1.08/5
Based on 79 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Urban Outfitters

85 Anthropologie Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a hand carved menagerie buffet as a treat to myself and it comes damaged. The magnetic strip is broken off and I found it lodged inside one of the other cabinets. I paid $2398.40 for this piece and waited months for it. Now I have to wait another 2-3 months for it to be replaced? 2 Thousand something dollars is not a small amount of money. This wasn't the first time I've received damaged furniture either. I keep hoping that it was just a mistake and that they won't disappoint me again but I really have to say something now.

Original review: May 21, 2018

In March, I ordered a platter for my niece's shower. I had it sent. I received a confirmation that it was sent a few days later. When I saw her at her wedding this past weekend, I asked her if she received the platter. She said she received a notice from Anthropologie stating that it was backordered and she never received anything, nor did she know who sent it (it was me, of course). I called Anthropologie and they said, "Oh... The delivery service said they lost it." (What happened to the backorder?) Would I like them to resend it or would I like a credit? I said, "If I didn't call, you would keep the money." They said... it's my responsibility to keep track of these things. I asked them to resend it and was told I would get a receipt via email. I'm still waiting. Long story short... DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. They are unbusinesslike at best, possibly even thieves. I should have read the reviews before I ordered from them.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2018

The online ordering: These people will put a HOLD on your account for returning or not receiving an item after years and years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of shopping expenditures and good reviews. I’m flabbergasted. Most of the furniture and other items in the attached photo are from Anthropologie. How grateful is that?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have been an Anthro member for almost 7 years and I just found out my account is on hold with no way of removing that hold. No one on Anthro Customer service side say they can help me and they won't forward my note to the appeals department either. In the past 7 years I have reported about 7 items undelivered all due to either house moves or building moves. How is that a customer's fault? I am not sure how best to fix this if any. There is no way apparently forever to order anymore. Everyone on their end is completely clueless and won't call to talk either. Wish they would just call and let me know what is it that I need to do to fix it?

Original review: May 7, 2018

Bought off their website because it said Anthropologie Canada, but when you buy it's from the USA in American dollars plus duty and taxes. Wanted to return all merchandise because they are in Toronto and other areas, but want to charge the Canadian consumers American dollars and ship from the USA to charge more. When you go to return the items, can't in a store or they won't give you back your duty and taxes! I lost $160.00 for nothing. Never shop here! They don't care about Canadian consumers! Not surprised Yorkdale closed! Do not support this store! We have enough retailers here! Support Canada!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?

Original review: April 26, 2018

I live in Canada and ordered 3 curtain panels from Anthropologie. I requested postal service for shipping. But they came by an expensive courier service with hefty "processing" fees. I had $80 in fees. It made matters worse that the identical product was delivered in two packages, meaning more fees. When I emailed to complain, the customer service agents sent me vague non-answers. I finally phoned and the agent said "We don't control the way it's delivered," even though I clearly chose postal service. She also refused to forward me to a manger to file a complaint. My only recourse was to email another customer service agent. This was my only bad online shopping experience, and I wish I'd read the reviews here before I ordered from Anthropologie. I thought they had a good reputation! Bottom line: this company really doesn't care about its customers.

Original review: April 18, 2018

After it was all said and done, the "fees" DHL charged me to deliver my package, in addition to the duties, added up to almost as much as the purchase to begin with. A $98 shirt cost me almost $200. There was no warning from Anthropologie when I placed this order and I have never experienced this with any other clothing retailer in the USA. I will not be ordering anything from Anthropologie again. I ordered the same value in goods from another American clothing store and the duties charged for the whole lot, were the same as DHL charged for ONE of 4 items. They are being delivered separately and I have already decided not accept the remaining parcels, I'll be sending them back. I love Anthropologie, but this is just crazy. What a disappointment.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had a bad experience with Anthropologie, but I just have to say first, the person who complained that her account was restricted when she didn't send back an item she had been refunded for because she, and I quote, "couldn't be bothered" is out of line. You can't just keep merchandise you didn't pay for! There are some legitimate complaints here but that's ridiculous. Take some personal responsibility. And for the love of God, make sure your address is up to date. Yeah, it's crummy items can't easily be rerouted, but it's up to the customer to make sure their address is up to date on their payment method.

My complaint is about an in-store incident. I had several items slung over my arm while I was browsing, including a dress that I went there specifically for. It was the last one. An SA came up to me and pulled the dress out of my arms and said "Sorry, I need this for another customer". Like, wtf?! How does an employee think that's okay?! I was shocked! No bueno, Anthro! I've been shopping there for twenty years. I live in NYC so I have several options, but this particular store has the rudest SA's. It isn't the first time I had a bad experience.

A few months ago, an SA at the same store screamed at me for bringing a kimono to the dressing rooms. It was on a hanger and it was huge - I had no idea I couldn't try it on. I wouldn't have argued if she told me politely that it was prohibited to bring into a private room. I wasn't trying to sneak it in or anything. It was really weird so I didn't go to that particular store for a few months. But after what happened last week with the SA ripping the dress out of my hands, my goodwill with that store is DONE. A new Nordstrom just opened and I'll shop there instead.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I ordered a bed in December. Supposed to arrive in March. Never came. Two phone calls to rude reps. It’s been back ordered but with no notification. That’s a violation of FTC laws. I called. Talked to a manager who promised to look into it and call me back that afternoon. Still waiting on that phone call. Wrote to the president of the company and STILL have heard NOTHING! Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 18, 2018

My dad sent me a gift card for $150 in the mail. It was stolen while in transit. The store couldn't do anything to help (cancel the card, refund, issue a new one) and the 1-800 number would not let me use the card because I didn't have the pin (as the card was stolen), and said that there is nothing they can do. So we are out $150 because of theft. I was a manager at Anthro in Santa Monica, and have been a loyal customer for years. This is insulting to be treated like this, and completely horrible customer service. It is clear where the customer stands and that greed is the only value at Anthro. They lost a consumer, and I will be sure to let my retail circle know exactly what the priorities are.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I wanted to order a small, but not inexpensive, ottoman but refused to pay a $150 shipping fee. When I called customer service, I spoke with very condescending, unhelpful representatives (Jessica and Joannah, specifically). Almost every other furniture retailer, including Ballard, Urban Outfitters, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, World Market, Pottery Barn - the list goes on - has a cheaper flat-rate, or a more fair per-item shipping fee. Why does Anthropologie think they can swindle their customers? When I told Jessica I would no longer be shopping at Anthropologie, her response was a curt, "Ok." This company DOES NOT value its customers.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I placed an order on March 2nd. I paid for the majority of the order with PayPal and a small amount with an Anthro gift card. PayPal has my correct shipping address and filled it in the order but when I used that gift card Anthropologie changed the shipping to an older address. We are a military family and move every few years. We are nowhere near that address. Again though PayPal had my correct address down on my email receipt. Well later that evening part of my order shipped with UPS and when I looked at the email confirmation I noticed the discrepancy with the addresses. I immediately called customer service and spoke with a rep who intercepted the UPS order and changed the address. I asked her then if I should cancel the remaining two items and she said no because once they ship I could call them and they would have it rerouted. Okay.

The next day a shirt shipped from the same order bug with USPS this time. No big deal I thought. I was just told 24 hours prior they could rerouted it. I called again and spoke with rep #2. "No", she said. They can only reroute UPS orders. "No worries", she said. "You are protected if someone at your old address keeps your shirt." She guaranteed that. She said to call if that happens and they would refund my money. Okay. Well it got delivered to old address and I called today and spoke with rep #3. I explained everything and she said they could not help me at all. She said reps #1&2 were both wrong. I asked why they couldn't honor what I was told. She said the only thing that they could do is train their reps better.

Wow! I reiterated to her that I was fully prepared to cancel the order to avoid this exact thing but was told by rep #1 that I would get my package. I have shopped with Anthropologie for over a decade. All I want is to be treated fairly. I'm not trying to scheme for a free shirt or money. The customer service is horrible. They are allowed to just tell you -the consumer- whatever they want. I will never shop with this business again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

On February 5, 2018 I placed an order for a swimsuit, shirt and a pair of shoes. On February 8, I got an email saying "Your order is on its way." I received 1/2 of my swimsuit. On February 10, I got another email indicating "Your order is on its way." and the shirt was delivered. So February 11 (early am), I get charged for the other half of my swimsuit. But I hadn't heard anything about the shoes I had ordered so I called. The agent told me they were waiting until someone made a return before I could receive them. I couldn't believe it, she told me that they were out of stock (that was nowhere online when I ordered them). Since I was on the phone I asked about the swimsuit that was charged the day before and asked when would it be shipped. She said it should be shipped that day or night. On February 12, I get charged for the shoes I had ordered.

On February 13, I am wondering why I hadn't gotten an email telling me that my swimsuit had shipped and to ask about the shoes also charged (there must have been a pair returned). I called and ask why my item hadn't shipped yet. I got a helpful agent that found both items and spoke to her supervisor and she said she would overnight both items. The shoes are on their way to be delivered overnight. I will get them today, but my swimsuit top still has not left Anthropologie and it's February 14 (3:00pm). So I called again to see what was up. I was told by Jalonda that I was wrong, that everything was shipped in a timely manner and that the agent could not have made any changes nor could she do anything for me for the swimsuit. She says it shipped but she could not provide the tracking number. It's been four days since they charged my account and the item has not left Anthropologie.

Additionally, I asked Jalonda (she identified herself as a supervisor) who the supervisor was yesterday so that I could talk to someone familiar with the situation and she would not answer me, she would not give me her name. I had a positive encounter the day before, That supervisor gave me 30% off for my troubles, inconvenience and the fact it was 10 days since I ordered from them. I did confirm with Jalonda that in fact I did receive 30% off. (I guess my conversation the day before did happen).

It's uncomfortable asking for help and being told 1. That I was wrong. 2. That the conversation I had could not have happened. That no special accommodations were made (even though I did get 30% off) and obviously there were since my shoes were overnighted to me. 3. That she didn't care that an item I am counting on is lost and she could care less. I love Anthropologie's clothes and stores but there is a real disconnect with their online system and shipping. I will not be ordering online again. On a side note: I placed another order on February 9 (4 items) and I received it all together in one package on February 12. The difference between the two experiences is staggering.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

On the 22nd, I placed an order that sat in a status of "not yet shipped" for about a week. I called the general customer service number on Monday to see if I could find out what was going on. I was told by Rep #1 (numbering the Anthropologie employees that I spoke to is important-) that the company was having trouble locating the item that I'd purchased (to echo a sentiment expressed in a recent post about items being available when you place your order, but not for shipping-) and that most likely, I wouldn't get my order.

I was disappointed, but I said, "Okay, then, please cancel my order." I was told by Rep #1 that due to the item's status, she was unable to do so based on what she saw on her end in the system and that I'd have to contact the store that I'd selected my item to be shipped to directly. So I called the store and spoke quickly and briefly with Rep #2. She took my order number and my name and phone number. About an hour later, Rep #3 who identified himself as a member of management called to tell me that the order was canceled. I thanked him.

Yesterday in the late morning, I received an email telling me that my order was ready to be picked up. I found this odd since Rep #3 called me the evening prior to confirming my order's cancellation. Even odder was that upon looking at my Anthropologie account, the order was still listed as "not yet shipped". This brings us to today. Before heading out on my lunch break, I was looking at something my bank account app and spotted a pending charge from Anthropologie... in the amount of my allegedly canceled order... that was dated for the date that my order was canceled, 1/29.

I called the customer service number again and Rep #4 told me that the charges happen when the item is picked up. I advised that I didn't pick my the order that in fact, I called to cancel it. She stated that she didn't know why the charge happened, but that it wasn't atypical (Huh?), so I asked to speak with a supervisor because at that point, I was frustrated and frankly feeling a bit of the runaround. Rep #4 wasn't rude, but I didn't understand entirely what she was saying. Rep #5, a supervisor with a kind voice, allowed me to tell my tale of woe.

He asked me for the customer service number on the card that I'd used in the purchase the intervene and remove the charge. He advised that it would taken care of. He echoed Rep #4's information regarding the charge happening upon item pick up. I thanked him and went about my way. This is when I noticed an email from Anthropologie's financial department advising that the charges were placed for items that had yet to be picked up and that they couldn't be removed. The email went on to state that the order will reauthorize every 7 days until the items are picked up or canceled by the store. The authorizations fall off every week within my bank's standard processing timeframe, usually 3 business days.

The issue here is that my order was canceled per my conversation with Rep #3 on Monday. Livid, I called back and reached Rep #6, another supervisor. I feel bad - because I really didn't want to hear what she had to say if it wasn't that the charges were going to be removed and that my order was canceled. She ultimately ended up placing me on hold and contact the store that I spoke with on Monday.

When she came back, she advised that my order was canceled. I asked if there was any type of confirmation regarding that given the fact that I had been told a multitude of different things at that point. She told me that there wasn't anything she could send other than a follow up email detailing our conversation and ultimate resolution. She also suggested my calling to confirm cancellation at the store myself. Which I did. And spoke with Rep #7, who was incredibly confused when gave her the rundown of what had happened.

Rep #6 told me that his organization would reach out to my financial institution after asking me for that pending charge that Anthropologie at this point fraudulently placed on my account to be removed. Between speaking with him and Rep #7, I received email correspondence telling me that the charge could not in fact be removed.

THIS IS FALSE. I just spoke with my bank who gave me the number of the department that IS able to remove the charge... Anthropologie simply needs to contact them. This was literally information exchanged in a matter of 2 minutes. What this tells me is that Anthropologie did NOT try to have the charge removed as Rep #6 claimed that he would. My bank told me that upon speaking with the vendor, the charge would be removed immediately.

After providing Anthropologie with the information from my bank, and receiving email confirmation (which means nothing... clearly) from Anthropologie stating that they'd taken care of the issue, I naturally call my bank to see what actually happened and my bank has no record of this attempt on Anthropologie's part. They advised that if Anthropologie did reach out to them, that the information they provided was not what the bank needed in order to clear the charge. The last supervisor that I spoke with notated nothing on the account. There is literally no record of the call. At this point, I feel as though my only option is to begin this complaint process.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I’ve been a loyal Anthropologie shopper for years. I loved the store and their unique items. I never had a bad customer service experience until today. I enjoyed shopping at the store because of the great customer service, but since my bad experience I will no longer shop there. I tried using a birthday coupon and was told I couldn’t use it because it’s not valid on the items I wanted to use it to purchase. Customer service was rude and even the supervisor I spoke to was rude. As a customer I’m expected to know which items it can be used on and which ones it can’t.

This seems silly. Why should I have to keep track of all of this information? It’s not easy to find anywhere on the website or on the item you are purchasing. After reading all the horror stories about gift cards, being taxed on shipping and not being credited correctly when items are returned, I am no longer loyal to the brand and will spend my money elsewhere. Great customer service is everything, and I am disappointed Anthropologie has let me and so many others down.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Placed an order for some kitchen utensils and table runner mid-December, by end of December the package still had no tracking info #UPSfail. However, I sent an email to Anthro asking to check on it but instead they cancel the order and issue a refund, which was not my request, and made no effort to offer submitting a new order. I sent two emails over the next two days inquiring how to repurchase as I bought on sale and didn't receive a response. Hence the final email to cancel the entire order including backorder items. I stated my disappointment in my email and all I got was a 'sorry to hear that'... so I called this time. While the woman I talked to was very nice, it was just more 'sorry to hear that'. Then after I stated I worked for a major CGP and would never respond to my unhappy consumers this way she finally asked 'what can I do to make this better?'.

Anthro customer service here's a tip, provide some make good option to your consumer vs. asking them for the answer!!! She finally offered to send me a 20% off coupon that expires in two months (really an expiration date that close???). She did offer to resubmit my order at the original cost, which I declined because I am done with Anthro. I've dropped some serious cash in that store in the last couple years and I'm done! The retail margins they make on their products are on the high side so offering some type of discount to make your consumer's experience shouldn't be such a teeth pulling activity. I'm completely disappointed... #doneshoppingAnthropologie

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I received a $125 gift card from my mom and placed an order that totaled $127. I used PayPal to account for the extra $2 but upon getting the Anthropologie shipping receipt noticed that my PayPal shipping address was incorrect. It went to my previous address as I just moved the month prior. Immediately, I called customer service but got no answer as it was after hours so I messaged two different departments. Both times I received messages back the next day saying once the order is submitted it’s final and that no changes can be made. The thing is, I entered my correct mailing address on the Anthropologie order but somehow the $2 PayPal charge caused the entire order to default to the old address.

I take personal responsibility for the error in address; however, it’s quite ridiculous that a change can’t be made immediately following the transaction. Both customer service reps referred me to the shipper, On Trac, who is absolutely useless. I tried calling them repeatedly, at the number given to me by both Anthropologie reps. They never answered the line - not once. I filled out an online request to reroute with On Trac 3 days prior to delivery but never received a response until the day after it was delivered to the incorrect address. In that response, they informed me that they couldn’t do anything as it had already been delivered. As soon as I received notice of delivery, my husband (a USPS driver) was in the area and went to our old address, which is still vacant, and although On Trac stated it was delivered, there was no package there. He even checked with our old neighbors but it was not there.

One silver lining is that a single dish towel was on back order. UPS sent me a notice that they were delivering so I was easily able to reroute that package and I received the item. Very simple. I used to love Anthropologie but after this experience, I will never order from them again. I made sure to let my mom know, too, so that she doesn’t waste her money as the package never arrived nor have I received any correspondence from them to help remedy the situation. In this day and age of Amazon Prime competition, using sub-par shipping companies to fulfill customer orders won’t fly and Anthropologie needs to step up its game. This whole experience was an utter waste of time and money and from seeing so many similar reviews on here, I would take my business elsewhere until they can figure out a way to take better care of their customers.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

So disappointed by the whole experience of trying to order some products from Anthropologie.com. After placing order I received a text message from a complete stranger asking if I have her package. Yes, in fact our orders have been swapped and now my personal information including address and phone number have been given to a stranger.

Called customer service on two separate occasions to try to resolve and make sure I received the items I ordered on Nov 30th before Christmas. Upon my first call to customer service (12/5) I was told one of my items is now out of stock so I’m out of luck but they will place a new order for the other item in the order. Okay, I will get my refund for the portion that is out of stock and still get the other items. I was sent a shipping label and had to go out of my way to bring this other person's order to the post office to return the incorrect items I received back to Anthropologie.

Never received any order or shipping confirmation for the replacement items and still have not received refund for out of stock item. After calling in a second time I am done with the stress and hassle and request a full refund of the order as it does not appear I will be getting my replacement items as promised and customer service rep tells me it is has been processing for a week with no indication of when it will actually ship. Still have not received any replacement items or refund for an order that was placed in November. Very frustrating to be dealing with this before the holidays and I will not be purchasing from Anthropologie again after this hassle.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Bought a winter sweater in fall 2017, 3 months later wore it once washed it per directions on label and the thing literally unraveled like cheap carpet from Home Depot. I went back expecting no problems at all. After all we sign up for the Anthro card to avoid problems like this. The store manager said she couldn’t do anything because it was no longer in their system. WTF. THE THING IS 3 MONTHS OLD! Ok...Then an awkward silence, they sent me on my way. They basically stole my money. I went online to their return policy website, which clearly stated if you have a failing item no questions asked, WELL THAT'S A BIG LIE!!! Anywho, no shopping there ever ever again. I feel taken, especially since we pay a premium price to have a good return policy. Not to mention their clothes have significantly declined in quality, but the prices stayed the same. Hmmmm… Maybe H and M doesn't seem so bad...

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Tried using a gift card online, however the pin code tore off when I was trying to reveal it. Customer Service said they have several calls a week about this problem, but they are unable to help me. I have the barcode, but still they would not help me. They told me I "might" be able to get it swapped at a store. If I am unable to swap it, Anthropologie got their money and they don't care if I can use their card!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I created an account 4 years ago when I purchased something, so when I ordered recently, I logged in, and breezed through checkout. I noticed when I got the confirmation email that the shipping address was a previous residence that I have not lived in for over 3 years. I immediately called customer service. Waited on hold for 35 minutes, only to be told they could not change the shipping address, nor could they cancel the order! I was told to wait for the tracking number email, then call back and they would re-route the shipment. A day later, I got the shipping tracking number. I called back, waited on hold for 45 min, only to be disconnected. Called back and after another 30 min of waiting, the representative told me that they could not change the shipping address because they sent the package USPS.

The best they could do is wait until the package was returned to the warehouse and cancel the item then! What?! So after 1hr and 50 min of waiting, I learn that they could do nothing. What kind of e-commerce company can't change a shipping address, let alone cancel an order right after it is placed and 24 hours before it is packaged and shipped? Who knows whether I will ever see the items I bought or ever be refunded. Unbelievable. I'll never shop at Anthropologie again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I received a DIRTY kimono that was over $150 - it arrived with the entire top of the bag open and it was literally delivered hanging out of the bag on my dirty porch. I contacted "customer service" to get the runaround to finally be told they would refund my money after I asked for a discount to get the item professionally cleaned. NO RETURN LABEL was enclosed and I don't have time to be bothered. My parcels simply don't arrive OPEN and damaged under normal circumstances. I received no email about having to return the item. NONE. So 30+ days later I get a rude email from them stating my account is RESTRICTED for "nonpayment" for the item I was not asked to send back. In fact, I spend THOUSANDS there a year and also a free people... To be treated like this and cut off with NO WARNING is inexcusable.

I contacted them via email many times to get lies and they cut and pasted their standard response telling me that's the email message I received after I had already sent them proof of what I actually received which was not what they told me even after my fwd email was evidence. They didn't even forward the message they claimed I received but just pasted a generic message in an email back to me stating the block remains until I pay them. Guess what? I'm done. I won't be treated like this as a high spender at a store. These people are awful. They act like they are a monopoly and you will steal beg and borrow for their clothing. Nope... Looks like I'll save myself thousands of dollars a year because I will shop elsewhere.

I refuse to be treated this way and have had it. Mind you, recently I've had problem orders be it poor quality or arriving damaged... Or without tags - used. Do yourselves a favor. Steer clear of this place. They are rude, they offer no customer service, they ignore emails where you provide proof of your claims, they do nothing but run people off. I won't need clothes for another year anyway. I'm good. Screw you Anthropologie... Go ** your other customers over and have them hovering over a barrel to get back into your door to give you more money... It's a stupid matter, you lied, you then ban me from your website which ultimately robs you of thousands of dollars... Lol. You're idiots.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I’ve ordered from Anthropologie many times and pretty much every other order has an issue. I’ve had at least 3 (separate) items arrive broken because the item whether China, ceramic, glass had simply been placed in a box. No other packaging whatsoever was included not even another piece of cardboard to stop the item moving. I've been sent completely different items to the ones ordered for - example a huge metal lamp shade instead of a Beast's feast platter, with the delivery note inside the box stating it’s a Beast's feast platter. All sorts of random clothes. When you get mail the customer services no ever gets back to you. POOR, POOR... POOR. Properly fed up - won’t be using again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I go to checkout and get all the way through payment and then I'm told nothing in my cart is available anymore, in 2 minutes all 15 items were bought because their website doesn't reserve even for a second, things you are currently in the process of buying. What an absolute disappointment. Also Anthropologie quality has gone way down, it used to be amazing and not anymore.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Bought a piece of furniture, returned it and instead they refunded me for a piece of clothing bought on the same order! I'm out $1500 and cant get anyone who isn't rude to help me over the phone! Said it was refunded correctly, and my card was refunded. It wasn't. Now I have to wait and dispute it with my credit card company. Over the top rude customer service and no response to my emails. Even though they are open seven days a week. Use to be my favorite place to shop and spent thousands per year there. I'm done!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I returned an item that I previously ordered from you in July (see attached screenshot). I returned it soon thereafter due to the poor workmanship of the garment. That order date was July 15 & to this date, 9/13 I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND! I called Anthropologie on August 14 & spoke to your customer service department. I was assured that I would see the refund within 72 hours​. Still NO REFUND as of today! I called your customer service department once again & Keisha told me it "got stuck" whatever that means. I asked Keisha for her name & she was very disrespectful because I asked for her name. Her reply, "Why do you need my name" very snottily. I told her it was just good business practice to inquire the names of who I spoke to & the dates.

Update: I just received an email notice that there was a return given. It's still not in my PayPal account though. After all of this time, it would be good practice on Anthropologie’s part to at least return the shipping charges back to me but NO! Last year I ordered a white top & it was sent to me completely trashed. It had gray to black stains all over it as if it was drug on the floor of a warehouse. I couldn't believe the awful condition it was in. I called & informed your customer service dept & they were going to give me a 20% credit on a future item. When I tried to use the credit, I was given a series of emails denying the credit pretending as if it never happened... even though I forwarded that person the emails of the credit. Unbelievable!!!

It's very obvious that you don't care about the consumer. That's been displayed to me again & again. I'm going to spread your inept & bad attitude as well as awful service as much as I can over social media. That may mean nothing to you but I hope it makes an impact to drive consumers away from you & your site. Hopefully they will purchase their items from a site that is worthy because certainly you’re not.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I saw two dresses online that I liked and I saw that they were available at the Bloor store in Yorkville Toronto. I didn't have the time to go to the store as I was leaving for vacation soon so I ordered them online. To my surprise they were not shipped from the local store but from the US and they did not arrive together but separately so I had to pay duties of $72 for a dress that was $134 which I found later was on sale at the Toronto store for $99!

Then I had to pay another $97 in duties for the second dress which was $190. I couldn't believe it. When I placed the order it presented as though it would ship from the Bloor store, nowhere did it say it was not coming from there but from the States where I'd have to pay outrageous shipping and duty charges. I called to complain but got rude and abrupt response simply stating they ship from a distribution center and can't do anything about the duties. I will never shop from Anthropologie again. I am beyond disgusted.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I bought a chair from Anthropologie online, the first time I had made a purchase from the USA, and I had high expectations, given the well-known American emphasis on customer service and the fact I was spending several hundred pounds. Sadly this was without doubt the worst example of customer service I have ever come across. Firstly they sent the wrong chair. An honest mistake I assumed, confident that, as with any other normal decent company, they would take it back and send me the correct one, at no cost to myself, or - if that wasn't possible - fully refund me. Lesson = they are not a normal or decent company. Firstly I was told the chair I had bought and paid for was no longer in stock. Disappointing, however nothing as to what came next. Turns out it's against their policy to come and collect their own goods, even if wrongly sent. Instead I was expected to pack the chair up again and organise a courier to collect it, at my own cost.

After several emails and phone calls, and much stressful haggling, they finally agreed they would refund me my shipping fees once the item was returned. However, as if to rub my nose in it, when I eventually received a cheque in the post, not only had my shipping fee been converted into dollars - to my financial detriment - but (because it was a foreign cheque, which costs a British bank to process) I received only a portion of the refund, after bank charges had been deducted. In sum, they made a mistake with my order - yet at no point did they take responsibility or try to make my life any easier - the opposite in fact. Never again!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I live in the UK and bought a side table from Anthropologie. The table had a defect on the top so I emailed Anthropologie and a replacement was sent. I tried a number of times to get Anthropologie to collect the defective table but my emails were ignored. Eventually I received an email asking me to return the table. I gave two dates for this to be collected and on neither date was it collected. More mails to Anthropologie and I gave another date (today) and again no sign of this being collected.

I have had a huge box stuck in my house for two months. I told Anthropologie if it wasn't collected today I would dispose of it, and they had the cheek to say they will bill me a second time. My credit card company said to keep emails as proof, as if billed again the card company will raise a dispute. I think two months with a huge box stuck in my house is being pretty patient. I should charge them for three days loss of pay and storage. Dreadful company, never again.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I recently moved from Arizona to Florida. I've been a customer of the Anthropologie/ Free People /Urban brands for years. When I placed an order for a Christmas gift in November, it was accidentally delivered to an old address. I contacted Anthropologie when it was in transit, but they were unable to intercept. Afterwards, I asked for help retrieving the package, and they said they were unable... so I disputed the charge with my bank and got it reversed. I then drove to my closest store, and bought the items again, since they were to be a gift.

This weekend I placed another order online, and Anthropologie cancelled it... stating that until I pay for the disputed items, all future items would be canceled. This is a piss poor way to do business. I didn't receive my items, and replaced them at myself. So their customer service solution is to prevent all future orders over a $70 charge. The order I place this weekend alone was more than that, and doesn't even reflect my purchases in store or with your other brands. The cut off your nose to spite your face is adolescent at best.

Anthropologie Company Information

www.anthropologie.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business