1.08/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

66 Roaman's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I returned 3 tops that did not look anything like the description, and it took over a month to get a correct refund from Roaman's. Funny that when they sell me something it takes a nanosecond to charge my credit card, but it takes over a month from receipt to give me the credit to my credit card for a refund they owe me!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I placed an order on Dec 2, 2015, it shipped on Dec 6, 2015 and they charged my debit card on Dec 6, 2015. The tracking says it got to a HUB about an hour from my house on the 9th. It is now the 15th and it hasn't moved. I emailed customer service and their response was there is a backup at the HUB and if I don't get my package by the 26th to let them know! This is a Christmas gift! So I called through and talked to a "supervisor" who told me there was nothing they could do. I asked for my money back or reship same order by UPS not FedEx! He said they could not do that because they wouldn't have their package back, BUT IT'S OK FOR THEM TO HAVE MY MONEY AND I HAVE NO PRODUCT! He gave a number to Executive Communications to file a complaint. I will try that number but it is probably owned by them. I will NEVER order from them again! BEWARE!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Today, Nov 29 and tomorrow Nov 30, Roaman's is having a Cyber Monday 50% off sale. Sound good on the face of it, doesn't it? What Roaman's does it raise "regular" prices so that the 50% off price isn't such a bargain after all. I was waiting for this sale to purchase 5 shirts in different colors just like the one I bought recently during a 40% off sale. The shirt I bought at 40% off was a better final price that the same shirt at 50% off! The only way that can happen is that the regular price was raised. It isn't the actual dollar amount that makes me so angry. It is the intentional lying and deception. Please carefully check the prices before taking out your credit card. What you think is great bargain might not be at all. Roaman's lost a sale from me because of their dirty tricks.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Ordered a couple of items from the catalog that was listed as a 2 pack. I received the items but there was only one item in each pack. Called customer service and after talking to two different people, they told me that it was an error in the catalog and that there was nothing they could do about it. The quality of the items was barely worth the price of the 2 pack, but for only one, No way! I know mistakes can be made, but to make an item cost twice the amount, I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

Roaman's catalog clearly states that Roaman's Platinum credit card holders receive certain benefits. Among those are "Free standard shipping on orders of $75.00 or more after merchandise discount four times a year when you use your Roaman's Platinum card." I wanted to take advantage of the offer for free shipping and placed an order over the phone in the amount of $132.64 using my Platinum card. My total came to $148.63. When I questioned the difference, I was told that I was being charged for shipping. It was explained to me by a Roaman's supervisor that the "free shipping" offer was at the discretion of the business and offered only at certain times of the year.

In other words, in order to take advantage of free shipping, I would have to place an order during one of these periods. I cancelled my order. I shop when I need something, not at the convenience of the merchant. In my opinion ethics were violated in not revealing the true nature of their offer for "free shipping". I will not be using this company again and plan to burn my credit card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

I ordered 2 pair of leggings in the same style - one in white and one in indigo. They were buy one, get one free. The system arbitrarily decided that the indigo pair were the free ones. Though they were the same style they came in 2 different fabrics, and the white ones fit fine, but the indigo were cut short in the crotch. I sent the indigo back and was told by 3 customer service people that I would get no credit, as I returned the one marked free. I explained many times that I had paid $23.79 for 2 pairs, therefore they should credit me half of that since one didn't fit. They said they had no flexibility with this *** policy - I could either take another pair that also wouldn't fit for free, or I could accept zero credit. I spend about $3,500/year with them and they said they were willing to lose me as a customer rather than give me $11.90 credit!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

I ordered and eventually received three garments: one tunic in different colors, and one shirt. The price listed in the catalogue was $29.99 for each tunic and $9.99 for the shirt. I paid for these. I just got a bill stating I had new purchases of $79.97, with a credit of $29.99, leaving a balance of $57.48. Unfortunately, I paid for these items with a Roaman's credit card. Big mistake. I discovered that the ONLY way to protest charges is to WRITE to Roaman's. Customer service is not a person, but a recording, which does provide and discussion of bill. Also, when trying to establish an online account, Roaman's repeatedly rejected my (correct) information (entered three times). Beware of this company. They are dishonest and do everything they can to obstruct complaints.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Ordered 2 items that arrived in a padded envelope. Total cost including shipping and handling to Ontario Canada was $79. Items were too big. I had to return them to Roaman's. Told by Roaman's to print off a return label [which I did from my computer] to return them. Items shipped back to an Ontario address. I received a credit of only $26 cdn. So that means they charged me $52.37 for shipping and handling when the cost of product was a total of $42! Customer service said that the return label costs 20.00 to print off. And the rest is the cost of shipping an envelope to me and then for me to return it to them. Unbelievable! They expect me to believe that?! I might as well of just got $52 and torn it up as I have no product and out of pocket by $52!!! NEVER AGAIN. Be warned other Canadians. Know that they charge huge amounts for return shipping.

Original review: April 29, 2015

Well. I really liked a lot of your products, unfortunately if I can't see them modeled on a plus size model, that doesn't do me any good. Being a plus size person, it would be nice to see how it would look on a heavier person, so I can decide if it would look good on me.

Original review: April 28, 2015

I purchased several tops at Roaman's only to find out thanks to web tracking that I could get the items I purchased 15.00 less per item through Amazon plus they offer free shipping at Amazon on these Items. I am out about 70.00 because I purchased them through Roaman's and not Amazon. I contacted Roaman's through live chat and telephone and they basically said sorry about your luck. I had purchased from Roaman's years ago and thought they were quite reputable. They advised me they don't price match. I hope it is worth it to them to lose a customer over the upcharge of approx. 70.00.

Original review: April 21, 2015

You would think that a company that wants people to order from them would make it easier to do so. I received a few Visa gift cards for my birthday and thought "Hey, I could use some clothing for a couple of weddings coming up this summer! Why don't I use these to purchase some dresses?" Well, tried to place an order and for some idiotic reason, their website (and the websites of their affiliated companies) won't allow for the input of a Visa gift card. No, instead, they'll only allow payment by regular, interest-charging credit cards, their own credit cards (which charge an astronomical amount of money in interest) or via their own gift certificates and Roaman's specific gift cards. So you either have to charge the full amount of the order to one interest-bearing card or no order is possible. To me, this is the height of financial stupidity; I'm trying to give you money and order something from you and you're making it impossible for me to do that.

My response to this will be to drive 40 miles (I live in a rural area, hence the reliance on mail order for goods) to Dress Barn and spend my money there. Oh, and you can stop sending me the same catalog every other day - it's a waste of paper. If you're going to make it difficult for me to shop online with something other than one of your cards, I've no need for your endless advertising. Maybe I'll do something crazy... like going to a fabric store, buying a couple of bolts of fabric and making my own dresses. At least I know that Jo-Ann's will take Visa gift cards for their merchandise. Here's a bit of advice for you - have your web team figure out how to take multiple forms of payment and you might make more money.

Original review: March 31, 2015

I bought 2 sweaters which were 49.00 buy one and get one 1/2 price. So i bought one for me and my sister. I bought the wrong size for my sister and returned it for a smaller size. They refunded me 49. Until the smaller size that they were out of came in. OK if they wanted to do that they should of refunded me the 1.2 price one coz i kept one. So the new one comes and they charged me 49. When it should of been half that, I wrote to them twice - they did not credit my account for 24.50. Also I had to return 2 pairs of pants I bought at the same time. They credit one pair and the other pair they put into a special 90 day account and if i do not use this special 90 day account i will lose the credit. But i bought both at the same time. Please help me and I want to end my change account with them. And will never buy another thing from Roamans

Original review: March 24, 2015

Please, Please, someone look at these reviews and take heed. I ordered some items from ROAMAN'S, but nevertheless found out that I was overcharged for a double order that I never placed!! I contacted the 800 number and they quickly told me that they can't help because I have to call Customer Service and when I asked for the number they said I CAN'T SPEAK TO THEM!! I said "ok just refund my money because I didn't order 4 pair of jeans in the same color, quantity and size". They said ok, but I have yet to receive my money. They have put my money on my card on hold and because they refuse to give an authorization number to my credit card company, I have to wait until April for the hold to fall off!!! I'm really starting to think that our information is being sold and these shady pop up companies are looking for us suckers and bait and switch. I'm going to the top about my $135.00.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

On January 11th I received an email offer from Roaman's offering a free quilted parka with a $50 purchase. I ordered $66 worth of merchandise before taxes and shipping - I only needed one of the items, but ordered 2 other items that I kind of liked to qualify for the offer. I entered the promo code at checkout, the website accepted the code and said it had been applied to the order, and a couple of days later I received shipping notification. The order arrived today with no parka. When I contacted Roaman's to find out where the parka was, I was told I had only purchased $48 worth of "qualifying merchandise" so Roaman's would not honour the offer.

Customer service avoided answering any questions about why the website accepted the promo code if, in fact, some of the merchandise in my order did not qualify for the promotion. I've shopped on other websites that won't accept the promo code if your purchase doesn't qualify so you can adjust your order. Had I known that my order did not qualify for the promotion with the three items I ordered, I would have most likely cancelled the order, but important information about the order was withheld, I believe, to prevent just that circumstance.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

I Mädchen a Account with Roaman's in the beginning of October 2014, it allowed me to order items and it said that I did not have to pay for 90 days. In November, I returned from vacation and received a bill with failure to make payment and late payment penalty. I paid a portion larger than required right away and wrote them a note questioning the 90 day advertisement in their website. They referred me to my bill with no explanation. I just got notified of a report to Equifax by Roaman's for late payment. I now completing payment, paid off in 3 payment in 2 months, wrote them that I will cancel the acct at completion of payment. Their website is deceptive and misleading. No more! Leaves a bad taste behind. Quick encounter with lessons learned. Always check your credit reports!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

Called Roaman's to order a different size, I also was to receive a buy one get one free. I called to get another size and was told that the ordered size could be sent. I had to reorder because we can't trust you to send it back. And why if they don't have what you want they send you any old thing. For Christmas I ordered big shirt and tops. The big shirt were both the same color and the tops were the same color, who does that? Not only did the order come to $42.66, they charged me 59.80 and they were of very poor quality.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

I searched up the boots I bought years ago because they fit so well, and Roaman's carried them. In Oct, Roaman's went by a different name and I could've bought the boots for $40. The night I was going to order them, the site went down to do "maintenance." I received an email the next morning and their site now went by the name of "Roaman's." Same site, different name, different prices. Now the same boots were around $130! The sale came on Thanksgiving for the 50-50 sale, which still make the boots over their original price and now the "end of the season" sale, still over the original prices! If all the poor quality items, terrible customer service, and false statements didn't scare you, this should! There is no reason to shop at Roaman's unless you really want to be disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

Placed an order and realized that Roaman's overcharged me. Contacted them by email to customer services. Reply said that the 2 smocks ordered didn't get the lesser price was because of the color. When I replied to that email that nowhere on the page said anything about color - as a matter of fact the "deal" was directly under the red smock purchased - the email came back marked REFUSED! Great customer service - NOT. Quality of clothing going down hill. Will NEVER buy anything from Roaman's or their affiliates.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

I ordered three pieces from Roaman's, in all the same size. One of the pieces was sent DOUBLE the size I ordered. I had planned on wearing the new outfit for my birthday, and this was ruined. Plus they want to DOUBLE charge me the piece until they receive the return. I said no to this; they could wait for the return, credit my account, and THEN charge me again. From speaking to the customer service rep, I don't have confidence in them to do this. If they double charge me, I expect to have trouble getting credited. I asked if they could offer me a coupon or discount for my trouble and disappointment, since this was their fault. They responded, "No." This is my first and last experience with Roaman's.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

In May 2014 I placed an order from this catalog company for clothes. I was preparing to go on vacation and I needed some new summer tops and pants. I ordered several pieces of clothing totaling $123.92. I had to return several items because they did not fit and were very poor quality. When I returned the items, I was charged for the reorder before credit was given on the original return. All but two pieces of clothing that I ordered have disintegrated upon first washing. I even hand washed a white tank top while on vacation and a big hole appeared in the middle front and I had to throw it away immediately. I did not return any of the clothing that ripped apart because Roaman's charges because they make you pay for any return shipping.

I just want to advise anyone out there who reads this message. If you receive one of their catalogs in the mail do not order from this company unless you are just looking for throwaway clothes. I tried to contact them about my dissatisfaction, and they send a message stating that someone will get back to me within two to three business days. Of course, no one ever does. They did eliminate one $20.00 late fee but I was supposed to be on a six months deferred payment plan and they did not honor that either. I still have other late fees on the order. They say I still owe over $70.00 which I am very reluctant to pay.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

Called to cancel and order in less than 24 hours and told no. Order placed at 2:30PM and then say they process at 4PM daily but I do not see anything on the site that indicates this. Customer Service was rude and not helpful... live chat was useless, it was someone clicking line responses who could care less. I have spent a lot of money with Roaman's but will NEVER order from them again. Also, there is a fee to return items at your expense. RUTHLESS!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

On Wednesday the 10th if you ordered three items you got 50%. I then clicked "yes" to get the credit card offer. I received an email confirming the items ordered, the order number and the total price. Lo and behold, I checked today, 12th, to see when I would received the items. It was shown as being placed the next day @100% cost. I did the "Live chat" to have it cancelled, as the system showed it was in the process of being shipped (did not get a tracking number as of this time) and was told it was already being shipped. Like "too bad."

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

In my opinion, the clothes are cheaply made things you'd find in Walmart or another discount type store, but you are paying much more than you would pay at one of those stores. The clothes are either from China or some third world country. The sizes depend on who made the garment so you order your size and then you hope it's at least in the ballpark, and the fabric is almost always man made synthetic materials. When they have their "BOYO" sales they practically double the price of the garment so in reality you are not getting a discount of more than 5% or so, if that. I don't know if they think their customers are not very bright, or what, but I've been on the site and perused most items. So when I know I just saw a garment for $45 a few days ago and suddenly they're having a BOYO sale and that same garment is now $70 but I can get a second one for half price, well let's just say it doesn't take Einstein to figure it out. They offer the convenience of shopping on-line, but you are not getting a bargain. Quite the opposite.

Original review: July 25, 2014

I am being charged a $20 late fee from Roaman's, however I never received a statement.

Original review: May 30, 2014

I got a credit card with Roaman's being they said if you spend a certain amount of money on any purchase, your bill would be a certain amount. Well in looking at the chart they provide it states, in my case, my balance is say $980. I should be paying a monthly payment of $35.00. However, they are charging me $45-$55. I called and now they want to give this 5% of the bill deal. Just be careful not to think if you get your bill at a certain amount that you will only pay a certain amount monthly. NOT TRUE!!! I feel the statements they make to get you to get the card is false!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2013

I purchased blouses, coats, boots and shoes from Roaman's only to have the items fall apart after wearing them for a brief time. The merchandise are cheaply made and made in China. I hope Roaman's improved the clothing by having them made in the USA or go out of business. Consumers are giving away our hard earned money and all we are receiving in return is junk. I'm sick of the disrespect and disregard for the American people by companies who takes the cheap way out.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2013

I ordered merchandise from Roaman's. The website had a timer that said free shipping. I applied the code. The site even said the coupon was applied. It estimated shipping at 11.99 but since I had free shipping, I knew this did not apply to me. I used Paypal to pay for the purchase. However, free shipping does not appear to be ever intended. Even after speaking with customer service about the wrong amount refunded, they try to say I didn't apply the code. In essence, 2 blouses cost me nearly $20.00 to try on and find they don't fit. The size measurements weren't even close to the posted site size measurements...

Roaman's may promote a coupon special on the website but they do not apply the coupon and apparently never intended to. I wish someone would investigate this company, shut the website down for at min. false advertising. It lures you in with the promise of free shipping in my case, and doesn't actually offer you free anything. It will cost you $20.00 for looking at the site and not keeping anything.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I placed an online order on Sunday, August 18. I entered the promotion code I was given. I was to get a discount with the promotion code. I also asked for special shipping and agreed to the additional cost. I was provided a confirmation number to track my order. For two business days after my order was placed it still showed as my order was still being processed. Today I called and was told that it would not be shipped until Wednesday and that it was not being shipped per the special shipping I requested. I did not receive the discount per the promotion code nor did they provide the special shipping that I chose and agreed to pay for.

I told them that I did not want the merchandise and to transfer me back to the department that could cancel the order. I then spoke to a female and was told that I could not cancel the order, I did not receive the discount per the promotion code nor was my order being shipped as I requested AND that my only option was to refuse the delivery. This is totally unethical. I urge you to not give them one penny of your money. Their policy dictates that they don't care about the customer because they are doing you a favor to let you buy their clothes. BEWARE!

Original review: June 1, 2013

Ladies, NEVER EVER purchase a product from ROAMANS. If you return an item because it does not fit, you lose. I made a $34.78 purchase from them. I returned the item the same day because it was huge. They refunded me $18.69. The blouse cost $24.98. Balance s/h and tax to a $34.78 total. They charged a return fee. So the attempt to try their product cost me. Their policy is online but in that teeny tiny print. So if you are unsure if their clothes may fit, don't risk the purchase. I posted this on Facebook and have received similar complaints by other former customers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2012

I have been shopping at Roaman's for years without any problems but I sure had a problem this time. I returned an item in September for refund. I was told that I would have to pay the $7.50 fee to return it to them and I agreed to do this. What I was not told was that I also would be charged the original shipping fee also. I received a bill stating there was a late fee which was an error, and they corrected that when I called them but then it got really weird. They could not tell me what the exact amount was that I owed them. They gave me three different amounts, so now I do not know what to pay. This was the only thing charged on the bill so one would think it would be fairly easy to figure out but apparently not. I called their customer service department about the shipping charges and got someone who was not very nice. She confirmed that I would have to pay both shipping charges. I have asked to be removed from their mailing list and their email list as they have just lost a customer. The main reason I am writing this review is so that everyone knows they will be charged two shipping fees if they return an item for refund.

Roaman's Company Information

www.roamans.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.