1.04/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

123 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I ordered two pair of pants for an elderly friend. The shipment came claiming there were two pair of pants in the bag. There actually was only one pair in the bag. I contacted Blair and they told me the pants were out of stock and they would issue a credit. It was then my responsibility to pay shipping for a second pair of pants. I asked for them to ship a replacement with free shipping. They told me they could not honor this request and suggested that I join their e-mail club and maybe there would be a free shipping offer if I did so. I find this very poor service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Blair uses UPS for shipping. I asked and paid for shipping to my Florida address. UPS transferred to package to US Post Office... my first class mail is being forward my summertime address. So, my Blair package ended up being forwarded to summer address. Then US Post Office wanted $12.60 more in shipping fees for the package. I refused. I called Blair customer service and they would NOT help.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Recently I ordered some shoes from Blair and when I received them they were way too small considering my shoe size so I sent them back, paying the $10 return fee. Originally they gave me a special promo code to get the sale price but when I received my credit card statement, they had charged the original full price. They should have credited the amount I paid but charged me not only the more expensive price but also the shipping fees for both sending and returning my shoes so I received about a $2.00 refund. I called to complain but they said they have the right to charge for shipping both ways. Needless to say, I am out my money but will never do business with Blair or their "umbrella" companies again. A total rip off for the customer. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Never again. Gave them a chance after ordering shoes several times and thought I would expand order to include other things. Now see my report below that I have NEVER received a response to. BLAIR/HABAND PROBLEMS. I am outlining the problems so you can see what has happened and adjust as necessary so that I can get all removed from my account. I have ordered shoes and some pants the last few years but never from Haband and not with your accounting I am being asked to pay almost twice the price amount than I purchased. I will outline the problems below. PINTUCK FLANNEL PAJAMA B18256 - $0. PINTUCK FLANNEL PAJAMA B18256 - $0. Both of these items were exchanged for a 3x. Received both and payment was made with my VISA card... not Blair.

FLORAL WOVEN GOWN H1G01 - $12.35. BELL SLEEVED BLOUSE BC115 - $16.25. PRINTED VELOUR 2 B6903 - $15.00. These 3 items returned for exchange and received 3X replacements. LACE TRIM TIE DYE BTC12 - $0 never received. This items has never been received and still invoiced. SCHOLLS SNEAKERS - $25.00. Correct item. Now invoice shows $27.00 late fee... Why??? Still did not have everything. Balance of $133.78. Please explain... $91.25 in actual merchandise.

I paid Comenity Capital $50.00 already to avoid any further late charges. I believe you need to adjust original late charge and interest and I will close out account and cancel Blair Credit Card. Do not need/ All of the above do not include what I paid for VIP membership that I do not want and did not understand the system I am afraid. I will never be ordering on a monthly basis as I am retired and living on a fixed income. I just wish I had canceled immediately. Your response and adjustments would be appreciated. Have never had a response.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Ordered several items and returned them because all were a different length than stated. They only credited me for one pair of pants returned when I returned two. I have spent 7 hours talking to customer service and they still have not credited me for the second pair of pants. They can't seem to tell the difference between one and two. They will not listen, they hang up on you and every time you have to go over the same thing. They are so disorganized that they have no idea what they are doing. I cannot understand how this company is in business. As I told them -- there is nothing I could ever want or need enough to order from them again! EVER! And beware -- there are a number of other companies under the Blair umbrella -- and they are the same amount of awful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: May 14, 2018

Ordered a $40 item in November 2017 for my mother. She passed away in January without ever having worn the item. Contacted Blair Customer Service for return instructions in March. They indicated I was eligible for merchandise credit only. I received the credit certificate in an amount of $21. I ordered an item costing $17.99 which had to be returned for incorrect sizing, requesting an exchange. They reported back that it would now cost me another $9 if I wanted to receive the correct sized item. I was enraged. I've gone from paying $40 for items returned to them. Blair's policies for return items --- unlike any I have ever experienced in my life and I am a senior citizen-- ensure that I will never purchase from them again and will warn anyone else about their nefarious policies. They should be put out of business.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I was treated well by the customer service rep on a very bad experience of the terrible shipping service the company offers. First of all, the company offers very limited and expensive shipping alternatives. The complicated system, made me responsible of confirming shipment after the order was placed and my card was charged, based on an email I never received. When I made mention of never receiving the email, the company never apologized for the miscommunication but kept my money. The order was never delivered and since then all the company responses to my emails blame me for the shipping problems. I had to call twice to get the charge refunded. Very disappointed and frustrated. And my mother never got her Mother's Day gift on time.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Purchased 2 pairs of jeans, they were on back order for a month, so I got frustrated and contacted their customer to cancel the order, they refused and eventually shipped anyway. When I recieved them I immediately returned. A week later they only gave a partial return.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Got a shower head and for 40 dollars it was flimsy cheap material. Not metal. Similar to standard shower heads. Soon as I attached it, it snapped in 2. Get this. Took a month and constant calls, messages, emails, more calls and concern. After a month I wouldn't be able to return it and be stuck with it. The company that actually made and shipped the item DOESN'T HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO UPHOLD TO THEIR POLICY.

Return procedure was to call a number which results in a voicemail every time. No call back, I called again, then called Haband customer service who said they'd email the co telling them to email me the label. Instead they offered to send replacement part BUT ONLY AFTER Ii TOOK A FREAKING PHOTO OF IT AND SENT IT. I called refusing to, then was promised label would be mailed. No label, now I'm mad!!! I said I was entitled to return it, demanded service. Still no reply. I was refunded my money but not told. The co tried every way to not refund it to me knowing it was a damaged item. Pay attention to orders and charges and procedures.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My 81 year old mother has been trying for 6 months to close out her credit account with Blair. In February, while visiting my mother in New York, we sat down together and called Blair, attempting to get about $150 in late fees (on a zero balance) removed from her account. My mother had purchased something from Blair and later returned it. The credit was applied but late fees have bee accumulating on the account ever since. The representative finally agreed to remove all late charges but a day later, yet ANOTHER late fee (on a zero balance) appeared.

My mother cannot hear very well, and found the offshore customer service reps impossible to understand. She put together her credit card statements and Blair statements and sent them to me. I called today, attempting to get the $32 late fee (did I mention this late fee was applied to a zero balance) and was greeted with "oh, we need her on the phone". Passed to a manager, I explained that I had a reference call from a previous call where all identities were verified, I had the name of the rep that I previously spoke with and they refused to even look at the account.

I explained that it was fine, they did not have to share any information, that I had it in hand already, but that there was obviously an account error and could someone please review it. The automaton refused to even refer the account to someone for review. I explained to them that I believe Blair is a company whose business model is built around preying on the elderly and that they disgusted me. In addition to posting here I plan on filing a complaint with the New York Consumer Protection Agency and the Better Business Bureau. I am not a lawyer, or expert in consumer law but I believe their behavior is tantamount to fraud.

Updated on 06/27/2018: My elderly mother made the mistake of opening a credit card account with this company to make a purchase. The merchandise was crap, she returned it, they credited the return. Over the last year or so, they continued to rack up "late fees" on the zero balance account to the tune of $176.18. After 3 calls of 30 minutes each, the first assuring me that the matter was resolved, the second they wouldn't talk to me even though I had previously been authorized on the account, and the third just now, I HOPE this account has been finally closed. We'll see in a month whether they deliver a bill of $200+ or a statement of account closing. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I am so disappointed in Blair. Here's a company that has been around for a long time and it has sold out its Customer Service to some foreign country where they hire robots who read scripts and don't have a clue how to listen. I am done ordering from this company and wasting precious time having to call 5 and 6 times to get things straightened out because these Stepford CSR's are too busy chatting away their script instead of listening to your issue. They give you a code for free shipping then explain you can either order by phone or online but online won't take the code. OK? So then you get to do their job by reading off every number and code and description and price hoping they get it right. Amazing how fast a good company can go down in integrity just by refusing to pay for good help. My advice is sell your products overseas and leave Americans to real American companies.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought $14.99 top, send back 3 items, got credit accordingly. Paid $10 for prepaid label for returns. I called customer service to pay off balance of $24.99. To avoid charge of $6.99 for using credit card, I gave her my Checking acc. number and she gave me conf. #. Done deal, right? WRONG. I got statement with remaining balance of $24.99 PLUS $20 fee. Called and was told my check bounced. I said it couldn't because there was money plus I have link to saving account for overdraws. No way - number of calls, proof from my Bank didn't do anything, frustration grew so I paid it feeling very angry. I WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISTAKE THEIR EMPLOYEE MADE. She did transaction for me so why should I pay it? Don't count on company mercy- There isn't one. My $14.99 top cost me $49.99. I am very disappointed customer . BLAIR, you can cross me from your list because you're not going to get from me any sales from now on ever.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Without a doubt, the Blair company has the worse customer service. We were one day late on a payment and was charged a late fee. Because we didn’t get the mail for a month, they charged us another late fee. They would not reverse the late fees. We have cancelled all dealings with this company. Be very leery of their credit card.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have bought 4 pairs of Scandia Woods side elastic men's jeans. I started buying from Blair, because they offer a 28" length. I bought the first two pair 11/01/2017, the second 2 pair 01/25/2018. The first two pair both ripped on the left crotch area, just left of the zipper. These jeans are very baggy and the material is thin. I wrote Blairs and encloses a picture of the tear and all I got back was a copy of their return policy. I decided to try them one more time and bought two more pair in January of this year. Here it is the 1st of April and one pair has already got the same tear as before. There is a photo attached to show where the tear is located.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered a vest and capris from the Blair catalog. When I received the items they were two different shades of stone. They were listed separately in the catalog with the color of the vest and capris both listed as Stone 009. I have ordered them two times now. The first time I was obviously surprised at the difference in color. I called and spoke to a customer service rep and was told she could also see a difference in color, she researched it further and said they were made in two different places, and to send them back. She said she would make note of the difference, and to make sure the color of the items matched. I sent that order back and noted on the invoice that although they were the same color number and name they didn't match. I also noted if they didn't match I did not want to reorder and would like credit to my account - include shipping charges since it wasn't my error.

A day later I received a voicemail from another representative from Blair. Who not so nicely said the reason they were two different colors was that they were listed separately and not as a set. Using the same color code and number... Really?! I don't understand how you can order two items with the very same color name and number and not EXPECT them to match! I received an order yesterday, the color difference is even more pronounced. The capris are a grayish stone color and the vest is more of a yellow stone color...still both packages show the color as 009 Stone. The invoice that accompanied the order had typed on it "Examine color" and "Please check the color on each item, make sure they match" both comments highlighted in pink! I need to have my account credited with both the purchase and shipping. This whole fiasco was caused by Blair and their inability to advertise items correctly.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Last month I ordered an item from the Blair catalog. To pay for that item, I submitted a personal check and a refund check that Blair had sent me in March because an item I had wanted was no longer available. Two weeks later, I received an envelope from Blair that contained the refund check plus a form letter that stated the company cannot process "third-party/outdated..." checks. There was NO order number on the form, NO identifying communication that stated what had happened, so I called Blair. The representative I spoke with could not explain what happened or why the refund check had not been processed - frankly she could not tell me anything at all. She instructed me to return the refund check to the company address with a note that contained a series of numbers she said would ensure that the payment would be properly handled.

I followed her instructions. Then, late last week, I received another note from Blair asking for payment on the order. I called them again, and again was essentially told to wait until they could locate the order/personal check/refund check. So I am waiting... All of this is to say that I will not be ordering from Blair again. I know that they do business as Blair, Haband, Old Pueblo Traders and other names. I do not know if they are a conglomerate, if they recently have changed ownership, or how they train their representatives.

What I do know is that I will not burden them with my patronage any further. I have read the reviews left by others and I absolutely concur with their thoughts. It was especially disturbing to me to read about the family who was trying to deal with demands from Blair that they settle a non-existent, 10-year-old debt. This company or set of companies does not need my business, and their poor assessment on this rating site is evidence of that fact. I doubt that anything will improve on their end, and I would encourage other customers and/or potential customers to spend their money elsewhere.

Updated on 04/03/2018: What I had failed to mention was that I had been a very long-term customer of theirs. After posting my initial review, I called Blair to check on the status of my order and to confirm that the refund check they had mistakenly returned to me would be applied to my pending order along with my personal check. I was very disappointed when I was told by the representative that they never received my personal check.

It was only after I gave them information from my bank that they had already cashed my check that the representative acknowledged it, and even then she sounded confused. I then told her to cancel my pending order and return my monies. That, at least, will solve this issue. I will not order from Blair or any of their affiliated companies again. This was the second time in six months that I had encountered problems with an order I had placed, and it will be the last time. As I mentioned in my initial review, it is unclear to me if this set of companies has changed hands recently and/or undergone some sort of restructuring, but it is clear that quality of service has declined considerably.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My mother ordered some products years ago and paid her bill off completely and now she's getting phone calls from the company, or whoever it's turned over to, stating that she didn't pay her bill in full and I know for a fact that she did. Reason being is because I was the one loading the card for her to send it. We purchased a prepaid Visa just for the purpose of making her payments. I really didn't have a problem with this company and was considering a purchase, but seeing as though she's being accused of not paying her bill in full, I'm really skeptical about it.

This has been YEARS AGO since she ordered products from this company. If she owed any money why was it not settled or mentioned before now (which like I said before...it's been paid in full). This has been over 10+ years ago and it's just now being brought to our attention. Something is not right with this situation and she will not be repaying the monies that she already paid at/around the time of purchase. I just really can't wrap my head around how it's coming about after 10+ years! It's been so long that we no longer have the card. I suggest that when problems like this occur, you need to address it before it turns into 10 years on someone else. I would really appreciate if you will stop calling my mother about this situation. Her name is June **. Please don't let me have to discuss this problem any further again! She is 73 years old and does not need any stressful business like this!!

Original review: March 7, 2018

Purchased a Dell Computer on 12/29/17 for the price of $249.00. Rec'd computer in January 2018. I tried to set it up, but could not. Contacted my Internet Service which is Cox Cable here in Florida and they could not set it up. So the Tech asked me to find the serial number of the computer which I did and low and behold, they are selling used computers or reconditioned computers and you are thinking they are new. The Tech from Cox Cable, verified that the computer was built in 2010. I have made numerous phone calls to return to GCM Tech Support out of Minnesota. No one ever answers the phone, but once in a while they will call back. It took 2 months for me to return the computer to GCM Tech for an authorization. I put the computer on my charge with Comenity Bank which deals with Blair/Haband but still no credit on my account. I keep calling and keep being put off.

I am on a limited income being 71. Plus they are charging me service charges. Customer service is useless. So I contacted State Attorney Pam Bondi's office in Tallahassee and supposedly they sent a letter which they need to respond in 30 days. Haven't heard a thing. Tried calling the company today again, and all you get are voicemails. No one ever calls you back. Contacting Billing, Shipping, Customer Service etc. It is very frustrating! I feel this company is a scam!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had ordered one top for my sister for Christmas, and then I realized after I placed the order that I needed to order a different size for her. I called back 5-10 minutes later and they told me that they would cancel that order and reorder the same top in a different size. Later on, my sister got the canceled top and also got the correct top. Then she returned the canceled top to the Post Office. Recently I received my Blair bill showing that the top WAS returned, but they were charging me for the shipping on the canceled top! I thought this was ridiculous because it was THEIR mistake not to cancel the order, and now they expect me to pay on the shipping + handling and the gift wrap.

When I called the customer service department about this matter, the woman I spoke to was disrespectful and would continuously interrupt me when I was talking and would talk over me. She tried to create an air of confusion in the conversation to jumble my thoughts when I knew EXACTLY what happened! During the call, she put me on hold multiple times when I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she would NEVER connect me to her supervisor! The final time I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me! I have been a faithful customer of Blair for 18 years! This is a horrendous way to treat a loyal customer. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Blair and how they attempt to resolve their mistakes!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

In today's e-commerce world, charging $9.99 for return postage, whether returning or exchanging is ridiculous. I would have exchanged my too-big pants for a smaller size, except -- even with an exchange, the return postage charge still applies. I can go along with a small re-stocking fee on straight up returns, but not return postage. This is not competitive and to me, constitutes poor customer service. I would suggest going elsewhere to get a better exchange and return policy. Note to self: check return policies with new online retailers before ordering and getting ripped off. This policy is not only unfair to Blair's customers, but also endangers the employment of their workforce, as customers will abandon them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company is very rude. I placed an order with Blair this morning. The order did go through but they kept sending me messages that there was a problem with my credit card. There was no problem with it. The charge appeared on my bank account but they were still trying to get me to use another card so they can charge me twice. I called Blair, they claim they couldn't find my order. They are just giving me a runaround. I contacted my bank about this and they told me to wait 24 hours and if I don't hear from the company they will be calling them to get my money back. I was told the order might of went to one of their other companies like Haband. This is a big rip off. I ordered from Blair not Haband. I would not recommend ordering from them especially online. My bank told me to do it over the phone next time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Be aware that this catalog sales company will charge you freight on your order, even though they advertise the opposite. They will also charge you sales tax and claim they have a state presence (Florida in my case). Although, they can’t seem to tell me where they are in FL. Basically, they are the opposite of, let’s say, L.L. Bean (which is outstanding). Very frustrated that I’m paying $9.99 in freight for a $30 order. And, sales tax not only on the product, but on the freight as well!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In September 2017 I purchased Fresh sport shirt and matching sport pants in size medium. They sent me correct size in the shirt which ran large. The pants were sent size large. I sent them back in early October stating that they sent me the wrong pant size. I explained that I am a medium in both shirt and pants. They sent me a medium in November which was very large on me. I sent them back in November and asked for a petite small. I had not heard nor received anything by December 27th. I called and was informed that they were out of this size.

Also that because I had returned the pants Blair deducted $10.00 off of my credit and that I only had $10.00 credit left. I was upset that not only did they not tell me that they were out of stock of these pants, but also they charged me for their mistake. I will no longer order from Blair. My friend also informed me that the clothes she has ordered run large and their sizing is incorrect. Overall---poor clothing quality and poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Horrible horrible company. Ordered a coat in October for my mother for Christmas. Kept tell me was backordered by postcards. Finally received a postcard on December 16 saying it was going to be mailed on December 19. My mother never received the coat. I called the company on December 28. They told me the order was canceled. I call. It took 45 minutes for the customer service representative to find the order. She told me I never placed the order, that no postcard was ever mailed to me. This whole company this is been a nightmare. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

First time ordering from this company... and now the LAST! Ordered 8 Silhouette Slimmers to replace current rayon/polyester work pants. I called reps 3X prior to ordering to get tips on sizing and material quality. I explicitly explained that I was in my 40s and wanted a classic style, easy wear, no iron comfortable pant with deep pockets because we can't bring purses into our work area. I was skeptical of ordering because they charge 9.99 to return shipment. That's why I asked so many questions. Well, when I received these I was absolutely mortified. The material was coarse and the style looked like it was geared for someone in their 80s. It wasn't remotely classic more like a black burlap bag. They looked and felt horrible. The pockets barely could fit gum and lipstick. I returned but called customer service to waive charge given all the discussion I had with reps prior to eliminate any confusion.

I was told to write an explanation with my reason for return and they would determine if s/h back could be waived. I circled item not as pictured or described by rep and did not like material/fabric. They didn't even have the common courtesy to email, or mail a reply to my complaint but deducted the $9.99 from my refund anyway. I called to complain yet I got a lame story that they can't make those decisions it comes from the warehouse yet they would my forward me or give me another contact number. On top of this they have the audacity to keep sending me a catalog after I've made 3 phone calls to have them stopped yet I'm still receiving it. Very upset with the lack of customer satisfaction skills.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My mother has Alzheimer’s. She was signed up for a preferred buyers club. I could only get info from Blair for the last 18 months. No purchases except for the buyers club 14.95/month. With late fees and interest she owes almost $900. I contacted Blair to close the acct and negotiate payment for purchases. Told them I would pay for all real purchases and interest for them. Was told I would have to open the account again to do this. All kinds of confusing offers to try and get me to sign her up again. WORST predators I have seen. Get 3 calls a day looking for my mother in law from the credit card company. No resolution in site. Threatening to ruin her credit. I will not pay. They can call all they want.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have tried to order items from Blair. They refuse to honor Promotional code which has as its expiration date of January 2, 2018. Today is November 18th 2017. My frustration level has reached my limit! Also, it is very difficult to understand the person who was trying to help me. Customer service representatives need to be able to speak clear English! Also just in case you wonder, I am not senile nor deaf!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Be careful when returning an item to Blair for return or exchange using the Free Postage sticker they send you with your purchase. I returned a jacket for EXCHANGE ONLY and attached the Free Postage sticker they sent me and within days was sent a letter stating I owed them $9.99 for postage. I emailed and telephoned them and was told there is a flat rate postage fee of $9.99 for return or exchange. They are deducting $9.99 from my refund that is due. Not fair since the label clearly states FREE POSTAGE. This sounds like a scam.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My elderly mother signed up for the VIP club. I'm sure she was enticed by getting an extra 10% off her order or some such deal, and didn't read the VERY fine print saying that she would be charged $14.98 per month forever afterward -- which FAR outweighs the percent off she got on her order. My mom is not an idiot -- she is pretty sharp for her age -- but she IS elderly (as are probably most of their customers). I feel this company is purposely out to trick their customers. I see from other reviews that many others have had this same experience. The fact that there will be a monthly charge for being a VIP should be prominently displayed. As far as I know Blair makes good products, so it's very disheartening that they stoop to such a cheesy tactic for getting people to pay $14.98 a month.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I ordered one item, paid in full and was charged the next month $14.97 which happened to be the price of the item. I found out when I called that it was a charge for VIP Plus which I did not sign up for. What is VIP Plus anyway? What do you get for $14.97 charged each and every month??? NOTHING! It makes no sense. They said they would halt the "membership" and get a refund of the $14.97. NO refund, no email about the refund! Not one more cent will be paid to this company!!!

Blair Company Information

www.blair.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business