LA Weight Loss Center
3.73/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

LA Weight Loss Center

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

266 LA Weight Loss Center Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The LA Weight Loss Diet Plan Works Amazingly!! My cousin Mattie only paid $20. on Amazon.com for the CD with every plan and phase loaded on it, and bought Chocolate Luna bars at the supermarket instead of their overpriced "LA Lites". I paid much more for my CD, but still worth it! I made my own juice using the recipe given on the CD, instead of their overpriced juice. The only people that are disappointed with LA Weight Loss are the ones who spent thousands at the centers on supplements and over-priced snacks! If you just do it yourself, you can lose all the weight you want for less than $20. and your own groceries! She bought it on Amazon, but then found it even cheaper on ebay... either way, when you do it yourself it works just as well as going to the center.....but way way cheaper! I know because I have done it both ways.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

In 2003, I joined LA Weight loss center in Barboursville, WV. The staff was very polite and helpful. I had a consistent counselor. In total I spent well over $3,000 for their line of products and supplements plus supermarket foods. I was consistent in weighing in, preparing my meals, and exercising every day. I lost 37 pounds in 7-8 months. I looked good, felt good, had energy out the roof. One cold day in Nov or Dec I went in to be weighed and was told that were closing for good on that very day. Needless to say, I gained all of the weight back as well as additional weight.

I haven't found any program as effective as the LA Weight loss program was. This was a huge letdown for me and many others. I'm sorry that you let us down LA Weight loss center. You will get exactly what you give or should I say what you gave us. You changed your program when you switched to go online, and it is NOT easy to follow, you discontinued some supplements that worked for certain clients with health issues. Shame on you! You could've given us the same program that we were used to when we had real live counselors that we could sit down and talk to face to face. If you ever decide to reconsider and open up your stores again, I can't say if I would or wouldn't join. Can't trust you. I hope your online business is doing well and I hope you have a good life.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

After paying a full program for a year in July 2014, in late November, without warning, they just closed operations in Costa Rica and we were left without explanation or refunds. They did not leave any phone number, just an email in which they assured me they would call me, and that there would be a follow up for me, and that they would be in touch. It was all a fraud! Which is a shame, because the program works! I lost 43 lbs in 4 months... Still, I am outraged and demand the return of my money!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

Some time ago 5 years or so I joined the LA Weight Loss group in my town. I was told that I would not have to buy their products and could get my dietary needs at the local grocery stores. This is not at all what happened. They hired local young people, put them in a lab coat and called them dietitians. They then started hawking products such as pills, potions, cookies, bars, etc. They used very aggressive means to try to get you to buy these things as I think they were paid on how much they sold. Some of the young men were very aggressive. I explained that I did not want to buy things as I was on a strict budget. He told me I could charge them on a credit card. Amazing! We were required to come every day, weigh in and receive "counselling". More strong arms tactics to buy products. It is my estimation that this was just a scam to bilk people out of money. Nothing of what they said was going to happen really occurred. I spent $708.00 with them and feel I was robbed even if no gun was used. I hope this outfit is out of business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2014

At the beginning of December 2013, I cancelled my membership in LA Weight Loss through email (I have the copy of the email). Two of the costs associated with the plan were removed. The 3rd cost which consisted of the payment for their bars ($104.000) was not cancelled. Instead it was billed to my credit card. I keep getting bills from a credit company saying that I owe this money. To this day I have not gotten the bars nor has the charge been removed. The company tells us that the bank gave the money back to them saying it was a legitimate charge... How is the question since the card was cancelled and no charge appears on the new card. Meanwhile it is affecting my credit. So while the "diet" did not work, I am also out another $104.00. This is a fraudulent company which only wants money from people. They refuse to let you speak to someone higher up than a supervisor. Is there anyway you can help?? ?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2013

Overcharged, food is gross, and not much freedom of choice. Never had the same counselor from one session to the next, and a lot of the counselors do not know their ** from a hole in the ground. I was just so glad to see the place go! I also did not like their LA Lites nor their Take Off Juice. I could get the goodies at Wal-Mart for a fraction of what they charged at LA Weight Loss Center.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

I started the program in 2004. I was 21 years old. I had great success. I was right on track. I went to one of many offices in Las Vegas, NV. I, like so many people, went to weigh in one morning and the doors were locked and all dark inside. I have yet to this day to find a program that works for me like LA Weight Loss it. I paid for a full 12 month membership. I was only 3 months in when they shut down. I called all kind of numbers. Never got a dime back. All they do is send you to voicemail. Karma will come back around to the ill conceived idiot scammers who took everyone's money. I just can't believe these people threw this company away like they did. It really worked. They could of set themselves up for life. But instead ran it into the ground and ripped 1000's of people off. Sad situation. Does anyone out there have a story of getting their money back? I wonder if we can sue these people. Oh we'll. You live and learn.

Original review: May 13, 2013

I lost my weight goal, and then they shut down. I suppose to get some money from them for meeting my goal. They never did give it to me.

Original review: April 16, 2013

I joined LA Weight Loss in 2008 at the South Calgary location. Due to financial constraints, I chose the cheapest option and refused to buy my LA Weight Loss bars in bulk. I must admit that the program worked, and I enjoyed the results. On the downside, I saw a different advisor each time and was always subjected to pressure to sign up for more bars, vitamins, etc. Thankfully, after years in sales jobs, I knew how to avoid falling into that trap. I then found that the Takeoff Juice had exactly the same composition as a juice available in Walmart. The Walmart juice cost about a tenth of the LA Weight loss version. I then sourced the bars on eBay, again at a fraction of the cost. So my advice is by all means use the program. It does work but check out buying their products elsewhere.

Original review: March 18, 2013

I worked at a LA Weight Loss center many years ago and I had to quit. I thought I would be truly helping people not trying to coerce them into what they didn’t want or really didn’t need to have. I was always being pressured to persuade the most expensive package to every client. They would also size up the client by how she was dressed or by her occupation, even what kind of handbag she was carrying. I did not follow through with their horrible tactics. One day, the regional manager was at my center and overheard that my client was going to go ahead with the least expensive package, at which point the RM took over and tried so hard to convince her that she needed the more expensive one that the client left crying, never to return. They would also take in women who had no money, somewhere even in shelters, and make them do the CareCredit and charge everything they could, not caring that she had no means to pay all that back. I soon quit and always let everyone know that that place has no intention to help anyone. Helping is not on their agenda at all. I am sorry for those who enrolled with them and shame on those who made big bucks off of people who were vulnerable.

LA Weight Loss expert review by JJ Virgin

Program combines pre-portioned breakfast meals with snack bars and your own modified diet. Monthly plans start at $307.40 and include a juice cleanse. Meal replacement shakes and supplements optional.

• Discounts: Monthly plans are discounted 30 to 40 percent if enrolled in auto-renew shipments.

• Plan selection: Choose from three LA Weight Loss plans – silver, gold and platinum. Basic silver includes breakfast meals, snacks and cleanse. Gold adds meal replacement shakes. Platinum includes supplements.

• Weight loss tools: Cookbooks, portion-control containers, food scales and shaker bottles can be ordered from the website.

• Recipes: In addition to LA Weight Loss cookbooks available for purchase, the website features free recipes for each meal of the day, including snacks. Users may also submit a recipe for consideration.

• Shop for products: Users can individually order the LA TakeOff juice cleanse, supplements, shakes, snack bars or breakfast items from the website. The products are discounted if enrolled in auto shipment.

• Modify your plan: Dieters can modify or transition from their monthly plan by opting to order just the products they want.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
      JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

LA Weight Loss Center Company Information