2.0/5 (338 ratings)

About Blair

Blair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blair?

Original review: June 10, 2021

UPDATED 6/29/2021: Well, I ordered the rain jacket May 13th and still have not received it even though I received an email last week that it has been shipped. I tracked the package and it says it's still on backorder and has not shipped. This is absolutely uncalled for. I can't believe this company is still in business.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been waiting for my order for a month and it was supposed to be here in 6-8 days. Very unhappy with the company and all I want is my order. I should not even be charged for the inconveniences caused by this. I wanted the jacket and sweater for my vacation and it's very obvious that I have to go elsewhere so I have it for vacation.

Original review: May 30, 2021

I placed an order on April 29. 2021. I checked order update on Blair's site and it always said "order in process". I received a call telling me that of the four shorts I ordered the navy was on back order and would ship on May 15th. The next day I received an email telling me that two items were on back order. The order information on the website still said "order in process". I wanted and sent a couple more emails and was brushed off each time with "we are moving to a new warehouse". On May 25th or 26th I sent an email to their parent company. A woman called and said my COMPLETE order would be sent to me.

I received two of my items on May 28th. The two items actually shipped prior to my phone call. The order information on Blair's site still says everything is "order in process". Nothing about anything being shipped. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Their products are fine but their customer service is a total mess and has been for a while. The move could explain the delay but it does not explain the continual brush off I have experienced. I NEVER asked them to rush my order I just wanted an estimate of when my order would ship.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Do not believe in their free shipping advertisement unless you have absolutely ordered the right size otherwise you will be paying shipping to return it often more than the item costs. I ordered 2 tops to get the free shipping. One top was out of stock so they sent me one item and charged me the $6 shipping for the other one. They are frequently out of stock in a brand new catalog.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I placed an order on 12/5/20 & money was withdrawn from my account on 12/7/20. As of 12/26/20, I did not receive my order & advised Blair by email. They advised that the shipment was lost & that they could reship the item or credit the order in full. I chose to have a reship. Blair never explained that they would charge my account again. Without authorization, Blair accessed my account for the reship so I now paid for a second order after not receiving the original order. They claimed it would take three billing cycles for credit. Lo & behold, the reshipped order and the original order were received 12/29/20 and 12/31/20 respectively. I advised Blair by email of these shipments and requested a return shipping label. Their policy indicates that there is a $9.99 fee for use of the mailing label and only in certain circumstances will the fee be waived.

I asked for assurance that I would not be charged, but did not receive confirmation. This was my first and will be my only order with Blair Corporation. They had no real control over the shipping delays but the handling of the issues was not handled well at all. The communication was lacking in details. I hope this is an isolated incident for the sake of other consumers.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

They sent me a item that I never ordered, didn't receive what I ordered, will never order from Blair again....took forever to get my package, sent back the wrong item, don't want to take a chance to send again, cost too much.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Beware that Blair deducts $9.99 from your refund for shipping costs, if you use their return label! What's the point of buying a simple blouse of $37.00 if it doesn't fit you have to pay to return it! Yes, you could get in your car, drive to the PO, stand in line, fill out all the return labels and pay approximately the same shipping costs, as Blair offers as an option, but is that even worth calling an option? How much does Blair make on returns? I'll NEVER buy from them, again. It was my first and only time!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Their clothes are the cheapest ugliest most hideous fits you could possibly imagine, no wonder they went bankrupt. Save your money, anything is better quality than this. It’s as though it’s a fashion company made for a troll. Who is choosing these clothes???

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

In August I ordered an article of clothing, a sweatsuit. When it arrived, it did not fit so I returned it and asked for another size. They did not have anything similar in my size so I asked for a refund. I paid $28.45 and they will only refund me $11.07. When I called to ask why, I was basically told that they charge for the return label, and that's just the way it is. Never buy anything from them if you want good service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I ordered a gift for a friend in June. My friend returned the items for an exchange but they didn't exchange, instead they charged my account continuously until September. I asked for a full investigation and they took no responsibility. I've informed my bank of the fraudulent charges as well as Better Business Bureau. It's not only a waste of time they charge your account without any notice. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

BEWARE of shipping charges, the website says it comes with a PRE-PAID return label, which is FALSE. You are responsible for paying up to 9.99 in charges, which is absolutely ludicrous and not worth it. Stick to Amazon, Target and Kohl's. This place will go out of business soon I'd imagine!

Original review: July 11, 2020

I received the above package on my order of three items. VERY DISAPPOINTED that I was charged $6.99 in freight. On my original order –copy attached, I ordered three items and it was over the minimum for the free shipping per a catalog code which I used on the order. The SAD thing about it is you sent me another catalog with the identical blouses in it EXCEPT they are $5 higher than in the catalog I was ordering from. You now owe me a refund from the original order and then you send me a card to keep me ordering giving me 20% off my next order. I would like the refund from the original and then I will not order from you again! You have ruined your reputation with me in that you only want the additional amount on the SAME blouses I had ordered. If they were out from the catalog I ordered, you should not have them in the next catalog.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I tried to order some shirts. The catalog I have (WTM11PA01) shows a light blue shirt on the back page without a color number. Three different people do not know what "Light Blue" is! I called back after being cut off and the same thing all over again. I was ordering ten shirts in different colors, but they could not get passed the "Light Blue" shirt color without a color number, so I ordered nothing!!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

I ordered pedal pushers (capris). Not only was I disappointed with the material and the way they fit, but was shocked that they wanted $9.99 to return the order. This definitely made me change my mind about Blair being a good company.

Resolution response: June 30, 2020

UPDATE: Blair DID return my money, BUT I had to do several things to get that result. First, I sent them 2 e-mails with no response. I tried to call them and waited for about 15 minutes on hold and no one picked up. Finally, I mailed a letter to the address I found online and sent the letter to an address where someone had to sign for it, and I received a receipt back. They are still saying I signed up for that VIP Program, but still could not provide me any proof. I am ashamed of myself for not noticing these charges sooner, and I am glad that my money was refunded, but I will never, ever purchase from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I ordered some pants from Blair in 2018. I found out that they had "enrolled" me in some "VIP Program" and started charging my credit card $14.97 each month for 20 months! Say what? And, yes, I'm very ashamed that I hadn't noticed it before now. The total comes to $299.40 so far!!! I, of course, have contacted them and asked for PROOF that I ever agreed to this. I am retired and on a fixed income, so I would never agree to something like this. I also searched for other people's complaints about them and found several that had the same thing happen. I think it's OUTRAGEOUS! If they refuse to refund my money, I will be finding an attorney.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I was very excited to order from Blair. I shopped at a Blair in Las Vegas Nevada years ago and loved it. I ordered five capri set outfits. It was the cheapest garbage I have ever gotten from any clothing place in my life. Could do better in a used Thrift Shop or Walmart. I literally thought it was a prank or a joke. My shorts and pants look like if you took a tablecloth and made pants or shorts out of it. Although the tablecloth would have been better material. Could not be more disappointed in a clothing company. It feels like they know you can't see or feel the clothes. So they send you the most cheapest thinnest garbage ever. You don't want to have to send it back. They count on that. I thought Amazon was bad for the quality of clothing. It made Amazon look fancy.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I was a very long time customer of Blair. I purchased mostly women’s clothes and occasionally men’s shirts and jogging fleece. About two years ago, I noticed their sizes had changed from actual numbered sizes to designations of Sm, Med, Lg, XL, 2XL, etc. These sizes are nowhere even close to the previously numbered sizes. In addition, the quality of the fabrics has also declined along with the quality of workmanship. A polyester, velvet-like long sleeved robe I ordered was pathetic. One sleeve was 3” above my wrist, the other was 6” too short; the pockets were so high above the lower hip area where they are supposed to be that I couldn’t even get my hands in them to place couple of tissues.

Previously, at the end of summer sale, I ordered 4 crinkle slacks on clearance sale. I put them away for the following summer, but when I got them out to wear I found that the multi stitched elastic waist bands on every pair of slacks were completely shot, stretched beyond use. I will no longer purchase anything from this company. And even though I have asked them to stop sending catalogs, I am still getting them - often as many as three or four a week.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Sizing for men's small is actually men's medium. Received zip-short-sleeve shirt, clearly a factory reject. Many mis-sewn areas and very large. Next, received the wrong item. Purchased navy-blue shirt, received gray with navy blue tag. Sent back at great expense. Received SAME gray shirt with navy blue tag, AGAIN. No response to final effort for compensation. Many similar reviews. Wish I would have read them, earlier.

Original review: March 2, 2020

My 97 year old mother ordered something over the phone and gave her Mastercard number. The agent instead charged it to her Blair account. Statements arrived but were ignored as mom thought it was on her MC account. Late charges ensued. Called to cancel the account on 2/20 and was told it was cancelled. Days later received another statement with still another late charge, and the account is still active. Called again to cancel and requested an email confirmation. Still waiting on the email. This is fraudulent activity, beginning with the initial sales agent and continuing with the two agents in billing. We will never deal with them again (assuming I can ever get confirmation that this cursed account is closed).

Original review: March 2, 2020

Updated on 03/25/2020: About 2 weeks or so ago I wrote a negative review on this subject and was very upset and still am for that matter. The issues my wife evidently ordered some clothing in May 2015 and Blair signed her up for the VIP program, whatever that is. Since May 2015 Blair has automatically added a $14.97 to the credit card that was used on the original purchase. The total being $880.32 in some 4 1/2 years unknowing to me. I simply paid the bill each month with through examination and did not find this out until some 2 weeks ago. My wife has been in a nursing home for the last several months.

I sent letters to both Blair addresses and also to the FTC. In calling after sending the letter of complaint I called and was told that they would only refund 6 months of these charges or $89.92. I checked my on line credit and did in fact see the 6 months of credit on my account. They did call me and said they needed a copy of my power of attorney to handle my wife's affairs before they would cancel her account and stop sending us their catalogues etc, which I promptly sent to them.

They also told me they would refund me a check for the difference between the refund on my credit card and the total of their charges of $880.32, total I did receive their check for $$795.40. My thanks to them--my advise to anyone if you use a credit card on any purchases BEST BE AWARE OF THESE WHAT I CALLED "ILLEGAL CREDIT CARD CHARGES." So that is my story and a sad experience. Irv **

Original Review: I just found out this month that BLAIR has been charging my credit card some $14.97 for the last 47 months for a total of $703.59. This has been going on since May 23, 2015. Just discovered this on my last bill. In calling them they say my wife signed up on the internet for the VIP program which is a lie as she has never used a computer in her entire live and was diagnosed with dementia several years ago. This is absolutely fraud and is nothing more than theft--how they get away with this is beyond me--SO ANYONE WHO BUYS FROM BLAIR BETTER BE CAREFUL AND WATCH EVERY CHARGE ON THEIR CREDIT CARD. They slip these charges in every month etc, have no idea what the VIP program is and to my knowledge we have made no other purchases since May 2015. This company should be shut down permanently. I can guarantee they have nothing signed by us authorizing any such charges.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I placed 2 orders earlier tonight and after reconsidering, decided I didn't want either. Unfortunately, there was no live customer service representative available after 1 AM. If I try to cancel it during regular business hours today, it will be too late, as the orders will already be in processing.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I ordered a white pair of slacks for my husband and received a woman's plus size dress. When I called customer service to tell them about the mix up, I was told I had to ship it back at my expense and then they would reimburse me, not only that, but they would have to wait until they received the return item before they would send me the slacks I ordered. RIDICULOUS!!!! I will never shop with them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I ordered a robe and a necklace from Blair. The necklace came broken apart - I used Gorilla glue to repair it the best I could. The lavender colored robe was total garbage! It fell apart in the dryer the first time it was washed! Avoid Blair - they are selling cheap GARBAGE!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Twice I called customer service to try and explain a problem I was having and twice that person hung up on me rather than help. These were two different people! I have been a long time customer, but now refuse to buy anything else from their company. The quality of clothes has gone down also. Cheap material. IF I could reach someone in customer service I'd cancel all the catalogs they bombard me with twice a week! Waste of paper as they all really have the same items in each.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I purchased 4 pairs of long pants using a gift card. I then destroyed the gift card because it had zero balance. I returned all 4 pairs of pants, because they were all too long. Blair issued me a refund on the Gift Card that was destroyed! I called Visa, the issuing gift card company and they told me to have Blair issue the credit to another charge card, that is in my name. This all happened in October 2019. It's now January 2000. My husband and I have spent hours on the phone and Blair refuses to refund my money, or give me a store credit! This will be the last time I purchase anything from Blair!

Resolution response: April 13, 2020

The agent at Blair's VIP plus dept was courteous and agreed to cancel the unauthorized membership and refund my credit card charges. I subsequently received an email stating it was cancelled and charges refunded in about a week. I should know by month's end whether their resolutions were successful, then I will be very satisfied with their service. This review is a follow up to the previous complaint which I filed prematurely, based on other on-line complaints and my similar experience. Please ignore it for now. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Noticed in Dec that my credit card was being charged by Blair VIP for $14.98, even though no purchases had been made in 4 months. Then discovered the same charge was made in SEP, OCT and NOV, even though I did not authorize them to save my credit card info. I called their customer service and told an agent my problem, who said he would connect me to the VIP dept, but was disconnected. I believe this to be outright theft, and their website should be purged from the internet. I will talk to my bank about stopping these charges.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

First and last time ordering. Trouble customer service! I send several emails and no reply back to my emails, no phone number to call to speak with a person or manager. I cancelled both of my orders. G. **.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have been a long time Blair customer and recently over the last year I have noticed that the quality of their merchandise/clothing has declined tremendously and the worst of it is that the consumer is the one that gets stuck with the bad product unless they are willing to pay to return it. I ordered a Christmas gift (a fleece robe) for an elderly friend and when she washed it she had a horrible mess, there was lint everywhere and she had to clean her washer out and her lint trap multiple times and there is still lint all over everything the robe gets near. The robe is unwearable and useless and if I had read all the reviews I would have NOT ordered the robe, but what Blair does is put all the good reviews first and all the bad reviews last and there are so many to read I didn't read them all.

I did read a few that stated it was horrid and a lint mess and not recommended and I should have went by that review but the color looked nice and I had many years ago ordered a similar one for my mother and it was fine. She wore it and I washed it for her with no issues. They have changed the quality of the fabric of the robes and also other items and expect the consumer to eat the cost of the return or just keep the defective item. How does the customer know the clothing is no good until they use it once or wash it? I think Blair has really gone downhill and will be losing many customers unless they have better quality control or a better return policy, who wants to be stuck with an item of clothing they can't use or even donate to a charity.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I ordered a Scandia fleece jacket. It arrived and I could not get the zipper to close. I ask a friend to try it and after many attempts neither of us could work the zipper. I returned the jacket, explained the problem and asked for a full refund or to replace the jacket with one that had an operable zipper. Blair sent the 2nd jacket but deducted $9.99 for shipping. I had no problem with the zipper on the 2nd jacket so it is clear to me that the first one was defective. I called and they said their people denied that the zipper was inoperable so would not refund the $9.99.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Customer Service is very limited. All responses seem to be automated or limited to predetermined responses. My order was processed which took several days. My credit card was then charged and was given a tracking numbers and email saying the order finally shipped. Tracking was given but for over 7 days the tracking information showed only a label was created and the package was never sent to the carrier and was still at Blair. I have contacted Blair Customer Service daily to assist with a lost package at their facility that has never shipped and was told I had wait another 6-8 business days for the package to show up at my home. Several conversations with Blair Customer Service transpired trying to make them understand that he package never shipped and they continued with the same automated response that I must wait, but would give no proof that the shipment occurred.

Again today I have contacted them after talking with the shipping carrier who again confirmed the package has never been sent to them for shipping. Blair has restated again that after another 8 business day they would discuss the matter again. No assistance whatsoever to resolve the issue. We have requested either proof of shipment or a refund to our card. Blair is not willing to assist with any solution. Due to their lack of response to providing an acceptable solution of either shipping the item or refunding our order we have been forced to dispute the charges on our credit card and will no longer be a Blair customer.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I purchased some valances from Blair which seemed to take forever to get in the first place. Secondly when I did receive they were the wrong color so I contacted Blair to see if I could get the correct color of my item. I was told first that I would be charged for other items then I would get a refund when they received other items back. I should not have been charged since it was their mistake. Thirdly, I ask that they send me my item by express mail because it was a Christmas present. I was told by customer service that they did not do express mail. I don't understand why they cannot accommodate me since it was their mistake.

Also, what large company like Blair does not have access to express mail. In order to keep your customers you should be willing to accommodate them when it is your mistake. As I told the customer service lady I will not be making this same mistake twice. I will not order anything ever again from them and I would advice anyone not order from them also.

Blair Company Information