Find a Weight Loss Programs partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About LA Weight Loss Center

LA Weight Loss is an online-only diet program. It offers an extensive selection of recipes and food options that help you reach your weight loss goals. LA Weight Loss foods include menu items like noodles, desserts, drinks, burgers, pizza, sandwiches and popular breakfast meals. LA Weight Loss’ recipes make it easy to cook your favorite meals in a healthier way.

Pros

• Online access
  • Modifiable plans
  • Supportive, interactive community

Cons

• Expensive long-term programs
  • Auto-ship required

Bottom Line

LA Weight Loss offers flexibility and customization through its online portal. Programs can get pricey, but dieters like the supportive online community and easy access to food logs, activity trackers and meal plans.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

LA Weight Loss Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Original review: May 13, 2013

I lost my weight goal, and then they shut down. I suppose to get some money from them for meeting my goal. They never did give it to me.

Original review: April 16, 2013

I joined LA Weight Loss in 2008 at the South Calgary location. Due to financial constraints, I chose the cheapest option and refused to buy my LA Weight Loss bars in bulk. I must admit that the program worked, and I enjoyed the results. On the downside, I saw a different advisor each time and was always subjected to pressure to sign up for more bars, vitamins, etc. Thankfully, after years in sales jobs, I knew how to avoid falling into that trap. I then found that the Takeoff Juice had exactly the same composition as a juice available in Walmart. The Walmart juice cost about a tenth of the LA Weight loss version. I then sourced the bars on eBay, again at a fraction of the cost. So my advice is by all means use the program. It does work but check out buying their products elsewhere.

Original review: March 18, 2013

I worked at a LA Weight Loss center many years ago and I had to quit. I thought I would be truly helping people not trying to coerce them into what they didn’t want or really didn’t need to have. I was always being pressured to persuade the most expensive package to every client. They would also size up the client by how she was dressed or by her occupation, even what kind of handbag she was carrying. I did not follow through with their horrible tactics. One day, the regional manager was at my center and overheard that my client was going to go ahead with the least expensive package, at which point the RM took over and tried so hard to convince her that she needed the more expensive one that the client left crying, never to return. They would also take in women who had no money, somewhere even in shelters, and make them do the CareCredit and charge everything they could, not caring that she had no means to pay all that back. I soon quit and always let everyone know that that place has no intention to help anyone. Helping is not on their agenda at all. I am sorry for those who enrolled with them and shame on those who made big bucks off of people who were vulnerable.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2012

I ordered the Size Zero Patch which came with a 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied, without any time limits for return. The product was completely worthless, unless you like having gas - that's all it does. I used one package and returned four, unopened. I wouldn't have complained if I didn't get all of my money back, but they wouldn't give any. After a month of waiting, there were no refunds, so I called. They told me that I should have called before I returned it and that they didn't have a record of a return. It was never delivered back to me. They got it and didn't have to sign for it, so they pretended that they didn't get it and resold it to another sucker.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss Center back in the middle of August this year 2012. After going constantly for 2 months and seeing great results, LA Weight Loss decided to close all their centers. We were told we can do the program online but there is no way to do this. The only thing on the online is ways to order products and see recipes. They have nothing else set up for us. I have contacted their customer service and got the runaround. I have chatted online with their reps without any satisfaction. I have asked for a refund and got no reply. I paid for a 12-month program and only got 2 months out of it. There are no longer any centers to go to get weighed 3 times per week, and have a counselor go over my food diary with me.

In the centers, they also take your measurements once a month as well as a picture so you could see the results. This is why I joined the program and now this no longer exists. That company actually promoted one of the counselors on a Friday to manager of another center, and then told its employees 3 days later on that Monday that they were closing the centers down. I asked for the owner’s name or a name in upper management and they refused to give it to me. I got nothing but a runaround from customer service and also on the online chats. This company took my money and they are keeping it and I have no center to go to anymore.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

LA Lite Bars - I was very proud in 2006, when I lost 24lbs in 5 months. I was telling everyone about LA Weight Loss. I had to stop the maintenance program due to me getting pregnant, after I lost the weight! That was actually the joke at the center, I went to in Chicago's south side; Chatham. I was told to leave the boxes there (this was in 07) and I could continue after I've had the baby. I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant when I heard that they were closing stores. I took a drive over to the branch that I normally went to and they were completely closed. A few weeks later, I get a letter in the mail stating that LA Weight Loss didn't have to repay anyone because of their bankruptcy or something of that nature. Now, they are open again and I spoke with a rep that told me that my information wasn't in their system and that the "New" owners won't honor what I've lost. That is horrible! I wasn't even asking for my money back. I just want my bars. I still had a balance somewhere in the $400 range. Can't we all take these complaints and get some kind of settlement?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss in Feb 2007. I would frequent the center located on Chicago's southside in the Chatham neighborhood. I was on the green plan. The one thing that I can say was the employees were nice. I did indeed loss weight. However, when the center went out of business, it was a total shock. Dec 2007, I went into the center on a Thursday to weigh in and what not. I was told that Saturday was their last day and that they were closing for good. I still had about 7 months left on the program and hadn't reached my goal. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even close to reaching my goal. I was told by the girls at the center to send a request to an address (it was so long ago, I don't remember) to corporate I think. I still hadn't received a dime of my money and it's going on 5 years.

I tried to call the number that they have on their current site 800-727-3042. The number doesn't even work! I loved LA Weight Loss, I thought they were an awesome program. However, they can do much better customer service wise. I wouldn't mind doing the program again. But the fact that they are shrewd in business left a bad taste in my mouth. If I was to do the program, I'd find my old books and do it alone, without throwing $63543675134 down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2012

I bought the LA Lites in bulk and really did well with the weight loss. I didn’t reach my goal but was happy and left my remaining bars at the location as they persuaded me that the bars would always be there and I would benefit as the bars would have a better shelf life.

I popped into a different location, close to my new place of work to buy some 'take off' for an upcoming event. My ole counselor was there so I asked her to check on my bar balance. She telephoned and was told they were all taken out and my supply was used. This was far from correct and I asked them to investigate.

To cut a long inquiry short, a member of the staff had transferred my bars out by using another client with the same last name. Apparently, the counselor was fired and I was told the manager of the store would contact me as I still had $400 worth of bars. The manager never called so I went to the store and it has completely closed down. I called my original counselor at the other location and she has now left. What do I do now?!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2011

I joined LA Weight Loss in October 2011. Within 2 weeks of joining, my financial situation changed, therefore, I deferred my monthly charges for LA Lites, vitamins & take off juice. I had already prepaid $520 for 12 months of weigh-ins and counseling. The center informed me that if I wasn't buying the bars & supplements, I was not allowed to utilize the center for what I had already paid for. This was not addressed in the consultation, nor is it written in any of the original paperwork reviewed with me at any time during the consult. I was told I would only be able to defer two months of payments for the supplement and the center would be in contact with me prior to billing my credit card again. This has not happened.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2011

My program was on hold due to to my mother being ill, & having to help care for her out of town. My husband would go in, and pick up boxes of bars for me. Then one day, he went to pick some up & the office, had closed and reopened to a Medifast clinic with all the same workers. No notice, no nothing. He was given a number to call regarding the boxes of bars still owed to me. In total, I am owed 67 boxes of bars, at $23 per box ($1,541.00). I've called the number and spoken with a receptionist numerous times. I am always being promised a call back, but never received one. My local office (now Medifast) states that they are completely out of the equation, and that I am at the mercy of whomever took over the files. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

LA Weight Loss Center Company Information