3.8/5 (381 ratings)

About Roaman's

Roaman's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

They would not honor my coupon because at the very end of the terms and conditions it stated that only applicable to in stock merchandise. The item I ordered did not state that it was on back order. So not only was my coupon not applied, but I can't have my item until way later than what I needed it for. They rope you in and then changed the rules, or so it seemed. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Do not buy anything from Roaman's, they charge you for everything! My mother had ordered something that they pulled wrong; they wanted to charge me $10.99 for the return label and $17.27 for the shipping getting it to her! Finally they sent her the label free of charge, but was still going to charge her the $17.27 for shipping and taxes ($15.99 for shipping to items that did not weigh a pound and went in a little gray envelope)! I also feel they prey on the senior citizens. I am in the shipping business and there is no way the shipping cost them that much! I understand overhead and employees, but this is ridiculous! Never again, buyers beware!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

On 10/25 /22 I ordered a sweater. I ordered 2x. It fit like a 5x. I paid 33.59. In their email they said I paid 21.29. They want $11 to restock plus tax. I would get $11 back. I am going to call them and fight for a full refund. Nowhere on their site does it say anything about restocking fees. I will not buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Never order from Roaman's. I used to do business with them and their sister companies years ago, but they are the worst today if you need to return an item. I returned items using their return UPS tag so that everything should have gone smoothly. It took 2 weeks for them to process that and email me that they processed it. From then on it was another 2 week battle to get my money refunded. On top of that I had to pay the shipping which was around $20 and a return fee which is $10 so I got entirely shafted and they made money on me. Roaman's got my $30 and literally held onto my $160+ from my order for one month. That's a cashflow racket if I have ever seen one.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I bought a pair of black sequence leggings from the Roaman's online consumer website. The leggings were poorly made with extremely cheap fabric and sequence & did not fit true to size. I couldn't pull them over my knees! I paid $79 for the leggings and received a refund for only $52! I had to pay for the return out of my own pocket & also was charged an additional $11 for returning the item to Roaman's. Do Not order or buy from this vendor unless you've got time and money to waste!!!! I don't do business with companies that neither respect their customers, nor stand behind their products! Don't order or buy from Roaman's because it's not a reputable site and the clothing is poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I wear a plus size and needed a dress for a wedding in September of this year. You cannot purchase anything in our area. There are no plus size clothing stores that carry dresses anymore anywhere near me. I searched everything online. I needed something that coved my legs and 3 quarter length sleeve because my arms are bad. I purchased a dress on Roaman's and was shocked when it came. It was hideous. 3 sizes bigger than me and tied in knots and put in a plastic bag. It looked nothing like the picture and came nowhere close to fitting me.

They sent me a return label and I promptly sent the dress back. I waited and never received my refund. I always use PayPal just for this reason. I fought and fought. I was told I was denied my money back because by PayPal at one point. I received a letter from the store saying they had sent my refund. That was funny because I received nothing. It took a month of fighting and I was told the money was in my PayPal account. I said it was not. So I got another person at Roaman's and she checked again. She returned $45 of my $67. I went through hell and lost $25. I also still didn't find a dress.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I really don't like online shopping but since most plus size clothing stores have closed there is not much choice!!! I purchased some items even though I have had some issues with Roaman's in the past. I thought I would try it one more time (last time). The items were for a couple summer events I thought I had plenty of time to receive them. After not arriving for 1 event I called to be "helped" by a very rude woman that informed me I had to wait a full 20 days to give the shipper time to get the merchandise to me. So I waited and called back on the 20th day after still not receiving the merchandise I was charged for. He offer to ship the items 2 day shipping and waive the fee. He credited the original amount and charged the new amount.

A few days later I received the package and another packed of an item shipped separately. Things seemed ok although the fit of the clothing is questionable but online returns and exchanges are a nightmare so I will just live with it. Well unfortunately that wasn't the end of this order mess. I was doing account stuff and noticed a charge from Roaman's, the same as the original order. After speaking with "customer service" (I use that term lightly) twice I was told I I received the original shipment from the shipper??? Which did not happen. Basically they were calling me a liar and stealing from my account. I was told I had to sign an affidavit that would be sent to me in the mail in order to receive my refund. This entire experience has been a nightmare!!!! I will NEVER shop with Roaman's and its affiliates again. Bad customer service, scammers and subpar merchandise really not worth the time and money!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I've always enjoyed ordering clothes from Roaman's over the years. I've occasionally bought clothes from there for my wardrobe. I felt like I could trust them as a co. In the past I'd be sent the wrong thing or it's taken a long time but I got it. This time it seemed like it was taking a long time but I've been set up in the past to expect them to take a little longer to get to me and they'd always come. I felt like I'd never had any real problems. It never occurred to me that I should check within a month. I was ordering replacement clothes for funeral use as mine were no longer fit to wear. I wanted a few different options so I ordered some mix and match black outfit pieces. For me this was a large order $165.35. Because these clothes were for funerals they weren't part of my daily wardrobe so I didn't put the priority on to monitoring their being shipped as much as I would have if I was waiting to wear these clothes to work everyday or to a special occasion. .

I just in the back of my mind told myself. "Well I have some funeral clothes coming and you know no big deal they'll come whenever they come." Now I know that doesn't seem like a lot of money to a lot of people out there but for me it is a lot of money I can't afford to make orders like that very often. I did finally write concerned when I had realized how long it was taking the main response that I've got back was - "We have a policy that we can't give any refunds or exchanges for anything within 60 days of their shipping it." Well I can relate to that policy. I understand the reason that policies like that are in place and you know they don't want to have to have returned merchandise long after the order date. The problem for me is that I never received anything and it's obvious with the tracking information.

At first when I started checking on Roaman's website the dates for estimated delivery were being pushed further out and I didn't know why. I just assumed it took awhile for them to ship . After I started looking more in depth on my own with the tracking number I realized it looks like it got held up in Houston. I never received these products that I spent $165.35 for. I feel like if they can't honor the order and they can't provide shipping that gets the product to me even if their delivery service is to blame I shouldn't be having to pay for that mistake. I placed the order in good faith I paid them the money they received their payment but yet I am not going to get the clothes because it's 60 days after the shipping date. I'm 16 days out of their policy (as of the last correspondence ) and they couldn't make an exception with me being 16 days out of their policy and it being their carrier's fault. I'm so disappointed in this company.

I can honestly say because of Roaman's unwillingness to work with me on this I will not ever be purchasing clothes from Roaman's again and I probably won't be purchasing from any of their affiliate companies either. Now I'm out the money and still need funeral clothes. I can't really afford to lose that much money. I don't know a lot of people who could. That's on me. I should have been on it but I trusted them and I didn't read their policies.

I guess I would just like this to be a warning to anyone else that purchases from Roaman's be more careful than I was - so you don't get screwed out of your hard earned money. I have lost faith in Roaman's for myself due to their unwillingness to resolve this issue when It's obvious that I never received the clothes. I'm sure them losing me as a customer for their store and their affiliate stores probably won't matter to them at all - it's just the way the world is now. I was 16 days outside of their policy and apparently that's all that matters!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I ordered a $25 dollar pair of jeans, the shipping was $9.99 on top of the $25. Received them and they are shoddy and not as described. I went to return and they want $10.99 to ship back. Seriously, $21 total for a $25 pair of jeans! That is unfair and highway robbery. Stay away from this company, they truly are a ripoff!

Original review: July 17, 2022

Don't honor the FB Shipping charge. Put my charges on Ulta credit card and refuse to change it. Won't reissue a credit they issued incorrectly so my bank rejected it. Charges for items are like a shell game, changing all the time.

Roaman's Company Information