Urban Outfitters

3.8/5 (374 ratings)

About Anthropologie

Anthropologie Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?

Original review: May 4, 2022

I have been a loyal Anthropologie shopper since the company started. I always have been able to find unique pieces and most of my wardrobe has been purchased from this company. Over the last 6 months I have visited a large scale store on a regular basis, coming out empty handed. The variety and selection appears to be limited to a younger demographic 20-30's. Most items are either too short, have cut-outs or are backless and not age appropriate for the 50-60 year old woman. This demographic group is normally able to afford the prices of Anthropologie apparel, yet it appears our needs have gone by the wayside. Most items I have ordered online, I have returned. Please bring back the timeless Anthropologie apparel aesthetic: stylish and unique for a variety of age groups from 20's to 60's.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I have loved Anthropologie over the years ordered thousands of dollars of household items. Then, they offered a clothing line, loved the styles so I was excited to start shopping for clothes and jewelry. Spent quite a bit of money. I found that the clothes were either great quality or very poor quality but I still ordered from them taking the chance. But, then I noticed they would charge my credit card twice for the same item. I reached out to their customer service which is outsourced. I was promised that someone would follow up with me about these errors. No one did which was frustrating so I had to file a credit card dispute.

Now they’ve flagged my account so I can’t order from them. No one has ever reached out to me which really sucks but it sends a message to be done with them. Too bad Anthropologie, you had years and years with a customer who was willing to pay more for some things that were probably not worth the price. It’s a shame because I can’t recommend anyone order from you, unless you want to risk being charged in error. If you dispute it no one in their customer service will help you!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

In December 2021 I ordered several items. A day after purchase I was told they were on backorder, a month later they cancelled my orders. I ordered 3 mugs January and they arrived in two separate orders and one is back ordered until April. Yet they are still selling the back ordered mug online. I emailed customer service and the response was dismissive. This has consistently been a problem for the last several years, orders being cancelled, not refunded or taking months to show up. I have shopped at Anthro for over 15 years, but I will never order online with them again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Anthropologie charged me 4x for an order on backlog that was eventually cancelled (only because I spotted it before Anthropologie charged me anymore!). 2 months later I STILL haven’t received a refund. I’ve contacted the support team 5 times about this issue, each time with new promises made but nothing followed through. Horrific customer service. Give me back my money. Clearly no understanding of the damage caused to customers with issues like this. I hope someone senior sees this. I am furious.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I have made 2 separate online purchases from Anthropologie. One in late November and one in late December. They ended up canceling both of my orders. One supposedly shipped but never moved. The other they didn't have the product. Both times I was assured that the products were coming my way. When I reached out to customer service after they cancelled the last order they said that they didn't have the product. It appears to me that it is a practice of theirs to advertise and take payment for items that they don't have.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I ordered few mugs as Christmas presents one item kept canceling. When I ask about the order the customer representative called Chityala just dropped on me wasting 10 minutes after a long chat. They never said it got canceled but said or it's back in stock pay the price and pay for shipping and take it. Then I talked to a another person who even didn't bother to spell my email (he said whatever those letters are) and said he just went on blabbering a new order number and said I didn't listen to him properly. Then he started swearing at me. After waiting over a month and two very rude customer representatives I had to pay the original price (my order was from their sale). This is the last time I'm doing business with them. Funny thing is you can't review them over in Google or Facebook: they know they are bad. They don't want to show their real bad crude attitude towards customers but show they are so fun and whimsical. Well NO MORE!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I purchased a Xmas present for my wife on the 14th of December, they took my order and confirmed the order to be delivered before the 24th. Last minutes I received an email saying the order is cancelled. Today is the 23th. Screw you guys. You are so ** up you should not be in business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Like others have said.. Don’t order from here if you want to get your item. I’ve had so many issues in the past 2 years that there is not enough space to say what happened other than it’s a crap schute if you get your Items. Also customer service doesn’t seem to care.. and not willing to help other than to refund your money. So disappointing and getting ready to stop shopping here. Laser ship (of of their shipping companies) is just as bad!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Never order anything online from this company. The operational systems used by this company are dysfunctional whether you order from their retail outlet or through their customer service department. I originally ordered a $200 dress for my girlfriend at their Lake Buena Vista, FL store in October to be delivered to her address. When I got home that day, I noticed that the store clerk had switched the billing and shipping addresses with it being billed to her and shipped to me. I immediately called Anthropologie's customer service department and explained the mistake. They said they would cancel the store order and reorder it using the correct information.

To make a long story short, we ended up getting two dresses and being charged twice. I did not get refunded for their mistake until they got the dress back in their warehouse. You would think I would have learned my lesson but, we went back to Anthropologie's Orlando store and ordered a pair of jeans for my girlfriend. This time I made sure to have them send the jeans to my at my billing address. They ended up shipping it to my office with my first name and my girlfriend's last name. Of course the girl at our front desk didn't know who that package was meant for and sent it back. After this I called customer service and found out that the one that was sent back was the only size 25 in the whole store. Worse than that, they had no way to identify the one that was being returned to them to redirect it back to me.

Customer service could not help and I got bumped up to a supervisor who said all she could do was but a note in the system and offer me a discount code. The call ended with no satisfaction and no discount code. For a company that is so proud of their product (judging by the pricing), they have the systems and customer service acumen of a discount thrift store. It seems like they could invest some of those exorbitant margins into themselves and have their operations match their pricing. No way to talk to company management and no one accountable for the time and effort I had to spend just to buy this overpriced clothing. This seems like a trend coming out of California based companies. Buyer beware. Just another dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

If I could I would give it a no star! I ordered 3 items from them on the same order. The order was broken into two and delivery times were different. I didn’t think anything of this but lo and behold I only got one item. The tracking says I got the second and third item a week later which is not the case. I called asking where my item is and they said I had to take it up with the shipping company. I told them that I had purchased items from them not the shipping company and that they should be responsible for the delivery but I only got a, "We will get back to you."

An hour later I get an e-mail stating and I quote “I'm sorry that you didn't receive your package. Since the tracking information, here, shows that the package was delivered, on October 25, to the address that was verified at the time the order was submitted for processing, we will not be able to process a refund or ship a replacement for this package. Per our policy, it is the responsibility of the customer to retrieve the package from the address which it was delivered.

“There is a possibility that this package will be returned to us as undeliverable. In that case, the warehouse will issue a refund. This process can take up to 3 weeks, and you will be notified when the order is returned to us. If this package is delivered to the address that was entered during checkout, it is the responsibility of the customer to retrieve their order from the location where it was delivered. We do recommend that you delete and remove all old and outdated address from your account.”

I then responded: "Can you prove that the package was actually delivered at that address? I need a picture of where the package was delivered as proof that it was actually delivered to... like the previous package was. The freight company is run by humans that make mistakes and it could have been delivered to a wrong address, these are human mistakes that happen often. Please provide proof of delivery and then we can talk about not refunding what I never received."

Which this was the last straw: "Unfortunately, a picture of the delivery was not provided because pictures are not required to deliver packages to the requested address. If you are unable to locate your shipment, please file a theft report with your local police and use that report to open a claim with your homeowners or renter’s insurance. The only thing we have is the tracking. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I feel cheated out of my money and very disappointed. I will definitely never ever buy from this store again and advise anyone thinking of ordering online not to. As I said, it is humanly possible that the package was delivered elsewhere and I got the bad end of the stick with the store not taking responsibility for it. Very disappointed in this store. They definitely lost me as a loyal customer.

Anthropologie Company Information