1.23/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

39 HauteLook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Once again I ordered two pairs of pants, one in blue and one in black. They send me the same pants in black twice! No blue! The blue is a powder blue, not navy so there is no excuse. To make matters worse it was pulled from the store and on a hanger.

Original review: July 1, 2015

The merchandise is good. But the odds of getting what you actually ordered are low (and getting worse and worse, more recently). HauteLook will ship the wrong colour, the wrong size, and often enough, altogether an absolutely different product altogether. (I am now the owner of a pair of women's boots if anyone is interested. I had ordered men's shoes.) Yes, they make amends (refunding your money), but I already had my money before this whole thing started. I didn't need them to take it and then give it back. I want the thing I ordered! (This is not an isolated incident. Happens repeatedly, well over 50% of the time. I have given up on HauteLook.)

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 24, 2015

Ordered 2 sets of sheets. Made absolutely sure they were king size sets. Finally received the stupid PILLOWCASES. 50$ FOR PILLOWCASES? Called and told them they made a mistake. No refunds or returns. A big old screw you. Enjoy your expensive ** pillowcases. They changed the description. I checked twice before I confirmed also. I think they had a lot of complaints because I purchased the last set supposedly in blue and just a couple left in cream. Don't order from them... There are better discount, higher quality companies with better products.

Original review: May 26, 2015

For those who are about to try HauteLook "refer a friend" offer, please be aware as this is somehow a swindle to me. I referred my friend who lives in the same rental house, so he has the same shipping address with mine. Regardless he used his own credit card to order his stuff on Hautelook, not mine paying info. The $20 credit for refer a friend which I am looking for after he successfully made his order, is still turned off because the supervisor claimed that we have the same shipping address. How great the system and professional CS way to treat a loyal customer are. I am not happy!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

It's amazing how little they care about customer loyalty/satisfaction. After multiple purchases over several years with very few complaints (minus the snail's pace shipping in the past) I have been burned beyond forgiveness. Placed an order this week, immediately realized the second I pressed "complete order" that my shipping address didn't update with my billing address. Immediately called customer service, put on hold, was told if I input my number they would call me when I was at the front of the line. Lo and behold no call back.

Called next morning - told "it was too late to change address, wait until you receive shipping notification, call again and they'll have UPS reroute in transit." Call AGAIN, with shipping notification in hand. "Oh too bad, we shipped it with USPS - you're out of luck." NOT a single apology throughout, no offer to help or refund, despite the fact that they are shipping a box cross country from where I currently live. And no option at any time to cancel my order - is that even legal???? Companies like this are why I pay for AMEX. I am reporting this and will have my credit card company dispute all charges. In the meantime, I'll be telling everyone I know to stay far away - if it seems too good to be true it is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HauteLook?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

Buyer beware. I was giving my bedroom an overhaul and ordered two Parvez Taj paintings and a wool blend rug from HauteLook ($730.00). After 3 months the paintings finally came in and were obviously damaged. The rug was missing half the print.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I am totally fed up with HauteLook as they are beyond slow in fulfilling orders. The other complaint is, they have a bad habit of canceling your order, claiming to have run out of product. I don't buy it. On more than one occasion, I was told I would be getting my order, it's just late in being sent out, just to have them turn around and cancel my order and then instead of crediting my PayPal back with the money, they choose to give me store credit. Well I'm not the one who canceled, they are. I should be given a refund. When you contact them about your order, they are very dismissive of you and just lie about the whole process. I've taken pictures of our online conversations showing them contradicting themselves on more than one occasion. They are a hot mess, not organized. I question them as to how they could be out of product when I placed my order as soon as they went live online, so how could they run out of product before I got mine.

In my opinion if you are not on social media, then your order does not get fulfilled first. Because I believe they want people with social media outlets to make sure they have products so they can brag about their site. They do have shady dealings. As much as I enjoy a lot of the products and the low prices, the constant confusion and waiting weeks and weeks for product and then told they ran out of product and I can't get mine is beyond ridiculous. Totally unorganized and customer service, though they try to be polite are really more dismissive than anything. I'm so fed up with the runaround that I'm no long going to order from them till they can get their act together.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

First things first I shop online A LOT and HauteLook - has got to be by far the worst shopping experience I have ever had! As a matter of fact this is the first negative review I think I have ever written. That's not to say that I have never been a little let down or frustrated with a purchase before - just not to the point of taking the actual time to write a review. However my experience with HauteLook was so unbelievable awful, I believe it warrants warning others. I purchased a pair of Muk Luk boots on Oct. 19th. I promptly paid, received my order confirmation and went on thinking everything was all and well like any other online purchase would have been. After almost 2 weeks had passed and I still had not received shipping info I began to grow concerned so I called customer service. I was assured that everything with the order was fine, they were waiting for the company to send the items to them and I would receive shipping notification soon. Another week and a half passes with no shipping notification.

At this point I had already ordered other items elsewhere to compliment my purchase so I send an email. I am then told that the item was there and marked as picked in their system and would be shipping no later than within 72hrs. Another week goes by and no shipping info. Emailed again and was told the item was due to ship and they would follow up on Tues personally. Well now it's Friday and no shipping or follow up so I emailed them again and was told.."oops we didn't have enough of the item so you will get a refund"...ya right. Save your time, money and sanity and shop elsewhere. These people are complete HACKS!!!

Original review: July 14, 2014

I ordered a pair of shoes through HauteLook and thought I scored a great deal. I received an email saying the item I ordered was out of stock and that my credit card was refunded. It was not. I figured I'd give them a few days for the refund to go through on my Visa card. After 1 week, I still hadn't received a refund. I made a call to customer service and they told me they fixed the "error" and to wait another 5-7 days. Well, 5-7 days later, no refund still. This continued for an entire month. I made SEVERAL calls and emails, all of which assured me that they would handle this promptly and I would receive an email or call when they "fixed the mistake." They even credited me $15 dollars to my account (although I will NEVER order through this company again).

Finally, I emailed them to tell them that I would contact my credit card company to handle the dispute, since they were obviously incompetent. Unsurprisingly, I received my refund the next day. I am writing this review to inform future consumers of how HORRIBLE this company is. They make useless promises and phony apologies that amount to nothing. It took me over one month and several emails and calls to receive a refund on an item I never received because of their own mistake. Don't waste your time ordering with this company.

HauteLook Company Information