Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Playstation Vue
3.68/5

Playstation Vue

49 Playstation Vue Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Canceled PS Vue yesterday. Recurring voice sync issues, error code 020 repeating message. Those are real issues, but the kicker is does not allow viewing of NFL on subscribed channels. Lastly, tried several times to contact customer service, which is, in ps vue's case, a not so clever circular recording; ie press 1 for..., press 2 for..., press 2 for....; and return. Bad service and not giving what I paid for is one thing; making a mockery of "customer service" and circular recordings of customer service access just ended my patience with the service. I'm done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Multiple problems with PSVue on Roku. I have been streaming for the past year with Roku and have had no problems with Hulu and YouTube TV. Just started using PSVue for NFL Red Zone, and there have been nothing but problems. Favorites and "Recently Watched" are there sometimes, but then they just disappear; sometimes exiting out of PSVue and re-entering corrects the problem, other times this does not work. I should even have to do this. The PSVue forums page on the Sony website is loaded with many pages of numerous problems by many people. Only a very few of these posts have a reply from Customer Service. I sent a direct message to a customer service rep, and I have received no response. In at least two cases my posts on the forum have just disappeared. Customer service is impossible to contact. Stay away from this streaming service!

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

One just needs to go to the PlayStation Vue support forum to see the many problems that have been happening for weeks now. You cannot watch a channel for more than one show. As soon as the show ends, you get an "Oops!" screen. The audio and video are not in sync on some Roku devices. The stream suddenly stops during a show several times and then plays a different channel. You cannot record a show while watching it. If you have it set to record, you cannot watch it live. The guide also has problems. Sometimes your favorites do not show at the top and you have to scroll down to find them. Sometimes it does not show the actual shows that are playing at that time.

They also seem to be censoring certain commercials. The sound will cease and you will see a blue screen telling you that a commercial message is playing and you have to wait for the censored commercial to end before the sound comes back on and programming continues. Doing a quick check using another streaming service, the Dish commercials were censored. If people think that the support forum is not monitored, I started a new topic entitled "Enough!!!" and said that I canceled PS Vue and was now watching YouTube TV and it was Wonderful. I also questioned the censoring of commercials. My post showed for a few seconds and was promptly deleted before my very eyes. So far, YouTube TV is far superior to PS Vue. Now, that may change, but no more PS Vue for me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Website says you can cancel subscription any time. Multiple attempts over several days result in an error message that says “Your subscription status has not changed. Try updating it again in a few moments.” There is no e-mail or chat support. Calling the toll free number results in a recording that says “Due to higher than normal call volume, we are unable to answer your call. Good bye.” My next step is a registered letter to corporate headquarters and a dispute with the credit card company. Beware of the free trial. It is not worth it.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

This example is just what is wrong with the world today. Got PS Vue 5-6 months ago. Have a PC and Roku activated on the service. The first couple of months my payment was consistent but the last couple of months, without explanation, my charge is 5-6$ more each month. I say that because PS Vue changed something the latter part of last week making the Roku very hard to watch with this service. You have to pull up the guide (that way all along) and scroll to your selection.

Since last week the requested stream "fails to stream" and returns you back to a default channel (not one you ever selected but the last one viewed). You then again need to scroll to the desired location and the same thing happens all over again. This crap is not happening on the PC just the Roku.So, if you want to watch Judge Judy at 4 PM EST you need to go into the room with the PC because you will play hell getting on the ROKU now. It will stall out and do nothing.

Tried to get PS Vue support yesterday by phone. After much ado got chat. Their phone answered with a recording to try again later. How crazy unprofessional. The agent on chat told me they were aware of the problem but offered no info. as to when we could expect for this Roku thing to be resolved. I would have thought a credit should be offered for the inconvenience. Nothing..left with cruddy ROKU problems. My Roku screen is stuck on that screen. I had to leave the central part of the house to try to watch the show I wanted in the back bedroom ON THE PC.

I am not cancelling PS Vue yet. My subscription renews monthly on the 11th. Meaning the increased amount (again without explanation I PAID ON 8-11-19 SHOULD DARN WELL BE PAYING FOR THE FULL SERVICE AND NOT THIS CRAP) Sony may have gotten too big for its britches. Until 9/11/19 I have paid for full service. So, I want that now or a credit for 1/2 of the amount I paid on 8/11 ($70) since I am only able to use one half of the service. And, I think Sony could be more forthcoming with the anticipated resolution date re: the ROKU. Because, I see no indication re the Roku that anything is being resolved. Again, this is only the beginning.

I'm in my late sixties (and on a fixed SS retirement income). Anyway, I will go all sorts of public, all sorts of places until this Roku thing is fixed. I will not cancel ...no...Sony is going to have to deal with this. We, the public, spend our limited or hard-earned dollars on these services and it is not OK to not deliver the full contracted service without processing refunds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PlayStation Vue?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am so disappointed in PS4 Vue. Initially, it seemed like a good deal. $80/month and included sports, local channels and even HBO. It includes DVR. Cool! However, I am left feeling frustrated and annoyed. The most common issue is the constant freezing that occurs when watching live tv. It will freeze every 15-30 seconds for 5-10 seconds at a time making live tv unwatchable. We have had to restart the Vue every single day which is ludicrous. This does not happen when watching via the app so it must be something with the Vue via PS4?!

Another issue that is very common when watching live tv and saved shows is what I call deja vu. As you watch, suddenly it loops back 2-3 seconds and replays the exact same spot. It does it 10-15 times during a movie which is very annoying and disruptive. You advertise a streaming service - that has trouble streaming?!? Absurd! Don’t waste your money. Doing searches I have found this has happened all the way back to 2015 and still is not fixed. We will not be staying with this service. Thank you, next.

Original review: May 8, 2019

They took away NESN because they wanted to give their subscribers a good value! Said NESN was too much money. Broke contract. They took it away, but haven't reduced our price! Great value? I think they're just interested in making more and more money! Awful.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am trying to get a few questions answered prior to signing up for streaming service subscription. I have tried the online chat 3 times over the last 5 days and the "bot" cannot answer my questions. When I asked for a "live agent" I fill out my information and the online message (3 different days) states, "There are 10/11/10 people ahead and we usually answer within 10 minutes." Well after 62 minutes the first time, 47 minutes the second try and tonight 1 hour 5 minutes and no agent chat yet, I hung up. So, going back to the older technology I called the online support phone number twice over the last 3 days and the message is, "your hold time should be less than 60 minutes"! After holding for 76 minutes, I hung up. I guess Playstation Vue has enough customers. By the results of their "support" systems I have to say they are Horrible.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Have tried another streaming service before switching to PS Vue. PS Vue works pretty well, better than DTV Now, however it does freeze occasionally and no it's not my Wi-Fi. I have 300 MBPS up & down fiber service. My main complaint is seeing the Sony Crackle and the STUPID Cartoon Network commercial at least once nearly EVERY commercial break. Absolutely sick of them! You might also ask why am I complaining here instead of directly to PS Vue, I wish I could find a place to complain to. When at the PlayStation help page and click on Vue help or chat you get a blank screen so they obviously don't want to hear from you. Would I change services? I keep looking at others but can't find anything that provides more for the money so I guess I will stay for a while longer.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was looking at streaming services. I decided to sign up for PlayStation Vue. In my account it had no info about my past activity. When I signed up it said I was getting a free trial. I was under the impression I was getting a free trial. When I got my credit card bill it showed I was charged the same day I signed up. I called customer service and the guy told me that over a year ago I had a free trial and can not get another one. Nowhere in my account could I find this. I was deceived by their website. It seem after I signed up I was getting the free trial. Shortly after I signed up I canceled the service. That was within days after I got the service. They are charging me for a whole month. I have a new service and do not need their service. They refuse to give me a refund. They have stolen my money.

They need to change the way they do business. It seems they use deceptive practices for them to make money. It also seemed it is hard to close your account. The guy on the phone said he would do that. He did not. I am a senior citizen and do not use this account. I do not want an account with these people. I will file as many complaints as I can until I get a refund that is due to me.

PlayStation Vue expert review by Jonathan Trout

PlayStation Vue is an online video streaming service owned by Sony. Choose from four packages: Access, Core, Elite and Ultra, and watch your favorite local, sports, news and more with multi-channel plans. Each plan has cloud-based DVR so you can pause and come back to your favorite programs anytime.

• Access plan: The Access plan is $39.99 per month and comes with a five-day free trial. It comes with over 40 channels including ABC, FOX, FS1, ESPN, FX, TBS, TNT and more. You can add the sports package for $10 more per month as well as standalone channels like HBO.

• Core plan: The Core plan is $44.99 per month with a five-day free trial. It comes with over 50 channels, with a focus on sports and popular TV. Popular sports channels include NFL Network, NBA TV, MLB Network and more regional sports networks.

• Elite plan: The Elite plan is $54.99 and comes with a five-day free trial. In addition to having the Core plan’s sports and popular TV channels, it focuses on movies. It includes more family and movie channels like Epix Hits, Machinima, AMC and more.

• Ultra plan: The Ultra plan is $74.99 and comes with a five-day free trial. It offers over 90 channels, including all channels from the previous packages plus premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and more.

• Supported devices: You can stream PlayStation Vue on 4th generation Apple TVs, Android TVs, Chromecast, iOS and Android devices, Roku and Amazon Fire TV.

• Multiple devices: You can stream PlayStation Vue on up to five devices at one time.

• Best for: people who don’t mind paying a little more for more channels.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout