Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.87/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

HauteLook Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

Seriously HauteLook. I bought a pair of Christian Dior sunglasses from them. They shipped it in a ziplock bag. Even a pair of $50 sunglasses comes with a pouch or something. Contacted them and the rep was like, "ugh they don’t come with anything so take them to Nordstrom Rack and return them." Not to mention that I’m a regular Nordstrom customer. I buy high-end designer shoes and bags from them often. I won’t be buying from them again. Will return everything I can and take my business to SAKS and Neiman.

Original review: May 22, 2019

After I have received the Versace bag today I noticed there are 2 minor scratches on the bag. I called the customer care and ask for an exchange. She said they don’t have that bag available and asked me to email her some pictures from the scratches. After she reviewed the pictures she connected me to the supervisor. She refused to give me any discount towards the repair. She didn’t care at all. She said your only option is to return the bag and hang up the phone. I never buy anything else from this company. Customer service is zero.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I got a fraud alert on my debit Visa card. Someone had placed 2 orders totaling $700.00 approximately. I had the card disabled but the dirty deed was already done. I talked with my bank and they are doing their investigation but told me to contact the company directly to try and get the orders stopped and refund the money. But this company won’t answer their phone. You get a recording saying that all their order review specialists are busy and to leave a message. That they will contact you shortly. I did that over 24 hours ago and no one has called me back.

I have tried again today with the same recording. Only now the voicemail box is full and can’t take any more messages. So I am just redialing the number over and over in hopes of getting lucky, been doing that now for over 30 minutes with no luck. Now I am still out $700 in my checking account until the bank decides if this is fraud while some dirty rotten scoundrel gets a bunch of whatevers without consequence.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I love Nordstrom and have been a loyal customer for decades. When I saw that HauteLook was associated, I assumed everything would be the same level of quality. I was SO wrong. I bought a pair of shoes for my daughter and she wore them for 2 months before they completely came apart. I called HauteLook to ask about returning them and they were completely unhelpful. They do not stand behind their products and just left me with a broken pair of shoes and did nothing to better the situation. The worst kind of customer service. I will never buy from them again. What a huge disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I'm not much of a reviewer, but this company is SO BAD, I am doing a disservice to others by not speaking up! I used to shop this site A LOT. As another reviewer stated, it's part of Nordstrom (known for great cust serv)! I boycotted it 4 yrs ago because of REPEATED errors on their end - wrong items shipped, selling out of items and not notifying me, not crediting returns in a timely manner, etc., etc. I was actually trying to furnish a house after a move, so it's not just about not getting the designer shoes I wanted. It was truly inconvenient and frustrating.

I am Active Duty Military, which provides additional challenges in terms of ordering, timing deliveries & returns, and communicating with customer service when deployed. Across the board, this company is APPALLING in all of those aspects. I remained a customer for too long despite its failings because they had an extensive selection of clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, gifts, etc., all at great deals. But there is nothing in the world I NEED badly enough to suffer such poor Sales, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service. ONE example: I once ordered a large piece of furniture (a shelving unit) and instead, received a hideous table lamp in the shape of a horse (and I like horses!). Not remotely similar in type, size, shape, design, or anything, so not sure how they mixed up those items!

Also, I used to work in Loss Prevention (Security) for high-end retail and understand the inner workings of questionable practices ("customers", employees, and companies themselves). There are many practices credit companies and retailers engage in that are sketchy and legally shady. Those include not crediting customers in a timely manner, repeated inexplicable delays in orders once a customer's credit card has already been charged, and most frequently, not closing/deleting a customer's account when they request it. This is particularly dangerous for credit and identity theft.

I had requested my account be closed 4 yrs ago when I had had enough of their issues. About 6 wks ago I went back to HauteLook for the first time and made a purchase, thinking they HAD to have improved in those years! First, I was COMPLETELY wrong! My account and login were STILL active! Despite that, I still placed the order, but I got deployed with very short notice and was not able to return some items before the 45-day return policy limit (missed it by 1 week). I really expect anything, and I'm incredibly grateful for all of the benefits those of us in the military receive. I understand policies and rules, but when so many companies are so supportive and accommodating to military members, it surprised me when I reached out to customer service regarding my return and was categorically denied any leeway. After 45 days, there is a 50% restocking of all returned items; after 60 days, NO returns are accepted.

I was repeatedly told that that charge was automatic and there was NOTHING they could do. I was polite and respectful, simply asking if there was ANYTHING that could be done -- a store credit? Asking a supervisor? Anything? Nope. They repeated that they offered to take the items back for a 50% fee, which was their policy, and I could read it in their "Return Policies" section on their website. Military or not, this is just a horrible return policy. On top of everything, they were just plain rude.

Sorry this is so long. The most important things are that this site is NOT worth your time or money; too often, they ship the wrong items or have other issues with their Sales and Quality Assurance. When you try to resolve those issues, their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Just today, when I stated that I would like to AGAIN close my account as a direct result of their poor track record and most recent lack of customer service, their only reply was to ask for confirmation that I want my account closed. Period. EVERYTHING is a choice, they choose to engage in poor practices and not care about the customer at all. I choose to spend my money elsewhere. I sincerely hope that this helps any prospective customers to steer clear of HauteLook! There are so many other options to spend your money! (I have had FANTASTIC experiences with Sierra Trading Post (for 20+ yrs!) and GILT, just to name two.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HauteLook?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Not the first time HauteLook had done this!!! I ordered a Derek Lam top on 8/21/18. HauteLook cancelled this production 9/14/18 and did NOT bother to notify me. I checked the site, again, on 9/12 and noticed the product had been cancelled. I then phoned HauteLook to discuss this matter. HauteLook does NOT provide Any remuneration for their SCREW UPS. So if you are thinking about shopping HauteLook: THINK TWICE!!! They defraud the customer!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

To be honest, I didn’t expect myself to be writing a bad review about a company that’s owned by Nordstrom. Nordstrom for Christ sake! It’s pretty pathetic. I ordered these Fenty Puma creepers and fleece Fenty Puma backpack that everyone’s trying to get their hands on. For the shoes and bag it says it’ll take 1-3 days to process after the sale, until they split my order and the backpack goes into transit first the second day. The shoes are still “processing”, so I wait patiently because I was super excited to finally get them. Boy I should’ve did my homework on this website before ordering anything.

I didn’t read about how terrible the experiences people have had with this store until after I ordered. I felt stupid because the day before I read any reviews I ordered a Fenty sweater for fall but again, that was before I read anything. Next thing you know the same exact thing that happens to most customers, happens to me just hours later! Hilarious! So after I read almost all of the bad reviews so I know what to expect with these people, I got a little worried because my shoes still haven’t been shipped at all. So I contact HL by email Sept.1st to ask if they even had have the shoes they’re trying to sell. By Sept. 2nd around 5pm I get a response saying oh they’re working to update all orders and should receive tracking soon. Which was a lie.

That same day, 5 hours later I receive an email saying that the shoes have been canceled and they’ve given me a refund for them, which was another lie. Don’t waste your time. They’re liars and sell things on their website that they don’t even have! Who does that?! And they could care less about how the customers feel about their sorry excuse of a company. They make Nordstrom look really bad and if they keep this up, they’ll lose even more customers. I’ve only gotten one package from Nordstrom Rack with no problem, so I expected the same thing with HauteLook. They’re a joke. I’d rather pay full price, $160 for the same shoes someplace else that I trust then to shop there. Never shopping with them ever again.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered a watch on Friday for my boyfriend's birthday present that I was going to give him on the cruise we were going on the following Friday. I received the watch on Tues and it was broken. I called customer service asap to replace and they said they would send it today so I can received it by Thursday but they would have to get approval and would call me back. He never called and I called the next morning to find out what happened and they said there was nothing on the account stating I called. First of all, why would I even call if it wasn't important for me to have that watch by The time I leave for my trip and secondly if I didn't call, they would have never followed up on anything for a dissatisfied customer.

I ended up having to return the watch at a local Nordstrom rack and I bought another one somewhere else. I should have done that in the first place but knowing how customer service is so important to them and that's why we pay more, I thought I would be taken care of. Never again will I order there. Amazon is 150% better and I would pay twice as much just to get treated better. Bye Bye! Nordstrom HauteLook.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had ordered a nice blow dryer set (states it was regularly $250), and the box the blow dryer came in is missing the brush (the slot for it is totally empty). After speaking with customer service, then 2 levels of management, they stated all they could do was have me return the blow dryer set I received and they'd send me a new set upon receipt of the old one. Shipping would take another 3-4 weeks. The brush that came in the set is also sold separately and still available on its own as well, yet they refused to send it separately.

I paid for this with my Nordstrom Card, which collects interest on these purchases until I receive them so if I need to return them, I don't end up with a negative balance on my credit card. I order here often, usually every month, and often items get canceled because they've run out of stock, or an item will arrive damaged; however, I have always taken care of, until now. I ended up filing a dispute with Nordstrom Card Services at THEIR suggestion. Doesn't Nordstrom own HauteLook??

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ordered the same boots twice because I kept receiving shoes instead. Customer service was nice and told me they would try to rectify the situation. I was told numerous times that they would call me back and I never received a phone call. When I called to complain they apologized and again was told I would receive a call the next day. I still didn’t get a call. Fed up I called again and they apologized. The girl said by Monday she would have an answer of the situation of me getting shoes instead of the boots rectified. She promised to call me Monday. Never received a call. Completely fed up. I deleted the app.

HauteLook expert review by Erin Huffstetler

This Nordstrom-owned company specializes in flash sales on clothing, shoes, handbags and home décor and getaways. Sales typically last 48 hours or until sell-out.

• Free returns: Send items back within 21 days for a full refund. Some categories are not eligible for returns, but these are clearly marked.

• Clear shipping policy: It covers shipping cost, time and everything else you need to know.

• Sales move fast: If you want to get in on a deal, you’ll need to move quickly to nab the size or color that you want.

• Requires membership: To view deals you will need to sign up for a free account.

• Shipping: Orders can take up to 14 days to arrive.

• Best for: Bargain shoppers

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

HauteLook Company Information