Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.98/5

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Vitacost Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered 2 types of dog treats from VitaCost. Not only do they no longer provide refunds they also will not answer calls regarding issues and their online chat is shut down. There is NO customer service. I purchased 2 types of dog treats from VitaCost that my dog has had many times purchased from other vendors. However, with the VitaCost versions of the same product my dog had a deadly allergic reaction and almost died! I have advised VitaCost in writing and online with no response. Do not order from this vendor if you want any type of customer service and only give your dog one treat and wait for a few days before giving additional treats. They can be deadly!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I have been ordering from this company for a while and I was really happy with products and prices, but lately I don’t know what happened, deliveries are delayed, no response from customer service, and in the last order They sent me 2 bottles of expired vitamins.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I ordered from Vitacost for years but they have changed. Orders don't deliver, Customer Service is terrible, if they even respond. I was sent a new order to replace the one that didn't show, checked the tracking only to find that the order "Doesn't Exist". Again, "Customer Service" doesn't even respond. Waiting months for my order, still nothing. Total rip-off. Decided to order through Amazon and got them in 2-days. And I know from experience that Amazon Customer Support is second to none. DONE WITH VITACOST.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Vitacost uses Ontrac as a shipper. Ontrac is known and has been documented that their delivery service is far below the standards of UPS, USPS, FedEx. Ontrac is very slow and unreliable. The bad part is Vitacost uses such sub par services. Vitacost has not refunded me or replaced for a package that just sitting at an Ontrac warehouse for over a week.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I ordered a very large shipment of vitamins on Nov. 24th. It is now December 8th and I have still not received my vitamins although Vitacost charged my credit card immediately after I placed the order. I waited on hold over 1 hour a few days ago to speak to customer service and after the agent checked the USPS tracking on the package, he advised me to wait two more days.

I waited 4 more days, and still no package so I called back (another 1+ hour wait on hold) to ask what they would do to correct the problem. Instead of offering to replace the lost package, they told me to wait another two days for their customer service department to review my case and issue a refund. That's it. No replacement package, no apology, just a promise to refund the money. I will never buy another thing from this company. Something must have changed with their management team because they used to be very reliable. From here on I'll shop at Swanson's which has better prices and much better customer service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I don't know went wrong with this company. They have the worst service and customer service now. I placed an order on Nov 30 and now it is Dec 8 and still has not shipped. You cannot get ahold of anyone also. They don't answer the chat window or when you call it says it is over an hour to talk to someone. Avoid this company now.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I was a regular customer of Vitacost. We recently purchased a product and had to cancel the order. Our online account showed the order as "Not Yet Shipped". We contacted customer service through Chat to cancel the order. We were told that it had already shipped. I asked why it showed as "Not Yet Shipped" and the person said it had not yet updated which is nonsense. I asked how I could return the item once received and the person said that they are no longer accepting returns because of COVID. Really? No longer accepting returns.

I think these companies are using COVID as an excuse for everything. If they can ACCEPT boxes from the manufacturers to sell their products, why can't they accept a return? There is no evidence from the CDC of germs living on boxes... They have now lost a customer and we will refuse the package and dispute the charge. What a hassle. These companies better smarten up if they want to stay in business because AMAZON is blowing them away... Amazon provides a HASSLE-FREE shopping experience and accepts any type of return. Hey Vitacost, I guess Amazon boxes have some magic formula to resist COVID huh??

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Prior to a few months ago I would have given Vitacost.com a 5 star review in all areas, including product selection, pricing, promptness, quality, etc, but now can only give them a 2 star. About 6 weeks ago I placed a 2nd order in less than 2 weeks, and that order has yet to ship. I contact Vitacost about this via their online chat session, and their response was to call their 800 number, but no one answers. You can easily hold several hours with no hopes of anyone ever answering the phone. My bank has been charged for this order which was supposed to be a gift for someone, but the order has never been shipped.

Other problems are that Vitacost now only uses FedEx home which doesn't deliver to mail boxes, and their website isn't smart enough to alert their back office that FedEx doesn't have a contract with USPS and therefore the package can't be delivered. In one case FedEx attempted delivery in Brookings, OR, and then sent the package to the billing address in Camas after the package was refused, and it was refused again. At that point Fed Ex called me even though the package was more than a month overdue, and they agreed to ship it to the bay area. And with respect to requested new product offerings, Vitacost.com now routinely tells customers to call the manufacturer, and not them. Now how is that for customer service. This company isn't what they used to be.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Vitacost website has zero security. Also they stated that they don't save your credit cards, but they do. And the worse, they don't even try to help! They don't have separate fraud department, you are waiting on line for 30-40 mins for reg. rep, and then the rep says, they can with that matter. Yes they have good prices, however, after my account was hacked, I paid much much higher price. Be careful!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I am very disappointed with the customer service I received on my order this morning. I thought I had a coupon for 20% off that was sent to me at the end of last month as a "We've missed you". But it expired. On Sunday evening around 7:30pm CST I placed A $300 order and at 8 am the next morning I received a coupon for 10% off my order. I called to see if they would honor the 10% coupon since it was less than 24 hours. Danielle the from customer service said they could not honor the discount. I asked to speak to someone else. She said she was talking to her supervisor who also said they could not back date the discount. Had I know that the coupon would be in my email the next morning I would have waited.

I said I would like to cancel my order. She said it was shipped. I was on the website when she said that and the status was processing. No tracking number. Nothing. Being lied to is not a good policy for a company. I definitely will be writing a review on the company and it will not be favorable. With all the competition in this market you would think you would rather save a customer for $30 than lose one.

Vitacost Company Information