It's that easy Request Information
4.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

940 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

No help from a company until your site was used! I got NOWHERE dealing with a company until they saw my honest real negative review on your site. THEN, they took action to resolve my issue. Before my review was listed I made no less than 5 phone calls to various people at that company. Got nowhere. THANK YOU!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

ConsumerAffairs allowed me to voice a legitimate complaint I had with an insurance claim. The insurance company responded via the site. The claim was reviewed and processed. I believe ConsumerAffairs played a part as they allowed me to voice my situation and the insurance company took notice. ConsumerAffairs is a very user friendly site and I give them an A+.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Good place to get information from others on different companies. I should of used you guys before buying from LightInTheBox. Will use you from now on as a place to get information on other companies.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I tried everything I could think off to contact someone in Express Scripts to inform them of my problem. It appeared to me that no one in Express Scripts has a supervisor or they do not want to work problems when they arise. ConsumerAffairs.com got me to an individual that I had no way of knowing about or finding on my own. I still had to correct the problem on my own because they did not have a clue about how to fix the problem. Thank you ConsumerAffairs.com.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've written a several of reviews on ConsumerAffairs and I had a good experience because two companies contacted me to further discuss my issues/concerns and in both cases we reached a resolution that was satisfactory. I use ConsumerAffairs to check reviews on companies, I recommend this forum for a place to give and receive useful information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Bad app leads to poor quality reviews. Despite an excellent handle on the English language, the formatting on the mobile site to enter reviews is so crappy. I look like a first-year ESL student. This, despite checking for errors repeatedly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I listed a complaint with ConsumerAffairs about a company that billed me for a service I did not receive. Following that the company responded and refunded my money. Bravo ConsumerAffairs. Very helpful to the consumer public.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After posting a 1-star review following a difficult experience with a company, I was contacted the next day by a customer service representative who has promised to resolve the issue. I will not know right away that the issue is resolved (it may take a few days for the refund to go through), but I am optimistic. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They were professional in handling my complaint until the matter was resolved. They kept the communications going in a very timely manner, notifications were quick, results were favorable. The mortgage lender and I were able to communicate and come to an agreement.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had a difficult time getting better customer service through my home warranty. I tried my best to handle the issue internally but no matter how many times I communicated my concern, my home warranty gave me the same options that just did not work. This ultimately motivated me to post a review about them on Consumer Affairs. Within four days of posting the review, my home warranty contacted me to address the issue. Although it took a while, my issue was eventually resolved. If it weren't for Consumer Affairs, I honestly would not be sure if I would have been able to say that.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had a horrible experience with an online travel company and wrote a negative review on Consumer Affairs. I was very surprised to receive a call from a Supervisor of that travel company and he proceeded to solve my problem. I definitely will use this site first to make sure the company is legit.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I appreciated the opportunity to share my accurately described transaction with a company's bad service. It even gives a person a bit of satisfaction to be able to "vent" over a bad experience. However, I wish there was a way to edit or follow-up on the entry because I managed to turn my situation around with just one more call to the company. I ended up getting the compensation I desired and was very pleased in the end. I was not able to wait for a reaction to the original complaint on the forum but I am glad it exists and hope it is successful for most who come to it to explain their reviews.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I corrected a review from a company that I had an issue with regarding shipping costs. ConsumerAffairs declined to publish the corrected review citing their policy not allowing this type of review. Bye ConsumerAffairs. Delete my account. Internet has gone off the rails.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I wrote about how frustrated I had become when I made a few phone calls to Enterprise and got different answers, different prices. I actually received a response, apologizing for the mishaps and offering to make it up to me. My faith in Enterprise is restored.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

If it wasn't for this company I would have not solved the issue. Calling was getting no nowhere so I posted on this site and my issue was resolved within two days. I was in a bad place and I am thankful for this company.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I bought a product through the internet, and what was sent to me was not what I had bought. When I tried to return it, I got into a "molasses" situation, with no motion. Immediately after I wrote a review in ConsumerAffairs, the seller responded and the process of the return and refund got moving to a successful conclusion.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

The ConsumerAffairs site has been helpful on several occasions where companies have been far less than satisfactory addressing problems with their products/services; at times, going so far as to exhibit bullying tactics against unwitting consumers. Publication of consumer concerns on ConsumerAffairs appears to get the proper degree of attention from most businesses (Some companies remain dismissive and neglectful with no response) to help resolve concerns.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Robert from TicketsatWork ConsumerAffairs was awesome!! He helped me out and resolved my issue in less than 2 hours when I've been waiting for 1 month to get this issue resolved... Great guy and made my day. Thank you Robert!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I rated ADT. They immediately acted on it after seeing review from Consumer Affairs. I am in my review site to remove or respond to their helpfulness only to find out that I cannot edit, delete or comment. Your team has decided it does not meet criteria to be posted. Yet somehow ADT and 750 (?) other have viewed my post.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for reaching out! Your original review is in "Grace Period," which is the time right before your review posts to our site. You are not able to view your review in this short time period. Although, you will be able to see this in a day or so. Your second review for ADT was denied as a duplicate to your original post. Please let me know if I can provide any further clarification and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Excellent service. Providing consumers with prompt communication methods with company's management to ensure fairness and resolve. My concerns were addressed almost immediately and we were able to come to an amicable resolution with VCF.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

ConsumerAffairs was prompt and I was able to get a response from a company that I reviewed. I really appreciate their assistance and will use this website in the future. The review process was very easy to use.

Hi Debra,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Very satisfied with the manner in which our complaint was handled. Great mediator. Being that the complaint is public for all to see, it helps with getting help from an outside source where the public can view complaints and see how they are resolved. Thanks.

Hi Diane,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I was supposed to be assisted in deleting one of my reviews which was put on HOLD. That was yesterday. I was told it would be resolved this morning. Then I was told I had to wait for someone to call me. Meanwhile, my funds are not be no released because of Consumer Affairs not doing their job effectively. I don’t think they are protecting consumers. Now that I know how the system works.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

ConsumerAffairs was a Big Help. I like the fact that you guys get the companies to respond to the complaints and post both sides. This is a great service. I would definitely use this website in the future if I have a need to so.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My review has been sitting there since September 21st. Waiting for a response. Also this site tends to surface all the five stars reviews and the one star ones are hidden. I wonder WHO is really writing the five stars reviews? Are you guys getting paid by these companies to do this? Is this a fake site?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a warranty issue that I was trying to resolve with the dealer's (Mattress Firm) website process, but the company twice denied my claim, although it was obvious to anyone who looked that the product had failed. The interactions between the company and me were progressing at a glacial pace, and the mattress was getting worse by the day. When I googled the problem, I discovered another complaint on the ConsumerAffairs.com website from a customer who had purchased the same model mattress about a month after I did, and was having the same problem as me.

I decided to post my own experience on the site, and within a few days an executive from the company called. He expedited the review and return process, and within ten days I got a new replacement mattress delivered to my home. My use of ConsumerAffairs.com definitely turned the situation around. It's clear to me that it helps successful vendors pay attention when their customers' frustration reaches the boiling point.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I need to edit my review and there appears to be no option to do so. This is bad. If there is an option it's not easily find-able and that is bad. A simple "edit" button right next to the review in my list of reviews would be great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The response was terrific from start to finish. My problem was resolved in less than 24 hrs. with no ifs, and or buts. Nutrisystem also responded very quickly with a fast and courteous response. Great customer service from both parties.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My friend recently went blind and his card broke in half. We had a terrible time with customer service intending to mail the replacement card to an old address. This was since he had no other access to money. The problem was the customer service number kept hanging up on us. Over and over. Could not even get a human being at the corporate office.

Ran across Consumer Affairs and was relieved to see that Green Dot responded to the reviews. There was no other way to get through. Green Dot contacted us and said they couldn’t find his account info. Still a dead end but at least there’s a name and number. At the same time his card arrived and we were able to activate it. What a mess but now he has access to his money.

Hi Christopher,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your friend's resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Wow! What a horrible website! You won't even allow someone to post a complaint unless they subscribe to your newsletter. Talk about extortion! I guess there are no neutral websites or agencies to help the average person in today's world.

Hi Jo,

Thank you for reaching out! When you sign up for a free ConsumerAffairs account you have the option to also sign up for our newsletter. It is not a requirement to create an account. I hope this provides you with some clarity on the matter. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information