1.24/5
Based on 37 reviews that contain star ratings

37 HauteLook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I'm not much of a reviewer, but this company is SO BAD, I am doing a disservice to others by not speaking up! I used to shop this site A LOT. As another reviewer stated, it's part of Nordstrom (known for great cust serv)! I boycotted it 4 yrs ago because of REPEATED errors on their end - wrong items shipped, selling out of items and not notifying me, not crediting returns in a timely manner, etc., etc. I was actually trying to furnish a house after a move, so it's not just about not getting the designer shoes I wanted. It was truly inconvenient and frustrating.

I am Active Duty Military, which provides additional challenges in terms of ordering, timing deliveries & returns, and communicating with customer service when deployed. Across the board, this company is APPALLING in all of those aspects. I remained a customer for too long despite its failings because they had an extensive selection of clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, gifts, etc., all at great deals. But there is nothing in the world I NEED badly enough to suffer such poor Sales, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service. ONE example: I once ordered a large piece of furniture (a shelving unit) and instead, received a hideous table lamp in the shape of a horse (and I like horses!). Not remotely similar in type, size, shape, design, or anything, so not sure how they mixed up those items!

Also, I used to work in Loss Prevention (Security) for high-end retail and understand the inner workings of questionable practices ("customers", employees, and companies themselves). There are many practices credit companies and retailers engage in that are sketchy and legally shady. Those include not crediting customers in a timely manner, repeated inexplicable delays in orders once a customer's credit card has already been charged, and most frequently, not closing/deleting a customer's account when they request it. This is particularly dangerous for credit and identity theft.

I had requested my account be closed 4 yrs ago when I had had enough of their issues. About 6 wks ago I went back to HauteLook for the first time and made a purchase, thinking they HAD to have improved in those years! First, I was COMPLETELY wrong! My account and login were STILL active! Despite that, I still placed the order, but I got deployed with very short notice and was not able to return some items before the 45-day return policy limit (missed it by 1 week). I really expect anything, and I'm incredibly grateful for all of the benefits those of us in the military receive. I understand policies and rules, but when so many companies are so supportive and accommodating to military members, it surprised me when I reached out to customer service regarding my return and was categorically denied any leeway. After 45 days, there is a 50% restocking of all returned items; after 60 days, NO returns are accepted.

I was repeatedly told that that charge was automatic and there was NOTHING they could do. I was polite and respectful, simply asking if there was ANYTHING that could be done -- a store credit? Asking a supervisor? Anything? Nope. They repeated that they offered to take the items back for a 50% fee, which was their policy, and I could read it in their "Return Policies" section on their website. Military or not, this is just a horrible return policy. On top of everything, they were just plain rude.

Sorry this is so long. The most important things are that this site is NOT worth your time or money; too often, they ship the wrong items or have other issues with their Sales and Quality Assurance. When you try to resolve those issues, their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Just today, when I stated that I would like to AGAIN close my account as a direct result of their poor track record and most recent lack of customer service, their only reply was to ask for confirmation that I want my account closed. Period. EVERYTHING is a choice, they choose to engage in poor practices and not care about the customer at all. I choose to spend my money elsewhere. I sincerely hope that this helps any prospective customers to steer clear of HauteLook! There are so many other options to spend your money! (I have had FANTASTIC experiences with Sierra Trading Post (for 20+ yrs!) and GILT, just to name two.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Not the first time HauteLook had done this!!! I ordered a Derek Lam top on 8/21/18. HauteLook cancelled this production 9/14/18 and did NOT bother to notify me. I checked the site, again, on 9/12 and noticed the product had been cancelled. I then phoned HauteLook to discuss this matter. HauteLook does NOT provide Any remuneration for their SCREW UPS. So if you are thinking about shopping HauteLook: THINK TWICE!!! They defraud the customer!!!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

To be honest, I didn’t expect myself to be writing a bad review about a company that’s owned by Nordstrom. Nordstrom for Christ sake! It’s pretty pathetic. I ordered these Fenty Puma creepers and fleece Fenty Puma backpack that everyone’s trying to get their hands on. For the shoes and bag it says it’ll take 1-3 days to process after the sale, until they split my order and the backpack goes into transit first the second day. The shoes are still “processing”, so I wait patiently because I was super excited to finally get them. Boy I should’ve did my homework on this website before ordering anything.

I didn’t read about how terrible the experiences people have had with this store until after I ordered. I felt stupid because the day before I read any reviews I ordered a Fenty sweater for fall but again, that was before I read anything. Next thing you know the same exact thing that happens to most customers, happens to me just hours later! Hilarious! So after I read almost all of the bad reviews so I know what to expect with these people, I got a little worried because my shoes still haven’t been shipped at all. So I contact HL by email Sept.1st to ask if they even had have the shoes they’re trying to sell. By Sept. 2nd around 5pm I get a response saying oh they’re working to update all orders and should receive tracking soon. Which was a lie.

That same day, 5 hours later I receive an email saying that the shoes have been canceled and they’ve given me a refund for them, which was another lie. Don’t waste your time. They’re liars and sell things on their website that they don’t even have! Who does that?! And they could care less about how the customers feel about their sorry excuse of a company. They make Nordstrom look really bad and if they keep this up, they’ll lose even more customers. I’ve only gotten one package from Nordstrom Rack with no problem, so I expected the same thing with HauteLook. They’re a joke. I’d rather pay full price, $160 for the same shoes someplace else that I trust then to shop there. Never shopping with them ever again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered a watch on Friday for my boyfriend's birthday present that I was going to give him on the cruise we were going on the following Friday. I received the watch on Tues and it was broken. I called customer service asap to replace and they said they would send it today so I can received it by Thursday but they would have to get approval and would call me back. He never called and I called the next morning to find out what happened and they said there was nothing on the account stating I called. First of all, why would I even call if it wasn't important for me to have that watch by The time I leave for my trip and secondly if I didn't call, they would have never followed up on anything for a dissatisfied customer.

I ended up having to return the watch at a local Nordstrom rack and I bought another one somewhere else. I should have done that in the first place but knowing how customer service is so important to them and that's why we pay more, I thought I would be taken care of. Never again will I order there. Amazon is 150% better and I would pay twice as much just to get treated better. Bye Bye! Nordstrom HauteLook.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had ordered a nice blow dryer set (states it was regularly $250), and the box the blow dryer came in is missing the brush (the slot for it is totally empty). After speaking with customer service, then 2 levels of management, they stated all they could do was have me return the blow dryer set I received and they'd send me a new set upon receipt of the old one. Shipping would take another 3-4 weeks. The brush that came in the set is also sold separately and still available on its own as well, yet they refused to send it separately.

I paid for this with my Nordstrom Card, which collects interest on these purchases until I receive them so if I need to return them, I don't end up with a negative balance on my credit card. I order here often, usually every month, and often items get canceled because they've run out of stock, or an item will arrive damaged; however, I have always taken care of, until now. I ended up filing a dispute with Nordstrom Card Services at THEIR suggestion. Doesn't Nordstrom own HauteLook??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HauteLook?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ordered the same boots twice because I kept receiving shoes instead. Customer service was nice and told me they would try to rectify the situation. I was told numerous times that they would call me back and I never received a phone call. When I called to complain they apologized and again was told I would receive a call the next day. I still didn’t get a call. Fed up I called again and they apologized. The girl said by Monday she would have an answer of the situation of me getting shoes instead of the boots rectified. She promised to call me Monday. Never received a call. Completely fed up. I deleted the app.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered three items and never received them. They will just keep your money for months without notifying you if you will or will not receive ordered items. Customer services is horrible, they drag you along as long as they can. Today I talked to a manager and she explained me that they can't guaranty if you will receive your order. HauteLook should put that on their site and make customers aware that they are giving money up front for product that HauteLook doesn't have in stocks. I feel cheated. They should refund my money with interest.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I placed two orders with them in the last year and I regret both of them. The first order was a seriously defective sweater that never should have passed even the minimum quality control. The second order was sent in the wrong size. I've learned my lesson, never ordering from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I wish I found this site before I order on HauteLook. Anyway I purchase my order last Black Friday online. Website said it will be shipped 2-4 days and never get a email about my order number or tracking number. So Call them a week after. The customer service told me I put a wrong email address. For the fact do I know I log in to my account in HauteLook how the hell is it wrong? So they fix my email and send me a order number and tracking number. It says UPS will deliver it in my house on 12/4/2017 by the end of the day.

Well I never seen any packages in my front porch so I called the local UPS in our town. They said they never get the packages and I have to call the place I order my item. So I called. The customer service told me, "Oh that's weird. We shipped it and it's the UPS fault." I am beyond pissed and so over this **. I email them I want my money back if they can't find my order. Not again. I would never order in this site. I never had a problem with other cheap websites. HauteLook is a liar and stealing people's money.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Never EVER order anyone a gift from here. They have no system in place to process returns for giftees. I didn't want the purchaser to know I was exchanging the item... But was told by customer service the only way to do so was drive 2 hours to the closest store... Or have the credit go back to the original purchaser. Pretty out of date system if you consider the number of online gift purchases that happen today.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Terrible customer service. I ordered two jumpsuits online, they were shipped separately and the first one arrived in my city, but was never delivered to me. It's true that my apartment number was missing from the mailing address. It's also true that I had a second address on the website's database that was correct, with the apartment number. I also never received any notification of any kind to let me know that my ordered that arrived, or that there was a problem with it. Once I found out it was being sent back, I contacted customer care, who told me that the company's policy is that they do not re-ship internationally. So basically, I waited three weeks to find out that my package had arrived and been sent off and that there is no chance of me getting it at all now.

I am being refunded and a $15 credit was put on my account as well. It all seems ridiculous though, I don't think I will do any more shopping with HauteLook at all and would strongly recommend that others avoid the site too. I just hope that my updated address has actually been applied to my second package, because I'd like to at least get one of my two orders.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I order this Morphe brush set 513. Took forever to get here and once it did I was really excited to try it out. I come to find out when I was applying my makeup - it didn't matter if I was applying blush, eyeshadow or powder - any of the brushes wouldn't get any of the product at all. I thought I had bought a fake or replica product. I contact Morphe and ask them if HauteLook was one of their distributor. They agreed and said yes and insured me they were authentic. Then I told them my situation with my brushes. Morphe told me to contact HauteLook and let them know that sometimes the brushes come out defective on the hair, not necessarily have to be broken, but sometimes the hair has oils that doesn't allow them to pick up any product.

So that's what I did. I emailed them and I called them on the phone. They said they were going to look into it. After a week of wait they email me telling me that there was nothing for them to do, that I received my item perfectly fine. They do not return or refund any money due to I had purchased the item describe on their website. But they forgot to mention the precious sucked. So they didn't even cared what Morphe had told. All they cared was about their ** money. Never again I'll purchase from them. I rather spend a little bit more and get it from the actual website.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I purchased nearly $400 in Adore skincare products. My face started breaking with allergic blotches shortly after making the change to the products. I called HauteLook to ask about a return under the circumstances. They told me that once a sale event is over, they cannot take such products back, not even if the product has caused harm. Advice: Don't risk buying skin care or other similar products through Hautelook as you have no ability to return the products no matter what those products do to you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I use to make regular purchases at hautelook.com/nordstromrack.com and this Thanksgiving I made the purchase (25, Nov 2016) of two items 1. BOSS Sunglass 2. Men's Scarf. I called customer care to get the tracking number but the agent will not provide UPS tracking number instead she said my package will be delivered by Friday (9, Dec 2016).

I waited until 5 pm but no package arrived so I called HauteLook Inc customer care at 888-547-8438. Agent said she is going to file a complaint with UPS and someone from UPS will call me. I asked her for case number in case if I have to call back but she said there is no case number. She offered me a refund which I refused as items which I bought were heavily discounted so decided to wait for another week. After not hearing back from anyone I called Hautelook.com customer care again to find out my package was lost and Hautelook.com do not have same products at that discounted price. Hautelook.com is cheating on customers and I would like to other customers beware of sale scams run by this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

On several occasions I have experienced items being canceled due to incorrect inventories. I can't help believe that HauteLook retailer doesn't really have control of their business. In any event, charging me at time of ordering, holding my funds for three weeks, before advising of a cannot ship position, is completely contrary to the reputation Nordstrom has sought to develop and maintain. In addition and most importantly, I purchased items for gifts on Black Friday, 11/25/16. Opting to buy from HauteLook and missing other retailers deals/sales makes this even more frustrating. I find it deceitful and manipulative for this type of business model to exist from a Nordstrom business.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I placed a large order a month ago for coats and shoes. On the item it specified that it'll ship in 1-2 days. I even have a screenshot proving that. It's almost a month later and I only got a part of my order a day or two ago. In addition to that in the bag of the 2t coat that I ordered that had the actual puffer coat label attached came a WOMEN'S DRESS. An ugly bohemian creased women's dress that dates back to the '60s, instead of a BABY COAT! I'm trying to call and email them for two weeks and there's no one responding. Just now I finally got through to a supervisor after my 2 week attempt and waiting on hold for almost an hour. She claims Hautelook doesn't owe me anything. This is how they operate and if I want I don't have to shop there again. WOW! What in the world? Also, one pair of shoes she said they're out of stock and I won't be getting it at all. Seriously? Does it take a month for me to be informed about that?

In addition the missing items that I never received, well, I might, or might not, get it someday. She had an excuse about warehouse issues or something. She refused to let me return the whole order as is unless I PAY FULL return shipping! About the false advertising of the actual item stating it'll ship within 1-2 days she said I was lying. It's been a year since they changed it. She said I probably didn't update my app in over a year! That I must not be very tech savvy. Really? My phone is brand new. I'm sure Samsung didn't download last year's app. In short I didn't get half my order almost a month later. She wouldn't resend the missing items, or compensate me on my wasted time. I will definitely never shop at that store again!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I ordered the Morphe 350m and 350s palettes from HauteLook. It informed me that they would ship in 2-4 weeks. I received them in the mail today in perfect condition! Just wanted to write a good review as I was a little nervous ordering after reading all the complaints. I would recommend HauteLook!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I was so excited to shop at HauteLook for my birthday as recommended by my friend. My bday was Sept 14 and I ordered products from this company Aug 17 hoping that my bday gift will be at least on time. Unfortunately, it did not come. On Sept 20 I received my tracking number and I saw that it was delivered in the wrong place. I called the company. They said, "Look at your patio or front door or grass or ask a neighbor if they receive your package." I said, "I live in Texas and it was delivered in New York! I do not have that big property from Texas to New York." Then she said she will call UPS in Texas 'cause sometimes they write the wrong delivery place. Apparently, UPS do not have any clue about this issue. The customer service told me that she will investigate and will keep me informed.

Two days came, I did not get any information. Called them again for updates. The person I talk to do not have any clue about my issue. She said the same thing the other customer service person said. She will investigate and will keep me informed. I said, "You guys recognize the mistake. Just fix it and FIX IT FAST! Expedite it! You let me wait for 1 1/2 months already! Make it possible!" They cannot give you a specific time frame of when they can deliver the product. It is very frustrating! Shopping is supposedly fun and pleasurable. HauteLook makes it a nightmare! So if you want to have a great shopping experience with the product delivered on a timely manner go to another shopping website! I thought this is a reputable website but I was extremely wrong.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

HauteLook worked well for me and customer service was great about one year ago. I have been a loyal customers for years. Few times if an order ran out and wrong item was shipped, the customer service would pay $10 for this mishandling. However, now this is no longer the case. First, there were more chances items were shipped with mistakes, I got items with wrong sizes and sometimes order were shipped partially. There is $0 paid for their mistakes! The return of wrong item takes one month at least, which means you get your money back after a long time for their mistakes and all the trouble you have to go through. Ironically, one time they shipped half of my order. I called the customer service, they offered 25% money back if I keep the item. What? You shipped 50% of what I paid for and you want to only give me 25% back? Do you think I am that bad at math?

After spending my precious time negotiating, they finally were willing to give back the 50% that they didn't ship! I am shocked by this, because I am dealing with Nordstrom here, not some flea market vendor. I provided my feedback to them and no response from them ever. I see others complained about inventory issues they have. This happens a lot now and they didn't seem to care about what customers think anymore. I can say the quality of HauteLook service really dived dramatically and they will lose customers for this.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I guess it's a continuous problem because of the other reviews. I ordered a handbag and a jean. Both were planned to ship 2-3 weeks after the event close, sounded odd to me but still I ordered them. After waiting all that time I received an email that my jean will be shipped separately and my purse was on the way. I received the jean with a wrong size and an email cancelling my handbag because of short inventory. My problem is that I checked the website out and they opened a new event with the same handbags brand and style that I didn't receive. I will have to go to a Nordstrom Rack to return the wrong jean and I won't use HauteLook again. I think they use false advertisement.

Original review: June 18, 2016

There is an issue with their website. It was not able to process my card and instead of reporting my issue to someone who could help, they hung up on me three times. I had used my card recently, as well as called my bank to confirm that the card was in working order. They are rude and unwilling to help. Awful website and company and I will never be using them again.

Original review: March 14, 2016

I guess this is a consistent issue because I'm reading other reviews where people are experiencing the same issue. This will now be my fourth time I've ordered from Hautelook and what I ordered was cancelled due to inventory. I will not be ordering from them again. It's unreliable and what I was hoping to receive never showed up. I've contacted them multiple times questioning the status and nobody returned my call. I'm shocked this is a company of Nordstrom because I love Nordstrom. This is quite a bad reflection on Nordstrom considering their level of customer care. I highly don't recommend ever ordering from Hautelook not to mention when you do get an order it takes forever to actually receive.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

I ordered some items on December 21, plus more the following days. I called and chatted online in January to find out what was happening. Finally, in mid to late January, I found out I was not getting the items due to overselling them. On other orders, it took longer than the 2 to 3 weeks shipping after the event ended. Two items were badly damaged. I was given a credit and I thought I applied the credit but somehow the entire amount was charged. I was not able to straighten it out. I cancelled the order. It has been pure frustration dealing with HauteLook.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. Ordered 3 items in November for Christmas gifts. Never received them. Called week before Christmas, all they can say is it was being "processed for shipment". Numerous emails sent and no one replies. It's now January... Called again... Told it was delivered (after Christmas). I now have to wait 2 more weeks while they investigate. Something tells me I'll have to call many more times. Never ordering again! They DO NOT stand behind products they sell even blaming the other companies for the issue. Shady company to me!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

On two separate occasions I've ordered items from HauteLook that never arrived. The first was a home item which was never delivered so when I contact customer service they tell me that the address was marked by the carrier as undeliverable and was returned to the shipper. Two weeks had passed and no one ever called me to let me know, offer a different shipping (although the one I provided was 100% correct) or offer a refund. To top things off, when I managed for them to give me a refund, they reimbursed me for everything except for the shipping, so I had to absorb the $15 cost of a negligent shipper that never delivered the package.

My second order (yes I still had faith that this was a serious company, being part of Nordstrom), was sent through UPS. The tracking number says it was delivered but I never received it. They opened an investigation and I was supposed to hear back from them two weeks later when it closed and I would receive my reimbursement. I never heard back so I call HauteLook, impossible to get through. I call UPS and they tell me that the shipper (hauteLook) had closed the investigation and it said that I had confirmed that I received it. I never received it, they never called me and I most definitely never confirmed that I had received it!!

I call HauteLook again and they tell me that they can't determine why the investigation was closed but that they'll reopen it and I'll have to wait another two weeks for them to process and close and THEN I'll be reimbursed. I had to become profoundly upset for them to reimburse me (on 10/20/15). When I looked at the order details they put that it was returned on 10/6/15 - the same day it was supposedly delivered. I don't know what's going on but I don't recommend this site at all.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I have attempted on serial different days and times of day to use their website. It is horribly slow to load each page at least 30+ seconds per page. This made me stop trying to spend my money there.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

I ordered a pair of Frye Park D Ring Boots in Black size 7. I received a pair of Sam Edelman Gray Booties Size 9. I called the customer service number and spoke with an agent who told me they no longer had the boots I ordered in my size and that I could take the boots I received to a Nordstrom Rack to get my money back. So their solution was that they were not going to do anything about the fact that I can no longer receive the boots I paid for and waited a week to arrive. Now I get to spend my time returning something I didn't order in the first place in order to get my 191.00 back. I asked to speak with a manager and was told she was on the other line and would call me back. I never heard from the manager so I called back and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up. Awful customer service. I will no longer be shopping at HauteLook/Nordstromrack.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I ordered shoes from Hautelook and I STILL not received them after months. I've called the service center several times and they notified me that it was delivery's fault. They would not return it and they had no solution for me. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Once again I ordered two pairs of pants, one in blue and one in black. They send me the same pants in black twice! No blue! The blue is a powder blue, not navy so there is no excuse. To make matters worse it was pulled from the store and on a hanger.

Original review: July 1, 2015

The merchandise is good. But the odds of getting what you actually ordered are low (and getting worse and worse, more recently). HauteLook will ship the wrong colour, the wrong size, and often enough, altogether an absolutely different product altogether. (I am now the owner of a pair of women's boots if anyone is interested. I had ordered men's shoes.) Yes, they make amends (refunding your money), but I already had my money before this whole thing started. I didn't need them to take it and then give it back. I want the thing I ordered! (This is not an isolated incident. Happens repeatedly, well over 50% of the time. I have given up on HauteLook.)

HauteLook expert review by Erin Huffstetler

This Nordstrom-owned company specializes in flash sales on clothing, shoes, handbags and home décor and getaways. Sales typically last 48 hours or until sell-out.

• Free returns: Send items back within 21 days for a full refund. Some categories are not eligible for returns, but these are clearly marked.

• Clear shipping policy: It covers shipping cost, time and everything else you need to know.

• Sales move fast: If you want to get in on a deal, you’ll need to move quickly to nab the size or color that you want.

• Requires membership: To view deals you will need to sign up for a free account.

• Shipping: Orders can take up to 14 days to arrive.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

HauteLook Company Information