1.09/5
Based on 53 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

58 Roaman's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have been a customer for years buying from Roaman's Women's Clothing, and will no longer be a customer of theirs! Was told when I received a coupon code that I could use it on a specific item, even called twice to verify. Then when time to use it would not allow me to use it. The item was excluded from the sale, after waiting WEEKS to buy this item that was normally $179.99 they told me that some items are not in the sale. Well they need to train their customer service people on this, because even the morning of trying to buy the item the lady told me that it should be allowing it to discount the price, and even gave me another code that was expired and would not allow me to use that one. Will never shop with them again!

Original review: May 17, 2018

I placed an order and wanted to add to the order but while I was on the phone with customer service I remembered to asked about their return policy because I have bad feet. I was told that I could exchange but I had to go by the code on the catalog. I informed her that there was no code on the catalog so what code would I use. She told me that if I wanted my money back, which I didn't ask about I would have to pay $7 and some change but I would have to wait until I received the next catalog to get the exchange code. I told her, “You are talking nonsense. If there is no code on this catalog then why would there be one on the next catalog.” So could she just give me a code. She told me no.

She told me that she could not add to my first order which by this time was about 15 minutes old but she would not charge me shipping charge for my order, I ordered two items, she gave me the total, I came my computer and Yes she charged me shipping charge. I called back to cancel both orders because they had added shipping charge when the rep had said she would not, this lady told me to hold, she came back and asked me again why did she say she wasn't going to charge me shipping charge. I explained again, she told me there were no notes stating that and I told her to cancel the orders. She told me they were cancelled.

I asked for the number to verify that the orders were cancelled. She told me that she could not give me one because it take 24 hours for orders to process but I would receive something In my email in 5 minutes. I waited 5 minutes and called American Express. Guess what the orders had been sent to them for payment but no cancellation was anywhere in sight. Not a company to be dealt with. Not trustworthy. They do not stand by their word. If this money had come out of a checking account do you know how long that would have taken to get it settled.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I placed an order with Roaman's for some clothing. I noticed there was a sale the next day and called for a price adjustment to my card. Not only would they NOT do a price adjustment, I also noticed they raised the original prices $10.00 to $20.00 more. Example. The original price for a blouse was $59.99 on Monday. On Tuesday the sale day, the original price increased to $79.99. There is something very wrong with this picture. I find this appalling and this is price gouging!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Got their catalog, went online and ordered three items. Then put in their code for the 20% discount. The code worked on two items but I was charged more for the third item - it ended up higher than the stated catalog price plus there was no discount. When I called to bring that to their attention I was told there could be no price adjustments on an online order. I will have to return the product when I receive it and start all over with reordering the product. What a racket!!! My purchase will be returned and I will never order from them again. Talk about BAIT & SWITCH! Catalog #600-509135, Item #515-07829-800 $24.99 (before 20% Discount). I was charged 26.39 after 20% discount. They refused to adjust it!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Was told it would be $7.50 return fee total. I returned the low quality items. Then got a bill to $20.40. Customer service felt the need to argue with me that I needed to pay again for the shipping cost as well as the return fee. This company is so rude and nasty, I would rather let the $12.40 go into collections. I should charge them an aggravation fee. Sad thing is I'm disable so do all my shopping online. Never will buy from them again. They don't appreciate their customers. This woman Melinda desired she wanted to argue with me like I'm some child. At this rate it won't be long before Roaman's is out of business. People don't put yourself through it. There are too many good online companies out there. I HATE this experience, and this company. I am cutting my card into tiny pieces so they can stick them anywhere the sun doesn't shine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: March 24, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes and they arrived in January. They sent the wrong pair of shoes. I spoke to a customer service representative and they assured me I could return the shoes. I would not be charge for the shipping. I returned the shoes and that only was I charge for the shipping I was only given a partial refund on the shoes. They had never been worn and there was no reason for a partial refund. I contacted the customer service line again and they assured me they would rectify the situation and give me a full refund. Then nothing. They never properly processed the rest of the refund and now they can’t find my order in their system. Just terrible. I returned the paperwork with the shoes so I no longer have the original order number. Thanks for nothing Stephanie **.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I ordered two dresses. I paid $9.99 for shipping one way. Neither dress fit properly. I shipped the dresses back in the same bag with the shipping slip that was included. It took over two weeks for them to process AND, they charged $16.00 for the shipping back. (I literally tried on both dresses immediately when I got them, folded them, put them back into the bags they came in, and shipped out the same day that I received.) A total of $25.99 for shipping both ways, and NEITHER dress fit. It also took forever for shipping to and back to them, and refund to be processed. Literally one month start to finish. Do not waste your money with this company. I contacted the company and they did nothing for me. With all the good stores online or locally, don't waste your money here. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The company charged me late fees as well as reported me to the credit bureau for an account I was unaware of. I called and was told, "Oh you have two separate account numbers with us and we closed one but not the other." I never received bills or even telephone calls regarding an unpaid balance. The invoice I did receive I paid on time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I've placed orders from Roaman's 3 or 4 times. Hundreds of dollars worth. I try to give online companies an opportunity to improve on business, customer service and product availability. However Roaman's has FAILED on all three on ALL my orders. When I call after a month or more of waiting I'm greeted with an I'm sorry. If you want something for a special occasion, DON'T ORDER FROM ROAMAN'S!!! Clothes look fashionable and that's the hook. But who wants to wait months for items are off season. Don't waste your time!!! Oh, I forgot to mention the last excuse for the back order was, "The natural disasters around the world. In which my family was personally affected." She left me speechless!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

About a year and a half ago I placed an order that was misdelivered. Instead of them replacing the order, they made me call FedEx and do ALL the legwork. They never replaced the order and it took me three months to get them to take the purchase off of my account. When I paid my account off this week, I asked to have my account closed and receive no further contact from them. They responded very hatefully and without checking pending payments, stating they would be turning over my $22 balance to 'national reporting credit agencies'. These people are beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Used to order a lot from Roaman's. Nice clothes (when they fit). Ordered twice in July, both times the website froze up during the searching process, crashed, took FOREVER (customer service phone line backed up too). Took 2 HOURS (during a promotion) to place the 2nd order (about an hour for the 1st order). WOW, guess I REALLY wanted these items!! Tried multiple ways to order (my PC, cell phone, bla... bla). Outcome was the same. Because it kept freezing up, it changed the quantities and shipping info. Even when it looked like the info/changes had not gone through. Finally, I got everything ready to order, ordered, expedited shipping, so I could have for my high school reunion trip, and... it got worse. Even though I saved in cart, it froze up and popped me back to an earlier screen. WORST part was it changed the shipping preference back to the earliest preference, NOT the expedited I requested.

I was so tired by that time, I just put my card in and placed the order. The order was then sent out as standard, and won't get clothes until I'm home from the trip. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE - Didn't care, made no offer to do anything... said others had been experiencing website issues, then later in the call Daisy said "Well, nobody else has notified us that there has been any issue with the website..." (another excuse)... I told her how long I had been ordering with Roaman's, and other challenges with the order, and Daisy reported that there was nothing she could do, and made no offer to show good faith service or any gestures.

I told her Amazon is way easier and they care a lot about customer service, and I would not be using Roaman's again. She made no gesture to even show concern... Once, Nordstrom tailored a dress for me and put the wrong dress in the garment bag in error (5 sizes smaller!!) I took to a celebration and didn't check the bag first. It was so small, I couldn't get it on! I called, and they apologized and OFFERED to pay off my Nordstrom bill!!! (and did)! Ahh Roaman's... ANOTHER COMPANY BITES the DUST. Hate to see you go Roaman's, but you will... I'm sure of it.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have ordered numerous times from this company over the past 8 years and delivery has always been slow but it has become ridiculous. I placed an order 23 days ago and although there is a tracking number for FedEx the package has gone missing in the shipping either. Because I live in Hawaii, the package was handed off to FedEx SmartPost which is a euphemism for USPS. Although I have a tracking number, no one can locate the package. Upon contacting Roaman's -- the shipper, I was told that I had to wait until the package was marked as "delivered" before I can initiate a claim for returns. When I asked how I was supposed to do that if the package apparently was lost, and that after 3 days of calls to FedEx and USPS, the only tracking information available was that 3 days after placing the order, preshipment information had been given to USPS.

I was told I needed to wait until 30 days had passed before being able to initiate any action -- "You may call back and we'll see if this needs to be treated as a lost package." I patiently told the operator that what he said didn't make sense and tried to explain the situation again, when he rudely cut me off and said "I can hear you fine, you need to call back the day after 30 days have passed. Should I give you the tracking number again? Have a nice rest of the day, bye."

Original review: May 12, 2017

Wasn't satisfied at all. The clothes I ordered didn't fit...the shirts run small. The bathing suits run small. The jackets run huge. Everything is just too inconsistent. And when you go to return, you get cheated. My return was a shirt that was only $11. Why was my return $3? After an all day affair with customer service, I find out it's because they subtract the shipping out of your turn. Which is $7.50. Why you ask? So do I. Because it's ridiculous considering you send it back with a free label they send with your order. And they're not shipping anything in return so... Why do they need more shipping? To just put my money back in the bank? Lol. Crappy policy. Crappy customer service. Crappy products. I will go to Walmart next time. At least there I know I can get my money back.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering one crappy piece clothing from this company. I was very displeased with the quality but kept it so I did not have to deal with returning. I paid the $38 owed, which I resented due to poor quality. Next they charge me a $25 late fee because it was few days late and the another late fee on a late fee. I canceled my card but they said they would continue to charge late fees. This is poor customer relations. Do not buy from them. They have bad quality and will never work with you. They make their money on charging people unfair fees. This is for Roaman's account.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

This company is deceptive in the way they do returns and exchanges. They offer a 30-day FREE exchange, however when I used the enclosed form and returned it with a formal dress requesting an exchange for a smaller size, they sent me an email saying that my RETURN had been received and they showed they have charged me $7.50 for shipping on my returned item. I wrote an email to their customer service email and never heard a word. So I went out and reordered the dress in the size I had requested in my exchange. The dress arrived and fit. My credit card had been credited for the differences and recharged.

A week goes by and I notice another charge on my account pending and receive another email from Roaman's stating that my order has shipped. I again reached out by email as there is not a telephone number to call and the number listed on the charge on my credit card goes directly to a Direct Marketing company. Long story short, the dress showed up yesterday, I am refusing the delivery and have reported Roaman's to my credit card company as a disputed charge. Loved the dress, but will never do business again with this company based the lack of customer service and inability to speak with customer service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

This company has so many hoaxes I don't have the energy to list them all. Despite their trickery, deceptive sales, shipping fee lies and subpar quality apparel, they are blatantly racist! Yes. In the last voluminous amount of catalogs I received I was unable NOT to notice the race ratio was 119 to 98 in the catalog photos. Including the front and back covers. Really Roaman's? I expect a company I would consider supporting with a purchase would not blatantly insult the buyer with such open bias. Good luck. You are history in this family.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I ordered several items several from Roaman's, and by several I mean more than 10. When the items arrived, just as I expected, most of them didn't fit correctly. I thought I would take advantage of the FREE RETURNS that their website says they offer. I immediately filled out the form for my return and had the package dropped off at the post office that same day. After waiting 3 weeks, I called Roaman's customer service to see what the status was and I was told that the package had not been received. After further investigation, I found out that the return label they provide utilizes FedEx not USPS. So after I dropped my package at USPS, they sent it to FedEx who then got the package to Roaman's.

Nearly a month after shipping my return package, I finally got an email saying my return items had been received. Fast forward another 10 days and I still haven't received any notification about the status of my return so I call again to find out that all of the items that I had returned were no longer available except for 1 pair of slippers. The return process had taken SOOO long, that all of the items were sold out!! I have a Roaman's credit card that charges an extremely high interest rate, so I am paying interest for the $200+ dollars worth of clothes I ordered, but don't have. I will never shop at Roaman's again!! The sizes are SOOOO off. A 1x in one shirt fits perfect, while a 2x in another shirt is too small. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

It's not really a "50% off sale" when Roaman's inflates their prices by 250%! Items I looked at buying yesterday were listed at fair prices, however, Roaman's announced it's "50% Off Sale" starting today and I noticed the prices of every item I put in my cart were 250% what they were advertised at yesterday! For example: A scarf was marked $9.99 yesterday and today because of their 50% off sale, it's listed at $24.99. Even with 50% off, today's "sale" price is $12.50, which is $2.50 MORE than the original price of $9.99 just yesterday. Who are they kidding? They're not having a 50% OFF Sale, they're having a 25% INCREASE Sale! CONSUMERS BEWARE of this sale tactic.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I returned a shirt that was not what I ordered. Waited for my refund for almost 3 months before contacting my BofA credit card company. BofA investigated and refunded my money. Today I get an harassment letter from Roaman's stating the bank never paid them and I need to make a payment immediately. Will never order from Roaman's or any of their companies (Full Beauty, Woman Within, Jessica London, Swimsuits for All, Kingsize or BrylaneHome) again.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I bought some new clothes online from Roaman's catalogue for women. I just got the order yesterday. I did not open it until today. It was sealed in plastic and paper. Brand new. Well, I open the pants I got and noticed a smudge on the crotch. So I look inside and it is so disgusting and totally gross. It looked like someone wore them without underwear on and got whatever on the inside. So now here's the thing, I call them up and talked to customer service. I tell them there is this whatever (looks like you know what) in the pants. No blood... So she checks and says "well, I am so sorry but we are sold out of that item in all sizes..." I got angry and hung up... I called back and talked to someone else. He said they were totally out of the item as well. So he suggested they would give me a $7 refund on my card. Ok, so now I have to wash the item. I got it for a conference I am attending next Wednesday. I will never shop with Roamans.com again... So disgusting...

Original review: April 13, 2016

I ordered from Roaman's last spring for 2 shirts. I received an email showing it was delivered. I went outside and there was no shirts. I called them and they delivered it to the wrong state so they sent me a refund. I decided to give them another shot so I ordered a jacket on March 22nd. I received an email stating they will have it delivered to me on May 23rd. What??? 2 months??? I canceled the order this past Saturday (April 9th) and ordered from Amazon. Today (April 13th), I am wearing that jacket. I will never buy from Roaman's again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

Twice I have contacted them to resolve an issue. Back in July 2015, they wouldn't let me cancel an order I placed on the same day. It hadn't even gone through my PayPal/bank yet. Very rude lady, who acted incredulous that I'd even ask for such a thing. After a really long, frustrating time and getting nowhere with these people. I gave up.

Today, I requested a record of my payments made to them, that I couldn't find it on the account. I was told to look at them on the account that the money was taken from (my bank). I explained I've done that and that was why I contacted them; the orders and the amount taken out are not meshing. That is why I needed to review my payments to them. Getting nowhere after a lengthy drawn out time, I once again gave up. This should not be this hard. I agree with others: I will no longer order from them and I will no longer recommend them. I will unsubscribe and block them, as well. People who I have recommended Roaman's are finding the same issues. I have apologized for ever referring them to them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I returned 3 tops that did not look anything like the description, and it took over a month to get a correct refund from Roaman's. Funny that when they sell me something it takes a nanosecond to charge my credit card, but it takes over a month from receipt to give me the credit to my credit card for a refund they owe me!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I placed an order on Dec 2, 2015, it shipped on Dec 6, 2015 and they charged my debit card on Dec 6, 2015. The tracking says it got to a HUB about an hour from my house on the 9th. It is now the 15th and it hasn't moved. I emailed customer service and their response was there is a backup at the HUB and if I don't get my package by the 26th to let them know! This is a Christmas gift! So I called through and talked to a "supervisor" who told me there was nothing they could do. I asked for my money back or reship same order by UPS not FedEx! He said they could not do that because they wouldn't have their package back, BUT IT'S OK FOR THEM TO HAVE MY MONEY AND I HAVE NO PRODUCT! He gave a number to Executive Communications to file a complaint. I will try that number but it is probably owned by them. I will NEVER order from them again! BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Today, Nov 29 and tomorrow Nov 30, Roaman's is having a Cyber Monday 50% off sale. Sound good on the face of it, doesn't it? What Roaman's does it raise "regular" prices so that the 50% off price isn't such a bargain after all. I was waiting for this sale to purchase 5 shirts in different colors just like the one I bought recently during a 40% off sale. The shirt I bought at 40% off was a better final price that the same shirt at 50% off! The only way that can happen is that the regular price was raised. It isn't the actual dollar amount that makes me so angry. It is the intentional lying and deception. Please carefully check the prices before taking out your credit card. What you think is great bargain might not be at all. Roaman's lost a sale from me because of their dirty tricks.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Ordered a couple of items from the catalog that was listed as a 2 pack. I received the items but there was only one item in each pack. Called customer service and after talking to two different people, they told me that it was an error in the catalog and that there was nothing they could do about it. The quality of the items was barely worth the price of the 2 pack, but for only one, No way! I know mistakes can be made, but to make an item cost twice the amount, I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

Roaman's catalog clearly states that Roaman's Platinum credit card holders receive certain benefits. Among those are "Free standard shipping on orders of $75.00 or more after merchandise discount four times a year when you use your Roaman's Platinum card." I wanted to take advantage of the offer for free shipping and placed an order over the phone in the amount of $132.64 using my Platinum card. My total came to $148.63. When I questioned the difference, I was told that I was being charged for shipping. It was explained to me by a Roaman's supervisor that the "free shipping" offer was at the discretion of the business and offered only at certain times of the year.

In other words, in order to take advantage of free shipping, I would have to place an order during one of these periods. I cancelled my order. I shop when I need something, not at the convenience of the merchant. In my opinion ethics were violated in not revealing the true nature of their offer for "free shipping". I will not be using this company again and plan to burn my credit card.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

I ordered 2 pair of leggings in the same style - one in white and one in indigo. They were buy one, get one free. The system arbitrarily decided that the indigo pair were the free ones. Though they were the same style they came in 2 different fabrics, and the white ones fit fine, but the indigo were cut short in the crotch. I sent the indigo back and was told by 3 customer service people that I would get no credit, as I returned the one marked free. I explained many times that I had paid $23.79 for 2 pairs, therefore they should credit me half of that since one didn't fit. They said they had no flexibility with this *** policy - I could either take another pair that also wouldn't fit for free, or I could accept zero credit. I spend about $3,500/year with them and they said they were willing to lose me as a customer rather than give me $11.90 credit!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

I ordered and eventually received three garments: one tunic in different colors, and one shirt. The price listed in the catalogue was $29.99 for each tunic and $9.99 for the shirt. I paid for these. I just got a bill stating I had new purchases of $79.97, with a credit of $29.99, leaving a balance of $57.48. Unfortunately, I paid for these items with a Roaman's credit card. Big mistake. I discovered that the ONLY way to protest charges is to WRITE to Roaman's. Customer service is not a person, but a recording, which does provide and discussion of bill. Also, when trying to establish an online account, Roaman's repeatedly rejected my (correct) information (entered three times). Beware of this company. They are dishonest and do everything they can to obstruct complaints.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Ordered 2 items that arrived in a padded envelope. Total cost including shipping and handling to Ontario Canada was $79. Items were too big. I had to return them to Roaman's. Told by Roaman's to print off a return label [which I did from my computer] to return them. Items shipped back to an Ontario address. I received a credit of only $26 cdn. So that means they charged me $52.37 for shipping and handling when the cost of product was a total of $42! Customer service said that the return label costs 20.00 to print off. And the rest is the cost of shipping an envelope to me and then for me to return it to them. Unbelievable! They expect me to believe that?! I might as well of just got $52 and torn it up as I have no product and out of pocket by $52!!! NEVER AGAIN. Be warned other Canadians. Know that they charge huge amounts for return shipping.

Roaman's Company Information