3.9/5 (189 ratings)

About ShoeDazzle

ShoeDazzle is an online retailer that primarily functions as a fashion subscription service. This means members pay a monthly fee to see a curated list of possible purchases each month and get other perks like extra savings. Started by Kim Kardashian and partners in 2009, the company was bought by JustFab in 2013. The two companies continue to operate alongside each other.

Pros

• Monthly subscription is not necessary
  • Free exchanges
  • New products every month
  • Option to skip months

Cons

• Shoes are pricey
  • Service can be confusing

Bottom Line

ShoeDazzle is a fashion subscription service. Customers can find a variety of shoes, bags, clothing and accessories on the site. VIP members get access to better prices and exclusive sales. Members can skip months.

What is ShoeDazzle?

Despite its name, ShoeDazzle offers a wide variety of fashion products. Along with a long list of shoe styles, customers can also shop for:

• Clothing: Dresses, sweaters, tops, bottoms, rompers, activewear and plus sizes
  • Bags: Backpacks, clutches, shoulder bags, crossbody, handbags and totes
  • Accessories: Belts, hats, face masks, earrings, scarves, sunglasses and watches

Customers can also shop by trend. Some trends include “Espadrilles,” “Office Chic,” “From the ‘Gram” and “Slay At Home.”

How does ShoeDazzle work?

ShoeDazzle starts you out with a style quiz that helps narrow down your style preferences to show you a more personalized product selection. The company calls this your personalized showroom, which is curated by ShoeDazzle stylists.

Once you shop and are ready to check out, you have two options. You can check out as a basic customer, as you would with any other online retail store, or purchase a VIP membership.

ShoeDazzle offers members several benefits for a monthly fee. Members get a monthly personalized showroom curated by ShoeDazzle stylists, up to 25% off retail prices, free shipping on orders of more than $49 in the contiguous U.S. and other members-only benefits.

Members can skip months whenever they choose, and there's no charge as long as you cancel by the fifth of each month. You can also cancel your membership at any time by contacting customer service.

ShoeDazzle price

ShoeDazzle’s VIP membership is $39.95 a month. This fee keeps your member status and goes towards your monthly purchase. Members are allowed to skip as many months as they choose. If you forget to skip a month and your card gets charged, your money isn’t lost — it’s added to your account as credit for a future purchase.

Most of ShoeDazzle’s products are reasonably priced, even without the discount that comes with the VIP membership. Shipping is free to most of the United States for purchases over $49. For orders less than $49, shipping is $6.95. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. territories is $14.95, and express shipping is $24.95.

ShoeDazzle FAQ

How do I skip a month on ShoeDazzle?
To skip a month on ShoeDazzle, click the “VIP Account” tab and select your account details. From there, click the “Skip The Month” button and follow the instructions. As long as you skip by the fifth, you won’t be charged for that month.
Where is ShoeDazzle located?
ShoeDazzle is an American company based in El Segundo, California.
How long does ShoeDazzle take to ship?
In the contiguous United States, standard shipping takes two to three days and express is one to two days. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. territories can take up to 30 days.
Is ShoeDazzle a scam?
ShoeDazzle is not a scam. It’s a monthly subscription service. Customers are responsible for skipping a month to avoid being charged or canceling their account if they no longer want a membership.
Are ShoeDazzle and JustFab the same?
JustFab acquired ShoeDazzle in 2013. They still operate as separate companies but have the same owners.

Is ShoeDazzle legit?

ShoeDazzle is a legitimate fashion subscription service. It operates like any other retail subscription service, which isn't a business model everyone appreciates. It offers a wide variety of products for customers, and it provides discounts and other perks to members paying a monthly fee. The vital thing to keep in mind with ShoeDazzle is the fine print — if you forget to skip or cancel by the specified date, you are charged for the month. So if you shop as a one-time customer or stay vigilant about deadlines, ShoeDazzle is a good place to shop.

ShoeDazzle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoeDazzle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoeDazzle?

Original review: March 8, 2022

I called to check on a order I placed and got transferred to a supervisor named Scarlett who decided that my wanting to know and concerns about my order wasn't good enough and hung up on me. It was very rude and very disrespectful and after I received my items I will not be ordering from ShoeDazzle anymore if that's how they treat their customers when they call.

Hello Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're sorry to hear that you encountered trouble with your first order. I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

I'd be happy to look further into this, can you please provide any further information in a private reply. In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

- The phone number associated with your account

Thank you in advance for your response.

Zeth

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Well, the one order that I had placed was two years ago or so, and I've been hesitant to order again for two reasons. I MIGHT only because I forgot to "skip a month" once or twice, so I have credit. Anyway, the shipper this company uses is the cheapest one that they could possibly find. My first go of it, the shipper sent my shoes back to the warehouse using the reason that my driveway was not accessible. This was completely false. A delivery was NOT attempted, AT ALL. So I called Shoedazzle. They issued me a credit and stayed on the line so I could reorder my shoes.

The one pair that I wanted was out of stock, as if someone actually bought the pair that the shipper returned. I had to choose another one that I only liked a little bit, for the same price. This time, the shipper pulled into my neighbor's driveway and walked across to my house...I have a huge driveway...but for whatever reason, they refused to pull into my driveway. At least I had gotten the shoes this time, right? The knee boots that I bought....they won't actually stay up, they kind of hang off the front of my leg. I won't go through the trouble of a return because frankly, I was really upset at this point.

I'd like to try clothes from them. I order lots of clothes online, namely things from places like Venus. I just don't like their clothes. Not even a little bit. It's all one style. I'm not into urban wear. Some of it isn't even all that classy looking, it's just bizarre. Perhaps if they had a wider range of diverse models in a much wider range of styles, maybe I'd find something that I like. Something for a short, blond, suburban, maybe? It's not really fair to limit their audience. I'm sure everyone out there wouldn't mind an opportunity to join their club if they didn't limit what they have so much to just one style of dress. I only like maybe about a 1/3 of their shoes for this reason as well. It's just not me.

Hi Kami,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We would like to discuss further the availability of our products in the styles and sizes you like. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

Zeth

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

They charge 40$ a month for VIP they never told me anything they took 40 usd (52 cad$ in my case) they took it twice. I told them the first time and then they said they refund me! They never refunded me and on top of it I had to change my bank card and they still manage to take money again out of my account without my permission and after telling them I was NOT INTERESTED IN THEIR STORE they still spam me everyday!!! Now I have to file a police report and will report them to the bank for fraud accusations!!!

Hello Christiane,

We are sorry to hear that you disliked our VIP Membership terms! Your feedback about the VIP membership is important for us to know as this will help us to provide great service to our VIP members like you. We would like to go deeper into your concern so we'd know how we could further assist you.

During your initial purchase, you are given two options, either to checkout as a VIP member or Guest. If you chose the VIP option, you'd receive your first order at a discount and be enrolled in our VIP membership. If you don't want to be a VIP member, simply check out with us as a Guest. As a VIP member, you will never be obligated to make a purchase nor pay the monthly charge every month and you can make changes to your account whenever you wish. Indeed, we are a monthly membership shop but there is no need to pay each month to remain a VIP and enjoy exclusive sales and discounts. You can either shop or skip before the 6th of the month. If you don’t shop or skip by the 5th, your account will be charged $39.95 USD for one member credit. The credit goes into your account which can be used for future purchases. If you have bought something between the 1st to 5th day of the month, you won't need to skip it. More details here: https://www.shoedazzle.com/howitworks.htm.

The skipping period is always available from the 1st to the 5th day of each month. You can skip online. The skip button can be found under your VIP account tab with a color hot pink button after clicking the 'My VIP' option. We also send monthly reminders (on the 1st and 4th day with the monthly collection) about you being a VIP Member and reminding you to skip. Please check the spam or junk mail as the emails we send sometimes get filtered reaching your inbox. You can set a reminder on your phone from 1st to 5th of the month to skip. If you have bought something between the 1st to 5th day of the month, you won't need to skip it. Aside from skipping online, I can also skip for you if you'd like.

Checking out as a VIP is how we were able to offer you a discount on your first order, as well as discounts, free shipping, and other perks on future orders. Our "skip the month" feature allows the member to have more control over their subscription. However, if you don't want to worry about monthly charges or skipping the month, we have a "pay-as-you-go" option that might work well for you. You wouldn't get access to VIP prices anymore and the accumulated Reward Points will be removed, but there also wouldn't be a monthly fee.

Let me know if you'd like to be a pay-as-you-go member instead, and I can make that change to your account.

Zeth

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

They automatically sign you up for the subscription with the guise you can cancel anytime. You have to call them to do so. They hang up on you when you try and just keep charging your credit card. Had to file a dispute with my CC company to get them to stop. And they had the audacity to tell me it was a legit purchase and I was in the wrong. Mad companies like this exist.

Hello Alysia,

We are sorry to hear that you disliked our VIP Membership terms. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Zeth

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I don't know how tf this website is still around. This scam of a business is happy to collect your 40 bucks every month and then promise you all sorts of magical benefits and ability to use your credits that you PAID FOR on items, yet MULTIPLE TIMES I have had orders mysteriously cancelled with NO explanation, ALWAYS after I placed an order during a sale and using my credits (so.. was there EVEN a sale? or did you cancel everyone's orders so no one actually got a sale price you criminals) and usually when I got a bunch of items and used as many credits as I could and waited for a sale to do so. Basically they said "Nope! you waited for a sale and have given us 40 bucks a month for countless months? Too bad! We are going to make you not able to utilize any of your benefits and just cancel your order so you don't get any of those benefits!"

ALSO - often times a shoe I want will be ineligible for the VIP credits yet when you log out, it shows it as eligible iF yOu JuSt SiGn uP toDaY!1 Absolute scam. False advertising. Empty promises. Unable to use "membership benefits". They will still take your money and make you pay full price. Will cancel orders where you utilized their system to get good prices so you are forced to pay full price or just never get the products.

Also, despite how much money you may have given them, you cant use your credits if you don't have an active membership to encourage people not to cancel in hopes that you forget to "Skip the month" so they can charge you even though you didn't even want this scam of a membership. I have literally NEVER received a benefit of this membership. NEVER. Should've just bought the shoes without the membership, and I'd have literally hundreds of dollars more in my pocket. I am spreading this far and wide and contacting influencers who I know have talked poorly of ShoeDazzle. People need to be spared from wasting their hard earned money on this SCAM.

Hello Liz,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll share this with the appropriate teams.

I'd be happy to look further into this, can you please provide any further information in a reply. In your response, please include one of the following, so that I can look up your account:

Zeth

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

This company is a complete scam! I purchased two pairs of shoes in December 2020. I was urged to sign up for the VIP membership. No details or information was given to me about this “membership.” I just noticed I’ve been charged $40 a month since my purchase, without my knowledge or authorization!! They’ll be hearing from my lawyer soon!

Hello Lacey,

All feedback is important to us, so we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with the VIP Membership. We strive to provide excellent member service, so a representative from our Member Services Team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Ivy

Original review: July 6, 2021

This website has become a scam. You get a VIP membership and they will billed you 40 dollar a month, Sometimes the website is now not working which don't allow you to skip the month so you don't get charged. AVOID becoming a VIP MEMBER. The quality of their shoes has decrease a TON. You will find better shoes for the same price somewhere else. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Hello Eliana,

Daniel

Original review: June 10, 2021

They charge $39.95 as VIP Membership, and this is really scamming, and you will have to make over over $40 to get that back, even though it's own your money,

Be aware of www.shoedazzle.com. Customer service is just ignore you. And they just need money.

Hello Nyle,

Daniel

Original review: May 26, 2021

I being buying of this people for years to find out after I placed one more order out of the many ones I did for couple of hundred dollars on every single sale that they canceled my account and my order as well, so I called them, they said they didn't know and it was probably a mistake then he change and said I was making too many returns, They completely exaggerated that statement, if you buy anything between 10 to 20 items you think they all gonna fit perfectly? Is a big chance size color or anything will be a reason to return.

But wait, it get better, Most of the time I request return labels and I'm so busy at work I forget to send back the item, so I challenge Jeffrey from customer service, I told him, proof me I send all the returns you talking about and I'll proof you wrong, he said, "So what you want to do," I said I want my account back with all my points which It was over 70,000+ points (too many I forgot) I accumulated on my Diamond elite membership that they took from me and I never used, so yes my account still open and no points, I want it close now. SHOEDAZZLE YOU BETRAYED MY CONFIDENCE AND LIED.

Hello Lourdes,

All feedback is important to us, so we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. We strive to provide excellent member service, someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

Daniel

Original review: May 14, 2021

Absolutely horrible experience. I called to cancel my account with ShoeDazzle several times. Last time was in February. I saw they continued to bill me even after I called to cancel the subscription!!! Called today once I noticed, and the sales representative was very rude and when I asked for a refund she stated "Thanks for saying that out loud." What? OF COURSE I am calling to ask for a refund when they never cancelled it when I called the last time!

I demanded a confirmation email showing my VIP Account was cancelled so I could ensure I would not be billed again in the future and she told me that was not possible! How am I going to have a paper trail of the subscription being cancelled if they won't even provide me with a confirmation email of the cancellation?? Just to call a couple months later and them to tell me I never cancelled it again? She only gave me a case number, **. That does not help at all if I can't prove the subscription was canceled. They are frauds that will bet on you forgetting you called/canceled your subscription only to charge your card once again.

Hello,

We count on our members to bring situations like this to our attention, so thank you. We apologize for your recent experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our Member Services team will be contacting you within 48 hours to assist you.

ShoeDazzle Company Information