3.72/5

44 Playstation Vue Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Don’t expect to be able to watch Playstation Vue TV service on Sony Playstation Game Centers. Yes you can use them, but half the time you will have black screens, error codes, false accuses about internet speed, etc. I have fiber optic cable with 100 speed Internet service, all other services (Netflix, Amazon, etc.) work fine in my home, in the same area as the PS4 PRO, with no issues. PlayStation Vue was never good and has gotten worse. The app and service works much better on my iPad; however, I’m not paying $80 a month to watch on my iPad as the main service. It works better on Roku device than the PS4 Pro, the PS4, or an older PS3 but still with inconsistencies. Plain and simple their app/service is horrible. Will be switching soon.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I live in the country but have access to high speed internet. I love Playstation Vue. A lot of people, I think, are trying to win a race with a Prius. I have not experienced an exorbitant amount of freezing or buffering with the Playstation Vue. But I pay extra to have the high speed internet that is necessary for a better experience when streaming video.

I saw someone said they hate that you have to have a Playstation console in order to get it. This is NOT true. We do have a console but we use a computer connected to our other television to get it on there as well. I believe they also made it available on a Roku device. I can even get it on my phone, if I want - including access to our DVR.

If it were totally up to me, I would cut cable all together and just go with OTA digital channels and Netflix. But hubby is addicted to his sports channels. So this is a good compromise with most all the channels at half the price of what we were paying DirecTV (which had a lot of issues with pixelating during storms and we get a lot of them in this area). Does the service have issues or things I think it could improve? Yes, of course. But factoring the price versus what you get, this is a great alternative to traditional cable or satellite providers.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We cancel cable TV even if it was cheapest than this crap to get a few more channels. But the constant kickback, freezing, restart and lost time waiting every day, had to restart a lot of times. Of course customer service play stupid like, "Wow. This never happened before." I report the issues but nothing like always. We might go back to cable if this is not fixed soon. This service does not work as state on TV. Like the title says bad, bad, bad. And one more thing, customer service love to play stupid.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Website lists that “All multi-channel plans" include “Pop” channel. When I could not access the station, I called the service center who said it is a mistake on the website and they would only give me a five dollar voucher even though it’s a false statement on their part. Time to cancel.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

While the overall delivery of the included channels is decent, the constant freezing of the feed gets old. Would give their customer service a poor rating but the problem is that they really don't have customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PlayStation Vue?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

[Let me begin by saying I'm a software developer and beta tester so I know how to test and pinpoint technical issues. I have high speed internet (100/25 Mbps) that goes down less than once a month on the average. This problem has NEVER occurred with Netflix or Amazon Prime broadcasts.] I've been using PSVue for a couple of years, and generally am pleased. My biggest issue is broadcasts (recorded and live) freeze on almost a daily basis.

I've contacted tech support, and nothing is ever acknowledge as an issue, or resolved. The freeze lasts for 10-30 seconds, and for the most part resumes by waiting it out, but sometimes it doesn't (then you have to switch channels, and then go back to the one that froze). Something is wrong, and it doesn't seem to be from the broadcaster - NBC, CBS, TNT, etc. In my opinion it's a PSVue (Sony) issue and for me has not been a slow internet issue, as I'm connected via ethernet not WiFi. When will PSVue acknowledge there's an issue and get it resolved?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Constant Freezing and restarts and lost time waiting. Today alone, I have had to restart more than a dozen times. I report the issues and am told "thank you for reporting" but nothing changes. Going back to cable if this is not fixed soon. This service does not work as stated. Piss Poor Customer Service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My wife, Kate, and I really wanted PS Vue to work. We downloaded the app, purchased a Chromecast ultra and even have a PS4. Unfortunately, the viewing experience on the Vue (streaming and thru PS4) was intolerable. Live video would skip and change channels and the fast forward feature is almost impossible to “get right.”

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Have been a loyal PlayStation customer since the PlayStation 1. Have never had any issues with customer service or tech support that is until I signed up for the free trial of PlayStation Vue. Signed up on May 31st to try to watch the NBA finals. Could not watch the finals and immediately canceled... Next day was charged for a full month of service. Did not notice as I had it set up to renew my PlayStation Plus through PayPal until the next month. They charged me again and it over-drafted. Call immediately for a refund but was only given a refund for one month not a full refund. When I called to complain they said even though they seen I did not use the service pass the one day of the supposed free trial they could not return my money because that was against their policy LOL... Went through my bank for a refund and they deleted my account and now I cannot even access games I have already paid for. I will be switching to Xbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

For the amount I ended up paying PlayStation to try to watch football, I might as well stuck with my local service provider. The first game of the NFL season was this evening and guess what... After adding on the "Sports Package" and the NFL network, I found out that I would not be able to watch the very first game of the season until 4 AM... I canceled my subscription to VUE and got a refund for the "Sports Package" in which they were advertising "Live Football". They even had the audacity to display the "Live" game on the PS4 home screen. I haven't been happy with Sony for a while and I think this is my final straw, maybe it's time to go over to Xbox totally.

Playstation Vue Company Information