Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

LA Weight Loss Center
3.72/5

LA Weight Loss Center

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

LA Weight Loss Center Reviews

Original review: Sept. 28, 2011

They have closed doors. I lost on weeks and lots of products, I would like my products or my money back. I feel like this is poor business practice and is stealing.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2011

I received a brochure from LA Weight Loss to receive half off of the program. I thought something was suspicious because I had thought this company went out of business several years ago!

Yes, at first in 2004, I went on this diet and it was totally legit and worked wonderfully. I'm glad that I came on here and read these complaints. Now I know for sure that the brochure is a scam!

Stay away from LA Weight Loss. They have closed the company for good!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 15, 2011

I have been trying to reconcile with this company for years now. I began the program in Sept. 2001 and lost tons of weight on program. Then I stopped going (banked my LA Lites), gained the weight back, so I signed up again for more weeks. I even bought more LA Lites (which you never get to take with you because they advise you to keep them there in the center where they will have a longer shelf life). In fact, they wouldn't give me more than a few boxes at a week. And since the bars are quite expensive, any fool would jump at the chance to buy in bulk and save money, which I did!

When I stopped going, I had about 16 boxes of Lites in my account. When I tried to go back, I learned that they had closed the center. I was never notified of their closing nor was I given the option to reconcile with them and come and collect my product. And when I tried to contact someone, all I got was a run around and was told that they don't have any record of the purchases. I don't expect to ever get satisfaction after reading all the complaints listed. But really, the company is a thief and pirate!!! And what totally stymies me is why anyone would want to use their name and sell their product, which is evident by the advertisement I received in the mail two days ago. Funny how that works--they have record of my name and address, but not my purchase records. What losers!!!

Original review: June 2, 2011

Well I started the program with the reassurance that I would lose all what I wanted no matter how long it took. So I went to the center 3 times a week and I stayed for the whole thing some would weigh and leave not me. I was determined to lose all the fat I had accumulated over the years. Before I shelled out over almost 1000 dollars, the first thing I ask is this company stable and going to be around because I'm poor but I will join if you promise me that this company is here. She said this company is here to stay for years. So I joined loved the meeting and talking with the support people.

Then I noticed that they wanted me to buy the food, so I did and the food wasn't very good but I stuck with it and it was that much more money I sunk into this program. I bought the snacks at almost 2.00 for a bag weighing less than 2 ounces but I did. Then they insisted I buy those bottles of juice one case about 200.00 dollars so I did and the bars 6 or 8 for not quite 15.00 dollars.

Anyway I start losing everything going great and they drop the bomb on us we're closing in one week! I mean can you believe it I had already had paid for the bars so I had to take 19 boxes of bars home and they were expired and I tried to take them back and they said no. the juice was expired so I have 10 bottles of juice that you can't drink. What I want is for someone tell how I can get my money back! I tried the phone calling but that doesn't work with me I need that one on one, that going to the center and discussing this and that! I loved doing that! I want my money back I spent almost 1600 hundred to 2000 thousand dollars that they lined their pockets with. If a lawyer wants to contact me I left my number, and I do have an answering machine if I'm not home.

Original review: May 31, 2011

I know that many people signed up for LA Weight Loss and added more weeks right before they were closing. I dont think most of the employees knew that they were going to be closing, but the company did before they started running these ads to save money. For those of you wanting a refund and you attended any store in Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington state, you should contact Medifast for a refund. The owners of Medifast in those markets was the same franchisee who owned the LA Weight Loss's in these areas. I would contact your Medifast stores to get a refund from what they have now franchiseed Medifast. I would be careful joining Medifast as well, since who knows if they will be doing this again with this company. Contact Medifast to get a refund ASAP before they go out of business too!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Original review: March 17, 2011

I joined 3 years ago and I paid $560.00 in full. They closed their doors and I have never heard from them again. They stole $560.00 from me!

Original review: March 8, 2011

In 2009, I paid for additional product but was told to get "o.k." in writing from my physician as I had recently been diagnosed with diabetes. To get the special price, I had to pay that day and pick up the product upon physician's approval. In the meantime, I had requested numerous times to get my paid-in-advance nutrition bars in bulk. It's always the same story that they don't have them in bulk but will call me when they get in. I never heard a word.

The counselors never followed through with my request to assist me in my 'diary' entries for the meals prepared from Weight Watcher's cookbook. Each time, they said that they would have to contact the main office and would provide information to me for future entries. There was no follow-up on their part! Being frustrated, I didn't go back for several months. The day that I finally went back, the doors were closed. I called their phone listing which, by now, is on my speed dial due to the number of calls I had made. The recording stated the new number for Knoxville (Turkey Creek) location.

I contacted Knoxville location at Turkey Creek by phone shortly after relocation. The representative stated that there is no record of my membership. I contacted Knoxville location again to see if anyone had located my information. I got no results. I contacted Knoxville location a year later (2 times), and still, no record. This time, they told me that it had been too long since I paid for the products for a refund. I told them that at this point, I am not asking for a refund. I just want products that I paid over $1,000 for consumption. Since there was no record, I was told that they would call me a.s.a.p. after checking elsewhere for verification of my membership. Just as before, I got no call!

I did retain my original contract but it did not have a contract number printed on the paperwork. It figures! Unfortunately, I cannot find anything with a contract number. So, the bottom line is this company is not trustworthy!! I went from the 1st location being a 15 minute drive, to the 2nd location, a 30 minute drive, to 3rd location, a40 minute drive (1-way, so double time for round trip).

Practically each month, there would be a change of personnel and they would always be suggesting that you pay-in-advance for special deals to save money. Like a fool, I would consent and hand over my credit card. Never will they return calls or do follow-up on the items requested or pertaining to questions. The original Alcoa location, I never had a complaint about. The rest? Not worth the gas money and time involved, and they have incompetent employees. I sure wish I had done my homework in advance. To find so many complaints lodged against L.A. Weight Loss Centers, I never would have joined! I beg of anyone who would be able to help me obtain my products.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2010

I was on the program and LA closed the office, I was told I could receive my prepaid product by mail at no charge to me. A few weeks before they closed, they had a special for $99 you could extend your service for a year. I believe this was the last effort on their part to fill their wallets before closing. I contacted the Attorney General in MN and requested help after detailed communications with them. They also just started ignoring my letters to them. Should this not have been a class action law suit? I was working on this issue before LA closed their offices.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2010

I paid for a yearly program for the protein bars which cost me $1,000. I was in the program for only 2 months and LA Weight loss moved out and Pure Weight loss took over than they left soon after LA Weight pulled out. I did not know where to get my refund of $800.00. Just recently, I received a card in the mail stating that they are a new company and that the program is now on the internet, where you purchase your food and it is delivered to your door. Once I read the complaints, I realized it was just another scam. How do I get my money back? I loss $800.00.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2010

Now, I for one did lose weight on the diet and was doing my maintenance. I paid for my bars and the place closed down. I thought I could go to the other close by me but they were also closed down. So about three years later, I run across complaints on L.A. Weightloss Clinic. I really don't remember how much they owe but of course, I bought in bulk too. It's too bad that I only have the first years books on my menu and the very first receipt! That's all I have to even be able to say I've been there and done that.

LA Weight Loss Center Company Information