1.2/5 (206 ratings)

About Lids.com

Lids.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: March 23, 2021

I made a return and asked for my receipt back and I was denied... When I came in the associate was on a personal call and I waited although I shouldn't have to. I greeted her and she didn't greet me back... Fine. I explained I had a return. She asked why, I stated it had nothing to do with the hat. She snatched my receipt and I asked her "Did you just snatch my receipt ma'am?" And she said, "No why would I do that"? I stated, "You did, so only you can answer that." I explained she didn't greet a customer and made me wait for her on a personal phone call.

I explained that, "I am the only customer so you can continue your call when your done with me so please don't be rude"... She abruptly wanted me to sign a receipt and said, "Have a good day!" I asked for my original receipt with the returned receipt and she gave me nothing!! She stated, "Store policy is no return receipts!!" I have never heard of such.. I asked her name and she refused. She stated she does not give her information out.. I expressed I would be lodging a complaint and it was then I asked to take a picture of my receipt and also recorded her disgusting customer service. She then states her name is Taylor.... I will NEVER SPEND MY MONEY HERE AGAIN....

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I went to Lids at Concord Mills and the worker had an attitude before I even went inside. Because of Covid, they only allowed a few people inside at a time, which I understood so I did not mind waiting. He first had an attitude when he let the door down and told me I had to wait. Once I went inside, I politely asked for help with customizing a hat and he still acted as if he did not want to help me so I just said thank you and left empty handed. This experience bothered me because I work in customer service as well so I understand how annoying it can be at times, but treating customers poorly when they’re being nothing but respectful to you is unacceptable. This is not how you should treat people who are coming to spend money with you.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

My son went into Lids to have a picture put on a hat. They told him that they needed to convert a file for him so he can have it printed on a hat. They charged him $25 to convert his picture in a different format. He went there in November and never heard back from them. He tried multiple times to call the Palisades store and never got an answer. When he finally got the salespersons whose name is Brandon on the phone, Brandon told him he didn't want to do business with my son and hung up on him. I then called the store myself and spoke with Brandon. Before I can finish my sentence Brandon hung up on me. I called back and got Brandon again, he said for me to call back tomorrow to speak with someone else because he didn't want to deal with me. He then hung up on me again before I could ask why. I called a 3rd time and got no answer so I continued to call until they answered.

I asked Brandon to not hang up on me since I was not disrespectful and just wanted answers. He finally spoke to me and still had an attitude. After asking him nicely to please assist me he did forward the file to another store since he was not going to be of any assistance to us. I find this extremely unprofessional and lacking any type of customer service that you would expect from a company with a long reputation. I was extremely shocked with this entire experience and cannot understand how Lids can have an employee with such a bad attitude working for their company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I stopped in Lids in the Asheville mall to check out some hats and I was being helped by a gentleman named Chevis and he kept being interrupted by another worker named Jess who was being rude. I thought she was being very unprofessional and lacks the respect for her fellow co-workers when he was answering all my questions and was very helpful, I got slightly upset with her and left without purchasing anything.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I ordered some hats from Fanatics yesterday and they automatically entered a expedited shipping cost of 14.99 to my order which I didn't order or see until I paid already so I called back and canceled the order. I then ordered from Lids thinking they were a different company and they didn't apply my discount code from their website even though it said it was applied but after I punished complete order it removed it. I found out Fanatics and Lids are the SAME company and they both tried to scam me out of my money. I canceled that order too. They play games on their website to get you to pay more so be very careful when ordering and check your receipt.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered two hats, the ones that came were not the ones I wanted. Tried to return but their site will not recognize my order number of my email. No phone number to to call. Stuck with 2 hats that worthless... DO NOT ORDER FROM LIDS.COM.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Today my 16 year old wanted to purchase a hat from Lids since he's never owned one. We shopped at Lids at the Square1 Mall In Saugus MA. I felt very proud allowing him to feel independent, and do his own shopping while I waited for him right outside the store. Until, he was told by the Lids employee who typically introduce themselves with the “Hello, can I help you?” Line.??? That she was not interested in helping him. She told him he could not try on the hats, and she could not tell him his size. (NOT EVEN A GUESS??)? She walked away from him leaving him with no choice but to walk out.

I decided to go in with him and help him in getting a hat Because it broke my heart to see the disappointment in his face. This employee ignored me while speaking on the phone the whole time, then refused to help me when I asked for her help directly at her. The worker fixing the store door helped us!!!! While she stood behind the counter. I am raising my kids to know when and how to approach these situations especially in these trying times, but for a 16 year old brown kid to think his skin had something to do with the poor customer service is REAL ENOUGH FOR ME TO WRITE A Review!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I ordered a baseball shirt with my fiancee's name on it on February 19. 2 months later they tell me it will be another 2 months. I asked for a refund several times but when called they denied it. I have several letters of request one point telling me my email was not on file. Frauds and liars all.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I ordered two hats for $41.98 plus $7.99 shipping, a total of $49.97. When I received the hats in two separate boxes, they were a size too small for my head. I took a trip to a Lids location to make an exchange and they claimed I could not do it in store and had to ship the hats back. I followed the prompts on Lids.com to initiate a return. I found out that return shipping would cost $9.99. That’s an absurd amount for a package that weighs well under a pound. They populated two return labels, one for each hat. I only used one label and put both hats in one box with the other label because I thought they might charge me twice. To get the right size, I’d have to make a new order and pay $7.99 shipping again. That’s $25.97 in shipping for a simple exchange for size. That’s a lot of money to ship two hats that weigh next to nothing.

But it gets better... they did charge me $9.99 twice for shipping despite me sending the two hats in one box. Out of the $49.97 I paid initially, I received $18.03 refunded to me. So two hats that did not fit which I simply wanted to exchange cost me $31.94 only to end up empty handed. I recommend you do everything you can to avoid shopping online with this company. They are clearly thieves and can’t be trusted to provide quality service. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Their customer service never responded to my message about this theft. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Order was said to have been delivered, but after two days of searching, it showed up at the post office. It was originally shipped by FedEx with a FedEx tracking number, and Lids email said it had been delivered. Called FedEx and found my order was shipped via something called "smart post." FedEx delivers it to the post office which is then supposed to deliver it to the customer. As a customer, I'm wondering how I was supposed to know this. I called Lids and the customer service rep was snotty and claimed "everyone else gets their packages," so no restitution offered, no real care and no apologies.

Lids.com Company Information