2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

At RetailMeNot, we believe saving money is a big deal. That’s why we’re always exploring new ways to help you save anytime, everywhere! We have over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 stores at the ready. Our offers span all of your favorite categories like travel, clothing, food, beauty, grocery and prescriptions!

Check out our favorite ways to help you save:

- Our award-winning free RetailMeNot app

- Cash Back Offers—both in-store and online!

- Discount Gift Cards

- The Real Deal blog—featuring savings tips and breaking deals news

- RetailMeNot Genie™—the free plug-in for Chrome and Firefox that automatically applies coupon codes and cash back for you!

- RetailMeNot Everyday™—break out the scissors for grocery coupons and local deals

- RetailMeNot Rx Saver™—compare prices and get great prescription discounts (sometimes even better than what your insurance would provide)

Yours for the Saving™

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

RetailMeNot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I am a professional shopper for stay at home seniors. I am a senior myself on a fixed income and this is my livelihood. It keeps my bills paid. I used to get all the grocery store ads delivered by the post office in my mailbox on Tuesdays. But approximately 8 to 12 months ago RetailMeNot took over the delivery of the store ads. In all of this time I have received my ads exactly three times. I have to call every single week for my ads so that I can plan out my day and shop for my senior customers. I have already lost one account because of RetailMeNot not delivering the ads.

Every time I have called until today I have been told that my delivery day is Tuesday. In my area the shopping ads for groceries starts on Wednesdays. I am usually at the store at 6:00 a.m. when they open to begin shopping for my seniors and my day is planned out completely on Tuesday nights based on the ads to get my senior customers the best possible prices on the groceries that they need. I call each of my seniors on Tuesdays and let them know approximately what their cost is going to be so that I can collect the money from them up front.

I am not financially independent and cannot pay for their groceries and then have them reimburse me. Every week I have to call RetailMeNot for my ads. Now they're telling me my delivery is on Wednesdays which does me no good and I am going to lose my business. My plan is to contact all of the stores that I usually shop at for groceries that use this company to deliver their advertisements and I am going to complain to them. RetailMeNot is a useless very poorly run company. If I could get them zero to a quarter star I would. They don't deserve any more than that.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Very rarely do any of the coupon codes they provide for the restaurants I choose do they ever work. Especially true for Longhorn Steakhouse. Never been able to use a coupon there. Not worth my time to try anymore.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Jeff. Sorry to hear you had an issue using an offer. We'd love to look into this. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through our help page with the offer or offers you tried to use so we can hep you: https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Absolutely deplorable BS scam of a site....How many times does someone have to chase them for cashback that I am owed!!!! One scripted excuse after another with the most inept customer service, I'm looking at you Mark and Nolan!! Avoid these scammers like the plague. They steal the cash back you are entitled to!!!! Thieves!!!

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize that you did not receive the level of service that you expected and that you are missing cash back rewards. We would love to resolve this issue with you if you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com and a manager can work with you to successfully resolve any problems you may have encountered with our site.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I have saved a good amount of money using the discount codes from ReTailMeNot. I have used the codes in store or online. Plus, I have gotten my cash back rewards on several purchases. I truly recommend this site to anyone who likes to shop, save money and get cash back rewards at certain stores!

Hi Dd!

Thank you for your review! We love being able to save you money on your purchases and look forward to saving you even more money in the future!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I am tired of this company littering. Each month(?) they deliver their papers in red bags all over lawns and sidewalks of my town. Most people don't want them as evidenced by the fact that they remain all over lawns and sidewalks in my town for a good long time. I refuse to do business with anyone that advertises with them. They allegedly have a form to opt out but the first time I filled it out I started getting two papers instead of one. I tried again and nothing happened, I still get two. People delivering physical papers great business model for 1972. I cannot believe that in this day and age any company would litter so blatantly.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience caused by the delivery of the RetailMeNot Everyday mailers. Mailers should only be delivered to customers who are subscribed to the distribution list so we would love to investigate this issue. If you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com with your mailing address, we are happy to escalate this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Created the first account with them because they had a 10% cashback offer for BestBuy. Followed the instruction step by step and made my eligible purchase in the "TopDeals" section, after I picked up my order a couple days later I got the email from them saying "BestBuy let us know you made a purchase" and it showed the pending cashback balance in my wallet which is good. A few days later when I checked again, I saw my pending become $0.0, went to look at my reward activity and to my surprise, I got marked ineligible now with this message "Ineligible due to suspected violation of Terms. Please contact Customer Care if you believe this was in error."

Of course, I believe is an error so I contacted the customer care and gotten a response that doesn't say the specifics and told me to email directly if I believe this is an error so I emailed and it says it could take 5 days for the review, Took all 5 days for a response and guess what the reply was? Basically the same as the first response I got, this is not acceptable, they are straight-up not putting any effort into this problem or simply at this point I feel like they are just trying to not pay out. I attached the picture of the responses.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Xinyi, we do apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused by receiving that message. While our customer care team is not able to provide you with the exact reason your account was suspended, your information was submitted to our risk assessment team who did make the decision to keep the suspension flag on your account based on their research. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Resolution response: Dec. 10, 2019

Turns out the emails were scam/phishing emails and the review was left in error. The company was quick to respond to my review and were courteous and professional.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have never used this service, ever, yet they continue to spam my email inbox with junk despite me frequently following the unsubscribe links. I get upwards of 5-10 emails a day from them. I don't know whose email list they bought and use for marketing purposes, but I do not appreciate all their spam. Until I read the consumer reviews posted here I was convinced they were a phishing scam. Make your unsubscribe process actually work, please.

RetailMeNot response

Hi A, we're sorry to hear that you are receiving unwanted email communication from us. If you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com then we would be happy to look further into why you might be receiving those emails. If you would also like to forward us the most recent email that you've received then we would be happy to determine if this is an email from RetailMeNot or a phishing email from someone pretending to be our company. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I made my first purchase through RetailMeNot Wallet for a 10% discount to Best Buy. I made the order through their referral link and all seemed well. Picked up the order and waited a few days. Unfortunately my account never showed pending purchases. I contact Chat and they informed me my account had been suspended?!? It was my first time purchasing through them and opening an account. Their Chat couldn't give me any information on why my account was suspended. They wanted me to email them a bunch of information (Data) to see why it was suspended. Tried to call, but you can only leave a voice mail.

It's great that my account has been suspended with NO communication. No email? No information in my wallet? No Messages? Feels like a scam for them to collect my information, get me to purchase through their referral link so they get money, but then cancel my account so they don't have to pay out. You will notice many more complains about this exact same situation. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION OR USE THEIR SERVICES!!!

RetailMeNot response

Hi Adam, we are sorry to hear that you had this experience in using our site. We would love to look further into this if you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com. We will be able to do more research on your account and be able to provide you with any additional information we can.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I unsubscribed, and that seemed to work for a while, however, I recently got a bunch of junk that did not even have an address on it. You guys let your advertisers know you send their message to people who DON"T WANT IT? It just read:

[36/53] B060875 .>A S:0084 G:056478
      1680389490 C1
      DEL 10/08 6089 00394
      ************ECRWSS**C-066

BALTIMORE, MD 21218

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result of receiving these mailers. From the image provided, we can determine that these are blank mailers that your local carrier has delivered to you by mistake. The blank mailers are for customers who received a damaged one and need a replacement, not for general distribution. We highly suggest speaking with your local post office so the carrier can be corrected immediately.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I keep getting in my USPS mailbox flyers from RetailMeNot. Junk, Junk, Junk. I have requested on their site (Link->> https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe) at least 3 times over the past 4 months to stop receiving their junk. It is not the postal person as the address on the flyer is my address. These people just will not stop! Federal Trade Commission really needs to get involved with this company. This company is just as bad a "RedPlum". Scam, Scam, Scam and no way to get off their darn list. They say it can take up to six weeks to be removed from the mailing list. Hello!! It has been at least 12 weeks since the first time I requested to be removed.

Hello M,

We're sorry to hear that you are continuing to receive the RetailMeNot Everyday mailers after you have requested to be unsubscribed from the mailing list. Once you have submitted your request via the link https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe then you should be removed from the list however we would be happy to look further into this if you are able to send us a private message with your mailing address and email.

RetailMeNot Company Information