2.0/5 (330 ratings)

About Blair

Blair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I ordered a gift for a friend in June. My friend returned the items for an exchange but they didn't exchange, instead they charged my account continuously until September. I asked for a full investigation and they took no responsibility. I've informed my bank of the fraudulent charges as well as Better Business Bureau. It's not only a waste of time they charge your account without any notice. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

BEWARE of shipping charges, the website says it comes with a PRE-PAID return label, which is FALSE. You are responsible for paying up to 9.99 in charges, which is absolutely ludicrous and not worth it. Stick to Amazon, Target and Kohl's. This place will go out of business soon I'd imagine!

Original review: July 11, 2020

I received the above package on my order of three items. VERY DISAPPOINTED that I was charged $6.99 in freight. On my original order –copy attached, I ordered three items and it was over the minimum for the free shipping per a catalog code which I used on the order. The SAD thing about it is you sent me another catalog with the identical blouses in it EXCEPT they are $5 higher than in the catalog I was ordering from. You now owe me a refund from the original order and then you send me a card to keep me ordering giving me 20% off my next order. I would like the refund from the original and then I will not order from you again! You have ruined your reputation with me in that you only want the additional amount on the SAME blouses I had ordered. If they were out from the catalog I ordered, you should not have them in the next catalog.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I tried to order some shirts. The catalog I have (WTM11PA01) shows a light blue shirt on the back page without a color number. Three different people do not know what "Light Blue" is! I called back after being cut off and the same thing all over again. I was ordering ten shirts in different colors, but they could not get passed the "Light Blue" shirt color without a color number, so I ordered nothing!!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

I ordered pedal pushers (capris). Not only was I disappointed with the material and the way they fit, but was shocked that they wanted $9.99 to return the order. This definitely made me change my mind about Blair being a good company.

Resolution response: June 30, 2020

UPDATE: Blair DID return my money, BUT I had to do several things to get that result. First, I sent them 2 e-mails with no response. I tried to call them and waited for about 15 minutes on hold and no one picked up. Finally, I mailed a letter to the address I found online and sent the letter to an address where someone had to sign for it, and I received a receipt back. They are still saying I signed up for that VIP Program, but still could not provide me any proof. I am ashamed of myself for not noticing these charges sooner, and I am glad that my money was refunded, but I will never, ever purchase from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I ordered some pants from Blair in 2018. I found out that they had "enrolled" me in some "VIP Program" and started charging my credit card $14.97 each month for 20 months! Say what? And, yes, I'm very ashamed that I hadn't noticed it before now. The total comes to $299.40 so far!!! I, of course, have contacted them and asked for PROOF that I ever agreed to this. I am retired and on a fixed income, so I would never agree to something like this. I also searched for other people's complaints about them and found several that had the same thing happen. I think it's OUTRAGEOUS! If they refuse to refund my money, I will be finding an attorney.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I was very excited to order from Blair. I shopped at a Blair in Las Vegas Nevada years ago and loved it. I ordered five capri set outfits. It was the cheapest garbage I have ever gotten from any clothing place in my life. Could do better in a used Thrift Shop or Walmart. I literally thought it was a prank or a joke. My shorts and pants look like if you took a tablecloth and made pants or shorts out of it. Although the tablecloth would have been better material. Could not be more disappointed in a clothing company. It feels like they know you can't see or feel the clothes. So they send you the most cheapest thinnest garbage ever. You don't want to have to send it back. They count on that. I thought Amazon was bad for the quality of clothing. It made Amazon look fancy.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I was a very long time customer of Blair. I purchased mostly women’s clothes and occasionally men’s shirts and jogging fleece. About two years ago, I noticed their sizes had changed from actual numbered sizes to designations of Sm, Med, Lg, XL, 2XL, etc. These sizes are nowhere even close to the previously numbered sizes. In addition, the quality of the fabrics has also declined along with the quality of workmanship. A polyester, velvet-like long sleeved robe I ordered was pathetic. One sleeve was 3” above my wrist, the other was 6” too short; the pockets were so high above the lower hip area where they are supposed to be that I couldn’t even get my hands in them to place couple of tissues.

Previously, at the end of summer sale, I ordered 4 crinkle slacks on clearance sale. I put them away for the following summer, but when I got them out to wear I found that the multi stitched elastic waist bands on every pair of slacks were completely shot, stretched beyond use. I will no longer purchase anything from this company. And even though I have asked them to stop sending catalogs, I am still getting them - often as many as three or four a week.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Sizing for men's small is actually men's medium. Received zip-short-sleeve shirt, clearly a factory reject. Many mis-sewn areas and very large. Next, received the wrong item. Purchased navy-blue shirt, received gray with navy blue tag. Sent back at great expense. Received SAME gray shirt with navy blue tag, AGAIN. No response to final effort for compensation. Many similar reviews. Wish I would have read them, earlier.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My 97 year old mother ordered something over the phone and gave her Mastercard number. The agent instead charged it to her Blair account. Statements arrived but were ignored as mom thought it was on her MC account. Late charges ensued. Called to cancel the account on 2/20 and was told it was cancelled. Days later received another statement with still another late charge, and the account is still active. Called again to cancel and requested an email confirmation. Still waiting on the email. This is fraudulent activity, beginning with the initial sales agent and continuing with the two agents in billing. We will never deal with them again (assuming I can ever get confirmation that this cursed account is closed).

Blair Company Information