LA Weight Loss Center

Compare Weight Loss Programs

Research top Weight Loss Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The LA Weight Loss Diet Plan Works Amazingly!! My cousin Mattie only paid $20. on Amazon.com for the CD with every plan and phase loaded on it, and bought Chocolate Luna bars at the supermarket instead of their overpriced "LA Lites". I paid much more for my CD, but still worth it! I made my own juice using the recipe given on the CD, instead of their overpriced juice. The only people that are disappointed with LA Weight Loss are the ones who spent thousands at the centers on supplements and over-priced snacks! If you just do it yourself, you can lose all the weight you want for less than $20. and your own groceries! She bought it on Amazon, but then found it even cheaper on ebay... either way, when you do it yourself it works just as well as going to the center.....but way way cheaper! I know because I have done it both ways.

In 2003, I joined LA Weight loss center in Barboursville, WV. The staff was very polite and helpful. I had a consistent counselor. In total I spent well over $3,000 for their line of products and supplements plus supermarket foods. I was consistent in weighing in, preparing my meals, and exercising every day. I lost 37 pounds in 7-8 months. I looked good, felt good, had energy out the roof. One cold day in Nov or Dec I went in to be weighed and was told that were closing for good on that very day. Needless to say, I gained all of the weight back as well as additional weight.

I haven't found any program as effective as the LA Weight loss program was. This was a huge letdown for me and many others. I'm sorry that you let us down LA Weight loss center. You will get exactly what you give or should I say what you gave us. You changed your program when you switched to go online, and it is NOT easy to follow, you discontinued some supplements that worked for certain clients with health issues. Shame on you! You could've given us the same program that we were used to when we had real live counselors that we could sit down and talk to face to face. If you ever decide to reconsider and open up your stores again, I can't say if I would or wouldn't join. Can't trust you. I hope your online business is doing well and I hope you have a good life.

After paying a full program for a year in July 2014, in late November, without warning, they just closed operations in Costa Rica and we were left without explanation or refunds. They did not leave any phone number, just an email in which they assured me they would call me, and that there would be a follow up for me, and that they would be in touch. It was all a fraud! Which is a shame, because the program works! I lost 43 lbs in 4 months... Still, I am outraged and demand the return of my money!

Some time ago 5 years or so I joined the LA Weight Loss group in my town. I was told that I would not have to buy their products and could get my dietary needs at the local grocery stores. This is not at all what happened. They hired local young people, put them in a lab coat and called them dietitians. They then started hawking products such as pills, potions, cookies, bars, etc. They used very aggressive means to try to get you to buy these things as I think they were paid on how much they sold. Some of the young men were very aggressive. I explained that I did not want to buy things as I was on a strict budget. He told me I could charge them on a credit card. Amazing! We were required to come every day, weigh in and receive "counselling". More strong arms tactics to buy products. It is my estimation that this was just a scam to bilk people out of money. Nothing of what they said was going to happen really occurred. I spent $708.00 with them and feel I was robbed even if no gun was used. I hope this outfit is out of business.

At the beginning of December 2013, I cancelled my membership in LA Weight Loss through email (I have the copy of the email). Two of the costs associated with the plan were removed. The 3rd cost which consisted of the payment for their bars ($104.000) was not cancelled. Instead it was billed to my credit card. I keep getting bills from a credit company saying that I owe this money. To this day I have not gotten the bars nor has the charge been removed. The company tells us that the bank gave the money back to them saying it was a legitimate charge... How is the question since the card was cancelled and no charge appears on the new card. Meanwhile it is affecting my credit. So while the "diet" did not work, I am also out another $104.00. This is a fraudulent company which only wants money from people. They refuse to let you speak to someone higher up than a supervisor. Is there anyway you can help?? ?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Overcharged, food is gross, and not much freedom of choice. Never had the same counselor from one session to the next, and a lot of the counselors do not know their ** from a hole in the ground. I was just so glad to see the place go! I also did not like their LA Lites nor their Take Off Juice. I could get the goodies at Wal-Mart for a fraction of what they charged at LA Weight Loss Center.

I started the program in 2004. I was 21 years old. I had great success. I was right on track. I went to one of many offices in Las Vegas, NV. I, like so many people, went to weigh in one morning and the doors were locked and all dark inside. I have yet to this day to find a program that works for me like LA Weight Loss it. I paid for a full 12 month membership. I was only 3 months in when they shut down. I called all kind of numbers. Never got a dime back. All they do is send you to voicemail. Karma will come back around to the ill conceived idiot scammers who took everyone's money. I just can't believe these people threw this company away like they did. It really worked. They could of set themselves up for life. But instead ran it into the ground and ripped 1000's of people off. Sad situation. Does anyone out there have a story of getting their money back? I wonder if we can sue these people. Oh we'll. You live and learn.

I lost my weight goal, and then they shut down. I suppose to get some money from them for meeting my goal. They never did give it to me.

I joined LA Weight Loss in 2008 at the South Calgary location. Due to financial constraints, I chose the cheapest option and refused to buy my LA Weight Loss bars in bulk. I must admit that the program worked, and I enjoyed the results. On the downside, I saw a different advisor each time and was always subjected to pressure to sign up for more bars, vitamins, etc. Thankfully, after years in sales jobs, I knew how to avoid falling into that trap. I then found that the Takeoff Juice had exactly the same composition as a juice available in Walmart. The Walmart juice cost about a tenth of the LA Weight loss version. I then sourced the bars on eBay, again at a fraction of the cost. So my advice is by all means use the program. It does work but check out buying their products elsewhere.

I worked at a LA Weight Loss center many years ago and I had to quit. I thought I would be truly helping people not trying to coerce them into what they didn’t want or really didn’t need to have. I was always being pressured to persuade the most expensive package to every client. They would also size up the client by how she was dressed or by her occupation, even what kind of handbag she was carrying. I did not follow through with their horrible tactics. One day, the regional manager was at my center and overheard that my client was going to go ahead with the least expensive package, at which point the RM took over and tried so hard to convince her that she needed the more expensive one that the client left crying, never to return. They would also take in women who had no money, somewhere even in shelters, and make them do the CareCredit and charge everything they could, not caring that she had no means to pay all that back. I soon quit and always let everyone know that that place has no intention to help anyone. Helping is not on their agenda at all. I am sorry for those who enrolled with them and shame on those who made big bucks off of people who were vulnerable.

I ordered the Size Zero Patch which came with a 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied, without any time limits for return. The product was completely worthless, unless you like having gas - that's all it does. I used one package and returned four, unopened. I wouldn't have complained if I didn't get all of my money back, but they wouldn't give any. After a month of waiting, there were no refunds, so I called. They told me that I should have called before I returned it and that they didn't have a record of a return. It was never delivered back to me. They got it and didn't have to sign for it, so they pretended that they didn't get it and resold it to another sucker.

I joined LA Weight Loss Center back in the middle of August this year 2012. After going constantly for 2 months and seeing great results, LA Weight Loss decided to close all their centers. We were told we can do the program online but there is no way to do this. The only thing on the online is ways to order products and see recipes. They have nothing else set up for us. I have contacted their customer service and got the runaround. I have chatted online with their reps without any satisfaction. I have asked for a refund and got no reply. I paid for a 12-month program and only got 2 months out of it. There are no longer any centers to go to get weighed 3 times per week, and have a counselor go over my food diary with me.

In the centers, they also take your measurements once a month as well as a picture so you could see the results. This is why I joined the program and now this no longer exists. That company actually promoted one of the counselors on a Friday to manager of another center, and then told its employees 3 days later on that Monday that they were closing the centers down. I asked for the owner’s name or a name in upper management and they refused to give it to me. I got nothing but a runaround from customer service and also on the online chats. This company took my money and they are keeping it and I have no center to go to anymore.

LA Lite Bars - I was very proud in 2006, when I lost 24lbs in 5 months. I was telling everyone about LA Weight Loss. I had to stop the maintenance program due to me getting pregnant, after I lost the weight! That was actually the joke at the center, I went to in Chicago's south side; Chatham. I was told to leave the boxes there (this was in 07) and I could continue after I've had the baby. I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant when I heard that they were closing stores. I took a drive over to the branch that I normally went to and they were completely closed. A few weeks later, I get a letter in the mail stating that LA Weight Loss didn't have to repay anyone because of their bankruptcy or something of that nature. Now, they are open again and I spoke with a rep that told me that my information wasn't in their system and that the "New" owners won't honor what I've lost. That is horrible! I wasn't even asking for my money back. I just want my bars. I still had a balance somewhere in the $400 range. Can't we all take these complaints and get some kind of settlement?

I joined LA Weight Loss in Feb 2007. I would frequent the center located on Chicago's southside in the Chatham neighborhood. I was on the green plan. The one thing that I can say was the employees were nice. I did indeed loss weight. However, when the center went out of business, it was a total shock. Dec 2007, I went into the center on a Thursday to weigh in and what not. I was told that Saturday was their last day and that they were closing for good. I still had about 7 months left on the program and hadn't reached my goal. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even close to reaching my goal. I was told by the girls at the center to send a request to an address (it was so long ago, I don't remember) to corporate I think. I still hadn't received a dime of my money and it's going on 5 years.

I tried to call the number that they have on their current site 800-727-3042. The number doesn't even work! I loved LA Weight Loss, I thought they were an awesome program. However, they can do much better customer service wise. I wouldn't mind doing the program again. But the fact that they are shrewd in business left a bad taste in my mouth. If I was to do the program, I'd find my old books and do it alone, without throwing $63543675134 down the drain.

I bought the LA Lites in bulk and really did well with the weight loss. I didn’t reach my goal but was happy and left my remaining bars at the location as they persuaded me that the bars would always be there and I would benefit as the bars would have a better shelf life.

I popped into a different location, close to my new place of work to buy some 'take off' for an upcoming event. My ole counselor was there so I asked her to check on my bar balance. She telephoned and was told they were all taken out and my supply was used. This was far from correct and I asked them to investigate.

To cut a long inquiry short, a member of the staff had transferred my bars out by using another client with the same last name. Apparently, the counselor was fired and I was told the manager of the store would contact me as I still had $400 worth of bars. The manager never called so I went to the store and it has completely closed down. I called my original counselor at the other location and she has now left. What do I do now?!

I joined LA Weight Loss in October 2011. Within 2 weeks of joining, my financial situation changed, therefore, I deferred my monthly charges for LA Lites, vitamins & take off juice. I had already prepaid $520 for 12 months of weigh-ins and counseling. The center informed me that if I wasn't buying the bars & supplements, I was not allowed to utilize the center for what I had already paid for. This was not addressed in the consultation, nor is it written in any of the original paperwork reviewed with me at any time during the consult. I was told I would only be able to defer two months of payments for the supplement and the center would be in contact with me prior to billing my credit card again. This has not happened.

My program was on hold due to to my mother being ill, & having to help care for her out of town. My husband would go in, and pick up boxes of bars for me. Then one day, he went to pick some up & the office, had closed and reopened to a Medifast clinic with all the same workers. No notice, no nothing. He was given a number to call regarding the boxes of bars still owed to me. In total, I am owed 67 boxes of bars, at $23 per box ($1,541.00). I've called the number and spoken with a receptionist numerous times. I am always being promised a call back, but never received one. My local office (now Medifast) states that they are completely out of the equation, and that I am at the mercy of whomever took over the files. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I joined in 2006 approximately for myself and my son. I was talked into a deluxe program and paid $2000.00 through Care Credit. This was in Hyannis, MA. From the start, the program seemed very unstable as I never saw the same counselor twice. After 1 month, the center closed without any notice at all. I went down to get some bars/shakes and the office was empty. I went online and found that the closest office was in Providence, Rhode Island. Other offices in MA had also closed. Then, the company went bankrupt shortly after.

Feeling like a complete fool, I paid Care Credit or GE Moneybank as they are really called for about 3 years to keep my credit good. But I was paying for nothing. I stopped paying in 2009 and tried to work with GE Moneybank through documentation from the web. Meanwhile, the LA Weight Loss online program, a different owner, had no record of me or my son ever joining. Also, GE Moneybank would not reveal any of my statements from past payments. I had always paid them online and had no records. Now I am being sued for $3800.00 by GE Moneybank. I have read hundreds of letters like mine online. My trial is on Nov. 1, 2011. I'm going to get a lawyer to help me hopefully out of this fraud scam!

I signed up with LA Weight Loss and got sick immediately afterward with a long term condition with my thyroid. I had to have surgery. They told me they would put me on hold. I paid lots of money and a huge bulk for it. I had to have my thyroid removed and it caused various problems. They also couldn't control other issues, so the doctor disabled me. I gathered all my information to take to them and they had shut down. I called, they told me to fax it to them and I did at least ten times. They said they only see that I had signed up for short amount and small bars, so I sent them receipt and then more faxes. Then they said it had been too long by then. I couldn't get my money back. I had been sick from day one. They had put me on hold and closed down within a couple of months. What can I do about it? I have all the necessary documents I need.

I joined LA Weight Loss in the late summer of 2010. My loss was slow; I lost 20 lbs over more than a year. I was switched around on the foods and advice all the time, with the lady who was helping me quitting and no one telling me about it for two months. I know that it was part my responsibility, but I paid for the service of them keeping me on track. They did not.

Then, in the summer of 2011, for ten weeks, they ignored me once again, with the girl helping me quitting again. Now, they have closed down for good after I purchased more weeks, and had about five weeks left. That's 35 weeks in total that I did not get. They broke their contract by not giving me the service I paid for. I am out a lot of money that I need as I am a student without a job. And I haven't learned much and am bordering on an eating disorder because of them.

They have closed doors. I lost on weeks and lots of products, I would like my products or my money back. I feel like this is poor business practice and is stealing.

I received a brochure from LA Weight Loss to receive half off of the program. I thought something was suspicious because I had thought this company went out of business several years ago!

Yes, at first in 2004, I went on this diet and it was totally legit and worked wonderfully. I'm glad that I came on here and read these complaints. Now I know for sure that the brochure is a scam!

Stay away from LA Weight Loss. They have closed the company for good!

I have been trying to reconcile with this company for years now. I began the program in Sept. 2001 and lost tons of weight on program. Then I stopped going (banked my LA Lites), gained the weight back, so I signed up again for more weeks. I even bought more LA Lites (which you never get to take with you because they advise you to keep them there in the center where they will have a longer shelf life). In fact, they wouldn't give me more than a few boxes at a week. And since the bars are quite expensive, any fool would jump at the chance to buy in bulk and save money, which I did!

When I stopped going, I had about 16 boxes of Lites in my account. When I tried to go back, I learned that they had closed the center. I was never notified of their closing nor was I given the option to reconcile with them and come and collect my product. And when I tried to contact someone, all I got was a run around and was told that they don't have any record of the purchases. I don't expect to ever get satisfaction after reading all the complaints listed. But really, the company is a thief and pirate!!! And what totally stymies me is why anyone would want to use their name and sell their product, which is evident by the advertisement I received in the mail two days ago. Funny how that works--they have record of my name and address, but not my purchase records. What losers!!!

Well I started the program with the reassurance that I would lose all what I wanted no matter how long it took. So I went to the center 3 times a week and I stayed for the whole thing some would weigh and leave not me. I was determined to lose all the fat I had accumulated over the years. Before I shelled out over almost 1000 dollars, the first thing I ask is this company stable and going to be around because I'm poor but I will join if you promise me that this company is here. She said this company is here to stay for years. So I joined loved the meeting and talking with the support people.

Then I noticed that they wanted me to buy the food, so I did and the food wasn't very good but I stuck with it and it was that much more money I sunk into this program. I bought the snacks at almost 2.00 for a bag weighing less than 2 ounces but I did. Then they insisted I buy those bottles of juice one case about 200.00 dollars so I did and the bars 6 or 8 for not quite 15.00 dollars.

Anyway I start losing everything going great and they drop the bomb on us we're closing in one week! I mean can you believe it I had already had paid for the bars so I had to take 19 boxes of bars home and they were expired and I tried to take them back and they said no. the juice was expired so I have 10 bottles of juice that you can't drink. What I want is for someone tell how I can get my money back! I tried the phone calling but that doesn't work with me I need that one on one, that going to the center and discussing this and that! I loved doing that! I want my money back I spent almost 1600 hundred to 2000 thousand dollars that they lined their pockets with. If a lawyer wants to contact me I left my number, and I do have an answering machine if I'm not home.

I know that many people signed up for LA Weight Loss and added more weeks right before they were closing. I dont think most of the employees knew that they were going to be closing, but the company did before they started running these ads to save money. For those of you wanting a refund and you attended any store in Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington state, you should contact Medifast for a refund. The owners of Medifast in those markets was the same franchisee who owned the LA Weight Loss's in these areas. I would contact your Medifast stores to get a refund from what they have now franchiseed Medifast. I would be careful joining Medifast as well, since who knows if they will be doing this again with this company. Contact Medifast to get a refund ASAP before they go out of business too!!!!

I joined 3 years ago and I paid $560.00 in full. They closed their doors and I have never heard from them again. They stole $560.00 from me!

In 2009, I paid for additional product but was told to get "o.k." in writing from my physician as I had recently been diagnosed with diabetes. To get the special price, I had to pay that day and pick up the product upon physician's approval. In the meantime, I had requested numerous times to get my paid-in-advance nutrition bars in bulk. It's always the same story that they don't have them in bulk but will call me when they get in. I never heard a word.

The counselors never followed through with my request to assist me in my 'diary' entries for the meals prepared from Weight Watcher's cookbook. Each time, they said that they would have to contact the main office and would provide information to me for future entries. There was no follow-up on their part! Being frustrated, I didn't go back for several months. The day that I finally went back, the doors were closed. I called their phone listing which, by now, is on my speed dial due to the number of calls I had made. The recording stated the new number for Knoxville (Turkey Creek) location.

I contacted Knoxville location at Turkey Creek by phone shortly after relocation. The representative stated that there is no record of my membership. I contacted Knoxville location again to see if anyone had located my information. I got no results. I contacted Knoxville location a year later (2 times), and still, no record. This time, they told me that it had been too long since I paid for the products for a refund. I told them that at this point, I am not asking for a refund. I just want products that I paid over $1,000 for consumption. Since there was no record, I was told that they would call me a.s.a.p. after checking elsewhere for verification of my membership. Just as before, I got no call!

I did retain my original contract but it did not have a contract number printed on the paperwork. It figures! Unfortunately, I cannot find anything with a contract number. So, the bottom line is this company is not trustworthy!! I went from the 1st location being a 15 minute drive, to the 2nd location, a 30 minute drive, to 3rd location, a40 minute drive (1-way, so double time for round trip).

Practically each month, there would be a change of personnel and they would always be suggesting that you pay-in-advance for special deals to save money. Like a fool, I would consent and hand over my credit card. Never will they return calls or do follow-up on the items requested or pertaining to questions. The original Alcoa location, I never had a complaint about. The rest? Not worth the gas money and time involved, and they have incompetent employees. I sure wish I had done my homework in advance. To find so many complaints lodged against L.A. Weight Loss Centers, I never would have joined! I beg of anyone who would be able to help me obtain my products.

I was on the program and LA closed the office, I was told I could receive my prepaid product by mail at no charge to me. A few weeks before they closed, they had a special for $99 you could extend your service for a year. I believe this was the last effort on their part to fill their wallets before closing. I contacted the Attorney General in MN and requested help after detailed communications with them. They also just started ignoring my letters to them. Should this not have been a class action law suit? I was working on this issue before LA closed their offices.

I paid for a yearly program for the protein bars which cost me $1,000. I was in the program for only 2 months and LA Weight loss moved out and Pure Weight loss took over than they left soon after LA Weight pulled out. I did not know where to get my refund of $800.00. Just recently, I received a card in the mail stating that they are a new company and that the program is now on the internet, where you purchase your food and it is delivered to your door. Once I read the complaints, I realized it was just another scam. How do I get my money back? I loss $800.00.

Now, I for one did lose weight on the diet and was doing my maintenance. I paid for my bars and the place closed down. I thought I could go to the other close by me but they were also closed down. So about three years later, I run across complaints on L.A. Weightloss Clinic. I really don't remember how much they owe but of course, I bought in bulk too. It's too bad that I only have the first years books on my menu and the very first receipt! That's all I have to even be able to say I've been there and done that.

LA Weight Loss Center Company Profile