RetailMeNot Reviews

About RetailMeNot

At RetailMeNot, we believe saving money is a big deal. That’s why we’re always exploring new ways to help you save anytime, everywhere! We have over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 stores at the ready. Our offers span all of your favorite categories like travel, clothing, food, beauty, grocery and prescriptions!

Check out our favorite ways to help you save:

- Our award-winning free RetailMeNot app

• 37%
  • 3%
  • 38%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Updated on 05/12/2024: Well I wrote a previous review about receiving a vague email stating that my account has been supposed due to suspicious activity. Now, when I followed up asking what was the suspicious activity…I was given no reason. They did however provide me with term that only an attorney decipher. So, here I am after years of being a loyal customer I’m treated like this. I can’t understand how I can possibly write to the appeals board explaining an issue that I don’t even know what the issue is. So, I filed a complaint on here 5/6/2024. The company replied 5/7/2024 that they would look into this and reach out to me very soon.

As of today, 5/12/2024, I haven’t received any emails or detailed explanation. In fact, if I would have reached out to RETAILMENOT initially because I kept getting an error when I tried to a coupon code. It just kept saying “oops error”. They didn’t even have the courtesy to bring it to my attention in a professional manner that there could be a potential issue. From there I searched issues and saw what to do if your account has been suspended. Well, my first thought was my account hasn’t been suspended because I never got any information on that. Well, I decided to try it anyhow. Sure enough later on that I got a reply to my inquiry that my account had been suspended. No reason given. So, that’s why it’s suspicious that I haven’t received a reply to my initial complaint on here and it’s been 6 days. I would also greatly accept any advice from fellow consumers!!

Original Review: I’ve been using Retailmenot for a long time without any issues. I’ve never intentionally or knowingly did anything to cause problems. I went to use my account as I have for quite some time. It kept giving me an error message. I decided to reach out to Retailmenot to see what the issue was. I was then sent an email that seems to be a standard email sent to everyone. No explanation as to why my account was suspended. No information on when my account will be reinstated. Just a link if I want to have them review it again.

Well, why wasn’t I given the courtesy of what the issue was? Also, if there’s “suspicious activity” wouldn’t it be in the best interest of the customer to be more specific for several reasons. One being, there could be an issue with someone hacking their account, identity issues, spam issues to name a few. Instead a link is given to read the rules. I don’t know if anyone has read them but when I was done my head hurt. This is more for an attorney to read and then explain to their client. It’s not user friendly and it’s hard to understand. So after reading it, I am still confused. I mean I am supposed to read these endless pages that really should be read by an attorney, then after that I should be able to know what I supposedly did wrong!? Really!?

I am 54 years old and I have never had any of my accounts suspended. I’ve always followed the rules! I spend a lot of money shopping online especially since the pandemic. And now after this, I am ready to go back to the Brick and mortar stores. This really came as blow! It’s very upsetting and not fair! I am a person who stands up for what’s right! I feel that all of us consumers that have received this vague email without any definitive reason should all contact the Attorney General to have them at the very least look over the rules. They really are for the consumer’s rights!

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Cristi. We value your input and want to ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible. If you have already provided the information requested by our Customer Care team, you can expect to hear back from them shortly. In case you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Helpful with Rockauto and admittedly haven’t used it for other stores, I do plan to but coupons for amazon are frustrating because you can't copy and paste the code into the code bar. It just says code provided at checkout but there is none provided for the 20% off. I got 5% off but from amazon itself. Unless they fix this I wouldn’t recommend using this for amazon codes in the future.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for your experience. We have passed it along to the appropriate team and hope you continue to save with RetailMeNot!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I made a purchase through them on Expedia and they promised $50.00 cash back after my purchase was completed and I even got an email confirmation notification from retailmenot.com. It said that they received a confirmation of purchase from Expedia and that I was going to receive the $50.00 after 45 days exactly. Almost 50 days later I tried contacting them asking for my $50 cash back since it's been more than 45 days but now they say it could be 45 days after my flight gets completed which will not happen until next year. I think they are misleading and they lie in plain sight, I don't understand why they won't issue my $50 cash back even when they know flight tickets are not refundable.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, Claudia. Our terms state that for travel-related transactions, the 45-day processing begins after the completion of your reservation/stay. If you do not receive your Reward 45 days post-travel, please don't hesitate to Contact Customer Care at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

After using RMN fairly regularly for a number of years, my account was suddenly suspended with no explanation. When I contacted them I was told it was suspended because they had identified activity in my account that may not follow their terms of use. They then said they couldn’t provide additional details - in other words, we’ve suspended your account but won’t explain why. I can request a review, by answering a series of questions they already have the answers to. Ridiculous.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Shannon. We value your input and want to ensure that we resolve your issue as quickly as possible. If you have already provided the information requested by our Customer Care team, you can expect to hear back from them shortly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

I was not able to get any coupons to work when I recently purchased a laptop from Lenovo. How, I was able to get a 10% cash back offer. Sounds cool, right?
      A day after getting an email "Lenovo has verified your purchase!" suddenly, my new never used before RetailMeNot account was flagged for suspicious activity. Fine, I reached out to Customer Care providing a receipt, and a screenshot with the system info and timestamp of me replying to try to get that decision appealed.

I was told that they are unable to appeal it because they outsource those decisions to a "Third party risk management company" and they are unable to tell me why I was flagged, only that I am suspended from all cash back offers. They hope I'll continue using them and building history... blah blah. Sorry, that behavior is suspicious. One star, do not recommend.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I apologize sincerely for the experience you have had. Occasionally, an account may be erroneously flagged for suspicious activity by our system. I am pleased to inform you that your account suspension has been lifted. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Care at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

BRUNO increased rating by 4 stars.
      After a positive interaction with RetailMeNot, BRUNO increased their star rating on May 24, 2023.

Updated review: May 24, 2023

The support team has solved my issue and returned my cash back.

Original Review: May 15, 2023

RetailMeNot's unjustified cashback cancellations inflict an emotional betrayal on customers. It's disheartening when a platform we trust disregards our loyalty without any valid explanation. We deserve transparency and empathy. Let's demand better treatment and consider alternatives that value our satisfaction and trust.

Pinned

xuefeng increased rating by 4 stars.
      Customer ServiceSales & Marketing
      After a positive interaction with RetailMeNot, xuefeng increased their star rating on March 17, 2023.

Updated review: March 17, 2023

Issue was resolved. Communication channel was fully aligned.

Original Review: March 15, 2023

I agree with another review: they don't honor the cashback and make up excuses not to give it to you, especially if it's an amount over $3. I ordered Verizon wireless plan from Retailmenot link on 12/29/2022. It is $80 cashback from Retailmenot. The click records showed in my Retailmenot account until mid-February 2023 without any progress. Then I started to call their number, but of course, no one answered the phone. I created two cases from their website support page. I was not only getting no response, the click records disappeared from my account. As the 3rd contact, I emailed to their support email box. No reply so far. Retailmenot is very much playing scam.

Pinned

Hi Xuefeng. We responded to your inquiries on 02/27/23, 03/5/23, and 3/11/23. Our Customer Care team has requested additional information to review your Verizon order. We will gladly assist you as soon as you provide that information. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our Care team at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2023

Sometimes they don't honor the cashback and make up excuses not to give it to you, especially if it's an amount over $3. I had to contact Retailmenot several times just to get the $20 they owed me after I made a purchase months ago. Not worth the hassle.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are sorry to hear that some of your purchases were not Rewarded automatically. We receive purchase information, and Rewards are earned automatically 99% of the time, and in cases where we don't, our Care team is always happy to review purchases manually. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to them at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2022

I made a few Purchases on RetailMeNot, two had a rebate from the RetailMeNot website. One of the purchases was credited to my account. A Nord VPN was marked as suspicious, after months of trying to get info on why they "suspect" my transaction. I asked suspect of what? Same day my account with money already approved was locked and closed. Now I will be on a mission to protect the American consumer against this Scam..

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, Kevin. We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your account. Our Care team sent some questions regarding your account on 7/28/22 and again on 12/2/2022. We will be happy to review your account once we have the requested information. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2022

Many years ago, when this site started, it was a great place for coupon codes. For years though, it has been nothing but 1) ads for sales that you don’t need RetailMeNot to access, just go to the website of the store for the same discount and 2) Invalid coupon codes. I think they know it too, since they got rid of any rating system that shows whether a particular coupon code is valid or not. You can’t even warn other people not to bother when you find out a coupon code doesn’t work. This site is a total waste of time.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, Adam. We are sorry to hear you have not had a great experience with us. There is a comment section on each offer that is monitored by our moderation team, and you are more than welcome to leave a comment if a code is not working for your order. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to our Customer Care team at https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

RetailMeNot Company Information