Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.64/5

RetailMeNot

At RetailMeNot, we believe saving money is a big deal. That’s why we’re always exploring new ways to help you save anytime, everywhere! We have over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 stores at the ready. Our offers span all of your favorite categories like travel, clothing, food, beauty, grocery and prescriptions!

Check out our favorite ways to help you save:

- Our award-winning free RetailMeNot app

- Cash Back Offers—both in-store and online!

- Discount Gift Cards

- The Real Deal blog—featuring savings tips and breaking deals news

- RetailMeNot Genie™—the free plug-in for Chrome and Firefox that automatically applies coupon codes and cash back for you!

- RetailMeNot Everyday™—break out the scissors for grocery coupons and local deals

- RetailMeNot Rx Saver™—compare prices and get great prescription discounts (sometimes even better than what your insurance would provide)

Yours for the Saving™

View More View More

RetailMeNot Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I unsubscribed, and that seemed to work for a while, however, I recently got a bunch of junk that did not even have an address on it. You guys let your advertisers know you send their message to people who DON"T WANT IT? It just read:

[36/53] B060875 .>A S:0084 G:056478
1680389490 C1
DEL 10/08 6089 00394
************ECRWSS**C-066

BALTIMORE, MD 21218

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result of receiving these mailers. From the image provided, we can determine that these are blank mailers that your local carrier has delivered to you by mistake. The blank mailers are for customers who received a damaged one and need a replacement, not for general distribution. We highly suggest speaking with your local post office so the carrier can be corrected immediately.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I keep getting in my USPS mailbox flyers from RetailMeNot. Junk, Junk, Junk. I have requested on their site (Link->> https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe) at least 3 times over the past 4 months to stop receiving their junk. It is not the postal person as the address on the flyer is my address. These people just will not stop! Federal Trade Commission really needs to get involved with this company. This company is just as bad a "RedPlum". Scam, Scam, Scam and no way to get off their darn list. They say it can take up to six weeks to be removed from the mailing list. Hello!! It has been at least 12 weeks since the first time I requested to be removed.

Hello M,

We're sorry to hear that you are continuing to receive the RetailMeNot Everyday mailers after you have requested to be unsubscribed from the mailing list. Once you have submitted your request via the link https://www.retailmenot.com/everyday/unsubscribe then you should be removed from the list however we would be happy to look further into this if you are able to send us a private message with your mailing address and email.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I began to use the cashback site to get cashback on my purchases. I made several purchases with the promise of getting cashback. However they targeted my account as suspicious activity. I have no idea what that means. I made several purchases. I even got emails for every purchase I made as promise cashback in 45 days. Never once was not able to log in. If you want to block me from your site you should not allow me access to sign in. Very shady practices.

They allowed to they credit for my purchase they just steal my cashback rebate. I emailed customer service and they just follow a script. I provided all the documents they requested and they take over week to respond that can not help at all. I will continue to share my stories so that people don't get fooled, and go to more reliable cashback program. A cashback program that won't lie to you like Retailmenot.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Val, in the email you received in regards to your account suspension, there is more complete information as to the reasons that your account was suspended. Please note that we do intermittently review our user base. As we see more history and data, your account could potentially be reinstated.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have been saving my money with RMN since last 5 years and indeed a happy customer I am. A few months back I tried to shop through their App but it really bothered me so I still rely on their website. When it comes to Macy's Promotional Codes RMN and CouponerStore.com are the best ones to visit. Highly recommended!

RetailMeNot response

Thank you so much for your feedback Dena! We're happy to hear that we can help save you money!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I've tried dozens of times, using a few different payment methods, emails, I've contacted them and tried giving multiple emails to verify, multiple phone numbers, my driver's license, my electric bill, offered business license info, etc. Went through the back and forth email, entering my info, several times and ultimately they say they'll get back in 24 hours after their support team reviews and I never get a response back. I have no idea what it is they want or their problem, like many sites like this, it's likely something that could be resolved in 5 seconds, if told what the hell the issue is and what they want that is of concern. For me it's a utterly worthless website and total waste of time. I'm in groups with other people who mostly are not having issue (a couple others are like me), but RetailMeNot always tell me they just sold out when I attempt to order and it always gets cancelled, which is complete baloney about the OOS excuse.

RetailMeNot response

Hello Dan! We are sorry to hear that you have had this issue with purchasing gift cards from our site. All gift card transactions do take up to 24 hours to process and you do receive an email notifying you that your transaction was either successful or canceled. While we do not ask for any kind of license or billing information, our order specialists are happy to assist you with your order should it be canceled. If you reach out to us on our help page, we're happy to look into this further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RetailMeNot?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Tried to order a gift card, after 4 hours I finally received notice it had been cancelled. I previously purchased a gift card from another site the same day without issue. No reason given for the cancellation. It would have been nice to know sooner than 4 hours later that my order was cancelled, and even nicer to actually have the order fulfilled. Don't sell something that you can't deliver. Also, there is apparently no way to contact them since the contact page is just a login for Salesforce.com that cannot be accessed.

RetailMeNot response

Hello John! We are sorry to hear you had trouble purchasing a gift card. All of our gift card orders can take up to 24 hours to fully process. While your order was cancelled, we do have order specialists who can look further into this and try to help you place a future successful order. You can contact us directly through our Help page. We look forward to you reaching out and assisting you further with this matter.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I recently tried using RetailMeNot's cashback program, where you link to a site through them and a small percentage goes into your virtual wallet. The idea is that you can get this money transferred to your PayPal account. After using this several times and waiting several weeks, I received an e-mail stating that it was ready. However, on multiple attempts to access my "virtual wallet", it asks for a six digit code. When I try to tell it to send the code to my e-mail, nothing happens. It is not in my spam folder. There is no way for me to access this money without the code they won't send me. Won't be using this again.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Sarah! We are sorry to hear that you are running into this issue! We would love to further assist you in accessing your RetailMeNot Wallet and redeeming your rewards. Please reach out to our Customer Care team directly at help.retailmenot.com. You can email or chat us through the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of the page. Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused and look forward to helping you resolve this matter!

Original review: July 23, 2019

Codes never work. I have tried numerous items and code never works. Why run an app if you cannot verify what is going into your app. Surely you can hire people to verify each case works before attaching it to your site.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Shannon! We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using some of our offers. Sometimes offers are submitted without expiration dates and they are posted because they work at the time of submission. We work very hard to validate our offers to ensure you save the most with every shopping trip. We appreciate you bringing this up. If you find offers in the future that do not work for you, please reach out to our Customer Care team. We would be happy to test and remove any invalid offer. Thanks!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Hello. In a nutshell, I spent over $900 on an appliance at BestBuy. The promotion I used was for 16% cash back. I only received a little less than half of that percentage. What should I do? I’m not happy.

RetailMeNot response

Hello J. Thank you for using RetailMeNot and I apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience that this has caused. Each of our cash back offers have a max reward per purcahse. This can vary by merchant. In the case of the Best Buy offer available on 6/28, the max reward was $50. This was noted at the time of your offer activation as well as written in the offer details. Hope this helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Customer Care is here to help!

Original review: June 30, 2019

My farm spends a lot at Home Depot. I live a long way away so it is cheaper than return fuel to just buy 3 when maybe I need two or three and I can’t remember. Do I buy 1/2 inch or 3/4? I buy one of each. The next time I am at Home Depot I just return the one I don’t need. I use the automatic emailed receipts. I have separate folders for each tax year. Recently, I used a store credit to buy a Milwaukee battery. When I got home I realized that I had the 28 volt commercial tools and not 18 volt.

I had become so used to just saying I don’t need a receipt because my email/tax system works better than shoeboxes full of endless receipts that I have to pay someone to open each and put them onto a spreadsheet. God help me if I ever get audited and need to find a paper receipt from a myriad of Home Depot receipts. My store credit battery buy was just the usual and I said, “No receipt needed kind Home Depot sir." Well Home Depot has a glitch in their strategy and I paid the price when RetailMeNot nixed my battery return for even a store credit. The ivory tower folks at Home Depot have decided that there is no email receipt page during checkout, using that little credit card reader screen thing. You know the one that often can’t read your credit card, especially with a chip.

With RetailMeNot I am branded a criminal (I am a surgeon). I am stuck with an expensive battery I don’t need. There is no appeals page on their website. In fact, there are fewer words on their website than that Home Depot credit card reader machine. Now I have noticed that RetailMeSnot has send an appeals process to private people’s email addresses in reading some of these reviews. Do I have to wait for the Second Coming to get mine by divine providence? Must I write this review and hope that RetailMeSnot will think me worthy enough to also include my email in their appeals reply?

What about the next guy that gets the S.O.L. rejection receipt from Home Depot only to find that when he enters the given RetailMeSnot code on his computer he finds nothing that will help him resolve his problem. There is no appeals tab, no place to explain why he thinks he got a bum deal and no place to order a pizza whilst he has something to do to lessen his misery. Select all pictures that show me leaving Home Depot discussed and frustrated and feeling that what RetailMe Snot means to me is that I will start going somewhere else as Me Not Retail so much at Home Depot in the future, though at 2200 stores, they will MissMeNot.

RetailMeNot response

Hi Grant! I am sorry for any miscommunication or inconvenience, however, RetailMeNot does not process returns or issue store credit for purchases. The appeals process from RetailMeNot is for people who's RetailMeNot account have been suspended. This does not effect your ability to make a purchase or a return at a merchant's location or website. We recommend reaching out to Home Depot directly for further assistance with your battery. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

RetailMeNot Company Information