Lids.com

• 2%
  • 0%
  • 78%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2023

At store buy 1, get 1 50% percent off. The manager and worker says it's not for jacksonville or Miami teams since they are winning. I have informed my 42,000 followers to not go to this Lids store for they are using false sales ads.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

I ordered a hat that took over 2 weeks to receive, got the wrong size when I finally received it. I got my money back and was thinking about reordering the right size after they removed the $10 dollar fee to ship it back but, luckily I didn't get another because they say they take the fee off but in reality, they don't refund the full amount spent so they may even not fully refund your amount plus charge you $10 if you return it and that's basically $20 so if you end up getting the wrong hat because they send the wrong hat or size you pay extra just to get the hat you originally ordered. I think that's crazy a company charges you for a mistake on their end. I don't care if it's shipping or whatever it is. I feel if it's a mistake on the company's end they should be the ones taking a loss but, if you want to pay extra $10 - $20 for a company mistake I guess go for this company.

I knew something told me wait until my refund hit my account before I reordered the right size because the guy who I spoke to on the phone was sure trying to get me to reorder the right size right then and I'm so glad I didn't because they was just trying to finesse me before I realized they still penalized me for them screwing up by refunding me less. The shipping fee with this company is crazy. I know 2 sites better that don't even charge for shipping and it gets shipped way faster. LIDS IS BAD BUSINESS, BEWARE!!!!!!!

Process

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

I am extremely disappointed with the service I received from Lids. I ordered custom jerseys, and despite providing my unit number for shipping, the labels were incorrectly printed, resulting in my items being returned to your facility. To make matters worse, when I reached out, I was informed that nothing could be done to rectify the situation. It's baffling to me that such a simple request to include the unit number on the label was mishandled. The lack of attention to detail and the failure to meet basic customer expectations have left me thoroughly dissatisfied. This entire process has been a frustrating and inconvenient experience.

I'm thoroughly displeased with the way my order was handled, and I cannot in good conscience recommend your company to anyone. This ordeal has left a sour taste in my mouth, and I would not wish this level of incompetence and disregard for customer satisfaction on anyone, not even someone I strongly dislike. I also showed Lids the confirmation it was returned who signed for it - when but they refuse to refund me on their error.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

Buyer beware of Lids "Free Shipping". All thru the selection/purchase process I entered a discount code which was for "free shipping". After the credit card purchase process was satisfied the purchase summary showed the purchase price had included the shipping cost.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

I ordered 3 items. One was a piece of jewelry that was barely the size of my pinkie nail and extremely misleading. 2 were shirts. One of the shirts I didn't like the fit and the other I wanted to exchange for a smaller size. I tried to do the return online and couldn't so I had to call in. The rep assisted with the return of the 2 items at a cost of $9.99 (which wasn't that clear when ordering), and they proceeded to process the exchange. She then came back and said that they don't do exchanges - I would have to return the shirt and reorder. To process this return now would be an additional $9.99 because she processed the other one already - and reordering the shirt would cost shipping fees as it wasn't now eligible for free shipping. I will definitely be more mindful of return policies in future, but will never order from here again.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

Today I'm making a purchase of a hat. Upon entering a store employee stops me from coming in. He says they're going on lunch. Yet 4 other people are in there buying. Whatever happened to good customer service? I thought it was about making a sale. He basically said you have to wait until lunch is over. I'm busy and I'm not living on their time. It would of only been two minutes for a sale. These kids are so lazy today. This is a second time I've been denied a sale. Never will I go there again.

Staff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I did not have a good experience. I was waiting and waiting and never asked if I needed assistance. I stood in front of the desk waiting to purchase a hat and not once was I was if I needed help. I definitely think there needs to be more than 1 employee as that employee was not helpful.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I needed a birthday gift for Feb 6th, ordered on Feb 1, paid $24.99 for 2 business day delivery, expecting to see it by Feb 3rd. Did not receive it and there was no option to cancel. Spoke with an agent on Feb 4th who said she will submit a ticket to cancel. Received an email on Feb 6th that they are still working to ship the order?? I called and the agent said she will submit a cancellation, but could not provide a confirmation # or email to capture this. This is frustrating. (Both agents were super polite, the process is what needs improvement).

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2022

I ordered two hats for a gift for my husband. Both hats were ordered in the size 7 3/8. When the hats arrived, one was the correct size, the other was 7 1/8. I called customer service, who was kind, and noted that the receipt and the order invoice had 7 3/8 on it. She resent the hat with 2 day delivery. The hat arrived and again in the wrong size 7 1/8. I called and was told that I now have to receive a refund and if I want another hat I have to reorder and pay for it. Such a bunch of crock. You suffer for their ignorance. To make it worse, the young lady hung up on me. I would go to a thrift store and purchase a hat before I pay another dime to Fanatics!!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2022

Purchased a fitted LA Dodger cap online. Absolutely said cap will get to me next day. Had a game to go to, so I pulled the trigger. Cap delivered 8 days later. Tried cap, fit was too tight. Check website & online instructions & states you can return to store. I was upset about delivery but thought a quick exchange would make up for it. Drive to Brea Lids store & told online order can only be returned online. Lids online only using Lids name (as explained by salesperson). Pretty much shady retail policy. Don’t think I’ll do business with Lids in the future.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 16, 2022

Tried to return a hat, which I purchased two of different sizes, and decided to keep one. Lids.com denied my request, being 5 days late from their own "policy". For the record, Fanatics, which owns Lids, has a 365-day return policy, while Lids has a 90-day. Confusing, being the same company. Could've at least offered a exchange credit, in my opinion. Within the same week, back with customer service, on why a hat wasn't delivered yet. Stated it would be delivered in 3-7 business days. Now on day 14. I would not recommend to shop here.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 15, 2022

I made a purchase of a custom jersey as a birthday present. The website told me that it would ship the next day, so I ordered as I needed it in a week. When I received the email confirmation it told me that the shipping date would be more than a month later. I immediately called to cancel the order, but was told that the order was already started, and couldn't be cancelled. (If it takes a month to put custom name and numbers on a jersey, then they have bigger issues than customer service).

Once the Jersey arrived I tried to return it, but was told that custom orders can't be returned. I have argued relentlessly that their website promised next day shipping on the order, and that was the only reason that I bought it. They don't want to stand by the promise that the website makes, and refuse to refund my money. Lids is a shady unethical company that lures you in with false shipping dates. I will not buy from Lids again, and would advise anyone not to shop there.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2022

Worst shopping experience of my life. Lids.com (AKA Fanatics) should have a disclaimer on every product page that states that it will take over a month for orders to be delivered (if at all). Please DO NOT order from this site or you will wait endlessly for a product that is never coming. Waited over a month, only for their support team to tell me that my order was "Lost in transit" twice. It's basically a scam website that doesn't honor any delivery commitment. You have been warned.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2021

Scammed me out of $150 and then refused to refund me. Worst company I have come across. Do not shop here unless you want to be ripped off. Hours of my time and hundreds of dollars wasted on a company that does not care about customer service.

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

I ordered a jersey from them. I ordered on August 12th, and the shipping time said 3-7 days. I waited a month to finally receive my order. When I opened the package the jersey wasn’t there! Very shady.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

I'm 55, so talked to many Customer Service agents in my life. Lids is the WORST I have EVER encountered. Their CR people are rude, unhelpful, inept (I had to give them the product ID - they couldn't find it). They did bait & switch with coupons. God forbid you have a return - that will cost you $9.99 for shipping!!! No one should EVER purchase from this company. Class Action lawsuit should be filed for deceptive practices. BUYER BEWARE!!

Reviewed March 23, 2021

I made a return and asked for my receipt back and I was denied... When I came in the associate was on a personal call and I waited although I shouldn't have to. I greeted her and she didn't greet me back... Fine. I explained I had a return. She asked why, I stated it had nothing to do with the hat. She snatched my receipt and I asked her "Did you just snatch my receipt ma'am?" And she said, "No why would I do that"? I stated, "You did, so only you can answer that." I explained she didn't greet a customer and made me wait for her on a personal phone call.

I explained that, "I am the only customer so you can continue your call when your done with me so please don't be rude"... She abruptly wanted me to sign a receipt and said, "Have a good day!" I asked for my original receipt with the returned receipt and she gave me nothing!! She stated, "Store policy is no return receipts!!" I have never heard of such.. I asked her name and she refused. She stated she does not give her information out.. I expressed I would be lodging a complaint and it was then I asked to take a picture of my receipt and also recorded her disgusting customer service. She then states her name is Taylor.... I will NEVER SPEND MY MONEY HERE AGAIN....

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

I went to Lids at Concord Mills and the worker had an attitude before I even went inside. Because of Covid, they only allowed a few people inside at a time, which I understood so I did not mind waiting. He first had an attitude when he let the door down and told me I had to wait. Once I went inside, I politely asked for help with customizing a hat and he still acted as if he did not want to help me so I just said thank you and left empty handed. This experience bothered me because I work in customer service as well so I understand how annoying it can be at times, but treating customers poorly when they’re being nothing but respectful to you is unacceptable. This is not how you should treat people who are coming to spend money with you.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2020

My son went into Lids to have a picture put on a hat. They told him that they needed to convert a file for him so he can have it printed on a hat. They charged him $25 to convert his picture in a different format. He went there in November and never heard back from them. He tried multiple times to call the Palisades store and never got an answer. When he finally got the salespersons whose name is Brandon on the phone, Brandon told him he didn't want to do business with my son and hung up on him. I then called the store myself and spoke with Brandon. Before I can finish my sentence Brandon hung up on me. I called back and got Brandon again, he said for me to call back tomorrow to speak with someone else because he didn't want to deal with me. He then hung up on me again before I could ask why. I called a 3rd time and got no answer so I continued to call until they answered.

I asked Brandon to not hang up on me since I was not disrespectful and just wanted answers. He finally spoke to me and still had an attitude. After asking him nicely to please assist me he did forward the file to another store since he was not going to be of any assistance to us. I find this extremely unprofessional and lacking any type of customer service that you would expect from a company with a long reputation. I was extremely shocked with this entire experience and cannot understand how Lids can have an employee with such a bad attitude working for their company.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2020

I stopped in Lids in the Asheville mall to check out some hats and I was being helped by a gentleman named Chevis and he kept being interrupted by another worker named Jess who was being rude. I thought she was being very unprofessional and lacks the respect for her fellow co-workers when he was answering all my questions and was very helpful, I got slightly upset with her and left without purchasing anything.

Sales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

I ordered some hats from Fanatics yesterday and they automatically entered a expedited shipping cost of 14.99 to my order which I didn't order or see until I paid already so I called back and canceled the order. I then ordered from Lids thinking they were a different company and they didn't apply my discount code from their website even though it said it was applied but after I punished complete order it removed it. I found out Fanatics and Lids are the SAME company and they both tried to scam me out of my money. I canceled that order too. They play games on their website to get you to pay more so be very careful when ordering and check your receipt.

Reviewed July 28, 2020

I ordered two hats, the ones that came were not the ones I wanted. Tried to return but their site will not recognize my order number of my email. No phone number to to call. Stuck with 2 hats that worthless... DO NOT ORDER FROM LIDS.COM.

Reviewed June 26, 2020

Today my 16 year old wanted to purchase a hat from Lids since he's never owned one. We shopped at Lids at the Square1 Mall In Saugus MA. I felt very proud allowing him to feel independent, and do his own shopping while I waited for him right outside the store. Until, he was told by the Lids employee who typically introduce themselves with the “Hello, can I help you?” Line.??? That she was not interested in helping him. She told him he could not try on the hats, and she could not tell him his size. (NOT EVEN A GUESS??)? She walked away from him leaving him with no choice but to walk out.

I decided to go in with him and help him in getting a hat Because it broke my heart to see the disappointment in his face. This employee ignored me while speaking on the phone the whole time, then refused to help me when I asked for her help directly at her. The worker fixing the store door helped us!!!! While she stood behind the counter. I am raising my kids to know when and how to approach these situations especially in these trying times, but for a 16 year old brown kid to think his skin had something to do with the poor customer service is REAL ENOUGH FOR ME TO WRITE A Review!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 11, 2020

I ordered a baseball shirt with my fiancee's name on it on February 19. 2 months later they tell me it will be another 2 months. I asked for a refund several times but when called they denied it. I have several letters of request one point telling me my email was not on file. Frauds and liars all.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 19, 2020

I ordered two hats for $41.98 plus $7.99 shipping, a total of $49.97. When I received the hats in two separate boxes, they were a size too small for my head. I took a trip to a Lids location to make an exchange and they claimed I could not do it in store and had to ship the hats back. I followed the prompts on Lids.com to initiate a return. I found out that return shipping would cost $9.99. That’s an absurd amount for a package that weighs well under a pound. They populated two return labels, one for each hat. I only used one label and put both hats in one box with the other label because I thought they might charge me twice. To get the right size, I’d have to make a new order and pay $7.99 shipping again. That’s $25.97 in shipping for a simple exchange for size. That’s a lot of money to ship two hats that weigh next to nothing.

But it gets better... they did charge me $9.99 twice for shipping despite me sending the two hats in one box. Out of the $49.97 I paid initially, I received $18.03 refunded to me. So two hats that did not fit which I simply wanted to exchange cost me $31.94 only to end up empty handed. I recommend you do everything you can to avoid shopping online with this company. They are clearly thieves and can’t be trusted to provide quality service. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Their customer service never responded to my message about this theft. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2020

Order was said to have been delivered, but after two days of searching, it showed up at the post office. It was originally shipped by FedEx with a FedEx tracking number, and Lids email said it had been delivered. Called FedEx and found my order was shipped via something called "smart post." FedEx delivers it to the post office which is then supposed to deliver it to the customer. As a customer, I'm wondering how I was supposed to know this. I called Lids and the customer service rep was snotty and claimed "everyone else gets their packages," so no restitution offered, no real care and no apologies.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2020

Lids wants to charge me $9.99 for shipping to return a hat. I can mail it on my own for $3.00, but you have to use their site in order to get the address for shipping. I will never use this company again. Buyer beware!

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

Terrible company. I have never heard of a company that has both online and retail locations, and you can't return items in store. Got this for my husband for Christmas, and he didn't like the print, so we tried to return in store. No can do. I started the online return process, and they want to charge $9.99 for a return label, when I already paid them shipping in the first place to get this piece of crap here. Never will buy from them again.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

I ordered 2 separate autographed NHL shirts for Christmas for my 2 grandsons. Both were over $250.00 each. I received them but they shoved both into 1 nice presentation box. How do I choose which grandson gets the nice display and the other a generic box. For that price 2 boxes would be expected. I called Lids more than 1 week before Christmas to ask for another box. They were very nice but did nothing. I purchase a lot of sports related items for my grand-kids and I will never purchase from LIDS again.

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

Ordered stocking cap 19.99 with 5.00 off promo and free shipping, was charged on my PayPal additional 24.99 for expedited shipping!!! Customer service says part of a promo to be delivered by 24th was nowhere on my receipt for Lids but showed up on PayPal receipt after processing. I would never pay almost 3 times cost of hat for expedited shipping. What a stinking con artist company at Christmas time sticks it to customer!!!

Lids.com Company Information