1.08/5

81 Roaman's Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2019

Before you buy from this company, be prepared to jump through hoops. I have never seen such a restrictive policy for a plain return or exchange. I got a swimsuit after waiting at least a week for it with no tracking updates (tracking doesn't work on their site, I had to get the notification from the shipping company). I just tried on and found that it seems large. I wanted to EXCHANGE it for a smaller size only to find out I CAN'T BECAUSE I PAID WITH PAYPAL. What the heck is that??? Really? It says exchanges can't be processed with PayPal. I got NO WARNING about this before I paid. If I want to exchange the item, I have to return the item, which will cost me return shipping. What a scam.

Why offer PayPal as a payment method if you're not going to honor your full return and exchange policy with it? Unless that is their goal, to discourage returns. Yes it does seem so. I am so irritated about this company that I will NEVER purchase from them again. This was a first time shopping experience with them and it has disgusted me. It's too bad because they have some nice stuff.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I ordered boots in December to wear to work. The boots fit, I wore them a few times in the 2.5 months I had them. I got out of my car about a week ago and the zipper was broken. I called the company and explained one of the boots was defective and how could I get the $100.00 plus boots replaced. Company said I can't your 60 days are up and there is nothing we can do. I had purchased the last black pair of boots I wore from the same company and they lasted for 3-5 years. I won't do business with companies that won't stand behind their products.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Although a long time customer, who spends upwards to $1200 a year... I have asked that Roaman's remove me from their contacts as of 6+ weeks ago as I will no longer be a customer to Roaman's or their affiliates due to lack of transparency when ordering online, and their poor customer service support when it comes to online ordering, returns or email notifications. I only wished I read the online reviews earlier where my experience is consistent with other unsatisfied customers. Shame on Roaman's! In my specific case, I was SCAMMED out several hundreds of dollars when it came to exchanges, and returns of received incorrect product (i.e. I ordered a size 8 shoe and received 8.5)... When I tried to return via online, it would not allow me, a follow up to their Customer Service Dept and was told that the product I received came from a 3rd party vendor and they won't accept returns or exchanges.

I ordered from a Roaman's Catalog, and paid Roaman's. I didn't pay a 3rd party vendor. The issue between their vendor, and shouldn't be with the consumer... I was told upon ordering there is a statement to the effect that I could be ordering from another vendor. This was mind blowing to me as this should have come up as a warning asking if I wanted to proceed or that there is no returns, exchanges, no exception before they accepted my money. It's a SCAM... DON'T FALL for their FALSE Advertisement...very disappointing that an American Company will not stand behind their advertisement, product or name. Signed, extremely dissatisfied customer!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been a very long-time customer of Roaman's (along with their many affiliates, Woman Within, Full Beauty, etc). One of the reasons I've remained a customer is because they carry extra wide sizes in shoes and boots. I ordered a pair of boots and received them in late December. I returned those boots in February and then to my surprise I received them back in March saying they were old, worn or damaged, which is absolutely false. After spending over 30 minutes on the phone (their automation is awful!) I ending up speaking to FOUR different people, of which 2 were supervisors. All 4 of them told me they would not accept the boots back because I was 3 days past the 60 day return window. Their invoice states "Our Goal is your Complete Satisfaction"... Well, needless to say they just lost a long-time customer! Quite possibly the worse customer service I have ever received from any company.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I ordered a swimdress, and clearly did not research the reviews prior, which was clearly a HUGE mistake. I received a men’s plaid shirt. I called to get the correct item shipped, and I was told I had to exchange the current item first, which could take up to 3 weeks or pay again and they would credit me once the shirt was returned. After telling them to just refund me because I’m not waiting that long, they told me I had to return the $24 shirt first (my swimdress was $66. This was a huge inconvenience since this wasn’t my mistake and a waste of my time to ship something I never ordered.

After talking to a crappy supervisor they agreed to refund me the full amount with shipping, but they needed the shirt back within 30 days. So I agreed, but only have received the refund for the item. I told them I’m not sending the item back until I receive the full refund since that was the deal. They keep replying saying that the refund was processed for the shipping. It is still not on my card or PayPal account. This is a HORRIBLE company, and I’m not sure how they stay in business. The supervisor straight up told me my item was probably shipped to the person who ordered the shirt and of course the company has problems or she wouldn’t have a job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roaman's?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Terrible customer service, nasty reps, will not credit account for returned merchandise even though I am struggling to make payments since I have been laid off and caring for elderly parents. Horrible company - will never use again even though their products are nice.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I was offered "free shipping and returns" when I ordered. They deducted a return fee of 7.50 when I returned some of the items. I called to have fees reversed and they said they have no evidence of "free shipping & returns" being offered. A very dishonest company and I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Ordered a 10 pack of high cotton briefs in October, they did not arrive with the shipment. Called, was told they were on back order until 11.28.18. Called today and was told the order was canceled. Item is still back ordered till 12.28.18 now. They can reinstate the order at their 'best price' which is more than the original price. They have the worst customer service. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I purchased two dresses from them for an event. I kept one and tried to return the other. I was not aware of their 60 day return policy and sent it back 6 days late. They refused to take it back. I was a long-time customer of theirs but will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

They are very deceptive with their pricing. I was looking at a blouse. The original price was $29.00. It went on sale to $22.99 clearance. They had a 50% off sale and the “original” price for the blouse was then marked up to $42.99. I also purchased a sweater it was $37.99 one day then during the 50% off sale I noticed that the same sweater was jacked up to $74.99! That’s not a sale when you double the price. Please beware when they have a sale. It’s really not a sale.

Roaman's Company Information