Urban Outfitters

3.8/5 (368 ratings)

About Anthropologie

Anthropologie Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I ordered shoes in April that never came but I still get emails saying they will be sent in May then August and now September. If I had known they would take this long I would never have ordered them but when I bought them, the listing said they would be available in a couple weeks. This was very misleading.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Ordered shower curtain, package delivered empty, when I called, the person said to file police report and call back with report #? I got a police report # saying item might have been stolen from package, Anthro person said they don’t take police reports and sorry. I called my cc card and told them situation, they credited my card and said they would contact Anthropologie. I just received email from Anthro saying my account is on hold and that includes Urban Outfitters and their other companies until I provide a credit card and pay amt that they were charged back, any of my orders would be cancelled and any other future orders would not be allowed?!? They ABSOLUTELY SUCK! I’ve shopped with them over 15 years and I will never do it again. (Of course they won’t let me) LOL

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Just horrible all around. I ordered a set of small bowls and three other larger bowls from a wedding gift registry, to be wrapped with a message of good wishes. They sent the set of bowls separately with no wrapping and no message. They were set to send the other three bowls, each in a separate box, each gift wrapped separately and charged so, and each arriving at different times with only one message on one bowl. When I called to ask what we could do to fix the situation they said, they could cancel the second order because it hadn't been sent yet. They could not send the three separate bowls together. Period. They did not want to fix the situation at all. They did not even recognize that their system is confusing and not at all conducive to sending a gift. Confusing system. Horrible service. I will never shop from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Call Anthropologie corporate offices to voice your concern about its discriminatory blacklisting policy. The number is (215) 454-5500. This company clearly doesn’t understand customer service or retention.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I am a long time Anthropologie shopper and I was given a gift card 10 months ago. I went to use it online several days ago and the PIN number came off when I peeled the tape off (the gift card is made out of cardboard). I was told by customer service to email copies of the front and back of the gift card to 2 different emails which I did. They have not been able to help me and keep telling me to go back to the store where it was purchased. I have told them numerous times the store is no longer open. I called another local store and they told me that they can't take the gift card without a pin number. They have all told me that they cannot help me so I guess they are now up $100 by not honoring their defective gift card.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Never purchase gift cards from Anthropologie or Bhldn. There's no expiration on these cards, but if you wait too long they become "invalid" and trying to get anyone in customer service to help you use the gift card is a joke. They give you the run around for MONTHS and then give you attitude when you ask them for resolution instead of being shuffled off. No one helps, you just get shuffled to the next person only to be shuffled back to the same person who shuffled you away weeks before. TERRIBLE service. Will never purchase gift cards from either of these organizations. Purchase at your own risk. The one you gifted will not get to actually use the money (without going through obstacle after obstacle of headaches).

Original review: April 9, 2021

I’ve been buying from Anthropologie for years and and never had an issue. I purchased some clothes back in October and returned by mail some items because of Covid and they come and tell me 6 months later that they haven’t received them. After a few days of mailing my return I got the refund so as always, didn’t think twice about it. They are now wanting me to return pay for what they didn’t received when those items are returned and not in my control that the post office lost them or who knows! I’ve called twice and they offer no solution and they are horrible at their customer service, they refuse to tell me what items they have or not received and they expect me to re pay blindly. They sound like they are scamming people. Idk what to believe since I’ve made ti time to call and solve the situation. Be careful cause they may be scamming you too!!!!

Original review: March 22, 2021

Just be aware they will charge you the item you returned 6 months later and put you in their blacklist. I would give -1 star if I could. I've always a very loyal customer of Anthropologie, I've been frequently shopping on their site since 2013, I even bought my wedding dress there. On 4/22/2020 I bought a couple of things including one BHLDN dress size 2. It wasn't my size but I still I want to give it a chance, I didn't know that was a beginning of a big mistake. Long story short I returned the dress with another 3 items, I have the record from USPS, return slip.

However, 6 months later I saw there was a new charge $130 from Anthropologie, I felt weird because I didn't shop on their site that month. And after I talked with them I just realised that they claimed they didn't receive the dress I returned so they charged from the credit card I used. This is absolutely ridiculous, because first of all I swore to GOD I returned that dress. And more than that dress. I returned overall 3-4 items, put them in the same box, they received the rest of them but not the dress? I asked them to give me the proof the dress wasn't in the box or the weight record of the package from the post office. They couldn't provide. To me, charge me for something I don't own, it's stealing!!!

Second, if they didn't receive it they should contact me immediately or even just before they charged me, not charging me 6 months later without any notification. I contacted them at least 3, 4 times they always tell me it's a systemic error and they'll refund me but it never happened. What's even worse is after they charged me for the item I never have, they put me on their blacklist. While I'm still waiting for their investigation for a month, I found all the recent orders I placed have been canceled. The orders that I spent hours shopped on their site, they cancelled it with no reason. I tried to contact them many many times, of course, they never contact you back after they "investigate" as they promise. And now I can't even place any order on their sister company Urban Outfitter!

I can't believe they are this evil, this is definitely the worst shopping experience I ever have, especially I love this brand so much and it accompanies me for so many years. But it's time to say Goodbye, this world is never lack of good brand. Only the one treat value their customer will be successful. As so many similar awful reviews I read about Anthropologie I can foresee in a soon future they'll lose a ton of their loyal customers they've been working so hard on for years soon.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My experience is over an item I returned and they not only did not credit my account but when I disputed the charge on my credit card they froze my account. It happened when I made an online purchase and returned it in the store after they cancelled my order and sent it to me later so I returned it. It has taken months to argue my case and provide the store with copies of all order, return and related documents including the bag they shipped it in and the return receipt from the store. Their process is unforgivable and as much as I enjoy lots of the clothing they sell, I will never go there again. I am very sad that they did this to me as the staff in their stores are generally very nice and helpful but this was out of their hands. Bye Anthropologie????

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have been a fan of Anthro for many years purchasing both furniture/big ticket items (I also purchased from them to overhaul my corporate office spending around $45k in a single Purchase) as well as their clothes and home goods. Each year the brand gets worse than the year before and I keep wondering when they will course correct and it all stems from poor customer service or experiences. Furniture orders are at the top of the list for worst experience in terms of quality control (damaged or cheap pieces) and then dealing with third party companies to actually get your furniture, anthro corporate changing when items will be built and shipped - I always get the run around and when you are paying $2400 for a chair and $4000 for a bed you would think service and quality would be there but it’s not.

In terms of online - they need a new inventory management system. In the last two years if I buy more than 4 items in a single order I usually get an email 2 weeks after placing the order a certain item sold out and the order was cancelled. Very slow shipping and processing times where I'm waiting 3 weeks for items when the site makes it sound like I’ll receive the goods in a 5 days.

But what sent me over the edge to write this review is their ambiguity and lack of service with returning items in the store. On receipts some items say you can’t return in the store (furniture, bathing suits) but most items do NOT have that label so you attempt to return in store and they say they can’t accept it. I asked an employee in store for help decoding how am I supposed to know which items I can return in store or not as the item I tried to return didn’t have the “CANNOT RETIRN IN STORE” line item like other items in my order, and her response was - "You need to cal the store beforehand on each item to confirm as the site and receipt is not reliable".... Something doesn’t math out. If y’all want to be a bargain store and cut corners on service and quality - no prob - but charge bargain prices. I'm sad to write this review - because I loved the store so much, but it’s time to move on and save others from the pain of anthropologie.

Anthropologie Company Information