3.03/5

172 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2019

I ordered two blouses on sale and the order was processed. They charged 12.99 for shipping which was outrageous for a little package. I was emailed a few days later that the one blouse was not available. I reached out and asked them to fix the shipping for 1 blouse. It look several emails before they decided to credit me a whole $3! LOL. The blouse did not fit, but didn't want to spend another 12 dollars to return. I won't be ordering again - mostly due to the customer service.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Wish I'd seen these reviews before I unadvisedly spent my hard earned money at this garbage store! Received a "blouse' and pedal pushers, both of which could've fit comfortably on Dumbo's mother. I've seen higher quality material from China. When I decided to return them, I saw the scam they had going with the 9.99 return fee. Really? Pathetic. I should have known this place wasn't on the up and up when I tried to track my order from the email they sent me and when I tried to log into my account, they said they had no record of any orders from that email! BUYER BEWARE!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I was a repeat customer at Blair.com. I ordered 2 pairs of men's long pants for my disabled son who cannot navigate zipper or buttons, thus requires elasticized waist plus drawstring. I ordered online - they were $15.99 per pair. The pants arrived, and were merely elasticized casual pants of a flimsy pseudo-gabardine material, without drawstring. The pair that I removed from the plastic bag were unzipped, not buttoned, obviously a return from some other customer. I called to re-order the jeans that I had ordered in the past, and spoke with a customer representative who located the item that I had ordered in the past sent and said that two pair of these pants would be $50.00.

I told her that would be fine but I disputed the $9.99 shipping/restocking charge, which would be 1/3n of my original purchase. Blair customer service replied there was no way they would waive the $9.99 return shipping fee back since I had placed the order online and not via a representative. She added that the fee was imposed by the Blair warehouse department: when I asked to speak with them she said I could not until after the item had been received by them, and my account charged. Then I might be able to negotiate a refund. Most companies offer free returns. They have lost me as a customer and I caution others.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I was a 1st time shopper at Blair.com. I ordered 2 pairs of pedal pusher pants in the size I normally wear. The pants arrived and they were way too big and cheaply made. I called to get a smaller size and was on hold for 45 minutes. I hung up and decided to return them. I sent them back using the Blair attached return forms. I got my refund minus a $9.99 shipping charge. I called customer service and was told because of the long phone wait and the poor quality of the items I would get my $9.99 return shipping fee back. After a week the charge was still on my card. I called again and was told they won't take this punitive fee off my card. Most companies offer free returns. I wouldn't recommend using Blair.com unless you are prepared to pay a return fee. Plus the customer service people are not pleasant to deal with. They are not good representatives for this company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of knit pants size 20PS and a pair of Velour slippers, with Memory Foam. The fabric for both pairs of pants was flimsy and the size was closer to a 16 than a 20. The slippers were the right size but the Memory Foam wouldn't press down when the slippers were worn. All in all, it was no bargain to have to send the entire order back and return postage deducted from my credit refund. I wouldn't consider ordering from Blair again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: May 7, 2019

Order a shirt on 5/5. Needed for 5/21. On 5/11 I called. They advised they had no shipping info even though they sent me a confirmation email with the address on it. Requested a speedy shipping. Their answer was it will be processed soon with no info in delivery. I was forced to buy another shirt on Amazon which I got in two days. Sent Blair item back with explanation of failure to provide service in timely manner and expected no charge for return. They charged $9.00 for return and lost a frequent buyer because of their greed and incompetence. Complaints go on deaf ears. Unable to contact corp office. They are also hiding due to numerous complaints of unethical business practices.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Purchased a jacket online. When it arrived it did not look like the one in the picture. It was cheap, shiny plastic, and very low quality. My wife looked at it from across the room and said "I don't even have to touch it. Send it back." There is no way to leave reviews on Blair's website and they charge high shipping both ways. And there is no way on Earth that the jacket I received got all the positive so-called customer reviews on their website. One day I looked and the number of reviews for the jacket was less than the number that was there the day before. In the end I paid over $17 in shipping for a junk jacket I had for one day. Talked to Blair rep and manager on the phone before returning and they said there was nothing they could do about shipping costs. Yeah right. Learn from my mistake and avoid Blair.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I saw a gorgeous green denim shirt online -- a really nice color that was kind of a soft kelly green. I ordered it, but the shirt I received was very dark and drab -- kind of a green-gray color that was very drab. I sent it back, thinking I shouldn't have to pay for shipping since it was their error, not mine, in misrepresenting the shirt online. When I contacted them, they only said that every computer monitor displays colors differently. I worked in graphics for twenty years, so I know how much variation there can be in colors, and this was WAY more than that. Live and learn -- I'll never order from them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I recently placed an order with Blair in 2/19. When the order didn't arrive I logged onto the site and saw that the order had been canceled. I contacted Blair and was told there was some confusion about the shipping and billing address therefore the order was canceled. I was never contacted about the confusion even though I provided my cell phone number. After speaking with a customer service rep I thought things were straightened out until I tried to place a new order today.

Obviously Blair charged my credit card for both the canceled order and the items I ordered to replace them. If you want to do business with this company do not try to have items shipped to a different address than the billing address and also expect to have your credit card charged for canceled items as well as any items you receive. The customer service rep was completely useless and passed me off to the credit card company. I would prefer to walk around in a trash bag than do business with this company again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

On the 2nd of April, I made my second order with Blair. I found a pair of pants that looked right for summerScandia Woods Sports Pants, for the price of 24.99. I called Blair Customer Service for assistance in selecting the pants size, which was confusing to me. The rep insisted that I did not buy the XL size and that the M size was the right inseam size for me. On the 9th of April when the pants arrived I opened the package and unfurled the pants. I was shocked, these pants were for a midget, not for someone 6' tall. Inspecting the material, the pants were of inferior quality. I knew that this was purely a rip-off, care of customer service rep.

The cost of the pants was 24.99, the cost of the total order was $37.20. I was shocked at check out but decided to give them another chance. Now, on the 10th of April I was returning the pants with an additional cost to me of $2.28 for return packaging supplies; making now the total cost spent $$39.48. I contacted Blair about my refund and to inform them that I will never again buy from them. My refund will be processed on the 19th of April for the refund amount of $16.00. Wow, I lost $23.48 attempting to purchase something from Blair, only to return it at a loss to me. No thank you Blair for your kind of business, I will shop elsewhere. Warning: The quality of merchandise sold by this company is not worth you spending your money.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Ordered two sport coats from them because they were colors I needed. I lost some weight lately and was restocking my suits and was very aware of my sizes. I ordered my size from them and one of the suits came overall 2 sizes too large for me, the other one was two sizes too big in the body and the arms were a size short for me. Now that's bad enough but then I boxed them up to return them. I noticed that it said there's a $9.95 restocking charge on return orders, that was upsetting because so many sites do free returns for goods that don't fit, but my bad for not noticing the fine print when I ordered. IT GETS WORSE.

When I got the refund notice from Blair they had charged me back $9.95 per coat and some other charge that totaled over $25.00!!! This place is a Total RIP OFF SITE!!! Do not fall for their ads for quality men's clothing, it's not. Their sizing is something out of fantasy land and they do that on purpose to get your money. The total for shipping my goods to me was a little over $8.00, to return it cost me a little over $25.00. Nice profit for absolutely nothing. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: April 6, 2019

This was the first time I had ordered from Blair. I ordered 4 pairs of pants. Two were back ordered. When I received the first two pairs of pants, they were too big. So, I called to speak to the exchange department. I was asking to get the other two pairs of pants changed (the size) since they were not scheduled to be shipped for two more weeks. She said she would put it in the computer. They were shipped as is (I guess it was too late to change the order). The woman I spoke to never told me they would deduct $9.99 from my order to return the pants.

I could have mailed them myself cheaper than that. Then I had to send the other pants back (apparently, another loss of $9.99). I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told there was nothing that could be done. This was my first and last order with Blair. Never again. I would have cancelled it all together but I would have been out $20.00 with no pants. Oh, and the pants are back ordered again. You would think a company would want to satisfy their customers especially new customers. Buyer Beware!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I placed an order on 3/28/2019 because I saw an ad for free shipping from Blair on my computer. Over on the right hand side when my mailbox is open, there is always a bunch of ads from various companies. I purchased $50 worth of merchandise based on this ad for free shipping. When I checked out, the promo code wouldn't be accepted. I called Customer Service and was told that code didn't exist and they would not honor it. I had to pay the 9.99 shipping charge. I was also told the way to get free shipping is from an offer in emails.

Oddly, I wasn't sent any emails offering free shipping until after I received the confirmation for my order! The Rep. said he searched for the code and there was no such code on the Blair site. Well, I certainly didn't make the code up! People beware of the ads on your computer. Blair does not acknowledge them!! I've been a customer since the 1970s and this is the worst treatment I have ever received from Blair customer service! They don't care I have given them thousands of dollars worth of business over decades. They are squabbling over 9.99!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I placed an order on Sunday, it is now Thursday, and it is still being "processed". It is an in stock item and should have been at the latest pulled and put on the truck yesterday. I called, and there is nothing they can do for me... It will be another 5-8 business days until I receive my order which was sold to me as delivered in 5-7 business days, no mention at the order screen that they will process it until they are good and ready to ship it. But, my money was taken out on Sunday, too bad the bank doesn't "process" that until I get the product. Processing for 4 days and counting for an in stock item? Just pull it on Monday morning, generate a shipping label and ship it. I could have driven to the warehouse and back home long before this.

So I went and ahead and ordered them from Amazon Tuesday (2 days ago) and lo and behold, look what is on my porch this morning? Same curtains... THAT'S how you do business in 2019. Lesson learned. Never ordering from Blair again. Waste of time. Poor way to do business in this day and age... Get it together, Blair. No excuse for items and shipping to take this long.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Don't fall for this company. Quality is Dollar Store at best and dealing with their billing department is a nightmare. Just paid them off so will never have to "try" to talk to someone who knows what they are doing - and yes they don't have a way to file a complaint. Watch out. They send bills later and then charge a late fee.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Perhaps it's part of doing business on the internet but, I ordered this product, a quilted recliner cover based only on limited information and pictures on the Blair website. When I received it, it was no more than a lightweight material sewn in a quilt pattern to a lightweight backing material. Very flimsy. There was no way to secure the cover to the chair and given its very light construction, it would not stay in place when sat on. Overall very cheaply made. I paid nearly $10 to have it shipped to me and the same to ship it back. Consequently, I spent $20 for the privilege of looking at the product to determine it was junk. I will not be a return customer.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have shopped at Blair for decades. Recently ordered 3 pair of "Silhouette Slimmers" jeans in 6P but they are neither silhouette nor slim arriving with baggy legs and terrible fit although we bought the same a few years back with superb fit. So we returned them with the label tear-off now finding they kept $10 of the $40 price for that. I am so angry. It's a disgrace. Old companies are no longer honorable. They see returned shipping as a profit center. After well over 20 years shopping with them, I will never do so henceforth. I am disgusted with them and they have lost a customer.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I ordered a denim flannel lined shirt on 2/2/19. It was way too small for a LT, so I returned it around 2/17/19. I have yet to receive my refund. First and last time I'll shop with Blair. Sad to have to give a bad review, but thought customers should be aware.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered 3 women's tops advertised as being 30" long. They were only 26" long, which changed everything. I sent them back and said the mistake was theirs, and not mine, therefore I should receive a full refund. My original total charges were $48.83. What they credited me was $28.20! This company is disreputable, and I'm not going to waste any more time with them. Listen up, people! I wish I'd read some reviews before ordering. :( I have wasted ordering time, return package time, and $20 as well! And I have nothing to show for it.

Original review: March 10, 2019

This item is described as "silky." I own many silk items, from Citron Santa Monica, Talbots, & Cattle Kate, and have sewn on many kinds of fabrics for 40 years, and I affirm categorically that the texture of this item is a rough, abrasive polyester feel on a lighter weight polyester, something like that of cheaper clothes of the 1970s. The "look" is not "silky" either. In re-reading the reviews of this item, I strongly suspect that Blair deletes the more negative reviews sufficiently to keep the ratings of "would buy again" in the 90 percentiles. Neither are the yellows and lighter blue colors accurately represented on the site—and it's not "my monitor" because I do professional work with color on all my retina Macs. So guess again, Blair. It's your lighting or publishing.

The sketchiest sellers on eBay take returns at their expense when the description is wrong or misleading, but Blair is not that honest. Furthermore, they will debit your credit card immediately when they fill you order, but when you send items back, which they can scan and credit your for immediately, it "may take two billing cycles" to see your money again. We all know that this delay is unnecessary. We all know that this practice of delay is far from usual—much less "best—practice in online retail. Clearly, Blair chooses to operate to some extent on funds that belong to others. Never again will I order from Blair. I plan to forward this complaint to the BBB and to register it as a state and federal consumer complaint to the state attorney general and to the US government, respectively. Blair's poor customer service and shoddy business practices are unfair, underhanded, and, apparently, judging by these reviews, pervasive.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I order items on Feb. 22, 2019, and my credit card has been charged, but I have not received my items. One was a jacket and the other was like a night light. Please advise me what has happen. I have ordered before and never had any problem. My name is: Helen **, **. ( I could not log in to my regular account; it would not take my P/Word. The charge is already on my Visa, but no items.).

Original review: March 4, 2019

In the past, I have always been satisfied with the products and service from Blair. I ordered two items from Blair, that were clearly stated to be on Sale, and used the correct Promo code. Upon reviewing my Credit Card statement, I found I was charged the regular price. A difference of $13.00. I received my credit card statement 30 days after the order was placed, The customer service rep, said it was past 30 days, of the sale, and they could not make any changes. So now I have to pay for THEIR error. IF, I should order again, I will be certain to mail a money order, for their sale amount, so they can't incorrectly charge my account.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ordered a red jacket from this company, believing that it would be the same color as the catalogue shows. It came and instead of a bright red, it was bright orange. I am 77 years old, and I don't want a bright orange jacket. I asked for a waiver on the return charge, because I feel that this is not my mistake. I am now out $9.99 return fee. I return very few of the garments that I order, and I buy many things from this group of companies. From now on I will stick with LLBean. I will also let my friends and family know about this.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I sent a cancellation in time for you to stop my order which you sent anyway like I said in the note it was two small I ordered a XXL and the paints are 42 6 inches too small how do I return this outfit???? I already paid 12.00 and it said free shipping with 25.00 purchases, now I have to pay another 9.00 to ship it back to you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Advice to the readers, please don't trust the review on the merchandise on Blair's website. They screen the customer's reviews. If you give a negative review, your review will not post on their website. The merchandises are low on quality, and if you try to return, they will charge you $9.99 for a shirt or pant. And once you place an order, you can not cancel it even within few minutes. This is my experience with this company. I will not recommend anyone to deal with this crook company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Blair sent the wrong size product and didn't reimburse my account, as they agreed to do. The company ended up charging me a shipping fee which was more expensive than the actual product. Poor business practices.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I bought a winter coat, and it was way too big. I am in the process of shipping it back, but I am being charged a $9.99 fee to do so. I already paid over $17.00 to have it shipped to me. I e-mailed Blair, and asked that they waive the $9.99: they will not. When all is said and done, I will be out over $27.00 with nothing to show for it after the return is complete. Buyer beware.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Blair.com website will not let you click on any of the items listed, sizes or colors. Their webpage has major difficulty loading, it just sits there and spins and spins. It's just crazy. How can you order an item if the webpage is screwed up. It's really aggravating. I've reported it before but it continues to be a hassle. Therefore I refuse to order from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Order # **. Order date 12/11/2018. Total $29.98 and a separate charge $1.99 sales tax. I sent you an email that said Minnesota does NOT charge sales tax on clothing, I'm waiting for that credit on my Visa card. Now I see another charge $14.97 dated 1/10/2019. I did NOT order anything beyond the original order dated 12/11/2018. So NOW please refund my $14.97 that was erroneously billed to my Visa. Total owed me $ 16.96. The merchandise was fine, just the extra charges that are a problem.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I received my first order from Blair yesterday. Unfortunately the Jacket was not as nice in person as it was shown on the internet. I could get by with that, what I could not get by with was the incorrect sizing. As per Blair's sizing Chart I should have taken an X-Large. My jackets at home are all a size medium and are a little tight so I went with a Large even though according to Blair's size chart I should be ordering an X-Large. When receiving the large it was gigantic on me. So the sizing on the chart was not true to size.

In returning the item even though it was Blair's fault for the return I will be charged a $10.00 fee against my return price for return shipping. Very disappointed with Blair and their policy. I can only hope my second purchase is not as disappointing as my first, still waiting for it. Needless to say I will probably not be a Blair customer in the future. PS: Due to me posting my opinion about this company on Facebook they have blocked me and I am unable to give my review on there anymore. I guess that is how they handle a dissatisfied customer!

Blair Company Information