3.8/5 (113 ratings)

About Lids.com

Lids.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lids.com?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

We had a hat embroidered today and it looked awful. They would not re-do the work nor give us our money back. The girl doing it seemed to be a newbie and was constantly on the phone with her manager for help. The thread broke and stopped at least 15-20 times just on the first letter of embroidery. That was while we were there. Who knows how many it times it stopped for the rest of the letters. The girl was having problems with the machine the whole time and kept adjusting it. The embroidery on the hat looks shoddy and not fluid. It looks like a kid tried doing it. She called her manager who wouldn’t do anything remaking or refunding. Said store policy is no returns. We were told to pay for the hat before it was made and weren’t told anything about any ‘store policy’. We Spent $43 for a hat that will never be worn!!

The girl's excuse was that the letters were big and that’s why it looks the way it does. If it was a seasoned employee they could have warned us about that issue and we would have gladly had the font smaller. Truth is was the machine kept breaking the thread so she had to keep starting over and adjusting the hat so it missed areas. She didn’t seem concerned about it and she saw what the first hat we had done there years ago looked and how precise the stitching is. The dark gray hat is the one that the embroidery didnt turn out good. The light gray is the one that we had done about 5 years ago. The light gray hat embroidery was crisp and flows well. The one we had done today is very sporadic with the stitches.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I'm a CUSTOMER of 6 yrs buying online, all was good, ton of hats of all variety. Now just sports. Had a access pass to buy things at 10% apparel. 20% for hats in the clearance area. Every 100.00 dollars spent you get 10.00 coupon. Now this company was brought out by Fanatics. All change for the worst. They don't even send you a invoice on what you brought. You have to figure out which item goes with order. Disaster! I wish they never sold out. They were better than Fanatics.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I placed an online order for $100 gift certificate paid with PayPal. It was for my son's birthday. I put his email, name and a message in the form. It has now been 36 hours and I've spent at least 1.5 hours talking to customer service that can't help me. Apparently they are sending it to me and then I must forward it to my son. Live chat for 40 minutes and the girl was no help. Today on the phone for 30 minutes (mostly on hold), no help. I guess I'm the first one ever to buy an online gift certificate because they have no idea how to process one or even the procedure. Just wait 24hrs is the answer. Never Again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I ordered a jersey with the expected shipping date of no later than September 30th. On October 3rd I received an email letting me know that the jersey will not be shipping until further notice. It is now October 10th and they are still unable to specify when the jersey will even begin the shipping process. Their website is still promising shipping dates 7-days after order but, they still aren’t fulfilling orders from weeks previous.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Bought a few shirts for my wife. She wears a medium everyday of the week but I wanted her to be able to put some insulation underneath the items so I ordered her a large. Guess what? I guess Pakistan or wherever doesn’t have our size charts here and it was still too small! Here is the crime....so it Lids charges me 5 dollars to ship and of course bills me for it, when I return it, you download a label which is prepaid but Lids charges you and takes it out of your refund money!!!! They charged me 11.50 to ship it back hence they took 11.50 from my refund! What a ** company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

- Noticed shipping takes way longer than before Fanatics bought them. (Avg. 7-9 business days.)

- Packaging is lazy. (Caps just in the box without plastic cover OR invoices.)
- Refunding is ridiculous. They charge you for the return label which was 14$ plus sales tax??

- Customer service is extremely hard to get a hold of.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I've never experienced this. I always shop at Lids but this time I decided to go online and order... I was checking my order and I notice it's still says pending. I went to live chat and was told this BS about Security Credit Check. WTH does that have to do with me purchasing a hat online. I buy stuff online all the time but this really threw me off... I've never went through nothing like this before. Well I know one thing I will never purchase online again. I should have went into the store like always. It's always something.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I sent back several items that I ordered. Upon receipt got the wrong order. Used the label that Lids provided and it showed returned. After Lids received the box they never refunded any of the money after 7 days. I think this a scam that the new owners fanatics are doing in order to cut down on return costs. If they send you the wrong item and you used their label to return it expect not to get a refund. I would avoid this company if you are a consumer reading this review. Lids service has really went down the toilet.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Very disappointed in Lids policy as of March to no longer ship to store free. They now charge $3.99 unless you order at least $35 worth of merchandise. This is only $1 less than shipping directly to your house. Almost every major retail store offers free shipping to their stores at no charge. Since the company's sale and part ownership by Fanatics, Fanatics now holds a monopoly on MLB and NFL sports caps etc. I guess they feel you have no choice but to pay for this service. No longer a customer after many years. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Now that they no longer provide free shipping to store...I will no longer shop online with them. Less personal service means worse service as seen in other reviews. Live chat that never seems to be available.

Lids.com Company Information