3.39/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

38 RetailMeNot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have literally contacted this company 5 times to be taken off their mailing list. It clutters up my mailbox and sometimes important mail get hidden with its fold, opening up the chance of accidentally throwing out something important. I'm doing you guys a favor by asking to be removed since it saves you mailing to someone who simply recycles it without ever looking at it. Stop sending me these things you idiots!

Original review: July 27, 2018

When I first joined they were wonderful and honored their promotions. Now the last three months or so, even though it shows I activated cash back they very rarely honor it. I will inquire and they will say give it more time even though the amount of time according to their website has passed. Then they say email the order confirmations, which I do. Still nothing. Then I get the too many offers used, even though only one of my five eligible per store was honored, and that was the lowest offer. I'm avoiding them from now on, I count on that cash back for my purchases. I will now utilize a site that is honest and honors payouts.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 29, 2018

Absolutely horrible customer service. Always get the same response chatting with them. The only way to reach them is live chat. Contacted them to ask about why my gift card orders wouldn’t process and they gave me a worthless explanation and wasted my time for days. I screenshotted what they told me to post it. Basically summed up their third party system verification would not process the transaction for no reason. I called my bank they told me they don't know why was refunded. Save your time. Not worth it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Absolutely horrible customer service. The only way to reach them is live chat. Contacted them to ask about why my gift card orders wouldn’t process and they gave me a worthless explanation and wasted my time for days. I screenshotted what they told me to post it. Basically summed up their third party system verification would not process the transaction for no reason. I have good credit and make purchases all the time via cashback apps and major retailers with the same credit cards linked to my Retailmenot profile.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I am receiving a commercial newspaper every week, called RetailMeNot (RetailMeNot.com). Before it was called Red Plum. I never signed for their mailing list. I have already contacted them and they say it's the Post Office responsibility, whereas the newspaper comes with my mail address printed on it. Afterward, they say that maybe someone subscribed me, which is not true, since I have been living in the same address before I begun to receive the Red Plum newspaper. Thanks for your concern.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

Original review: May 1, 2018

It's a great site when the promo codes and shopping trips are working properly and recorded. But on their site the Contact Us function to email customer service has been down for a long time. I found their email address through previous times I had emailed them to follow up on pending rewards (which they promptly resolved). Their chat online function doesn't work either.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have been getting a complete runaround trying to get 20.00 rebate from a purchase. It is ridiculous!! At first they wouldn't even respond. Then they kept requesting the same information over and over. Finally I got the credit for the rebate. Then I could not withdraw it. Same thing... email after email requesting the error or screenshot. Well over 20 emails trying to resolve this. My account is completely messed up. I can’t request money or edit my information or anything. I personally think this is a gimmick. There is no way they cannot figure out this problem. Don’t use them. I like the coupons to use in stores but other than that don’t fall for it like I did. Some people are out much more than I am.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

After completing an offer for 500.00 gift card, free hopper etc. Code # ** THE RETAILMENOT CODE... DOESN'T HOLD WATER. Not to say a single $1.00. After completing the purchase through RMN and waiting only to get. Ooh gee, shucks... That's rough. Comments stating that your purchase will get 0.00. Zip. As their words... "Some people place fake ads on their site. And thanks for the infor, we will try to get them off." try? Slipped on? Pop up? Placed on? Where is the security for the consumers? Omg... That's the people who pay for salary through purchases on your site.

***I had to give a star to get this completed. My apologies to the system. If they were negative stars I would use. I won't insult the regular stars rating with this company. In scanning various sites, it seems the RMN site pops up first as it must state to the merchants the consumer traffic. Just a thought. If you would honor the codes that your consumers trusted enough to use your site. By paying the offer they lost, heck, omg, shucks you would provide a security for your consumers not to suffer a loss, both financially and emotionally. I bet after paying out a couple thousand claims. You might be more proactive in your daily site monitoring. Ooh gee, good job, omg. What a great way to keep and get happy consumers.

They do have fake news, fake companies and of course fake ads/coupons. Could they be a forming fake army of consumers who let companies realize that to honor one's product, ads and good name means a lot more of a short lived gain. Maybe you should monitor Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram. Maybe an army is growing?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I did the Cashback service for AT&T Wireless new service back in September 2017 and still haven't received my cash back of $100! What a SCAM this website is! Everyone please avoid Retailmenot.com! I'm a Marine Veteran OEF Afghanistan and I will not do any more business with these people. I have emailed many times and I keep getting the runaround!!!! Still waiting on Merchant or send receipt (which I have 3x!!). Uggg I give up with this place, but just had to warn others before it's more wasted time!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Made several purchases but none registered in their system although I followed their instructions to the letter. Provided the invoices but still no payment... not the best cashback site, use another one that will be more honest.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had made a few purchases and never received my $40 credit. I emailed them to find out why and also sent in proof of purchase, the received merchandise and the proof where it showed I had received notices from RetailMeNot. Never received a response or credit. Extremely disappoint and will no longer use this app.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Even though they list themselves as retailmenot.ca the coupons only work on USA sites. I have tried at least 9 coupons for the same site and in each case, the online store would not accept them unless I had a USA address. I tried to make a comment on the coupons to advise people not to waste their time but it would not allow me to do so. Reason: 'blocked word'. The comment was: 'Cannot use on Canadian sites'. Which word should be blocked??? Waste of time.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have had a great experience with RetailMeNot.com. There are no other website or apps like it. RetailMeNot.com can't be beat. Sometimes you don't always know you are going shopping for something and I have this app on my phone and can just pull up a coupon to scan. I used to always be stuck either with a coupon at home and out of luck or have to go get it. Now I don't have that problem. I use it while out shopping, at home while online. I do not shop either way without checking my app for a coupon first. I sometimes just open the app and see what kind of deals are going on.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I love using RetailMeNot.com because I can find promotional codes or discounts to save money for most of my online purchases. Also it will tell you sometimes about sales you didn't know about. I choose this site over all the others. However, there are many promotional codes or coupons that do not work or expired. The site needs someone to delete or remove these items so others don't get discouraged when using the site. I use the site any time I do any type of online shopping. I make no online purchase without looking for a coupon code for it.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I like RetailMeNot because it pops up when I'm near a store that offers coupons. It shows the different coupons for the location you're at. Also you can search for a store you want. It makes looking up what you are looking for super easy. And has many options for each store, plus it has pretty much every store you could think of. The website has a few different options for my needs and it's very easy to navigate the app. Sometimes there's not a coupon I need for a store or the coupon is for certain items. I would prefer a percentage off coupon for the entire store then just select items. Hopefully there will be more a variety offered at some point. But it's a great app.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Is a very entertaining page, with many offers, time passes very quickly and without realizing when I navigate in it, I have been using it for a long time and I intend to continue using it. I like the interactive of the page, especially the variety of products to which they offer discounts. I love the free sample coupons and the profit I can get from them. What I like most are the discount offers on baby items and products for cleaning the home, in technology and appliances, I take advantage of many of them. But I don't like when I get many offers in the mail because it saturates my inbox. Also, when I need the offer of a specific product, especially when I've been waiting for days.

Original review: March 16, 2017

I have had good experiences with RetailMeNot.com. I've been able to get lots of promo and coupon codes for multiple websites and ordering online. It works well for ordering food online too. Examples would be Papa John's, Pizza Hut and pretty much any pizza place we have in town. I specifically like that you can almost always get coupons or promo codes when you look. They have quite a few varieties of places you can get deals for. Though I would like if there were a few more promo and coupon codes for other brands and that they updated them a little more. I'd also like if they would get rid of the ones that don't work faster then I wouldn't have to go through as many to find the right one.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Retailmenot has a very simple website. You can search what brand/location you are interested in then you go straight to all the coupons they offer. The layout and the way they have their website designed is pretty neat as well. I feel they can make their site better though. Some deals are misleading and others are expired and hard to get to. I like the fact that they have multiple brands but not too thrilled on the actual coupons themselves. Plus a lot of the stuff is just the same coupons the main company offers - so it kinda adds a step. Instead of making it easier.

They also need to let you know about the full offer and not just enough to get you to click to coupon. I mainly go on the website for food coupons and I always say they are so limited and the coupons are so narrow. It's normally nothing but pizza and/or a tiny bit of a discount (if you purchase at full price). Normally when I order food online I like to check it out to see what kind of deals and specials they are running at the time. I don't think the deals are always good. They should have more of a variety as well instead of just pizza pizza pizza, 20% off, etc.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I have enjoyed the full experience of using RetailMeNot. I use it whenever I go into any store just to make sure I am not missing out on a deal. When I search it tells me what deals are available for this store. Once I get to the register I show the cashier my phone, they scan my barcode, and then my savings gets applied to my purchase. I like that I can go directly to that store I'm in and see if there are any deals available. I do not have one particular store I use this app for. I make sure each and every store I look them up on RetailMeNot because I have saved a lot money because of this app. The only issue was at JcPenney when they said they no longer accept RetailMeNot coupons. Other than that, I have not had any issues. So with that alone speaks volume for this app. Everybody loves to save money and this app allows you to do just that.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Overall I really like using RetailMeNot. It's easy to use, the app is simple, and the colors are nice. The setup was a hook the first time I used the site. I love that you can favorite shops and especially love that you can divide coupons into online versus in-store. There just needs to be a more even selection of the two, as there are far more for online. I truly dislike how few in-store coupons there are because I do much of my shopping in real life and need more discounts that way. Even so, the online deals found can be quite good. There needs to be a better rubric for getting rid of expired deals though, as those can get quite annoying.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I use RetailMeNot before I go to the grocery store or to the mall to see if there is anything I would like that's on sale. I like to be able to search for something in particular and specific stores and see what I want to visit before I go. Sometimes I go to stores just because there is an item on sale there. I also use RetailMeNot to find any coupons on food, clothing, cleaning and air freshener products. I love all the different types of coupons and the alerts RetailMeNot sends to me. It alerts me automatically if there is a sale on one of my favorite items. It also shows me the availability of the item and the location that has the most availability. However, sometimes there isn't a coupon on a certain item and sometimes it misses sales that are going on though that happens not too often. Nevertheless, my experience with RetailMeNot has been awesome.I love that most of the deals are up to 20 percent off.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I look for deals when I'm intending to buy something that I've generally already chosen and would like a discount on it. The deals I find at RetailMeNot are generally good, like when looking for a discount on a clothing site and getting 10-15% off. RetailMeNot is a great way to find coupon codes and deals on a variety of sites. I appreciate that there's a site that has this variety and makes it easy to search for different stores and discounts. I find it to be one of the most accessible deal sites on the internet. Other sites don't give me as many options, or make it difficult to see how successful people have been with using coupon codes or finding deals. I like that the RetailMeNot website includes the success rate of other customers who have tried the deals or coupon codes, and that it's easy to use.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I have not been able to use a lot of the "coupons" listed for many reason, they do not actually offer a deal more, just tells you different sales going on at the moment and are not actually coupons at all, or are attached to some sort of sign up program where I am forced to sign up for something to receive it. I wish RetailMeNot explained more about the deal, how purchase is necessary or not, or if you have to give your email or sign up for another site to receive it, or had more updated deals and actual coupons that save the purchaser money, not just sale prices. Also, more than half the ones I try do not work and are expired. But I enjoy family deals, like trips to Kalahari, and by signing up for email through some website I have received some great deals from Kalahari through email that my family and I have taken up on.

Original review: March 5, 2017

My relationship with RetailMeNot has been pretty good. I like to go there to look for coupons specifically when I'm online shopping. I usually find something and 90% of the time the coupon works. I like that it is easy to find a code and the codes are usually accurate. I like that all you have to do is copy and paste and they are easy to find. I only don't like when it lists the sales the store because you can find those on the store's website. Another thing is having instead of actual coupons. I also don't like when the coupons don't work. I usually use the coupons when I am online shopping for clothing, accessories, or technological devices. I have also used it for food coupons. I usually find decent deals. About 10%-25% off is most common.

Original review: March 4, 2017

It's almost perfect when shopping online. I love getting on different website to look for great deals, which you can get when you look hard enough. I love looking online when it comes to looking at grocery store. I look everyday to see what I can find, and I enjoy printing the coupons out everyday when I can. I look for certain coupons, and I'm pretty good when it comes with great deals. When you go online to look for great deals, then you realize how much money you can save. You just gonna have to try it out for yourself. Do it one of these days.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The deals are ok but some are expired and that can be frustrating. I hate when I have to sift through the coupons that are expired or do not work. Stop letting people post expired coupons or coupons that don't work. The site needs to fix that. But I like the hunt of finding a good deal that I wouldn't have gotten. I like saving money so I can keep shopping more and buy more and more things for myself and other people. I also like finding deals and getting money off I can use on other things.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Had a really good experience with RetailMeNot. I have had a lot of luck and it has saved me money. It's easy to use and I have the app on my phone too. Really easy to bring up on my phone. Normally, I will look at the website when I am in the store or thinking about going to a particular store.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I was pleased and relieved to find deals to the stores I love and helped me save money for other things. I can share the deal pages with my family by using facebook. The apps make it faster and easier to save cash. I like that when I view these websites, I am finding deals that I would have otherwise missed in my busy day. With so many of us living paycheck to paycheck, this is a great help to our pocketbooks. When I am at a store, and I find something I want that doesn't show a sale price in store, I check the website. When the site does show a sale, I check to see competitor's prices. Sometimes they have good deals, and other times, they might not.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The websites on RetailMeNot are nicely designed, easy to use, features are great, and have been trouble free for me. Shipping has been kept to a reasonable rate. It all depends upon the shipping rate of the website where the items are purchased. You can use the coupons for items bought at a retail store or on the internet. The products offered on RetailMeNot have been high quality and I don't have any problems with products I have received using this service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I have used RetailMeNot's coupons multiple times and have always been quite satisfied. The website is very easy to navigate and does not require any special computer skills to use. I have been very happy at how it shows the last times the coupons have been used and how successful they are by other users. RetailMeNot has a great app, which is very easy to use, and offers wonderful savings towards hundreds of stores. It is a great company overall and I will use again in the future. I have also told friends and family to use the app or the website.

RetailMeNot Company Information