Learn More

3.5/5 (72 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I'm so thankful that there's a place that gives consumers an outlet to share their feedback on businesses. Sometimes we as consumers get treated unfairly by big businesses and are left feeling helpless. Like no one cares. Consumer Affairs gives us a voice. They have a great reputation and "most" businesses care about their rating on sites like this one & the BBB. This site helps with justice for all. Thanks for being there for us "little guys". We appreciate all you do! Thanks for helping me keep online businesses honest! Keep up the good work!!!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Di! Thank you for this awesome feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words. We are so happy to hear that our platform has helped you. :)

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I was unable to resolve a problem with Sears Warranties about a damaged dishwasher until I posted a review on Consumer Affairs. The same day the review was posted I received a call from Sears for a $900 credit.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Carolyn, we are elated you were able to receive a refund! Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I was having an issue with JTV and a package that was lost in the mail. I had been going around and around with JTV for WEEKS! Once I contacted Consumer Affairs, the issue was completely resolved in LESS THAN A WEEK! Communication was EXCEPTIONAL. I am so pleased with Consumer.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Patricia, We are so glad to hear things were resolved quickly for you. Thank you for choosing us!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

My review on Consumer Affairs resulted in a refund from the company I reviewed. I never expected that. I just wanted to say how I felt about being charged for something I didn't receive. That says something good about the effect of this site.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi! Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy to hear that you were able to find a resolution. :)

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Having my credentials evaluated for the first time was an amazing journey of satisfaction. The customer care service response time was great and the update on my account as to the status of my application was highly appreciated.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We really appreciate you taking some time to share your experience here. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Their Moderation Team Won't Accept Reviews For Years Now. You guys need to get your ** together. It requires 200 characters. Trustpilot is a way better and more popular alternative. I would give -50 stars.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

So I see this site is the same as every other site with picking who review to post. Y’all ask for feedback but when someone keep it real and speaks their mind then you don’t publish it. Typical. I’d do better posting on Facebook and Twitter.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Very interesting. Easy to sign up. Recommended for all. Excited to see what's next and how things go. A+. Only problem I'm having is getting my profile picture up. Still seeing how website works but have a good feel looking overall.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jill! Thank you for the kind feedback!

I can definitely help you update your profile picture!
1. Head to https://www.consumeraffairs.com/account/settings/.
2. Select how you'd like to login
3. Click on the “Change your photo” button
4. Choose from 3 different ways to update your photo (upload new image, choose from list of social logins, or add a new social login)

5. Select "Update information" to save change.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Consumer Affairs provides a venue that works well in getting a response from otherwise unresponsive companies. If you're having an issue with a company that is not responding or is sand-bagging you, create an account and write up a summary of your issue. It worked for me... only took a day for VONAGE to respond to my complaint and take action to correct it.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi, Thank you for the great feedback. We are so happy to hear that you were able to find a resolution. :)

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I was impressed with how easy it was to use Consumer Affairs and surprised to see that it was a very streamlined process even for a first-time user. I like how consumer affairs keep you updated throughout the entire process and have step by step instructions on how to use and what comes next.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Karl, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We really appreciate you!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I appreciate the ability to write a review with Consumer Affairs. The review helped me to regain communication with the company I was having an issue with. Once they saw I wrote a negative review they became more willing to listen and work with me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jon, We are so happy to hear that you were able to find a resolution. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs. :)

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Had a bad experience returning a rental car and Consumer Affairs was the first place to post my concerns after I attempted to allow the company to resolve. They posted the concern immediately and it meant so much to feel listened to. The company eventually resolved my concern. Thank you for caring.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Joanne, We are so glad that your issue was resolved. We appreciate you and we hope we can continue to be of help to you in the future. :)

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The ConsumersAffairs team responded promptly and helped to resolve this annoying issue. Very thankful!! Everything that the Mediacom support team suggested was way off... Just as I suspected, I just needed an updated modem. Thank you.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Lesley, We are so glad to hear about such a positive outcome. I'm glad our site was able to help you find a resolution. :)

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I posted on here because I was having dispute with a company for over a month and was desperate to try anything. That same evening I posted here I found the Company's I was having an issue with, Community Board, and posted the issue there. Their agent reached out to me and to my relief, they resolved my problem with great satisfaction. It's nice to know there is a website I can come to in the future if I ever have a problem with another company or if I want to compliment a company.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad to hear that you were able to get some relief by leaving a review here and that the brand reached out with an awesome resolution for you. Thank you for choosing us to share your experience!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have written 2 reviews that are factual and in no way offensive. What are the guidelines for publishing? I have received no explanation for why they were not published and no email correspondence. I have tried multiple times and on different dates to access your help page and get a 404 Sales Force error. What is this Consumer Affairs and what is your mission? Do you accept donations in order to keep reviews unpublished? "ON HOLD. Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing."

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thanks for reaching out. Your review was not published because it goes against our Review Guidelines. You can check those out here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/review-guidelines

Someone will follow up with you privately to discuss your review further. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I posted a review on Consumer Affairs about a negative experience I had purchasing products from another company. The company I complained about quickly reached out to me and satisfactorily resolved my complaint. This was all done because I posted the review on Consumer Affairs website. I can say without reservation, this was the best action I could have taken to get this issue resolved in days.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi! We are so glad to hear about such a positive outcome. I'm glad our site was able to help you find a resolution.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I created an account to login and read the reply to my review of another agency, only to learn this was just an auto reply for me to create an account and get my information. Do not sell my information.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

You have to create an account to leave a review and correspond with the brand using our platform. Once your review is published you do get an email with a link to your review and another email once the brand responds, which it looks like they did! I will follow up with you privately to explain further.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2020

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

ConsumerAffairs provides a great platform for consumers to share their experiences, whether good or bad. In my case, this platform helped me resolve an issue with an online retailer and the process was pain-free and efficient!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

This site selectively chooses which reviews and replies to publish. I am still awaiting a response from SquareTrade to resolve a fraudulent warranty issue and Consumer Affairs has determined it is not worthy of publishing. There are other sites who will gladly accept a review of Consumer Affairs and Squaretrade.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi, it looks we liked we followed up with you via email privately already but I wanted to make sure you were aware your review was published from 6/25. We'll follow up with you privately with a link to your review!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I have only written one review on Consumer Affairs. It appears to be just another review site. I will continue to contribute. Reviews are important. I am not sure what value another review site is. I suppose we will see how things go.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We really appreciate you taking some time to share your experience here. We think it's important to help educate other consumers and we thank you for helping us do just that!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Problem. L G refrig. not cooling. ConsumerAffairs followed up with Lg and helped bring its repair to a satisfactory conclusion. They helped the consumer by making public the issues that are increasing at the consumers expense. Companies need a conscious. Generally it is a missing ingredient with corporations these days.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thank you for this great feedback. We are happy that our platform was able to help you find a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Very nice employees who really want to help people and they really like what they are doing. I feel that the people who answer the customers' questions are very eligible and have great experience. I would probably be good in that position. Because I too like helping.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We do love helping people! If you do too, you never know you may be a good fit. ;) https://my.consumeraffairs.com/careers/

Thank you for the kind words and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Without the Consumer Affairs' "write a review" portal I know the problem with my vendor would not have been resolved. This is a must have service if you are looking to make a point with your vendor's poor service. I will share this great experience with all. Thank you Consumer Affairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad to hear about such a positive outcome and we appreciate such a kind review! We always have your back. :)

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My issue with a company would not have been resolved, if not for the posting I made on the ConsumerAffairs website. Numerous emails to the company and much time spent had no effect on the issue but my posting on ConsumerAffairs had an almost immediate effect.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Ulrich, Thank you for this great feedback. We are glad we could provide a platform where you could work through things and get a positive resolution!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I used Consumer Affairs to file a complaint against American Home Shield Home Warranty company. My refrigerator went out and I had to buy a new one. American Home Shield is a good company for the most part, their customer service is just impossible to communicate with. I spent two weeks trying to get reimbursed for the appliance. I was on hold on 6 or 7 separate occasions for well over two hours each time (12 to 14 hours) without ever talking to anyone. They owed me $2,190.00. for the new appliance. I put my complaint on Consumer affairs and within 4 or 5 days AHS contacted me! A first! I had my check in under a week. It would not have happened without contacting Consumer Affairs. Businesses do not like the bad publicity.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We appreciate you choosing us to share your feedback about your experience!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Why do you even have this website if I can't complain in my own words what I think of Capital One? You guys suck as well as Capital One! You mean to tell me you think you have the right to suppress my FREE SPEECH? I don't think so!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We're sorry to hear about your frustrations. We have review guidelines in place for privacy and safety reasons. You can check out our Review FAQs here to see our requirements before submitting a review: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/review-guidelines

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

This site provided the mechanism to establish contact with and seek resolution from American Home Shield. Couldn't get help from the normal customer service calls to the company. This site worked well raising awareness of our dissatisfaction with our service from American Home Shield. Thank you.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We're glad we could provide a platform where you could work through things and get a positive resolution!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

So glad I found Consumer Affairs and their site for providing consumer reviews. I’ve been having problems with a particular company, and it wasn’t until I posted a review on Consumer Affairs that they finally moved into quick action to resolve the situation. I’m so thankful to have found one more way to get the attention of companies when they fall short and to hold them accountable. Also, every review is first reviewed by the site moderators, which provides a higher level of confidence in those reviews.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We love it when we see consumers understand our mission here! We do have unbiased, consumer reviews that are verified and moderated before publishing. We're glad you were able to resolve things with the company you were having issues with! We really appreciate the amazing feedback. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

All my favorite stores in my town have closed. I'm at a loss as where to buy anything anymore. Consequently, I've been buying clothing and accessories online. I've been satisfied with most products from Amazon, but Amazon doesn't always have what I want. I'm skeptical of the quality of products I see online from vendors I've never heard of. I figured there needed to be a place where a person can go and read reviews from other customers about the quality of products and the service from online vendors.

I think ConsumerAffair.com is the answer. I've posted a negative review about an online purchase I made. A company representative contacted me and I have been given a full refund on that product. We not only need a place to resolve disputes, but we need a place to learn about company quality. I encourage other users to look here, if they are skeptical about online product quality and service. Now we all need to write the positive reviews for those vendors we use who are providing us with good quality products. Let's not just come here with complaints. Report the good news, too.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Linda, Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are so happy that we've been able to help you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was frustrated with a payroll company that I had sent a client to and wrote a review telling about our troubles with this payroll service. Within hours, I not only had a phone call from a Rep of the Company, but also had resolution to my complete satisfaction. All I can say is "Wow"!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Awesome to hear you were able to get that quick resolution! We appreciate the positive feedback. :)

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information