Vitacost

Vitacost Reviews

About Vitacost

Vitacost.com is an online vitamin and supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products. Customers can shop from many different top brands or browse the Vitacost store brands. The company sells vitamins, supplements and specialty diet food products that allow those with dietary restrictions to enjoy many different types of food.

Vitacost Reviews

Stars Rating

• 66%
  • 8%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 21%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vitacost?

Reviewed April 30, 2024

It was easy to find what I was looking for; the prices were the best compared to other sites; and ordering was easy and quick. They have a variety of products to choose from. Items arrived in good condition and on time.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Had the products that I needed, at a fair price and shipped quickly. Good quality, good packaging, will do business again. This was my second order with Vitacost and both have been accurate, quick and exactly what I needed.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I have had a very good experience with Vitacost. Sometimes, items arrive open or smashed, but Vitacost has always re-delivered or refunded for damaged items. I have been using Vitacost for over eight years. I have shared Vitacost with family and friends.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 28, 2024

They shipped my package, a few days later FedEx returned it to facility because it was mispackaged/mislabeled/damaged on arrival. It was returned to the company and there was proof with the signature. Vitacost never refunded me, emailed me, called me! Nothing! Over a week later. I was wondering where it was and had to search for it. I reached out to vitacost and they confirmed it was returned to their facility but told me they were going to review my request for a refund? Maybe that should’ve been done over a week ago? I had to report fraud to my credit card because they still have not refunded me even though they are aware the product never reached me at their fault. If I didn’t reach out, I feel like they wouldn’t have issued a refund and I never would’ve received any merchandise, horrible business ethics.

Staff

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Extremely disappointed with Vitacost. They sent me several food items that were expiring the next month. I did not notice this until my daughter pointed it out to me but by then, according to their staff, it was too late to return the items. In the past I have referred them to so many people. I am shocked that they would do this. For me it's a sign that they don't care about their customers' health.

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I've been a 15 year customer of Vitacost. They have lost my business. They use a substandard shipping service. My order was to arrive (and was OUT FOR DELIVERY) on April 23. No delivery. Received notification on April 24 that item was brought back to the warehouse for unforeseen circumstances and would be re-delivered in a day or two. What??? Well the second day came and went and still no delivery, even though the tracking said once again, out for delivery. Customer service is now in the Caribbean (used to be in the USA). They were of no help. If I wanted info from shipping company, I had to text them. I did so and they said they are probably going to return items to warehouse AGAIN.

PricePunctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed April 25, 2024

A very reliable site. Excellent product choice, good pricing and promotions, easy and understandable online ordering, and very fast shipping. I use site to buy products in bulk purchases and have always had a good experience.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed April 25, 2024

Have been ordering from Vitacost for years, have saved a ton of money! Great variety of products and excellent customer service! Have sent more friends to their website than I can count! Not only do they have supplements that I love, I also get food products and beauty products!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

It was helpful to see there is an online health foods store with excellent choices, fair prices, and a wonderful selection! The Seventh Generation Paper Towels, and Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oatmeal was priced low, and has helped our family during this time of high inflation; and, high food costs. Thanks, Vitacost!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Everything I have purchased from Vitacost has been excellent, especially their name brands! I have received nothing broken or mutilated. Shipping is lightning fast and in great shape. Vitacost is where I always go to shop for vitamins/supplements and hard-to-find food items. I love Vitacost!

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I have been shopping from Vitacost for quite some time. And in my opinion they offer a wide selection of health products at reasonable prices. Kudos for their shipping protocols which are exceptional from the time of ordering to delivery. The quality and quantity of the products are competitive with many of the other vendors who sell similar products (example: Piping Rock). And the Vitacost website is easy to maneuver through in order to choose the product that you want.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Great products with prices usually well below what you find in stores. Many organic products, and expiration dates are far into the future. Shipping normally in a couple of days, and on rare occasions when damaged, VITACOST always “Makes it right!”

Reviewed April 12, 2024

Took a return flight from SFB to CVG 04/11/2024 and it was the absolute best overall experience, unlike the flight from CVG to SFB (review posted about that flight separately). The flight crew and staff were professional and attentive. The stewardess gave our seven year old a kid's flight box with snacks and his Allegiant Air wings. The flight was smooth all the way in although there was some inclement weather going on around CVG. Flight was smooth and relaxing the whole way.

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Their products are great, and so are the prices and shipping costs. I was surprised at how much less their products are, compared to the other companies where I usually buy my products. I think they just got a new customer.

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Hi I've been ordering from Vitacost for 20 years and as of lately they are really bad to order from! On every order there's a problem and sometimes they don't fix the order problem! I am dropping them and going to Amazon where they treat their customer like they should be treated! DON'T BUY FROM VITACOST IF YOU NEED YOUR ITEM'S QUICKLY!!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2024

Good selection, excellent website, fast shipping. Up until my 2024 order, I was very impressed with the packaging used within the box to protect the shipping, it was all very biodegradable or capable of be recycled. Now, each bottle was packed within large air pillows made of plastic. I prefer the method used over the last several years.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

For the second time, I've placed an order with Vitacost. For the second time the order was shipped through Is a shipping company called on track. I'm not sure why they're using this company. For I live on the east coast and the shipping company only delivers on the west coast. Again my package shows up on the system is damaged. This company needs to re-evaluate the shipping company they're using before they lose too many customers. Once I get this straightened out. I don't believe I'll used them again. Used them for years and loved them.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I’ve ordered many times from Vitacost. Everything arrives quickly, well packaged. They have a great selection of products, and the prices are incredibly reasonable. They always have a decent sale going on. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

It was wonderful to find the imported pasta my husband prefers here. It's hard to find, and since it was also on sale here we stocked up. When we have time to sit down together. I'm going to look at this site again to consider other products.

Reviewed March 30, 2024

I enjoy shopping at Vitacost, they not only have what I need, but I also discover many things that I would to try, with trying some of them. I even discovered some very low sugar items to purchase for my husband as he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.

Reviewed March 29, 2024

Ordering was very easy, Vitacost kept in constant communication with me throughout the process, fragile items were well packaged in environmentally-friendly materials, and delivery was faster than expected. As soon as my package was dropped off at my door, a photo was texted to me so I was able to immediately retrieve it.

Reviewed March 29, 2024

I was so glad to see that Vitacost has "Jennies" products! The food was fresh, and the delivery was quick. I did not wait forever! Prices are reasonable. I will be checking out what else Vitacost has on their website!

Reviewed March 28, 2024

My local health food store wasn't keeping the teas I like in stock, so I found Vitacost that sells them. The price was very comparable to buying locally if I purchased a case' worth or more...so I bought two cases worth. I figured they would send me the cases stacked on top of each other and placed in a box. Nope. They packed the bottles individually. However, they packed them EXTREMELY well. They rolled the bottles several times in this diamond cut grocery-type paper. Then they enclosed them in several plastic zip-loc bags in case they began leaking. I was amazed at how well the tea bottles were packed inside the shipping box. And shipping was free.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I have been a Vitacost customer for years but will no longer order from them. I placed an order on March 18th, 2024 for 5 items. When the package arrived only 3 of the items were shipped. I called customer service and asked what happened to the remaining 2 items. I was told it was an error and they would ship them out immediately as I had already paid for them. They supplied an email with a tracking number and details of what was being replaced. The package came today, instead of the two items I paid for I received a bottle of vitamins.

I called and used the online chat and was told I cannot get a replacement now as there is only one replacement allowed per order. I explained but you have not replaced my missing items from my order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was ignored. Now I have to wait 5 business days to be refunded and an extra 10 business days to reorder. When I asked why I was told "perhaps we are out of stock". I said I am looking at your website currently and the items are in stock, you took my money so why can't you just send the items? They will not. This is my last purchase. This company WAS fantastic, I cannot say the same any longer. Very disappointing.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

Wonderful app and service. The perfect partner for remote workers like me. Reliable and accessible. You can use it on your phone app, web and IP phone system. Highly recommended for independent remote workers, small and large businesses.

Online & AppEase of Use

Reviewed March 25, 2024

I have relied on Vitacost for years for their great quality of vitamins, which are reasonably priced. One feature I love is that I order enough to get free shipping, and my orders always arrive in just a few days. If a product is out of stock, they recommend a comparable product. The website is easy to navigate, and they have a list of my past orders which makes it super simple to reorder the same items. What's not to like?

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedReliability

Reviewed March 24, 2024

We've been a Vitacost customer for many years and have always received wonderful customer service, great products and great prices. I really wish Vitacost would return to shipping via FedEx instead of USPS. USPS is not reliable. Our packages are late, mis-delivered, left on the ground at our mailbox during the rain, etc. FedEx is far more reliable and trustworthy than USPS. For this reason we simply can't order as much as we would like to from Vitacost. It's become far too risky using USPS.

Reviewed March 23, 2024

Ordering from Vitacost for approximately 12 years. Ordered 12 loaves Ener G Texas Toast in March 2024. Called 3 later because I had not received an email regarding shipping status as is customary. A representative indicated; I should receive notification within 24hrs. Received the bread 2 days later. All 12 of the bread closures have "Best before Jan 20 2024". For $109.89 they sent expired bread. This company has gotten horrible.

Reviewed March 6, 2024

I had dealt with Vitacost for more than 20 years, with great success. This year, 2024, Vitacost has changed. It takes my order, says there is a problem, I telephone to ask what problem, am told I will receive an e-mail explaining. I receive no e-mail. I try again with a new order. Same result. I said cancel, I was told no charge on my credit card until items were shipped. In fact, Vitacost has charged my credit card without shipping or any notification. I will never use Vitacost again. I would rate them as -1* if possible. Would be customers, proceed at your own peril!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 6, 2024

Vitacost has always come through for me with top notch, fast and reliable service and amazing products. Their pricing is very competitive, coming in at same or even below some of the other online retailers (including Amazon!) They carry stuff that other retailers do not have, and all in one place. There's always great deals. Customer service is amazing. They ship all over. What more can I say?! Vitacost is great.

Vitacost Company Information