2.4/5 (35 ratings)

About ConsumerAffairs.com

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I could not get Resolution from Physicians Mutual Dental Insurance - But by contacting Consumer Affairs I got resolution I believe. Will know for sure after 01 September 2022 if my Wells Fargo Bank USA is not auto pay electronically debited. But so far so good. Thank you Consumer Affairs Consumer Protection Agency (independent).

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Roger! We are happy to hear that we have a new fan and that our platform was helpful to you! :)

Original review: July 28, 2022

I wrote an honest review based on my experience with a company and it "did not meet the guidelines" so what is the point of the CA website?? To me it's totally worthless if you cannot post your real experience.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I put a post on here about a company and it was not completely positive (about HomeServe). I asked after I made the post why I could not see it. I was told they allow 2 weeks for the company you review 2 weeks to respond before they place your post about the company you review. It is well past the 2 week period and I want see what they had to say. AND I have now at ConsumerAffairs when I clicked on their LINK about reviews, I have left, it STATES you have not placed a review. Since they "MAYBE" compensated by companies seems they may not post negative reviews?

Original review: June 21, 2022

Please do your homework. American Home Shield is the worst company and they are fraudulent. There are hundreds of bad reviews yet you ranked them high: something is wrong with that! I trusted your reviews until now. Bad call ConsumerAffairs.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Rhonda, Thank you for reaching out. “Overall satisfaction ratings” appear at the top of profile pages for companies, whether or not they participate in the Authorized Partner Program. These ratings are based on a scale of one (1) to five (5), with five (5) being the highest possible score. A company’s “overall satisfaction rating” is a time-based weighted average numerical calculation of the ratings submitted by consumers in the most recent 12-month period if the company has received 30 or more ratings in the last 12 months. If a company has fewer than 30 ratings in the most recent 12-month period, we average all ratings received, including those from before the most recent 12-month period.

You can read more on our FAQ page here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/

Original review: June 20, 2022

Was looking for reviews on a Horribly rated company named Atlantic Broadband. The ratings box you show seems to suggest that most reviews are for 4 or 5 star rating. Not So. Further investigation by number of stars show less than full page for each of the levels from 2 stars up to 5 stars, a total of 4 pages for all of those stars. However, there are over 8 pages of one star evaluations of Atlantic Broadband as I already know from personal experience. It seems that someone or some reason leads your summary box of ratings to show the exact opposite situation. I see no reason to come back or recommend this site to anyone.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Consumer Affairs was a company I trusted, no longer. Consumer Affairs solicited Endurance insurance, who uses high pressure sales tactics. If you don't take the offer right then and there they will jack up rates. You can't get a quote and think about. I had to pay for everything out of pocket and now hope they reimburse me. I have lost all faith in Consumer Affairs!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I asked for auto warranty comparisons and hesitated when asked for my phone number, but Consumer Affairs promised to MASK my number. The LIARS released my phone number. Terry ** ** on 4/19/22, info sent to Dreamlandquilts@gmail.com. You’ve shielded yourselves from complaints so this is all I can do. Stop the calls from the two companies you sent my info to after promising not to!!! I plan to send a complaint about this to the BBB you cowardly liars!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I was getting nowhere with a company to resolve an issue. But once you post a negative review, someone takes notice and took active steps to resolve my problem. I don't think I would have gotten anywhere without Consumer Affairs! Thank you!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Jody! We are so happy to hear that our platform has been useful to you. Thank you for reaching out!

Original review: April 15, 2022

You emailed me to read to a response from Pure Talk, I create an account, log in and I’m told I have no reviews posted. Not sure what the problem is but that’s 30 minutes I’ll never get back. Looking forward to hearing from you

Original review: March 22, 2022

Site allows homeowners to post false and untrue information. Before they post they should have to get both sides of the story. The reason people post here is they can post without retaliation. Most are unreasonable consumers that didn't finish paying or were difficult.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Tom, Thanks for reaching out! Our Moderation Team evaluates reviews and images to make sure they fulfill our guidelines before publishing. Not all reviews or images are published. The best and most helpful reviews and comments, whether positive or negative, are factually correct, include details from firsthand experiences, and have photos.

You can read more about that here: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/review-guidelines/

You can also read more about our process for reviews and ratings here on our FAQ page: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/about/faq/#reviews-and-ratings

Original review: March 19, 2022

When I was searching to subscribe directly for your website, the first one who show up was a not secure one that my browser warned me about, just because of an extra letter S after the word consumer_affairs.com.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Consumer Affairs helps the little guy get noticed. With disputes you can feel not heard by big conglomerates. Consumer Affairs has helped me solve my issues with a couple of companies and I’m excited about utilizing them again for positive resolutions.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Francis! Thank you for reaching out. We are thrilled to hear that we have a new fan. :)

Original review: March 4, 2022

ConsumerAffairs.com is promoting a scammer company called Lightinthebox. I tried to warn anyone on this site, but the moderators won't allow it. Lightinthbox is a scam company and Consumeraffairs.com promotes them. I know this won't be posted and this is the last time I will ever use this site.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I am so glad to have found a review site that actually gets things done. I have made 2 reviews and got a reply from both companies and resolved all issues I had with them. I highly recommend this site if you need action on a problem.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Michael! We are happy to hear that our platform was helpful to you. We are glad to hear that we have a new fan. We appreciate you!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

During my warranty research I received a call from Consumer Affairs and was advised Carchex was a good company to choose, thanks to Consumer Affairs for their guidance in helping me choosing a good warranty company.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Elmer! We are happy to hear that we could help. :)

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I appreciate the help Consumer Affairs gave in finding a resolution to my situation. They were able to help at a level that I would not have been able to achieve on my own. Once Consumer Affairs reached out to the business the resolution process was quick and easy.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Thank you for choosing us to share your experience, Martina! We always have your back. :)

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I had a issue with a company and used this site to register a complaint. Within minutes my issue was resolved. I had made numerous calls to attempt a resolution with no avail. This site is great and I will definitely use it again.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Stephen! That is great to hear! We are thrilled to have a new fan. We hope to continue to be of service to you!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

"Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." WHY THE HELL NOT? Can't believe I wasted my time with you folks. Maybe my English isn't good enough, please enlighten me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

While the site did highlight, in absolutely no detail, the various options available, it did not go far enough. It required me to choose a contractor before understanding what is involved. It would be better if the site had a link to the manufacturer, not to a contractor.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Robin, Thank you for reaching out! We love to hear feedback likes yours. We are constantly trying to improve our website for consumers like yourself. In the future you can always use our chat option for a more personalized recommendation or for more information.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Once I made a choice I don't need to argue with every vendor on your list why I didn't choose them. My "I picked someone already" should be enough to receive the courtesy of respecting my decision. And your criteria for who's better may not be the same as mine. I didn't want to cover everything but the kitchen sink - and the last thing I wanted to do was to spend my time with a used car salesman explaining my reasoning. And that includes you all.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Eager for all your important information but I had no problems until I got to the last step which was to “get my matches” but this site computes a “sorry, there was an issue” error. Nope, Scams like you are “the issue”.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Chris, Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry to hear that you ran into an error on our website. In the future you can always use our chat feature for a more personalized recommendation. Either way, we appreciate you and your feedback!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

After spending so much time trying to get a problem with my timeshare company without success, it was refreshing to post the facts on Consumer Affairs and very quickly get a resolution from my timeshare company. Thank you, Consumer Affairs, for making the impossible possible!

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Karen, Thanks for reaching out. We are thrilled that we could help and we are happy to hear that we have gained a new fan. We appreciate you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Thank you Consumer Affairs for your assistance. I'm grateful your website allowed me to revise/resolve my complaint with ease. Unlike BBB your system setup is user-friendly. I appreciate all you do. Keep up the great work.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Lesia! We are thrilled to hear that we have a new fan and that our platform was helpful to you! We hope you have a great week and a Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I was having an issue with Choice Hotels Inc and I posted that issue on this website. Immediately I was contacted by Choice and the issue was resolved. This is an amazing resource and it worked awesome for me.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Bryan! We are glad to have a new fan! Thanks for using ConsumerAffairs and for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I tried calling Williams-Sonoma customer service and got no help. I then went to Consumer Affairs and also sent an email to the company. I got a resolution within 24 hours. I think that is great! This was the first time I've gotten help from Consumer Affairs and I will keep them in mind for the future. Thanks.

ConsumerAffairs.com response
Hi Linda, That is great to hear. We appreciate you for sharing this feedback with us.

Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Thank you for helping me to resolve the issues I had in a quick and honest way!! The company responded immediately and everything was worked out. I'm also glad that I was able to update my review afterwards.

ConsumerAffairs.com response

Hi Janet! We are thrilled to hear that our platform was able to help you. Thank you for sharing this with us. We appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

This review is about Consumer Affairs. They are dishonest in every way. They go where the money is. They can care less about what people think. Though this won't go through here but it will with Trustpilot and others. Someone has to keep a eye of these crocked review companies.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I explained my situation with a vendor and it gets rejected with NO explanation. My guess, you are working for 8x8 and choose not to be partial. Whatever ConsumerAffairs, now I know better about YOUR company's motive.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Updated on 11/13/2021: I could not get on your Private Response. Why does it have to be Private??? My review 10/09/2021 about your company. Process 24 to 72 hours. 5 days "holding period". 8 days top... Then why did it take Consumer Affairs 23 days to respond? I was not going to Respond, but I had a question that needed to be answered!!! "We only allow one Review per company." WHY???? If the company is no good and what tell the consumer is not True. The people out there need to know about them. Judgment is not Resolved...Please Stop sending anything. I do not Trust consumer affairs any more than I do Freedom Debt Relief.. And that is bad. 1 out of 5 a 0!!!! "We count on members to help consumers make well informed decisions about business or products." No you don't or you would share the Reviews we send...

Original Review: Why are my experience put on hold when I write about Freedom Debt Relief ??? My first one I wrote was put out there, all true. It has reached over 11000 views. But now everything is on Hold. Why is this, has Freedom Debt Relief asked you not to print them??? Because the truth is bad on them!!! Your consumers needs to know how they are!!! They tell them what they want to hear in the start, then you're on your own. Judgments and all. They do not get with their own lawyers to help you...Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I want to start off by saying I have had 4 of my honest reviews REMOVED by the “Moderation team”. All of the reviews claim they “do not meet their guidelines.”

These reviews were ONLY of companies that PAY CONSUMERAFFAIRS.COM for advertising. These are honest reviews and I wanted them made public. The private responses are unacceptable. How is a real review true and honest when all the details are kept private???? Only the ones that seem to be supporting this website will be deleted. After over 4500 views of my original review why must the entire thread be kept private. Now the company has stopped responding after proof of their mistakes however this website will not and refuses to make real news public. Sunrun is a paid sponsor of Consumeraffairs. Do your homework on both companies.

ConsumerAffairs.com Company Information