3.9/5 (465 ratings)

About Lids.com

Lids.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I stopped in Lids in the Asheville mall to check out some hats and I was being helped by a gentleman named Chevis and he kept being interrupted by another worker named Jess who was being rude. I thought she was being very unprofessional and lacks the respect for her fellow co-workers when he was answering all my questions and was very helpful, I got slightly upset with her and left without purchasing anything.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I ordered some hats from Fanatics yesterday and they automatically entered a expedited shipping cost of 14.99 to my order which I didn't order or see until I paid already so I called back and canceled the order. I then ordered from Lids thinking they were a different company and they didn't apply my discount code from their website even though it said it was applied but after I punished complete order it removed it. I found out Fanatics and Lids are the SAME company and they both tried to scam me out of my money. I canceled that order too. They play games on their website to get you to pay more so be very careful when ordering and check your receipt.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered two hats, the ones that came were not the ones I wanted. Tried to return but their site will not recognize my order number of my email. No phone number to to call. Stuck with 2 hats that worthless... DO NOT ORDER FROM LIDS.COM.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Today my 16 year old wanted to purchase a hat from Lids since he's never owned one. We shopped at Lids at the Square1 Mall In Saugus MA. I felt very proud allowing him to feel independent, and do his own shopping while I waited for him right outside the store. Until, he was told by the Lids employee who typically introduce themselves with the “Hello, can I help you?” Line.??? That she was not interested in helping him. She told him he could not try on the hats, and she could not tell him his size. (NOT EVEN A GUESS??)? She walked away from him leaving him with no choice but to walk out.

I decided to go in with him and help him in getting a hat Because it broke my heart to see the disappointment in his face. This employee ignored me while speaking on the phone the whole time, then refused to help me when I asked for her help directly at her. The worker fixing the store door helped us!!!! While she stood behind the counter. I am raising my kids to know when and how to approach these situations especially in these trying times, but for a 16 year old brown kid to think his skin had something to do with the poor customer service is REAL ENOUGH FOR ME TO WRITE A Review!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I ordered a baseball shirt with my fiancee's name on it on February 19. 2 months later they tell me it will be another 2 months. I asked for a refund several times but when called they denied it. I have several letters of request one point telling me my email was not on file. Frauds and liars all.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I ordered two hats for $41.98 plus $7.99 shipping, a total of $49.97. When I received the hats in two separate boxes, they were a size too small for my head. I took a trip to a Lids location to make an exchange and they claimed I could not do it in store and had to ship the hats back. I followed the prompts on Lids.com to initiate a return. I found out that return shipping would cost $9.99. That’s an absurd amount for a package that weighs well under a pound. They populated two return labels, one for each hat. I only used one label and put both hats in one box with the other label because I thought they might charge me twice. To get the right size, I’d have to make a new order and pay $7.99 shipping again. That’s $25.97 in shipping for a simple exchange for size. That’s a lot of money to ship two hats that weigh next to nothing.

But it gets better... they did charge me $9.99 twice for shipping despite me sending the two hats in one box. Out of the $49.97 I paid initially, I received $18.03 refunded to me. So two hats that did not fit which I simply wanted to exchange cost me $31.94 only to end up empty handed. I recommend you do everything you can to avoid shopping online with this company. They are clearly thieves and can’t be trusted to provide quality service. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Their customer service never responded to my message about this theft. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Order was said to have been delivered, but after two days of searching, it showed up at the post office. It was originally shipped by FedEx with a FedEx tracking number, and Lids email said it had been delivered. Called FedEx and found my order was shipped via something called "smart post." FedEx delivers it to the post office which is then supposed to deliver it to the customer. As a customer, I'm wondering how I was supposed to know this. I called Lids and the customer service rep was snotty and claimed "everyone else gets their packages," so no restitution offered, no real care and no apologies.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Lids wants to charge me $9.99 for shipping to return a hat. I can mail it on my own for $3.00, but you have to use their site in order to get the address for shipping. I will never use this company again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Terrible company. I have never heard of a company that has both online and retail locations, and you can't return items in store. Got this for my husband for Christmas, and he didn't like the print, so we tried to return in store. No can do. I started the online return process, and they want to charge $9.99 for a return label, when I already paid them shipping in the first place to get this piece of crap here. Never will buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I ordered 2 separate autographed NHL shirts for Christmas for my 2 grandsons. Both were over $250.00 each. I received them but they shoved both into 1 nice presentation box. How do I choose which grandson gets the nice display and the other a generic box. For that price 2 boxes would be expected. I called Lids more than 1 week before Christmas to ask for another box. They were very nice but did nothing. I purchase a lot of sports related items for my grand-kids and I will never purchase from LIDS again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Ordered stocking cap 19.99 with 5.00 off promo and free shipping, was charged on my PayPal additional 24.99 for expedited shipping!!! Customer service says part of a promo to be delivered by 24th was nowhere on my receipt for Lids but showed up on PayPal receipt after processing. I would never pay almost 3 times cost of hat for expedited shipping. What a stinking con artist company at Christmas time sticks it to customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I received the wrong hat from Lids after they had charged me $23 for shipping in order to receive the item before Christmas. When you receive the item, there is no return label, and if you have to make a return, you must contact the help center just to obtain a return label. There is no call line, you have to join an online chat. I went on in the afternoon, and the chat line turned me away because there was no one to help. It wouldn't even put me in line. I went on at midnight assuming that there would be no wait. It finally put me in line, and I waited about 5 minutes before it said that there was no one to help me, and it directed me to the "submit a question" page. I tried again a few minutes later and was finally connected with a customer service representative. However, the representative was largely unhelpful and quite incompetent.

First, I requested to exchange the wrong item for the correct one. Second, I requested a refund on the Guaranteed by Christmas shipping because I could not give my uncle his gift on Christmas. I am almost convinced the representative was a robot because I explained the items that I had received versus the items I was should have received 4 times before claimed she was able to understand the situation. After this, she sent the return label for the incorrect item, so I explained to her that it was wrong. Once she finally understood, she said that the item I had received was out of stock and she could only offer me a refund. After this, she explained that she had put in an order for the hat that I had already received (I ordered two; one was sent correctly). She said that once it came in the mail, I would have to return that one as well so I wouldn't be charged for it; and when I asked her to just cancel that order, she said she couldn't.

Now I have to send two orders back and will not be receiving the item I originally ordered. She said someone else would be emailing me about getting a refund on my shipping, so she couldn't even take care of that for me. The entire chat took over an hour for nothing to really be taken care of. The inaccessibility of help and the incompetence on every level is almost inconceivable. I am extremely unhappy with this experience and will not be ordering from Lids again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I placed an order on Thursday added one day 15.99 shipping was supposed to arrive Friday afternoon. Never received it. I didn’t get no notification that they changed to Saturday. I call Lids they tell me to call another line to get tracking information because they didn’t know why or where the package was at the moment. I call the LS line that they gave me. They couldn’t even tell why the driver didn’t deliver the package. She continues to tell me wait till the end of Saturday to see if I get the package if not call them back and she took my number to pass the message to the driver.

Saturday arrives and nothing gets delivered again! I call lids once again because at this point I had to go to the mall and purchase the items to make sure I had them. They tell me it was delivered at a different location than the address I PROVIDED! && I couldn’t get a refund till a whole 24hrs from the time it was “delivered” to the made up location because it’s one of the policy’s. So I call Sunday to get my refund and the man on the phone proceed to process another order instead of refunding the amount! Horrible experience. Never again will I shop online with lids. Horrible service!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

My online order was supposed to be delivered today by FedEx. My tracking number states the store was closed at 6:05pm which the mall is open tonight until 11pm so the driver is lying. I called FedEx. Great customer service. I call Lids.com and HORRIBLE to deal with. Won't even pick up the phone to call FedEx. Oh sorry maybe it will get there tomorrow. This is a Christmas gift with a guaranteed delivery. I am sure that is BS too!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

We had a hat embroidered today and it looked awful. They would not re-do the work nor give us our money back. The girl doing it seemed to be a newbie and was constantly on the phone with her manager for help. The thread broke and stopped at least 15-20 times just on the first letter of embroidery. That was while we were there. Who knows how many it times it stopped for the rest of the letters. The girl was having problems with the machine the whole time and kept adjusting it. The embroidery on the hat looks shoddy and not fluid. It looks like a kid tried doing it. She called her manager who wouldn’t do anything remaking or refunding. Said store policy is no returns. We were told to pay for the hat before it was made and weren’t told anything about any ‘store policy’. We Spent $43 for a hat that will never be worn!!

The girl's excuse was that the letters were big and that’s why it looks the way it does. If it was a seasoned employee they could have warned us about that issue and we would have gladly had the font smaller. Truth is was the machine kept breaking the thread so she had to keep starting over and adjusting the hat so it missed areas. She didn’t seem concerned about it and she saw what the first hat we had done there years ago looked and how precise the stitching is. The dark gray hat is the one that the embroidery didnt turn out good. The light gray is the one that we had done about 5 years ago. The light gray hat embroidery was crisp and flows well. The one we had done today is very sporadic with the stitches.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I'm a CUSTOMER of 6 yrs buying online, all was good, ton of hats of all variety. Now just sports. Had a access pass to buy things at 10% apparel. 20% for hats in the clearance area. Every 100.00 dollars spent you get 10.00 coupon. Now this company was brought out by Fanatics. All change for the worst. They don't even send you a invoice on what you brought. You have to figure out which item goes with order. Disaster! I wish they never sold out. They were better than Fanatics.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I placed an online order for $100 gift certificate paid with PayPal. It was for my son's birthday. I put his email, name and a message in the form. It has now been 36 hours and I've spent at least 1.5 hours talking to customer service that can't help me. Apparently they are sending it to me and then I must forward it to my son. Live chat for 40 minutes and the girl was no help. Today on the phone for 30 minutes (mostly on hold), no help. I guess I'm the first one ever to buy an online gift certificate because they have no idea how to process one or even the procedure. Just wait 24hrs is the answer. Never Again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I ordered a jersey with the expected shipping date of no later than September 30th. On October 3rd I received an email letting me know that the jersey will not be shipping until further notice. It is now October 10th and they are still unable to specify when the jersey will even begin the shipping process. Their website is still promising shipping dates 7-days after order but, they still aren’t fulfilling orders from weeks previous.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Bought a few shirts for my wife. She wears a medium everyday of the week but I wanted her to be able to put some insulation underneath the items so I ordered her a large. Guess what? I guess Pakistan or wherever doesn’t have our size charts here and it was still too small! Here is the crime....so it Lids charges me 5 dollars to ship and of course bills me for it, when I return it, you download a label which is prepaid but Lids charges you and takes it out of your refund money!!!! They charged me 11.50 to ship it back hence they took 11.50 from my refund! What a ** company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

- Noticed shipping takes way longer than before Fanatics bought them. (Avg. 7-9 business days.)

- Packaging is lazy. (Caps just in the box without plastic cover OR invoices.)
- Refunding is ridiculous. They charge you for the return label which was 14$ plus sales tax??

- Customer service is extremely hard to get a hold of.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I've never experienced this. I always shop at Lids but this time I decided to go online and order... I was checking my order and I notice it's still says pending. I went to live chat and was told this BS about Security Credit Check. WTH does that have to do with me purchasing a hat online. I buy stuff online all the time but this really threw me off... I've never went through nothing like this before. Well I know one thing I will never purchase online again. I should have went into the store like always. It's always something.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I sent back several items that I ordered. Upon receipt got the wrong order. Used the label that Lids provided and it showed returned. After Lids received the box they never refunded any of the money after 7 days. I think this a scam that the new owners fanatics are doing in order to cut down on return costs. If they send you the wrong item and you used their label to return it expect not to get a refund. I would avoid this company if you are a consumer reading this review. Lids service has really went down the toilet.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Very disappointed in Lids policy as of March to no longer ship to store free. They now charge $3.99 unless you order at least $35 worth of merchandise. This is only $1 less than shipping directly to your house. Almost every major retail store offers free shipping to their stores at no charge. Since the company's sale and part ownership by Fanatics, Fanatics now holds a monopoly on MLB and NFL sports caps etc. I guess they feel you have no choice but to pay for this service. No longer a customer after many years. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Now that they no longer provide free shipping to store...I will no longer shop online with them. Less personal service means worse service as seen in other reviews. Live chat that never seems to be available.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I ordered the Raptors championship gear on the night they won the title. But it took a month to come. I ordered a tshirt and a hat. The hat never came, yet they charged me for both. The delivery fee was also significant and I do not know why they charged because it says 2-7 business days, but it took a month to get here. I called them and they said they can give a refund for the item that I did not received, but not a refund for the delivery fee or the shirt. Because it took such a long time, I ended up buying another Tshirt at Sport Chek. Why would you even offer online service if you are not capable of carrying out a simple order? So even if I were to return my products, I would still be scammed off the delivery fee that took much longer than it was expected. Very dissatisfied, will never order from Lids again and I will make sure my friends and family will never order from Lids again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Purchased two snap-backs and had it shipped to the store for pick up. Once there I decided I did not want one of the caps. I was told Lids.com and the actual Lids store are no longer the same. The online site was bought out by a company named "Fanatics" therefore I could no longer return the item at the store. When I went online to start the return process, they wanted to refund me only $14.00 for a cap I paid 23.99 for. They were charging me $9.99 to send the cap back! That's ridiculous and turned me off to the website. I will not purchase online again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased a hoodie in June and still haven't received it by July. Shipment date keeps getting pushed back. Live chat is never available. When I pay for shipping I expect the guaranteed shipping terms to be kept.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Bought some Raptors championship gear but they kept delaying the ship date so I just wanted my order cancelled. My initial call had them falsely proclaim that I will get my refund in 2-7 days. Turns out they shipped half my order anyways and wants me to pay for the shipping costs. After some persistence they refunding my shipping but not the tax from it. In order to get my full refund I have to wait another 3 weeks. Pretty embarrassing and a likelihood that I'll never buy from Lids again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

No delivering. Two times I tried to order items, two times they cancelled my order even by using two different addresses. That's what they said: "Unfortunately we were unable to verify your order with the information provided and your order has been canceled and refunded".

Original review: July 8, 2019

Very disappointed in the last 2 interactions with the support team that informed me that I could not cancel my order despite the website saying that an order can be cancelled at any time. Essentially I placed an order almost 3 1/2 weeks ago with no update on shipping and the standard shipping time is supposed to be within 3 to 7 business days. After 3 weeks of waiting, I realized that I would probably be better off going into the store to purchase these in stock items, and tried three separate times to contact support, explicitly letting them know that I no longer wanted the order. I asked them to mark this on the account and they claimed it would unlikely the items would be shipped since there was this issue flagged on my account. To my surprise, coincidentally both items have shipped and no I have no recourse but to wait until they arrive, meaning I need to wait even longer for a refund to be processed which I think is unacceptable.

It's now going to be such a hassle to refund the items when I stated I no longer wanted in the first place -- they should not have been shipped. I suspect I was given the runaround on purpose as this should be a deference tactic to prevent me from following through with a refund. Interesting that only when I attempted to cancel the order, the items mysteriously shipped on a Saturday and Monday respectively no less.

Heads up for other customers, if you try to cancel an order, doesn't seem like their order fulfillment and sales systems talk to one another and they will still proceed with the shipment of an order you attempted to cancel. Definitely would not purchase again. Buyer beware -- do yourself a favor and just go into one of the stores where refunds are much more straightforward. Also the customer agents will claim they can't do certain things on an account and say you'll hear back regarding an escalation in however many hours -- do not trust this. This business is deceptive with their support messaging. Again BUYER BEWARE.

Lids.com Company Information