Urban Outfitters

3.7/5 (200 ratings)

About Anthropologie

Anthropologie Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Many of the clothes on Anthropologie do not look like they do in person. Example: colors may be vibrant in photos and very washed out in person. Also, their return policy is horrible. You can return an item, they receive it within a few days, but they take 2-3 weeks to issue a refund AFTER they have received the item(s). Overall, their items (mostly made in China) are too pricey for the quality, and the customer service is lacking.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I purchased two hanging pendant lights, and inspected them upon receipt to check for damage. A few months later when I went to hang them up in my new home, I noticed that the box only contained the shades and none of the hardware that was supposed to be included (we purchased the hard wired versions). I immediately contacted Anthropologie to ask if the hardware was sent separately? They said no, it should be in the box. But there was nothing. Shockingly, the company is refusing to send the missing hardware/light component and they are also refusing to refund the purchase because I received it more than 30 days ago.

This feels like a scam. I am truly bewildered that a company as big as Anthropologie and with its reputation would take this position. Basically, buyer beware to anyone who buys from this company that is selling expensive home products without taking any responsibility for its own errors or about the fact it is selling goods that can’t even be used for their intended purpose.

I would expect this from some random cheap company trying to scam people out of a quick buck but not from a company like Anthropologie. Now I have two oversized lamp shades that are completely worthless to me. Truly shocking experience! A message to Anthropologie executives: you will have zero staying power if you treat customers like this. Customers: stick to the Crate &Barrels and CB2s of the world, who have real customer service.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I have been a loyal Anthropologie shopper since the company started. I always have been able to find unique pieces and most of my wardrobe has been purchased from this company. Over the last 6 months I have visited a large scale store on a regular basis, coming out empty handed. The variety and selection appears to be limited to a younger demographic 20-30's. Most items are either too short, have cut-outs or are backless and not age appropriate for the 50-60 year old woman. This demographic group is normally able to afford the prices of Anthropologie apparel, yet it appears our needs have gone by the wayside. Most items I have ordered online, I have returned. Please bring back the timeless Anthropologie apparel aesthetic: stylish and unique for a variety of age groups from 20's to 60's.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I have loved Anthropologie over the years ordered thousands of dollars of household items. Then, they offered a clothing line, loved the styles so I was excited to start shopping for clothes and jewelry. Spent quite a bit of money. I found that the clothes were either great quality or very poor quality but I still ordered from them taking the chance. But, then I noticed they would charge my credit card twice for the same item. I reached out to their customer service which is outsourced. I was promised that someone would follow up with me about these errors. No one did which was frustrating so I had to file a credit card dispute.

Now they’ve flagged my account so I can’t order from them. No one has ever reached out to me which really sucks but it sends a message to be done with them. Too bad Anthropologie, you had years and years with a customer who was willing to pay more for some things that were probably not worth the price. It’s a shame because I can’t recommend anyone order from you, unless you want to risk being charged in error. If you dispute it no one in their customer service will help you!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

In December 2021 I ordered several items. A day after purchase I was told they were on backorder, a month later they cancelled my orders. I ordered 3 mugs January and they arrived in two separate orders and one is back ordered until April. Yet they are still selling the back ordered mug online. I emailed customer service and the response was dismissive. This has consistently been a problem for the last several years, orders being cancelled, not refunded or taking months to show up. I have shopped at Anthro for over 15 years, but I will never order online with them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Anthropologie charged me 4x for an order on backlog that was eventually cancelled (only because I spotted it before Anthropologie charged me anymore!). 2 months later I STILL haven’t received a refund. I’ve contacted the support team 5 times about this issue, each time with new promises made but nothing followed through. Horrific customer service. Give me back my money. Clearly no understanding of the damage caused to customers with issues like this. I hope someone senior sees this. I am furious.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I have made 2 separate online purchases from Anthropologie. One in late November and one in late December. They ended up canceling both of my orders. One supposedly shipped but never moved. The other they didn't have the product. Both times I was assured that the products were coming my way. When I reached out to customer service after they cancelled the last order they said that they didn't have the product. It appears to me that it is a practice of theirs to advertise and take payment for items that they don't have.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I ordered few mugs as Christmas presents one item kept canceling. When I ask about the order the customer representative called Chityala just dropped on me wasting 10 minutes after a long chat. They never said it got canceled but said or it's back in stock pay the price and pay for shipping and take it. Then I talked to a another person who even didn't bother to spell my email (he said whatever those letters are) and said he just went on blabbering a new order number and said I didn't listen to him properly. Then he started swearing at me. After waiting over a month and two very rude customer representatives I had to pay the original price (my order was from their sale). This is the last time I'm doing business with them. Funny thing is you can't review them over in Google or Facebook: they know they are bad. They don't want to show their real bad crude attitude towards customers but show they are so fun and whimsical. Well NO MORE!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I purchased a Xmas present for my wife on the 14th of December, they took my order and confirmed the order to be delivered before the 24th. Last minutes I received an email saying the order is cancelled. Today is the 23th. Screw you guys. You are so ** up you should not be in business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Like others have said.. Don’t order from here if you want to get your item. I’ve had so many issues in the past 2 years that there is not enough space to say what happened other than it’s a crap schute if you get your Items. Also customer service doesn’t seem to care.. and not willing to help other than to refund your money. So disappointing and getting ready to stop shopping here. Laser ship (of of their shipping companies) is just as bad!!

Anthropologie Company Information