1.17/5
Based on 133 reviews that contain star ratings

134 Lids.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Placed an order for a hat my son has been wanting for his birthday a 2 weeks ahead of time. His party is this weekend and they are telling me now that it won't be here until the following Monday. This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. This seems to happen a lot and I will never order or shop from Lids again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I was given a sales pitch to sign up for "Premium Access Pass" for a 20% discount on all hats, and told that the 20% would stack with sale prices as well. After a few visits, that was proven to be false. Buy one get one 50% off in the store, or 25% off on the website did not stack with my Access Pass discount. It just gives you the one discount that would be the most off. If you're planning only to buy when there are sales, it seems like the premium pass is not going to help you very much.

The website is very misleading when choosing "Pick Up In-Store" as your shipping option. You can see what a store has in stock, and CLEARLY see a difference when choosing - "Pick Up Today In-Store" and if they don't have it, it will say "Ship to Store - 5 to 7 days." I saw a hat I liked in store and opted to pay for it online to get a better discount, and the cashier told me I would have to wait several days for it to be shipped to the store, regardless that my order confirmation said 'pick up today'. It doesn't help that every time I go in the store, it's the cashier's first day on the job.

Clearly, Lids has a long way to go when connecting their online system to their stores. Wal-Mart, Target and others are able to prepare an order for you in store that you've placed online. I understand they are larger companies, but Lids doesn't have nearly as much volume as those stores to be concerned with. If you're going to tell me on your website that a specific store has an item in stock and I can pick it up today, then you should be able to deliver on that.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Living in a rural area often forces me to shop online, especially for niche goods like official MLB New Era hats. My first $100+ order was unceremoniously cancelled, with no warning to me. Ironically, I’d attempted to change that same order just 3 hours after I placed it (I accidentally ordered black instead of dark navy blue) and was told it was too late, as my order was already processed and shipped! So I was lied to. Hoping for better luck, I placed a new order... It arrived okay, but I only received 2 of the 4 hats ordered. Again, no email or text message informing of the change and all the website said was “order completed.”

I complained and they grudgingly gave me a $10 electronic gift card to use on my next order. I’d already purchased their paid premium access membership that gives me 20% off, so their offer of 20% off my next order was of zero use. Taking advantage of their limited time free shipping, no minimum order promotion, I placed an order for 2 hats yesterday. I just checked and my order has been canceled yet again! I’m done! I’d rather pay a premium and shop elsewhere, or take my chances on Amazon with all the counterfeit Chinese New Era knockoffs. Avoid Lids.com/Lids.ca like the plague! After five weeks I’m still without the hats I originally wanted.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I went to Lids and Ford City Mall to get embroidery on to blank hats. The embroidery machine is not working properly. When they got done with my hats they looked horrible. Very unprofessional job but when I take my hat downtown to Lids they are perfect. The salesperson acted as if it wasn't a big deal. I pay $20 a piece for two leather hats and they are ruined.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Hello everyone, my name is Alexia. I made a purchase on March 5th. A baseball jersey for my cousin. It simply did not fit him, so I went to get a refund. Now I used 2 transactions. A $5 remaining balance off of my Amex card and the rest, which was $30.23, on my bank card. The manager of the store #8043 decided to refund me all my money on the Amex card. Now let me tell you, the Amex card only holds $25, so since she refunded $35.24 on it, the card got suspended due to exceeding the limit the card could hold. (I only found this out a week later). So basically my money was in limbo. I contacted the customer service twice.

I was finally reached out by an email. Philip **. Now I’m glad he was here to help, but he made it an absolute hassle. All I needed was a complete and constructed instruction. But he simply could not make it simple. His last request was for me to send him my bank statement (which I did) but for some reason I did not get a response, nor an email confirmation or an “Okay thanks, we’ll be giving you that refund check soon!” Nothing. Nada. It also took 2 weeks for Lids to actually decide to send me a refund check. This is my last year of high school and I only wanted a simple refund. Okay quality. Not okay service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ordered 2 hats over a week ago. After getting tired of waiting, I call customer service. They tell me part of the original order (2 hats) was missing and that they were sending out a new order. No one contacted me about my order and my tracking info never worked. They run a terrible operation and I will never order anything from them again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Absolutely horrible customer service. I ordered a hat in which the address was incorrect, so I call immediately. They tell me I can call tomorrow once it ships. I call and they say, "You have to call FedEx" (I placed my order with Lids not FedEx) so I call FedEx and they say call Lids. WTF! I call Lids back. They say, "Call FedEx." They don’t ship products. FedEx does. Circus act at best... I call FedEx again and they say the post office is delivering so you have to go to the office... I will never shop Lids online or in store again. Service sucks.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I recently ordered 2 hats 1 day shipping. I found out 1 day shipping is 4 days and waiting. I spent a great deal on phone to customer service. I was told there is a 2 to 3 day processing time. I didn't realize that when I paid the extra fee. I will not in the future waste my money on anything but standard shipping because I have no idea when shipment will arrive. All other vendors I've used 1 day is 1 day.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Paid willingly for Next Day Air to get hat for Super Bowl. Received shipping notice and delivery wasn't going to be til next week. I contacted them to cancel "no can do." I suppose it could be my fault that I didn't read reviews in advance, but I assumed they were reputable. Assuming it arrives when it is now scheduled, I will have paid the highest premium, for a service level that it's typically free or nominal with these types of online merchants.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My hatter said it had shipped from Williston VT and I live in a town about 30 mins away from there. I re-check shipping the next day and had them shipped from VT to CT and my shipping got pushed out 3 more days. Why the hell would you ship it to CT if it was already in my state and only 30 mins away???

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Been trying to have part left out of order sent for a month. Numerous emails and 40 and 50 minute wait for customer service. Promised 2 day air a week ago. Far beyond disappointed. Would like to rate no star.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I placed an order for in store pick up. When ordering it does not say time frame but a logical person would think in store pick up means in store pick up. It does not. It means they will ship it to the store. Why on earth would anyone do that? You would just have it ship right to your house. Since I thought in store meant in store I ordered. I called what they call "Customer service" and they basically told me to figure it out myself. They said I have to call the store to see if they have it. My response was, "Why would I call, you are customer service right?"

I then ask, "Can you give me the phone number or do I have to look that up?" Sends me a number that is in a completely different state and not a store. The store has no clue where anything is. I tell the "Customer service" rep to cancel my order and she says she cannot. Terrible service, nobody knows what is going on and really does not care. All I was told was to figure it out on my own. I am not picking up the order, calling my credit card company to tell them to deny the charge and telling everyone I know not to do any business with Lids.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I just had a very bad experience with the company and customer service. They were very unhelpful. I ordered something at 10AM. Fifteen minutes later I noticed a mistake. I waited more than three hours to speak to a person and then their response was they cannot help you. They said, "it began processing already." I tried to cancel. They said no. I spoke to a manager who was even less helpful. I will not use them again and I recommend strongly that you do not.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I ordered a hat on Sunday afternoon and paid for two day shipping. The hat wasn’t sent to me till Wednesday at almost 6pm according to the tracking. Good luck ever getting in touch with customer service. I would give them 0 stars but you have to give at least 1 to continue.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This was the first time using Lids. I bought 2 Vegas Golden Knights hats. Luckily I didn't read the negative reviews here. The price was excellent (with coupon) and the product was as described. The real surprise was that the hats arrived within a week of ordering. Amazing. Strangely there was no email confirming the purchase or shipping dates. I thought "there is no way I am going to get this". But here it is!! And in less than a week. I am no way connected to Lids or have any deal with them. I am an extremely satisfied customer. Highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I tried giving them multiple chances but the customer service will always say they can’t do anything because it's processing. Also the last order that made me snap is they screwed up my address and they said that they have no way to correct their mistake and I should call UPS to fix it. I told them they shipped it and made the mistake, address they’ve shipped to before, I shouldn’t have to call. They told me they couldn’t do it or it would be fraud.

I then told them to cancel it and refund me. I didn’t want anything to do with them and they said they couldn’t, that I would have to refuse the shipment or they would have to wait for it to be returned. I told them to call UPS and figure it out. They told me UPS is open 24/7 that I have to call them. Order before this one they told me they shipped my salute to service sweater and hat to come. Find out they never did and took my two weeks of calling them to find that out and when I canceled that order out of frustration they told me they could look up a nearby store with those item in stock. No "I’m sorry" or "we will correct order and have it shipped next day". They just basically told me to go to their store and get it. Their physical stores employees are great and good selection but online is horrible. Do yourself a favor and if you have to buy online go through anyone but these guys.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

This will be the 4th time I have contacted Lids on this issue. I had this hat made on the date listed on the Receipt in the Greenwood Mall while there with my family for a basketball tournament. This hat is junk! We live in Knoxville, TN But we was at the Lids 1645 Parkway #1040, Sevierville, TN 37862 about a month ago looking and my wife pointed how good they did on someone's Hat. They embroider and I made the comment, “Wished mine would have looked that way.” When the gentleman behind counter overheard my comment he asked me what happened and I explained. His name was **. He advised me he would make it right if I would bring the hat back and he would take care of me. I made a special trip to the store yesterday 9-4-17 and went to the store and spoke with the manager and explained the situation. Once he told me ** no longer works there, So he said they could fix it and I was happy to finally get what I wanted a usable $40.00 hat.

He went and the same brand hat and came back and explained, "It will only cost you $27.50 today?" I was like, “Are you serious?” He said, “Yes!” I explained, “That isn't right. If I had to pay that I would have $70.00 in a hat” and explained to him I was told it would be fixed at no charge to me by Nick and that is when he decided to let me know why Nick was fired which is totally unprofessional. I am a sales manager and I would Fire an employee who shared that with a customer!! He was very rude from that point on and told there is no way to do a hat for free. It would mess the inventory up like I am some idiot!

I have sent now 4 emails to Lids and have never had anyone contact me with an answer. Always says someone will contact me! I was going to chalk this up as a loss until yesterday and the rude manager you have working at that store. Worst customer service I have ever came across. You do not treat customers that way nor do you tell a customer why someone was fired. That is illegal. I will be posting all details on Facebook today. I have been buying from Lids for over 20 years and after yesterday I will never buy again nor will I let my sons buy from there either. Question Reference # **. Been going on for 4 months no response.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I placed an order and realized that I already had the same hat. I then tried to cancel the order two hours later but they told me it was being processed and they could not cancel. So you can't cancel an order two hours after it's placed. Lids has a lot to learn about customer service. They should take lessons from Amazon. Do yourself a favor and just order what you need from Amazon and forget the terrible customers service of Lids.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I purchased a hat on Lids the other day. I'm like ok, it's still processing, so I get on the live chat with this lady and she said "Well it takes 1 to 2 days to process." Well that would have been nice to know under the product I'm buying not on a FAQ screen. Because then I wouldn't have paid extra shipping to have it this week which is the week I need it and end up having delivered next week when the occasion has already passed.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I placed an order on 4/27 for 2 hats and a t shirt. I opted to have the items shipped to the nearby mall versus having it sent to my home. I was aware that my items may ship at different times which was fine with me. The first hat shipped on 4/28 and I received a phone call on 5/1 from the store letting me know to come pick it up which I did. I got an email on 4/29 that the shirt had shipped, but it had no tracking number. On 5/2 I received an email stating that my last hat shipped, but this time I did not receive a phone call. I tracked the package on UPS and it said that it arrived in the store on 5/3, so I went to pick it up.

No one in the store knew where my package was or who had signed for it. Fine, maybe the UPS driver took it to the wrong store, fine. So on 5/4 I received a phone call from the store and they tell me that I have a package there, but it is just a t shirt. No hat. I go online to chat with a representative who tells me that the reason why I did not receive a tracking number for the shirt is because it was sent with a store shipment and due to security reasons I could not have a tracking number for that (again, fine but that would have been nice to know). He tells me that he can have the hat that was lost can be processed in 2-3 days and have it sent back out. I thought that we had this all cleared up, but the very next day, I receive a notification that my order is being processed for the wrong damn hat, the one that I already have.

At this point I am furious and I go online to chat once again with a representative only for him to tell me that he cannot stop the order for the wrong hat and that he will put a note in the account so that I can get the correct hat. No apology or anything. I ask him if he can see where the error is made and he decided to be a jerk. This is ridiculous. I will never order anything from this company again.

Original review: March 11, 2017

So my roommate got me a Lids gift card for Christmas. She told me that the cashier had a difficult time getting the money on the card. Anyway, they managed to get the money on the card. I finally decided to use the gift card after receiving an email from Lids about 30% off clearance. So on the last day of the sale I spent hours searching through clearance sales. I finally manage to get 5 hats and 2 shirts for under $40. I click "confirm purchase". It tells me that I have no funds on my gift card. Umm? Wtf. So I try 2 more times. Still didn't go through. I call customer service and tell the guy what happened. He tells me I need to find out where it was purchased, when it was purchased, and for how much. Smh after waiting on hold. Now, I have to find out all the info regarding my card.

I call my roommate who is at work. She tells me she has the receipt in her room. This receipt is from three months ago. THANK GOD she is a hoarder. So I get the receipt and call them back. Tell the next person what's going on. They need all the info on the recent. INCLUDING the exact time of purchase. I'm a little angry at this point. I tell her that I'm also upset because this is the last day of the clearance sale. She promises me that when everything is worked out that she will honor the clearance prices for me. I wanted these items ASAP. So, I hear nothing for 2 days. So I message the customer service department. The lady says "It turns out that the card has been used at our Las Americas location in San Diego." Umm, I live in South Carolina and have NEVER been to San Diego. Haven't even left SC except to go to Virginia. So I message her back and ask "how is this possible?" That was yesterday. Still waiting on a response.

I tell my roommate what happened. And she is FUMING. So she calls as well. Gets the same "We will send it to the financial department." I am at a loss for words and do not understand how the hell this happened! And they keep sending us to customer service instead of giving us someone who can actually do something about it. Forget saying "I will never use Lids online again." As I will never go to Lids again period! This would have been my first purchase from them. Horrible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

So I ordered 2 Cleveland Cavs puffball hats over Presidents' Day weekend because the two hats were $10 each for a sale. So I order the two. I get an email giving me the tracking number. I'm in Ohio right now and when I look at the tracking number on the UPS site, it said instead of going from Illinois to Ohio, it shipped to California first for some unknown reason. So I wait a until the day it was supposed to be here. I get another email saying that the delivery was rescheduled to 3 days later. I'm furious at this point. First it was supposed to take 7-10 days and the day it was supposed to come was the 9th day. Then they rescheduled the delivery for 3 days later. Why did they not just ship it from Illinois to Ohio. They just "had" to ship it to California all the way across the country just to ship it back. I could have just waited to get it in the store. I'm never buying online ever again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I ordered a blank Scarlet Red 'New Era - 59fifty' fitted wool hat online (from New Era) for approx $40. Once I received it I took the hat to my local Lids for embroidery. I order the words "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" and agreed on the layout. I paid $22 (and I was accidentally double charged). I was told to wait 20 mins. I waited 40 mins and the young man explained it would take a little while longer, please stop in later. I left for work and waited for his call. Over 5 hours later he calls to say it's complete. I sent my wife in to pick it up. She text me a photo of the hat, it's destroyed. She said the man admitted to removing the embroidery 4 times and going over the job trying to "make it look right" which pulled the red wool apart on the cap.

I asked him to simply replace the hat, and refund my embroidery- he said that's not an option. I called customer service directly to demand a refund. It took 20 minutes to continuously explain a very simple story to them - the end result thus far is I need to wait 48 business hours for a phone call from an investigator to further evaluate their liability and responsibility with their employee destroying my ball cap in their Smith Haven Mall location, charging my card over $40 for a $20 service, refunding me altogether, and finally, reimbursing me for the replacement value of my brand new Scarlet Red blank New Era 59fifty (size 7-1/2). This terrible experience caused me the loss of half a day's pay, it caused stress and aggravation for my family, and delayed my owning this ball cap for another week.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

I went to the Lids store in my hometown and tried to find Pittsburgh Steelers knit hat. I was told you can order it from the kiosk. I put my info and used my bank card. Got a confirmation on my order with an order number. 1-14-17 I was told it takes 7 to 10 days, went by following Saturday and was told it will be in Monday. I called Tuesday and they said my order was canceled. 1-16-17 I got no email saying it was canceled. My bank statement shows on 1-17-17 that 32.46 was taken out by Lids and it was never put back in . Why was money taken out when my order was canceled on the 16th? They were not helpful. Now I have to go to my bank and get a copy and fax it to them before I get money back. I didn't receive a hat. That's stealing if they canceled on 16th. Beware of buying from Lids.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

If they have your hat available I suggest you find the closest Lids in your area and buy it in the store rather than buying it online. I spent over $100 plus I spent the extra $20 for overnight shipping just to find out that they didn't ship it overnight. I called the customer service for Lids.com and I spoke with an employee who was extremely rude and had an attitude with me because I was asking when my order was going to be shipped because I paid for overnight shipping and come to tell me that my order is not going to get there until about 4 days after I ordered it so I asked why am I paying overnight shipping if I'm not going to get my order for 4 days. It makes no sense to me and she said I had to order it the day of before 10 a.m.

Well the day that I did order it – I actually ordered it at 12 a.m. which would be about 10 hours before I needed to order it in order to get the overnight shipping but she apparently can't tell time and didn't understand what I was trying to tell her that I ordered it at 12 a.m. which would be that same day 10 hours before the 10 a.m. but I guess apparently Lids can't tell time either and it doesn't work that way so I asked for the money back and she went to tell me that "Oh I'll just cancel your whole order since you have issues with it." I was like “No, I'm asking for my shipping charge back. I'm not asking you to cancel my whole order.” She had the biggest attitude ever like I was an inconvenience to her. All I can say is they are zero help and from what I'm reading on other reports I'm not the only person and I'm not the first and I definitely probably won't be the last.

Do not order from them. Or until they can get some employees that don’t treat their consumers like garbage. I'm a customer service manager myself and the way that the employee talked was just was very unprofessional. I can hear the attitude in the voice not very understanding or apologetic at all. They need to reevaluate the employees that they hire for their call center because this is straight ridiculous us. As consumers we are keeping the company going! We spend our money there. If you keep hiring these crappy employees your business is going nowhere. Oh and that shipping charge the best back for still hasn't been credited to my card yet I was charged the full amount. Thanks Lids.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

Have placed 2 orders with Lids for a total of 6 hats (2 & 4 per order). 1st order, received 1 of 2 hats, and was notified that 1 hat was out of stock. 2nd order was for 4 hats and 1 of 4 hats was for wrong team. Called customer "service" and was told "sorry about the mistake" and "hat ordered is out of stock". So for their error, I got to waste time calling and now get to ship the hat back. Absolutely no effort in finding something to accommodate, just "sooo sorry for the inconvenience". Since when did empty apologies become good customer service? Support your local stores and avoid Lids. You'll be glad you didn't waste your time with their ineptitude.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

This is what you state on your website: "Our website is designed so that once the last available style or size has been ordered, that product is instantly removed from the site. Therefore, you are only shown inventory that is available." I placed an order on an item that was available on 12/19 and they was told on 12/23 that it would not be shipped because it was not in stock. I could have placed an order somewhere else, but I trusted that you had the item and that what you stated was accurate. Now I have no item when I could have gone to someone else to get it. You guys need to be honest about how your operations REALLY run. I'm so pissed. I could have gotten it somewhere else, but you tied me up thinking that I was getting the item.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

Lids is the worst online business ever. I go buy a classic Vince Carter jersey; 12/22/16 I use the one day over shipping option 20 dollars extra because I wanted it before Christmas and so it's the next day when the package is suppose to arrive so I go online to see the tracking number and where it's at and it directs me to Fedex the delivery service ever and it's says it's coming the 12/27/16.

I was in so much rage so I called lids. I had to wait a hour to get someone on the phone (probably because so many people called because how bad their online service is). Anyways someone picks up very polite and apologized this happened and said, "We have no control over it." So I asked for the refund and they gave it to me so the next day which is today for me 12/24/16 I call them about to ask them, "What's the point of adding those shipping options in if you have absolutely no control of when it comes?"

So this guy picks up and I told the situation and what happened I told him I already got my refund and I asked him the question and he says, "We have no control over what time the delivery comes." And I said I know that and I repeated the question again and he said the same thing so at this point I realized he's a hard-headed ** so I hung up and decided to write a review. I still haven't got my package and hopefully it contains the thing I ordered because I read some reviews and people got random things they didn't order and if I could I would give this negative or 0 stars. NEVER BUY FROM HERE!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

First off, do yourself a favor & NEVER order anything from Lids online. Their service was just as described on this site, TERRIBLE, & completely unprofessional. I made the mistake of looking up reviews after I already ordered. I purchased a hat on Tuesday, 12/13 & even paid two-day shipping for it to arrive sooner. I had plans to wear it on Friday 12/16 so I expected it to get there on Thursday, it did not. So I called customer service & she told me the hat would arrive on Friday as it was shipping locally from a store in my town. OK, understandable but that should have been my first red flag as the hat I wanted was ONLY available online - there were none in any store. When I got the hat Friday it was obviously the wrong item - a completely different brand of hat. So I called again, the wait was so long they have a call back list. Though they never called me back.

A few days go by & I figure I'll just return it at the store. Even a bigger mistake as their employees seem incompetent & were ultimately useless - I was told I could only receive store credit. I quickly rejected. The manager then proceeded to call the same customer service I had already been calling. Saying until they call him back there's nothing he could do which only made me more pissed. I wasn't going to wait any longer, I left & called customer service myself AGAIN with no results. I tried again the next morning & they have finally agreed to give me my refund & possibly a gift card but after all the bs I went thru I have no desire to spend a penny more with them. I'll get my hats elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

(Long story short I received my order after 7 business days). On Sunday 12-11-16 I placed an order for a vintage 90's Tracy McGrady Toronto Raptors jersey that I had a hard time finding anywhere else. The next day I received a e-mail stating my order had been confirmed. Shortly after, that same day I came across this review page about Lids and became extremely nervous. So nervous that I emailed Lids asking to cancel my order. I never got an email back from them so I assumed my package would be shipped which it was. On Tuesday I received a DHL shipping tracking number. I read DHL shipping reviews and I completely lost hope.

Then my DHL tracking number informed me that it had been passed on to USPS to handle the rest of the shipping. And it had. Was smooth and regular updated. It told me it had been delivered at my door at 4:03 Tuesday 12-20-16. And when I came home it was there waiting for me in the perfect condition. Let me remind you this was around holiday season as well. I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I can not complain. (DHL shipping had slightly weird formatting for the tracking, but nothing major.)

Lids.com Company Information