1.19/5
Based on 153 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

154 Lids.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Don't order from Lids unless you have AT LEAST a month to wait on your order. I ordered a customized hat for my husband for Valentine's Day 2 weeks beforehand, thinking surely that would give them plenty of time to get the hat to me. When I ordered the hat it said on the site I should get it between the 11-13. About 5 days after I ordered it, I started to get concerned because my product still hadn't been shipped, it was still in the "processing" stage, so I called. The lady apologized and said the hat should be shipped soon and would get to me by the 13th at the latest.

Friday the 8th rolls around and my product STILL hasn't been shipped!!! I call again and they tell me I should get an email within the next 24 hours saying the product has been shipped. Monday the 11th rolls around and guess what. STILL PROCESSING!! I called once again and they are still feeding me bull about how custom hats take longer to process. Longer than 10 days??? Seriously?? She also told me that my hat was ready but still hasn't been shipped. She said she would leave a note asking them to ship immediately and expedite shipping but I'm not holding my breath. So far I am super disappointed in this company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Lids just cancel my order simply because I call them and complain about the delay of sending my merchandise. Is not fair to cancel my order as a punishment. But is fine. I am done with this company. Have a great day.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered this hat on January 15th as a birthday gift on the 22nd for a very excited boy. My order was being shipped to the local store at a mall about 20-30 minutes away where I was to pick it up. My order stated in 5-7 days so enough time for me to get by the 22nd- 7 days later. I called the store- they didn't have my order, I called again on the 23rd- no order. I asked if it could then be shipped to my house as they'd missed the birthday deadline. They said they would ship to my house but it would take an additional 24 hours which I agreed to. It's January 31st and still nothing. They charged my card and I just called to see where it is... It's at the store and no-one has contacted me. They won't ship to me now and the gift is over 2 weeks late! AMAZON WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER OPTION! Terrible experience and do not order from them. NO ACCOUNTABILITY AND TERRIBLE SERVICE. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have been an avid devoted shopper with business for over a decade. I recently went on the website for the jersey sale of up to 50% off. When I clicked on a Patrick Kane home authentic pro jersey it gave me a price of $112.50. I then added a Jonathan Toews authentic away jersey and it adjust the price of the Kane jersey to $22.50 and the Toews jersey to $157.50. I took screen shots of the basket with item numbers individual item prices and the total of $180.00. Once I went to finalize the deal the price jumped to $335.00. I then wrote customer service and advised them of what happened and that I would make a purchase that was advertised to me of $180.00 then add tax.

I received this response the next day 1-23-19. "Thank you for contacting Lids Customer Care! You will receive the sale price of the items once you complete the order. If the prices is not correct after placing the order, please call in with the order number and we can make the proper adjustments to the price. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Center at 1-888-564-HATS (4287)."

I then immediately made the purchase and called for the adjustment. I was advised after the agent talked to his supervisor for several minutes they would do an adjustment of $175.00 and bring the price down to $180.00 then add tax. I asked for an email with a transcript showing they agreed to the adjustment. I was advised the email showing the adjustment will get to me in the next 48 hours.

I then receive this email on 1-24-19. "I apologize that you were having checkout issues! After reviewing your order, Unfortunately we won't be able to honor the price that was given to you before. I apologize that there was a system glitch in the system! I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 1-888-564-HATS (4287) or reply to this email."

I called and was asked what did I want done and asked for them to follow the law and comply with the fact that three agents one being the website agree to the price that was offered to me. They stated they wouldn’t. I advised them they are violating several laws with their deceptive pricing and not agreeing to prices their agents have agreed to and their website advertised. I then stated I wanted my money refunded immediately as I would never have made the purchase. They stated they couldn’t cancel the order and that they would have to send it to corporate.

If I wanted my money back I would have to wait for corporate or to wait if for the items to get to me which takes a week then return it to a Locker Room only store not just a Lids which is more than an hour away or mail it back and God knows when I will get my money back. I will no longer shop at Lids and I use to drop a grand a year there for my family's favorite teams gear. Guess I will stick with Dick's - they at least honor their advertised prices.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I saw that Lids had the best deals for Cyber Monday. I made an order of 150. Saved a great deal on a Jersey. My son wanted the same jersey so I told his grandmother to buy it from them as well, she went ahead and bought three more item, this came out to more than 200 dollars. Unfortunately my sweatshirt (she purchased for me) is too tight, which is the same size I wear most places. I ordered a medium but I need a large. I asked her for the order number and email she ordered with thinking that would be fine, turns out that I cannot make an exchange for the same exact item unless I now ask her for the email/or packing slip.

I was fine asking her for the order number but not for the email/purchase. I'm sure others will feel the same that it is uncomfortable asking for this information when someone buys you a gift. Basically if you know this information BEFORE you purchase gifts please give everyone you are buying for a copy of the email (odd right). A merchandise credit would make it so I could exchange and not have to bother asking some for personal info and how much they spent on me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

This company is omitting fraud!!! When you make a purchase in the online store you will Not get your money back when the item is returned. Talking to their customer service is useless. They will lie saying your return is being processed, well over 1 month now I am still waiting on a refund. And calling their corporate office is a joke. They will take forever to answer the phone or not answer at all. If the government wasn't on a shut down I would report them to the Federal Trade Commission. NEVER WILL I SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS AGAIN AND I HAVE LET MANY PEOPLE KNOW TO DO THE SAME.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

TERRIBLE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. They send out a receipt making the return process look super easy. The hat the sent me was too small even though I ordered an XL. Customer care is anything but caring. When speaking with a supervisor they argued with me that the hat was a clearance item so no refunds. Didn't offer me an exchange or a credit towards another hat that would fit. How is somebody supposed to buy something to wear online with confidence with a company that does not stand behind their product. SHOP ON AMAZON!!! LIDS SUCKS AND WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN EVEN IF I GO BALD!!! ZERO STARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My overall experience shopping at Lids in one word is terrible. I mostly shop online for their products as the variety is far greater than that of my local store. Most of my orders that I have ordered online have been shipped and as described. However out of the blue, I have had 2 occasions where I have ordered a hat on sale and my order is randomly cancelled for no apparent reason. When I contact customer service as to why my order randomly cancelled they give me an excuse saying it is "out of stock." I go and check if the hat is truly out of stock and according to their website it is still in stock, and trust me I have checked over several days to verify what they said. I went back to customer service asking them if I would receive the hat for the price I ordered it for but they rejected my request.

In conclusion, ordering with Lids was very frustrating for me. My order felt like a toss up either it was going to be shipped and received or it would be cancelled for some random reason (even though the hats I ordered are still in stock). Lids no longer has my business and I'll gladly shop at other stores who don't practice shady dealings like Lids does.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Terrible customer service. Terrible everything. Find your hat at one of the other 8 million stores that sell hats. In this day and age, a company with customer service this inept and indifferent should be out of business. I look forward to the day in the near future when this company is shuttered and everyone associated with it is put out of work. Happy New Year.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Ordered a Warriors shirt 2 weeks ago. They debited my account the next day but when I track the order the status shows that it’s ready, exactly what it has shown for 2 weeks. I've called and am placed on hold for ridiculous amounts of time. I've emailed 3 times without a response. Save yourself money and the hassle of dealing with them and get your gear somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Don't buy from them! They don't care about their customers! Ordered 2 day air on the 18th. Checked tracking today to see it arriving on the 27th via ground shipping... Contacted them with no resolve. Basically told me it is what it is & didn't care at all. These were Christmas gifts... Thanks Lids!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

So I ordered 2 Dallas Cowboys caps online one for my husband and one for my nephew. I received my husband's cap first which sort of surprised me that I hadn’t received the second cap in which I had ordered them both at the same time, anyway I do get a tracking status showing the second cap was on its way so I’m like okay well it’s coming... Two days pass and the delivery status is stuck on “pending delivery”... then five days pass and still stuck on that.

So I emailed, messaged both FedEx and Lids about the situation and not one could tell me where my package was. So I let it go and think we’ll maybe since the holidays are coming up it’s probably backed up somewhere... Next thing I see is an email saying I was getting a refund because something about the material it was packaged in? Not sure what so I thought great I’ll just get my money back and go to the Lids store myself and buy the cap there. Nope. A day after that I get another tracking number status saying my item is on its way being shipped. At this point I was so over it, just wanted it all to end. Which it did 21 days later after buying the cap I did receive it just not at the time I really wanted it. It was suppose to be a birthday gift for my nephew and wasn’t even here on time. So never will I ever order online from Lids again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have opened a case and they said that item is delivered and door was locked. They closed case and asked us to file police complaint. My $60 gone. There is something fishy with either LIDS or USPS. I have received all other packages till date. Why only this will be missing. LIDS knows that many customers are reporting this often. They should have alternative or some solution. Not just leave it. I regret for not reading the reviews before ordering. I wish I had and could have saved $62. Also I have to go without the gifts. As I will not find that deals now and also no time to get that. I would advise everyone not to shop with LIDS ever.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I placed an order for 4 NFL Salute to Service Hoodie sweatshirts, 2 hats. Big chunk of change as we are a HUGE Military Family. My husband and I are both Veteran's, my two daughters are currently Active Duty and my Son-In-Law is as well. I received my order, one of the Hoodie's had a stain, I called within 3 min of the delivery to ask for a new one, of course they have none in stock. I asked if I could return to a LIDS store and they stated I could NOT as they only sell hats, then proceed to tell me it will take 2-3 days to get me a label to return this item. I informed her I need the LABEL TODAY, this is going overseas as a Christmas gift for one of mine that is deployed.

I have a Lids store an hour from me, would have been glad to drive there, get my $ put back on my card and purchase another elsewhere, but instead I have to wait for the label, ship it, and wait for the processing of refund. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I will be returning over 550.00 worth of merchandise and will never purchase from LIDS or LIDS.COM again. I have purchased several items in the past, it's a shame! Wouldn't even try to work with me knowing this had to be shipped overseas, just "I will put in a request for a return label", then it should be taken care of in 10 days, NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I custom designed a hat for my fiancé to give as a Christmas present this year. It’s safe to say I spend at least $50-$60 on it after shipping. It shipped fairly quickly which pleased me at first. However, when going to the leasing office to retrieve my package, they informed it was not there and no one had signed a drop statement for it. Now 3 days after the “delivery”, it is still lost. I filed a Lost Package claim through Lids, only to be informed that they will NOT claim responsibility for this issue and they will not give me a refund since they see it was “delivered” on their end.

Personally, I think this is a huge disservice to their customers. I know it is the holiday season and bad people often steal mail, but what happened to “the customer is always right”. They could easily send me a gift card or give me some kind of credit, but no. I know it might even be the mail courier, especially since LIDS ships through USPS. How sad for such a pricey order. All I can say is, DO BETTER LIDS. Honor your customers' words, especially if they even took the time to initiate a lost package claim through on online representative from their company. I will not be a returning customer ever again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a hat from Lids.com. When I got the email 2 minutes later confirming my order I noticed they had the wrong sports team (I ordered a Steelers hat, they had a cowboys hat). I immediately called to let them know and their response was... "The order is already processed there’s nothing we can do." I said, "There’s no way - I ordered it like 4 minutes ago and you have the wrong team." They refused to cancel or change my order. This is absurd!!! I will NEVER buy anything from Lids again!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I purchased 4 hats, three were delivered together and one was delivered separately. I received the three, but the fourth one was delivered to the wrong house. I called Lids told them I did not receive the fourth hat, they opened a case and closed it within hours saying USPS delivered it. I told Lids I never received it, they told me to file a police report. REALLY! Bottom line. It was delivered to my neighbor and he was nice enough to give it to me. So buyer beware if they mess up they don’t take any responsibility. It’s not worth the aggravation buying from this poor customer service company. They lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a pair of LARGE basketball shorts, instead they send me out a pair of Small. When I called to request an exchange I was told that I needed to send the shorts back with tracking then 1 to 2 days after they receive the shorts they would return the funds to my Paypal (which could take up to 30 days).Then I had to place the order all over again. This is ridiculous! I tried speaking to a supervisor and expressing how deceptive of a practice this was and how much of an inconvenience it was and they did not care. This is their policy to make it hard on customers. I will never make another purchase from Lids again as they obviously don't care about the customer experience. I will also make sure to post negative reviews everywhere possible to warn other consumers of LIDS terrible business practices. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere and support a company that realizes the importance of making their clients happy. SHAME ON YOU LIDS!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a $100 football jersey and what I received was 2 pairs of 76ers socks. They sent me a return slip. I sent the socks back, but never received my jersey. It has been 3 weeks. I called to ask about my jersey. They said they never sent it and never refunded me. I told the customer rep please send the jersey because I still want it and never paid. Waiting several days now and no confirmation that it was sent out. I will call again. These customer service hood rats are incompetent. Shame on you Lids! Calling back today to get my refund *middle finger*.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Placed a $350 order with a coupon that required me to ship it to the flagship store in NYC. I got an email one of the items had shipped, but had 5 so 2 weeks later called back and was told they'd all ship and be available for pickup. I got no confirmation email, but called and was told they were all in the store and to walk the 1.5 miles over to 437 Madison Avenue at noon on a Monday. The store was closed. I called, and was told that was a mistake and to return the next day so I walked 1.5 miles again. It was still close. I approached a police officer and told him I had merchandise inside the store to pickup. He said the store was closed for about a week, and customers had repeatedly tried unsuccessfully to pick up online orders.

I called LIDS, and was told that they now see the store has been closed for unknown reasons (then how did they get in touch with them the day before!). They have NO IDEA what is going on with the store or the online orders, but cannot send replacement items due to back ordering and cannot open the store to let customers get their items. I don't even know how the store could have received the merchandise if they aren't open? They now say they need to check with the corporate office to figure out why the flagship LIDS store has been closed for the past week, and whether they have/lost the previous orders. So ridiculous!! With so many competitors, how is LIDS in business? I was a loyal fan, not anymore. I paid for products they refuse to let me have, and I'm supposed to wait while they figure out why their flagship store is closed. I'm supposed to wait for a callback. Crazy.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Placed an order for a hat my son has been wanting for his birthday a 2 weeks ahead of time. His party is this weekend and they are telling me now that it won't be here until the following Monday. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. This seems to happen a lot and I will never order or shop from Lids again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was given a sales pitch to sign up for "Premium Access Pass" for a 20% discount on all hats, and told that the 20% would stack with sale prices as well. After a few visits, that was proven to be false. Buy one get one 50% off in the store, or 25% off on the website did not stack with my Access Pass discount. It just gives you the one discount that would be the most off. If you're planning only to buy when there are sales, it seems like the premium pass is not going to help you very much.

The website is very misleading when choosing "Pick Up In-Store" as your shipping option. You can see what a store has in stock, and CLEARLY see a difference when choosing - "Pick Up Today In-Store" and if they don't have it, it will say "Ship to Store - 5 to 7 days." I saw a hat I liked in store and opted to pay for it online to get a better discount, and the cashier told me I would have to wait several days for it to be shipped to the store, regardless that my order confirmation said 'pick up today'. It doesn't help that every time I go in the store, it's the cashier's first day on the job.

Clearly, Lids has a long way to go when connecting their online system to their stores. Wal-Mart, Target and others are able to prepare an order for you in store that you've placed online. I understand they are larger companies, but Lids doesn't have nearly as much volume as those stores to be concerned with. If you're going to tell me on your website that a specific store has an item in stock and I can pick it up today, then you should be able to deliver on that.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Living in a rural area often forces me to shop online, especially for niche goods like official MLB New Era hats. My first $100+ order was unceremoniously cancelled, with no warning to me. Ironically, I’d attempted to change that same order just 3 hours after I placed it (I accidentally ordered black instead of dark navy blue) and was told it was too late, as my order was already processed and shipped! So I was lied to. Hoping for better luck, I placed a new order... It arrived okay, but I only received 2 of the 4 hats ordered. Again, no email or text message informing of the change and all the website said was “order completed.”

I complained and they grudgingly gave me a $10 electronic gift card to use on my next order. I’d already purchased their paid premium access membership that gives me 20% off, so their offer of 20% off my next order was of zero use. Taking advantage of their limited time free shipping, no minimum order promotion, I placed an order for 2 hats yesterday. I just checked and my order has been canceled yet again! I’m done! I’d rather pay a premium and shop elsewhere, or take my chances on Amazon with all the counterfeit Chinese New Era knockoffs. Avoid Lids.com/Lids.ca like the plague! After five weeks I’m still without the hats I originally wanted.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I went to Lids and Ford City Mall to get embroidery on to blank hats. The embroidery machine is not working properly. When they got done with my hats they looked horrible. Very unprofessional job but when I take my hat downtown to Lids they are perfect. The salesperson acted as if it wasn't a big deal. I pay $20 a piece for two leather hats and they are ruined.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Hello everyone, my name is Alexia. I made a purchase on March 5th. A baseball jersey for my cousin. It simply did not fit him, so I went to get a refund. Now I used 2 transactions. A $5 remaining balance off of my Amex card and the rest, which was $30.23, on my bank card. The manager of the store #8043 decided to refund me all my money on the Amex card. Now let me tell you, the Amex card only holds $25, so since she refunded $35.24 on it, the card got suspended due to exceeding the limit the card could hold. (I only found this out a week later). So basically my money was in limbo. I contacted the customer service twice.

I was finally reached out by an email. Philip **. Now I’m glad he was here to help, but he made it an absolute hassle. All I needed was a complete and constructed instruction. But he simply could not make it simple. His last request was for me to send him my bank statement (which I did) but for some reason I did not get a response, nor an email confirmation or an “Okay thanks, we’ll be giving you that refund check soon!” Nothing. Nada. It also took 2 weeks for Lids to actually decide to send me a refund check. This is my last year of high school and I only wanted a simple refund. Okay quality. Not okay service.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ordered 2 hats over a week ago. After getting tired of waiting, I call customer service. They tell me part of the original order (2 hats) was missing and that they were sending out a new order. No one contacted me about my order and my tracking info never worked. They run a terrible operation and I will never order anything from them again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Absolutely horrible customer service. I ordered a hat in which the address was incorrect, so I call immediately. They tell me I can call tomorrow once it ships. I call and they say, "You have to call FedEx" (I placed my order with Lids not FedEx) so I call FedEx and they say call Lids. WTF! I call Lids back. They say, "Call FedEx." They don’t ship products. FedEx does. Circus act at best... I call FedEx again and they say the post office is delivering so you have to go to the office... I will never shop Lids online or in store again. Service sucks.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I recently ordered 2 hats 1 day shipping. I found out 1 day shipping is 4 days and waiting. I spent a great deal on phone to customer service. I was told there is a 2 to 3 day processing time. I didn't realize that when I paid the extra fee. I will not in the future waste my money on anything but standard shipping because I have no idea when shipment will arrive. All other vendors I've used 1 day is 1 day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Paid willingly for Next Day Air to get hat for Super Bowl. Received shipping notice and delivery wasn't going to be til next week. I contacted them to cancel "no can do." I suppose it could be my fault that I didn't read reviews in advance, but I assumed they were reputable. Assuming it arrives when it is now scheduled, I will have paid the highest premium, for a service level that it's typically free or nominal with these types of online merchants.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My hatter said it had shipped from Williston VT and I live in a town about 30 mins away from there. I re-check shipping the next day and had them shipped from VT to CT and my shipping got pushed out 3 more days. Why the hell would you ship it to CT if it was already in my state and only 30 mins away???

Lids.com Company Information

www.lids.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.