Vital Basics / Focus Factor

Vital Basics / Focus Factor

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 13, 2015

66 Vital Basics / Focus Factor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 13, 2015

I bought a bottler at Wal-Mart. But before using it I got curious when I read the suggested use on the package. It reads as a dietary supplement, take 4 tablets per day with food. To accommodate body weight, activity level, stress level, and/or inadequate diet take ADDITIONAL tablets up to a maximum of 8 tablets PER DAY. As you know this product contains a lot of vitamins. I don't know how they can say that when this product is clinically tested. Factor Nutrition Labs should know that TOO MUCH OF ANY VITAMIN CAN CAUSE TOXICITY. The common signs of this condition include: A sudden fever, low blood pressure, HEADACHE, muscle aches, confusion, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. Please, you are supposed to be the ones that knows we are the people who are relying on you FACTOR NUTRITION LABS. It looks like you just want the money and not to help your customers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

Taking focus factor was the worst thing I ever did. I never had a memory issue, I decided to order the pill only to advance my thinking process. I started to take the pill and all of a sudden I start to get these massive headaches. I decided that I'm going to take them anymore and now I have memory loss!! I strongly don't recommend this pill to anyone.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 3, 2011

I have been a faithful user of Focus Factor Plus from almost the beginning of production. I have had some problems however, with receiving my pills in the past. The most recent unavailable shipment #** (dated 08/18/11) appeared in an envelope with only one bottle, instead of the usual three bottles that has been my established order (I was charged for 3 bottles). We called and we're promised the other 2 bottles within 10 days. We have called numerous times since then and always got an "unavailable" response, even leaving a phone number and we have not received any. Finally, we called our credit card holder and they directed us to return the bottle we received so they could dispute the charge. I am still desiring to use Focus Factor Plus if we can resume our previous standing order. In the meantime, I am out of my pills. How can I obtain more in a timely manner?

Original review: April 21, 2010

I'm not sure if they're correct contact info now. I paid for shipping and handling of a bottle of Focus Factor, with an agreement to pay the first monthly installment if I did not cancel within 15 days. I called 9 days later and cancelled. The same day I cancelled, they charged my card for $200. I found many others; some were taken for $500. I only noticed the theft of $200 from my bank account after nearly 2 months. BofA was unable to recover the funds.

I reported them to the BBB and FTC. Then I called the FBI who said it sounds to be bordering illegalities, but they were too busy with terrorism to investigate domestic consumer fraud and theft.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2009
I order the free bottle of focosfactor brain supplement and it did not worked for me, before the month could finish i received another bottle of focosfactor and billed for almost $80. I return the unopen bottle for a full refund only to find out that they probably did not want to give me my money back.

I called twice in 2 weeks after I return the bottle of focusfactor for my money and they give that crap about wait for 24 to 72 each time. However I told them that I would report them to the bureau of better business then I got back my money. They are fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vital Basics?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2009

The internet claims that this company is a waste of time to call. They have charge my credit card for 2 1/2 years after a cancellation for Focus Factor. They claim that I accepted a trail offer for some coupons which they never sent nor do they have the tape that they said they had with me confirming this offer. It is a scam. Unfortunately I am not the type of person to check that closely and parasites like this get away with fraud.

I have contacted J. Swaine (if that is his real name) in customer service and he stated that as backup proof they have a tape they would produce. It's been a month and this garbage has not produced anything. He mentioned if they didn't have the tape their decision would be simple. According to the internet on the site for consumer affairs Vital Basics has been fined 1 million dollars about four years ago for similar activities.

There is a loss of $2400.00.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2007

I asked for the Free Trial and was told I was going to pay for shipping only, which did happen. Only to find another bottle of this JUNK in my mailbox, which I did not order. When I called to complain, I was told there was an automatic re-order every month charged at $59.95. I promptly returned the UNOPENED bottle for a full refund as stated by the customer service. I have yet to receive a refund. This product did nothing for me, I believe this is the biggest SCAM ever!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2006

shipping. I explained I do not want any additional charges only free bottle. After a lengthy sales pitch. I told them no auto bill just one time trial, nothing more. I hung up the phone and then proceeded to read numerous complaints about this company sending product time and again and billing charge card continously.
. I mentioned I was fearful that they would charge me again due to numerous complaints on the internet. She told me I would not be billed. I told her I do not want this product again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2005

Without my authorization or knowledge, withdrawals totalling $279.80 were taken from my acccount by Vital Basics. I have no idea who Vital Basica is. I have never contacted them and asked for their product (Focus Factor). A person named Virginia is supposedly receiving the product from Vital Basics that I am payinfg for. Did she steal my bank card number and order this product, or is this a scam from Vital Basics itself? At this point, I have no idea, but my bank is pursuing fraud charges against "Virginia."

On the phone together, the bank and I contacted Vital Basics to demand that they stop sending their product. Naturally, I have also cancelled my bank card. The credit card company, by the way, did not follow legal procedures and verify that the address on the bank card and the address of the person receiving the goods were one and the same. They are not! It is interesting to note that when I called Vital Basics, they were abrupt and impersonal - apparently not concerned about fruad, but disturbed that they will no longer be able to illegally siphon money out of my account.

Original review: July 13, 2005

Took unauthorized money out of my account

Original review: May 31, 2005

Heard television advertisement of focus factor and a free trial for shipping fee of $4.95. I specifically stated I did not want to be shipped or billed anything further. Within 10 days my account was debited for almost 160.00.

Original review: May 22, 2005

my mother-in-law died and I completly forgot to check for the refund, I found out today that the money has never been refunded to my credit card account. I have just sent a letter to them.

Original review: April 30, 2005

I called to cancel my order, it has been more than a reasonable amount of time and they have yet to credit my card.

Original review: April 21, 2005

I received a sample of "Focus" in the mail, which I promptly threw in the trash and forgot about it. Today, some weeks later I received a bottle of this which I am expected to pay for. Since I didn't order it and don't want it, am I obligated to pay for it? I smell a racket going on here and expect a package will show up every month.

Original review: March 27, 2005

i bought the product focus factor in hopes of increasing mental clarity but unfortunately i spent forty dollars on a bunch of bull

Original review: March 17, 2005

. This was going to make other checks bounce.

hours to hit my bank.

In the meantime I'd been in touch with my bank and they said I'd have to dispute it as soon as the charge hit - that they couldn't put a "hold" on the draft request. They gave me the dispute form.

Original review: March 16, 2005

which I most definitely had not planned for & had not authorized.

which has me fuming... How on Earth do they think they can get away with this Thievery?

I'll bet they have done this to probably thousands of people nationwide figuring no one will notice & they will make through their Fraudulent Withdrawals Millions of Dollars. The U.S. Government should hold this company Executives & the company itself under RICCO Violations for Organized Crime & put them out of business.

Original review: March 11, 2005

It has come to the attention of Vital Basics that ConsumerAffairs.com has posted on its website a false complaint about Focus Factor from a "Kim of Laytonville, CA" (hereinafter, the "Complaint"). The Complaint, which is the first thing a viewer sees under the listing for Vital Basics, states that taking Focus Factor caused the complainant's friend to take his own life.

While my client certainly is sensitive to the complainant's sorrow over the death of her friend, it is clear that the Complaint from "Kim of Laytonville, CA" contains false and disparaging statements regarding Focus Factor, and that ConsumerAffairs.com has misrepresented the safety and efficacy of Focus Factor in an unjustified manner. Indeed, there is no evidence on your website from the complainant or you linking the product to the death of the complainant's friend.

Focus Factor has been proven independently to be a safe and effective dietary supplement that supports memory, focus, concentration and healthy brain function. For example, Vital Basics commissioned an independent, double blind, randomized, actively controlled clinical trial on Focus Factor, which demonstrated the effectiveness of the product and revealed no adverse effects from the product. There also are hundreds of clinical studies published in reputable peer-reviewed science journals which have confirmed the safety and effectiveness of supplementation with the ingredients contained in Focus Factor.

Notably, despite the obvious falsity and lack of scientific support for the Complaint from "Kim of Laytonville, CA," ConsumerAffairs.com failed to contact anyone at Vital Basics to learn about the safety and efficacy of Focus Factor before posting and published the Complaint.

Over 1,300,000 people -- that is, approximately 1 out of every 230 Americans -- have received Focus Factor since calendar year 2000, and there have been no reports of serious side effects from people who have taken the product. Nor has any connection ever been made between Focus Factor and any other life threatening behavior. ConsumerAffairs.com states, right on its website, that it does not publish every complaint it receives but instead it watches for "trends" and only publishes complaints that are representative of problems others would encounter when purchasing the product. Yet, to my client's knowledge, ConsumerAffairs.com has done nothing to confirm that this reported death represents a "trend" amongst users of Focus Factor, as your website erroneously claims. Indeed, just the opposite is true -- not one person in over a million has experienced even a serious side effect from taking Focus Factor, let alone anything more.

Given the clear inaccuracies about Focus Factor in the Complaint, Vital Basics requests that ConsumerAffairs.com immediately remove the Complaint from its Website and agree to make no further publication of the Complaint or its false and disparaging statements in any manner whatsoever. Further, Vital Basics requests that you provide all information in your possession regarding the Complaint so that Vital Basics can begin to repair the damage caused to the goodwill associated with its Focus Factor product by, among other things, providing the complainant with facts that will certainly give her comfort that Focus Factor could not possibly have been the cause of her friend's suicide.

Vital Basics appreciates your cooperation in this manner. I will be happy to work with you to see that this false information on ConsumerAffairs.com's website is removed immediately.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2005

I've gone to my doctor while I was taking the Focus Factor because of the bad headaches and she put me on a headache medication and then I wokeup one morning and my head was hurting so bad my husband rushed me to the hospital ER and the doctor give me something for the pain that put me to sleep right away. I should have stop taking the Focus Factor afer I went to my doctor but I didn't know it was the Focus Factor. I'm now convinced it was the Focus Factor that caused me all of the pain and now, memory loss.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2005

dollars for these pills that don't work.

I can not get electricity turned on in a apartment becuase my account has been abuse by Vital Basics.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2004

for shipping costs only. So I agreed to pay for the shipping costs and recieved the product. As soon as I recieved the product, i realized that the pills were to large and u had to take too many a day so I didnt even begin taking them. I called customer service immediatly and cancelled the additional shipments. They agreed after giving me a huge sales pitch.

of charges so far! I have not recieved another bottle again! Ive called for them to stop charging my acount but nothing. I have finally sent hem a certified letter but have had no response yet.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2004
I used Vital Basics Focus FActor and I found it helped me VERY VERY MUCH. I have recommended it to my friends. I was having a horrible time at work, trying to work, especially starting about 1:30 p.m. on. This made a decided difference and really really helped me. I see that the product only contains vitamins and I seriously doubt a man or woman or dog or anybody could die from such a good product. Shame on you for suing someone who has helped me so much. I mean this. How vicious.

Although she likes the product, Betty is not so happy with the pricing and sales operation.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2004

I as well understood I was being stolen from by this billing and shipping of this product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2004

On Nov.1 my friend took his own life. He had been on Focus Factor, a supplement with all kinds of false claims for 6 months. His behavior after starting the supplement became very out of character, with extreme highs and obviously extreme lows. He is survived by his wife and 2 sons. His body was found with 2 Focus Factor capsules in his pocket.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2004

, a year later and we have not ordered any merchandise.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2004

I am a 26-year-old woman. I started drinking Focus Factor about one month ago. At first I only noticed that I had a little more energy. About a week ago I started waking up at 7am without an alarm clock, and even if I tried I couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't think it was a big problem at first, now I'm going on my second night that I just can't sleep at all, it's like if I just couldn't shut my brain off, I just kept thinking, and thinking.

I would feel tired and still wake up tired yet I couldn't remain asleep for a normal amount of time, for example I would go to bed at 10:30 at night and be tossing and turning for a couple hours till I just can't keep my eyes closed and be fully awake at 2am!! This is horrible.

I had to learn the hard way, and I don't wish this on anyone!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2004

Original review: Aug. 15, 2004

Original review: Aug. 4, 2004

This company took money out of my checking account without authorization. I never contacted them to order anything. I was going over the withdrawals on my checking account and noticed a $99.90 withdrawal that I did not make. I called the 1-800 number the bank provided me with and this company was very uncooperative and evasive. When I asked what type of services they provide, she changed the subject. They asked me repeatedly for my personal information, such as bank account numbers, address, etc. I refused to give it to them. I told them that they must have all that information to take the money out of my checking account.

Original review: July 25, 2004

Icalled and ordered and paid the 4.95 for shipping and then they said i could cancel it and pay nothing but for the last couple months they have been taking out 24.95 and my account has been bouncing and they aren't sending anything. I would lkie them to quit taking money out and I never want the product again. i called the bank and they said they will take care of it so I hope this matter gets resolved.

Vital Basics / Focus Factor Company Information