1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

142 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Blair's return policy is "For products returned in original condition within 60 days of when they were received, refunds will be made in your original form of payment". I placed an order on Oct. 14, 2018 and received the order on Oct. 27, 2018. I mailed the return items on Dec. 16, but they did not complete processing the return until Jan. 2019. After arguing with the Customer Service that I should receive a refund to my credit card, not a merchandise credit, they actually looked up the date they received the return (Dec. 24, 2018) and still refused to credit my credit card. Even using the period Oct. 27 - Dec. 24th I am still with the 60 days. They say their policy is from the shipping date not the customer's receipt date even though their own return policy states PRODUCTS RETURNED IN ORIGINAL CONDITION WITHIN 60 DAY OF WHEN THEY WERE RECEIVED.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Haband keeps harassing me about owing them money. I want everybody to know what they did to me and I am not sending them another penny. I will start by saying on June 7, 2018 I called their automated system and it gave me the balance of $23.20. When I received my statement for July the same balance was on my statement $23.20. I ordered some lamps for %9.99 after, adding their taxes it came to $15.99. This leave me owing them a balance of %39.19.

On August 7, 2018 I called their automated system and it gave me a balance of $25.20. When I received my statement for August it gave me the same amount of $25.20. I sent them a payment of $20.00. They went crazy and started sending me all kind of figures with different amounts. The full balance of my account was $63.48 altogether, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, of knowing what I owed them. On August 31, 2018 I sent them another $22.00.

They were trying to confuse me by sending me those different figures trying to make me pay them more money because I owed them a small amount of money and they were trying to get more money from me. Now, I already paid them a total of $44.00. They continues to harass me and they turns me over to collection. They just kept on sending me different statements with all kind of charges. I took it upon myself and sent them a personal check in the amount of $5.20.

The reason why I did this is because I thought about the last statement that, they sent me for $25.20 and I sent them $22.00 I didn't owe them nothing. I just did it anyway this was because of the last statement for $25.20 actually, I owed them $3.20 but, I gave them an extra $2.00 to make sure that the bill was over covered. The thing about this if I owed them $39.19 in total and paid them $49.20. Wouldn't this look like to you that I overpaid them of course but, like I said I give people the benefit of the doubt or, would it look like I covered more than what I owed them.

I want to say that these creditors have a problem of trying to rob people for money and they need to stop their act because people are not going to let them keep doing this to them and getting away with this. Haband has a bad problem of doing this to people. This is the 3rd time they did this to me. If you purchase a small order with them. They will wait until, you get to the second or third payment and they will start playing games with you and overcharging your account to keep you paying them.

But, my theory is they will not get any more money out of me no more than what I owe them or, if I would be a fool and give them some more and that will never work. One thing I can say about my self. I will give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes trying to satisfy them and I did this for Haband and they did not appreciate it. But now, I'm going to make it loud and clear to them. I am not going to send you any more money. You can turn it over to whoever, you like to or, you can stick it up your. You know what.

And this I mean with all my might. The reason why they keep picking on me is because I made them close the account I had to close it with them and this is because I had no choice but, to close it because they kept adding all kind of charges to my account. I thought at one time that businesses wanted to keep their customers and keep them satisfied. But in a situation like Haband they are running their customers away and there is a lady there name Mary **. I believe that she is the root of all the evil that, they have going on there.

I do know that I was a loyal customer to them, and now I want them to know that I will never do business with them again because of their stupid foolishness and the way that they behaved with me. I can care less if they slam the doors in your face. I wish you well throughout your endeavors and the way that you are doing people. You will never reach your goals. I am not through. Go ahead and make my day.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I've purchased several articles of clothing from Blair. Their catalogs and website are so enticing, especially when they have sales. Unfortunately, their website and catalogs do not accurately reflect the clothing size. Although they readily accept merchandise returns, customers lose the shipping cost each time. After complaining that their merchandise was being returned solely because their sizing charts were grossly incorrect, I was told that a customer who uses their return label will be incurring the 9.99 shipping cost. When explaining to customer service that I would have been keeping the items had they been reflective of their advertising, they simply repeated their company's return mantra. It is unfortunate that this is how they treat their customers. I won't be shopping with any of the Blair companies again. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased two pair of pajamas for my father for Christmas. When they arrived I learned they were polyester rather than cotton or even cotton/polyester so I returned them. Not only was I charged for shipping the items back, I was charged a restocking fee. In other words, my refund was half of what I originally paid them. I will never purchase anything from this store again!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I originally ordered one pair of flat front jeans and one sweatshirt. Not thirty minutes later I noticed I ordered the wrong size. I called customer “service” and thought I had it straight. No, they sent TWO sweatshirts and no jeans. Then when I tried to order the jeans separately, my half off purchase was full price. I sent one sweatshirt back and got only a $9.55 refund due to shipping. Why do I have to pay for their error? Why was shipping only $5.99 coming to me, but four more dollars going back? And lastly, why did they not honor the half price offer? As much as I like the jeans and sweatshirt, I will NEVER order from them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

This was my first time ordering from Appleseed's/Blair. The jacket I ordered was very nice, but it was too large (I usually wear petite medium, but this ran more like a large). I would have been happy to exchange the jacket for a smaller size, but they charge you $9.99 to mail back the item, regardless of whether you are exchanging or returning. So why would I let them keep my money by exchanging when they have already charged me $10 more than what the original item cost? I will not be business with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I can't believe it. I've been very unhappy with Blair and decided to just cancel their card altogether. Only used it a couple of times and have no outstanding balance with Blair. I emailed them to cancel the card and receive a response that stated I needed to make my payment before they could cancel the card. I thought that was kind of strange as I've had a zero balance for months so clicked on the link provided in the email... What a shock to find out that I would have to pay them $30 to cancel my card. As far as I'm concerned that is totally unprofessional and highly unethical.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This was my first time using Blair. I ordered a cream colored V neck sweater, which looked lovely in the photo. Medium always fits me perfectly in a sweater. When it arrived, it was at least a large, perhaps extra large, although the tag said medium. I filled out their exchange form, and asked for a small. This company will not do an even exchange, even when the item is sized wrong, as mine was. They put the money back on your credit card, but subtract $10.00 for their fee. Upon calling customer service, they would do nothing to help. First and LAST time I will ever order from Blair. Order at your own risk. You have been warned.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I order several items from a Black Friday 50% off sale, but paid $15 For shipping. The very next day, before my items even shipped out, there was a free shipping deal for the same 50% off sale. I called to ask to get the free shipping and was told I could not. Because my order was "in process", The company wouldn't even let me cancel it. VERY poor way to do business!!! I CANNOT think of ONE company that will not make good on a sale price after the fact. Never buying from them again!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I purchased 3 pair of jeans on 11/8. They were too big and I shipped them back as an exchange. They refunded me for the order and charged me 9.99 for shipping. Their policy is free shipping for exchanges and 9.99 shipping for returns. Called customer service. Rude, poor communication and lack of interest. I ended up canceling the exchange order and told her I won't be doing business with them anymore. She sounded unaffected. Don't see them staying in business long. It's a scam company. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

They charge $10 for returns. The jog suits are low quality. I had to send back items twice and both times they assured me it was no charge to ship back. When they refunded me, they took 10 dollars for shipping both times. I called to complain and they were rude and did not care. Their clothing feels so shoddy and cheaply made with cheap materials yet they charge an arm and a leg for them. Save your money. Their clothes are majorly oversized as well, likely so you will send them back and they can steal your 10 dollars. I will NEVER order garbage from this scam company again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I ordered some pants for my elderly mother and they were too small. I figured I needed to go from misses to women's sizes but wanted them as short as possible. The size chart was not clear on how the size and length considerations overlap. I called the company for more information, and ordered what I thought would fit my mother. The second pair of pants were not right either and I ended up feeling that the sizing guidelines were very confusing. I asked the company if they would pay for the return shipping on the second batch based on the ambiguity. That request was denied in an ungracious manner. The customer service rep and her supervisor seemed not to care at all, and they were spectacularly unhelpful. I will not order from this company again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I ordered clothes from Blair but I did not sign up for Blair VIP. Two months later there was a charge from Blair VIP on my credit card statement. In two calls to Blair four different Blair employees told me I had no account with them and there was no record of the charge. (And why did they ask for my social security number?) My bank investigated and said it was a recurring charge for the Blair VIP program that I never signed up for. Several angry emails to Blair before they agreed to refund the charge. I hope they do. From other reviews it seems that it is Blair company policy to sign people unawares for this recurring charge.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I was late a day or two on my Blair Card payment and I paid $22.49, which was the total amount of my bill, and they charged me $22.49 for the late fee + $1 interest! Quite frankly, I think that is ridiculous! I have accounts with Mastercard and Visa and I have a much higher balance on those cards than I did with the Blair Card, and their late fee is $27! This is the first time I've ever had a late fee with Blair, and I've been a customer of theirs for nearly 20 years! I feel like they're ripping me off with the late fee amount! If this is how they treat their loyal customers, I don't understand it!

They upset me tremendously back in February with how they mishandled my order, and I thought I would give them another chance, but now I'm not so sure of even shopping with them anymore. If I do, I will NOT be using the Blair Card ever again. This should be illegal that they can get away with charging such an astronomical late fee for such a minuscule balance! I noticed online that Blair filed for bankruptcy in recent years, so I'm not surprised that they're resorting to these underhanded tactics. Perhaps this is why they filed for bankruptcy in the past-- customers got fed up with the dishonest way they were treated! Finally, I would urge Blair shoppers to forego getting a Blair Card! It would save you the headache and stress of dealing with their criminal activities!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered four items online from Blair but when I placed the order, I did not get an immediate confirmation so I pressed place order again. I ended up with 3 duplicate orders. My husband has had both legs amputated so the duplicate orders missed my attention. I did send the two duplicate orders back and pointed out that their inefficient website was the cause of duplicate orders. Now I got an email offering a credit from them FROM BLAIR AND NOT THE CREDIT CARD I USED TO PAY FOR THE ORDER. I do not want a merchandise credit. My husband has had both legs amputated and is not likely to need fashionable clothes to go to dialysis. Here is your published policy:

"Our Return & Exchange Policy. We'll gladly provide an exchange or refund your purchase price (excluding discounts, and any shipping and handling charges) for items returned in their original condition within 180 days after you receive them. For products returned in original condition within 60 days of when they were received, refunds will be made in your original form of payment equal to your original purchase price (excluding discounts, and any shipping and handling charges)." They will only offer a Blair credit. I want a refund!! My amputee husband isn't likely to need new clothes for dialysis. I am disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Shame on Blair for taking unfair advantage of people with their "VIP Plus" program. Somehow they signed me/my mom up for the program and begin taking $14.95 out of 92-year old mother's account monthly without my knowledge or consent. Now, maybe there was a box checked somewhere on my online order in small print that I should have unchecked, but for something like this, it needs to be in plain print and something I choose - not them choosing for me. I'm so disgusted with this company and this low-handed tactic. After several calls to several different phone numbers, I talked to a kind young man and he removed me from "VIP Plus" and supposedly credited my mom's account with the three/four months of payments. Just beware of this company and their deceitful practices.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Blair is not the same as they once were. They used to have accurate sizing and caring customer care. My recent order was for 3 items. Two pair of Moccasins (they are the only place that sells this style). I ordered both in 7 MED, one was a Claret Red, the other in Bronze. The bronze had 2 black smudges inside and a stitching err, clearly visible. The red pair simply so wide I walk out of them. Chambray top is GRAY, NOT BLUE, by their chart I would need a SMALL, I ordered a Medium, the sleeves are too snug...100% cotton, no way could I risk drying this item in the dryer.

ALL 3 will be returned, I will be charged automatically $9.99 for return shipping, with their lack of quality today, I wonder if I should risk re-ordering the mocs? Last year, because of a coat being mislabeled, they would never admit the coat was mislabeled and it was. I wanted it bad enough I hung in there, paying shipping fees and return fees. A customer is helpless dealing with Blair. Date of order 9/13/2018.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

This company tricks its customers into signing up for a VIP club for a 10% discount on future purchases and then they charge you $14.95 per month for life! Unless you purchase massive amounts of clothing from these people, who in their right mind would sign up for this subscription? I don't even remember signing up for VIP subscription and others have complained that they never signed up, only made a purchase and were automatically signed up. There is no clear disclosure stating you will be charged every single month and no follow up emails stating you have enrolled to be charged $14.95.

In fact, I did not even have a password when I tried to log onto VIP section in order to cancel this subscription. It is really hard to cancel online and waiting times for customer service calls is really long and you often get disconnected. I've had to cancel my cc, heeding advice from numerous complaints I found online that people cancel but still keep getting charged. There needs to be a class action suit against these people. I will never purchase another item from this company ever again!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

In July, 2018 I ordered a two piece capri outfit. When I received it, it was entirely the wrong size from what I originally ordered. I sent it back on the same day and requested they send it to me in the correct size. It is now August 25 and still have not received my order. I will be contacting my credit card company to reverse the charges and will NEVER deal with Blair again. This is not my first issue with them but it is MY LAST.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I ordered two pair of pants for an elderly friend. The shipment came claiming there were two pair of pants in the bag. There actually was only one pair in the bag. I contacted Blair and they told me the pants were out of stock and they would issue a credit. It was then my responsibility to pay shipping for a second pair of pants. I asked for them to ship a replacement with free shipping. They told me they could not honor this request and suggested that I join their e-mail club and maybe there would be a free shipping offer if I did so. I find this very poor service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Blair uses UPS for shipping. I asked and paid for shipping to my Florida address. UPS transferred to package to US Post Office... my first class mail is being forward my summertime address. So, my Blair package ended up being forwarded to summer address. Then US Post Office wanted $12.60 more in shipping fees for the package. I refused. I called Blair customer service and they would NOT help.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Recently I ordered some shoes from Blair and when I received them they were way too small considering my shoe size so I sent them back, paying the $10 return fee. Originally they gave me a special promo code to get the sale price but when I received my credit card statement, they had charged the original full price. They should have credited the amount I paid but charged me not only the more expensive price but also the shipping fees for both sending and returning my shoes so I received about a $2.00 refund. I called to complain but they said they have the right to charge for shipping both ways. Needless to say, I am out my money but will never do business with Blair or their "umbrella" companies again. A total rip off for the customer. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Never again. Gave them a chance after ordering shoes several times and thought I would expand order to include other things. Now see my report below that I have NEVER received a response to. BLAIR/HABAND PROBLEMS. I am outlining the problems so you can see what has happened and adjust as necessary so that I can get all removed from my account. I have ordered shoes and some pants the last few years but never from Haband and not with your accounting I am being asked to pay almost twice the price amount than I purchased. I will outline the problems below. PINTUCK FLANNEL PAJAMA B18256 - $0. PINTUCK FLANNEL PAJAMA B18256 - $0. Both of these items were exchanged for a 3x. Received both and payment was made with my VISA card... not Blair.

FLORAL WOVEN GOWN H1G01 - $12.35. BELL SLEEVED BLOUSE BC115 - $16.25. PRINTED VELOUR 2 B6903 - $15.00. These 3 items returned for exchange and received 3X replacements. LACE TRIM TIE DYE BTC12 - $0 never received. This items has never been received and still invoiced. SCHOLLS SNEAKERS - $25.00. Correct item. Now invoice shows $27.00 late fee... Why??? Still did not have everything. Balance of $133.78. Please explain... $91.25 in actual merchandise.

I paid Comenity Capital $50.00 already to avoid any further late charges. I believe you need to adjust original late charge and interest and I will close out account and cancel Blair Credit Card. Do not need/ All of the above do not include what I paid for VIP membership that I do not want and did not understand the system I am afraid. I will never be ordering on a monthly basis as I am retired and living on a fixed income. I just wish I had canceled immediately. Your response and adjustments would be appreciated. Have never had a response.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Ordered several items and returned them because all were a different length than stated. They only credited me for one pair of pants returned when I returned two. I have spent 7 hours talking to customer service and they still have not credited me for the second pair of pants. They can't seem to tell the difference between one and two. They will not listen, they hang up on you and every time you have to go over the same thing. They are so disorganized that they have no idea what they are doing. I cannot understand how this company is in business. As I told them -- there is nothing I could ever want or need enough to order from them again! EVER! And beware -- there are a number of other companies under the Blair umbrella -- and they are the same amount of awful.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Ordered a $40 item in November 2017 for my mother. She passed away in January without ever having worn the item. Contacted Blair Customer Service for return instructions in March. They indicated I was eligible for merchandise credit only. I received the credit certificate in an amount of $21. I ordered an item costing $17.99 which had to be returned for incorrect sizing, requesting an exchange. They reported back that it would now cost me another $9 if I wanted to receive the correct sized item. I was enraged. I've gone from paying $40 for items returned to them. Blair's policies for return items --- unlike any I have ever experienced in my life and I am a senior citizen-- ensure that I will never purchase from them again and will warn anyone else about their nefarious policies. They should be put out of business.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I was treated well by the customer service rep on a very bad experience of the terrible shipping service the company offers. First of all, the company offers very limited and expensive shipping alternatives. The complicated system, made me responsible of confirming shipment after the order was placed and my card was charged, based on an email I never received. When I made mention of never receiving the email, the company never apologized for the miscommunication but kept my money. The order was never delivered and since then all the company responses to my emails blame me for the shipping problems. I had to call twice to get the charge refunded. Very disappointed and frustrated. And my mother never got her Mother's Day gift on time.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Purchased 2 pairs of jeans, they were on back order for a month, so I got frustrated and contacted their customer to cancel the order, they refused and eventually shipped anyway. When I recieved them I immediately returned. A week later they only gave a partial return.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Got a shower head and for 40 dollars it was flimsy cheap material. Not metal. Similar to standard shower heads. Soon as I attached it, it snapped in 2. Get this. Took a month and constant calls, messages, emails, more calls and concern. After a month I wouldn't be able to return it and be stuck with it. The company that actually made and shipped the item DOESN'T HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO UPHOLD TO THEIR POLICY.

Return procedure was to call a number which results in a voicemail every time. No call back, I called again, then called Haband customer service who said they'd email the co telling them to email me the label. Instead they offered to send replacement part BUT ONLY AFTER Ii TOOK A FREAKING PHOTO OF IT AND SENT IT. I called refusing to, then was promised label would be mailed. No label, now I'm mad!!! I said I was entitled to return it, demanded service. Still no reply. I was refunded my money but not told. The co tried every way to not refund it to me knowing it was a damaged item. Pay attention to orders and charges and procedures.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My 81 year old mother has been trying for 6 months to close out her credit account with Blair. In February, while visiting my mother in New York, we sat down together and called Blair, attempting to get about $150 in late fees (on a zero balance) removed from her account. My mother had purchased something from Blair and later returned it. The credit was applied but late fees have bee accumulating on the account ever since. The representative finally agreed to remove all late charges but a day later, yet ANOTHER late fee (on a zero balance) appeared.

My mother cannot hear very well, and found the offshore customer service reps impossible to understand. She put together her credit card statements and Blair statements and sent them to me. I called today, attempting to get the $32 late fee (did I mention this late fee was applied to a zero balance) and was greeted with "oh, we need her on the phone". Passed to a manager, I explained that I had a reference call from a previous call where all identities were verified, I had the name of the rep that I previously spoke with and they refused to even look at the account.

I explained that it was fine, they did not have to share any information, that I had it in hand already, but that there was obviously an account error and could someone please review it. The automaton refused to even refer the account to someone for review. I explained to them that I believe Blair is a company whose business model is built around preying on the elderly and that they disgusted me. In addition to posting here I plan on filing a complaint with the New York Consumer Protection Agency and the Better Business Bureau. I am not a lawyer, or expert in consumer law but I believe their behavior is tantamount to fraud.

Updated on 06/27/2018: My elderly mother made the mistake of opening a credit card account with this company to make a purchase. The merchandise was crap, she returned it, they credited the return. Over the last year or so, they continued to rack up "late fees" on the zero balance account to the tune of $176.18. After 3 calls of 30 minutes each, the first assuring me that the matter was resolved, the second they wouldn't talk to me even though I had previously been authorized on the account, and the third just now, I HOPE this account has been finally closed. We'll see in a month whether they deliver a bill of $200+ or a statement of account closing. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I am so disappointed in Blair. Here's a company that has been around for a long time and it has sold out its Customer Service to some foreign country where they hire robots who read scripts and don't have a clue how to listen. I am done ordering from this company and wasting precious time having to call 5 and 6 times to get things straightened out because these Stepford CSR's are too busy chatting away their script instead of listening to your issue. They give you a code for free shipping then explain you can either order by phone or online but online won't take the code. OK? So then you get to do their job by reading off every number and code and description and price hoping they get it right. Amazing how fast a good company can go down in integrity just by refusing to pay for good help. My advice is sell your products overseas and leave Americans to real American companies.

Blair Company Information