This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
LA Weight Loss is an online-only diet program. It offers an extensive selection of recipes and food options that help you reach your weight loss goals. LA Weight Loss foods include menu items like noodles, desserts, drinks, burgers, pizza, sandwiches and popular breakfast meals. LA Weight Loss’ recipes make it easy to cook your favorite meals in a healthier way.
LA Weight Loss offers flexibility and customization through its online portal. Programs can get pricey, but dieters like the supportive online community and easy access to food logs, activity trackers and meal plans.
- Online access
- Modifiable plans
- Supportive, interactive community
- Expensive long-term programs
- Auto-ship required
What is the LA Weight Loss diet?
LA Weight Loss recognizes that everyone loses weight differently, so the company designs its plans to be flexible and customizable — you can pay for your monthly subscription and add foods not included in the program. The a la carte options let you pick and choose which supplements, snacks and foods you want to purchase to give you a meal plan based on your health history and specific weight loss goals.
How does LA Weight Loss work?
LA Weight Loss focuses on teaching you how to select the right foods to eat, and it dives into the connection between emotions and overeating. The program also encourages clients on the same weight loss journey to communicate with each other, and its app lets you track your progress and connect to its active online health and wellness community.
LA Weight Loss breaks weight loss down into four manageable phases that help you lose weight and maintain the weight loss by leading an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Phase one is the take-off phase, during which you prepare your body for weight loss through a two-day cleanse.
- Phase two is the weight-loss phase. You learn eating habits that change your body and your mind for the long term.
- Phase three, the transition phase, focuses on helping you switch from losing weight to maintaining your healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle.
- Phase four focuses on wellness. During this final phase, you learn how to establish habits that improve your health and maintain your weight.
LA Weight Loss plans and prices
LA Weight Loss offers a variety of online weight loss programs that cater to different lifestyles, budgets and weight loss goals. Some of the most popular LA Weight loss diet plans include LA Life Digital, LA Life Essential and LA Life Max.
- LA Life Digital
- LA Life Digital is a subscription-based program that lets you sign up for a one-month, three-month or six-month plan. All of LA Life Digital’s programs provide an activity log, meal log and a weight tracker, and it gives you unlimited access to exclusive content and a supportive weight loss community. The three-month plan costs about $3 a week.
- LA Life Essential
- The LA Life Essential plan includes a food tracker, recipes, two bottles of the company’s take-off cleanse, a free food scale, free shipping, 56 servings of LA Lites and more. The total price for the LA Life Essential package is $189.
- LA Life Max
- The LA Life Max plan includes a 30-day supply of multivitamins plus a 14-day supply of energy boost and LA FiberX. LA Life Max is a popular option for those more concerned with muscle tone and strength training than general weight loss. This plan is $249.99.
LA Weight Loss FAQ
- How much does LA Weight Loss cost?
- Monthly subscriptions to LA Weight Loss Digital Plan cost about $12 per month plus the cost of food. You can also purchase the LA Life Essential plan for $189 or the LA Life Max plan for $250.
- What are the average results for LA Weight Loss?
- Clients typically lose between 1 and 2 pounds a week when they follow the LA Weight Loss guidelines.
- How easy is it to follow the LA Weight Loss diet?
- You can access everything through your smartphone or tablet on the LA Weight Loss online portal. The app gives you immediate access to nutritional information that lets you eat what you love and still stay on track.
- How much exercise does LA Weight Loss require?
- The LA Weight Loss program gives clients access to an activity tracker so they can set personal goals for their exercise routine and eating habits. LA Weight Loss encourages its clients to stay active. While its focus is mainly on the foods you eat and portion control, the wellness phase helps reinforce lifestyle behaviors like exercise.
- What additional diet products are available from LA Weight Loss?
- One aspect that sets LA Weight Loss apart from other weight loss plans in the industry is that it has formulated a product line of bars, juices, snacks and soups.
- LA Weight Loss bars: The LA Weight Loss bars come in a variety of different flavors, including chocolate mint, double chocolate, peanut butter chocolate and cinnamon oatmeal raisin. These small, convenient bars fit in your to-go bag and help with those middle-of-the-day cravings for something sweet.
- LA Weight Loss juice: The LA Take Off juice is perfect for when you are trying to jump-start a new weight loss routine or heading into a plateau phase and want to kick-start your metabolism.
- LA Weight Loss soups: LA Weight Loss formulated its own classic homestyle chicken noodle soup recipe that is quick and easy to make.
- LA Weight Loss snacks: Having easy access to quick and delicious snacks is vital for a successful weight loss program. LA Weight Loss offers snacks like pizza bites and BBQ Crunchy Os to satisfy your craving for something salty, savory and satisfying.
- LA Weight Loss SlimMetrics: The line of LA Weight Loss SlimMetrics includes a variety of different multivitamins to help keep your weight loss on track. These include energy supplements and capsules designed to help relieve water retention, promote heart health and jump-start your metabolism.
- Are LA Weight Loss bars gluten-free?
- No, LA Weight Loss bars are not gluten-free.
- Who invented the LA Weight Loss diet?
- Vahan Karian founded LA Weight Loss in 1989. There were more than 800 LA Weight Loss Centers around the country by 2006. Today, LA Weight Loss is strictly an online program.
- Where are LA Weight Loss centers located?
- There are no brick-and-mortar LA Weight Loss centers. Everything is online.
Does LA Weight Loss work?
Many people have successfully lost weight using the LA Weight Loss system. However, the heavy emphasis on buying products can be off-putting for those looking to lose weight on a budget. For those that need some assistance with their diet, LA Weight Loss may help.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,545,722 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The LA Weight Loss Diet Plan Works Amazingly!! My cousin Mattie only paid $20. on Amazon.com for the CD with every plan and phase loaded on it, and bought Chocolate Luna bars at the supermarket instead of their overpriced "LA Lites". I paid much more for my CD, but still worth it! I made my own juice using the recipe given on the CD, instead of their overpriced juice. The only people that are disappointed with LA Weight Loss are the ones who spent thousands at the centers on supplements and over-priced snacks! If you just do it yourself, you can lose all the weight you want for less than $20. and your own groceries! She bought it on Amazon, but then found it even cheaper on ebay... either way, when you do it yourself it works just as well as going to the center.....but way way cheaper! I know because I have done it both ways.
In 2003, I joined LA Weight loss center in Barboursville, WV. The staff was very polite and helpful. I had a consistent counselor. In total I spent well over $3,000 for their line of products and supplements plus supermarket foods. I was consistent in weighing in, preparing my meals, and exercising every day. I lost 37 pounds in 7-8 months. I looked good, felt good, had energy out the roof. One cold day in Nov or Dec I went in to be weighed and was told that were closing for good on that very day. Needless to say, I gained all of the weight back as well as additional weight.
I haven't found any program as effective as the LA Weight loss program was. This was a huge letdown for me and many others. I'm sorry that you let us down LA Weight loss center. You will get exactly what you give or should I say what you gave us. You changed your program when you switched to go online, and it is NOT easy to follow, you discontinued some supplements that worked for certain clients with health issues. Shame on you! You could've given us the same program that we were used to when we had real live counselors that we could sit down and talk to face to face. If you ever decide to reconsider and open up your stores again, I can't say if I would or wouldn't join. Can't trust you. I hope your online business is doing well and I hope you have a good life.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
After paying a full program for a year in July 2014, in late November, without warning, they just closed operations in Costa Rica and we were left without explanation or refunds. They did not leave any phone number, just an email in which they assured me they would call me, and that there would be a follow up for me, and that they would be in touch. It was all a fraud! Which is a shame, because the program works! I lost 43 lbs in 4 months... Still, I am outraged and demand the return of my money!
Some time ago 5 years or so I joined the LA Weight Loss group in my town. I was told that I would not have to buy their products and could get my dietary needs at the local grocery stores. This is not at all what happened. They hired local young people, put them in a lab coat and called them dietitians. They then started hawking products such as pills, potions, cookies, bars, etc. They used very aggressive means to try to get you to buy these things as I think they were paid on how much they sold. Some of the young men were very aggressive. I explained that I did not want to buy things as I was on a strict budget. He told me I could charge them on a credit card. Amazing! We were required to come every day, weigh in and receive "counselling". More strong arms tactics to buy products. It is my estimation that this was just a scam to bilk people out of money. Nothing of what they said was going to happen really occurred. I spent $708.00 with them and feel I was robbed even if no gun was used. I hope this outfit is out of business.
At the beginning of December 2013, I cancelled my membership in LA Weight Loss through email (I have the copy of the email). Two of the costs associated with the plan were removed. The 3rd cost which consisted of the payment for their bars ($104.000) was not cancelled. Instead it was billed to my credit card. I keep getting bills from a credit company saying that I owe this money. To this day I have not gotten the bars nor has the charge been removed. The company tells us that the bank gave the money back to them saying it was a legitimate charge... How is the question since the card was cancelled and no charge appears on the new card. Meanwhile it is affecting my credit. So while the "diet" did not work, I am also out another $104.00. This is a fraudulent company which only wants money from people. They refuse to let you speak to someone higher up than a supervisor. Is there anyway you can help?? ?
Overcharged, food is gross, and not much freedom of choice. Never had the same counselor from one session to the next, and a lot of the counselors do not know their ** from a hole in the ground. I was just so glad to see the place go! I also did not like their LA Lites nor their Take Off Juice. I could get the goodies at Wal-Mart for a fraction of what they charged at LA Weight Loss Center.
I started the program in 2004. I was 21 years old. I had great success. I was right on track. I went to one of many offices in Las Vegas, NV. I, like so many people, went to weigh in one morning and the doors were locked and all dark inside. I have yet to this day to find a program that works for me like LA Weight Loss it. I paid for a full 12 month membership. I was only 3 months in when they shut down. I called all kind of numbers. Never got a dime back. All they do is send you to voicemail. Karma will come back around to the ill conceived idiot scammers who took everyone's money. I just can't believe these people threw this company away like they did. It really worked. They could of set themselves up for life. But instead ran it into the ground and ripped 1000's of people off. Sad situation. Does anyone out there have a story of getting their money back? I wonder if we can sue these people. Oh we'll. You live and learn.
I lost my weight goal, and then they shut down. I suppose to get some money from them for meeting my goal. They never did give it to me.
I joined LA Weight Loss in 2008 at the South Calgary location. Due to financial constraints, I chose the cheapest option and refused to buy my LA Weight Loss bars in bulk. I must admit that the program worked, and I enjoyed the results. On the downside, I saw a different advisor each time and was always subjected to pressure to sign up for more bars, vitamins, etc. Thankfully, after years in sales jobs, I knew how to avoid falling into that trap. I then found that the Takeoff Juice had exactly the same composition as a juice available in Walmart. The Walmart juice cost about a tenth of the LA Weight loss version. I then sourced the bars on eBay, again at a fraction of the cost. So my advice is by all means use the program. It does work but check out buying their products elsewhere.
I worked at a LA Weight Loss center many years ago and I had to quit. I thought I would be truly helping people not trying to coerce them into what they didn’t want or really didn’t need to have. I was always being pressured to persuade the most expensive package to every client. They would also size up the client by how she was dressed or by her occupation, even what kind of handbag she was carrying. I did not follow through with their horrible tactics. One day, the regional manager was at my center and overheard that my client was going to go ahead with the least expensive package, at which point the RM took over and tried so hard to convince her that she needed the more expensive one that the client left crying, never to return. They would also take in women who had no money, somewhere even in shelters, and make them do the CareCredit and charge everything they could, not caring that she had no means to pay all that back. I soon quit and always let everyone know that that place has no intention to help anyone. Helping is not on their agenda at all. I am sorry for those who enrolled with them and shame on those who made big bucks off of people who were vulnerable.
LA Weight Loss Center Company Information
- Company Name:
- LA Weight Loss
- Company Type:
- Formerly Named:
- LA Weight Loss Centers
- Los Angeles
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.