1.07/5

74 Roaman's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2019

Horrible customer service. So I decide to apply for the charge card. I get approved and receive an email saying "your card is on its way! 7-10 days...blah blah". 2 1/2 months later I have no card. And I have contacted the company twice I do not know any of my account info. I cannot pay within the 90 days deal I received because I dont have info to set up payments. After reading these reviews (wish I had before applying) it appears that may just be their purpose. Get more money from you any way they can. False advertisement? Deceptive practices? Sure sounds like it.

Roaman's response

Hi, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Roaman's. I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you had. The credit card is owned and managed by Comenity Bank, which is a separate entity. However, I can check to see if the account is on file for you to use. I've sent you a private message requesting some additional info.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 2, 2019

I have been a customer of Roaman's Catalog and their affiliates since 20+ years. I have never had any issues before now. It appears the Management has changed or their policies and procedures have changed. Their Customer Service stinks and they no longer care for their Customers or their Customers' long standing Patronage.

I ordered over $200+ in clothing. When they were received, I was too ill to get the package and try on the items. When I felt better, I tried them on and some of them were too big and some too small. I returned the ill fitting items in their own plastic sleeves, and their original packaging. I placed the return label on the package and returned it to USPS for shipping. Today, I received the items back stating "they were too old to be accepted". None of the items were even worn, they were just tried on; as you would at any retail store.

I called their Customer Service and spoke with three associates: Cynthia, Jay and Amy, who was a supervisor. They did not want to even deal with me and keep stating, "the items were too old". It did not matter too I was a long time customer and they even indicated they could not assist me in any manner. They just wanted off the phone and to stop dealing with my issues. I have worked for two Retail Stores in my working career and their motto was, "The Customer Is Always Right". What happened to the American Way of assisting others, who are paying their salary?

Folks need to start standing up to these Companies and stop shopping with them. Roaman's affiliates are: Woman Within; Brylane Home; Ellos; Big Size; and Jessica London. DO NOT SHOP WITH THESE COMPANIES! I hope the Upper Supervisors or Management sees this review and all the other reviews for Roaman's. If CONSUMER Affairs can assist us with our issues we would truly appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

Roaman's response

Hi Shirley, my name is Corinne; I am with Roaman's Customer Service. I apologize for the frustration you experienced. Returns must be received within 60 days of the ship date. All items received after this timeframe are sent back to the customer.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I bought only two items for 69.98 plus 11.99 for S&H. They should have been $81.97. Instead, they took $103.97 and will not give me my money back. After 10 phone calls to them. They just keep telling me one lie right after another.

Roaman's response

Hi Jacqueline, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Roaman's. I'm very sorry for the frustration you have experienced. I'd like to look into this. I've sent you a message requesting some additional information

Original review: April 3, 2019

Before you buy from this company, be prepared to jump through hoops. I have never seen such a restrictive policy for a plain return or exchange. I got a swimsuit after waiting at least a week for it with no tracking updates (tracking doesn't work on their site, I had to get the notification from the shipping company). I just tried on and found that it seems large. I wanted to EXCHANGE it for a smaller size only to find out I CAN'T BECAUSE I PAID WITH PAYPAL. What the heck is that??? Really? It says exchanges can't be processed with PayPal. I got NO WARNING about this before I paid. If I want to exchange the item, I have to return the item, which will cost me return shipping. What a scam.

Why offer PayPal as a payment method if you're not going to honor your full return and exchange policy with it? Unless that is their goal, to discourage returns. Yes it does seem so. I am so irritated about this company that I will NEVER purchase from them again. This was a first time shopping experience with them and it has disgusted me. It's too bad because they have some nice stuff.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I ordered boots in December to wear to work. The boots fit, I wore them a few times in the 2.5 months I had them. I got out of my car about a week ago and the zipper was broken. I called the company and explained one of the boots was defective and how could I get the $100.00 plus boots replaced. Company said I can't your 60 days are up and there is nothing we can do. I had purchased the last black pair of boots I wore from the same company and they lasted for 3-5 years. I won't do business with companies that won't stand behind their products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Although a long time customer, who spends upwards to $1200 a year... I have asked that Roaman's remove me from their contacts as of 6+ weeks ago as I will no longer be a customer to Roaman's or their affiliates due to lack of transparency when ordering online, and their poor customer service support when it comes to online ordering, returns or email notifications. I only wished I read the online reviews earlier where my experience is consistent with other unsatisfied customers. Shame on Roaman's! In my specific case, I was SCAMMED out several hundreds of dollars when it came to exchanges, and returns of received incorrect product (i.e. I ordered a size 8 shoe and received 8.5)... When I tried to return via online, it would not allow me, a follow up to their Customer Service Dept and was told that the product I received came from a 3rd party vendor and they won't accept returns or exchanges.

I ordered from a Roaman's Catalog, and paid Roaman's. I didn't pay a 3rd party vendor. The issue between their vendor, and shouldn't be with the consumer... I was told upon ordering there is a statement to the effect that I could be ordering from another vendor. This was mind blowing to me as this should have come up as a warning asking if I wanted to proceed or that there is no returns, exchanges, no exception before they accepted my money. It's a SCAM... DON'T FALL for their FALSE Advertisement...very disappointing that an American Company will not stand behind their advertisement, product or name. Signed, extremely dissatisfied customer!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been a very long-time customer of Roaman's (along with their many affiliates, Woman Within, Full Beauty, etc). One of the reasons I've remained a customer is because they carry extra wide sizes in shoes and boots. I ordered a pair of boots and received them in late December. I returned those boots in February and then to my surprise I received them back in March saying they were old, worn or damaged, which is absolutely false. After spending over 30 minutes on the phone (their automation is awful!) I ending up speaking to FOUR different people, of which 2 were supervisors. All 4 of them told me they would not accept the boots back because I was 3 days past the 60 day return window. Their invoice states "Our Goal is your Complete Satisfaction"... Well, needless to say they just lost a long-time customer! Quite possibly the worse customer service I have ever received from any company.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I ordered a swimdress, and clearly did not research the reviews prior, which was clearly a HUGE mistake. I received a men’s plaid shirt. I called to get the correct item shipped, and I was told I had to exchange the current item first, which could take up to 3 weeks or pay again and they would credit me once the shirt was returned. After telling them to just refund me because I’m not waiting that long, they told me I had to return the $24 shirt first (my swimdress was $66. This was a huge inconvenience since this wasn’t my mistake and a waste of my time to ship something I never ordered.

After talking to a crappy supervisor they agreed to refund me the full amount with shipping, but they needed the shirt back within 30 days. So I agreed, but only have received the refund for the item. I told them I’m not sending the item back until I receive the full refund since that was the deal. They keep replying saying that the refund was processed for the shipping. It is still not on my card or PayPal account. This is a HORRIBLE company, and I’m not sure how they stay in business. The supervisor straight up told me my item was probably shipped to the person who ordered the shirt and of course the company has problems or she wouldn’t have a job.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Terrible customer service, nasty reps, will not credit account for returned merchandise even though I am struggling to make payments since I have been laid off and caring for elderly parents. Horrible company - will never use again even though their products are nice.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I was offered "free shipping and returns" when I ordered. They deducted a return fee of 7.50 when I returned some of the items. I called to have fees reversed and they said they have no evidence of "free shipping & returns" being offered. A very dishonest company and I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Ordered a 10 pack of high cotton briefs in October, they did not arrive with the shipment. Called, was told they were on back order until 11.28.18. Called today and was told the order was canceled. Item is still back ordered till 12.28.18 now. They can reinstate the order at their 'best price' which is more than the original price. They have the worst customer service. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased two dresses from them for an event. I kept one and tried to return the other. I was not aware of their 60 day return policy and sent it back 6 days late. They refused to take it back. I was a long-time customer of theirs but will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

They are very deceptive with their pricing. I was looking at a blouse. The original price was $29.00. It went on sale to $22.99 clearance. They had a 50% off sale and the “original” price for the blouse was then marked up to $42.99. I also purchased a sweater it was $37.99 one day then during the 50% off sale I noticed that the same sweater was jacked up to $74.99! That’s not a sale when you double the price. Please beware when they have a sale. It’s really not a sale.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I watch the prices very carefully. One day a pair of jeans or anything else will be $39.95 the next time you see them they will be on sale for $39.95 regular price listed at $59.95. This is not a sale when one day they are 439.95 and the next day on sale for $39.95 and regular price listed at $59.95. This is very dishonest with customers. A real sale would be taking something off the $39.95 and actually put it on sale. I have seen this happen over and over. They jack the price up and you get the shaft. This is a very poor way to do business.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I opened a credit card account with Roaman's online after being promised $20.00 off. They take only $10.00 off your first purchase with the promise of an additional $10.00 off your next order placed on their credit card. I placed the order and received the first $10.00 off automatically. I tried to place a second order but I hadn't received my new credit card yet. They were having troubles with their online server at the time, and didn't have access to my new account information. The clothes were only on sale for a few more hours so my son paid for them with his PayPal. It wasn't their fault. I paid my first billing from Roaman's in full for my original order.

I neglected to see a Rewards Coupon to be used when I placed my next order. I placed my second order using my Roaman's credit card without the Rewards Coupon Promo Code, my error. When I received the statement I realized they don't automatically take the second $10.00 off the bill like the first order. I called Roaman's and explained my situation. I waited 30 minutes and had to talk to a rep, a fit specialist and finally customer service. Customer Service told me they could not give me $10.00 off unless I ordered another order on my credit card because that's the way it is done.

I said that is fine, but I'm not interested in purchasing anything right now after already purchasing $200.00 worth of clothing. I only got this Credit Card for the discounts so if they can't honor a $10.00 Rewards well knowing the purchases were made then why would I keep their Credit Card? No savings here. This isn't about who's right or who did or didn't do whatever, it's about Customer Service. If you don't want to service your customers don't expect to keep them. I will be closing my account with this 2nd statement. This is how it's done when you’re dissatisfied. This customer will spending her $$$ elsewhere.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I purchased 10 pair of Comfort Choice cotton underpants. They are poorly made and falling apart. Customer service refuses to honor my request for a refund. So, that's the last time Roaman's will hear from me.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have been a customer for years buying from Roaman's Women's Clothing, and will no longer be a customer of theirs! Was told when I received a coupon code that I could use it on a specific item, even called twice to verify. Then when time to use it would not allow me to use it. The item was excluded from the sale, after waiting WEEKS to buy this item that was normally $179.99 they told me that some items are not in the sale. Well they need to train their customer service people on this, because even the morning of trying to buy the item the lady told me that it should be allowing it to discount the price, and even gave me another code that was expired and would not allow me to use that one. Will never shop with them again!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I placed an order and wanted to add to the order but while I was on the phone with customer service I remembered to asked about their return policy because I have bad feet. I was told that I could exchange but I had to go by the code on the catalog. I informed her that there was no code on the catalog so what code would I use. She told me that if I wanted my money back, which I didn't ask about I would have to pay $7 and some change but I would have to wait until I received the next catalog to get the exchange code. I told her, “You are talking nonsense. If there is no code on this catalog then why would there be one on the next catalog.” So could she just give me a code. She told me no.

She told me that she could not add to my first order which by this time was about 15 minutes old but she would not charge me shipping charge for my order, I ordered two items, she gave me the total, I came my computer and Yes she charged me shipping charge. I called back to cancel both orders because they had added shipping charge when the rep had said she would not, this lady told me to hold, she came back and asked me again why did she say she wasn't going to charge me shipping charge. I explained again, she told me there were no notes stating that and I told her to cancel the orders. She told me they were cancelled.

I asked for the number to verify that the orders were cancelled. She told me that she could not give me one because it take 24 hours for orders to process but I would receive something In my email in 5 minutes. I waited 5 minutes and called American Express. Guess what the orders had been sent to them for payment but no cancellation was anywhere in sight. Not a company to be dealt with. Not trustworthy. They do not stand by their word. If this money had come out of a checking account do you know how long that would have taken to get it settled.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I placed an order with Roaman's for some clothing. I noticed there was a sale the next day and called for a price adjustment to my card. Not only would they NOT do a price adjustment, I also noticed they raised the original prices $10.00 to $20.00 more. Example. The original price for a blouse was $59.99 on Monday. On Tuesday the sale day, the original price increased to $79.99. There is something very wrong with this picture. I find this appalling and this is price gouging!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Got their catalog, went online and ordered three items. Then put in their code for the 20% discount. The code worked on two items but I was charged more for the third item - it ended up higher than the stated catalog price plus there was no discount. When I called to bring that to their attention I was told there could be no price adjustments on an online order. I will have to return the product when I receive it and start all over with reordering the product. What a racket!!! My purchase will be returned and I will never order from them again. Talk about BAIT & SWITCH! Catalog #600-509135, Item #515-07829-800 $24.99 (before 20% Discount). I was charged 26.39 after 20% discount. They refused to adjust it!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Was told it would be $7.50 return fee total. I returned the low quality items. Then got a bill to $20.40. Customer service felt the need to argue with me that I needed to pay again for the shipping cost as well as the return fee. This company is so rude and nasty, I would rather let the $12.40 go into collections. I should charge them an aggravation fee. Sad thing is I'm disable so do all my shopping online. Never will buy from them again. They don't appreciate their customers. This woman Melinda desired she wanted to argue with me like I'm some child. At this rate it won't be long before Roaman's is out of business. People don't put yourself through it. There are too many good online companies out there. I HATE this experience, and this company. I am cutting my card into tiny pieces so they can stick them anywhere the sun doesn't shine.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes and they arrived in January. They sent the wrong pair of shoes. I spoke to a customer service representative and they assured me I could return the shoes. I would not be charge for the shipping. I returned the shoes and that only was I charge for the shipping I was only given a partial refund on the shoes. They had never been worn and there was no reason for a partial refund. I contacted the customer service line again and they assured me they would rectify the situation and give me a full refund. Then nothing. They never properly processed the rest of the refund and now they can’t find my order in their system. Just terrible. I returned the paperwork with the shoes so I no longer have the original order number. Thanks for nothing Stephanie **.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I ordered two dresses. I paid $9.99 for shipping one way. Neither dress fit properly. I shipped the dresses back in the same bag with the shipping slip that was included. It took over two weeks for them to process AND, they charged $16.00 for the shipping back. (I literally tried on both dresses immediately when I got them, folded them, put them back into the bags they came in, and shipped out the same day that I received.) A total of $25.99 for shipping both ways, and NEITHER dress fit. It also took forever for shipping to and back to them, and refund to be processed. Literally one month start to finish. Do not waste your money with this company. I contacted the company and they did nothing for me. With all the good stores online or locally, don't waste your money here. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The company charged me late fees as well as reported me to the credit bureau for an account I was unaware of. I called and was told, "Oh you have two separate account numbers with us and we closed one but not the other." I never received bills or even telephone calls regarding an unpaid balance. The invoice I did receive I paid on time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I've placed orders from Roaman's 3 or 4 times. Hundreds of dollars worth. I try to give online companies an opportunity to improve on business, customer service and product availability. However Roaman's has FAILED on all three on ALL my orders. When I call after a month or more of waiting I'm greeted with an I'm sorry. If you want something for a special occasion, DON'T ORDER FROM ROAMAN'S!!! Clothes look fashionable and that's the hook. But who wants to wait months for items are off season. Don't waste your time!!! Oh, I forgot to mention the last excuse for the back order was, "The natural disasters around the world. In which my family was personally affected." She left me speechless!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

About a year and a half ago I placed an order that was misdelivered. Instead of them replacing the order, they made me call FedEx and do ALL the legwork. They never replaced the order and it took me three months to get them to take the purchase off of my account. When I paid my account off this week, I asked to have my account closed and receive no further contact from them. They responded very hatefully and without checking pending payments, stating they would be turning over my $22 balance to 'national reporting credit agencies'. These people are beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Used to order a lot from Roaman's. Nice clothes (when they fit). Ordered twice in July, both times the website froze up during the searching process, crashed, took FOREVER (customer service phone line backed up too). Took 2 HOURS (during a promotion) to place the 2nd order (about an hour for the 1st order). WOW, guess I REALLY wanted these items!! Tried multiple ways to order (my PC, cell phone, bla... bla). Outcome was the same. Because it kept freezing up, it changed the quantities and shipping info. Even when it looked like the info/changes had not gone through. Finally, I got everything ready to order, ordered, expedited shipping, so I could have for my high school reunion trip, and... it got worse. Even though I saved in cart, it froze up and popped me back to an earlier screen. WORST part was it changed the shipping preference back to the earliest preference, NOT the expedited I requested.

I was so tired by that time, I just put my card in and placed the order. The order was then sent out as standard, and won't get clothes until I'm home from the trip. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE - Didn't care, made no offer to do anything... said others had been experiencing website issues, then later in the call Daisy said "Well, nobody else has notified us that there has been any issue with the website..." (another excuse)... I told her how long I had been ordering with Roaman's, and other challenges with the order, and Daisy reported that there was nothing she could do, and made no offer to show good faith service or any gestures.

I told her Amazon is way easier and they care a lot about customer service, and I would not be using Roaman's again. She made no gesture to even show concern... Once, Nordstrom tailored a dress for me and put the wrong dress in the garment bag in error (5 sizes smaller!!) I took to a celebration and didn't check the bag first. It was so small, I couldn't get it on! I called, and they apologized and OFFERED to pay off my Nordstrom bill!!! (and did)! Ahh Roaman's... ANOTHER COMPANY BITES the DUST. Hate to see you go Roaman's, but you will... I'm sure of it.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have ordered numerous times from this company over the past 8 years and delivery has always been slow but it has become ridiculous. I placed an order 23 days ago and although there is a tracking number for FedEx the package has gone missing in the shipping either. Because I live in Hawaii, the package was handed off to FedEx SmartPost which is a euphemism for USPS. Although I have a tracking number, no one can locate the package. Upon contacting Roaman's -- the shipper, I was told that I had to wait until the package was marked as "delivered" before I can initiate a claim for returns. When I asked how I was supposed to do that if the package apparently was lost, and that after 3 days of calls to FedEx and USPS, the only tracking information available was that 3 days after placing the order, preshipment information had been given to USPS.

I was told I needed to wait until 30 days had passed before being able to initiate any action -- "You may call back and we'll see if this needs to be treated as a lost package." I patiently told the operator that what he said didn't make sense and tried to explain the situation again, when he rudely cut me off and said "I can hear you fine, you need to call back the day after 30 days have passed. Should I give you the tracking number again? Have a nice rest of the day, bye."

Original review: May 12, 2017

Wasn't satisfied at all. The clothes I ordered didn't fit...the shirts run small. The bathing suits run small. The jackets run huge. Everything is just too inconsistent. And when you go to return, you get cheated. My return was a shirt that was only $11. Why was my return $3? After an all day affair with customer service, I find out it's because they subtract the shipping out of your turn. Which is $7.50. Why you ask? So do I. Because it's ridiculous considering you send it back with a free label they send with your order. And they're not shipping anything in return so... Why do they need more shipping? To just put my money back in the bank? Lol. Crappy policy. Crappy customer service. Crappy products. I will go to Walmart next time. At least there I know I can get my money back.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering one crappy piece clothing from this company. I was very displeased with the quality but kept it so I did not have to deal with returning. I paid the $38 owed, which I resented due to poor quality. Next they charge me a $25 late fee because it was few days late and the another late fee on a late fee. I canceled my card but they said they would continue to charge late fees. This is poor customer relations. Do not buy from them. They have bad quality and will never work with you. They make their money on charging people unfair fees. This is for Roaman's account.

Roaman's Company Information