Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.69/5

RetailMeNot

At RetailMeNot, we believe saving money is a big deal. That’s why we’re always exploring new ways to help you save anytime, everywhere! We have over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 stores at the ready. Our offers span all of your favorite categories like travel, clothing, food, beauty, grocery and prescriptions!

Check out our favorite ways to help you save:

- Our award-winning free RetailMeNot app

- Cash Back Offers—both in-store and online!

- Discount Gift Cards

- The Real Deal blog—featuring savings tips and breaking deals news

- RetailMeNot Genie™—the free plug-in for Chrome and Firefox that automatically applies coupon codes and cash back for you!

- RetailMeNot Everyday™—break out the scissors for grocery coupons and local deals

- RetailMeNot Rx Saver™—compare prices and get great prescription discounts (sometimes even better than what your insurance would provide)

Yours for the Saving™

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

RetailMeNot Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Created the first account with them because they had a 10% cashback offer for BestBuy. Followed the instruction step by step and made my eligible purchase in the "TopDeals" section, after I picked up my order a couple days later I got the email from them saying "BestBuy let us know you made a purchase" and it showed the pending cashback balance in my wallet which is good. A few days later when I checked again, I saw my pending become $0.0, went to look at my reward activity and to my surprise, I got marked ineligible now with this message "Ineligible due to suspected violation of Terms. Please contact Customer Care if you believe this was in error."

Of course, I believe is an error so I contacted the customer care and gotten a response that doesn't say the specifics and told me to email directly if I believe this is an error so I emailed and it says it could take 5 days for the review, Took all 5 days for a response and guess what the reply was? Basically the same as the first response I got, this is not acceptable, they are straight-up not putting any effort into this problem or simply at this point I feel like they are just trying to not pay out. I attached the picture of the responses.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Xinyi, we do apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused by receiving that message. While our customer care team is not able to provide you with the exact reason your account was suspended, your information was submitted to our risk assessment team who did make the decision to keep the suspension flag on your account based on their research. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I have never used this service, ever, yet they continue to spam my email inbox with junk despite me frequently following the unsubscribe links. I get upwards of 5-10 emails a day from them. I don't know whose email list they bought and use for marketing purposes, but I do not appreciate all their spam. Until I read the consumer reviews posted here I was convinced they were a phishing scam. Make your unsubscribe process actually work, please.

RetailMeNot response

Hi A, we're sorry to hear that you are receiving unwanted email communication from us. If you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com then we would be happy to look further into why you might be receiving those emails. If you would also like to forward us the most recent email that you've received then we would be happy to determine if this is an email from RetailMeNot or a phishing email from someone pretending to be our company. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I made my first purchase through RetailMeNot Wallet for a 10% discount to Best Buy. I made the order through their referral link and all seemed well. Picked up the order and waited a few days. Unfortunately my account never showed pending purchases. I contact Chat and they informed me my account had been suspended?!? It was my first time purchasing through them and opening an account. Their Chat couldn't give me any information on why my account was suspended. They wanted me to email them a bunch of information (Data) to see why it was suspended. Tried to call, but you can only leave a voice mail.

It's great that my account has been suspended with NO communication. No email? No information in my wallet? No Messages? Feels like a scam for them to collect my information, get me to purchase through their referral link so they get money, but then cancel my account so they don't have to pay out. You will notice many more complains about this exact same situation. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION OR USE THEIR SERVICES!!!

RetailMeNot response

Hi Adam, we are sorry to hear that you had this experience in using our site. We would love to look further into this if you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com. We will be able to do more research on your account and be able to provide you with any additional information we can.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I unsubscribed, and that seemed to work for a while, however, I recently got a bunch of junk that did not even have an address on it. You guys let your advertisers know you send their message to people who DON"T WANT IT? It just read:

[36/53] B060875 .>A S:0084 G:056478
1680389490 C1
DEL 10/08 6089 00394
************ECRWSS**C-066

BALTIMORE, MD 21218

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result of receiving these mailers. From the image provided, we can determine that these are blank mailers that your local carrier has delivered to you by mistake. The blank mailers are for customers who received a damaged one and need a replacement, not for general distribution. We highly suggest speaking with your local post office so the carrier can be corrected immediately.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I keep getting in my USPS mailbox flyers from RetailMeNot. Junk, Junk, Junk. I have requested on their site (Link->> https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe) at least 3 times over the past 4 months to stop receiving their junk. It is not the postal person as the address on the flyer is my address. These people just will not stop! Federal Trade Commission really needs to get involved with this company. This company is just as bad a "RedPlum". Scam, Scam, Scam and no way to get off their darn list. They say it can take up to six weeks to be removed from the mailing list. Hello!! It has been at least 12 weeks since the first time I requested to be removed.

Hello M,

We're sorry to hear that you are continuing to receive the RetailMeNot Everyday mailers after you have requested to be unsubscribed from the mailing list. Once you have submitted your request via the link https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe then you should be removed from the list however we would be happy to look further into this if you are able to send us a private message with your mailing address and email.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I began to use the cashback site to get cashback on my purchases. I made several purchases with the promise of getting cashback. However they targeted my account as suspicious activity. I have no idea what that means. I made several purchases. I even got emails for every purchase I made as promise cashback in 45 days. Never once was not able to log in. If you want to block me from your site you should not allow me access to sign in. Very shady practices.

They allowed to they credit for my purchase they just steal my cashback rebate. I emailed customer service and they just follow a script. I provided all the documents they requested and they take over week to respond that can not help at all. I will continue to share my stories so that people don't get fooled, and go to more reliable cashback program. A cashback program that won't lie to you like Retailmenot.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Val, in the email you received in regards to your account suspension, there is more complete information as to the reasons that your account was suspended. Please note that we do intermittently review our user base. As we see more history and data, your account could potentially be reinstated.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have been saving my money with RMN since last 5 years and indeed a happy customer I am. A few months back I tried to shop through their App but it really bothered me so I still rely on their website. When it comes to Macy's Promotional Codes RMN and CouponerStore.com are the best ones to visit. Highly recommended!

RetailMeNot response

Thank you so much for your feedback Dena! We're happy to hear that we can help save you money!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I've tried dozens of times, using a few different payment methods, emails, I've contacted them and tried giving multiple emails to verify, multiple phone numbers, my driver's license, my electric bill, offered business license info, etc. Went through the back and forth email, entering my info, several times and ultimately they say they'll get back in 24 hours after their support team reviews and I never get a response back. I have no idea what it is they want or their problem, like many sites like this, it's likely something that could be resolved in 5 seconds, if told what the hell the issue is and what they want that is of concern. For me it's a utterly worthless website and total waste of time. I'm in groups with other people who mostly are not having issue (a couple others are like me), but RetailMeNot always tell me they just sold out when I attempt to order and it always gets cancelled, which is complete baloney about the OOS excuse.

RetailMeNot response

Hello Dan! We are sorry to hear that you have had this issue with purchasing gift cards from our site. All gift card transactions do take up to 24 hours to process and you do receive an email notifying you that your transaction was either successful or canceled. While we do not ask for any kind of license or billing information, our order specialists are happy to assist you with your order should it be canceled. If you reach out to us on our help page, we're happy to look into this further.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Tried to order a gift card, after 4 hours I finally received notice it had been cancelled. I previously purchased a gift card from another site the same day without issue. No reason given for the cancellation. It would have been nice to know sooner than 4 hours later that my order was cancelled, and even nicer to actually have the order fulfilled. Don't sell something that you can't deliver. Also, there is apparently no way to contact them since the contact page is just a login for Salesforce.com that cannot be accessed.

RetailMeNot response

Hello John! We are sorry to hear you had trouble purchasing a gift card. All of our gift card orders can take up to 24 hours to fully process. While your order was cancelled, we do have order specialists who can look further into this and try to help you place a future successful order. You can contact us directly through our Help page. We look forward to you reaching out and assisting you further with this matter.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I recently tried using RetailMeNot's cashback program, where you link to a site through them and a small percentage goes into your virtual wallet. The idea is that you can get this money transferred to your PayPal account. After using this several times and waiting several weeks, I received an e-mail stating that it was ready. However, on multiple attempts to access my "virtual wallet", it asks for a six digit code. When I try to tell it to send the code to my e-mail, nothing happens. It is not in my spam folder. There is no way for me to access this money without the code they won't send me. Won't be using this again.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Sarah! We are sorry to hear that you are running into this issue! We would love to further assist you in accessing your RetailMeNot Wallet and redeeming your rewards. Please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at help.retailmenot.com. You can email or chat us through the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the page. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused and look forward to helping you resolve this matter!

RetailMeNot Company Information