LA Weight Loss Center

LA Weight Loss Center
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

LA Weight Loss is an online-only diet program. It offers an extensive selection of recipes and food options that help you reach your weight loss goals. LA Weight Loss foods include menu items like noodles, desserts, drinks, burgers, pizza, sandwiches and popular breakfast meals. LA Weight Loss’ recipes make it easy to cook your favorite meals in a healthier way.

LA Weight Loss Center Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

LA Weight Loss Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Weight Loss?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2012

I ordered the Size Zero Patch which came with a 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied, without any time limits for return. The product was completely worthless, unless you like having gas - that's all it does. I used one package and returned four, unopened. I wouldn't have complained if I didn't get all of my money back, but they wouldn't give any. After a month of waiting, there were no refunds, so I called. They told me that I should have called before I returned it and that they didn't have a record of a return. It was never delivered back to me. They got it and didn't have to sign for it, so they pretended that they didn't get it and resold it to another sucker.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss Center back in the middle of August this year 2012. After going constantly for 2 months and seeing great results, LA Weight Loss decided to close all their centers. We were told we can do the program online but there is no way to do this. The only thing on the online is ways to order products and see recipes. They have nothing else set up for us. I have contacted their customer service and got the runaround. I have chatted online with their reps without any satisfaction. I have asked for a refund and got no reply. I paid for a 12-month program and only got 2 months out of it. There are no longer any centers to go to get weighed 3 times per week, and have a counselor go over my food diary with me.

In the centers, they also take your measurements once a month as well as a picture so you could see the results. This is why I joined the program and now this no longer exists. That company actually promoted one of the counselors on a Friday to manager of another center, and then told its employees 3 days later on that Monday that they were closing the centers down. I asked for the owner’s name or a name in upper management and they refused to give it to me. I got nothing but a runaround from customer service and also on the online chats. This company took my money and they are keeping it and I have no center to go to anymore.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

LA Lite Bars - I was very proud in 2006, when I lost 24lbs in 5 months. I was telling everyone about LA Weight Loss. I had to stop the maintenance program due to me getting pregnant, after I lost the weight! That was actually the joke at the center, I went to in Chicago's south side; Chatham. I was told to leave the boxes there (this was in 07) and I could continue after I've had the baby. I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant when I heard that they were closing stores. I took a drive over to the branch that I normally went to and they were completely closed. A few weeks later, I get a letter in the mail stating that LA Weight Loss didn't have to repay anyone because of their bankruptcy or something of that nature. Now, they are open again and I spoke with a rep that told me that my information wasn't in their system and that the "New" owners won't honor what I've lost. That is horrible! I wasn't even asking for my money back. I just want my bars. I still had a balance somewhere in the $400 range. Can't we all take these complaints and get some kind of settlement?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I joined LA Weight Loss in Feb 2007. I would frequent the center located on Chicago's southside in the Chatham neighborhood. I was on the green plan. The one thing that I can say was the employees were nice. I did indeed loss weight. However, when the center went out of business, it was a total shock. Dec 2007, I went into the center on a Thursday to weigh in and what not. I was told that Saturday was their last day and that they were closing for good. I still had about 7 months left on the program and hadn't reached my goal. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even close to reaching my goal. I was told by the girls at the center to send a request to an address (it was so long ago, I don't remember) to corporate I think. I still hadn't received a dime of my money and it's going on 5 years.

I tried to call the number that they have on their current site 800-727-3042. The number doesn't even work! I loved LA Weight Loss, I thought they were an awesome program. However, they can do much better customer service wise. I wouldn't mind doing the program again. But the fact that they are shrewd in business left a bad taste in my mouth. If I was to do the program, I'd find my old books and do it alone, without throwing $63543675134 down the drain.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2012

I bought the LA Lites in bulk and really did well with the weight loss. I didn’t reach my goal but was happy and left my remaining bars at the location as they persuaded me that the bars would always be there and I would benefit as the bars would have a better shelf life.

I popped into a different location, close to my new place of work to buy some 'take off' for an upcoming event. My ole counselor was there so I asked her to check on my bar balance. She telephoned and was told they were all taken out and my supply was used. This was far from correct and I asked them to investigate.

To cut a long inquiry short, a member of the staff had transferred my bars out by using another client with the same last name. Apparently, the counselor was fired and I was told the manager of the store would contact me as I still had $400 worth of bars. The manager never called so I went to the store and it has completely closed down. I called my original counselor at the other location and she has now left. What do I do now?!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2011

I joined LA Weight Loss in October 2011. Within 2 weeks of joining, my financial situation changed, therefore, I deferred my monthly charges for LA Lites, vitamins & take off juice. I had already prepaid $520 for 12 months of weigh-ins and counseling. The center informed me that if I wasn't buying the bars & supplements, I was not allowed to utilize the center for what I had already paid for. This was not addressed in the consultation, nor is it written in any of the original paperwork reviewed with me at any time during the consult. I was told I would only be able to defer two months of payments for the supplement and the center would be in contact with me prior to billing my credit card again. This has not happened.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2011

My program was on hold due to to my mother being ill, & having to help care for her out of town. My husband would go in, and pick up boxes of bars for me. Then one day, he went to pick some up & the office, had closed and reopened to a Medifast clinic with all the same workers. No notice, no nothing. He was given a number to call regarding the boxes of bars still owed to me. In total, I am owed 67 boxes of bars, at $23 per box ($1,541.00). I've called the number and spoken with a receptionist numerous times. I am always being promised a call back, but never received one. My local office (now Medifast) states that they are completely out of the equation, and that I am at the mercy of whomever took over the files. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2011

I joined in 2006 approximately for myself and my son. I was talked into a deluxe program and paid $2000.00 through Care Credit. This was in Hyannis, MA. From the start, the program seemed very unstable as I never saw the same counselor twice. After 1 month, the center closed without any notice at all. I went down to get some bars/shakes and the office was empty. I went online and found that the closest office was in Providence, Rhode Island. Other offices in MA had also closed. Then, the company went bankrupt shortly after.

Feeling like a complete fool, I paid Care Credit or GE Moneybank as they are really called for about 3 years to keep my credit good. But I was paying for nothing. I stopped paying in 2009 and tried to work with GE Moneybank through documentation from the web. Meanwhile, the LA Weight Loss online program, a different owner, had no record of me or my son ever joining. Also, GE Moneybank would not reveal any of my statements from past payments. I had always paid them online and had no records. Now I am being sued for $3800.00 by GE Moneybank. I have read hundreds of letters like mine online. My trial is on Nov. 1, 2011. I'm going to get a lawyer to help me hopefully out of this fraud scam!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2011

I signed up with LA Weight Loss and got sick immediately afterward with a long term condition with my thyroid. I had to have surgery. They told me they would put me on hold. I paid lots of money and a huge bulk for it. I had to have my thyroid removed and it caused various problems. They also couldn't control other issues, so the doctor disabled me. I gathered all my information to take to them and they had shut down. I called, they told me to fax it to them and I did at least ten times. They said they only see that I had signed up for short amount and small bars, so I sent them receipt and then more faxes. Then they said it had been too long by then. I couldn't get my money back. I had been sick from day one. They had put me on hold and closed down within a couple of months. What can I do about it? I have all the necessary documents I need.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2011

I joined LA Weight Loss in the late summer of 2010. My loss was slow; I lost 20 lbs over more than a year. I was switched around on the foods and advice all the time, with the lady who was helping me quitting and no one telling me about it for two months. I know that it was part my responsibility, but I paid for the service of them keeping me on track. They did not.

Then, in the summer of 2011, for ten weeks, they ignored me once again, with the girl helping me quitting again. Now, they have closed down for good after I purchased more weeks, and had about five weeks left. That's 35 weeks in total that I did not get. They broke their contract by not giving me the service I paid for. I am out a lot of money that I need as I am a student without a job. And I haven't learned much and am bordering on an eating disorder because of them.

LA Weight Loss Center Company Information