It's that easy Request Information
3.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ConsumerAffairs.com is a consumer news and advocacy site founded in 1998 by James R. Hood, a veteran Washington, D.C. journalist and public affairs executive. The site includes consumer news, recall information and tens of thousands of pages of consumer complaints, comments and compliments.

ConsumerAffairs.com Gallery (5)
View More View More

875 ConsumerAffairs.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been trying to write a review And they keep erasing it. Thank you for your advocacy in taking care of the problem with Choice Home Warranty. They too were very fair and resolved the Problem quickly. Thank you very much!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I asked not to be called but to be sent info via email. Instead I received dozens of calls. Not interested in a sales pitch via phone call. Send me the info and I will decide. Otherwise leave me alone.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had some problems with eHarmony.com and I could not reach the customer service of this company. Eventually I decided to write a review on ConsumerAffairs.com and this really helped me to connect with eHarmony and resolve my issues. So my experience with ConsumerAffairs.com was very good and I thank for the prompt help.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I found this website looking for help to solve a problem with a company and my orders, and I wrote a review and very quickly the company contacted me to deal with my problem. I am happy I used this website and I review the company. It is the only power left to consumers, but it is not a weak power.

Original review: July 3, 2018

So I didn't get any satisfaction with a company, so I complained on this site. After doing so, the company reached out to me and refunded my money. I was so happy with the outcome which I thought was the fair solution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ConsumerAffairs.com?

Original review: July 1, 2018

When do a website that is supposed to report the truth hold a review because: "ON HOLD. Our moderation team has determined this review does not meet our guidelines for publishing." How can we trust a website to tell us the truth, when you write one and you get the above message. ConsumerAffairs are you here for the customers or your customers?

Hi Victor,

First, I want to personally thank you for using ConsumerAffairs! Your reviews were unable to be published because they were published on other sites. At ConsumerAffairs we only publish original content. I encourage you to write a new unique review and resubmit.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 27, 2018

Once again Green Dot bank refuse to send me my money and ConsumerAffairs you let Green Dot post that this review was resolved and you know doggone well that I have not received my nine hundred ninety seven dollars and forty five cent. I'm writing this review to let ConsumerAffairs know that you allowed this event to go unresolved and falsely misdirect and lie about the resolution. Shame on you. I'm so appalled at your unprofessionalism. This means there's really nothing you can do. Thanks ConsumerAffairs. I guess you done all you can.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review was marked as resolved because, after several attempts, Green Dot was not able to reach you to help you come to a resolution.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was thrilled with how fast ConsumerAffairs was able to handle our matter with another company. I received email notification addressing my complaint shortly after writing the review, received telephone calls to gather more information and the issue was resolved within a week.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I just finished a review, after multiple efforts finally got me logged in to ConsumerAffairs, and when I had entered the four-character IAMNOTAROBOT field, the message asking for my contact information came up again, along with the cutesy little "Why does ConsumerAffairs need my contact info". Since I logged in, using my contact information less than 5 minutes ago, I would think a computer could recall that.

Original review: June 20, 2018

While I was having one of the worst experiences of my life trying to get repair a leaking shower faucet that had gone for 4 months calling and asking to insurance company or plumbing company for help and getting no response, I got to the point that had no place to turn and became across ConsumerAffairs I think possible by accident, I wrote to them and review the business in question, within 24 hours somebody from the home insurance company contacted me, and began to help. It took still more than a month because even that the employee from insurance company now is interested in helping, the plumber still not cooperating. But persistence and pressure from insurance company now willing to work with me, forced plumber to come and do repair, it took about an hour to get it done, and painful 5 months wait.

Thanks to Consumer Affairs my problem was resolved, and I truly believe that if they have not got involved, my leaking shower would have never got fix, unless I give thousands of dollars as the plumbing company told me will cost for me to do in my own. Can't stop to praise Consumer Affairs for the help and assistance, would recommended with no hesitation to any person having issues with a none responsive company.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I always trust ConsumerAffairs.com and had an incredible experience always. Even if sometimes my issue is not resolved I feel like someone is there to listen to me. I feel light heart like I let out all my anger in words and sharing my thoughts with other folks.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This website is complete cancer. Any product you go on, it's going to have 1 or 2 stars. People only come to this site to complain so all you will find is 85% negative experiences and 15% positive experiences. Do it, find something in your house that you think is a good product such as a TV, computer, laptop etc then search it on here, all you will find is people saying "W0rSTtt Companyyyy ever, TV BRoke WITHIN 3.9 weeks blehhhhh". I did this with my Hitachi 4k TV which is completely amazing and I've had for almost a year now, and it has a 1 star rating with people complaining about everything. Customer service exists guys! It's there for a reason, complaining on this website isn't going to do ** and no one gives three flying ** about your stupid negative experience. For every negative experience with a product, there's a 100-1000 positive experiences, only the negative ones get heard though.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love Consumer Affairs. I hate when I have to use it. As I usually only use it when I have a poor experience with a company or corporation. If I have anything good to say about my experience somewhere I review on the company’s website or Yelp. This is my last resort website and I like to call her my Safe Space. When I’m free to express my experiences and their outcomes as openly as I wish. They review things in a very timely manner, and post them in a timely manner. I truly love Consumer Affairs. ♥️

Original review: June 14, 2018

ConsumerAffairs is a great tool for communication between consumer and business. I received an email every time the company responded to my messages, and it was a great record of the dates and times of our exchanges. ConsumerAffairs helped me resolve my account issue promptly.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I experienced a problem involving a disputed charge from my alarm monitoring service. Initial attempts to resolve the issue with the alarm service failed. Posting my complaint on ConsumerAffairs immediately produced a response from the alarm company which led to resolution. Thanks ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Subscribed for 1 month - was not helpful at all. The items (appliances) with highest Consumer Affairs rating were the most expensive and when you read other consumers' reviews on this site and cross-checking on other sites, the ratings are low/the opposite. Total waste of time.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel ConsumerAffairs is on the right track to protect/help the consumer when products are purchased and does not work as expected. They are a good liaison between both parties and problems can usually be resolved... depending on the product and problem. I had a problem with a smoker and could not get in touch with the manufacturer to save my life. Numerous phone calls by myself and my wife, as well as using a form on their website to address issues... all avenues failed. I then went on to ConsumerAffairs to see what others were going through and if they had the same problem as I did. I then posted my problem, and within a week the manufacturer responded to the forum post and the problem was resolved. This is where to go for product issues! Good job ConsumerAffairs!!

Hi Woody,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 11, 2018

I went back and forth with LA-Z-BOY for a year, on a piece of junk 1800.00 chair I bought. They would do NOTHING for me... UNTIL>>> A post on Consumer Affairs, and all of a sudden, after one year, they contacted me 4 times in only 5 hours! They still SUCK (LA-Z-BOY) but I would not have gotten eighteen hundred dollars back were it not for ConsumerAffairs.com. THANK YOU. And to anyone looking at LA-Z-BOY furniture... save your money and go elsewhere!

Hi Mark,

That’s wonderful to hear! We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more.

Original review: June 10, 2018

This is the first time I had seen this forum and I was so pleased to be able to use it. It allows others to come and look up something they might be interested in or have concerns about and see if they are validated or not. I will definitely come back to check on things and leave reviews if I need to.

Hi Joanne,

We are so glad that you’ve been able to fully utilize the services we offer consumers like you! We hope that you’ll continue to find ConsumerAffairs as a valuable resource in future purchasing decisions.

Original review: June 10, 2018

ConsumerAffairs offers a platform for the individual consumer to share honest reviews that will be shared with the general public as well merchants/vendors. My most recent review was resolved within 24 hours of its posting.

Hi Robert,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We appreciate brands that appreciate their clients. We hope to continue to be your go-to resource for reviews, consumer news & more in 2018 & beyond.

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 9, 2018

Trying to cancel our order in the 3 day grace period. Thank you for your help in getting our order resolved with Blue World Pools. We really appreciate what you did and the help and support you provided.

Hi Deborah,

We are happy we were able to help! We hope to continue to be your source for news and reviews in future purchasing decisions!

-The ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 6, 2018

Thank you! After filling my complaint with your company, I had a real person to call me. Something I couldn’t get on my own. Only problem I have is on the Star rating. Wish there was something between dissatisfied and satisfied for Green Dot. Wish I could have given a 2 1/2 stars. It’s impossible to talk to anyone once you have closed your account!

Hi Marcie,

We are so happy we were able to assist in your resolution. We strive to mend the broken relationship between brand & consumer, as well as being a source of truth to help consumers make informed decisions about many large ticket purchases. We hope to continue to be your source for consumer news & reviews in 2018 & beyond.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I recently had an issue with getting a claim paid by an automotive extended warranty company. I have had many experiences with many different warranty companies, as I am a automotive service professional but, none like the one I had been dealing with until very recently. It had taken weeks to get an authorized repair claim paid by them with a credit card as promised until I wrote a negative review about the experience on your website. Unfortunately, I think the same issues will continue for others that my have a much larger (cost wise) claim than mine but mine has been resolved as a direct result of my review. In fact, the warranty company representative asked if I would please remove my negative review after my claim was resolved and I agreed to do it. Thank you ConsumerAffairs!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Excellent Site for Consumers. After exhausting all avenues to resolve a problem with a consumer debit card, I found ConsumerAffairs online. After posting a review explaining my problem I was contacted by the card issuer. They were very helpful in getting the matter resolved to my satisfaction. I don't think that I would have gotten the matter resolved without them. I certainly would use them again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I am disappointed with your organization!! I wrote an honest opinion is about JustFlowers and you refused to allow me to help others. That company is a fraud. In good faith, I purchased and prepaid for flowers that were never delivered, and were not delivered on the promised date. I am not the only consumer with the same complaint. Why not published mine?? Do you have stock in that company? Conflict of interest?? My review deserves to be published.

Hi Sonja,

Thank you for reaching out! You original review for JustFlowers, written on 05/13/2018, was published on the date you submitted it. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 31, 2018

ConsumerAffairs helped resolve a problem I had with my home warranty company quickly and easily. Before posting my experience on this site, my claim had been stuck in limbo with no end in sight. No more than 24 hours after I posted a review of my experience, I was contacted directly by the company in question who was able to resolve my issue within a few days. Thanks for everything you do and for giving consumers a voice!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Consumer Affairs did not publish my review. Obviously Consumer Affairs is showing their bias and lack of integrity! Home warranties are a consumer rip off! The reviews posted on your website in reference to the home warranty company I wrote about earlier, for the most part are fake. Consumer Affairs appears to be a fraud also. I will be sure to post my opinion about you on other websites, including YouTube, Facebook, and many other forums. Have fun scraping your reputation off the pavement!

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for reaching out! Your review was unable to be published because it was too short. I encourage you to re-write your review for American Residential Warranty including more detail about your experience with them and submit it for publishing.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I gave a review about NewSouth Window Solutions on May 25th. I was a little ticked off that I have not been able to get their repairman out to fix my brand new windows and doors. I told Consumer Affairs that if NewSouth comes out and does the repairs to make them work like the rest of the windows and doors work - which is perfectly. I will up to five stars. Yet, when I wrote my new review and up my review to five stars I was denied because I did not meet the criteria. What is the criteria? NewSouth Windows Solutions did such great work except for my one complaint. Now it is fixed and like I told Consumer Affairs when they called that I would definitely up to FIVE STARS. Tell me now what is the criteria to get my new review in??

Hi Gina,

Thank you for reaching out! You are able to post a resolution to your original review to show that New South was able to come in and correct the issues you were having, rather than writing a completely new review. To post a resolution please follow the steps below:

-Find your reviews
-Click on the review title you want to update
-Click on the text "Would you like to mark this review as resolved?"

-Write your experience, update your star rating and hit the button "Resolve This Review"

Once you post your resolution, you can also update your star rating for them. Please reach out if you have any issues completing this. Thank you for using ConsumerAffairs!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I shared my subscription with Weight Watchers experience on ConsumerAffairs' site and I was connected the same day with WW. Twenty four hours later my issue was solved, and the payment fully reimbursed. Thank you Consumer Affairs for providing a civilized space where a decent dialog is established, and quick solutions are found. Keep this great site working.

Hi Adrian,

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was having a very frustrating experience with another company that I had ordered furniture from and getting nowhere with their "customer service" lines. I then posted my issue here on this site and got an immediate response from the company with an offer to look into my problem. Within about a week I had a positive resolution. I am very pleased with the outcome and I will be checking here in the future BEFORE I go shopping, because the reviews are quite eye opening and I trust that they are legitimate.

Angie,