2.49/5

45 ShoeDazzle Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

Got the $29 for two pair deal and was on the website for the entire hour I was given before the deal expired and it would not let me add anything to my bag. I tried several times and there was no way to add to the bag and checkout. The offer expired and I never was able to buy anything.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I do not recommend anyone use ShoeDazzle because it is a rip-off. Even with proof that you're missing something you paid for, customer service doesn't care. I had three VIP credits, meaning three payments were taken from my account. I used one VIP credit on the 13th of June, leaving me with two. I made a purchase on the 17th, and my debit card was charged $34.90. I called, and the first representative said that I was charged because my purchase was less than $39.95. When I told him I'd done it before, he hung up on me.

The next representative (Rena) refunded the $34.90 taken from my account but then accidentally charged an additional $29.95 to my card instead of applying the VIP credit which she refunded as well. She then reordered my pants and applied a VIP credit, leaving me with a $10.00 store credit and one VIP credit. When I called about the missing credit, I was told that they refunded me for June. However, ShoeDazzle charges $39.95 a month. The e-mails concerning my refund state that they are for the pants that were charged to my card. Nowhere is there an e-mail stating a refund for a $39.95 VIP refund.

Therefore, I am out a VIP credit, which is equivalent to $39.95. I do not understand how four representatives and a supervisor cannot understand that using two VIP credit out of three leaves one. No one could explain to me how the refund was not for the pants, but it was for June. Especially when I never requested a refund for June nor was the refund for the same amount. The representatives are rude and speak over you. Some are hard to understand, and others hang up on paying customers. I asked multiple people, including the supervisor, to replay Rena's call, and they refused. I am not stopping until someone can explain to me why I am out of $39.95 that I paid.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I signed up for the VIP membership months ago, have ordered one pair of shoes (boots) and I actually like them. I fell pregnant shortly after signing up for subscription and decided that $40 a month for shoes or whatever, was too much and I called to CANCEL the VIP membership but the representative on the phone was giving me a hard time, saying canceling was a long process and blah blah blah. Told me it was best to skip monthly 1st-5th, as many times as you want to avoid a charge. I am about to have my baby so my head has been all over the place this month and I forgot to skip. Tried calling to see if I could cancel and get a refund but he said that they were already converted to credits and could not be refunded so it was best to use the credits before cancelling. OK FINE.

I have been searching for over an hour to find a pair that I like that is NOT sold out, that is the price of $39.95. I think it is really stupid that you can only get them $39.95 or higher with credits. Most I liked were cheaper. We should be able to spend our $40 credit any way we want. It's not like they are losing anything, they still have the money! I just don't get it. Literally struggling to find something my style that is not SOLD OUT and of the matching price to use the credits but oh my god, I swear everything is sold out except the really ugly shoes. Sorry, but still trying to spend wisely and something of my taste. If you're going to tell us how to spend our credits, fix your damn inventory!

Original review: June 10, 2019

So I signed up for a membership with Shoedazzle around Christmas time. I did not see in the fine print but I was signing up to be charged every single month $40 for nothing. Around April I saw the charge on my credit card recurring and called them to try and get my money back. After fighting with the customer service representative over chat I finally got one month refunded. They then tried to charge me again the following month saying that even though I had been irate and said I never signed up for the membership and they refunded me my money that did not qualify as canceling my membership so they tried to charge me again and then told me I was unable to cancel. This is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen - do not sign up for shoedazzle.com or shop there!!!! Buyer beware!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I started with Shoedazzle a few years ago. I was ok with skip a month here and there. Sometimes I would forget. I accumulated a pretty decent credit. There is no way to get that money back according to their representatives I spoke to. I let it go and figured down the road maybe I could use it. I log into my account thinking I could get a pair of summer sandals. There is NO credit on my account at all. There is no record of where it went. The only amount that shoes is $39.95. According to the website the credit sits there until you use it. Pretty much they take your money if you don't use it in a certain amount of time. Thanks Shoedazzle!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoeDazzle?

Original review: May 1, 2019

My experience goes like this. So around Christmas time ShoeDazzle was having that hot deal to buy your first pair of shoes for $10, cool did it. Love the boots, still have them yet it's only been 5 months since I've had them & they were already falling apart by month 2. I really REALLY don't like companies who hold you to a month to month basis. Like a extra damn bill that I DO NOT NEED. Proactiv use to do this but were sued for exactly what ShoeDazzle is doing now. Charging people monthly unbeknownse to them. Be careful SD, you've got ALOT of pissed off customers already.

Anyway one month I really needed my money & I was LIVID to see them still charging me. I thought they would get the hint after I stopped putting money into that account on file for MONTHS but NOPE they charge as if it's OWED to them. Complete BS! So that month I called & spoke with a woman who bearly spoke English who proceeded to tell me that "ShoeDazzle doesn't give money back, you have to use your credit & return the shoe for money back." Um WHAT ok lady, I give up. So I used the credit without intentions of returning it. Ok & now just a couple hours ago around 8pm I loaded up my card to pay a bill for tomorrow & at 10:35pm I get a notification that ShoeDazzle has taken my money!!

This time I called & got a refund thru an automated recording which made me happy but still very on edge that I have to wait so long & that I'll even get my refund at all from some reviews I've read. Why can't they issue the money as fast as they take it??? Hope I get it in the 7 days as promised. We'll see. ShoeDazzle is cool for people who buy shoes CONSTANTLY but I'm not much of a shoe gal. Most of their shoes aren't really my style anyway & when I do find something it's always out of my size! They don't make enough wide calf boots. Their stock seems to be very low. Damn ShoeDazzle, get with it. Change the way you bill people & you wouldn't have most of these issues!! (Sorry for long rant lol, thanks for reading, goodluck to ya!)

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have been a member for ShoeDazzle for many years, just around 10 years, so I am not sure where they went wrong. I am fully aware of how the company operates. Every month you are charged $39.95, if you dont buy, you will receive a credit. Okay, cool. However, there has to be a valid card on file for them to do so, which I didn't have. Somehow, someone ShoeDazzle has gotten my card information and has been taking $39.95 for the last 5 months. The representative I spoke to had no valid reason how this was possible. I used the credits and closed my account, but based on reading other reviews it sounds like I need to make my bank aware on top of that, cancel my debit/credit card.

When I placed my order, the credits I had on file did not cover the full amount of what I had in my cart. I owed $8.24. When talking to the rep I asked if he could just take it from the card that they had on file, that they had been charging monthly, he stated "ma'am we do not have a card on file that we can charge the 8.24 to. Would you like to update your account information?" Well that was exactly my point. Also, the card they were using did not reflect on my ShoeDazzle account billing information either.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have been reading a lot of the reviews & some people just don’t understand the process. Yes you have to create a VIP membership to get super cheap shoes. But you can skip the month (by the 5th) every month to avoid the $39.95 charge. I have ordered over 20 shoes from both JustFab & ShoeDazzle & they are good companies. I mean the shoes aren’t perfect quality but they do last & they are cute. You just have to make sure to read the reviews properly on their actual website. I haven’t had to cancel my membership yet, I did forget to skip the month once & was charged the $39.95 but I called & they refunded after 7 business days or so. A lot of these reviews are exaggerated. Just do your research on the website. Read the heel measurements to avoid shoes that will kill your feet, read the measurements on the clothes to avoid buying clothes that don’t fit. It’s definitely worth it, they have a lot of 40% off or more offers throughout the year.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had a subscription to ShoeDazzle for a couple of years, typically choosing to "skip the month" instead of purchasing anything due to not caring for the quality of previous purchases from them. I eventually decided to cancel my membership by talking to a customer service representative. I was told that my membership was cancelled and that I would no longer be charged the $39.95 monthly subscription fee. Unfortunately, that was not the case. They continued to charge me to the point that I cancelled my card & placed a stop payment on them.

Somehow, they still managed to get ahold of my new information and tried to charge me again! This is after calling them several times to confirm that I no longer wish to be a subscriber. My bank caught it and immediately sent me a text so they didn't get the money, but this is utterly ridiculous & completely fraudulent. Please pay attention to your bank account upon cancellation to make sure that this doesn't happen to you.

Original review: March 29, 2019

This company enrolled me in sort of VIP membership program and keeps charging me $39.95 every few months for things I didn't order and never received. I've written to them several times telling them to cease and desist, but they keeping hitting me for $39.95. Unsubscribing to their emails does nothing. They keep sending me emails and have charged me $39.95 twice now for things I never asked for. I don't know whether they are crooks or just plain stupid. Ultimately I canceled my credit card just to keep this company from continually charging me.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes in the month of January and they turned out to be really nice shoes and they were on sale so I thought, "Wow what a great deal..." just to find out that THEY WERE MAKING WITHDRAWALS FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. They were taking $40 out in the month of February and March. I was going through my banking app and only found out tonight. First thing tomorrow morning I am going to cancel my debit card. BE AWARE AND DO NOT TRUST SHOEDAZZLE!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

0 stars!!! Never again!!! My name is Grace just in case these people are horrible. They will stay with your money with shoes you do not even want. They never said you cannot exchange more than 1 time and you won't get your money back. Do not do it. The size fit different so when you want to exchange it's a problem. Too much hassle. I am over it !! Stay away. These people are horrible!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

ShoeDazzle prices (before the sales, discounts and VIP sales) are absolutely ridiculous. Yes they have a great selection of items, but their clothes, shoes, etc are Rainbow level material (not shading Rainbow, I love Rainbow). I've brought 4 pairs of shoes and boots from them and was only able to wear the boots. The heels were cute but not comfortable. Also, they dictate how you can use your credits. They charge your card every month for 39.95 then tell you HOW you can OR cannot use it. The plus size selection is a hit or miss. I had to be on the website for a few hours before finding something that I can use my credit with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’ve ordered countless times and taken full advantage of the many reduced sales. I have never had a significant problem. I live in Canada and get my orders very quickly. My product is never a surprise and I think they are made as well as super expensive products. I’ve never had them fall apart on me. Sizing is pretty good but all companies can vary their sizing. Sometimes I need a thinner sock but others to be sure I’ll go up 1/2 a size. You have to look at the pictures. If it had a pointy toe and it’s a slip on boot it may take a size bigger to fit you. Same with clothes, if it’s a baggier shape then your size or one smaller is fine but the tailored stuff tends to run more form fitting.

I’ve had problems with the site and not being to order and I had a rep help me out pretty extensively so really I find it hard to complain with a site that offers boots for $20 etc and has crazy good sales. Sure I’d love more options as good products disappear quickly at the sales but that’s what happens when there are sales, people buy. Sometimes I buy multiples of products because I can get a deal and a look that no one has. So ya I'm a happy customer! Sorry that not everyone else is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I bought boots from ShoeDazzle - and before anyone says maybe I bought the wrong size, I bought the same size that I have always bought. After a few hours of wearing my boots, my feet were squeezed so badly, that I woke up with a severe foot sprain and had to rush to the ER. I tried to inform ShoeDazzle but their customer service simply refused to do anything about it.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I bought some items from ShoeDazzle and found that most of them were so cheaply and badly made that I needed to return them. I was confident that the company policy of accepting returns for store credit was a good one. Here's the deal, though. There were some items that were on sale for $7, and I thought that might be a good way to use my store credit. Nope. If you bought those same items using store credit, the price was $39.95. Don't get roped in. It's just more cheap crap made in China.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered two pair of boots, and never received them. I tracked them and I clicked on the tracking number and it gave me a totally different pair of boots plus it showed one pair of boots not two. So not only did I not receive my package, 9 days after it’s says “delivered” on the tracking status but the tracking number was completely linked to a different pair or boots!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I found some cute boots on sale for me and my sister in law on ShoeDazzle. The boots took a month to come but they took the money out of my account the next day and continue to charge me 40 dollars every month. I canceled my so-called membership that I know I didn't sign up for and told them to refund me... Crossing my fingers it works.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

On Dec. 8, 2018 I was charged $39.95 Even though I chose to skip shopping for Dec. 5 days earlier. Called Saturday December 8th in the morning and the rep apologized and promise to refund my money. Today Dec.12th still no refund... so I called this morning before work and was told the rep never processed it! In fact after she lied to me my attorney and I found out from my bank that the rep went back and debit my card again the same day @ 10:00pm! I am now pursuing fraud charges against ShoeDazzle and the incompetent thief representative!!! Please do not purchase Anything from these scamming thieves!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! It has taken 12 months to CANCEL my daughter's membership... Numerous phone calls, promises by SD, filed FRAUD against them with my credit card company. All to no avail. Finally, after three more months and more calls and promises. Today SD is telling me the last 6 months' membership charges WILL BE credited to my credit card, the account WILL BE closed, I WILL receive a confirmation email and I was given a CASE ID #. We will see if it REALLY HAPPENS! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Don't order from them. They will gladly take your money instantly and cancel your order days later because they oversold the product. I was so excited. Now I'm out the money and out on shoes. This is not how you do good business.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I hate the fact that most of the shoes that I go to are sold out. I can understand if it's only a few. They need more shoes in stock. I just feel that it isn't worth a monthly fee for something you can hardly find.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

They lure people to buy something for 10 dollars but they turn around and charge you 39.95 For membership that you didn't agree. Even if you cancel the membership you lose 39.95 dollars. It is fake and fraud. Don’t fall for the 10 dollar shoe sale. They count that fine prints as informing you with membership terms.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I'm sure the shoes look great cause I had a couple pair picked out to buy. BUT...what they don't advertise is you need a credit card on file so they can pull 40 bucks a month out just to be able to buy shoes from them. SO NOT COOL so watch out! If you don't sign up for that...shoes shoot up in price which makes it hard to get too excited about buying shoes there.Ripoff. Good luck everyone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

If I could give NO Stars I would. This is the second time I have been screwed by this company. I purchased a pair of boots Wide calf (which are hard to locate). Great deal, paid very little. After I clicked the order to submit I noticed the address wasn't full and correct. I immediately called and gave the new address. They were to arrive 10/2/18. I go out of town, come back no shoes. I find that they tried to deliver but the address was wrong! After I called and gave the correct address AND CONFIRMED IT! So since I have been screwed before, I decide to wait for them to call me. Guess what they never did.

So I call them 10/22/2018 only to find that they resold my shoes! I am a pretty easy going person, but have had enough of the pitiful, ridiculous, excuses. “I'm so sorry, I don't know why your shoes were resold, blah blah blah.” Needless to say I cancelled my subscription and will be receiving a refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY for your shoes. It’s hard enough to get the shoes you want, because they are never in stock and when you finally get the pair you want they screw the order up and resell them!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I called and spoke with someone yesterday and he told me that the 39.95 was still in pending and told me it would be reversed. Well it didn't even after I canceled my account. It even says on their website if you cancel you will not be charged. I did everything they asked. Didn't have this problem with JustFab.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered my shoes on October 3rd. October 10th, I got an email stating that my order has been cancelled, because they decided to sell me things that were out of stock. I now have to wait an additional 5 to 7 days to even get my money back. So at this point, a week later I'm out $40, and have no shoes. The only response from the company is, "I'm sorry." That just does not work for me. You don't take people's money for things you don't even have in stock. You don't wait 2 weeks to refund it. I suggest not doing business with them at all. You may or may not get shoes, but you sure don't get your money back either. Not in a timely fashion.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I liked that ShoeDazzle featured a specific showroom with shoes that fit my style and taste. I just wish I could have browsed at my leisure without pressure. I purchased my first pair for a discount, and it was great. They lasted a long time and I got a ton of compliments on them. I absolutely loved the shoes. After that, I hated how every month they'd keep the credit card on file and I'd have to remember to skip the month if I didn't want to buy anything or get charged. It felt sort of like a scam. I totally would have stayed a member and purchased more if I wasn't so afraid of forgetting to skip and being billed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My overall experience from the shopping online is pretty satisfying. The online page navigation and the checkout process were simple. The pictures of products were clear and the prices were fair. I do have to wait however long the shipment arrival is. Some may be 5-8 business days, while others can take up to a month for me to receive my product. But I like the ability to look at items as if I'm shopping in person, but in my own comfort space. Clicking through pages on the PC is much more convenient than shoe shopping all over the city until I find just what I'm looking for.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I always have fun shopping online. I like being able to shop without having to deal with a lot of people and being able to find the shoes I want when I want or need them. I rarely need help when shopping online as I shop online all the time but if I need any further help I can always call them. There is always someone online to help me when I need it too.

ShoeDazzle expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ShoeDazzle, founded in 2009, is a part of TechStyle Fashion Group and is a membership site. Consumers must choose and order a new pair of shoes each month or visit the site to skip their monthly order to avoid being billed. Consumers who forget to skip their order will be billed for store credit to be used at a later time.

• Style quiz: The first time consumers visit the site, they will be guided through a style quiz. ShoeDazzle uses their responses to make personalized recommendations.

• Customer service: ShoeDazzle prides itself on customer service. Customer service representatives are available by phone 24/7, and the company has a very short average hold time.

• Selection: ShoeDazzle designs and manufactures its own brand of shoes and clothes, but some other brands may be available depending on the season. The site stocks women shoe sizes 5.5 to 11.

• Shipping: Shipping is free on all orders over $49. Shipping is free for members when they order over $39 worth of merchandise. Expedited shipping is available within the contiguous United States for an additional fee.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return or exchange shoes. Those who wish to exchange an order shipping to the contiguous United States can do so without paying for return shipping or a restocking fee. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and Canada must pay for return shipping.

• Best for: ShoeDazzle carries women’s shoes and is best for busy women, professionals and fashionistas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs