2.32/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

ShoeDazzle

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

ShoeDazzle Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I bought some boots about a week ago and I received them with a silicon glue stain on the tip of the boot very noticeable, it looks like when you trip and scratch your boots but that is not the case I received them yesterday! Now I have to go and drop them off at the post office and wait 24 to 48 hrs to get that processed then I have to wait again 2-5 business days to receive my boots! Obviously not in time for my thanksgiving dinner! Terrible experience!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Horrible customer service/Rude and very difficult to deal with. Charge your card. No refunds. Just a waste of time and money... The lady was over talking me misunderstanding my concerns, so I canceled my subscription. Should not have to with unprofessional people who can barely speak English trying to explain something to me that’s wasn’t relevant. Don’t waste your time or money. There are other places that you can shop from and get better customer service and better quality shoes!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

ShoeDazzle is an online shoe/clothing/jewelry company that also provides a membership as a subscription based service for their products. You pay $40/month for their membership, which also gives you a discounted price for their products. However, if you don't like any of their items, you are unable to get a refund for their services. If you cancel your membership, you are still able to use any credits you might have, but not at the discounted price. You have the option to skip the payment each month, but you yourself have to go in and skip at the beginning of the month, there is no option to skip permanently. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Or, if you do, only use it on a one time basis.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I made the mistake of buying some shoes from ShoeDazzle a year ago. They arrived and were complete trash. They were way too big, felt like cardboard, and didn't look nearly as cute in person as they did online so I returned them. I was honestly shocked by the poor quality of the shoe considering the original price. The shoes are about $50 without the first-time purchase offer. That’s a decently priced shoe. I could buy a pair of Converses or some nice flats or heels with that money from DSW. When I returned the shoes, ShoeDazzle said I can only get store credit for the shoes. I was annoyed but oh well, figured I'd find something else I liked eventually. I knew I didn't want to pay $50 for cheap cardboard shoes so I waited for a sale with a few items I'd like.

Finally, I run into a 50% off sale so I figured now was the time to order some products with my money. During checkout, it says YOU CANNOT USE STORE CREDIT ALONG WITH THE 50% SALE!!!! What in the actual hell? That store credit was my own money that has apparently lost value since I made my first purchase with them. Okay, so whatever... It is what it is. I order enough stuff to go $3 over my store credit. All the product comes in a week or so later and they are completely unusable. A two-piece suit had a bunch of pulled strings in it and was discolored. A dress had the texture of a trash bag and didn’t even stay closed if I moved at all. The boots looked horribly cheap and felt so stiff and heavy. I have no idea how any of their products have decent reviews. So now I've learned my lesson and know I will return everything and ask for a gift card so I can just close my account. NOPE! They don't allow you to convert your store credit into a gift card.

So if you want to give your remaining money to someone else you have to allow that person to log into your account and risk the chance of them adding to the store credit you already have built up. This company is designed to take your money regardless of if you get anything out of it or not. It is a complete scam full of ways to increase the chances of you forgetting to hit that "skip this month" button and securing an additional $30 bucks a month as store credit and never allowing you to have it back unless you want to use it on their shoes or clothes that will go into the trash within a month of owning it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I know for some, it was hard finding a selection of shoes. For me, I actually was able to order about 3 or 4 times in the course of 4 or 5 months. They were cute but definitely difficult to wear. A part of the experience is due to my inability to wear high-inches heals and the other part is due to the instability of the shoes when walking. I'm fully aware of how the process works. They are allowed to perform an automatic withdrawal of about 39.99 each month unless you skip a month by the 5th day of each month. Well, the month of August 2019, I forgot to skip so I was charged. Of course, I didn't blame them for that. Before canceling, I purchased items of equal price or more. I waited until my items arrived the following week and checked to make sure they arrived not damaged prior to canceling membership. About 8/27/2019, I canceled membership with the rep Omar and was informed that I would receive a notification/confirmation.

Never realized that I didn't receive the confirmation, but received an email saying I spoke with a rep named Omar asking to give a review regarding the talk with him. So that was my proof of speaking with someone. Unfortunately, I get an email on 9/6/2019 saying I had credit of 39.99 waiting for me to spend. Immediately, upon seeing that email, I called SD and told them "my membership was suppose to be cancelled" but I was charged for a credit. I didn't ask, I TOLD them firmly, I wanted my money refunded. She said she checked record saying that "I wanted to continue with SD." I firmly told her "that was not true. I spoke with a rep before which they have records of and was informed my membership would be cancel. So refund me money." She briefly put me on hold to speak with someone to get approval. Although, I'm fully aware that I was going to get my money back regardless of their approval.

I was ready to call my bank and show proof! Fortunately, she informed me that I was approved for a refund and I should receive it within 5 business days, and then asked would I like to just continue with SD and they would give me an additional $10 off an item. I pressed record on my iPad to record our conversation and proceeded to tell the rep "This conversation is being recorded. I appreciate my refund, but as of 9/7/2019, I am cancelling my membership. Thus I do not want to proceed with SD. Please send my canceling confirmation now via email." She quickly responded that my membership was canceled.

By the time, I got off the phone, I checked my email and I received confirmation. Now I'm waiting on my refund. If I don't receive it or/and I'm charged again, I'm suing. I don't play about my money. My advice regarding this process is to stand firm. If you didn't read the fine print, it's technically your fault. However, if you canceled your membership, and they charged your account, it's their fault and you are entitled to a refund; don't let them lie to you! Get it recorded and make sure you have a confirmation email.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoeDazzle?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Adorable rain boots, hardly wore but 4 times, LIGHT WEAR. Toe split while on vacay in Europe. Did not put them, broken boots, back in my heavy luggage to travel by air, train, taxi, bus, walking all the way. 24 hrs travel from Europe back to US. So SD will not replace them. Understand the policy but give someone a break every now and then. Was I really supposed to haul boots back in an excruciating journey back from round the world??? UGH.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Shoedazzle will do anything to pull money out of your account, if you cant skip the month and make it very difficult to find the actual "skip the month" option on their website, especially on the mobile site. Once charged, they will fight with you to refund it, until you threaten to cancel your VIP membership. Then when they finally refund your money they shortchange you because of the exchange rate and say they can't do anything about it. What a scam and a joke. Not a good way to do business in my opinion, and I'll never recommend or join that site again. Also, the quality of footwear is garbage anyways...

Original review: July 16, 2019

I canceled my VIP membership for the second time. I never really had any pertinent issues with them besides the main gripe that you cannot use credits for sale items. For instance, if they withdraw 39.95 from your account or the 5th of the month and a sale is going on, they will make you choose between using your credit or getting the sale price. Does my currency somehow lose value as soon as it enters ShoeDazzle land? Isn't it the same 39.95 you will be getting anyway when I make a purchase? I'll just go shop at the stores. I need to get out more anyway.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Got the $29 for two pair deal and was on the website for the entire hour I was given before the deal expired and it would not let me add anything to my bag. I tried several times and there was no way to add to the bag and checkout. The offer expired and I never was able to buy anything.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I do not recommend anyone use ShoeDazzle because it is a rip-off. Even with proof that you're missing something you paid for, customer service doesn't care. I had three VIP credits, meaning three payments were taken from my account. I used one VIP credit on the 13th of June, leaving me with two. I made a purchase on the 17th, and my debit card was charged $34.90. I called, and the first representative said that I was charged because my purchase was less than $39.95. When I told him I'd done it before, he hung up on me.

The next representative (Rena) refunded the $34.90 taken from my account but then accidentally charged an additional $29.95 to my card instead of applying the VIP credit which she refunded as well. She then reordered my pants and applied a VIP credit, leaving me with a $10.00 store credit and one VIP credit. When I called about the missing credit, I was told that they refunded me for June. However, ShoeDazzle charges $39.95 a month. The e-mails concerning my refund state that they are for the pants that were charged to my card. Nowhere is there an e-mail stating a refund for a $39.95 VIP refund.

Therefore, I am out a VIP credit, which is equivalent to $39.95. I do not understand how four representatives and a supervisor cannot understand that using two VIP credit out of three leaves one. No one could explain to me how the refund was not for the pants, but it was for June. Especially when I never requested a refund for June nor was the refund for the same amount. The representatives are rude and speak over you. Some are hard to understand, and others hang up on paying customers. I asked multiple people, including the supervisor, to replay Rena's call, and they refused. I am not stopping until someone can explain to me why I am out of $39.95 that I paid.

ShoeDazzle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ShoeDazzle, founded in 2009, is a part of TechStyle Fashion Group and is a membership site. Consumers must choose and order a new pair of shoes each month or visit the site to skip their monthly order to avoid being billed. Consumers who forget to skip their order will be billed for store credit to be used at a later time.

• Style quiz: The first time consumers visit the site, they will be guided through a style quiz. ShoeDazzle uses their responses to make personalized recommendations.

• Customer service: ShoeDazzle prides itself on customer service. Customer service representatives are available by phone 24/7, and the company has a very short average hold time.

• Selection: ShoeDazzle designs and manufactures its own brand of shoes and clothes, but some other brands may be available depending on the season. The site stocks women shoe sizes 5.5 to 11.

• Shipping: Shipping is free on all orders over $49. Shipping is free for members when they order over $39 worth of merchandise. Expedited shipping is available within the contiguous United States for an additional fee.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return or exchange shoes. Those who wish to exchange an order shipping to the contiguous United States can do so without paying for return shipping or a restocking fee. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and Canada must pay for return shipping.

• Best for: ShoeDazzle carries women’s shoes and is best for busy women, professionals and fashionistas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs