Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.82/5

41 HauteLook Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2018

I ordered three items and never received them. They will just keep your money for months without notifying you if you will or will not receive ordered items. Customer services is horrible, they drag you along as long as they can. Today I talked to a manager and she explained me that they can't guaranty if you will receive your order. HauteLook should put that on their site and make customers aware that they are giving money up front for product that HauteLook doesn't have in stocks. I feel cheated. They should refund my money with interest.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I placed two orders with them in the last year and I regret both of them. The first order was a seriously defective sweater that never should have passed even the minimum quality control. The second order was sent in the wrong size. I've learned my lesson, never ordering from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I wish I found this site before I order on HauteLook. Anyway I purchase my order last Black Friday online. Website said it will be shipped 2-4 days and never get a email about my order number or tracking number. So Call them a week after. The customer service told me I put a wrong email address. For the fact do I know I log in to my account in HauteLook how the hell is it wrong? So they fix my email and send me a order number and tracking number. It says UPS will deliver it in my house on 12/4/2017 by the end of the day.

Well I never seen any packages in my front porch so I called the local UPS in our town. They said they never get the packages and I have to call the place I order my item. So I called. The customer service told me, "Oh that's weird. We shipped it and it's the UPS fault." I am beyond pissed and so over this **. I email them I want my money back if they can't find my order. Not again. I would never order in this site. I never had a problem with other cheap websites. HauteLook is a liar and stealing people's money.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Never EVER order anyone a gift from here. They have no system in place to process returns for giftees. I didn't want the purchaser to know I was exchanging the item... But was told by customer service the only way to do so was drive 2 hours to the closest store... Or have the credit go back to the original purchaser. Pretty out of date system if you consider the number of online gift purchases that happen today.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Terrible customer service. I ordered two jumpsuits online, they were shipped separately and the first one arrived in my city, but was never delivered to me. It's true that my apartment number was missing from the mailing address. It's also true that I had a second address on the website's database that was correct, with the apartment number. I also never received any notification of any kind to let me know that my ordered that arrived, or that there was a problem with it. Once I found out it was being sent back, I contacted customer care, who told me that the company's policy is that they do not re-ship internationally. So basically, I waited three weeks to find out that my package had arrived and been sent off and that there is no chance of me getting it at all now.

I am being refunded and a $15 credit was put on my account as well. It all seems ridiculous though, I don't think I will do any more shopping with HauteLook at all and would strongly recommend that others avoid the site too. I just hope that my updated address has actually been applied to my second package, because I'd like to at least get one of my two orders.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HauteLook?

Original review: April 12, 2017

I order this Morphe brush set 513. Took forever to get here and once it did I was really excited to try it out. I come to find out when I was applying my makeup - it didn't matter if I was applying blush, eyeshadow or powder - any of the brushes wouldn't get any of the product at all. I thought I had bought a fake or replica product. I contact Morphe and ask them if HauteLook was one of their distributor. They agreed and said yes and insured me they were authentic. Then I told them my situation with my brushes. Morphe told me to contact HauteLook and let them know that sometimes the brushes come out defective on the hair, not necessarily have to be broken, but sometimes the hair has oils that doesn't allow them to pick up any product.

So that's what I did. I emailed them and I called them on the phone. They said they were going to look into it. After a week of wait they email me telling me that there was nothing for them to do, that I received my item perfectly fine. They do not return or refund any money due to I had purchased the item describe on their website. But they forgot to mention the precious sucked. So they didn't even cared what Morphe had told. All they cared was about their ** money. Never again I'll purchase from them. I rather spend a little bit more and get it from the actual website.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I purchased nearly $400 in Adore skincare products. My face started breaking with allergic blotches shortly after making the change to the products. I called HauteLook to ask about a return under the circumstances. They told me that once a sale event is over, they cannot take such products back, not even if the product has caused harm. Advice: Don't risk buying skin care or other similar products through Hautelook as you have no ability to return the products no matter what those products do to you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I use to make regular purchases at hautelook.com/nordstromrack.com and this Thanksgiving I made the purchase (25, Nov 2016) of two items 1. BOSS Sunglass 2. Men's Scarf. I called customer care to get the tracking number but the agent will not provide UPS tracking number instead she said my package will be delivered by Friday (9, Dec 2016).

I waited until 5 pm but no package arrived so I called HauteLook Inc customer care at 888-547-8438. Agent said she is going to file a complaint with UPS and someone from UPS will call me. I asked her for case number in case if I have to call back but she said there is no case number. She offered me a refund which I refused as items which I bought were heavily discounted so decided to wait for another week. After not hearing back from anyone I called Hautelook.com customer care again to find out my package was lost and Hautelook.com do not have same products at that discounted price. Hautelook.com is cheating on customers and I would like to other customers beware of sale scams run by this company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

On several occasions I have experienced items being canceled due to incorrect inventories. I can't help believe that HauteLook retailer doesn't really have control of their business. In any event, charging me at time of ordering, holding my funds for three weeks, before advising of a cannot ship position, is completely contrary to the reputation Nordstrom has sought to develop and maintain. In addition and most importantly, I purchased items for gifts on Black Friday, 11/25/16. Opting to buy from HauteLook and missing other retailers deals/sales makes this even more frustrating. I find it deceitful and manipulative for this type of business model to exist from a Nordstrom business.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I placed a large order a month ago for coats and shoes. On the item it specified that it'll ship in 1-2 days. I even have a screenshot proving that. It's almost a month later and I only got a part of my order a day or two ago. In addition to that in the bag of the 2t coat that I ordered that had the actual puffer coat label attached came a WOMEN'S DRESS. An ugly bohemian creased women's dress that dates back to the '60s, instead of a BABY COAT! I'm trying to call and email them for two weeks and there's no one responding. Just now I finally got through to a supervisor after my 2 week attempt and waiting on hold for almost an hour. She claims Hautelook doesn't owe me anything. This is how they operate and if I want I don't have to shop there again. WOW! What in the world? Also, one pair of shoes she said they're out of stock and I won't be getting it at all. Seriously? Does it take a month for me to be informed about that?

In addition the missing items that I never received, well, I might, or might not, get it someday. She had an excuse about warehouse issues or something. She refused to let me return the whole order as is unless I PAY FULL return shipping! About the false advertising of the actual item stating it'll ship within 1-2 days she said I was lying. It's been a year since they changed it. She said I probably didn't update my app in over a year! That I must not be very tech savvy. Really? My phone is brand new. I'm sure Samsung didn't download last year's app. In short I didn't get half my order almost a month later. She wouldn't resend the missing items, or compensate me on my wasted time. I will definitely never shop at that store again!

HauteLook Company Information