It's that easy Request Information
3.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

902 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I seriously don’t think my issue would have been resolved if it wasn’t for the intervention by ConsumerAffairs. I filed a complaint only because I felt I had reached the end of the line and everyone had done everything they could on my end to get my prescriptions filled by Express Scripts. Within 24 hours Express Scripts reaches out to me after hearing from ConsumerAffairs and within 3 days my prescriptions were filled and approved for the rest of my life. I’m not even sure how I ended up on ConsumerAffairs' website - but I am so happy I did! Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it very very much.

Hi Anne,

We are happy that you have been able to fully utilize the services we offer! We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I submitted a review of a product which has proven very unsatisfactory for the friend of mine who needs it. I bought a Jitterbug Flip, a phone designed and marketed for seniors, for a 95 year old friend. An earlier review of the selling company's unfriendly and misleading product pricing has been liked by over 30 people so far. My negative review of how the phone does not work for my friend has been put "On Hold" - apparently forever. Note indicates that review "doesn't meet requirements" for publication. My understanding is that too many published negative reviews may have the Brand withdraw their support for ConsumerAffairs for Brands. So much for honesty.

Hi Clint,

Thank you for reaching out! Your second review was placed on hold so that the information could be added to your original review. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

On rare occasions, I am unable to resolve a problem with a company through normal channels. Twice in the last year, I've gone to ConsumerAffairs for help and received a message from the company in a few days. Both problems were resolved to my satisfaction without dealing with human speedbumps/roadblocks. Great to know I have this last resort option!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

What a fantastic service this organization provides. I thought for sure that after my concerns had fallen on deaf ears at my cell phone provider that I would simply be venting on this site for all to see. Guess what, that provider called me and we worked things out to my satisfaction after they saw my review. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!!!

Hi Raymond,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

This is a good resource for issues that need help resolving. If you just looking to leave a review or a dispute resolution, this is a great avenue for both options. I feel much better knowing I got the help I needed instead of letting it go and being upset and out money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had a recent problem with a large company that refused to reimburse me for a large sum of money I ended up spending outside of our contractual agreement. Within a day or two of posting my negative review of this company on the ConsumerAffairs website, the company was made aware of my poor review... I was contacted by that company and my issue was resolved to my satisfaction. This would not have happened without ConsumerAffairs. I strongly encourage everyone to use this tool if you can’t find resolution on your own.

Hi Erika,

Thank you for reaching out! I am so happy that we are able to help in your resolution. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news and reviews in the future!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I never knew about ConsumerAffairs until my TiVo stopped working (some apps wouldn't open). Call after call to TiVo techs was useless. Things changed dramatically after I wrote a very negative review of TiVo's lack of service to fix my problem. I actually received a phone call from a tech supervisor. I followed her advice and the problem as of now is fixed. Thanks, Consumer Affairs for our speedy protection of consumers. You are a A+ in my book.

Hi Albert,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had written on here in response to an injustice done to me due to what transpired on 8/08/2018. As some have read the reviews it was a wrong that should have been righted. I'm here to tell you because of ConsumerAffairs stepping in and repeated attempts by myself and an advocate from my bank, InTown Suites has returned the money I had paid out. A big thank you for ConsumerAffairs for making this happen. If it were not for you guys I think it would have been a loss for this man since the money returned will help out on surgery that was performed this past Monday, so I say again thank you so much ConsumerAffairs for posting and helping out.

Hi Cholti,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

At first I couldn’t respond to my review on NDR, but after navigating the sign-up process I found it easy to respond and write other reviews. However, it would’ve been even easier if it prompted me to make an account before I wrote my first review.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand your concern. In the past, we allowed users to simply write a review and verify their email address. Since June of 2013, we now ask all consumers to create an account on our site for the following reasons:
-We'll be able to contact you if we need to ask a follow-up question.
-You can track the progress of your review anytime.
-Companies respond more frequently to reviews from customers with verified contact information.
-A company can contact you privately to resolve your issues.
-You don't have to fill in your contact information again for each new review.
-When the company has resolved your review, you can post a follow-up message.

I am happy to hear that you were able to get your account fully setup. We hope to continue to be you source for consumer new and reviews in 2018 and beyond!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

There is an censor in action. Censors are evil. Only totalitarian countries and totalitarian activities censor. I prefer trustpilot.com which is based in Denmark because at Trustpilot my review is published immediately without any totalitarian censor.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I was in the 4th month of a nightmare trying to get my cell phone bill corrected. One day on this site, the next day I had a response from the phone company and the following day a resolution and it's all settled. This is the first time I used this site, but it works. I thank you.

Hi Nancy,

That's wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Thank you so very much for helping. The company made contact with me and we came to a resolution in about a week and I had been trying on my own since December 2017. If not for ConsumerAffairs.com, I don't think I would have found a solution.

Hi Raquel,

Thank you for reaching out! We are so glad we were able to assist in your resolution. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more!

Original review: July 31, 2018

After a non-productive phone exchange with a customer service representative (who was rather condescending) with a business that had billed me incorrectly, I decided to try ConsumerAffairs in hopes their platform would enable me to make further progress. In less than 24 hours, everything has been resolved with a complete refund to me and the representative who contacted me through ConsumerAffairs handled everything promptly and with courtesy. I had about decided to leave the program I was enrolled in but now feel like a valued customer who has been treated very fairly and with respect. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for providing this site to people who are searching for a resolution to an issue.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I started a ConsumerAffairs account for the sole purpose of posting a review of a company that I thought could have done a better job resolving an issue. After posting the review, I received a quick response and optimal resolution from the company. Thank you to ConsumerAffairs for this platform!

Original review: July 29, 2018

I wrote a very detailed review on Liberty Mutual Insurance company's Right Track program back on 9/21/2015. I offered specific warnings and advice to other potential customers using this product and gave several suggestions that Liberty or Right Track could use for improving the safe usefulness of their product. If the review was too long then don't offer 50,000 characters. If there was something else wrong with the review that I could correct then give me feedback, otherwise it looks like you are protecting the company.

I spent valuable time thinking the issue through and composing the review and I think I was very fair and not vindictive in my assessment even though the company misrepresented how the product would work (Like signs advertising BIG BUCKS won with Powerball Lottery). Please either release my review from "Hold" state, or contact me as to why the review did not meet requirements and give me a chance to correct it - I think it is important for both Liberty Mutual and the public to understand how this works and possible bring pressure to improve the product for everyone's safety.

Hi R,

Thank you for reaching out! Your original review for Liberty Mutual was denied as it was published on other sites. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. Since then, you have submitted a second review for Liberty Mutual and it was published on 7/29/2018. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 27, 2018

I appreciate your site as it gave me a voice outside of a company representative. It is also helpful in giving other people a chance to read these reviews get more information on a company and them make an informed decision versus guessing.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I had a very positive experience with Consumer Affairs. I had done nothing wrong and the company acknowledged it. Although I had to go this route I am not regretful. I will, however, continue to do what is right as a consumer so that agencies like this can continue to assist consumers like myself against companies that take advantage of people that just have lack of knowledge.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Consumer Affairs is great. I did a review on a company because I was really disappointed and wanted to warn others. I only do this when I really am pissed. I didn’t even message the company directly and they contacted me because of this site. The company I originally wrote about gave me a refund and I am very pleased.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had an issue with my internet provider charging me for something they said would be free. I spent a number of hours on the phone with the billing department trying to get a refund. I called them 3 times and every time I would have to start over explaining the situation and the rep disconnecting the call "accidentally". I posted a one-star review in ConsumerAffairs.com. The next day a rep from the internet provider sent me a private message. I got a refund in two days.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very helpful when I couldn't reach PeopleFinders, I emailed them for a week straight, sadly I only got a canned form letter response, that's not sufficient when you're trying to correct a nagging issue, or a potentially violent situation. Again they never overcharged me for any search, it was just the fact of trying to keep my ex out of my life. Thankfully ConsumerAffairs & PeopleFinders helped me to correct the situation finally. I would never have gotten anywhere on my own, SMH. :(

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have rated a service provider that was giving me difficulty twice on ConsumerAffairs, and both times the situations got resolved. I'm not saying it was entirely their doing, reviewing the service provider on Yelp probably helped too, but they played a big role, and for that I'm very grateful! ConsumerAffairs helps make things happen.

Hi Jim,

That’s wonderful to hear. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I love the information I receive. There's not a single email that I do not forward. Most of my contact list have subscribed to get their own email. I wish there were a better way to relate the information to how it affects me.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I really like reading ConsumerAffairs Newsletter. It apparently has been coming to my Spam folder. I will look for it from now on before deleting my Spam mail. Please do not stop sending the emails to me.

Hi Clarice,

We love that you enjoy our newsletter! You can gain much needed information about product recalls and issues from it! We hope to continue to be your go-to source for research in future purchases!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 14, 2018

While I have posted several positive reviews, it is the two (only) negative reviews I am referencing here. I, unfortunately felt compelled to issue negative reports for HelloFresh meal delivery and First American Home Warranty. Both companies quickly responded to my CONSUMERAFFAIRS posts and my complaints were ultimately resolved to my satisfaction. They were resolved, even though both companies had initially, either refused to refund a 'billing error' or, denied a claim. I firmly believe that CONSUMERAFFAIRS provides the 'consumer' the forum and visibility to share their interactions with 'companies', with the public in general. That level of visibility, in my opinion, provided the impetus for the 'company' to make restitution and/or the repair in both cases. I firmly believe it was the service provided by posting on CONSUMERAFFAIRS that led to my satisfactory resolution.

Hi Virginia,

Original review: July 13, 2018

I thank CA for being available to deal with problems encountered when doing business. I wrote a review about a company and was later contacted by the President who resolved my complaint and then made up for every inconvenience. ConsumerAffairs gives the consumer a much needed voice.

Hi Viola,

Original review: July 13, 2018

What an extreme waste of time and energy. I reviewed a company. Received an email that they responded. Had to create an acct to view it. Account created! Log in. Nothing. Was this a ploy to get my contact info as to bombard my cell or email with nonsense? If so, great. I gave you a nonworking number and a junk email. Mostly because I do not need an account to your crap site.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out! You were unable to see this review because the when you signed up for a ConsumerAffairs account you used a different email than what was provided in your original review. Please create an account using that email to be able to see your original review.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 11, 2018

I appreciated finding a site where it was easy to navigate and post my review. I didn't expect to hear from the company, but I did. While my experience was a negative one with the company I reviewed, they did respond, which is a plus, I appreciate having a forum and will be posting reviews more often. (Not just complaints, I believe good customer service is important and should be recognized more often.)

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been trying to write a review And they keep erasing it. Thank you for your advocacy in taking care of the problem with Choice Home Warranty. They too were very fair and resolved the Problem quickly. Thank you very much!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I asked not to be called but to be sent info via email. Instead I received dozens of calls. Not interested in a sales pitch via phone call. Send me the info and I will decide. Otherwise leave me alone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had some problems with eHarmony.com and I could not reach the customer service of this company. Eventually I decided to write a review on ConsumerAffairs.com and this really helped me to connect with eHarmony and resolve my issues. So my experience with ConsumerAffairs.com was very good and I thank for the prompt help.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information