Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Playstation Vue
3.75/5

Playstation Vue

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Playstation Vue Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2019

They took away NESN because they wanted to give their subscribers a good value! Said NESN was too much money. Broke contract. They took it away, but haven't reduced our price! Great value? I think they're just interested in making more and more money! Awful.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am trying to get a few questions answered prior to signing up for streaming service subscription. I have tried the online chat 3 times over the last 5 days and the "bot" cannot answer my questions. When I asked for a "live agent" I fill out my information and the online message (3 different days) states, "There are 10/11/10 people ahead and we usually answer within 10 minutes." Well after 62 minutes the first time, 47 minutes the second try and tonight 1 hour 5 minutes and no agent chat yet, I hung up. So, going back to the older technology I called the online support phone number twice over the last 3 days and the message is, "your hold time should be less than 60 minutes"! After holding for 76 minutes, I hung up. I guess Playstation Vue has enough customers. By the results of their "support" systems I have to say they are Horrible.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 5, 2019

Have tried another streaming service before switching to PS Vue. PS Vue works pretty well, better than DTV Now, however it does freeze occasionally and no it's not my Wi-Fi. I have 300 MBPS up & down fiber service. My main complaint is seeing the Sony Crackle and the STUPID Cartoon Network commercial at least once nearly EVERY commercial break. Absolutely sick of them! You might also ask why am I complaining here instead of directly to PS Vue, I wish I could find a place to complain to. When at the PlayStation help page and click on Vue help or chat you get a blank screen so they obviously don't want to hear from you. Would I change services? I keep looking at others but can't find anything that provides more for the money so I guess I will stay for a while longer.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was looking at streaming services. I decided to sign up for PlayStation Vue. In my account it had no info about my past activity. When I signed up it said I was getting a free trial. I was under the impression I was getting a free trial. When I got my credit card bill it showed I was charged the same day I signed up. I called customer service and the guy told me that over a year ago I had a free trial and can not get another one. Nowhere in my account could I find this. I was deceived by their website. It seem after I signed up I was getting the free trial. Shortly after I signed up I canceled the service. That was within days after I got the service. They are charging me for a whole month. I have a new service and do not need their service. They refuse to give me a refund. They have stolen my money.

They need to change the way they do business. It seems they use deceptive practices for them to make money. It also seemed it is hard to close your account. The guy on the phone said he would do that. He did not. I am a senior citizen and do not use this account. I do not want an account with these people. I will file as many complaints as I can until I get a refund that is due to me.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Purchased an Amazon Fire Stick to set up our PS Vue TV. Not able to connect after many attempts. Called customer service and said there was no email address on file. Called technical support and they said they have our email address (2 on file) and have no record of us using the service. We paid for one and a half months and were told ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO REFUND. But later by a manager, George we needed to call within 7 days to discuss any credit, etc. Therefore, no refund for no service. After reading MANY complaints about PS Vue, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PlayStation Vue?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have had this service now for about two weeks. I like the programming that is available for the cost, and the guide, however there are problems. It can be difficult to navigate, finding what you want. When I record a program in the DVR and go back later to watch, the program date is wrong. I recorded a daily news show that aired on Feb 21, 2019, in the DVR it was listed as 8/15/2012. And regarding shows you record on a daily basis, you would think when you go to the DVR the one it would highlight would be the most recent, just the opposite, so you have to click through all the old shows to find the recent one. All the options it has listed down the left side of the screen, i.e. trending, DVR, sports, etc, should be listed with the other menu options at the top of the page. Not sure I am going to keep this service, needs lots of work to make it user friendly. Also don't appreciate that they have no link for providing feedback.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Was a loyal customer of PlayStation VUE for two years until they cancelled us with no prior warning. I decided to try DirecTV Now and am pretty happy with the service. For the same price for the most basic service, I get more channels and HBO. All good! I will never go back to a streaming service that just cancels their customers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

It’s been a BAD, BAD, BAD service. I hate them because it’s so bad you can’t even watch TV in peace, it will restart almost everyday, keep changing channel line up. Today I have Tampa channel, tomorrow it will be Orlando. I can’t even watch movies that was recorded. I went with this awful company thinking it’s better than cable. What a awful mistake. My son and me decided to cancel this service and we still had about 2 more weeks before it ends and they got worse and worse. This has been a nightmare. Customer service will play stupid when you call. So be aware and good luck. We went back to Verizon Fios.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

You would think that such a large company like this would be able to develop a better app. Shows get interrupted and all you see is a black screen with the channel name & logo. This requires either maneuvering around the app or exiting altogether and reloading the app to continue watching the show. Or, when a show ends while watching live TV, instead of going to commercial and the next show on live TV, I get bumped to the shows DVR screen. Again having to maneuver back to the channel or leaving the app & reloading it. These are just two examples of the frustrating bugs I encounter every day.

I’ve called and gone on live chat with customer service representatives and gotten nowhere. One told me how to clear the cache of the TV, and that helps for a few hours, but then the bugs start again. They are otherwise useless. After reading reviews on multiple sites, it seems I’m not the only one with these problems. And it’s not related to my ISP, modem or router, or internet speed. I stream live TV with Amazon and never have any problems.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Don’t expect to be able to watch Playstation Vue TV service on Sony Playstation Game Centers. Yes you can use them, but half the time you will have black screens, error codes, false accuses about internet speed, etc. I have fiber optic cable with 100 speed Internet service, all other services (Netflix, Amazon, etc.) work fine in my home, in the same area as the PS4 PRO, with no issues. PlayStation Vue was never good and has gotten worse. The app and service works much better on my iPad; however, I’m not paying $80 a month to watch on my iPad as the main service. It works better on Roku device than the PS4 Pro, the PS4, or an older PS3 but still with inconsistencies. Plain and simple their app/service is horrible. Will be switching soon.

Playstation Vue Company Information