1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

111 Blair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

Without a doubt, the Blair company has the worse customer service. We were one day late on a payment and was charged a late fee. Because we didn’t get the mail for a month, they charged us another late fee. They would not reverse the late fees. We have cancelled all dealings with this company. Be very leery of their credit card.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have bought 4 pairs of Scandia Woods side elastic men's jeans. I started buying from Blair, because they offer a 28" length. I bought the first two pair 11/01/2017, the second 2 pair 01/25/2018. The first two pair both ripped on the left crotch area, just left of the zipper. These jeans are very baggy and the material is thin. I wrote Blairs and encloses a picture of the tear and all I got back was a copy of their return policy. I decided to try them one more time and bought two more pair in January of this year. Here it is the 1st of April and one pair has already got the same tear as before. There is a photo attached to show where the tear is located.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered a vest and capris from the Blair catalog. When I received the items they were two different shades of stone. They were listed separately in the catalog with the color of the vest and capris both listed as Stone 009. I have ordered them two times now. The first time I was obviously surprised at the difference in color. I called and spoke to a customer service rep and was told she could also see a difference in color, she researched it further and said they were made in two different places, and to send them back. She said she would make note of the difference, and to make sure the color of the items matched. I sent that order back and noted on the invoice that although they were the same color number and name they didn't match. I also noted if they didn't match I did not want to reorder and would like credit to my account - include shipping charges since it wasn't my error.

A day later I received a voicemail from another representative from Blair. Who not so nicely said the reason they were two different colors was that they were listed separately and not as a set. Using the same color code and number... Really?! I don't understand how you can order two items with the very same color name and number and not EXPECT them to match! I received an order yesterday, the color difference is even more pronounced. The capris are a grayish stone color and the vest is more of a yellow stone color...still both packages show the color as 009 Stone. The invoice that accompanied the order had typed on it "Examine color" and "Please check the color on each item, make sure they match" both comments highlighted in pink! I need to have my account credited with both the purchase and shipping. This whole fiasco was caused by Blair and their inability to advertise items correctly.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Last month I ordered an item from the Blair catalog. To pay for that item, I submitted a personal check and a refund check that Blair had sent me in March because an item I had wanted was no longer available. Two weeks later, I received an envelope from Blair that contained the refund check plus a form letter that stated the company cannot process "third-party/outdated..." checks. There was NO order number on the form, NO identifying communication that stated what had happened, so I called Blair. The representative I spoke with could not explain what happened or why the refund check had not been processed - frankly she could not tell me anything at all. She instructed me to return the refund check to the company address with a note that contained a series of numbers she said would ensure that the payment would be properly handled.

I followed her instructions. Then, late last week, I received another note from Blair asking for payment on the order. I called them again, and again was essentially told to wait until they could locate the order/personal check/refund check. So I am waiting... All of this is to say that I will not be ordering from Blair again. I know that they do business as Blair, Haband, Old Pueblo Traders and other names. I do not know if they are a conglomerate, if they recently have changed ownership, or how they train their representatives.

What I do know is that I will not burden them with my patronage any further. I have read the reviews left by others and I absolutely concur with their thoughts. It was especially disturbing to me to read about the family who was trying to deal with demands from Blair that they settle a non-existent, 10-year-old debt. This company or set of companies does not need my business, and their poor assessment on this rating site is evidence of that fact. I doubt that anything will improve on their end, and I would encourage other customers and/or potential customers to spend their money elsewhere.

Updated on 04/03/2018: What I had failed to mention was that I had been a very long-term customer of theirs. After posting my initial review, I called Blair to check on the status of my order and to confirm that the refund check they had mistakenly returned to me would be applied to my pending order along with my personal check. I was very disappointed when I was told by the representative that they never received my personal check.

It was only after I gave them information from my bank that they had already cashed my check that the representative acknowledged it, and even then she sounded confused. I then told her to cancel my pending order and return my monies. That, at least, will solve this issue. I will not order from Blair or any of their affiliated companies again. This was the second time in six months that I had encountered problems with an order I had placed, and it will be the last time. As I mentioned in my initial review, it is unclear to me if this set of companies has changed hands recently and/or undergone some sort of restructuring, but it is clear that quality of service has declined considerably.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My mother ordered some products years ago and paid her bill off completely and now she's getting phone calls from the company, or whoever it's turned over to, stating that she didn't pay her bill in full and I know for a fact that she did. Reason being is because I was the one loading the card for her to send it. We purchased a prepaid Visa just for the purpose of making her payments. I really didn't have a problem with this company and was considering a purchase, but seeing as though she's being accused of not paying her bill in full, I'm really skeptical about it.

This has been YEARS AGO since she ordered products from this company. If she owed any money why was it not settled or mentioned before now (which like I said before...it's been paid in full). This has been over 10+ years ago and it's just now being brought to our attention. Something is not right with this situation and she will not be repaying the monies that she already paid at/around the time of purchase. I just really can't wrap my head around how it's coming about after 10+ years! It's been so long that we no longer have the card. I suggest that when problems like this occur, you need to address it before it turns into 10 years on someone else. I would really appreciate if you will stop calling my mother about this situation. Her name is June **. Please don't let me have to discuss this problem any further again! She is 73 years old and does not need any stressful business like this!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: March 7, 2018

Purchased a Dell Computer on 12/29/17 for the price of $249.00. Rec'd computer in January 2018. I tried to set it up, but could not. Contacted my Internet Service which is Cox Cable here in Florida and they could not set it up. So the Tech asked me to find the serial number of the computer which I did and low and behold, they are selling used computers or reconditioned computers and you are thinking they are new. The Tech from Cox Cable, verified that the computer was built in 2010. I have made numerous phone calls to return to GCM Tech Support out of Minnesota. No one ever answers the phone, but once in a while they will call back. It took 2 months for me to return the computer to GCM Tech for an authorization. I put the computer on my charge with Comenity Bank which deals with Blair/Haband but still no credit on my account. I keep calling and keep being put off.

I am on a limited income being 71. Plus they are charging me service charges. Customer service is useless. So I contacted State Attorney Pam Bondi's office in Tallahassee and supposedly they sent a letter which they need to respond in 30 days. Haven't heard a thing. Tried calling the company today again, and all you get are voicemails. No one ever calls you back. Contacting Billing, Shipping, Customer Service etc. It is very frustrating! I feel this company is a scam!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had ordered one top for my sister for Christmas, and then I realized after I placed the order that I needed to order a different size for her. I called back 5-10 minutes later and they told me that they would cancel that order and reorder the same top in a different size. Later on, my sister got the canceled top and also got the correct top. Then she returned the canceled top to the Post Office. Recently I received my Blair bill showing that the top WAS returned, but they were charging me for the shipping on the canceled top! I thought this was ridiculous because it was THEIR mistake not to cancel the order, and now they expect me to pay on the shipping + handling and the gift wrap.

When I called the customer service department about this matter, the woman I spoke to was disrespectful and would continuously interrupt me when I was talking and would talk over me. She tried to create an air of confusion in the conversation to jumble my thoughts when I knew EXACTLY what happened! During the call, she put me on hold multiple times when I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she would NEVER connect me to her supervisor! The final time I asked to speak to her supervisor she hung up on me! I have been a faithful customer of Blair for 18 years! This is a horrendous way to treat a loyal customer. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Blair and how they attempt to resolve their mistakes!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

In today's e-commerce world, charging $9.99 for return postage, whether returning or exchanging is ridiculous. I would have exchanged my too-big pants for a smaller size, except -- even with an exchange, the return postage charge still applies. I can go along with a small re-stocking fee on straight up returns, but not return postage. This is not competitive and to me, constitutes poor customer service. I would suggest going elsewhere to get a better exchange and return policy. Note to self: check return policies with new online retailers before ordering and getting ripped off. This policy is not only unfair to Blair's customers, but also endangers the employment of their workforce, as customers will abandon them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This company is very rude. I placed an order with Blair this morning. The order did go through but they kept sending me messages that there was a problem with my credit card. There was no problem with it. The charge appeared on my bank account but they were still trying to get me to use another card so they can charge me twice. I called Blair, they claim they couldn't find my order. They are just giving me a runaround. I contacted my bank about this and they told me to wait 24 hours and if I don't hear from the company they will be calling them to get my money back. I was told the order might of went to one of their other companies like Haband. This is a big rip off. I ordered from Blair not Haband. I would not recommend ordering from them especially online. My bank told me to do it over the phone next time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Be aware that this catalog sales company will charge you freight on your order, even though they advertise the opposite. They will also charge you sales tax and claim they have a state presence (Florida in my case). Although, they can’t seem to tell me where they are in FL. Basically, they are the opposite of, let’s say, L.L. Bean (which is outstanding). Very frustrated that I’m paying $9.99 in freight for a $30 order. And, sales tax not only on the product, but on the freight as well!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In September 2017 I purchased Fresh sport shirt and matching sport pants in size medium. They sent me correct size in the shirt which ran large. The pants were sent size large. I sent them back in early October stating that they sent me the wrong pant size. I explained that I am a medium in both shirt and pants. They sent me a medium in November which was very large on me. I sent them back in November and asked for a petite small. I had not heard nor received anything by December 27th. I called and was informed that they were out of this size.

Also that because I had returned the pants Blair deducted $10.00 off of my credit and that I only had $10.00 credit left. I was upset that not only did they not tell me that they were out of stock of these pants, but also they charged me for their mistake. I will no longer order from Blair. My friend also informed me that the clothes she has ordered run large and their sizing is incorrect. Overall---poor clothing quality and poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Horrible horrible company. Ordered a coat in October for my mother for Christmas. Kept tell me was backordered by postcards. Finally received a postcard on December 16 saying it was going to be mailed on December 19. My mother never received the coat. I called the company on December 28. They told me the order was canceled. I call. It took 45 minutes for the customer service representative to find the order. She told me I never placed the order, that no postcard was ever mailed to me. This whole company this is been a nightmare. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

First time ordering from this company... and now the LAST! Ordered 8 Silhouette Slimmers to replace current rayon/polyester work pants. I called reps 3X prior to ordering to get tips on sizing and material quality. I explicitly explained that I was in my 40s and wanted a classic style, easy wear, no iron comfortable pant with deep pockets because we can't bring purses into our work area. I was skeptical of ordering because they charge 9.99 to return shipment. That's why I asked so many questions. Well, when I received these I was absolutely mortified. The material was coarse and the style looked like it was geared for someone in their 80s. It wasn't remotely classic more like a black burlap bag. They looked and felt horrible. The pockets barely could fit gum and lipstick. I returned but called customer service to waive charge given all the discussion I had with reps prior to eliminate any confusion.

I was told to write an explanation with my reason for return and they would determine if s/h back could be waived. I circled item not as pictured or described by rep and did not like material/fabric. They didn't even have the common courtesy to email, or mail a reply to my complaint but deducted the $9.99 from my refund anyway. I called to complain yet I got a lame story that they can't make those decisions it comes from the warehouse yet they would my forward me or give me another contact number. On top of this they have the audacity to keep sending me a catalog after I've made 3 phone calls to have them stopped yet I'm still receiving it. Very upset with the lack of customer satisfaction skills.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My mother has Alzheimer’s. She was signed up for a preferred buyers club. I could only get info from Blair for the last 18 months. No purchases except for the buyers club 14.95/month. With late fees and interest she owes almost $900. I contacted Blair to close the acct and negotiate payment for purchases. Told them I would pay for all real purchases and interest for them. Was told I would have to open the account again to do this. All kinds of confusing offers to try and get me to sign her up again. WORST predators I have seen. Get 3 calls a day looking for my mother in law from the credit card company. No resolution in site. Threatening to ruin her credit. I will not pay. They can call all they want.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have tried to order items from Blair. They refuse to honor Promotional code which has as its expiration date of January 2, 2018. Today is November 18th 2017. My frustration level has reached my limit! Also, it is very difficult to understand the person who was trying to help me. Customer service representatives need to be able to speak clear English! Also just in case you wonder, I am not senile nor deaf!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Be careful when returning an item to Blair for return or exchange using the Free Postage sticker they send you with your purchase. I returned a jacket for EXCHANGE ONLY and attached the Free Postage sticker they sent me and within days was sent a letter stating I owed them $9.99 for postage. I emailed and telephoned them and was told there is a flat rate postage fee of $9.99 for return or exchange. They are deducting $9.99 from my refund that is due. Not fair since the label clearly states FREE POSTAGE. This sounds like a scam.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My elderly mother signed up for the VIP club. I'm sure she was enticed by getting an extra 10% off her order or some such deal, and didn't read the VERY fine print saying that she would be charged $14.98 per month forever afterward -- which FAR outweighs the percent off she got on her order. My mom is not an idiot -- she is pretty sharp for her age -- but she IS elderly (as are probably most of their customers). I feel this company is purposely out to trick their customers. I see from other reviews that many others have had this same experience. The fact that there will be a monthly charge for being a VIP should be prominently displayed. As far as I know Blair makes good products, so it's very disheartening that they stoop to such a cheesy tactic for getting people to pay $14.98 a month.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I ordered one item, paid in full and was charged the next month $14.97 which happened to be the price of the item. I found out when I called that it was a charge for VIP Plus which I did not sign up for. What is VIP Plus anyway? What do you get for $14.97 charged each and every month??? NOTHING! It makes no sense. They said they would halt the "membership" and get a refund of the $14.97. NO refund, no email about the refund! Not one more cent will be paid to this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Return and exchange - new policy is a dirty trick. Blair just started a new policy of charging shipping for returned AND/OR exchanged merchandise even if what is sent to the customer is the wrong size or is poor quality. I was going to exchange a pair of pants that were labeled as my size but which were obviously made wrong because they are too small. They are the same size as a pair of Alfred Dunner pants I own that are a size smaller than what I am currently wearing. When I called Blair customer service they said I would have to pay $9.99 if I used their shipping label or I could mail the wrong sized pants back by other mailing carrier method if I wanted to save a few dollars.

Since I only paid $15.99 for the mis-sized pants, I don't see any point in returning them and receiving about $5 when the expense of returning them is figured in. If I "exchange", I will have to pay for both the new pants being sent to me AND the returned pants being shipped. In other words, there is no advantage to exchange -- there really is no exchange policy. You are just starting over. When I spoke to customer service, they had no access to whomever created this policy. They don't even have the right to give out an address or name of their policymakers. This is a crappy, scamming company, in my opinion. Don't order from them. It is too high risk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We purchased some items for Blair over the phone and were asked if we wanted a 10% discount on one extra item. Little did we know, and this was never mentioned, that they were signing us up for the VIP PL club and then charging us $14.97 every month without our authorization. We did not notice it on our bill for several months.

We contacted them to remove us from this club and refund the money, but we have had no contact from them. We then looked on Consumer Affairs and found others were treated the same way. The sad thing is we have purchased many things from them over the years, but not anymore. So they have lost a good customer over this shady practice. Shame on them. We did cancel our credit card so they can't get any more money from us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered four items from the Blair catalogue (by telephone). When the items were sent, I immediately tried them on, nothing fit! I sent the items back immediately on the same day that I received them. I wanted a refund on the items but they credited it to a Blair account I had opened in 2013. They will not refund the money, will only put it back on the account and the only way to "get it back" is to order something which will not probably fit either... so it's just a round robin effect. They make you have to keep ordering. I think this would be considered "fraud". I will never order another item from Blair and will discourage any of my friends or acquaintances from ordering from Blair.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Ordered men's pajamas which were several sizes too large. Returned them for exchange and cannot speak with customer service as to credit, etc. Made several attempts. If they issue store credit I would never purchase anything from this site.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My 85 year old mother ordered one item, paid it in full when she ordered it. They keep sending her bills saying she is in some special VIP club. Finally straightened it out online and said she will receive a zero balance bill this month. NOPE. It says she now owes $2 finance charge. What a joke! They won't straighten it out with me because I am not on "her account." She cannot see or call and lives 100 mi away. Do not order a thing from them. They will keep charging you "finance charges."

Original review: July 26, 2017

Ordered product trying to use their sizing chart. Everything was too large. When I realized I would have to pay shipping back I called telling them I was exchanging. Told it was not their fault and I would have to pay shipping back and shipping for new order. Not feeling very good about customer service I decided to cut my losses and just return order. They phoned me when they received product and told me I would have to pay shipping, fine send me a final bill. No final bill came but received notice from bank that my payment was late so I was being charged a $27 late fee.

When I called and tried to explain was told there was nothing they could do. I did not make the minimum payment on original bill even though my minimum payment was more than I owed. Also when asked for explanation of total charges was told I also would not get my sales tax back? Is that legal? We are up to $52 for shipping late charge and sales tax and no product. Unbelievable.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Placed my order 5 days ago. Noticed that confirmation had the wrong address, which I am sure I entered correctly. Emailed them right away, they said nothing can be done cause the order was shipped, yet online order status said it wasn't. Waited a few days, meanwhile asking them again and again for assistance in correcting the unshipped order with no luck, and now it is showing out of stock. Asked them to cancel it since they don't have the items they told me they can't promise the cancellation will be successful. Wtf? As soon as I said I am disputing the charge, the items are just now showing as "being processed" but still not shipped. I'm leaving in a week on long vacation, wanted this solved before I go, but does not look promising. Please do not buy from these uncoordinated scammers.

Original review: July 22, 2017

For the second time I have had a code for free shipping, and each time when I try to order and get the free shipping, it says that the shipping code is invalid! Needless to say I will not be trying to order anything again. I am not paying 9.99 for a 20.00 order!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I ordered a pair of shorts online for $14.97. However my credit card was charged 3 times!! I'm incredibly upset and will be taking it up with my credit card company. Trust the reviews. Don't order from here.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am so tired of having to return items and having to pay the high shipping cost! If Blair would accurately label their sizes, I would not have to return/exchange items! This is the second or third time I have had to do this and I'm not going to do it again. Until they change their return shipping and sizing guidelines, I will not purchase from them again!

Original review: June 19, 2017

The products are good, customer service not so much. We ordered a cute top for mom mid May so she could have it by her 90th birthday party the end of June. The item was back ordered and Blair offered no updates whatsoever as to when it was available or when that shipped. Despite several emails about the need to have it by a certain date they offered no options on speeding up the shipping. There was no notification of when the item shipped or when we could expect it. This is just not acceptable in this day and age. We will be hard pressed to order from them again.

Original review: May 30, 2017

On May 25, I spent 20 minutes talking with "Carol" about a defective jacket I returned. I stated on the return form that I was unable to place my left arm in the sleeve as it was twisted inside and must have been sewn crooked. The right arm went through smoothly but I made several unsuccessful attempts to put my left arm through. I got the standard "I checked with my supervisor" response from Carol, who then informed me the Return Dept. could find nothing wrong with the garment so I was being charged the $9.99 return shipping. She said she didn't know why I couldn't get my arm through, the Return Dept. said it was fine. Why would I return an item for the exact same item (color and size) if I could wear it? That makes no sense. I lost my temper a bit because the item truly was defective and I feel cheated. The return policy is a scam.

This was my first and will be my last transaction with Blair. On the Blair website, they list numerous 4-5 star ratings but only a few negative reviews. I attempted to go back in and amend my review but was unable to do so. I visited the BBB website and found a ton of unfavorable reviews/complaints. I should have done my homework before I ordered from this company. I broke my own rule of ordering from a catalog company and clothing no less. Stay away from this company.

Blair Company Information