1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 119 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

120 Lids.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This was the first time using Lids. I bought 2 Vegas Golden Knights hats. Luckily I didn't read the negative reviews here. The price was excellent (with coupon) and the product was as described. The real surprise was that the hats arrived within a week of ordering. Amazing. Strangely there was no email confirming the purchase or shipping dates. I thought "there is no way I am going to get this". But here it is!! And in less than a week. I am no way connected to Lids or have any deal with them. I am an extremely satisfied customer. Highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I tried giving them multiple chances but the customer service will always say they can’t do anything because it's processing. Also the last order that made me snap is they screwed up my address and they said that they have no way to correct their mistake and I should call UPS to fix it. I told them they shipped it and made the mistake, address they’ve shipped to before, I shouldn’t have to call. They told me they couldn’t do it or it would be fraud.

I then told them to cancel it and refund me. I didn’t want anything to do with them and they said they couldn’t, that I would have to refuse the shipment or they would have to wait for it to be returned. I told them to call UPS and figure it out. They told me UPS is open 24/7 that I have to call them. Order before this one they told me they shipped my salute to service sweater and hat to come. Find out they never did and took my two weeks of calling them to find that out and when I canceled that order out of frustration they told me they could look up a nearby store with those item in stock. No "I’m sorry" or "we will correct order and have it shipped next day". They just basically told me to go to their store and get it. Their physical stores employees are great and good selection but online is horrible. Do yourself a favor and if you have to buy online go through anyone but these guys.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

This will be the 4th time I have contacted Lids on this issue. I had this hat made on the date listed on the Receipt in the Greenwood Mall while there with my family for a basketball tournament. This hat is junk! We live in Knoxville, TN But we was at the Lids 1645 Parkway #1040, Sevierville, TN 37862 about a month ago looking and my wife pointed how good they did on someone's Hat. They embroider and I made the comment, “Wished mine would have looked that way.” When the gentleman behind counter overheard my comment he asked me what happened and I explained. His name was **. He advised me he would make it right if I would bring the hat back and he would take care of me. I made a special trip to the store yesterday 9-4-17 and went to the store and spoke with the manager and explained the situation. Once he told me ** no longer works there, So he said they could fix it and I was happy to finally get what I wanted a usable $40.00 hat.

He went and the same brand hat and came back and explained it will only cost you $27.50 today? I was like, “Are you serious?” He said, “Yes!” I explained, “That isn't right. If I had to pay that I would have $70.00 in a hat” and explained to him I was told it would be fixed at no charge to me by Nick and that is when he decided to let me know why Nick was fired which is totally unprofessional. I am a sales manager and I would Fire an employee who shared that with a customer!! He was very rude from that point on and told there is no way to do a hat for free. It would mess the inventory up like I am some idiot!

I have sent now 4 emails to Lids and have never had anyone contact me with an answer. Always says someone will contact me! I was going to chalk this up as a loss until yesterday and the rude manager you have working at that store. Worst customer service I have ever came across. You do not treat customers that way nor do you tell a customer why someone was fired. That is illegal. I will be posting all details on Facebook today. I have been buying from Lids for over 20 years and after yesterday I will never buy again nor will I let my sons buy from there either. Question Reference # **. Been going on for 4 months no response.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I placed an order and realized that I already had the same hat. I then tried to cancel the order two hours later but they told me it was being processed and they could not cancel. So you can't cancel an order two hours after it's placed. Lids has a lot to learn about customer service. They should take lessons from Amazon. Do yourself a favor and just order what you need from Amazon and forget the terrible customers service of Lids.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I purchased a hat on Lids the other day. I'm like ok, it's still processing, so I get on the live chat with this lady and she said "Well it takes 1 to 2 days to process." Well that would have been nice to know under the product I'm buying not on a FAQ screen. Because then I wouldn't have paid extra shipping to have it this week which is the week I need it and end up having delivered next week when the occasion has already passed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: May 5, 2017

I placed an order on 4/27 for 2 hats and a t shirt. I opted to have the items shipped to the nearby mall versus having it sent to my home. I was aware that my items may ship at different times which was fine with me. The first hat shipped on 4/28 and I received a phone call on 5/1 from the store letting me know to come pick it up which I did. I got an email on 4/29 that the shirt had shipped, but it had no tracking number. On 5/2 I received an email stating that my last hat shipped, but this time I did not receive a phone call. I tracked the package on UPS and it said that it arrived in the store on 5/3, so I went to pick it up.

No one in the store knew where my package was or who had signed for it. Fine, maybe the UPS driver took it to the wrong store, fine. So on 5/4 I received a phone call from the store and they tell me that I have a package there, but it is just a t shirt. No hat. I go online to chat with a representative who tells me that the reason why I did not receive a tracking number for the shirt is because it was sent with a store shipment and due to security reasons I could not have a tracking number for that (again, fine but that would have been nice to know). He tells me that he can have the hat that was lost can be processed in 2-3 days and have it sent back out. I thought that we had this all cleared up, but the very next day, I receive a notification that my order is being processed for the wrong damn hat, the one that I already have.

At this point I am furious and I go online to chat once again with a representative only for him to tell me that he cannot stop the order for the wrong hat and that he will put a note in the account so that I can get the correct hat. No apology or anything. I ask him if he can see where the error is made and he decided to be a jerk. This is ridiculous. I will never order anything from this company again.

Original review: March 11, 2017

So my roommate got me a Lids gift card for Christmas. She told me that the cashier had a difficult time getting the money on the card. Anyway, they managed to get the money on the card. I finally decided to use the gift card after receiving an email from Lids about 30% off clearance. So on the last day of the sale I spent hours searching through clearance sales. I finally manage to get 5 hats and 2 shirts for under $40. I click "confirm purchase". It tells me that I have no funds on my gift card. Umm? Wtf. So I try 2 more times. Still didn't go through. I call customer service and tell the guy what happened. He tells me I need to find out where it was purchased, when it was purchased, and for how much. Smh after waiting on hold. Now, I have to find out all the info regarding my card.

I call my roommate who is at work. She tells me she has the receipt in her room. This receipt is from three months ago. THANK GOD she is a hoarder. So I get the receipt and call them back. Tell the next person what's going on. They need all the info on the recent. INCLUDING the exact time of purchase. I'm a little angry at this point. I tell her that I'm also upset because this is the last day of the clearance sale. She promises me that when everything is worked out that she will honor the clearance prices for me. I wanted these items ASAP. So, I hear nothing for 2 days. So I message the customer service department. The lady says "It turns out that the card has been used at our Las Americas location in San Diego." Umm, I live in South Carolina and have NEVER been to San Diego. Haven't even left SC except to go to Virginia. So I message her back and ask "how is this possible?" That was yesterday. Still waiting on a response.

I tell my roommate what happened. And she is FUMING. So she calls as well. Gets the same "We will send it to the financial department." I am at a loss for words and do not understand how the hell this happened! And they keep sending us to customer service instead of giving us someone who can actually do something about it. Forget saying "I will never use Lids online again." As I will never go to Lids again period! This would have been my first purchase from them. Horrible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

So I ordered 2 Cleveland Cavs puffball hats over Presidents' Day weekend because the two hats were $10 each for a sale. So I order the two. I get an email giving me the tracking number. I'm in Ohio right now and when I look at the tracking number on the UPS site, it said instead of going from Illinois to Ohio, it shipped to California first for some unknown reason. So I wait a until the day it was supposed to be here. I get another email saying that the delivery was rescheduled to 3 days later. I'm furious at this point. First it was supposed to take 7-10 days and the day it was supposed to come was the 9th day. Then they rescheduled the delivery for 3 days later. Why did they not just ship it from Illinois to Ohio. They just "had" to ship it to California all the way across the country just to ship it back. I could have just waited to get it in the store. I'm never buying online ever again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I ordered a blank Scarlet Red 'New Era - 59fifty' fitted wool hat online (from New Era) for approx $40. Once I received it I took the hat to my local Lids for embroidery. I order the words "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" and agreed on the layout. I paid $22 (and I was accidentally double charged). I was told to wait 20 mins. I waited 40 mins and the young man explained it would take a little while longer, please stop in later. I left for work and waited for his call. Over 5 hours later he calls to say it's complete. I sent my wife in to pick it up. She text me a photo of the hat, it's destroyed. She said the man admitted to removing the embroidery 4 times and going over the job trying to "make it look right" which pulled the red wool apart on the cap.

I asked him to simply replace the hat, and refund my embroidery- he said that's not an option. I called customer service directly to demand a refund. It took 20 minutes to continuously explain a very simple story to them - the end result thus far is I need to wait 48 business hours for a phone call from an investigator to further evaluate their liability and responsibility with their employee destroying my ball cap in their Smith Haven Mall location, charging my card over $40 for a $20 service, refunding me altogether, and finally, reimbursing me for the replacement value of my brand new Scarlet Red blank New Era 59fifty (size 7-1/2). This terrible experience caused me the loss of half a day's pay, it caused stress and aggravation for my family, and delayed my owning this ball cap for another week.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I went to the Lids store in my hometown and tried to find Pittsburgh Steelers knit hat. I was told you can order it from the kiosk. I put my info and used my bank card. Got a confirmation on my order with an order number. 1-14-17 I was told it takes 7 to 10 days, went by following Saturday and was told it will be in Monday. I called Tuesday and they said my order was canceled. 1-16-17 I got no email saying it was canceled. My bank statement shows on 1-17-17 that 32.46 was taken out by Lids and it was never put back in . Why was money taken out when my order was canceled on the 16th? They were not helpful. Now I have to go to my bank and get a copy and fax it to them before I get money back. I didn't receive a hat. That's stealing if they canceled on 16th. Beware of buying from Lids.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

If they have your hat available I suggest you find the closest Lids in your area and buy it in the store rather than buying it online. I spent over $100 plus I spent the extra $20 for overnight shipping just to find out that they didn't ship it overnight. I called the customer service for Lids.com and I spoke with an employee who was extremely rude and had an attitude with me because I was asking when my order was going to be shipped because I paid for overnight shipping and come to tell me that my order is not going to get there until about 4 days after I ordered it so I asked why am I paying overnight shipping if I'm not going to get my order for 4 days. It makes no sense to me and she said I had to order it the day of before 10 a.m.

Well the day that I did order it – I actually ordered it at 12 a.m. which would be about 10 hours before I needed to order it in order to get the overnight shipping but she apparently can't tell time and didn't understand what I was trying to tell her that I ordered it at 12 a.m. which would be that same day 10 hours before the 10 a.m. but I guess apparently Lids can't tell time either and it doesn't work that way so I asked for the money back and she went to tell me that "Oh I'll just cancel your whole order since you have issues with it." I was like “No, I'm asking for my shipping charge back. I'm not asking you to cancel my whole order.” She had the biggest attitude ever like I was an inconvenience to her. All I can say is they are zero help and from what I'm reading on other reports I'm not the only person and I'm not the first and I definitely probably won't be the last.

Do not order from them. Or until they can get some employees that don’t treat their consumers like garbage. I'm a customer service manager myself and the way that the employee talked was just was very unprofessional. I can hear the attitude in the voice not very understanding or apologetic at all. They need to reevaluate the employees that they hire for their call center because this is straight ridiculous us. As consumers we are keeping the company going! We spend our money there. If you keep hiring these crappy employees your business is going nowhere. Oh and that shipping charge the best back for still hasn't been credited to my card yet I was charged the full amount. Thanks Lids.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

Have placed 2 orders with Lids for a total of 6 hats (2 & 4 per order). 1st order, received 1 of 2 hats, and was notified that 1 hat was out of stock. 2nd order was for 4 hats and 1 of 4 hats was for wrong team. Called customer "service" and was told "sorry about the mistake" and "hat ordered is out of stock". So for their error, I got to waste time calling and now get to ship the hat back. Absolutely no effort in finding something to accommodate, just "sooo sorry for the inconvenience". Since when did empty apologies become good customer service? Support your local stores and avoid Lids. You'll be glad you didn't waste your time with their ineptitude.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

This is what you state on your website: "Our website is designed so that once the last available style or size has been ordered, that product is instantly removed from the site. Therefore, you are only shown inventory that is available." I placed an order on an item that was available on 12/19 and they was told on 12/23 that it would not be shipped because it was not in stock. I could have placed an order somewhere else, but I trusted that you had the item and that what you stated was accurate. Now I have no item when I could have gone to someone else to get it. You guys need to be honest about how your operations REALLY run. I'm so pissed. I could have gotten it somewhere else, but you tied me up thinking that I was getting the item.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

Lids is the worst online business ever. I go buy a classic Vince Carter jersey; 12/22/16 I use the one day over shipping option 20 dollars extra because I wanted it before Christmas and so it's the next day when the package is suppose to arrive so I go online to see the tracking number and where it's at and it directs me to Fedex the delivery service ever and it's says it's coming the 12/27/16.

I was in so much rage so I called lids. I had to wait a hour to get someone on the phone (probably because so many people called because how bad their online service is). Anyways someone picks up very polite and apologized this happened and said, "We have no control over it." So I asked for the refund and they gave it to me so the next day which is today for me 12/24/16 I call them about to ask them, "What's the point of adding those shipping options in if you have absolutely no control of when it comes?"

So this guy picks up and I told the situation and what happened I told him I already got my refund and I asked him the question and he says, "We have no control over what time the delivery comes." And I said I know that and I repeated the question again and he said the same thing so at this point I realized he's a hard-headed ** so I hung up and decided to write a review. I still haven't got my package and hopefully it contains the thing I ordered because I read some reviews and people got random things they didn't order and if I could I would give this negative or 0 stars. NEVER BUY FROM HERE!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

First off, do yourself a favor & NEVER order anything from Lids online. Their service was just as described on this site, TERRIBLE, & completely unprofessional. I made the mistake of looking up reviews after I already ordered. I purchased a hat on Tuesday, 12/13 & even paid two-day shipping for it to arrive sooner. I had plans to wear it on Friday 12/16 so I expected it to get there on Thursday, it did not. So I called customer service & she told me the hat would arrive on Friday as it was shipping locally from a store in my town. OK, understandable but that should have been my first red flag as the hat I wanted was ONLY available online - there were none in any store. When I got the hat Friday it was obviously the wrong item - a completely different brand of hat. So I called again, the wait was so long they have a call back list. Though they never called me back.

A few days go by & I figure I'll just return it at the store. Even a bigger mistake as their employees seem incompetent & were ultimately useless - I was told I could only receive store credit. I quickly rejected. The manager then proceeded to call the same customer service I had already been calling. Saying until they call him back there's nothing he could do which only made me more pissed. I wasn't going to wait any longer, I left & called customer service myself AGAIN with no results. I tried again the next morning & they have finally agreed to give me my refund & possibly a gift card but after all the bs I went thru I have no desire to spend a penny more with them. I'll get my hats elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

(Long story short I received my order after 7 business days). On Sunday 12-11-16 I placed an order for a vintage 90's Tracy McGrady Toronto Raptors jersey that I had a hard time finding anywhere else. The next day I received a e-mail stating my order had been confirmed. Shortly after, that same day I came across this review page about Lids and became extremely nervous. So nervous that I emailed Lids asking to cancel my order. I never got an email back from them so I assumed my package would be shipped which it was. On Tuesday I received a DHL shipping tracking number. I read DHL shipping reviews and I completely lost hope.

Then my DHL tracking number informed me that it had been passed on to USPS to handle the rest of the shipping. And it had. Was smooth and regular updated. It told me it had been delivered at my door at 4:03 Tuesday 12-20-16. And when I came home it was there waiting for me in the perfect condition. Let me remind you this was around holiday season as well. I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I can not complain. (DHL shipping had slightly weird formatting for the tracking, but nothing major.)

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

NEVER order from the online site. If you really want that hat, I suggest you walk into the store and buy it personally. The way they handle the online orders is disturbing. They are not helpful and you get the run around for weeks no matter how understanding you are about shipping and mailing and all that good stuff. They are just ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I ordered two hats from Lids.com. I received a notice the following day that one of my hats was not available so I decided to order three more hats that were on sale instead. Weeks later, I contacted Lids to see why my new order was never shipped and they told me that all three hats were not available. Not only was it unprofessional for them not to contact me and tell me my order was canceled but they shouldn't advertise products that they do not have in stock. The represented I spoke to, did offer his apologies but he also disconnected from our live chat immediately after apologizing and I didn't even get to ask him where I could file a complaint.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

Ordered 2 items from Lids and didn't receive them and noticed that they had refunded my order due to a "shipping error" and didn't contact me about it until I figured it out. Very disappointed and will NEVER order from them again. Think wisely before purchasing anything from them online. Most likely something will go wrong! Definitely a lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

If I could give them 0 stars I would. I ordered a Chicago Cubs track jacket that was $79.99 and received instead a Colorado Rockies t-shirt. I called them and was on hold for around 15-20 minutes. I finally get someone on the phone and she apologizes and says "Ok, I'll just resend the item you originally ordered." Oh but wait, conveniently that item was out of stock! They also will not refund me my money until I send that t-shirt back! As I read the other similar reviews on here that customers shared the exact same thing about this company sending wrong merchandise, I began to feel like something is fishy about this place. This company seems shady! I am just going to contact my credit card company and let them know that this transaction wasn't authorized. I never ordered an $80 t-shirt! I hope nobody orders from here again. I should've stick to ordering from FansEdge!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I want to start off that I have spoken to two customer service reps and both have been more than helpful. Some how the USPS delivered or the driver kept the hat I ordered online. I normally shop Lids stores in the malls in my city but this one hat I ordered was only available online. I took the chance and lo and behold it goes missing. My wife is a huge online shopper and never has had anything go "missing". Apparently our post office is privately owned? WTF? They suck big **! Let me get back to Lids and their great customer service so far. They are sending me a replacement as they told me today. I do hope they keep their word. Happy dude so far. I will keep you posted.

Original review: July 20, 2016

My husband just got his new debit card with a chip in it. Apparently there is a way for those to be read and used by others even when the card is your possession. This is what happened to us, several purchases made to various merchants. All the other merchants involved made sure to hold the transaction number so it didn't go through or reverse the charges back to my account. Lids.com refused to intervene in any way until the bank contacted them and a police report had been made. This means not only did a $300.00 charge come through, create a negative balance in my account, and created overdraft charges for legitimate bills, but the purchase wasn't held so the person who stole the merchandise is more likely to get it actually shipped to him.

I work full time but am now on surgical leave so I only get 60% of my paycheck and I am the sole breadwinner at this time. My daughter is hospitalized with a breathing disorder so I have my grandkids right now who are 8 and 10 and this couldn't have come at a worse time! In my mind, a responsible merchant would at least hold a transaction until the details were worked out. Maybe make credit card purchases a little more complicated to protect consumers since the chips make everything so easy. Maybe protect the consumers funds instead of the thieves rights. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 24, 2016

Order a hat online in-store. A $50 hat that wasn't in stock in the store but available online. What did we receive? A clearance hat for $15. You cannot get hold of a rep over the phone. You have to wait 20 min to speak to a rep on live chat. Waste of time. They cannot do exchanges online. Only returns. They do not know why they sent the wrong hat when they had it in stock. I asked and they said, "I don't know, but we do have it in stock". Then I asked "well why was this one sent?" And their response, "Oh because the one you ordered is limited". Okay, so send me a random cheap hat? I paid for it in full at the store and this is what I get.

They have no clue of policies and they told me to search for stores that carry the hat when they have the hat in-stock at their facility but can't do an exchange? No way am I going to cruise the Bay Area to look for this hat when they could just simply send the correct item. It was a waste of my time. Now I have to go to the store to get a refund. Such an inconvenience.

Original review: June 4, 2016

I'm very upset about the way this company handles their online orders. I placed an online order thinking that when I paid for my hat online then I could just go to the store with an order # and pick it up (like most companies do) since the web page sends you to a "see if it's in stock at the store" page... Well that's not the case with Lids. They actually send the one hat that you ordered from the warehouse... Well problem is, it's been almost 3 weeks and it still has not made it to the store. They give you no shipping number... So basically you're just stuck wondering, "Where's my hat?" I'm pissed because I had an event to do and was gonna wear that hat and I ordered it way ahead of time and still came up short of the hat that was gonna match my outfit. And I refuse to go and spend extra just to get another one of the same hat that should of been here weeks ago... Pissed customer!!! I might just have to deal with the other hat companies online.

Original review: May 6, 2016

I have made one previous order with Lids.com before making this recent order. I found some "discount" items I just had to have 1) LA Kings ball cap, 2) LA Kings tank top. Upon arrival, I open my package to find the tank top, and that the items had been shipped separately. I throw on the tank top and notice the logo is tilted and not sitting straight on the tank top. It's not horribly off, but, it's enough to disappoint you for an 18$ "sale price" tank top. I contact customer service knowing that they do not take returns/refunds on sale items. This is fine with me as I don't want a refund, just a tank top without a tilted logo. Numerous emails were exchanged which resulted in me sending pictures of the tilted logo tank top I received. Customer service simply tells me they cannot do anything as the tank top is as pictured on the site and all discounted sale orders are final. Okay, so I bite the bullet for that one.

Now, nearly 3 weeks later, I received my ball cap. My 25$ "Sale" price ball cap has horrible stitching around the band portion which actually sits around your head which led to the material bunching up and causing creases to run from the bottom band of the cap up to the top near the button. I have not contacted customer service as of receiving the cap, but will do so in the morning. With these poor quality items sent to me, it makes me wonder if Lids is selling returned "damaged, but good enough" store items as "discounted" items. Just horrible.

Bottom line: Lids has extremely poor delivery on anything more than one item, extremely poor customer service, very bad quality control. I will no longer be doing business with them and have spoken to many friends, family and coworkers about my experience whom will also not be doing business with them either. I'd recommend the same. What should you do? Personally, I've been getting my favorite sports memorabilia through the NHL online store through my LA Kings app. Might not be a bad idea for to do the same. First two pics show how off center and tilted the logo is on the tank top. I folded the shirt for better reference points. Last shows the stitching in the hat seems. Unfortunately, I am only able to post three photos.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I placed an online order on Thursday, 2/4/2016 9:44 AM. It's now Tuesday 2/16/2016 9:30 AM. The order still shows as "processing". It has been almost two weeks since the order was placed. I followed up on Thursday of last week (Feb. 11th), and was told "You should receive this order by 2/15" (I have this in chat transcript still). According to the website, "orders of $60 or more, deliver in 9-12 business days, including order processing time, which is 1-2 days for in-stock items". But, we are on the 9th business day now, and it still shows as processing. All items on this order were indeed in-stock items.

Anyway, I called to cancel the order this morning, which again, according to the site, as long as it's still processing, and has not shipped, is allowed. I was told when I contacted the chat agent this morning, that she would put in the request, but can't guarantee a cancel. What??? If it has not shipped yet, there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to cancel the order. This is absurd. "You can cancel an order that does not contain embroidery only if it has not entered the shipping process. It is often too late to cancel an order because we start processing orders for 'In Stock' items within 24 hours. Once an order has been processed and it's too late to cancel, you will need to return the item once it is received."

My order shows as processing still. I have received no shipment notification. So, according to the above, then they should be able to cancel it. The chat agent countered with "well, it's already processing, so I can send the request to the warehouse, but it's up to them if they cancel or not. If it's meant to say that it can't be cancelled once processing has BEGUN, then they need to re-word the policy, as that's not what it says. The policy states that it can be cancelled as long as it has not entered the shipping process. My order has not entered shipping, and is still processing.

I can honestly say that I am extremely disappointed with this online shopping experience. Truth be told, it is probably the worst online shopping experience that I've ever actually had. I do a lot of online shopping, as do most people these days. I would have definitely been a valuable repeat customer. But given this situation, and depending on the outcome, I'm highly unlikely to ever shop at Lids again (online or in store), and will definitely be sharing this experience with my peers so that they can avoid experiencing similar headaches.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I purchased 5 hats on 2/27/16; order#**. I picked up my order in store (Oxford Valley Mall) to find only 2 hats had been delivered. The store manager called whomever and got my other 3 hats reordered and I was to pick them up the following week. I never heard from anyone so I called Lids customer service and I was told there was never another order put in and that my hats were sold; they had no more in stock. I was then placed on hold and then told that they found 3 hats at a store and they would ship them directly to me overnight; Order Number **.

I received an email today stating that my Credit Card had been refunded and the hats would not be sent to me because they were out of stock. I go on the phone with Lids.com customer service and they were unwilling to help me. I DID NOT approve a refund. I need 5 identical hats for my wedding and this whole process has become a nightmare. I was told on 3 separate occasions that my hats were there; I should be given the 3 hats or 3 similar hats to make up for it. I also, never received the refund on my credit card and I called my credit card company and they said they have had no processes or information from them of any kind since the 27.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

After reading some of these reviews, I had the same exact experience as JJ in Dallas who paid in full for an order, got it piecemeal & never got the rest of the order. No matter how much I email to ask about the missing items they can't find any of the orders I placed by my name, by phone #, or by my email, yet every 5 minutes they send me new emails about their new sales. I am so done with these people. I got most of my stuff so I'll live but this is called highway robbery when you pay for something & it is not sent to you. DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE. If you want to give away your money, donate it to animal rescue because these people have stolen enough!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Purchased an NBA hoodie online. Later I received the wrong style/model and 3 sizes smaller. I emailed customer service and after not receiving a reply for almost a week I filled out the enclosed return form and shipped it back to them. I later received an email stating they would refund my money, minus the $9 I had to pay for shipping. Eight days later and I still haven't received my refund. They lost a customer forever over $9 dollars. What terrible "customer service."

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

I am not kidding when I say this is the absolute worst company to order ANYTHING from. A month wait time no refund and I mean even 20 mins after you place your order. No phone call back. Absolutely rudest customer services reps. It's really shock me. I shop from home for my kids every day all day long. Every website from cookieskids, jcpenney, Macy's, old navy, Carter , Wal-Mart, target etc I have never had to wait this long with no answer or get the run around. I repeat do not waste your time. Do not think for one second your order or experience will be different. You or anyone else will be VERY disappointment. THIS just can't be a real company for real?

Lids.com Company Information