2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.9/5 (254 ratings)

About RetailMeNot

At RetailMeNot, we believe saving money is a big deal. That’s why we’re always exploring new ways to help you save anytime, everywhere! We have over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 stores at the ready. Our offers span all of your favorite categories like travel, clothing, food, beauty, grocery and prescriptions!

Check out our favorite ways to help you save:

- Our award-winning free RetailMeNot app

RetailMeNot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Every time I try to contact customer service via telephone and leave a message no one ever calls you back. It is extremely unprofessional. I have a lot of issues I would like to address. There are also major issues with cash back offers that are deeply flawed, and that can't be falsely explained away or rationalized by staff.

RetailMeNot response

Thanks for your review Shamella. Our Customer Care team is online based, though all calls left to 512-777-2970 option 4 are returned by either phone call or email within 24 hours. I do apologize if we have missed you, but the best way to get in touch with our Customer Care team is through our help page. Please create a case so we may assist you with cash back! Link below.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Browser Extension started to spam me with scams, got so scared that I had a virus I had to take it to a shop. 200 bucks to learn that their browser thing was the cause, and to get it removed. Never trusting these frauds ever again, 9 times out of ten the codes they gave me never worked anyway. Showed McAfee and Norton antivirus ads, along with adult only websites, how DARE they allow such smut.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Cindy. We have not received any reports of this issue with Deal Finder RetailMeNot browser extension before. The browser extension cannot cause a virus.

Regarding having an issue with codes not working, we'd love to help. In the future, if you ever run into an offer not working please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team, we'll always do our best to try and help you find a code that will work :) https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2021

I gave a review of RetailMeNot weeks ago based on the fact that I had received an email saying I was getting a $30 rebate on a TV that I purchased. Then it never showed up as a pending transaction on their website. They responded telling me to wait until the end of the six week wait period for it to be verified. Today it turned up in my account and was paid to me. I am glad that I got it and it does make me feel better about using their service.

I did not give five stars because there are still some things I still do not like. You can't reach anyone by phone without leaving messages and I don't understand why all other rebates have always appeared on my account as pending after they contacted me but this one did not for over six weeks until today when it was paid out. I had no idea what was actually going on with it and $30 is a lot to just forget about. So all in all I can say I got the rebate. But the process needs to be more transparent so that customers know what is going on. This would prevent bad reviews and frustrated people trying to find out what happened with their rebates. Glad all turned out ok.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I recently purchased a TV at HSN and activated the 5% Retailmenot cash back offer. After completing the purchase I did get an email from Retailmenot saying I would have $30 back by the end of August for this purchase. I did not save the email because in the past once I got that email from Retailmenot, it appeared in my account. This time it did not. I waited a few weeks to see something in my account but there was nothing. Then I uploaded the packing slip with information about my purchase along with the same explanation I am giving here and was told I would get a response in 2-3 days. It has been over a week and I have heard nothing. I tried calling Retailmenot and no matter what department you choose it says no one is available.

Up to this point I have not had a problem with using Retailmenot. But I suspect that when it is a larger cash refund, it is ignored in hopes that no one will pursue it and they can get out of paying it. I will contact HSN about this if I don't get the refund and I will stop using Retailmenot and tell others to do the same. I am seeing too many other reviews saying the same thing about this company and now, I am sorry to say, I do not trust using it especially when there is a larger refund due. There are many other similar sites that I can use if they do not want to answer or correct this situation. I am not telling anyone not to use it. But be aware that if there is a problem, getting it corrected is vey difficult if not impossible. I am sorry they are doing this because in the past, it seemed to be a good site to use and reputable. Now I am very much doubting that.

RetailMeNot response

The Customer Care team is happy to help you. All cases submitted through our help page and all emails are responded to within 24 hours. Regarding calls, we do not have a call center but all voicemails left for Customer Care are returned within 24 hours as well. We confirmed this standard is being met.

Though we're unable to look into your account based off your review, if you were promised you'd have the reward by end of August, please allow that time to process it, as it is only August 10th.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I ordered a computer from Lenovo using a 15% off cash back link from RetailMeNot.com. The next day I received a notice that I had successfully initiated the cashback process and that I would be receiving $150 on a specified date about 6 weeks in the future. Now they’re telling me they are not going to pay me because they are accusing me of breaking their terms of service without any explanation. I know for a fact that I did nothing wrong. This is the first and only time I used their cash back service. I suspect they just don’t want to pay me because this was a larger cash back offer. It’s really frustrating because I made this purchase based on the fact that the cash back promised to me would be honored without RetailMeNot scamming me. Very disappointed. Please don’t count on RetailMeNot, especially if you are relying on any sort of significant cashback. They are a very shady, dishonorable company.

RetailMeNot response

We’d love to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. If you have not done so already, please submit your appeal. If you could send us the requested information to support@retailmenot.com, we’d be happy to escalate this to the correct teams to review further.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I am a professional shopper for stay at home seniors. I am a senior myself on a fixed income and this is my livelihood. It keeps my bills paid. I used to get all the grocery store ads delivered by the post office in my mailbox on Tuesdays. But approximately 8 to 12 months ago RetailMeNot took over the delivery of the store ads. In all of this time I have received my ads exactly three times. I have to call every single week for my ads so that I can plan out my day and shop for my senior customers. I have already lost one account because of RetailMeNot not delivering the ads.

Every time I have called until today I have been told that my delivery day is Tuesday. In my area the shopping ads for groceries starts on Wednesdays. I am usually at the store at 6:00 a.m. when they open to begin shopping for my seniors and my day is planned out completely on Tuesday nights based on the ads to get my senior customers the best possible prices on the groceries that they need. I call each of my seniors on Tuesdays and let them know approximately what their cost is going to be so that I can collect the money from them up front.

I am not financially independent and cannot pay for their groceries and then have them reimburse me. Every week I have to call RetailMeNot for my ads. Now they're telling me my delivery is on Wednesdays which does me no good and I am going to lose my business. My plan is to contact all of the stores that I usually shop at for groceries that use this company to deliver their advertisements and I am going to complain to them. RetailMeNot is a useless very poorly run company. If I could get them zero to a quarter star I would. They don't deserve any more than that.

RetailMeNot response

We are no longer associated with the Save mailer products - previously known as RetailMeNot Everyday. If you have a question or need assistance about the Save mailers, please visit them at  https://save.com/mailing/faq

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Very rarely do any of the coupon codes they provide for the restaurants I choose do they ever work. Especially true for Longhorn Steakhouse. Never been able to use a coupon there. Not worth my time to try anymore.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Jeff. Sorry to hear you had an issue using an offer. We'd love to look into this. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through our help page with the offer or offers you tried to use so we can hep you: https://help.retailmenot.com/s/contactsupport.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Absolutely deplorable BS scam of a site....How many times does someone have to chase them for cashback that I am owed!!!! One scripted excuse after another with the most inept customer service, I'm looking at you Mark and Nolan!! Avoid these scammers like the plague. They steal the cash back you are entitled to!!!! Thieves!!!

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize that you did not receive the level of service that you expected and that you are missing cash back rewards. We would love to resolve this issue with you if you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com and a manager can work with you to successfully resolve any problems you may have encountered with our site.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I have saved a good amount of money using the discount codes from ReTailMeNot. I have used the codes in store or online. Plus, I have gotten my cash back rewards on several purchases. I truly recommend this site to anyone who likes to shop, save money and get cash back rewards at certain stores!

Hi Dd!

Thank you for your review! We love being able to save you money on your purchases and look forward to saving you even more money in the future!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I am tired of this company littering. Each month(?) they deliver their papers in red bags all over lawns and sidewalks of my town. Most people don't want them as evidenced by the fact that they remain all over lawns and sidewalks in my town for a good long time. I refuse to do business with anyone that advertises with them. They allegedly have a form to opt out but the first time I filled it out I started getting two papers instead of one. I tried again and nothing happened, I still get two. People delivering physical papers great business model for 1972. I cannot believe that in this day and age any company would litter so blatantly.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience caused by the delivery of the RetailMeNot Everyday mailers. Mailers should only be delivered to customers who are subscribed to the distribution list so we would love to investigate this issue. If you would like to contact us at support@retailmenot.com with your mailing address, we are happy to escalate this issue to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Created the first account with them because they had a 10% cashback offer for BestBuy. Followed the instruction step by step and made my eligible purchase in the "TopDeals" section, after I picked up my order a couple days later I got the email from them saying "BestBuy let us know you made a purchase" and it showed the pending cashback balance in my wallet which is good. A few days later when I checked again, I saw my pending become $0.0, went to look at my reward activity and to my surprise, I got marked ineligible now with this message "Ineligible due to suspected violation of Terms. Please contact Customer Care if you believe this was in error."

Of course, I believe is an error so I contacted the customer care and gotten a response that doesn't say the specifics and told me to email directly if I believe this is an error so I emailed and it says it could take 5 days for the review, Took all 5 days for a response and guess what the reply was? Basically the same as the first response I got, this is not acceptable, they are straight-up not putting any effort into this problem or simply at this point I feel like they are just trying to not pay out. I attached the picture of the responses.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Xinyi, we do apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused by receiving that message. While our customer care team is not able to provide you with the exact reason your account was suspended, your information was submitted to our risk assessment team who did make the decision to keep the suspension flag on your account based on their research. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

RetailMeNot Company Information