1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 88 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

97 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have tried to order items from Blair. They refuse to honor Promotional code which has as its expiration date of January 2, 2018. Today is November 18th 2017. My frustration level has reached my limit! Also, it is very difficult to understand the person who was trying to help me. Customer service representatives need to be able to speak clear English! Also just in case you wonder, I am not senile nor deaf!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Be careful when returning an item to Blair for return or exchange using the Free Postage sticker they send you with your purchase. I returned a jacket for EXCHANGE ONLY and attached the Free Postage sticker they sent me and within days was sent a letter stating I owed them $9.99 for postage. I emailed and telephoned them and was told there is a flat rate postage fee of $9.99 for return or exchange. They are deducting $9.99 from my refund that is due. Not fair since the label clearly states FREE POSTAGE. This sounds like a scam.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My elderly mother signed up for the VIP club. I'm sure she was enticed by getting an extra 10% off her order or some such deal, and didn't read the VERY fine print saying that she would be charged $14.98 per month forever afterward -- which FAR outweighs the percent off she got on her order. My mom is not an idiot -- she is pretty sharp for her age -- but she IS elderly (as are probably most of their customers). I feel this company is purposely out to trick their customers. I see from other reviews that many others have had this same experience. The fact that there will be a monthly charge for being a VIP should be prominently displayed. As far as I know Blair makes good products, so it's very disheartening that they stoop to such a cheesy tactic for getting people to pay $14.98 a month.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I ordered one item, paid in full and was charged the next month $14.97 which happened to be the price of the item. I found out when I called that it was a charge for VIP Plus which I did not sign up for. What is VIP Plus anyway? What do you get for $14.97 charged each and every month??? NOTHING! It makes no sense. They said they would halt the "membership" and get a refund of the $14.97. NO refund, no email about the refund! Not one more cent will be paid to this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Return and exchange - new policy is a dirty trick. Blair just started a new policy of charging shipping for returned AND/OR exchanged merchandise even if what is sent to the customer is the wrong size or is poor quality. I was going to exchange a pair of pants that were labeled as my size but which were obviously made wrong because they are too small. They are the same size as a pair of Alfred Dunner pants I own that are a size smaller than what I am currently wearing. When I called Blair customer service they said I would have to pay $9.99 if I used their shipping label or I could mail the wrong sized pants back by other mailing carrier method if I wanted to save a few dollars.

Since I only paid $15.99 for the mis-sized pants, I don't see any point in returning them and receiving about $5 when the expense of returning them is figured in. If I "exchange", I will have to pay for both the new pants being sent to me AND the returned pants being shipped. In other words, there is no advantage to exchange -- there really is no exchange policy. You are just starting over. When I spoke to customer service, they had no access to whomever created this policy. They don't even have the right to give out an address or name of their policymakers. This is a crappy, scamming company, in my opinion. Don't order from them. It is too high risk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We purchased some items for Blair over the phone and were asked if we wanted a 10% discount on one extra item. Little did we know, and this was never mentioned, that they were signing us up for the VIP PL club and then charging us $14.97 every month without our authorization. We did not notice it on our bill for several months.

We contacted them to remove us from this club and refund the money, but we have had no contact from them. We then looked on Consumer Affairs and found others were treated the same way. The sad thing is we have purchased many things from them over the years, but not anymore. So they have lost a good customer over this shady practice. Shame on them. We did cancel our credit card so they can't get any more money from us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered four items from the Blair catalogue (by telephone). When the items were sent, I immediately tried them on, nothing fit! I sent the items back immediately on the same day that I received them. I wanted a refund on the items but they credited it to a Blair account I had opened in 2013. They will not refund the money, will only put it back on the account and the only way to "get it back" is to order something which will not probably fit either... so it's just a round robin effect. They make you have to keep ordering. I think this would be considered "fraud". I will never order another item from Blair and will discourage any of my friends or acquaintances from ordering from Blair.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Ordered men's pajamas which were several sizes too large. Returned them for exchange and cannot speak with customer service as to credit, etc. Made several attempts. If they issue store credit I would never purchase anything from this site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My 85 year old mother ordered one item, paid it in full when she ordered it. They keep sending her bills saying she is in some special VIP club. Finally straightened it out online and said she will receive a zero balance bill this month. NOPE. It says she now owes $2 finance charge. What a joke! They won't straighten it out with me because I am not on "her account." She cannot see or call and lives 100 mi away. Do not order a thing from them. They will keep charging you "finance charges."

Original review: July 26, 2017

Ordered product trying to use their sizing chart. Everything was too large. When I realized I would have to pay shipping back I called telling them I was exchanging. Told it was not their fault and I would have to pay shipping back and shipping for new order. Not feeling very good about customer service I decided to cut my losses and just return order. They phoned me when they received product and told me I would have to pay shipping, fine send me a final bill. No final bill came but received notice from bank that my payment was late so I was being charged a $27 late fee.

When I called and tried to explain was told there was nothing they could do. I did not make the minimum payment on original bill even though my minimum payment was more than I owed. Also when asked for explanation of total charges was told I also would not get my sales tax back? Is that legal? We are up to $52 for shipping late charge and sales tax and no product. Unbelievable.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Placed my order 5 days ago. Noticed that confirmation had the wrong address, which I am sure I entered correctly. Emailed them right away, they said nothing can be done cause the order was shipped, yet online order status said it wasn't. Waited a few days, meanwhile asking them again and again for assistance in correcting the unshipped order with no luck, and now it is showing out of stock. Asked them to cancel it since they don't have the items they told me they can't promise the cancellation will be successful. Wtf? As soon as I said I am disputing the charge, the items are just now showing as "being processed" but still not shipped. I'm leaving in a week on long vacation, wanted this solved before I go, but does not look promising. Please do not buy from these uncoordinated scammers.

Original review: July 22, 2017

For the second time I have had a code for free shipping, and each time when I try to order and get the free shipping, it says that the shipping code is invalid! Needless to say I will not be trying to order anything again. I am not paying 9.99 for a 20.00 order!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I ordered a pair of shorts online for $14.97. However my credit card was charged 3 times!! I'm incredibly upset and will be taking it up with my credit card company. Trust the reviews. Don't order from here.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am so tired of having to return items and having to pay the high shipping cost! If Blair would accurately label their sizes, I would not have to return/exchange items! This is the second or third time I have had to do this and I'm not going to do it again. Until they change their return shipping and sizing guidelines, I will not purchase from them again!

Original review: June 19, 2017

The products are good, customer service not so much. We ordered a cute top for mom mid May so she could have it by her 90th birthday party the end of June. The item was back ordered and Blair offered no updates whatsoever as to when it was available or when that shipped. Despite several emails about the need to have it by a certain date they offered no options on speeding up the shipping. There was no notification of when the item shipped or when we could expect it. This is just not acceptable in this day and age. We will be hard pressed to order from them again.

Original review: May 30, 2017

On May 25, I spent 20 minutes talking with "Carol" about a defective jacket I returned. I stated on the return form that I was unable to place my left arm in the sleeve as it was twisted inside and must have been sewn crooked. The right arm went through smoothly but I made several unsuccessful attempts to put my left arm through. I got the standard "I checked with my supervisor" response from Carol, who then informed me the Return Dept. could find nothing wrong with the garment so I was being charged the $9.99 return shipping. She said she didn't know why I couldn't get my arm through, the Return Dept. said it was fine. Why would I return an item for the exact same item (color and size) if I could wear it? That makes no sense. I lost my temper a bit because the item truly was defective and I feel cheated. The return policy is a scam.

This was my first and will be my last transaction with Blair. On the Blair website, they list numerous 4-5 star ratings but only a few negative reviews. I attempted to go back in and amend my review but was unable to do so. I visited the BBB website and found a ton of unfavorable reviews/complaints. I should have done my homework before I ordered from this company. I broke my own rule of ordering from a catalog company and clothing no less. Stay away from this company.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I purchased a garment from Blair and was charged USD14.97 monthly for a VIP membership which I did not sign up for. Realized the issue after a few months. Called up my bank to dispute the charges and found that the only way out was to cancel my card. I searched online and found that my experiences are shared by others and the only way out is apparently to cancel your card.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I ordered 3 pair Capris. A few days later, I received an email stating 2 of the 3 Capris were out of stock. I replied to that email asking them to cancel the entire order since 2/3 was not in stock. Blair Customer Service reply stated they couldn't cancel the order since shipping was sent out soon after order. However, I did not receive an email stating the item had shipped for several days after that reply. Finally, at what I would consider a longer than usual shipping time nowadays, I received a pair of shorts, not Capris!

So, again I emailed customer service asking for direction regarding how to return the "wrong item shipped." I felt that I should not be charged $9.99 return fee when it was their mistake. The reply I received stated to send back using prepaid return label and they would decide after receiving the item if the return fee could be waived. Let me say, there is NO WAY I am going to trust Blair to waive the $9.99 return fee despite the fact it is their mistake, not mine. I have shopped Blair online for YEARS! Liked the clothing, liked reasonable shipping time, liked receptive and helpful customer service. Today's Blair - horrible!!! What happened?

Original review: May 1, 2017

On April 24, 2017 I mailed two women's tops back to Blair as they were way, way too big. I went by the size chart in the Blair catalog but the size information given was incorrect. I called Blair today 5-1-2017 to check on my return and to find out when I would receive the tops in size Small. I was told by Diane that my returns had been received on May 27th and the return would be processed in 2-3 weeks and the new shipment would be sent in 4-8 days after that, making the whole process to take 1 month! I told Diane that this was unacceptable and that the tops would be out of season by then, she said sorry but there was nothing she could do about it.

I asked to speak to a manager and a Ms. or Mrs. ** came on the line. She asked how she could help and I explained the problem and again I was given a "sorry" but that was how long it would take and she could do nothing to expedite my order. I asked why it would take so long and Ms. or Mrs. ** stated that it took that long it took and that was that and she could not help. I asked to speak to her manager and Ms. or Mrs. ** said she did not have one and she then HUNG UP on me. The total lack of customer service was appalling.

Original review: April 21, 2017

When I ordered an item, they convinced me to sign up with some card that would save me money on my initial purchase, plus save me money at other stores as well. I went for it. After almost a month, when I had not received the item, I called them. They said it had been returned (not by me)??? So now I am without the item, plus I got charged for the stupid card that was supposed to save me money in the first place. HUH? I think this place is a scam. I tried to cancel the card and they said I would have to call another number, and they weren't (of course) opened today. I have a feeling my nightmare has just begun with this company.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I placed an order on March 14, 2017 on BLAIR.com, (order #**) and at this date never received the merchandise. The BLAIR.com customer service says they cannot help. They asked me to call USPS and investigate. They first use UPS (**) who then deliver to USPS and then USPS has to pick up from there. BUT USPS never delivered the package to me? SO where is it? I asked for a refund. They asked me to wait another 30 calendar days, but in fact they GUARANTEE delivery within 4 to 8 business days. The customer service wants me to do the investigation with USPS which she said is my responsibility.

Her name is Barbara, and when I asked to talk to her supervisor she replied, “She is busy and cannot talk to you.” WHAT USA law says that they have to make me wait 30 calendars days before cancelling my order. ALSO, why they are asking me to call USPS and myself do the investigation? So conclusion. If you place an order with BLAIR they CANNOT guarantee they will make sure you will receive the merchandise. According to their customer service (Barbara) it is up to the customer to manage the delivery service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Bought a parka coat for my husband. Zipper broke. Requested to change for another. Second coat the arm was ripped. So I called to request my money back. They want to give me a credit receipt and a gift card. I just want my money back plus they were charging me two coats so I closed my account there. Customer service is horrible and I would have accepted the gift offered but their merchandise was very poor and the two coats were damaged so I did want anything else from them. They just want me to buy again and return the gifts??? The manager of the credit card helped with the issue of the credit card but Blair owes me money. I had already paid about $50 or more for the first purchase and from $75.00 they were charging $120.00 so I just want whatever they owe me in a check not in credit. I don't want anything from them. Bad bad bad?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I purchased from Blair a $25 Item. Turned into a $14.97 membership I never noticed. Then a Collection on my Credit Bureau for a second purchase I paid with a personal CC. They transferred to an account I never asked or knew about... a $20 item turned into $140 with penalties. STAY AWAY!!! Scam.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I made a purchase with HABAND/Blair both advertising the same item I ordered using the current benefit of free +20% discount. The order should have come under that free shipping order but the check-out showed none. I contacted Blair & their associate, Haband, but told they only allow one promotion code per order. The shipping charges should have been the best one, yet that did not appear. Then I had Credit Certificates, but no place to enter the number.

They stated that "If you have a gift card or merchandise credit certificates, you can enter the numbers listed in the payment section of checkout in the box stating redeem gift card, reward certificate or merchandise credit certificate." I reviewed those pages at least 3 times and could still not find any mention of the above access you stated. This has been going on for some time when I made purchases in the past as was unable to find a place to use them, even though they said that they don't expire.

They deducted $10.00 from my credit card under the pretense that they were giving me a matching gift of $10.00 each on of these without my consent. Their gift had an expiration date, but mine did not. Sarcastically, I went back online to their site where I could check the value of the credits I should have, totaling 8. The six numbers all return with message "Insufficient Funds" or please enter valid gift code.The last two stated they were good. Oddly enough, they are the ones of lesser value.

They went ahead and delivered my order with NONE of the benefits or use of my own $10.00 gift cards. This is a miserable waste of my time and money for a company that is supposed to be a reputable old company. My impression is that they are Fraudulent, Misleading, Dishonest, Crooks. They should be put out of business by a class action suit. Anyone want to try??

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I ordered a rug for my mom on November 6th. At that time (and the confirmation email) I was told that it would ship within 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks I contacted Blair.com and was told that it was back ordered. Specifics aren't really that important. I have contacted this company at least 10 times with NO LUCK. It's been 2 months, no rug. A manager was supposed to call me several times and never did. This has been the worst online shopping experience of my life.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I never signed up for the vip account and now they are charging me. I will have to get a new cc number to stop this. Also they never delivered my item. I turned this over to the attorney general in my state.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I'm so mad and disgusted by the way some companies prey on the elderly. My mother got sick about two years ago and was undergoing treatment for cancer. While she was home she received a Blair CC. Never missed a payment until her sickness came back. As I was going over her finances I noticed this cc so I said "why do you have this? You can't afford it." We called and paid the Bal and was told the account is now closed!!! BUT wait it wasn't. We never was told about the VIP and the account assure. "What is this?" I asked. "We can't close this. You need to call them." So we called and had them (both) closed. BUT WAIT they took a month before they got around to it. So we got billed the mo. charge of $14.95 on the account we closed a month ago.

BUT Wait it's more. Also we got charged a late fee on the VIP bill that we never knew we had because we thought we closed this account. Now today I called (11/17/16) and talked to BLAIR, to the supervisor MARIA - told me she was not clearing this account and I had to pay the Balance of $32.57 to be set free of this account. This was and is Total BS. We were told one thing and not another and now we owe them more money. STAY AWAY FROM companies LIKE THIS. They are only in it to keep you in debt to them. So I'm out $32.57.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I did not authorize Blair for a VIP membership but just placed a one-time charge and they added the VIP; which I immediately advised them I do not want; they have done this in the past and it is a scam... When ordering they add on this additional bogus membership. I have just discovered that they have been charging me for a year now! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Very difficult to stop them from charging a VIP membership to your card.

Original review: June 13, 2016

Beware of Blair. My husband used my account to order some Christmas presents for me. He is 81. In the process he was offered a discount coupon. He checked yes and inadvertently signed up for a VIP club which charges $14.97 a month. When the charges came in each month, he paid the amount. At one point he asked me what I was buying for $14.97 each month. I checked the account, found out what had happened and called Blair to cancel the VIP membership. They assured me it was taken care of.

Now I am receiving a bill for balances on the account plus late fees and interest from the bank which handles their credit card service. My new bill $68.88. Three phone calls later, shifted from one department to another (one of whom verified the account had been closed but there was nothing else that could be done about the fees), and finally to the bank. I was offered a $10.00 reduction of the bill and a $5.00 coupon for my next purchase, if I buy before July 4. Are they insane? I am infuriated. I will never buy another item from Blair or any of their associated companies.

Original review: May 5, 2016

This review also includes the credit card company that Blair hoodwinks the elderly into applying for. Someone with a thick East Indian accent, an agent from Blair, called my old, crippled Granny late one night and easily talked her into placing an order and opening up a credit card with Comenity Bank. She paid the bill for 117.00 as soon as it came. A fleece sweater was huge. We returned it for $9.99. Then they somehow counted that returned item as unpaid. They billed her every month for the jacket with a late charge and finance charge. I came upon the bill today and she said she couldn't make sense out of it.

I called the Comenity bank and sharply explained there was something fishy with this bill. After much insistence they agreed to only charge my Granny for the shipping fee of this mystery jacket. I agreed to this only because I wanted to be rid of them. We then promptly closed this credit card that was opened only because they preyed on a little old lady. This is financial exploitation of the elderly in my opinion. STAY AWAY FROM BLAIR AND COMENITY BANK.

Blair Company Information