1.17/5

Find the right invention & patent service for you

Find the right invention & patent service for you

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

TeleBrands Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

BEWARE OF ORDERING FROM TELEBRANDS! I ordered the Red Copper Brownie Bonanza from a TV infomercial. The offer was one brownie pan for $19.99 with free shipping plus a free brownie pan and a doughnut maker. I was required to pay a shipping fee for the two free items (brownie pan and doughnut maker). After three weeks I received a postcard stating that free brownie pan and doughnut maker were canceled from my order because the items had been discontinued. Even though the offer I responded to had free shipping on the original item, I was charged shipping.

When I called the customer service number on the postcard I was told that there had never been an offer that provided free shipping, even though it was clearly stated in the infomercial. As this company continues to sell the brownie pan, they are clearly not a discontinued item. These items are available for purchase in local stores, however, I chose to make the purchase from the infomercial BECAUSE of the additional free items. Since I didn't get any of the extra items or free shipping, I ended up paying more for the pan than if I had bought it locally. Plus the extra hassle of making additional phone calls. If you order from an infomercial be aware that not only are you kept on the phone for over 20 minutes, you run a big chance of not getting the full offer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I ordered a week before Father's Day for the flashlight and lantern. It has still not been received!! I called several times and emailed correspondences. I was told I would get a 5 dollar discount!! It's a scam. They just hope people will assume it gets to who you are shipping it to!! I got the runaround and now they won't refund the money. Told me it shipped again and will be delivered August 9, guess we will see! NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!! If I didn't keep emailing and calling I doubt I would have gotten this far!!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased the Atomic flashlight and when placing the AAA batteries in, I had two batteries in place into the battery holder and the battery holder got extremely hot to the point I had to put it down on the table and take the batteries out. The batteries were brand new Duracell and I placed in Eveready generic batteries into the battery holder and placed it inside the Atomic flashlight and of course it did not work. I contacted the BulbHead company via telephone and was asked to take photo of Atomic flashlight which I did.

I received an email telling me to return the flashlight to the seller which I purchased the product and I am on vacation with my fifth wheel and told them I am 300 miles from Denver and I am not going to drive that far to return it and they have chose to take a give a care about the faulty Atomic flashlight and so I am out 30.00 dollars and recommend that no-one buys any ** made product from the burned out BulbHead company owned by Cree Inc...

You can look and see the amount of dissatisfied customers have posted about products they bought also which is not a problem for the BulbHead company because they are stealing money and their attitude is there is nothing anyone can do about it... Wrong, I am going to make it clear on social media and maybe even a video driving over the flashlight to show the inferiority made products made by this shyster company… So buyer beware and dont waste you money and spread the word about how they rip people off around the world which is stated on the product package...

Original review: June 20, 2017

Just FYI: Bulb Idea is really TeleBrands. As numerous reviewers have said, they sell junk. I too bought two of their pocket hose and both literally fell apart and had more pin holes than Swiss cheese.. I do not recall details, but a class action suit was filed and at some point I will get a settlement check (but I am not holding my breath). I ordered two climb carts and now that I know it is really TeleBrands I expect junk but at least my card issuer will reverse the charges if the climb carts are junk.

Original review: June 20, 2017

We purchased the TeleBrands pocket hose last year and shortly after using it, it sprung a hole in it. We were able to exchange it where it was originally purchased. On the 2nd use, the new one sprung a hole as well. We tried to make do with the situation and the hose sprung a second hole. This product is a waste of money and is NOT as their website claims, "And, Pocket Hose Top Brass Bullet features an industrial brass connector with exclusive connector protector that's guaranteed to not to kink, leak, or tear."

I contacted the company as we no longer had the receipt from the original exchange. The company sent an email that included bold lettering advising they do no reimburse for postage and spelled it "reemburse". They also included that they want all customers to be 100% satisfied however with two faulty products of theirs I am far from satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TeleBrands?

Original review: May 26, 2017

Not impressed that the first item in 'Instructions read before use' says 'Remove pocket hose from package' but the instructions are INSIDE the package and cannot be read until the hose is removed! Well done.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I ordered the spin scrubber online. At that time, I was not aware that the company was TeleBrands. After receipt, assembled the product and began a 20-hour charge. After the unit was fully charged, I was able to clean my shower, however, the battery was drained after 30 minutes of use. I then began a re-charge, however, after 8 hours on the charger, the scrubber would not power on. This is not my first bad experience with TeleBrands. I filed a complaint with a state agency on another faulty product, with no results.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I received the Telebrands StarShower Laser Xmas light as a gift from my son. He purchased it through Amazon. It was DOA and did not work coming out of the box. Contacted the Telebrands who advised Amazon was not an authorized reseller and they would not stand behind their product. Then I contacted Amazon who did a flawless return and replacement within one day. Bottom line, BUYER BEWARE on anything you buy from Telebrands. They will find a way to skate on their products with nonsense excuses. And Amazon is the best. Perhaps Telebrands needs to rethink their customer service policies by taking a page from Amazon's book.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I have posted the following to every consumer review site I can identify: I have 3 orgreenic pans 2 years old, very little use because they just don't work as advertised. Everything sticks to them even after they've been 'seasoned'. I KNOW how to season a pan because I cook frequently with cast iron skillets. Pans have to be vigorously hand scrubbed even after going through dishwasher heavy duty cycle. Warranty is explicit that defective pans will be repaired or replaced for lifetime of original owner. 1st customer service rep said the company only had 10" and 12" pans in stock. 2nd customer service rep says they don't make them anymore, have none in stock and offers depreciated refund of $22.78 vs replacement as warrantied! And I'd have to return them at my expense to get that $22.78!!! I paid nearly $60 for them. Totally unsatisfactory! Supervisor has not called me back as promised. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I've never encountered a company with such a non-responsive customer service department. The order from the TV ad with a reduced price was never placed. The phone agents were rude or claimed that they could not hear the customer on the other end (that may be the case since I'm pretty sure they're actually in India). When they were finally reached, they agreed to place the order again at a somewhat higher price and sent a postcard saying the item was on back order. Weeks passed and an email to request an update on the order status was never answered. Their online chat was tried twice, and there was no response to that either.

After more than a month, a phone agent said the order had been canceled because the credit card was denied. A check with the card company revealed that the order was never run. When confronted with the news that they had lied about running the card, an agent agreed to place a third order at FULL PRICE. I agree with many other reviewers -- this company is a scam and a fraud. They obviously never intended to honor their TV reduced price offer on this item. Their intention was to reel people in with a phony offer so that they could upsell things like an extra coating on the pan along with many other confusing "deals" on possible future orders. This company is taking advantage of people and should not be allowed to operate in this country.

TeleBrands Company Information