1.55/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

ShoeDazzle

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

50 ShoeDazzle Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I made the mistake of buying some shoes from ShoeDazzle a year ago. They arrived and were complete trash. They were way too big, felt like cardboard, and didn't look nearly as cute in person as they did online so I returned them. I was honestly shocked by the poor quality of the shoe considering the original price. The shoes are about $50 without the first-time purchase offer. That’s a decently priced shoe. I could buy a pair of Converses or some nice flats or heels with that money from DSW. When I returned the shoes, ShoeDazzle said I can only get store credit for the shoes. I was annoyed but oh well, figured I'd find something else I liked eventually. I knew I didn't want to pay $50 for cheap cardboard shoes so I waited for a sale with a few items I'd like.

Finally, I run into a 50% off sale so I figured now was the time to order some products with my money. During checkout, it says YOU CANNOT USE STORE CREDIT ALONG WITH THE 50% SALE!!!! What in the actual hell? That store credit was my own money that has apparently lost value since I made my first purchase with them. Okay, so whatever... It is what it is. I order enough stuff to go $3 over my store credit. All the product comes in a week or so later and they are completely unusable. A two-piece suit had a bunch of pulled strings in it and was discolored. A dress had the texture of a trash bag and didn’t even stay closed if I moved at all. The boots looked horribly cheap and felt so stiff and heavy. I have no idea how any of their products have decent reviews. So now I've learned my lesson and know I will return everything and ask for a gift card so I can just close my account. NOPE! They don't allow you to convert your store credit into a gift card.

So if you want to give your remaining money to someone else you have to allow that person to log into your account and risk the chance of them adding to the store credit you already have built up. This company is designed to take your money regardless of if you get anything out of it or not. It is a complete scam full of ways to increase the chances of you forgetting to hit that "skip this month" button and securing an additional $30 bucks a month as store credit and never allowing you to have it back unless you want to use it on their shoes or clothes that will go into the trash within a month of owning it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I know for some, it was hard finding a selection of shoes. For me, I actually was able to order about 3 or 4 times in the course of 4 or 5 months. They were cute but definitely difficult to wear. A part of the experience is due to my inability to wear high-inches heals and the other part is due to the instability of the shoes when walking. I'm fully aware of how the process works. They are allowed to perform an automatic withdrawal of about 39.99 each month unless you skip a month by the 5th day of each month. Well, the month of August 2019, I forgot to skip so I was charged. Of course, I didn't blame them for that. Before canceling, I purchased items of equal price or more. I waited until my items arrived the following week and checked to make sure they arrived not damaged prior to canceling membership. About 8/27/2019, I canceled membership with the rep Omar and was informed that I would receive a notification/confirmation.

Never realized that I didn't receive the confirmation, but received an email saying I spoke with a rep named Omar asking to give a review regarding the talk with him. So that was my proof of speaking with someone. Unfortunately, I get an email on 9/6/2019 saying I had credit of 39.99 waiting for me to spend. Immediately, upon seeing that email, I called SD and told them "my membership was suppose to be cancelled" but I was charged for a credit. I didn't ask, I TOLD them firmly, I wanted my money refunded. She said she checked record saying that "I wanted to continue with SD." I firmly told her "that was not true. I spoke with a rep before which they have records of and was informed my membership would be cancel. So refund me money." She briefly put me on hold to speak with someone to get approval. Although, I'm fully aware that I was going to get my money back regardless of their approval.

I was ready to call my bank and show proof! Fortunately, she informed me that I was approved for a refund and I should receive it within 5 business days, and then asked would I like to just continue with SD and they would give me an additional $10 off an item. I pressed record on my iPad to record our conversation and proceeded to tell the rep "This conversation is being recorded. I appreciate my refund, but as of 9/7/2019, I am cancelling my membership. Thus I do not want to proceed with SD. Please send my canceling confirmation now via email." She quickly responded that my membership was canceled.

By the time, I got off the phone, I checked my email and I received confirmation. Now I'm waiting on my refund. If I don't receive it or/and I'm charged again, I'm suing. I don't play about my money. My advice regarding this process is to stand firm. If you didn't read the fine print, it's technically your fault. However, if you canceled your membership, and they charged your account, it's their fault and you are entitled to a refund; don't let them lie to you! Get it recorded and make sure you have a confirmation email.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Adorable rain boots, hardly wore but 4 times, LIGHT WEAR. Toe split while on vacay in Europe. Did not put them, broken boots, back in my heavy luggage to travel by air, train, taxi, bus, walking all the way. 24 hrs travel from Europe back to US. So SD will not replace them. Understand the policy but give someone a break every now and then. Was I really supposed to haul boots back in an excruciating journey back from round the world??? UGH.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Shoedazzle will do anything to pull money out of your account, if you cant skip the month and make it very difficult to find the actual "skip the month" option on their website, especially on the mobile site. Once charged, they will fight with you to refund it, until you threaten to cancel your VIP membership. Then when they finally refund your money they shortchange you because of the exchange rate and say they can't do anything about it. What a scam and a joke. Not a good way to do business in my opinion, and I'll never recommend or join that site again. Also, the quality of footwear is garbage anyways...

Original review: July 16, 2019

I canceled my VIP membership for the second time. I never really had any pertinent issues with them besides the main gripe that you cannot use credits for sale items. For instance, if they withdraw 39.95 from your account or the 5th of the month and a sale is going on, they will make you choose between using your credit or getting the sale price. Does my currency somehow lose value as soon as it enters ShoeDazzle land? Isn't it the same 39.95 you will be getting anyway when I make a purchase? I'll just go shop at the stores. I need to get out more anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoeDazzle?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Got the $29 for two pair deal and was on the website for the entire hour I was given before the deal expired and it would not let me add anything to my bag. I tried several times and there was no way to add to the bag and checkout. The offer expired and I never was able to buy anything.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I do not recommend anyone use ShoeDazzle because it is a rip-off. Even with proof that you're missing something you paid for, customer service doesn't care. I had three VIP credits, meaning three payments were taken from my account. I used one VIP credit on the 13th of June, leaving me with two. I made a purchase on the 17th, and my debit card was charged $34.90. I called, and the first representative said that I was charged because my purchase was less than $39.95. When I told him I'd done it before, he hung up on me.

The next representative (Rena) refunded the $34.90 taken from my account but then accidentally charged an additional $29.95 to my card instead of applying the VIP credit which she refunded as well. She then reordered my pants and applied a VIP credit, leaving me with a $10.00 store credit and one VIP credit. When I called about the missing credit, I was told that they refunded me for June. However, ShoeDazzle charges $39.95 a month. The e-mails concerning my refund state that they are for the pants that were charged to my card. Nowhere is there an e-mail stating a refund for a $39.95 VIP refund.

Therefore, I am out a VIP credit, which is equivalent to $39.95. I do not understand how four representatives and a supervisor cannot understand that using two VIP credit out of three leaves one. No one could explain to me how the refund was not for the pants, but it was for June. Especially when I never requested a refund for June nor was the refund for the same amount. The representatives are rude and speak over you. Some are hard to understand, and others hang up on paying customers. I asked multiple people, including the supervisor, to replay Rena's call, and they refused. I am not stopping until someone can explain to me why I am out of $39.95 that I paid.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I signed up for the VIP membership months ago, have ordered one pair of shoes (boots) and I actually like them. I fell pregnant shortly after signing up for subscription and decided that $40 a month for shoes or whatever, was too much and I called to CANCEL the VIP membership but the representative on the phone was giving me a hard time, saying canceling was a long process and blah blah blah. Told me it was best to skip monthly 1st-5th, as many times as you want to avoid a charge. I am about to have my baby so my head has been all over the place this month and I forgot to skip. Tried calling to see if I could cancel and get a refund but he said that they were already converted to credits and could not be refunded so it was best to use the credits before cancelling. OK FINE.

I have been searching for over an hour to find a pair that I like that is NOT sold out, that is the price of $39.95. I think it is really stupid that you can only get them $39.95 or higher with credits. Most I liked were cheaper. We should be able to spend our $40 credit any way we want. It's not like they are losing anything, they still have the money! I just don't get it. Literally struggling to find something my style that is not SOLD OUT and of the matching price to use the credits but oh my god, I swear everything is sold out except the really ugly shoes. Sorry, but still trying to spend wisely and something of my taste. If you're going to tell us how to spend our credits, fix your damn inventory!

Original review: June 10, 2019

So I signed up for a membership with Shoedazzle around Christmas time. I did not see in the fine print but I was signing up to be charged every single month $40 for nothing. Around April I saw the charge on my credit card recurring and called them to try and get my money back. After fighting with the customer service representative over chat I finally got one month refunded. They then tried to charge me again the following month saying that even though I had been irate and said I never signed up for the membership and they refunded me my money that did not qualify as canceling my membership so they tried to charge me again and then told me I was unable to cancel. This is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen - do not sign up for shoedazzle.com or shop there!!!! Buyer beware!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I started with Shoedazzle a few years ago. I was ok with skip a month here and there. Sometimes I would forget. I accumulated a pretty decent credit. There is no way to get that money back according to their representatives I spoke to. I let it go and figured down the road maybe I could use it. I log into my account thinking I could get a pair of summer sandals. There is NO credit on my account at all. There is no record of where it went. The only amount that shoes is $39.95. According to the website the credit sits there until you use it. Pretty much they take your money if you don't use it in a certain amount of time. Thanks Shoedazzle!

ShoeDazzle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ShoeDazzle, founded in 2009, is a part of TechStyle Fashion Group and is a membership site. Consumers must choose and order a new pair of shoes each month or visit the site to skip their monthly order to avoid being billed. Consumers who forget to skip their order will be billed for store credit to be used at a later time.

• Style quiz: The first time consumers visit the site, they will be guided through a style quiz. ShoeDazzle uses their responses to make personalized recommendations.

• Customer service: ShoeDazzle prides itself on customer service. Customer service representatives are available by phone 24/7, and the company has a very short average hold time.

• Selection: ShoeDazzle designs and manufactures its own brand of shoes and clothes, but some other brands may be available depending on the season. The site stocks women shoe sizes 5.5 to 11.

• Shipping: Shipping is free on all orders over $49. Shipping is free for members when they order over $39 worth of merchandise. Expedited shipping is available within the contiguous United States for an additional fee.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return or exchange shoes. Those who wish to exchange an order shipping to the contiguous United States can do so without paying for return shipping or a restocking fee. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and Canada must pay for return shipping.

• Best for: ShoeDazzle carries women’s shoes and is best for busy women, professionals and fashionistas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs