Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

LA Weight Loss Center
3.72/5

LA Weight Loss Center

LA Weight Loss Center Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2008

I bought a 70-week program on 04/25/08 for $371.54 and bought 40 boxes of LA Lites for $457.93. I went to the center today, 07/27/08, and was told they are closing the center and I later found out they are going bankrupt. I was still owed 32 boxes of Lite bars at $9.98 a box and the 52 plus weeks of program. I am a single mother and live paycheck to paycheck but needed to do something to improve my health. Now I will never be able to go to a weight loss center again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2012

I ordered the Size Zero Patch which came with a 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied, without any time limits for return. The product was completely worthless, unless you like having gas - that's all it does. I used one package and returned four, unopened. I wouldn't have complained if I didn't get all of my money back, but they wouldn't give any. After a month of waiting, there were no refunds, so I called. They told me that I should have called before I returned it and that they didn't have a record of a return. It was never delivered back to me. They got it and didn't have to sign for it, so they pretended that they didn't get it and resold it to another sucker.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss Center back in the middle of August this year 2012. After going constantly for 2 months and seeing great results, LA Weight Loss decided to close all their centers. We were told we can do the program online but there is no way to do this. The only thing on the online is ways to order products and see recipes. They have nothing else set up for us. I have contacted their customer service and got the runaround. I have chatted online with their reps without any satisfaction. I have asked for a refund and got no reply. I paid for a 12-month program and only got 2 months out of it. There are no longer any centers to go to get weighed 3 times per week, and have a counselor go over my food diary with me.

In the centers, they also take your measurements once a month as well as a picture so you could see the results. This is why I joined the program and now this no longer exists. That company actually promoted one of the counselors on a Friday to manager of another center, and then told its employees 3 days later on that Monday that they were closing the centers down. I asked for the owner’s name or a name in upper management and they refused to give it to me. I got nothing but a runaround from customer service and also on the online chats. This company took my money and they are keeping it and I have no center to go to anymore.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2008

I signed up and paid for 1 year membership with products on November 11th, 2008. And today, I dropped in for my session (December 30th, 2008) and found the center closed with a sorry on the door and no information for contact. It appears that it has closed and it has product purchased and held on storage. This was common practice, to leave your health products in the store and draw on it as they needed it. How do I proceed with getting back the unused portion of my membership? Consequences: the cost to me was $452.00 and during these economic times, this was money that was spent in good faith.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2008

They went out of business. I pre-paid for services and product. I was not reimbursed for the pre-paid product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Original review: March 17, 2011

I joined 3 years ago and I paid $560.00 in full. They closed their doors and I have never heard from them again. They stole $560.00 from me!

Original review: July 29, 2010

I paid a full program price and was in the middle of my program when they closed the doors. I asked about the potential of them closing (of which I heard a rumor) and, of course, they all denied it. I was not given all the nutrition bars I paid for nor the additional weight loss service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

LA Lite Bars - I was very proud in 2006, when I lost 24lbs in 5 months. I was telling everyone about LA Weight Loss. I had to stop the maintenance program due to me getting pregnant, after I lost the weight! That was actually the joke at the center, I went to in Chicago's south side; Chatham. I was told to leave the boxes there (this was in 07) and I could continue after I've had the baby. I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant when I heard that they were closing stores. I took a drive over to the branch that I normally went to and they were completely closed. A few weeks later, I get a letter in the mail stating that LA Weight Loss didn't have to repay anyone because of their bankruptcy or something of that nature. Now, they are open again and I spoke with a rep that told me that my information wasn't in their system and that the "New" owners won't honor what I've lost. That is horrible! I wasn't even asking for my money back. I just want my bars. I still had a balance somewhere in the $400 range. Can't we all take these complaints and get some kind of settlement?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss in Feb 2007. I would frequent the center located on Chicago's southside in the Chatham neighborhood. I was on the green plan. The one thing that I can say was the employees were nice. I did indeed loss weight. However, when the center went out of business, it was a total shock. Dec 2007, I went into the center on a Thursday to weigh in and what not. I was told that Saturday was their last day and that they were closing for good. I still had about 7 months left on the program and hadn't reached my goal. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even close to reaching my goal. I was told by the girls at the center to send a request to an address (it was so long ago, I don't remember) to corporate I think. I still hadn't received a dime of my money and it's going on 5 years.

I tried to call the number that they have on their current site 800-727-3042. The number doesn't even work! I loved LA Weight Loss, I thought they were an awesome program. However, they can do much better customer service wise. I wouldn't mind doing the program again. But the fact that they are shrewd in business left a bad taste in my mouth. If I was to do the program, I'd find my old books and do it alone, without throwing $63543675134 down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2012

I bought the LA Lites in bulk and really did well with the weight loss. I didn’t reach my goal but was happy and left my remaining bars at the location as they persuaded me that the bars would always be there and I would benefit as the bars would have a better shelf life.

I popped into a different location, close to my new place of work to buy some 'take off' for an upcoming event. My ole counselor was there so I asked her to check on my bar balance. She telephoned and was told they were all taken out and my supply was used. This was far from correct and I asked them to investigate.

To cut a long inquiry short, a member of the staff had transferred my bars out by using another client with the same last name. Apparently, the counselor was fired and I was told the manager of the store would contact me as I still had $400 worth of bars. The manager never called so I went to the store and it has completely closed down. I called my original counselor at the other location and she has now left. What do I do now?!

LA Weight Loss Center Company Information