Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Lids.com Reviews

Original review: July 6, 2019

I don't know what all of the complaints are about. I was given a due date as to when the items would arrive and I received both items on the date or beforehand. The items are exactly as described and fit to a tee. The only issue I have is that the parcels were left out in the open as if they were just tossed toward the door. I am glad I noticed it before someone scooped it up. It would have been nice if the delivery guy came to the door? At any rate, everything else was fine.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Ordered 2 custom embroidered bucket hats from Lids.com. Site says 24/48 hours to process. Waited 6 days before emailing them about updates. No reply but a day later I received notice from FedEx that items were shipped. No other updates until today (7 additional days). Hats arrived with today's mail. Total of 14 days from order to arrival. In today's world of online shopping 14 days wait is unheard of. The good news is they did a great job on both hats and I'm very pleased with them. They just need to work on turnaround time and communications with customers.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I ordered a Dodgers windbreaker on Lids.com and opted for Second Day Air Mail because I needed it by a certain day. As soon as I ordered, I checked on here and got nervous. I ordered on a Saturday and i didn’t get any shipping notifications until Tuesday. I needed the jacket by Thursday so I had accepted that I probably wouldn’t receive it in time, especially after seeing upset customers on this site. However, my item arrived the very next day after I got the shipping notification, and everything was correct. Maybe they figured out their issues.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Order was said to have been delivered, but after two days of searching, it showed up at the post office. It was originally shipped by FedEx with a FedEx tracking number, and Lids email said it had been delivered. Called FedEx and found my order was shipped via something called "smart post." FedEx delivers it to the post office which is then supposed to deliver it to the customer. As a customer, I'm wondering how I was supposed to know this. I called Lids and the customer service rep was snotty and claimed "everyone else gets their packages," so no restitution offered, no real care and no apologies.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Lids wants to charge me $9.99 for shipping to return a hat. I can mail it on my own for $3.00, but you have to use their site in order to get the address for shipping. I will never use this company again. Buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Terrible company. I have never heard of a company that has both online and retail locations, and you can't return items in store. Got this for my husband for Christmas, and he didn't like the print, so we tried to return in store. No can do. I started the online return process, and they want to charge $9.99 for a return label, when I already paid them shipping in the first place to get this piece of crap here. Never will buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I ordered 2 separate autographed NHL shirts for Christmas for my 2 grandsons. Both were over $250.00 each. I received them but they shoved both into 1 nice presentation box. How do I choose which grandson gets the nice display and the other a generic box. For that price 2 boxes would be expected. I called Lids more than 1 week before Christmas to ask for another box. They were very nice but did nothing. I purchase a lot of sports related items for my grand-kids and I will never purchase from LIDS again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Ordered stocking cap 19.99 with 5.00 off promo and free shipping, was charged on my PayPal additional 24.99 for expedited shipping!!! Customer service says part of a promo to be delivered by 24th was nowhere on my receipt for Lids but showed up on PayPal receipt after processing. I would never pay almost 3 times cost of hat for expedited shipping. What a stinking con artist company at Christmas time sticks it to customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I received the wrong hat from Lids after they had charged me $23 for shipping in order to receive the item before Christmas. When you receive the item, there is no return label, and if you have to make a return, you must contact the help center just to obtain a return label. There is no call line, you have to join an online chat. I went on in the afternoon, and the chat line turned me away because there was no one to help. It wouldn't even put me in line. I went on at midnight assuming that there would be no wait. It finally put me in line, and I waited about 5 minutes before it said that there was no one to help me, and it directed me to the "submit a question" page. I tried again a few minutes later and was finally connected with a customer service representative. However, the representative was largely unhelpful and quite incompetent.

First, I requested to exchange the wrong item for the correct one. Second, I requested a refund on the Guaranteed by Christmas shipping because I could not give my uncle his gift on Christmas. I am almost convinced the representative was a robot because I explained the items that I had received versus the items I was should have received 4 times before claimed she was able to understand the situation. After this, she sent the return label for the incorrect item, so I explained to her that it was wrong. Once she finally understood, she said that the item I had received was out of stock and she could only offer me a refund. After this, she explained that she had put in an order for the hat that I had already received (I ordered two; one was sent correctly). She said that once it came in the mail, I would have to return that one as well so I wouldn't be charged for it; and when I asked her to just cancel that order, she said she couldn't.

Now I have to send two orders back and will not be receiving the item I originally ordered. She said someone else would be emailing me about getting a refund on my shipping, so she couldn't even take care of that for me. The entire chat took over an hour for nothing to really be taken care of. The inaccessibility of help and the incompetence on every level is almost inconceivable. I am extremely unhappy with this experience and will not be ordering from Lids again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I placed an order on Thursday added one day 15.99 shipping was supposed to arrive Friday afternoon. Never received it. I didn’t get no notification that they changed to Saturday. I call Lids they tell me to call another line to get tracking information because they didn’t know why or where the package was at the moment. I call the LS line that they gave me. They couldn’t even tell why the driver didn’t deliver the package. She continues to tell me wait till the end of Saturday to see if I get the package if not call them back and she took my number to pass the message to the driver.

Saturday arrives and nothing gets delivered again! I call lids once again because at this point I had to go to the mall and purchase the items to make sure I had them. They tell me it was delivered at a different location than the address I PROVIDED! && I couldn’t get a refund till a whole 24hrs from the time it was “delivered” to the made up location because it’s one of the policy’s. So I call Sunday to get my refund and the man on the phone proceed to process another order instead of refunding the amount! Horrible experience. Never again will I shop online with lids. Horrible service!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Lids.com Company Information