Learn More

3.6/5 (76 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I was trying to reach my phone company for 3 days - on hold or waiting for chat literally all day. Within 1 hour after I submitted a review to CA, the phone company replied to my message and offered to solve my problem.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Ronald, Thank you for telling us your story! We are thrilled to hear that our platform was able to help you receive a resolution. We appreciate you!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I was told I could get an auto warranty and now I'm told no there was some issue!! I filled out everything I was asked and I feel they just wasted my time and energy and I'm not too happy. Bad business.

Original review: July 14, 2021

This site was easy to use, and a great way to read about other consumer's experience with the company I was involved with. My review prompted a quick response from the company that I was doing business with and I was able to get a quick resolution from that interaction as a result of that communication. I will definitely use this site more frequently to learn about companies moving forward!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Juan! Thank you for the wonderful compliment. We are so happy that our platform has been able to help you. Have a great day!

Resolution response: July 15, 2021

I am very satisfied. The entire experience was great!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I recently reviewed a warranty company through Consumer Affairs and I am more than pleased with the service I received. I posted my review through the site and within days I had a resolution from the other company. Consumer Affairs handled my request, sent me email updates, and the entire process felt smooth and valuable. Thank to so much!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Kim, Thank you for this awesome feedback. We are so happy to hear that our platform has helped you. We appreciate you! :)

Original review: July 6, 2021

They waste my time with filling out forms then in so many words say I'm not able to receive help. I have been on the section 8 waiting list for 13 years. I'm 67 yrs old. Suffer with cellulitis. Homeless. Have vascular dementia. 18 months ago was struck and hit by a suv as a pedestrian. Injured at work 6 months ago. I still have not received my state disability insurance checks yet. I'm not going to waste any more tiime energy on worthless companies like Consumers Affairs filling out forms just to have them sell my personal information and then tell me, "Well you don't qualify."

Original review: July 3, 2021

I had a long standing, stubborn billing problem with RCN, the cable company. Within 24 hours of my posting a negative review of my experience, RCN resolved the dispute, for about $70, in my favor. This site works.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Joseph, That is great to hear! We are happy that our platform was able to help you receive a resolution. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs.com :)

Original review: June 23, 2021

Nearly every single time I have searched for reviews of products on CA, the CA reviews don't come anywhere close to actual consumer reviews! Check out the 3.8 rating they gave to "Gentle Dental"--then count the actual reviews in every tier: 5-Star (3), 4-Star (0), 3-Star (0), 2-Star (11), 1-Star (80). 80 1-Star reviews! 11 2-Star reviews! No 3-Star reviews! No 4-Star reviews! And a measly 3—THREE—5-Star reviews! Do I seriously need to do the math for you? Okay—fine! (80x1=80) + (11x2=22) + (0x3=0) + (0x4=0) + (3x5=15) = 117/(80+11+0+0+3) = 117/94 = 1.2. Gentle Dental's Average Rating is actually just 1.2 Stars! How do they even stay in business? But more to the point—how do you even stay in business?

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Tamara, Thank you for reaching out! A company’s “overall satisfaction rating” is a time-based weighted average numerical calculation of the ratings submitted by consumers in the most recent 12-month period if the company has received 30 or more ratings in the last 12 months. If a company has fewer than 30 ratings in the most recent 12-month period, we average all ratings received, including those from before the most recent 12-month period.

You can read more on our FAQ page here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/

Original review: June 19, 2021

It was not until I used Consumer affairs that my problem was solved with the company I was have difficulty with, in less than one day, the company responded and offered full refund, Companies do not want bad reviews on this site, So glad you are there.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Louise! We are so happy that our platform was able to help you. Many thanks to you for your kind words and helpful feedback.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I was frustrated with the lack of customer service that I was receiving on an order I placed with Woman Within. I posted a complaint/review here and the company contacted me and resolved my issue satisfactorily. Very pleased with the effectiveness of this site.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jannine! Thanks for sharing this with us. We are are so happy to hear that your issue was resolved through using our platform. We appreciate you.

Resolution response: June 7, 2021

Excellent service.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I appreciate your help and because of your great service the company (Cuisinart) solved my issue. Even though my warranty was over, I appreciate your help, you guys are doing great job by helping the consumer with their issues, it’s great to have you guys. Thanks again. Sam

ConsumerAffairs.com response
Hi Sam! We are happy to hear that our platform was able to help you. Thank you so much for reaching out and letting us know how your experience with us was.

Have a great day!