Urban Outfitters

3.8/5 (423 ratings)

About Anthropologie

Anthropologie Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthropologie?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered a dress from Anthropologie on February 4. Because I have moved across the country since the last time I placed an online order from Anthropologie, I entered my new address. The next day (less than 24 hours after placing the original order), I checked the confirmation email and realized the package was ordered to my old address. I’m not sure how this happened; my guess is that the page refreshed while I was placing the order and automatically entered the incorrect address.

I immediately chatted with an Anthropologie customer service agent explaining that the package was being sent to the wrong address. This agent informed me that although the package was not yet ready to ship, they were unable to change the delivery address or cancel the order. I then chatted with another agent who told me they could also do nothing to help me and I would have to contact the shipping service. When I asked which service would be taking care of the delivery, they could not tell me because the package was not yet ready to be sent. I was advised to wait until the package had a tracking number, indicating it was ready for delivery, and then contact the deliverer.

In the meantime, I chatted with Anthropologie via Facebook and explained my situation. I was told that nothing could be done to stop or change an order except during a 5- to 10-minute window after it has been placed. I received no assistance, as I expected, but I asked that my feedback be passed on to a supervisor. I received a generic response that my feedback was valued.

As advised, I waited until I received a tracking number, then called the delivery service (OnTrac). They informed me that although I had the correct tracking number, the package was not yet in the OnTrac system, so they were not able to change the address. Because it was a Saturday, I was told to call back on Monday and request a change of address. (The package was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday.)

This representative also informed me that after I called OnTrac back on Monday, I would also have to call Anthropologie and ask the store to confirm the change of address, because OnTrac is not authorized to reroute a package without approval from the sender. This perplexed me, as Anthropologie had indicated that they could do nothing to change the address and my only option was to contact OnTrac. I tried calling on Sunday just in case, but OnTrac was closed, so I filled out the online form requesting a reroute in case that would speed up the process.

The next day (Monday), I called OnTrac as I had been directed, and the agent who answered informed me that the package was already out for delivery (ahead of schedule) to the incorrect address. I asked her to stop the package, and she told me while I was on the phone with her that she had paged the driver and rerouted the package to the correct address. She said the driver would bring the package back to the processing facility in Hayward, California, and then reroute it. I also told her that I had filled out the online form yesterday just in case, so she made a note in OnTrac’s system that the request had been taken care of over the phone. I thanked her for resolving this issue for me.

That evening, I received a confirmation email from Anthropologie that my package had been delivered to the incorrect address in California. Confused, I emailed OnTrac to explain that an agent had rerouted my package, and they told me there was nothing they could do to help me and that I must contact the sender to resolve the situation, as the package had been delivered. I received no explanation as to why the package was delivered after the driver had been paged to stop the delivery.

I contacted Anthropologie again and explained the situation, and the customer service agent told me she would note that the delivery was a lost package and I should receive an email within 72 hours detailing next steps. I waited a week. I had not received an email, so I chatted with another customer service representative, who told me that the request for a lost package had been submitted but not processed yet. Once it was processed, they told me, I would receive an email and would then have to dispute the charges with my bank.

Rarely have I engaged with a company so disinterested in providing actual customer service. It is disappointing that a corporation as large as Anthropologie apparently has zero control over its own orders and inventory. I find it hard to believe that Anthropologie cannot afford to reimburse me $180 when I pursued every possible means of rectifying a situation that could have been easily fixed if one employee were willing to provide a human experience instead of using the system as an excuse.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

For several years, Anthropologie was my go-to store to find a unique dress for special events. However, more recently, my last 2 online orders have been canceled and I was notified on the day shipment was expected. When I called customer service, I was given the "sorry" response; however, sorry doesn't help me find a different dress on such short notice. I can accept my order being canceled once but having 2 orders canceled is just so unexpected. Maybe Anthropologie needs invest in better inventory management.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I have been a loyal shopper at Anthropologie since the late 90’s. I have even bought incredibly expensive furniture there and so much clothing - probably totaling 50,000$ or more over the years. Recently, I spent hours looking over the clothes online until I found four items I wanted. I ordered them and 40 minutes later received an email that my order was cancelled without any explanation. I tried reordering using different payment methods and even a different email address and the order was cancelled SEVEN times. I chatted with the customer service in India and the only help I got was they had a “technical difficulty” and I would receive more information over email in 24 to 72 hours.

Meanwhile there are holds on all of my accounts for this order. And I asked my friend to place the order for me in case I was banned for some unknown reason and her order too was cancelled just like clockwork. I have wasted so much time and money which is on hold in my accounts and I am not getting these clothes which I dearly want and I am beyond angry and frustrated. Not a good way to do business and not a way to treat a lifelong loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

It saddens me to write this review because Anthropologie has been my favorite store for almost 20 years. However, the company has really gone downhill in the past year. After having trouble with an expensive furniture piece of furniture a few months ago, yet another issue that for some reason is taking forever to resolve. I ordered a wine rack many months ago and was charged after it was restocked (in Nov), the item arrived in December but then I was charged again in January. I brought it to the attention of Customer Service on Jan 5th. The woman told me the order was a mess and hadn't shown it had been delivered but she saw I was charged twice and took my info and promised a refund by the end of the week.

End of the week came and nothing, I emailed and called again and they promised by Monday. It's Thursday, still no refund and no apology. This was 100% their mistake, yet I am spending my time trying to get the refund they clearly owe me. Guess I will be moving on to a new Go-to store and will be opening up a dispute with my credit card. Warning to Anthro customers, check your credit card statements!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I ordered two rings from the Anthro website, Christmas gifts for my daughters. I was told they would arrive before Christmas when I ordered. Not only did they not arrive, when I contacted Anthro about this they said the vendor they work with now has a delivery date for the rings in February. I said this was supposed to be a Christmas gift and two months later is unacceptable, I would like a refund. They said they would need to contact their vendor about a refund. This is two weeks later and I still do not have the rings or an answer. Completely unacceptable, Anthropologie. You have my money. I am now going to have to contact my bank to contest the charges. Shame on you, Anthropologie. I used to shop here and thought this company was upstanding. Apparently not.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a candle from Anthropologie a month ago and they NEVER mailed it to me. That is stealing. I called their customer service and the lady never even apologized and spoke to me as if I was bothering her. I am shocked because I thought since they are overpriced, I thought they were a serious business. I am giving them one star because this review is making me do so to leave this review but they do not even deserve one star.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Below is a letter I sent to Anthrolopogie. 1. I first learned of your company on a website advertising ’20 Great Christmas Ideas.’ I ordered from four other companies besides Anthropologie. I had zero issues with the other four companies. I ordered from all of these companies on 13 Dec 20 in the afternoon. 2. I had nothing but issues from your company. First, on your website, it was noted that I would receive it prior to Christmas but no exact date was set. The other four sites provided exact dates. Throughout the process, I checked daily on the status of the gift (candle). The only information provided to me was that a shipping label was prepared on 13 Dec. Then, on 26 Dec, USPS said that the item was picked up from your company to ship. 3. The candle arrived today on 30 Dec. Below is a picture of how it arrived. (It was smashed.) Needless to say, I was disappointed but I understand that shipping issues do occur.

4. I then went to your website to begin the return process. I was to say the least, very disappointed to see that I would be charged $5.95 for the return of the smashed candle. 5. Overall, this has been an extremely discouraging process from your company. The major part of this process that I find most disturbing is that I was not dealt with honestly. I will not be shopping with you in the future as it began from the initial moment that you would not provide an exact shipping date. Even if you had said it would be late initially, that would have been honest at least. Now, I have to re-pack a shattered ceramic with a candle and go to the post office and still be charged $5.95 for this whole process. Also, the four other companies that I ordered from (Nordstrom’s, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Minted.com) all dealt with me honestly. Respectfully, Brian.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Ordered a rug in October. A couple days later it said "registered". After 10 days of nothing more I called. Rug was still in stock. I was assured all was fine. Called again after 3 weeks. Rug still in stock. Again told all was fine. Next time I called, out of stock, sent to Home Goods department. All fine. They would do "dock search". Get back to me in 72 hours. Suggested I call shipping company they use. I did. They said Anthropologie had registered it. Hadn't shipped it. Nobody from Anthro got back to me. The next time I called I eventually talked to supervisor. He tried to blame shipping company. I said they were waiting. He'd get back to me in 72 hours. Didn't happen. Didn't happen 2 more times.

Today the 3rd person I talked to said I should cancel the order. Wouldn't I do that if ordering a pizza that didn't come. I responded I didn't pay a decorator to help choose a pizza. If I don't get a pizza they say sorry. Send a free pizza. I next talked to supervisor. Said rug is "lost". They will refund $'s. No refund yet. I had virtual chat with customer service. They suggested I contact the same department that has never done a single thing they promised. The voucher that partially paid for the rug has not been refunded. Wish I could rate 0 stars.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

We received damaged curtain and the replacement that was sent was also damaged. Had a terrible experience with customer care. Spoke to the supervisor but that was also not of a help. I have been a customer for long but will think twice before going back and purchasing anything.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Placed an order for $100 Anthropologie Gift Card. After the first week of not receiving it and checking status that said it had mailed, chatted with customer service...they could not give any information but said I would get an email with tracking. No email. After a few days chatted again (so I can have transcripts of conversation). No card had been sent out so new person requested card.

After a few days card was showing status of FedEx overnight. Got card...not even my card...was a gift to someone else and was a $75 Urban Outfitters card! Chatted AGAIN. Was told call customer service, I refused (because I want transcript) so person said they corrected problem and a new card would be sent to me within 24-48 hours. Still no card. Chatted again this morning. Told card had been ordered..wait 24 to 48 hours! Wanted to give me a 20% discount on a future order! I told them I would never be ordering from this company again and if I don't have the new gift card by tomorrow Fedex I will be disputing with my credit card and I have all of the substantiating chat transcripts. Incompetent company that can't even get a gift card sent out correctly.

Anthropologie Company Information