Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Lids.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered two hats, the ones that came were not the ones I wanted. Tried to return but their site will not recognize my order number of my email. No phone number to to call. Stuck with 2 hats that worthless... DO NOT ORDER FROM LIDS.COM.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Today my 16 year old wanted to purchase a hat from Lids since he's never owned one. We shopped at Lids at the Square1 Mall In Saugus MA. I felt very proud allowing him to feel independent, and do his own shopping while I waited for him right outside the store. Until, he was told by the Lids employee who typically introduce themselves with the “Hello, can I help you?” Line.??? That she was not interested in helping him. She told him he could not try on the hats, and she could not tell him his size. (NOT EVEN A GUESS??)? She walked away from him leaving him with no choice but to walk out.

I decided to go in with him and help him in getting a hat Because it broke my heart to see the disappointment in his face. This employee ignored me while speaking on the phone the whole time, then refused to help me when I asked for her help directly at her. The worker fixing the store door helped us!!!! While she stood behind the counter. I am raising my kids to know when and how to approach these situations especially in these trying times, but for a 16 year old brown kid to think his skin had something to do with the poor customer service is REAL ENOUGH FOR ME TO WRITE A Review!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 11, 2020

I ordered a baseball shirt with my fiancee's name on it on February 19. 2 months later they tell me it will be another 2 months. I asked for a refund several times but when called they denied it. I have several letters of request one point telling me my email was not on file. Frauds and liars all.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I ordered two hats for $41.98 plus $7.99 shipping, a total of $49.97. When I received the hats in two separate boxes, they were a size too small for my head. I took a trip to a Lids location to make an exchange and they claimed I could not do it in store and had to ship the hats back. I followed the prompts on Lids.com to initiate a return. I found out that return shipping would cost $9.99. That’s an absurd amount for a package that weighs well under a pound. They populated two return labels, one for each hat. I only used one label and put both hats in one box with the other label because I thought they might charge me twice. To get the right size, I’d have to make a new order and pay $7.99 shipping again. That’s $25.97 in shipping for a simple exchange for size. That’s a lot of money to ship two hats that weigh next to nothing.

But it gets better... they did charge me $9.99 twice for shipping despite me sending the two hats in one box. Out of the $49.97 I paid initially, I received $18.03 refunded to me. So two hats that did not fit which I simply wanted to exchange cost me $31.94 only to end up empty handed. I recommend you do everything you can to avoid shopping online with this company. They are clearly thieves and can’t be trusted to provide quality service. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Their customer service never responded to my message about this theft. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Order was said to have been delivered, but after two days of searching, it showed up at the post office. It was originally shipped by FedEx with a FedEx tracking number, and Lids email said it had been delivered. Called FedEx and found my order was shipped via something called "smart post." FedEx delivers it to the post office which is then supposed to deliver it to the customer. As a customer, I'm wondering how I was supposed to know this. I called Lids and the customer service rep was snotty and claimed "everyone else gets their packages," so no restitution offered, no real care and no apologies.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Lids wants to charge me $9.99 for shipping to return a hat. I can mail it on my own for $3.00, but you have to use their site in order to get the address for shipping. I will never use this company again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Terrible company. I have never heard of a company that has both online and retail locations, and you can't return items in store. Got this for my husband for Christmas, and he didn't like the print, so we tried to return in store. No can do. I started the online return process, and they want to charge $9.99 for a return label, when I already paid them shipping in the first place to get this piece of crap here. Never will buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I ordered 2 separate autographed NHL shirts for Christmas for my 2 grandsons. Both were over $250.00 each. I received them but they shoved both into 1 nice presentation box. How do I choose which grandson gets the nice display and the other a generic box. For that price 2 boxes would be expected. I called Lids more than 1 week before Christmas to ask for another box. They were very nice but did nothing. I purchase a lot of sports related items for my grand-kids and I will never purchase from LIDS again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Ordered stocking cap 19.99 with 5.00 off promo and free shipping, was charged on my PayPal additional 24.99 for expedited shipping!!! Customer service says part of a promo to be delivered by 24th was nowhere on my receipt for Lids but showed up on PayPal receipt after processing. I would never pay almost 3 times cost of hat for expedited shipping. What a stinking con artist company at Christmas time sticks it to customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I received the wrong hat from Lids after they had charged me $23 for shipping in order to receive the item before Christmas. When you receive the item, there is no return label, and if you have to make a return, you must contact the help center just to obtain a return label. There is no call line, you have to join an online chat. I went on in the afternoon, and the chat line turned me away because there was no one to help. It wouldn't even put me in line. I went on at midnight assuming that there would be no wait. It finally put me in line, and I waited about 5 minutes before it said that there was no one to help me, and it directed me to the "submit a question" page. I tried again a few minutes later and was finally connected with a customer service representative. However, the representative was largely unhelpful and quite incompetent.

First, I requested to exchange the wrong item for the correct one. Second, I requested a refund on the Guaranteed by Christmas shipping because I could not give my uncle his gift on Christmas. I am almost convinced the representative was a robot because I explained the items that I had received versus the items I was should have received 4 times before claimed she was able to understand the situation. After this, she sent the return label for the incorrect item, so I explained to her that it was wrong. Once she finally understood, she said that the item I had received was out of stock and she could only offer me a refund. After this, she explained that she had put in an order for the hat that I had already received (I ordered two; one was sent correctly). She said that once it came in the mail, I would have to return that one as well so I wouldn't be charged for it; and when I asked her to just cancel that order, she said she couldn't.

Now I have to send two orders back and will not be receiving the item I originally ordered. She said someone else would be emailing me about getting a refund on my shipping, so she couldn't even take care of that for me. The entire chat took over an hour for nothing to really be taken care of. The inaccessibility of help and the incompetence on every level is almost inconceivable. I am extremely unhappy with this experience and will not be ordering from Lids again.

Lids.com Company Information