1.68/5

595 Sony PlayStation Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I am not a pro but I enjoy playing the game and it helps me relax. I use to play a game called Spyro. Will you be rebuilding this game. I also played Breath of Fire, which was a good game too. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My son purchased a PS4+ 12 and it charged me twice, I contacted C/S and even though they see the double transaction they are only giving me the credit in wallet dollars to spend with them. This is shady business practice. Kelly the c/s agent, says this is the company policy and that's all she can do. This is stealing and unethical behavior by the company and needs to be treated as fraud. How many accounts that are double charged go unnoticed? Even if you do notice the company keeps the money anyways. "Company policy"??? Sony is defrauding its customers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

We have every Playstation system and they all still work. We love Playstation, it’s a well-made product. Any time we have had problems they have been rectified by manufacturing company. I will keep buying these systems just because the product has always worked for us.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I will never change my system. Have a PlayStation, I happy with the system. The graph is a gate that way that control feel it’s better than the Xbox. I think this system is getting better and better games same.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Me and my other cousins got PS4s for Christmas and we all try to verify our accounts and it keep saying, "Error this page can't be explored," and we tried the next day and still said the same thing. We kept trying and it won't work. We tried support but nothing came up with our situation. I also have friends that had the same problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

So my son is in the military and stationed in another state, away from his PS4. Someone hacks his account and makes 3 purchases of $99.99. They log him out of all chat room and forums linked to his account. Set their PS4 as primary and deactivated his. I have proof of how long it's been since his PS4 has even been active. Gave Sony all the info needed (IP, Mac Lan, Mac Wifi) to prove the purchase didn't come from his PS4 because they state it came from a PS4 logged in with only his account. Sony will not refund.

Apparently the purchased items were "in game" purchases and used. That shouldn't matter. They have the information needed to know that the account was hacked. They can trail where the purchases were made, but they are more worried about protecting themselves than protecting the consumers. Then to top it off, if you dispute the charges with the company that the purchases were charged to, Sony locks your account until you pay that amount. You lose anything you actually DID purchase yourself through the years. So either way you are stuck paying for something you didn't do. Thanks SONY for NOTHING.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I’ve owned almost every game system on the market, but the ps4 has the most options. The menus are easy to navigate, and it has many great features like storage, wifi, Bluetooth, etc. The games available are sure to offer for everyone.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

PS4 is the best. I only play the sports games. I’m 72 years old and I love the PS4. I’ve tried others but I don’t like them like I like the PS4. I play the basketball, baseball ⚾️, hockey and football games.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

It feels really good, whenever, I'm playing the Ps4. Very easy manipulation for an older person. I use the ps4 as a relaxation technique, whenever, I feel stressed. Ps4 makes my day. I often compete with others, whenever I'm feeling competitive.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My toddler purchased almost $160 worth of content without my knowledge. The first person I called helped me to set up security and guaranteed a refund within 3-5 business days as a “show of good faith”. Refund was suddenly denied, citing I had used the content (nobody had even been on my account in days) and they informed me that it didn’t matter what the first guy told me that they don’t do refunds. Thanks, Sony. Trading in my PS4 and going to Microsoft. Maybe their customer service isn’t complete rubbish.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've only ever used the PS One, it's really simple to use and it plays my games. I had my first one for 10+ years, had to replace it because the video capabilities went bad. The replacement works just as good as the original.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Got hacked today. The hacker wasted my wallet balance (30$), thankfully I did not have any working payment methods attached. I regained control of the account and contacted Sony customer support asking for a refund or at least a punishment for the hacker (that would give me some consolation). They said about the punishment: "We can't go that far, he did it from the browser and we don't have his PS4 tracked" (untrue - he clearly did log in from PS4 because my PS4 got deactivated as primary and I was logged out with a message saying that someone logged in on another device, that does not happen when you log in from browser).

Since they told me that he did it from browser, I asked if the game was ever downloaded. They said NO, but still refused to refund it since all sales in US store are final (apparently, even if they are fraudulent). They never challenged my version and never told they don't believe me it was a fraud. Plain and simple they said - "we're sorry for this (fraud), but we'll do nothing about this. All transactions are final, goodbye."

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The PS is a well-built system. Graphics are very good. Response time on the joystick are excellent. Price is very reasonable. Although it could have more memory will make it much more appealing. It is a great value compared to the competition.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

So, my experience may not be as major as others but I'm still pissed off. I was charged $30 for PlayStation Plus my son signed up for without me knowing. I called customer support and was told they would grant me a one time refund. 10 days later still nothing. I have online chatted with two of their staff and were told the money was refunded back to my virtual wallet and I agreed to it. NO I DID NOT! I even have the confirmation email from the person stating my refund would come back to me in so many days. Now they just tell me there is nothing they can do since the first agent refunded it to the wallet. Serious scammers!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I found the controller to be difficult to use. And it took too much time to charge. Overall I think the PS3 to be not user friendly. I wouldn’t recommend the PS3 to a beginner user. Some games just seem to be too repetitive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My son was thinking he was getting things for free and payment was defaulting to my credit card without my authorization. Purchasing crap on Fortnite. Anyway, 300$ in and I got a notification from the bank. I immediately disputed the charges with the bank and called Sony. I was told they would refund my money because I was eligible for a "goodwill" gesture. The woman at Sony told me that if the credit card dispute goes through, that would be fraud since they are refunding me my money and also refunding the card. She also told me they would ban my son's account, not allowing him to play any of the thousands of dollars worth of games he has already paid for.

I told her that's like getting caught stealing from a store and the store comes to your house and takes all the things you paid for... It doesn't work like that. She assured me that if I cancelled the credit card dispute all would be well and within 5 days the money would be refunded. I cancelled the dispute, but it was too late not to cancel my card. After reading some of these reviews, now I'm glad that card was cancelled. Anyway, three days later my son gets an email stating that the refund could not be done due to "terms of service."

I called Sony and went through two agents and a supervisor. All told me the same variety of things, all resulting in a "too bad, so sad" scenario along with the same threat to ban my son's account. The last supervisor told me they couldn't refund the money because it was essentially already spent (on unused "v-bucks") and if they receive a chargeback from MasterCard they will bill my son for the "v bucks"... I told him that's not how it works. I explained; If I dispute a charge to Sony on my credit card, that issue is now between the credit card company and Sony.

If Sony refunds my credit card, that's where it ends. If Sony used the money to purchase imaginary things in the game then that's Sony's problem and if they have a legitimate issue with it they should not have accepted the chargeback. They cannot charge a minor to pay back the money they were made to pay back to me. He disagreed with me and told me again, if I pursue the dispute with the bank, my son's account would be banned and he would not be able to play his games until the debt was paid. He assured me they were not "taking" his games, just his access to them... I asked the supervisor to explain to me how that is not extortion. He had no answer except that they were not taking the games, merely access.

It is the very definition of extortion. Pay us the $300 or you lose "access" to your $3000 already spent. Then there's "pre-orders." My son has also spent $90 on some digital pre-order that we will never have access to if I dispute the $300! Unflippingbelievable! I have never seen such a brazen scam. And the more I look into this, it wreaks... Sony's got kids buying "Gift cards" to load their "wallet" and buying digital versions of games that can be taken away from them at the drop of a hat. I thought the "membership" was sneaky but this is a whole new level of institutional piracy. If kids make a mistake with their purchase and actually get a refund, it goes in this "wallet." Uh... that's not real money. Talk about shopping at the company store...

Kids, do not buy any digital games, "skins" or whatever these snakes try to get you to buy. They can take it away, you can never resell it, if you close your account or you get banned you own NOTHING. This is an elaborate, but old scam revisited for the digital age of "gift cards" and they're preying on kids. These ** are bandits, absolute bandits. Do not give Sony a penny, this company deserves to burn to the ground for stealing lemonade-stand money like they do. If you work for this company, quit. You do not want that karmic load.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Platform is good performing, but the attempts to chisel out a monthly fee are off putting. We all stick more with PC games to avoid the establishment costs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I think video games are a good way of living out different kinds of life goals, playing sports, being in wars, going to new and different places, it keeps your mind sharp and engaged. Helps deal with stressful times.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Playstation is game console but blu-ray disc player for movies. My kids enjoys its does both and it downloads demos and videos. The tutorial videos gave you a lot of eye sight on how to troubleshoot or request for service online.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I requested a refund of a purchase the same day, and was told all sales are final. They didn't care that I had no way of knowing that this particular item could not be used by all users on my PS4. All other purchases I have made could be used by all users, but somehow this was different with no warning. Be very careful when purchasing. Customer service refused to escalate my problem or even give me the contact information to submit a complaint.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have 2 complaints about this rip-off company! First, I was trying to purchase v-bucks for my 10 yr old son with my debit card. Every time we clicked the button for complete the order, an error message popped up. We went thru the process again and at the end an error message popped up. We were thinking the transaction didn't go thru, so we kept trying until we finally got the congratulations message. After a few minutes I start to receive 10 emails thanking me for my purchases. I immediately try to contact PlayStation network to remove these charges, because of the error message. But when I called the 1 800 number, I get telemarketing options! This was on a Saturday. I waited until Monday to try and call the 1 800 number again, and finally got a representative. I was better off talking with the telemarketer!

Long story short they told me they didn't have a refund policy and they were not going to refund me my money. I wanted to be done with them then, but my 10 year old was pleading with me to let him keep it. I contacted my bank and was able to have my funds refunded back to my account. Second complaint! We are trying to reset the password to my 10 yr old account, and the system is saying his birthday is invalid...and so is mine! I'm done with this company! I hope and pray this Godzilla of a company and its horrible customer service come crashing down sooner than later. I will NEVER buy another Sony product, let alone PlayStation, and I will tell anyone with ears to boycott this miserable company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My son bought some game loot and PSN charged us 2x for the $84.99 purchase. I tried to get this resolved as I watched my son make the purchase and I put the password in to make the purchase. I called customer support twice to try to get resolved. They were unable to help us. I disputed the charge with PayPal. Paypal refunded us the money but then PSN banned my son's account and would not lift the ban until I paid the fee. I called PSN again and they actually told me that the game had glitched but my only option would be to pay the money to get the ban lifted. Unreal!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My PS4 lasted 2 months and went into the blue screen of death. It takes a week to get the shipping box and I returned it that day. 7 days later they show it's still not received. Don't count on this machine to get repaired any time soon, going to try X-Box.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Just bought a PS4. Seen after 5 days of owning notice multiple charges. Made contact. Sony they refuse to do anything at all. Customer service ended the conversation while I was still talking and that was a supervisor. Spoke to him for maybe 1 or 2 min most. They lack customer support. If I could give them less stars I would. By the way, had my Xbox One since day one til now never had a single issue. What a mistake.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

In November of 2018 my PlayStation Plus Network membership was going to expire and I received a notification that the expiration will be in 7 days. I then renewed the membership by using my credit card which was charged $60 for the year. A few days later I received another notification saying that my account will expire soon therefore I figured the first charge did not go through and charged my card again for $60 which renewed my membership. I checked my credit card statement and noticed that I got charged twice and disputed one of the charges since I shouldn't have been charged twice. After disputing one of the charges my PlayStation Plus Network account was locked/banned. At this point I called customer service and they said that even though I paid twice, because I disputed the first charge they have to ban my account.

So I decided to dispute the second charge as well since they're going to lock my account. Customer Service said that I had to purchase a 12 month PS4 membership card from Amazon in order to activate my account again which I did for $59.99 but after applying that information it didn't work. It turns out I had to buy a $60 Voucher card not the 12 month membership card so now I purchased another card. $120 later and my account is activated. However, the second credit card charge dispute kicked in and they froze my account yet again a month later even though I already paid $120 work of Amazon PS4 activation codes for 2 years.

Called customer service and they told me I had to get another $60 PS4 Voucher card in order for the account to be activated again. Now I'm $180 into this for 3 years that was forced on me otherwise my account would still be locked even though I paid $120 for two years through Amazon PS4 card activations. This was horrible customer service from Sony and their Playstation Interactive Department. I had to spend $180 not by choice all because I disputed a double credit card charge on my account. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever come across.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

My account was suspended when I responded to a player using the racist name "**" in a game. Because of my response, Sony says I violated their terms of use and says they cannot lift my suspension. Their support staff has no empathy and are about as helpful as a bullet in the head, which would at least be less painful than having to talk to them. I tried online chat but got disconnected. When I tried to log back in for another chat the system says "Looks like we just chatted with you. Sorry we could not fix your issue. Please try again later."

Since my account is suspended I cannot use a forum for assistance. I tried calling and was told that there is nothing they can do and they cannot provide a phone number, website or email address for somebody to handle my situation, only a physical address. I find it extremely difficult to believe that their Consumer Affairs department doesn't have a phone number or email address. Their policy and procedure is allowing players to be discriminatory. I will be hiring a lawyer.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I will never buy anything from PlayStation again. I had to cancel my card information cause someone pre purchased a game that don't come out for another 3 months. I did not authorize this purchase and the guy kept repeating himself they don't do refunds. They are helping commit fraud.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Sony won't refund me a Preorder game "OverKill the Walking Dead." Developer bankrupt because used already used a refund in past. Spent over $6000 on PSN games and been a plus member since they start it. Already built my gaming pc. but enjoy playing console because of fewer cheaters. Guess hook up Xbox One S and PC. AVOID BUYING ANYTHING ON PLAYSTATION STORE because won't get a refund.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My PSN account was hacked on the 21st of December and about $500 of purchases were made with child accounts that were created after my account was compromised. After talking with support I was able to get my account restored 2 days later and was told that the refund process would take a little bit longer. Fast forward to the 30th and I find out that my refund was denied for "reasons." I talked with support and basically their answer is "Sucks to be you, at least you have your account again." They said they could not refund the games because they were used before the refund request went through and the child accounts that were created were banned... BY them.

The thief bought about 9 different games, games I never played before, or never had interest in. I told them that this is impossible. My account was hacked and obviously whoever stole my account is the one who played the games. They essentially just told me to eat the loss and deal with it. I tried settling for at least giving me access to the games that were purchased or even giving me credit for the loss but they refused to do that as well. I will take responsibility for the fact that maybe my account wasn't as secure as it could have been but I figured they could at least do something, ANYTHING even. I've been loyal to Playstation since the first console was released and have had an active PS Plus membership for years and this is how I get repaid, utterly absurd. I saved the chat transcripts for future use.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I initially bought a 12-month subscription to Plus hoping to apply it to my wife's and daughter's PS4s in an account share type situation. After doing so, we quickly realized it would not work out like we hoped and I proceeded to cancel mine in favor of just doing ones for the Wife and Daughter as I wouldn't play as much as them. I was able to get a customer service agent on the phone Christmas eve within 10 mins and request the refund. I was told they would do a one time refund as a courtesy. Then I was told it could only be refunded to the PlayStation wallet and not back on my credit card. To which I asked if there was a way I could use those funds in the wallet to buy the plus subscription for my wife, and was told there was no way to share or gift the funds.

After requesting the refund - back to the wallet, I got off the phone with them only to find out a few days later that the money in the wallet was gone again. But not refunded to my credit card, but was used to by a plus subscription again under my PSN name. I called customer support again and was told they would not refund it again, even though I didn't authorize to buy the subscription again. Apparently, the customer service rep did not disable the auto-renew feature nor did he tell me it would buy it again (even though the renewal date should have been a year from now). It seems they intentionally misled me to allow this situation of having a PlayStation Plus subscription I don't want, to happen.

As per my credit card agreement, I am disputing this charge to charge it back as I have not received a refund for this 12-month subscription I canceled the same day I started it. I wish anyone reading this to hopefully be more aware of Sony's policies and deceptive practices meant to "keep your money". I've heard PlayStation is supposed to have great customer service, but this is quite indicative that they do not.

Sony PlayStation Company Information