It's that easy Request Information
3.83/5
Based on 152 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

851 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 2, 2018

I am disappointed with your organization!! I wrote an honest opinion is about JustFlowers and you refused to allow me to help others. That company is a fraud. In good faith, I purchased and prepaid for flowers that were never delivered, and were not delivered on the promised date. I am not the only consumer with the same complaint. Why not published mine?? Do you have stock in that company? Conflict of interest?? My review deserves to be published.

Hi Sonja,

Thank you for reaching out! You original review for JustFlowers, written on 05/13/2018, was published on the date you submitted it. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 31, 2018

ConsumerAffairs helped resolve a problem I had with my home warranty company quickly and easily. Before posting my experience on this site, my claim had been stuck in limbo with no end in sight. No more than 24 hours after I posted a review of my experience, I was contacted directly by the company in question who was able to resolve my issue within a few days. Thanks for everything you do and for giving consumers a voice!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Consumer Affairs did not publish my review. Obviously Consumer Affairs is showing their bias and lack of integrity! Home warranties are a consumer rip off! The reviews posted on your website in reference to the home warranty company I wrote about earlier, for the most part are fake. Consumer Affairs appears to be a fraud also. I will be sure to post my opinion about you on other websites, including YouTube, Facebook, and many other forums. Have fun scraping your reputation off the pavement!

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review was unable to be published because it was too short. I encourage you to re-write your review for American Residential Warranty including more detail about your experience with them and submit it for publishing.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I gave a review about NewSouth Window Solutions on May 25th. I was a little ticked off that I have not been able to get their repairman out to fix my brand new windows and doors. I told Consumer Affairs that if NewSouth comes out and does the repairs to make them work like the rest of the windows and doors work - which is perfectly. I will up to five stars. Yet, when I wrote my new review and up my review to five stars I was denied because I did not meet the criteria. What is the criteria? NewSouth Windows Solutions did such great work except for my one complaint. Now it is fixed and like I told Consumer Affairs when they called that I would definitely up to FIVE STARS. Tell me now what is the criteria to get my new review in??

Hi Gina,

Thank you for reaching out! You are able to post a resolution to your original review to show that New South was able to come in and correct the issues you were having, rather than writing a completely new review. To post a resolution please follow the steps below:

-Find your reviews
-Click on the review title you want to update
-Click on the text "Would you like to mark this review as resolved?"

-Write your experience, update your star rating and hit the button "Resolve This Review"

Once you post your resolution, you can also update your star rating for them. Please reach out if you have any issues completing this. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I shared my subscription with Weight Watchers experience on ConsumerAffairs' site and I was connected the same day with WW. Twenty four hours later my issue was solved, and the payment fully reimbursed. Thank you Consumer Affairs for providing a civilized space where a decent dialog is established, and quick solutions are found. Keep this great site working.

Hi Adrian,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was having a very frustrating experience with another company that I had ordered furniture from and getting nowhere with their "customer service" lines. I then posted my issue here on this site and got an immediate response from the company with an offer to look into my problem. Within about a week I had a positive resolution. I am very pleased with the outcome and I will be checking here in the future BEFORE I go shopping, because the reviews are quite eye opening and I trust that they are legitimate.

Angie,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 29, 2018

ConsumerAffairs provided me with the platform to be heard; which allowed me to share my unpleasant and negative experience with a company that failed to do what is right. ConsumerAffairs addressed my issue and the outcome will benefit both parties. You need ConsumerAffairs (the Reinforcement Team) on your side. Well done!

Hi Kataski,

Thank you for sharing your experiences! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a very misleading experience with this company. Someone called me about my experience with another company, but made it seem as if they represented the other company. They were not clear that my response would be published on their website. They published a review for me, and I had to create an account with them (sharing my phone number, email, address) just to see the comment that I posted. After creating an account, I was not able to remove my comment from the site.

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out! One of our team members will reach out to you soon.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I received an email from Consumer Affairs a week after they called me for a review. I provided a my review, which was a positive review. Today I received an email from no-reply@consumeraffairs.com partially quoting my earlier review with hyperlinks to log in to my account and/or create an account. The last button was a hyperlink to Read the Response, when clicked it, I was required you to create an account, which required that I provide me personal information. After I filled everything in to create an account, and I logged on to the Consumer Affairs website and when I clicked on My Reviews, I was informed that I did not have any reviews. Sure feels like a SCAM to get my personal information.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out! You were unable to locate the phone review you gave due to using a different email address than what was provided in your review to create a ConsumerAffairs account. A team member will reach out to you to verify the information. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 19, 2018

I’ve submitted several reviews to warn the consumer of BUYER BEWARE...also sent in many pages of documents to prove the issues. Not one of the reviews have been posted for the consumer to read... I believe this Consumer Affairs is owned by these big businesses that want to pick only the few good reviews that are sent in. SUCH FRAUDULENT PRACTICES.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out! We understand your concern. A ConsumerAffairs team member will contact you regarding your reviews shortly.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 15, 2018

No questions. Hands down this is better than BBB. Consumer Affairs get resolution and not, "Oh call and see." If sup I think they actually try and come up with resolution as well. Nevertheless my situation is extremely severe and what I've been through. I'm so grateful.

Hi Jamainayh,

Thank you for reaching out! We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 12, 2018

This website provides an excellent opportunity to share experiences, both good and challenging, with companies and situations. The site also seems to be monitored closely by companies. Thank you for your service.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Wrote a huge review about ADT and while it said it was getting views but I searched high and low and couldn't see it. It then said that ADT responded and was waiting for my response but there was nothing there. I give up.

Original review: May 7, 2018

ConsumerAffairs.com was a huge help in resolving our issue with Hayneedle. We are so pleased with "Andrew" at Hayneedle for caring about our problem and working to make it right. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for getting us together with the right person at Hayneedle to find a solution to our complaint.

Hi Ruth,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 4, 2018

After MONTHS of calling the company and trying to get a resolution for a lost package, I finally posted a one star review on ConsumerAffairs. The company immediately responded to my review and I got an email that day saying my claim was approved and a resolution was being handled. The next day I received my missing package next day air. Thanks ConsumerAffairs!

Hi Jim,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2018

In an age of indirect contact between patron and business employees, getting one's needs met as a consumer can feel like moving the Titanic. Impossible. ConsumerAffairs provides a platform to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction when circumstances warrant either. I appreciate the ease and opportunity to do so. Leaving a review here bypasses the long waits on the phone, the wading through multiple representatives to possibly speak with someone in authority. I left one review, and was contacted within hours by the company, and resolved the issue to my satisfaction, without tearing my hair out in frustration. I will return here in the future when the need arises. Thank you, CA.

Hi Carolyn,

That's wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 30, 2018

A few weeks ago, I had a couple of positive experiences using American Home Shield. So, when they called asking me to review the contractors that performed the work I was happy to tell them about my positive experience. At the end of the interview they said they were going to publish it online. I didn't know that at the time, but I said sure why not? Anyway, fast forward to today, I get an email saying that American Home Shield responded to my review, but in order to see their response, I have go to Consumer Affairs website and create an account. Basically, give them ALL of MY information. And for what? To see a stupid generic response? Screw you? Why are you trying to farm my personal information? I call BS on you! Drop dead! You blew my positive experience, NOW, I just hate you! Late!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand your concern. In the past, we allowed users to simply write a review and verify their email address. Since June of 2013, we now ask all consumers to create an account on our site for the following reasons:
-We'll be able to contact you if we need to ask a follow-up question.
-You can track the progress of your review anytime.
-Companies respond more frequently to reviews from customers with verified contact information.
-A company can contact you privately to resolve your issues.
-You don't have to fill in your contact information again for each new review.

-When the company has resolved your review, you can post a follow-up message.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 27, 2018

Thank you for giving us somewhere to go and share our experiences as paying consumers in an attempt at a resolution as well as to let other consumers know who and what to look out for. I wish I looked on your site prior to using Enterprise/National car rental and we would have never used them based on your verified buyers' low reviews. Lesson learned. We will look on your site from now on before we do business with a company we’ve never done business with before. Thank you.

Hi Bill,

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 26, 2018

Why would Consumer Affairs alter my Review? They edited it to suit somebody else's needs. My Review included the word "**" when describing MYSELF and that word was removed, why? It was relevant to the experience that I had with MoneyGram. Every single Foreign person had their transactions go straight through without any problems, that was what I personally observed. What is the problem with the truth?

Original review: April 25, 2018

Within 24 hours of posting my complaint I was contacted by the company to discuss what went wrong. Within a days of correspondence the issue was totally resolved. Thanks for giving us consumers a place to help resolve issues.

Hi Trent,

Original review: April 25, 2018

I opened a complaint with CONSUMER AFFAIRS on March 27th regarding Green Dot Corp fraudulent activity and breach of contract. The Consumer Affairs moderation team was initially helpful in getting contact initiated between Green Dot and myself. However, I've sent several additional follow up emails to the team seeking to UPDATE my original complaint to include RECENT ACTIVITY and CONCERNS and each time my reviews are placed "ON HOLD" while no further advocacy is explained or provided.

Green Dot promised on March 30th they would resolve my issue within 2-3 business days and they have not. I have ALERTED Consumer Affairs and tried to initiate additional REVIEWS/COMPLAINTS and have been placed ON HOLD by Green Dot as well as Consumer Affairs. I would like someone to respond and 1. let me know what is going on with my issue, 2. let me know why I am not able to UPDATE my review and 3. let me know what Consumer Affairs policy and procedure are regarding what happens after a review is responded to by company. I HAVE LOST MY MONEY and now I AM LOSING FAITH in anyone who isn't doing all they can to help offer some peace of mind along the way.

Hi TK,

Thank you for reaching out! After looking into this, it appears that the follow-up information you provided was updated on your original review on 3/31/2018 and again on 4/24/2018. Please reach out if you have any additional questions regarding this or need further assistance. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 24, 2018

I posted a review and I got an answer from Century which didn't answer my questions. (Commercial twisted answer.) I was invited to post a 'private response." Does it mean that you give a chance once to consumers to complain then it's over when the company answers whatever they feel like answering to cover their mistakes? After that we are on our own? I also saw that Century pays you a fee so I understand that instead of being a website which brings solutions to consumers this is a way to advertise for companies that steal our money... all the reviews are positive mostly. Am I right or Am I right? I sent them a response, I am dealing with them but all this is fake...

Original review: April 19, 2018

I am now receiving spam on a new email address I set up just for use with you so no one else had the email address. I own and operate the server so I know you are probably giving out my email address.

Original review: April 17, 2018

After what should have been a simple 3 step process that should have taken 3 business days with my account with Century Link I was at my wit's end since it was going into 3 months to resolve. I found ConsumerAffairs online and wrote about my experiences with Century Link. A Century Link representative came on the site and mentioned that Century Link had started to pay attention to the ConsumerAffairs site and wanted to resolve my issue. I thank ConsumerAffairs for being there for me and the issue has finally been resolved.

Original review: April 15, 2018

This company is absolutely superb. It allows you as a consumer to share good and bad experiences with others to ensure business that practice bad habits are exposed to the public and those that are good to be shared with millions of others looking for reputable services. So thank you Consumer Affairs for allowing us as consumers a voice to all that’s interested.

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with ConsumerAffairs. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 12, 2018

Within 48 hours of posting review on ConsumerAffairs, the company responded and we are on the road to a resolution. ConsumerAffairs provided a very valuable service and it was easy to accomplish. Thank you!

Hi Douglas,

That is wonderful to hear! We love when consumer are able to fully utilize the services we provide. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for news, reviews and more!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 8, 2018 I posted a review of the TEACH Grant over a year ago and it is still on hold for review. This in itself is rather odd. Why does it take over a year to review a post? The post contain accurate information and details that can be easily confirmed online. Others have had similar experiences. So I am reviewing Consumer Affairs.

Vital consumer information is being withheld from consumers who really need to understand the pitfalls of the TEACH Grant process. This warning is needed.

Hi Dorcas,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review of TEACH Grant is on hold because we do not yet have a profile page for that company. Unfortunately it's just not realistic for us to have a page for every single company and so in cases like this, we hold your review, and any others for the same company, in our database until we have gathered enough reviews to be able to create a profile page. When we've gathered enough reviews, your review will be published and you will receive an email letting you know.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 7, 2018

Was skeptical but seems to be the real deal. After my issue was resolved, I became a believer and wouldn`t hesitate to rec this site to assist on consumer issues. It's nice to have an advocate. Thanks!

Resolution response: April 9, 2018

I received excellent support. The router had a strange problem and Frontier replaced it. The speeds are now perfect and extremely stable!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was having ongoing problems with my internet. Consumer Affairs had an excellent account manager from Frontier Communications help me. It was a strange problem with degradation of internet speeds only with wifi over time. Frontier tech support contacted me. They sent to me a new type of router and of a different make and that fixed the problem 100%. Amazed and satisfied, excellent experience!

Duane,

We are happy to hear we were able to help resolve the problem with Frontier Communications! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more!

Original review: April 6, 2018

My initial review on the RTG(Rooms To Go) extended warranty was promptly reviewed by RTG, and action was taken by RTG to resolve the issue. I am grateful for this platform and thank RTG for their attention and prompt resolution.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information