3.9/5 (548 ratings)

About Lids.com

Lids.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Tried to return a hat, which I purchased two of different sizes, and decided to keep one. Lids.com denied my request, being 5 days late from their own "policy". For the record, Fanatics, which owns Lids, has a 365-day return policy, while Lids has a 90-day. Confusing, being the same company. Could've at least offered a exchange credit, in my opinion. Within the same week, back with customer service, on why a hat wasn't delivered yet. Stated it would be delivered in 3-7 business days. Now on day 14. I would not recommend to shop here.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I made a purchase of a custom jersey as a birthday present. The website told me that it would ship the next day, so I ordered as I needed it in a week. When I received the email confirmation it told me that the shipping date would be more than a month later. I immediately called to cancel the order, but was told that the order was already started, and couldn't be cancelled. (If it takes a month to put custom name and numbers on a jersey, then they have bigger issues than customer service).

Once the Jersey arrived I tried to return it, but was told that custom orders can't be returned. I have argued relentlessly that their website promised next day shipping on the order, and that was the only reason that I bought it. They don't want to stand by the promise that the website makes, and refuse to refund my money. Lids is a shady unethical company that lures you in with false shipping dates. I will not buy from Lids again, and would advise anyone not to shop there.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Worst shopping experience of my life. Lids.com (AKA Fanatics) should have a disclaimer on every product page that states that it will take over a month for orders to be delivered (if at all). Please DO NOT order from this site or you will wait endlessly for a product that is never coming. Waited over a month, only for their support team to tell me that my order was "Lost in transit" twice. It's basically a scam website that doesn't honor any delivery commitment. You have been warned.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Scammed me out of $150 and then refused to refund me. Worst company I have come across. Do not shop here unless you want to be ripped off. Hours of my time and hundreds of dollars wasted on a company that does not care about customer service.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I ordered a jersey from them. I ordered on August 12th, and the shipping time said 3-7 days. I waited a month to finally receive my order. When I opened the package the jersey wasn’t there! Very shady.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I'm 55, so talked to many Customer Service agents in my life. Lids is the WORST I have EVER encountered. Their CR people are rude, unhelpful, inept (I had to give them the product ID - they couldn't find it). They did bait & switch with coupons. God forbid you have a return - that will cost you $9.99 for shipping!!! No one should EVER purchase from this company. Class Action lawsuit should be filed for deceptive practices. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: March 23, 2021

I made a return and asked for my receipt back and I was denied... When I came in the associate was on a personal call and I waited although I shouldn't have to. I greeted her and she didn't greet me back... Fine. I explained I had a return. She asked why, I stated it had nothing to do with the hat. She snatched my receipt and I asked her "Did you just snatch my receipt ma'am?" And she said, "No why would I do that"? I stated, "You did, so only you can answer that." I explained she didn't greet a customer and made me wait for her on a personal phone call.

I explained that, "I am the only customer so you can continue your call when your done with me so please don't be rude"... She abruptly wanted me to sign a receipt and said, "Have a good day!" I asked for my original receipt with the returned receipt and she gave me nothing!! She stated, "Store policy is no return receipts!!" I have never heard of such.. I asked her name and she refused. She stated she does not give her information out.. I expressed I would be lodging a complaint and it was then I asked to take a picture of my receipt and also recorded her disgusting customer service. She then states her name is Taylor.... I will NEVER SPEND MY MONEY HERE AGAIN....

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I went to Lids at Concord Mills and the worker had an attitude before I even went inside. Because of Covid, they only allowed a few people inside at a time, which I understood so I did not mind waiting. He first had an attitude when he let the door down and told me I had to wait. Once I went inside, I politely asked for help with customizing a hat and he still acted as if he did not want to help me so I just said thank you and left empty handed. This experience bothered me because I work in customer service as well so I understand how annoying it can be at times, but treating customers poorly when they’re being nothing but respectful to you is unacceptable. This is not how you should treat people who are coming to spend money with you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

My son went into Lids to have a picture put on a hat. They told him that they needed to convert a file for him so he can have it printed on a hat. They charged him $25 to convert his picture in a different format. He went there in November and never heard back from them. He tried multiple times to call the Palisades store and never got an answer. When he finally got the salespersons whose name is Brandon on the phone, Brandon told him he didn't want to do business with my son and hung up on him. I then called the store myself and spoke with Brandon. Before I can finish my sentence Brandon hung up on me. I called back and got Brandon again, he said for me to call back tomorrow to speak with someone else because he didn't want to deal with me. He then hung up on me again before I could ask why. I called a 3rd time and got no answer so I continued to call until they answered.

I asked Brandon to not hang up on me since I was not disrespectful and just wanted answers. He finally spoke to me and still had an attitude. After asking him nicely to please assist me he did forward the file to another store since he was not going to be of any assistance to us. I find this extremely unprofessional and lacking any type of customer service that you would expect from a company with a long reputation. I was extremely shocked with this entire experience and cannot understand how Lids can have an employee with such a bad attitude working for their company.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I stopped in Lids in the Asheville mall to check out some hats and I was being helped by a gentleman named Chevis and he kept being interrupted by another worker named Jess who was being rude. I thought she was being very unprofessional and lacks the respect for her fellow co-workers when he was answering all my questions and was very helpful, I got slightly upset with her and left without purchasing anything.

Lids.com Company Information