Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Hydroxycut offers diet supplements and a supporting weight loss program. Products include capsules, gummies and powders. Its primary ingredients include caffeine, green coffee extract (C. canephora robusta), apple cider vinegar and B vitamins.

BOTTOM LINE

Hydroxycut can be beneficial for some people who have struggled to lose weight, though the products may cause some discomfort. Many consumers have seen results they like after taking Hydroxycut.

PROS

• Multiple formats
  • Helpful mobile app
  • Large variety

CONS

• Drug interactions
  • Potential side effects

Top Hydroxycut Reviews We Found

I think it is unfair when reviews state "do not use!"... I understand there can be negative side effects, but we are all different and so is the way we respond... The first day or two were pretty rough... I make sure to stay hydrated... I've lost 9 lb after ~50 days and feel stronger and leaner.

This does what it says it will do, I have noticed a difference in my weight loss. I was 153 now I am 137 but that is also with exercise and eating clean... when you take it as instructed you should work out, it gives me more energy in the gym to last longer run longer lift longer.

Hydroxycut weight loss pills

Hydroxycut sells dietary supplement products in a variety of formats, including pills, gummies and drinks, that are designed for weight loss and sports performance. Hydroxycut products include the following:

• 30-Day Weight Loss Kick-Start Kit
    • Hydroxycut Black
    • Hydroxycut Hardcore
    • Hydroxycut Organic
    • Hydroxycut Platinum

The primary weight loss component in Hydroxycut is C. canephora robusta. According to Hydroxycut, a study shows that those who use this ingredient lose an average of 10.95 pounds over a 60-day period. Subjects placed in the study’s placebo group that did not use C. canephora robusta lost an average of 5.4 pounds.

Hydroxycut side effects and safety

Some reported side effects for the current formulation of Hydroxycut include anxiety, insomnia, nausea and diarrhea. Additionally, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reported Hydroxycut can cause liver toxicity, which can cause jaundice, brown urine, abdominal pain, vomiting and fatigue, though reports of these adverse effects are rare.

Hydroxycut contains electrolytes, minerals and stimulants, including calcium and potassium, that may not be appropriate for people with compromised kidney or liver function. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use Hydroxycut.

Other possible side effects of Hydroxycut include shakiness, indigestion and heartburn along with potential drug interactions with certain antibiotics, antidepressants, asthma medications or diabetes medication.

Prior to 2004, Hydroxycut contained ephedra, which has since been banned by the FDA and is no longer included in the product.

Hydroxycut price

Hydroxycut products vary from $19.99 to $29.99, depending on the quantity, format and type of supplement you want. The company frequently features sales on its website.

Product CategoryPrice
    Weight Loss$18.99 - $21.99
    Ultra Lean$26.99
    Premium Weight Loss$26.99 - $29.99
    Non-Stimulant$19.99
    Sport$21.99 - $26.99

Hydroxycut FAQ

How much weight can you lose in a week with Hydroxycut?
    Some users state they were able to lose around 36 to 39 pounds during the 17-week program, which totals around 2 to 3 pounds each week.
    How long should you take Hydroxycut?
    For the best results, use Hydroxycut for 60 days while maintaining a calorie-reduced diet and regular activity.
    Do you have to eat after taking Hydroxycut?
    Yes, the company recommends eating after taking Hydroxycut for best results. Take one serving 30 minutes before each of your two biggest meals of the day. Avoid taking any Hydroxycut product five hours before going to sleep.
    How fast do you see results with Hydroxycut?
    Results vary by person. According to Hydroxycut, 3 pounds is a healthy amount of weight to lose in one week. Most customers notice results in just a few weeks.
    Does Hydroxycut work for belly fat?
    Hydroxycut products do not target one specific area. Some users report losing up to 39 pounds in 17 weeks, which would most likely contribute to weight loss in the abdominal area.

Is Hydroxycut worth it?

Hydroxycut products can be effective for people who need help achieving their weight loss goals, though they’re designed to work in tandem with a healthy diet and frequent exercise. Customers report that while the product does work, it can cause some uncomfortable side effects. Results vary by person, so we only recommend this product for those who haven’t had success with other weight loss methods.

Hydroxycut Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

I took the time to write this because I've read many reviews and I think it is unfair when reviews state "do not use!" etc. I understand there can be negative side effects, but we are all different and so is the way we respond to substances. I'm 36, 5'9 and 148 lb as of now. I followed the directions and took one pill, twice a day for a few days. The first day or two were pretty rough with light-headedness and a little nausea. However, I quickly progressed to two pills twice a day. I make sure to stay hydrated and have been working out every day/eating fairly cleanly. I've lost 9 lb after around 50 days and feel stronger and leaner. It doesn't sound like a lot but my body composition has changed of course. I'm at my basic training weight from 12 yrs ago! Try it and see what happens.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I want to begin by saying I have read about 50 reviews before writing my own. I noticed most were 1 or 2 stars, with comments that have to do with nausea, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, etc. With all types of pills, whether OTC or prescribed, you will feel side effects, especially when you have a pre-existing condition THAT YOU MAY NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT. Not saying you already sick, but there are people out there who have a heart condition and don't have a clue that they have one. With that said I will start my review.

I started taking Hydroxycut Platinum 4 days ago. I take 1 pill per day. I will never take 2 a day, as I know myself, and could not handle that much caffeine. I completely stopped drinking a morning and afternoon coffee as soon as I started taking this pill. My 1st pill was right after breakfast, and I felt an uncomfortable rush of energy about 30min later. There, I said to myself, "I probably won't be taking this again". But, it tapered off to a comfortable level about another 15 min after, and I felt much better. My body had a lighter, more airy feeling. I have been taking in about 1/4 of my usual caloric intake every day for 4 days.

I've also been moving around more, i.e gardening and yard work, not hitting the weights or treadmill. With that in mind, I started this journey at 206lbs, and 4 days later, I am down to 198lbs. I still take only 1 pill per day, immediately after breakfast, and keep my caloric intake as low as I possibly can all day, while still having 3 meals a day and a snack here and there. Since the 1st day of taking this pill, I have not had anxiety, or nervousness. I have not had any diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, cramping, or any discomfort. The only thing I will say is I have had jitters that last maybe 10-15min, but I've had jitters on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee, so I am not too worried about it.

Get buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I’ve been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore for 3 days now and I love it! Gives you a HUGE boost of energy to make you want to move your body. It also really curbs my appetite. No cramps or vomit for me.....

Original review: May 25, 2020

I came here to read the reviews to see if other people were suffering what I am experiencing with this product. I have to confirm most of the symptoms mentioned are accurate as I have been taking first the gummies and power. I followed directions and I have been getting a great increase of appetite and gain a lot of weight, insomnia, anxiousness, losing my hair, fatigue and stomach jitters. Today I realized that this product was causing all of the symptoms as I did not have any of this before taking it. Please DO NOT take this. I gained 10 pounds because I always felt more hungry after taking the gummies. I followed the instructions correctly and regret to have realized so late. Hope this gets out of my system soon.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I purchased this believing it'll be a great alternative in purchasing medi WeightLoss products and I was wrong. This product actually increased my appetite and weight gain. I used this product for 3 weeks and noticed water retention and an increase in weight. My chest had cramps which made me unable to be physically enabled.

I'm giving this product a negative review because the product doesn't do what it says it would do. Yes they put ingredients that'll help WeightLoss but I question now in retrospect, why would anyone need to consume so many pills if the ingredients were that potent? 1 pill twice a day for three days and then on day four and on, you have to take 2 pills twice a day so ultimately you'll run out rather quickly before seeing possible results. They suggest 2 months or 60 days but those pills are gone way before that happens so you'll probably end up buying 3 bottles in 60 days before you see "results". Yeah I'm good. If you buy this product believing this would increase WeightLoss, you'll regret it because I'm having the issue of getting back on track. Fyi I'm three weeks, I've gained 8 pounds and I'm on a 1100 protein calorie lifestyle with no carbs, little to no sugar and fat. Don't believe this hype.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxycut?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Today would be the fourth day on Hydroxycut. I've read some of the worst reviews. I can't really speak on the weight loss because I haven't gotten to that part yet but side effect wise you feel fine nothing.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

One week on Hydroxycut Max blood pressure is up 146/102 this morning and my heart feels like it’s popping out of my chest but my heart rate is normal 82. My poop is pitch black and loose every time I eat. I’m so anxious and jittery to the point I just vomited. I have trashed them. Don’t take them. I have only been taking one pill in the morning with food.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I started using this product. Using it correctly, I also have been on a healthy diet plan and enjoy exercising everyday. I got extremely sick from taking these pills. I thought maybe it was the food I ate but I soon realized it was the pills. My stomach has been cramping and it is painful. I am extremely nauseous. I have had diarrhea for three days. No matter what I eat it comes right back out. I am still having horrible stomach pains. I discontinued the product and will not use again.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Had a migraine for 4 hours. The shakes started about 30 minutes ago. Yes, I took with food. The nausea set in about 20 minutes ago. Never reacted to anything like this. I’m anything but weak but this crap is about to send me to the hospital. DO NOT TAKE.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I feel like I have gained more weight than losing as anticipated after purchasing it. I feel more hungry and always tired. The 1st few days I used to get very fast heartbeats which really got me scared. I am not sure if I continue will still see me through my expectations.

Hydroxycut Company Information