Blair

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered 3 pair Capris. A few days later, I received an email stating 2 of the 3 Capris were out of stock. I replied to that email asking them to cancel the entire order since 2/3 was not in stock. Blair Customer Service reply stated they couldn't cancel the order since shipping was sent out soon after order. However, I did not receive an email stating the item had shipped for several days after that reply. Finally, at what I would consider a longer than usual shipping time nowadays, I received a pair of shorts, not Capris!

So, again I emailed customer service asking for direction regarding how to return the "wrong item shipped." I felt that I should not be charged $9.99 return fee when it was their mistake. The reply I received stated to send back using prepaid return label and they would decide after receiving the item if the return fee could be waived. Let me say, there is NO WAY I am going to trust Blair to waive the $9.99 return fee despite the fact it is their mistake, not mine. I have shopped Blair online for YEARS! Liked the clothing, liked reasonable shipping time, liked receptive and helpful customer service. Today's Blair - horrible!!! What happened?

On April 24, 2017 I mailed two women's tops back to Blair as they were way, way too big. I went by the size chart in the Blair catalog but the size information given was incorrect. I called Blair today 5-1-2017 to check on my return and to find out when I would receive the tops in size Small. I was told by Diane that my returns had been received on May 27th and the return would be processed in 2-3 weeks and the new shipment would be sent in 4-8 days after that, making the whole process to take 1 month! I told Diane that this was unacceptable and that the tops would be out of season by then, she said sorry but there was nothing she could do about it.

I asked to speak to a manager and a Ms. or Mrs. ** came on the line. She asked how she could help and I explained the problem and again I was given a "sorry" but that was how long it would take and she could do nothing to expedite my order. I asked why it would take so long and Ms. or Mrs. ** stated that it took that long it took and that was that and she could not help. I asked to speak to her manager and Ms. or Mrs. ** said she did not have one and she then HUNG UP on me. The total lack of customer service was appalling.

When I ordered an item, they convinced me to sign up with some card that would save me money on my initial purchase, plus save me money at other stores as well. I went for it. After almost a month, when I had not received the item, I called them. They said it had been returned (not by me)??? So now I am without the item, plus I got charged for the stupid card that was supposed to save me money in the first place. HUH? I think this place is a scam. I tried to cancel the card and they said I would have to call another number, and they weren't (of course) opened today. I have a feeling my nightmare has just begun with this company.

I placed an order on March 14, 2017 on BLAIR.com, (order #**) and at this date never received the merchandise. The BLAIR.com customer service says they cannot help. They asked me to call USPS and investigate. They first use UPS (**) who then deliver to USPS and then USPS has to pick up from there. BUT USPS never delivered the package to me? SO where is it? I asked for a refund. They asked me to wait another 30 calendar days, but in fact they GUARANTEE delivery within 4 to 8 business days. The customer service wants me to do the investigation with USPS which she said is my responsibility.

Her name is Barbara, and when I asked to talk to her supervisor she replied, “She is busy and cannot talk to you.” WHAT USA law says that they have to make me wait 30 calendars days before cancelling my order. ALSO, why they are asking me to call USPS and myself do the investigation? So conclusion. If you place an order with BLAIR they CANNOT guarantee they will make sure you will receive the merchandise. According to their customer service (Barbara) it is up to the customer to manage the delivery service.

Bought a parka coat for my husband. Zipper broke. Requested to change for another. Second coat the arm was ripped. So I called to request my money back. They want to give me a credit receipt and a gift card. I just want my money back plus they were charging me two coats so I closed my account there. Customer service is horrible and I would have accepted the gift offered but their merchandise was very poor and the two coats were damaged so I did want anything else from them. They just want me to buy again and return the gifts??? The manager of the credit card helped with the issue of the credit card but Blair owes me money. I had already paid about $50 or more for the first purchase and from $75.00 they were charging $120.00 so I just want whatever they owe me in a check not in credit. I don't want anything from them. Bad bad bad?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

I purchased from Blair a $25 Item. Turned into a $14.97 membership I never noticed. Then a Collection on my Credit Bureau for a second purchase I paid with a personal CC. They transferred to an account I never asked or knew about... a $20 item turned into $140 with penalties. STAY AWAY!!! Scam.

I made a purchase with HABAND/Blair both advertising the same item I ordered using the current benefit of free +20% discount. The order should have come under that free shipping order but the check-out showed none. I contacted Blair & their associate, Haband, but told they only allow one promotion code per order. The shipping charges should have been the best one, yet that did not appear. Then I had Credit Certificates, but no place to enter the number.

They stated that "If you have a gift card or merchandise credit certificates, you can enter the numbers listed in the payment section of checkout in the box stating redeem gift card, reward certificate or merchandise credit certificate." I reviewed those pages at least 3 times and could still not find any mention of the above access you stated. This has been going on for some time when I made purchases in the past as was unable to find a place to use them, even though they said that they don't expire.

They deducted $10.00 from my credit card under the pretense that they were giving me a matching gift of $10.00 each on of these without my consent. Their gift had an expiration date, but mine did not. Sarcastically, I went back online to their site where I could check the value of the credits I should have, totaling 8. The six numbers all return with message "Insufficient Funds" or please enter valid gift code.The last two stated they were good. Oddly enough, they are the ones of lesser value.

They went ahead and delivered my order with NONE of the benefits or use of my own $10.00 gift cards. This is a miserable waste of my time and money for a company that is supposed to be a reputable old company. My impression is that they are Fraudulent, Misleading, Dishonest, Crooks. They should be put out of business by a class action suit. Anyone want to try??

I ordered a rug for my mom on November 6th. At that time (and the confirmation email) I was told that it would ship within 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks I contacted Blair.com and was told that it was back ordered. Specifics aren't really that important. I have contacted this company at least 10 times with NO LUCK. It's been 2 months, no rug. A manager was supposed to call me several times and never did. This has been the worst online shopping experience of my life.

I never signed up for the vip account and now they are charging me. I will have to get a new cc number to stop this. Also they never delivered my item. I turned this over to the attorney general in my state.

I'm so mad and disgusted by the way some companies prey on the elderly. My mother got sick about two years ago and was undergoing treatment for cancer. While she was home she received a Blair CC. Never missed a payment until her sickness came back. As I was going over her finances I noticed this cc so I said "why do you have this? You can't afford it." We called and paid the Bal and was told the account is now closed!!! BUT wait it wasn't. We never was told about the VIP and the account assure. "What is this?" I asked. "We can't close this. You need to call them." So we called and had them (both) closed. BUT WAIT they took a month before they got around to it. So we got billed the mo. charge of $14.95 on the account we closed a month ago.

BUT Wait it's more. Also we got charged a late fee on the VIP bill that we never knew we had because we thought we closed this account. Now today I called (11/17/16) and talked to BLAIR, to the supervisor MARIA - told me she was not clearing this account and I had to pay the Balance of $32.57 to be set free of this account. This was and is Total BS. We were told one thing and not another and now we owe them more money. STAY AWAY FROM companies LIKE THIS. They are only in it to keep you in debt to them. So I'm out $32.57.

I did not authorize Blair for a VIP membership but just placed a one-time charge and they added the VIP; which I immediately advised them I do not want; they have done this in the past and it is a scam... When ordering they add on this additional bogus membership. I have just discovered that they have been charging me for a year now! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Very difficult to stop them from charging a VIP membership to your card.

Beware of Blair. My husband used my account to order some Christmas presents for me. He is 81. In the process he was offered a discount coupon. He checked yes and inadvertently signed up for a VIP club which charges $14.97 a month. When the charges came in each month, he paid the amount. At one point he asked me what I was buying for $14.97 each month. I checked the account, found out what had happened and called Blair to cancel the VIP membership. They assured me it was taken care of.

Now I am receiving a bill for balances on the account plus late fees and interest from the bank which handles their credit card service. My new bill $68.88. Three phone calls later, shifted from one department to another (one of whom verified the account had been closed but there was nothing else that could be done about the fees), and finally to the bank. I was offered a $10.00 reduction of the bill and a $5.00 coupon for my next purchase, if I buy before July 4. Are they insane? I am infuriated. I will never buy another item from Blair or any of their associated companies.

This review also includes the credit card company that Blair hoodwinks the elderly into applying for. Someone with a thick East Indian accent, an agent from Blair, called my old, crippled Granny late one night and easily talked her into placing an order and opening up a credit card with Comenity Bank. She paid the bill for 117.00 as soon as it came. A fleece sweater was huge. We returned it for $9.99. Then they somehow counted that returned item as unpaid. They billed her every month for the jacket with a late charge and finance charge. I came upon the bill today and she said she couldn't make sense out of it.

I called the Comenity bank and sharply explained there was something fishy with this bill. After much insistence they agreed to only charge my Granny for the shipping fee of this mystery jacket. I agreed to this only because I wanted to be rid of them. We then promptly closed this credit card that was opened only because they preyed on a little old lady. This is financial exploitation of the elderly in my opinion. STAY AWAY FROM BLAIR AND COMENITY BANK.

First they overcharged my account. When called they state, "That's to make sure your account can take the amount needed." WHAT, why not just deduct the exact amount needed. Second, I ordered 3 pants. 2 were OK, but one was 3" smaller than the others. When I called, I was told "no problem send them back and your account will be refunded minus the $ 9.99 shipping fee." I said "a bad or missewn product. If YOUR fault why should I be penalized." I was told "that is our policy." BUYER BEWARE, NEVER AGAIN. You keep sending the weekly magazines, my bird loves them to poo on.

I received my order in two parts. That was Ok. But I had to return one of the items right away and was waiting for an acknowledgement of receipt and credit to account before making a payment and I was charged a late fee of 27.00, plus 2.00, for something else and a restocking fee of. My previous bill was 71.48 before the return. After the return 101.97 even after the return. Never will order from this catalog again.

On 3/11/16, I ordered three screen printed T-shirts from Blair through their catalog for women. When I got them, one of them, which was supposed to be "Dragonfly Yellow," didn't look anything like the picture in the book, although when I called them they confirmed that what they sent me was "Dragonfly Yellow," meaning that there was no way I could get the T-shirt pictured in the catalog. I arranged with the customer service person, Karen, that I could make the exchange for a different color (pistachio/flowers) without the restocking fee, since the error was Blair's. BUT today (3/14/16), I find that they have charged my card an additional 13.99. I'm still waiting for the T-shirt.

I went to order some items from Blair. In one email they told me that shipping was free for any order over $50; so I ordered two items to shove the total over $50. Then I get another email that said shipping was free on my first order. They charged the shipping!

Highly disappointed with BLAIR. I purchased a dress for $26.99 totaling $39.94 with tax and shipping. The dress was too big, so I returned it on 3/09/16. On 3/30/16 they refunded $19.16. The customer service lady stated the cost of shipping is taken away from the original cost of the dress, instead of from the total cost I actually paid them. Be clearly aware of the return policy and you're lost before you return anything.

My mother-in-law ordered an item from Blair last July. Paid for the item on her debit card as she always does. In January of this year was helping her to straighten thing up and noticed a bill from Blair. She said that they were billing her for an item that was already paid for. I checked her bank statement and the charge was taken out that same day for the payment. My mother-in-law is 87 years old. I call Comenity Bank and was told to send them proof that the payment was made. So we wrote them a letter and sent them a copy of the bank statement. Then we received a letter stating that it was too late to do anything about because she had not responded within 60 days according to their credit rules.

My mother-in-law has not signed up for credit from Blair and somehow or another they have now responded with two different accounts on their correspondence. They put the last 4 digits of the account with their correspondence. When contacting Blair about this matter they say one of the accounts was closed in the same month that the new account was opened. I have NO idea how to clear this up. I called the attorney general’s office in Ohio and they say they can't do anything because it deals with a federal bank and I need to go through the FDIC. THE BILL IS NOW OVER $300.00 which I will not let her pay because the item was already paid for and we have the proof. Any help to clear up this matter would be appreciated.

I order a tanking bottom piece for 24.99 but due to all my inconvenience due to their errors, they offered it for 19.99. BUT when I went to my online banking I seen they took out of MY account 24.99 and 19.99 AND 16.00 ALL FOR THAT one item. So a 19.99 item is now costing me 66.00$, and I spent hours on the phone with managers who said they can't help me... wth???

I ordered a pair of pants on 12/9. Returned to them for they sent me the wrong pants. Called them today 1/8 to check on status of exchange of pants. Agent told me the pants were mailed to me yesterday. I coincidently checked my transactions and balance on my checking account right after, I noticed Blair had given me a credit for the pants I had purchased as well as a charge I didn't recognize had been charged to my account on 1/6 in the amount of $ 30.98.

The bank informed me to where this charge was made. I immediately looked this store up online & saw that they accepted Blair credit cards. So I put two & two together. Blair charged something on the 6th, supposedly the pants were sent to me on the 7th. They did not tell me that a credit was given to my account yesterday. Luckily something told me to check my checkbook today after speaking with Blair's agent. So yes, I am now inconvenienced like others having another debit card reissued. Bottom line they charged something on the 6th & gave me the credit the next day. How convenient was that!

I am going to stop, after many many years, of doing business with BLAIR. They have gone down hill!! When a customer service call has to be "re-routed" to the Philippines, then you know something is going on! This has been happening recently and I am not happy about it! They are starting to be a real ripoff! Wrong products, junky products, wrong sizing on junk "imported"... Horrible customer service, horrible shipping charges, not taking off the certificates and promotion codes and on and on! I am done with you Blair!

I bought my mother a gift card from their website. I was not charged for the gift card, yet I did receive a confirmation email on my purchase... then 3 days later there were several fraudulent purchase attempts on my CC. I had not bought anything else in the last several days from anywhere or anyone out of the norm other than Blair. Pretty suspect. My card has been cancelled and I now have to wait for a new one... right before the holidays. Ugh. I would be weary of this company.

I purchased 2 sweaters and they did not fit. So I returned them in the envelope that was provided. I just checked with my credit card company to see if I received the credit. I paid $16.18 for the two sweaters and I received 6.19 credit. When I finally got a person on the phone, I was told... "Oh we charge 9.99 to restock." I told them, this was not told to me, and I guess that shipping was not actually free. What a ripoff. I would like to make a complaint. How dare they charge this amount and not advise you on the return slip.

I am looking at the order summary and NOWHERE does it state we charge you to return. Why would people want to deal with a company that charges you to return if it does not fit. They are a catalog and you cannot view the item before purchasing it. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Oh and I wish I could give 0 stars, but that was NOT an option. I did tell the customer rep that I was going to make a formal complaint to anyone that had ears!!!

Recently found out billing was messed up somehow. I ordered eleven items in four separate orders and some of those items were shipped separately which resulted in separate shipping charges and separate taxes, so the dollar amount I thought I was charging was lower than what they billed me. I like their clothing for my elderly mother but they need to get their billing together or at least give you an accurate total you owe. I don't like surprises. My advice with them is only order one item at a time, otherwise they get confused and check your packing slip and charges!!!

October 2015 - I ordered a pair of men's elastic waist jeans Item #52334 for an elderly relative. When they arrived, they were so big they could have fit an elephant. I paid $24.99 for the pant, $1.70 tax and $8.99 shipping for a total of $35.68 for the jeans. I returned them at my cost. Blair confirmed my return and advised they would credit my credit card. My credit card statement came with the Blair credit of $16.25. I called to ask why the $16.25 credit instead of the $24.99 cost of the jeans minus shipping and tax. Blair representative informed me that they charge a $9.99 re-stocking fee!!! So in total, the jeans I ordered for $24.99 ACTUALLY COST ME $45.67 of which Blair collected... $20.68 OF FREE MONEY. BEWARE OF BLAIR.

I was unaware that I had agreed to this Program! The company cannot provide any evidence except to say that I "agreed" to a 30-day "trial period" and when I didn't cancel, it continued (indefinitely) with a $14.95 monthly charge. I know little about this "program"-- but I had NO INTENTION of paying that monthly charge for the alleged "money saving program!!??" I regret that it took me several months to realize what was happening. My advice: "Don't do business with Blair!"

After several months of an order being back ordered, I received one item and was charged the full shipping for ALL the other items. I then cancelled the remainder of the order and was shipped one of the items anyway and was charged again for returning the item!!! I have asked to be taken off their mailing list and do NOT recommend doing business with them EVER!!!

Order a top in a size using their measurements on their size chart. The top was not just a little on the big side but extremely large and I have very broad shoulders. I returned it requesting an exchange for a smaller size and paid for the return shipping. I just received a refund for the top minus their original shipping fee of $9.99. I was able to return the top thru the post office for $5.70 which included insurance which include a padded envelop which was better than what it come in. It cost me close to $16 to do business with Blair and have nothing to show for it. They have not contacted me to let me know why I received a refund and was not given an exchange. Paypal notified me of my refund. Extremely bad or basically no customer service and total misrepresentation with their size chart.

Stay away. Signed me up for services I did not order - 14.00 a month.. Return items are a joke, rip off on postage, etc.

Blair Company Profile