1.27/5
Based on 33 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

33 HauteLook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had ordered a nice blow dryer set (states it was regularly $250), and the box the blow dryer came in is missing the brush (the slot for it is totally empty). After speaking with customer service, then 2 levels of management, they stated all they could do was have me return the blow dryer set I received and they'd send me a new set upon receipt of the old one. Shipping would take another 3-4 weeks. The brush that came in the set is also sold separately and still available on its own as well, yet they refused to send it separately.

I paid for this with my Nordstrom Card, which collects interest on these purchases until I receive them so if I need to return them, I don't end up with a negative balance on my credit card. I order here often, usually every month, and often items get canceled because they've run out of stock, or an item will arrive damaged; however, I have always taken care of, until now. I ended up filing a dispute with Nordstrom Card Services at THEIR suggestion. Doesn't Nordstrom own HauteLook??

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ordered the same boots twice because I kept receiving shoes instead. Customer service was nice and told me they would try to rectify the situation. I was told numerous times that they would call me back and I never received a phone call. When I called to complain they apologized and again was told I would receive a call the next day. I still didn’t get a call. Fed up I called again and they apologized. The girl said by Monday she would have an answer of the situation of me getting shoes instead of the boots rectified. She promised to call me Monday. Never received a call. Completely fed up. I deleted the app.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered three items and never received them. They will just keep your money for months without notifying you if you will or will not receive ordered items. Customer services is horrible, they drag you along as long as they can. Today I talked to a manager and she explained me that they can't guaranty if you will receive your order. HauteLook should put that on their site and make customers aware that they are giving money up front for product that HauteLook doesn't have in stocks. I feel cheated. They should refund my money with interest.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I placed two orders with them in the last year and I regret both of them. The first order was a seriously defective sweater that never should have passed even the minimum quality control. The second order was sent in the wrong size. I've learned my lesson, never ordering from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I wish I found this site before I order on HauteLook. Anyway I purchase my order last Black Friday online. Website said it will be shipped 2-4 days and never get a email about my order number or tracking number. So Call them a week after. The customer service told me I put a wrong email address. For the fact do I know I log in to my account in HauteLook how the hell is it wrong? So they fix my email and send me a order number and tracking number. It says UPS will deliver it in my house on 12/4/2017 by the end of the day.

Well I never seen any packages in my front porch so I called the local UPS in our town. They said they never get the packages and I have to call the place I order my item. So I called. The customer service told me, "Oh that's weird. We shipped it and it's the UPS fault." I am beyond pissed and so over this **. I email them I want my money back if they can't find my order. Not again. I would never order in this site. I never had a problem with other cheap websites. HauteLook is a liar and stealing people's money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HauteLook?

Original review: June 5, 2017

Never EVER order anyone a gift from here. They have no system in place to process returns for giftees. I didn't want the purchaser to know I was exchanging the item... But was told by customer service the only way to do so was drive 2 hours to the closest store... Or have the credit go back to the original purchaser. Pretty out of date system if you consider the number of online gift purchases that happen today.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Terrible customer service. I ordered two jumpsuits online, they were shipped separately and the first one arrived in my city, but was never delivered to me. It's true that my apartment number was missing from the mailing address. It's also true that I had a second address on the website's database that was correct, with the apartment number. I also never received any notification of any kind to let me know that my ordered that arrived, or that there was a problem with it. Once I found out it was being sent back, I contacted customer care, who told me that the company's policy is that they do not re-ship internationally. So basically, I waited three weeks to find out that my package had arrived and been sent off and that there is no chance of me getting it at all now.

I am being refunded and a $15 credit was put on my account as well. It all seems ridiculous though, I don't think I will do any more shopping with HauteLook at all and would strongly recommend that others avoid the site too. I just hope that my updated address has actually been applied to my second package, because I'd like to at least get one of my two orders.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I order this Morphe brush set 513. Took forever to get here and once it did I was really excited to try it out. I come to find out when I was applying my makeup - it didn't matter if I was applying blush, eyeshadow or powder - any of the brushes wouldn't get any of the product at all. I thought I had bought a fake or replica product. I contact Morphe and ask them if HauteLook was one of their distributor. They agreed and said yes and insured me they were authentic. Then I told them my situation with my brushes. Morphe told me to contact HauteLook and let them know that sometimes the brushes come out defective on the hair, not necessarily have to be broken, but sometimes the hair has oils that doesn't allow them to pick up any product.

So that's what I did. I emailed them and I called them on the phone. They said they were going to look into it. After a week of wait they email me telling me that there was nothing for them to do, that I received my item perfectly fine. They do not return or refund any money due to I had purchased the item describe on their website. But they forgot to mention the precious sucked. So they didn't even cared what Morphe had told. All they cared was about their ** money. Never again I'll purchase from them. I rather spend a little bit more and get it from the actual website.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I purchased nearly $400 in Adore skincare products. My face started breaking with allergic blotches shortly after making the change to the products. I called HauteLook to ask about a return under the circumstances. They told me that once a sale event is over, they cannot take such products back, not even if the product has caused harm. Advice: Don't risk buying skin care or other similar products through Hautelook as you have no ability to return the products no matter what those products do to you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I use to make regular purchases at hautelook.com/nordstromrack.com and this Thanksgiving I made the purchase (25, Nov 2016) of two items 1. BOSS Sunglass 2. Men's Scarf. I called customer care to get the tracking number but the agent will not provide UPS tracking number instead she said my package will be delivered by Friday (9, Dec 2016).

I waited until 5 pm but no package arrived so I called HauteLook Inc customer care at 888-547-8438. Agent said she is going to file a complaint with UPS and someone from UPS will call me. I asked her for case number in case if I have to call back but she said there is no case number. She offered me a refund which I refused as items which I bought were heavily discounted so decided to wait for another week. After not hearing back from anyone I called Hautelook.com customer care again to find out my package was lost and Hautelook.com do not have same products at that discounted price. Hautelook.com is cheating on customers and I would like to other customers beware of sale scams run by this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

On several occasions I have experienced items being canceled due to incorrect inventories. I can't help believe that HauteLook retailer doesn't really have control of their business. In any event, charging me at time of ordering, holding my funds for three weeks, before advising of a cannot ship position, is completely contrary to the reputation Nordstrom has sought to develop and maintain. In addition and most importantly, I purchased items for gifts on Black Friday, 11/25/16. Opting to buy from HauteLook and missing other retailers deals/sales makes this even more frustrating. I find it deceitful and manipulative for this type of business model to exist from a Nordstrom business.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I placed a large order a month ago for coats and shoes. On the item it specified that it'll ship in 1-2 days. I even have a screenshot proving that. It's almost a month later and I only got a part of my order a day or two ago. In addition to that in the bag of the 2t coat that I ordered that had the actual puffer coat label attached came a WOMEN'S DRESS. An ugly bohemian creased women's dress that dates back to the '60s, instead of a BABY COAT! I'm trying to call and email them for two weeks and there's no one responding. Just now I finally got through to a supervisor after my 2 week attempt and waiting on hold for almost an hour. She claims Hautelook doesn't owe me anything. This is how they operate and if I want I don't have to shop there again. WOW! What in the world? Also, one pair of shoes she said they're out of stock and I won't be getting it at all. Seriously? Does it take a month for me to be informed about that?

In addition the missing items that I never received, well, I might, or might not, get it someday. She had an excuse about warehouse issues or something. She refused to let me return the whole order as is unless I PAY FULL return shipping! About the false advertising of the actual item stating it'll ship within 1-2 days she said I was lying. It's been a year since they changed it. She said I probably didn't update my app in over a year! That I must not be very tech savvy. Really? My phone is brand new. I'm sure Samsung didn't download last year's app. In short I didn't get half my order almost a month later. She wouldn't resend the missing items, or compensate me on my wasted time. I will definitely never shop at that store again!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I ordered the Morphe 350m and 350s palettes from HauteLook. It informed me that they would ship in 2-4 weeks. I received them in the mail today in perfect condition! Just wanted to write a good review as I was a little nervous ordering after reading all the complaints. I would recommend HauteLook!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I was so excited to shop at HauteLook for my birthday as recommended by my friend. My bday was Sept 14 and I ordered products from this company Aug 17 hoping that my bday gift will be at least on time. Unfortunately, it did not come. On Sept 20 I received my tracking number and I saw that it was delivered in the wrong place. I called the company. They said, "Look at your patio or front door or grass or ask a neighbor if they receive your package." I said, "I live in Texas and it was delivered in New York! I do not have that big property from Texas to New York." Then she said she will call UPS in Texas 'cause sometimes they write the wrong delivery place. Apparently, UPS do not have any clue about this issue. The customer service told me that she will investigate and will keep me informed.

Two days came, I did not get any information. Called them again for updates. The person I talk to do not have any clue about my issue. She said the same thing the other customer service person said. She will investigate and will keep me informed. I said, "You guys recognize the mistake. Just fix it and FIX IT FAST! Expedite it! You let me wait for 1 1/2 months already! Make it possible!" They cannot give you a specific time frame of when they can deliver the product. It is very frustrating! Shopping is supposedly fun and pleasurable. HauteLook makes it a nightmare! So if you want to have a great shopping experience with the product delivered on a timely manner go to another shopping website! I thought this is a reputable website but I was extremely wrong.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

HauteLook worked well for me and customer service was great about one year ago. I have been a loyal customers for years. Few times if an order ran out and wrong item was shipped, the customer service would pay $10 for this mishandling. However, now this is no longer the case. First, there were more chances items were shipped with mistakes, I got items with wrong sizes and sometimes order were shipped partially. There is $0 paid for their mistakes! The return of wrong item takes one month at least, which means you get your money back after a long time for their mistakes and all the trouble you have to go through. Ironically, one time they shipped half of my order. I called the customer service, they offered 25% money back if I keep the item. What? You shipped 50% of what I paid for and you want to only give me 25% back? Do you think I am that bad at math?

After spending my precious time negotiating, they finally were willing to give back the 50% that they didn't ship! I am shocked by this, because I am dealing with Nordstrom here, not some flea market vendor. I provided my feedback to them and no response from them ever. I see others complained about inventory issues they have. This happens a lot now and they didn't seem to care about what customers think anymore. I can say the quality of HauteLook service really dived dramatically and they will lose customers for this.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I guess it's a continuous problem because of the other reviews. I ordered a handbag and a jean. Both were planned to ship 2-3 weeks after the event close, sounded odd to me but still I ordered them. After waiting all that time I received an email that my jean will be shipped separately and my purse was on the way. I received the jean with a wrong size and an email cancelling my handbag because of short inventory. My problem is that I checked the website out and they opened a new event with the same handbags brand and style that I didn't receive. I will have to go to a Nordstrom Rack to return the wrong jean and I won't use HauteLook again. I think they use false advertisement.

Original review: June 18, 2016

There is an issue with their website. It was not able to process my card and instead of reporting my issue to someone who could help, they hung up on me three times. I had used my card recently, as well as called my bank to confirm that the card was in working order. They are rude and unwilling to help. Awful website and company and I will never be using them again.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I guess this is a consistent issue because I'm reading other reviews where people are experiencing the same issue. This will now be my fourth time I've ordered from Hautelook and what I ordered was cancelled due to inventory. I will not be ordering from them again. It's unreliable and what I was hoping to receive never showed up. I've contacted them multiple times questioning the status and nobody returned my call. I'm shocked this is a company of Nordstrom because I love Nordstrom. This is quite a bad reflection on Nordstrom considering their level of customer care. I highly don't recommend ever ordering from Hautelook not to mention when you do get an order it takes forever to actually receive.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

I ordered some items on December 21, plus more the following days. I called and chatted online in January to find out what was happening. Finally, in mid to late January, I found out I was not getting the items due to overselling them. On other orders, it took longer than the 2 to 3 weeks shipping after the event ended. Two items were badly damaged. I was given a credit and I thought I applied the credit but somehow the entire amount was charged. I was not able to straighten it out. I cancelled the order. It has been pure frustration dealing with HauteLook.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. Ordered 3 items in November for Christmas gifts. Never received them. Called week before Christmas, all they can say is it was being "processed for shipment". Numerous emails sent and no one replies. It's now January... Called again... Told it was delivered (after Christmas). I now have to wait 2 more weeks while they investigate. Something tells me I'll have to call many more times. Never ordering again! They DO NOT stand behind products they sell even blaming the other companies for the issue. Shady company to me!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

On two separate occasions I've ordered items from HauteLook that never arrived. The first was a home item which was never delivered so when I contact customer service they tell me that the address was marked by the carrier as undeliverable and was returned to the shipper. Two weeks had passed and no one ever called me to let me know, offer a different shipping (although the one I provided was 100% correct) or offer a refund. To top things off, when I managed for them to give me a refund, they reimbursed me for everything except for the shipping, so I had to absorb the $15 cost of a negligent shipper that never delivered the package.

My second order (yes I still had faith that this was a serious company, being part of Nordstrom), was sent through UPS. The tracking number says it was delivered but I never received it. They opened an investigation and I was supposed to hear back from them two weeks later when it closed and I would receive my reimbursement. I never heard back so I call HauteLook, impossible to get through. I call UPS and they tell me that the shipper (hauteLook) had closed the investigation and it said that I had confirmed that I received it. I never received it, they never called me and I most definitely never confirmed that I had received it!!

I call HauteLook again and they tell me that they can't determine why the investigation was closed but that they'll reopen it and I'll have to wait another two weeks for them to process and close and THEN I'll be reimbursed. I had to become profoundly upset for them to reimburse me (on 10/20/15). When I looked at the order details they put that it was returned on 10/6/15 - the same day it was supposedly delivered. I don't know what's going on but I don't recommend this site at all.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I have attempted on serial different days and times of day to use their website. It is horribly slow to load each page at least 30+ seconds per page. This made me stop trying to spend my money there.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

I ordered a pair of Frye Park D Ring Boots in Black size 7. I received a pair of Sam Edelman Gray Booties Size 9. I called the customer service number and spoke with an agent who told me they no longer had the boots I ordered in my size and that I could take the boots I received to a Nordstrom Rack to get my money back. So their solution was that they were not going to do anything about the fact that I can no longer receive the boots I paid for and waited a week to arrive. Now I get to spend my time returning something I didn't order in the first place in order to get my 191.00 back. I asked to speak with a manager and was told she was on the other line and would call me back. I never heard from the manager so I called back and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up. Awful customer service. I will no longer be shopping at HauteLook/Nordstromrack.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I ordered shoes from Hautelook and I STILL not received them after months. I've called the service center several times and they notified me that it was delivery's fault. They would not return it and they had no solution for me. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Once again I ordered two pairs of pants, one in blue and one in black. They send me the same pants in black twice! No blue! The blue is a powder blue, not navy so there is no excuse. To make matters worse it was pulled from the store and on a hanger.

Original review: July 1, 2015

The merchandise is good. But the odds of getting what you actually ordered are low (and getting worse and worse, more recently). HauteLook will ship the wrong colour, the wrong size, and often enough, altogether an absolutely different product altogether. (I am now the owner of a pair of women's boots if anyone is interested. I had ordered men's shoes.) Yes, they make amends (refunding your money), but I already had my money before this whole thing started. I didn't need them to take it and then give it back. I want the thing I ordered! (This is not an isolated incident. Happens repeatedly, well over 50% of the time. I have given up on HauteLook.)

Original review: June 24, 2015

Ordered 2 sets of sheets. Made absolutely sure they were king size sets. Finally received the stupid PILLOWCASES. 50$ FOR PILLOWCASES? Called and told them they made a mistake. No refunds or returns. A big old screw you. Enjoy your expensive ** pillowcases. They changed the description. I checked twice before I confirmed also. I think they had a lot of complaints because I purchased the last set supposedly in blue and just a couple left in cream. Don't order from them... There are better discount, higher quality companies with better products.

Original review: May 26, 2015

For those who are about to try HauteLook "refer a friend" offer, please be aware as this is somehow a swindle to me. I referred my friend who lives in the same rental house, so he has the same shipping address with mine. Regardless he used his own credit card to order his stuff on Hautelook, not mine paying info. The $20 credit for refer a friend which I am looking for after he successfully made his order, is still turned off because the supervisor claimed that we have the same shipping address. How great the system and professional CS way to treat a loyal customer are. I am not happy!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

It's amazing how little they care about customer loyalty/satisfaction. After multiple purchases over several years with very few complaints (minus the snail's pace shipping in the past) I have been burned beyond forgiveness. Placed an order this week, immediately realized the second I pressed "complete order" that my shipping address didn't update with my billing address. Immediately called customer service, put on hold, was told if I input my number they would call me when I was at the front of the line. Lo and behold no call back.

Called next morning - told "it was too late to change address, wait until you receive shipping notification, call again and they'll have UPS reroute in transit." Call AGAIN, with shipping notification in hand. "Oh too bad, we shipped it with USPS - you're out of luck." NOT a single apology throughout, no offer to help or refund, despite the fact that they are shipping a box cross country from where I currently live. And no option at any time to cancel my order - is that even legal???? Companies like this are why I pay for AMEX. I am reporting this and will have my credit card company dispute all charges. In the meantime, I'll be telling everyone I know to stay far away - if it seems too good to be true it is.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

Buyer beware. I was giving my bedroom an overhaul and ordered two Parvez Taj paintings and a wool blend rug from HauteLook ($730.00). After 3 months the paintings finally came in and were obviously damaged. The rug was missing half the print.

HauteLook expert review by Erin Huffstetler

This Nordstrom-owned company specializes in flash sales on clothing, shoes, handbags and home décor and getaways. Sales typically last 48 hours or until sell-out.

• Free returns: Send items back within 21 days for a full refund. Some categories are not eligible for returns, but these are clearly marked.

• Clear shipping policy: It covers shipping cost, time and everything else you need to know.

• Sales move fast: If you want to get in on a deal, you’ll need to move quickly to nab the size or color that you want.

• Requires membership: To view deals you will need to sign up for a free account.

• Shipping: Orders can take up to 14 days to arrive.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler

Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

HauteLook Company Information