1.17/5
Based on 96 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Blair

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 31, 2018

105 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had ordered one top for my sister for Christmas, and then I realized after I placed the order that I needed to order a different size for her. I called back 5-10 minutes later and they told me that they would cancel that order and reorder the same top in a different size. Later on, my sister got the canceled top and also got the correct top. Then she returned the canceled top to the Post Office. Recently I received my Blair bill showing that the top WAS returned, but they were charging me for the shipping on the canceled top! I thought this was ridiculous because it was THEIR mistake not to cancel the order, and now they expect me to pay on the shipping + handling and the gift wrap.

When I called the customer service department about this matter, the woman I spoke to was disrespectful and would continuously interrupt me when I was talking and would talk over me. She tried to create an air of confusion in the conversation to jumble my thoughts when I knew EXACTLY what happened! During the call, she put me on hold multiple times when I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she would NEVER connect me to her supervisor! The final time I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me! I have been a faithful customer of Blair for 18 years! This is a horrendous way to treat a loyal customer. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Blair and how they attempt to resolve their mistakes!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

In today's e-commerce world, charging $9.99 for return postage, whether returning or exchanging is ridiculous. I would have exchanged my too-big pants for a smaller size, except -- even with an exchange, the return postage charge still applies. I can go along with a small re-stocking fee on straight up returns, but not return postage. This is not competitive and to me, constitutes poor customer service. I would suggest going elsewhere to get a better exchange and return policy. Note to self: check return policies with new online retailers before ordering and getting ripped off. This policy is not only unfair to Blair's customers, but also endangers the employment of their workforce, as customers will abandon them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company is very rude. I placed an order with Blair this morning. The order did go through but they kept sending me messages that there was a problem with my credit card. There was no problem with it. The charge appeared on my bank account but they were still trying to get me to use another card so they can charge me twice. I called Blair, they claim they couldn't find my order. They are just giving me a runaround. I contacted my bank about this and they told me to wait 24 hours and if I don't hear from the company they will be calling them to get my money back. I was told the order might of went to one of their other companies like Haband. This is a big rip off. I ordered from Blair not Haband. I would not recommend ordering from them especially online. My bank told me to do it over the phone next time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Be aware that this catalog sales company will charge you freight on your order, even though they advertise the opposite. They will also charge you sales tax and claim they have a state presence (Florida in my case). Although, they can’t seem to tell me where they are in FL. Basically, they are the opposite of, let’s say, L.L. Bean (which is outstanding). Very frustrated that I’m paying $9.99 in freight for a $30 order. And, sales tax not only on the product, but on the freight as well!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In September 2017 I purchased Fresh sport shirt and matching sport pants in size medium. They sent me correct size in the shirt which ran large. The pants were sent size large. I sent them back in early October stating that they sent me the wrong pant size. I explained that I am a medium in both shirt and pants. They sent me a medium in November which was very large on me. I sent them back in November and asked for a petite small. I had not heard nor received anything by December 27th. I called and was informed that they were out of this size.

Also that because I had returned the pants Blair deducted $10.00 off of my credit and that I only had $10.00 credit left. I was upset that not only did they not tell me that they were out of stock of these pants, but also they charged me for their mistake. I will no longer order from Blair. My friend also informed me that the clothes she has ordered run large and their sizing is incorrect. Overall---poor clothing quality and poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Horrible horrible company. Ordered a coat in October for my mother for Christmas. Kept tell me was backordered by postcards. Finally received a postcard on December 16 saying it was going to be mailed on December 19. My mother never received the coat. I called the company on December 28. They told me the order was canceled. I call. It took 45 minutes for the customer service representative to find the order. She told me I never placed the order, that no postcard was ever mailed to me. This whole company this is been a nightmare. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

First time ordering from this company... and now the LAST! Ordered 8 Silhouette Slimmers to replace current rayon/polyester work pants. I called reps 3X prior to ordering to get tips on sizing and material quality. I explicitly explained that I was in my 40s and wanted a classic style, easy wear, no iron comfortable pant with deep pockets because we can't bring purses into our work area. I was skeptical of ordering because they charge 9.99 to return shipment. That's why I asked so many questions. Well, when I received these I was absolutely mortified. The material was coarse and the style looked like it was geared for someone in their 80s. It wasn't remotely classic more like a black burlap bag. They looked and felt horrible. The pockets barely could fit gum and lipstick. I returned but called customer service to waive charge given all the discussion I had with reps prior to eliminate any confusion.

I was told to write an explanation with my reason for return and they would determine if s/h back could be waived. I circled item not as pictured or described by rep and did not like material/fabric. They didn't even have the common courtesy to email, or mail a reply to my complaint but deducted the $9.99 from my refund anyway. I called to complain yet I got a lame story that they can't make those decisions it comes from the warehouse yet they would my forward me or give me another contact number. On top of this they have the audacity to keep sending me a catalog after I've made 3 phone calls to have them stopped yet I'm still receiving it. Very upset with the lack of customer satisfaction skills.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My mother has Alzheimer’s. She was signed up for a preferred buyers club. I could only get info from Blair for the last 18 months. No purchases except for the buyers club 14.95/month. With late fees and interest she owes almost $900. I contacted Blair to close the acct and negotiate payment for purchases. Told them I would pay for all real purchases and interest for them. Was told I would have to open the account again to do this. All kinds of confusing offers to try and get me to sign her up again. WORST predators I have seen. Get 3 calls a day looking for my mother in law from the credit card company. No resolution in site. Threatening to ruin her credit. I will not pay. They can call all they want.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have tried to order items from Blair. They refuse to honor Promotional code which has as its expiration date of January 2, 2018. Today is November 18th 2017. My frustration level has reached my limit! Also, it is very difficult to understand the person who was trying to help me. Customer service representatives need to be able to speak clear English! Also just in case you wonder, I am not senile nor deaf!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Be careful when returning an item to Blair for return or exchange using the Free Postage sticker they send you with your purchase. I returned a jacket for EXCHANGE ONLY and attached the Free Postage sticker they sent me and within days was sent a letter stating I owed them $9.99 for postage. I emailed and telephoned them and was told there is a flat rate postage fee of $9.99 for return or exchange. They are deducting $9.99 from my refund that is due. Not fair since the label clearly states FREE POSTAGE. This sounds like a scam.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My elderly mother signed up for the VIP club. I'm sure she was enticed by getting an extra 10% off her order or some such deal, and didn't read the VERY fine print saying that she would be charged $14.98 per month forever afterward -- which FAR outweighs the percent off she got on her order. My mom is not an idiot -- she is pretty sharp for her age -- but she IS elderly (as are probably most of their customers). I feel this company is purposely out to trick their customers. I see from other reviews that many others have had this same experience. The fact that there will be a monthly charge for being a VIP should be prominently displayed. As far as I know Blair makes good products, so it's very disheartening that they stoop to such a cheesy tactic for getting people to pay $14.98 a month.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I ordered one item, paid in full and was charged the next month $14.97 which happened to be the price of the item. I found out when I called that it was a charge for VIP Plus which I did not sign up for. What is VIP Plus anyway? What do you get for $14.97 charged each and every month??? NOTHING! It makes no sense. They said they would halt the "membership" and get a refund of the $14.97. NO refund, no email about the refund! Not one more cent will be paid to this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Return and exchange - new policy is a dirty trick. Blair just started a new policy of charging shipping for returned AND/OR exchanged merchandise even if what is sent to the customer is the wrong size or is poor quality. I was going to exchange a pair of pants that were labeled as my size but which were obviously made wrong because they are too small. They are the same size as a pair of Alfred Dunner pants I own that are a size smaller than what I am currently wearing. When I called Blair customer service they said I would have to pay $9.99 if I used their shipping label or I could mail the wrong sized pants back by other mailing carrier method if I wanted to save a few dollars.

Since I only paid $15.99 for the mis-sized pants, I don't see any point in returning them and receiving about $5 when the expense of returning them is figured in. If I "exchange", I will have to pay for both the new pants being sent to me AND the returned pants being shipped. In other words, there is no advantage to exchange -- there really is no exchange policy. You are just starting over. When I spoke to customer service, they had no access to whomever created this policy. They don't even have the right to give out an address or name of their policymakers. This is a crappy, scamming company, in my opinion. Don't order from them. It is too high risk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We purchased some items for Blair over the phone and were asked if we wanted a 10% discount on one extra item. Little did we know, and this was never mentioned, that they were signing us up for the VIP PL club and then charging us $14.97 every month without our authorization. We did not notice it on our bill for several months.

We contacted them to remove us from this club and refund the money, but we have had no contact from them. We then looked on Consumer Affairs and found others were treated the same way. The sad thing is we have purchased many things from them over the years, but not anymore. So they have lost a good customer over this shady practice. Shame on them. We did cancel our credit card so they can't get any more money from us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered four items from the Blair catalogue (by telephone). When the items were sent, I immediately tried them on, nothing fit! I sent the items back immediately on the same day that I received them. I wanted a refund on the items but they credited it to a Blair account I had opened in 2013. They will not refund the money, will only put it back on the account and the only way to "get it back" is to order something which will not probably fit either... so it's just a round robin effect. They make you have to keep ordering. I think this would be considered "fraud". I will never order another item from Blair and will discourage any of my friends or acquaintances from ordering from Blair.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Ordered men's pajamas which were several sizes too large. Returned them for exchange and cannot speak with customer service as to credit, etc. Made several attempts. If they issue store credit I would never purchase anything from this site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My 85 year old mother ordered one item, paid it in full when she ordered it. They keep sending her bills saying she is in some special VIP club. Finally straightened it out online and said she will receive a zero balance bill this month. NOPE. It says she now owes $2 finance charge. What a joke! They won't straighten it out with me because I am not on "her account." She cannot see or call and lives 100 mi away. Do not order a thing from them. They will keep charging you "finance charges."

Original review: July 26, 2017

Ordered product trying to use their sizing chart. Everything was too large. When I realized I would have to pay shipping back I called telling them I was exchanging. Told it was not their fault and I would have to pay shipping back and shipping for new order. Not feeling very good about customer service I decided to cut my losses and just return order. They phoned me when they received product and told me I would have to pay shipping, fine send me a final bill. No final bill came but received notice from bank that my payment was late so I was being charged a $27 late fee.

When I called and tried to explain was told there was nothing they could do. I did not make the minimum payment on original bill even though my minimum payment was more than I owed. Also when asked for explanation of total charges was told I also would not get my sales tax back? Is that legal? We are up to $52 for shipping late charge and sales tax and no product. Unbelievable.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Placed my order 5 days ago. Noticed that confirmation had the wrong address, which I am sure I entered correctly. Emailed them right away, they said nothing can be done cause the order was shipped, yet online order status said it wasn't. Waited a few days, meanwhile asking them again and again for assistance in correcting the unshipped order with no luck, and now it is showing out of stock. Asked them to cancel it since they don't have the items they told me they can't promise the cancellation will be successful. Wtf? As soon as I said I am disputing the charge, the items are just now showing as "being processed" but still not shipped. I'm leaving in a week on long vacation, wanted this solved before I go, but does not look promising. Please do not buy from these uncoordinated scammers.

Original review: July 22, 2017

For the second time I have had a code for free shipping, and each time when I try to order and get the free shipping, it says that the shipping code is invalid! Needless to say I will not be trying to order anything again. I am not paying 9.99 for a 20.00 order!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I ordered a pair of shorts online for $14.97. However my credit card was charged 3 times!! I'm incredibly upset and will be taking it up with my credit card company. Trust the reviews. Don't order from here.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am so tired of having to return items and having to pay the high shipping cost! If Blair would accurately label their sizes, I would not have to return/exchange items! This is the second or third time I have had to do this and I'm not going to do it again. Until they change their return shipping and sizing guidelines, I will not purchase from them again!

Original review: June 19, 2017

The products are good, customer service not so much. We ordered a cute top for mom mid May so she could have it by her 90th birthday party the end of June. The item was back ordered and Blair offered no updates whatsoever as to when it was available or when that shipped. Despite several emails about the need to have it by a certain date they offered no options on speeding up the shipping. There was no notification of when the item shipped or when we could expect it. This is just not acceptable in this day and age. We will be hard pressed to order from them again.

Original review: May 30, 2017

On May 25, I spent 20 minutes talking with "Carol" about a defective jacket I returned. I stated on the return form that I was unable to place my left arm in the sleeve as it was twisted inside and must have been sewn crooked. The right arm went through smoothly but I made several unsuccessful attempts to put my left arm through. I got the standard "I checked with my supervisor" response from Carol, who then informed me the Return Dept. could find nothing wrong with the garment so I was being charged the $9.99 return shipping. She said she didn't know why I couldn't get my arm through, the Return Dept. said it was fine. Why would I return an item for the exact same item (color and size) if I could wear it? That makes no sense. I lost my temper a bit because the item truly was defective and I feel cheated. The return policy is a scam.

This was my first and will be my last transaction with Blair. On the Blair website, they list numerous 4-5 star ratings but only a few negative reviews. I attempted to go back in and amend my review but was unable to do so. I visited the BBB website and found a ton of unfavorable reviews/complaints. I should have done my homework before I ordered from this company. I broke my own rule of ordering from a catalog company and clothing no less. Stay away from this company.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased a garment from Blair and was charged USD14.97 monthly for a VIP membership which I did not sign up for. Realized the issue after a few months. Called up my bank to dispute the charges and found that the only way out was to cancel my card. I searched online and found that my experiences are shared by others and the only way out is apparently to cancel your card.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I ordered 3 pair Capris. A few days later, I received an email stating 2 of the 3 Capris were out of stock. I replied to that email asking them to cancel the entire order since 2/3 was not in stock. Blair Customer Service reply stated they couldn't cancel the order since shipping was sent out soon after order. However, I did not receive an email stating the item had shipped for several days after that reply. Finally, at what I would consider a longer than usual shipping time nowadays, I received a pair of shorts, not Capris!

So, again I emailed customer service asking for direction regarding how to return the "wrong item shipped." I felt that I should not be charged $9.99 return fee when it was their mistake. The reply I received stated to send back using prepaid return label and they would decide after receiving the item if the return fee could be waived. Let me say, there is NO WAY I am going to trust Blair to waive the $9.99 return fee despite the fact it is their mistake, not mine. I have shopped Blair online for YEARS! Liked the clothing, liked reasonable shipping time, liked receptive and helpful customer service. Today's Blair - horrible!!! What happened?

Original review: May 1, 2017

On April 24, 2017 I mailed two women's tops back to Blair as they were way, way too big. I went by the size chart in the Blair catalog but the size information given was incorrect. I called Blair today 5-1-2017 to check on my return and to find out when I would receive the tops in size Small. I was told by Diane that my returns had been received on May 27th and the return would be processed in 2-3 weeks and the new shipment would be sent in 4-8 days after that, making the whole process to take 1 month! I told Diane that this was unacceptable and that the tops would be out of season by then, she said sorry but there was nothing she could do about it.

I asked to speak to a manager and a Ms. or Mrs. ** came on the line. She asked how she could help and I explained the problem and again I was given a "sorry" but that was how long it would take and she could do nothing to expedite my order. I asked why it would take so long and Ms. or Mrs. ** stated that it took that long it took and that was that and she could not help. I asked to speak to her manager and Ms. or Mrs. ** said she did not have one and she then HUNG UP on me. The total lack of customer service was appalling.

Original review: April 21, 2017

When I ordered an item, they convinced me to sign up with some card that would save me money on my initial purchase, plus save me money at other stores as well. I went for it. After almost a month, when I had not received the item, I called them. They said it had been returned (not by me)??? So now I am without the item, plus I got charged for the stupid card that was supposed to save me money in the first place. HUH? I think this place is a scam. I tried to cancel the card and they said I would have to call another number, and they weren't (of course) opened today. I have a feeling my nightmare has just begun with this company.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I placed an order on March 14, 2017 on BLAIR.com, (order #**) and at this date never received the merchandise. The BLAIR.com customer service says they cannot help. They asked me to call USPS and investigate. They first use UPS (**) who then deliver to USPS and then USPS has to pick up from there. BUT USPS never delivered the package to me? SO where is it? I asked for a refund. They asked me to wait another 30 calendar days, but in fact they GUARANTEE delivery within 4 to 8 business days. The customer service wants me to do the investigation with USPS which she said is my responsibility.

Her name is Barbara, and when I asked to talk to her supervisor she replied, “She is busy and cannot talk to you.” WHAT USA law says that they have to make me wait 30 calendars days before cancelling my order. ALSO, why they are asking me to call USPS and myself do the investigation? So conclusion. If you place an order with BLAIR they CANNOT guarantee they will make sure you will receive the merchandise. According to their customer service (Barbara) it is up to the customer to manage the delivery service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Bought a parka coat for my husband. Zipper broke. Requested to change for another. Second coat the arm was ripped. So I called to request my money back. They want to give me a credit receipt and a gift card. I just want my money back plus they were charging me two coats so I closed my account there. Customer service is horrible and I would have accepted the gift offered but their merchandise was very poor and the two coats were damaged so I did want anything else from them. They just want me to buy again and return the gifts??? The manager of the credit card helped with the issue of the credit card but Blair owes me money. I had already paid about $50 or more for the first purchase and from $75.00 they were charging $120.00 so I just want whatever they owe me in a check not in credit. I don't want anything from them. Bad bad bad?

Blair Company Information

www.blair.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use