3.7/5 (240 ratings)

About Roaman's

Roaman's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I wear a plus size and needed a dress for a wedding in September of this year. You cannot purchase anything in our area. There are no plus size clothing stores that carry dresses anymore anywhere near me. I searched everything online. I needed something that coved my legs and 3 quarter length sleeve because my arms are bad. I purchased a dress on Roaman's and was shocked when it came. It was hideous. 3 sizes bigger than me and tied in knots and put in a plastic bag. It looked nothing like the picture and came nowhere close to fitting me.

They sent me a return label and I promptly sent the dress back. I waited and never received my refund. I always use PayPal just for this reason. I fought and fought. I was told I was denied my money back because by PayPal at one point. I received a letter from the store saying they had sent my refund. That was funny because I received nothing. It took a month of fighting and I was told the money was in my PayPal account. I said it was not. So I got another person at Roaman's and she checked again. She returned $45 of my $67. I went through hell and lost $25. I also still didn't find a dress.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I really don't like online shopping but since most plus size clothing stores have closed there is not much choice!!! I purchased some items even though I have had some issues with Roaman's in the past. I thought I would try it one more time (last time). The items were for a couple summer events I thought I had plenty of time to receive them. After not arriving for 1 event I called to be "helped" by a very rude woman that informed me I had to wait a full 20 days to give the shipper time to get the merchandise to me. So I waited and called back on the 20th day after still not receiving the merchandise I was charged for. He offer to ship the items 2 day shipping and waive the fee. He credited the original amount and charged the new amount.

A few days later I received the package and another packed of an item shipped separately. Things seemed ok although the fit of the clothing is questionable but online returns and exchanges are a nightmare so I will just live with it. Well unfortunately that wasn't the end of this order mess. I was doing account stuff and noticed a charge from Roaman's, the same as the original order. After speaking with "customer service" (I use that term lightly) twice I was told I I received the original shipment from the shipper??? Which did not happen. Basically they were calling me a liar and stealing from my account. I was told I had to sign an affidavit that would be sent to me in the mail in order to receive my refund. This entire experience has been a nightmare!!!! I will NEVER shop with Roaman's and its affiliates again. Bad customer service, scammers and subpar merchandise really not worth the time and money!!!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I've always enjoyed ordering clothes from Roaman's over the years. I've occasionally bought clothes from there for my wardrobe. I felt like I could trust them as a co. In the past I'd be sent the wrong thing or it's taken a long time but I got it. This time it seemed like it was taking a long time but I've been set up in the past to expect them to take a little longer to get to me and they'd always come. I felt like I'd never had any real problems. It never occurred to me that I should check within a month. I was ordering replacement clothes for funeral use as mine were no longer fit to wear. I wanted a few different options so I ordered some mix and match black outfit pieces. For me this was a large order $165.35. Because these clothes were for funerals they weren't part of my daily wardrobe so I didn't put the priority on to monitoring their being shipped as much as I would have if I was waiting to wear these clothes to work everyday or to a special occasion. .

I just in the back of my mind told myself. "Well I have some funeral clothes coming and you know no big deal they'll come whenever they come." Now I know that doesn't seem like a lot of money to a lot of people out there but for me it is a lot of money I can't afford to make orders like that very often. I did finally write concerned when I had realized how long it was taking the main response that I've got back was - "We have a policy that we can't give any refunds or exchanges for anything within 60 days of their shipping it." Well I can relate to that policy. I understand the reason that policies like that are in place and you know they don't want to have to have returned merchandise long after the order date. The problem for me is that I never received anything and it's obvious with the tracking information.

At first when I started checking on Roaman's website the dates for estimated delivery were being pushed further out and I didn't know why. I just assumed it took awhile for them to ship . After I started looking more in depth on my own with the tracking number I realized it looks like it got held up in Houston. I never received these products that I spent $165.35 for. I feel like if they can't honor the order and they can't provide shipping that gets the product to me even if their delivery service is to blame I shouldn't be having to pay for that mistake. I placed the order in good faith I paid them the money they received their payment but yet I am not going to get the clothes because it's 60 days after the shipping date. I'm 16 days out of their policy (as of the last correspondence ) and they couldn't make an exception with me being 16 days out of their policy and it being their carrier's fault. I'm so disappointed in this company.

I can honestly say because of Roaman's unwillingness to work with me on this I will not ever be purchasing clothes from Roaman's again and I probably won't be purchasing from any of their affiliate companies either. Now I'm out the money and still need funeral clothes. I can't really afford to lose that much money. I don't know a lot of people who could. That's on me. I should have been on it but I trusted them and I didn't read their policies.

I guess I would just like this to be a warning to anyone else that purchases from Roaman's be more careful than I was - so you don't get screwed out of your hard earned money. I have lost faith in Roaman's for myself due to their unwillingness to resolve this issue when It's obvious that I never received the clothes. I'm sure them losing me as a customer for their store and their affiliate stores probably won't matter to them at all - it's just the way the world is now. I was 16 days outside of their policy and apparently that's all that matters!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I ordered a $25 dollar pair of jeans, the shipping was $9.99 on top of the $25. Received them and they are shoddy and not as described. I went to return and they want $10.99 to ship back. Seriously, $21 total for a $25 pair of jeans! That is unfair and highway robbery. Stay away from this company, they truly are a ripoff!

Original review: July 17, 2022

Don't honor the FB Shipping charge. Put my charges on Ulta credit card and refuse to change it. Won't reissue a credit they issued incorrectly so my bank rejected it. Charges for items are like a shell game, changing all the time.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Their products are of terrible quality. When you return it, they charge you $11, even though you paid shipping to get it. Then they deny receiving your return. So no refund. A complete rip-off. Stay away.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I purchased a dress from Roamans website and paid a ridiculous $30 (had no choice as it’s a gift and I’m traveling soon) expedited fee so I can receive the dress in two days. Every time I check the order status it says “not shipped”. Customer service is condescending and straight out lie to their customers. I paid extra for shipping and want my item. Do not order from their site, they are very dishonest. Roaman’s, You either send my item asap, expedited or I will contact my credit card company and get a refund. Order Number: **.

Roaman's response

Hi Hana, we apologize for any inconvenience. A private message has been sent to you.

Original review: June 26, 2022

UPDATED 8/8/2022: In a previous review for Roaman’s for charging me for items that were returned according to their return policy, I sent a cashier’s check for the $43.07 Roaman’s has charged me for what I do not know. The total credit should have been $121.98. But I disputed the charge and so I have received numerous calls for me to give my credit card or checking account to pay this over the phone. My last call was Saturday 8-6-22 asking for payment. I kept telling the person who never identified himself that I sent a cashier’s check for $43.07 on 7-21-2022.

I also told him that I sent it registered mail and someone had to sign for it from their company. He said he never received payment. Again I repeated the check was mailed to Comenity/Roaman’s at the address they sent on the bill. I also added I do not owe this amount but I sent the check to get them out of my life. I closed the account while it was still being disputed. I never heard anything from the dispute. All I received was a bill for $43.07. They have been paid cause someone has the cashier’s check. I asked him to please update my credit. This person from Comenity/Roaman’s hung up on me.

This company is a joke. Buyer Beware!!! Scammers. And please don’t respond to me from Roaman’s privately. If you have nothing to hide, respond publicly. Last time I made a complaint over this matter, nothing was resolved or never attempted to hear my story to acknowledge the wrong that has been done by your company. I have read hundreds of complaints similar to what you did to me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I returned items that were ordered May 13,2022 by June 5,2022. Quality was bad and not the color shown in catalog. They charged $121.92. They would not credit my balance even after I showed email proof they received the returns. Kept telling me they don’t see a return. I started a dispute with the company and they told me I would receive a “gift” card of $89. Their policy clearly stated if not satisfied, return for a full refund. Then they sent letters stated that I will receive a credit of $78.25. This is clear robbery of your funds. I have disputed with Equifax and trans union credit companies and closed by consumer on my account. I'm still waiting the outcome. Roaman’s finally sent a 3rd letter and they put in my credit file I owe them $43 even after I returned the items. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Bad customer services and unfair practices!!!

Roaman's response

Hello Ruth, give us the opportunity to look into this. a private message has been sent to you.

Magali

Customer Service Analyst

Original review: June 3, 2022

Provided a new address they assured me it was correct. They they delivered to my old address and now they tell Me Too Bad so Sad they won't credit me or send me what I ordered. Basically they've stolen a $137 from me.

Roaman's response

We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this does not happen again.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I called and asked to purchase 6 bras that were on sale. The sales guy was going to charge me for the ones that were not on sale. I told him I wanted the ones that were on sale, he said he was sorry and assured me I would get the ones that were on sale. When they were delivered, I received two orders, one set of bras that were on sale and one set that was original price. I called and let them know that they sent an extra set in error. I was told to send the extra set back, so I did. The mailman picked them up then the post office had closed down for two to three weeks due to Covid which delayed the package getting back to Roaman's by their 60 day limit (missing it by 2 days) because of the weekend. This was beyond my control.

I gave them the number of the post office to verify it was shutdown at the time. Roaman's received the returned package and now are charging me for the bras, they say they are sending to a warehouse to distribute to some needy people and say I have to pay for them even though I don't have them. They refuse to send them back to me. So now I am getting bad credit all because of this company. I can't believe a company can actually get away with this. Trying to make you pay for something they send you then you send it back to them and they can bill you for it. Is this legal? They keep charging me $40 every month that the bill isn't paid. The bill is over $300 now and rising they don't care about their customers. Terrible customer service.

Roaman's response

We appreciate you for expressing your concerns with us. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us improve our previous performance.

Roaman's Company Information