1.63/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

29 Hydroxycut Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been taking Hydroxycut for several weeks now, I haven't noticed any dramatic weight loss maybe a couple of pounds but I am pretty sure that from extreme dieting and exercise. It does give a nice boost of energy once you get past the first few days of nausea, headaches etc. It makes you extremely hungry so until you can get used to the hungry pains it really sucks!!! And when I got to the bottom of my bottle I noticed a black substance inside some of my capsules that looked like MOLD!!! I immediately discontinued using the product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I took the Hydroxycut pill twice a day and took it for two days. I had severe headaches, felt nauseous, severely hungry, tired, had stomach cramps, burning sore throat and after having a BM my bottom felt like I ate spicy food. I didn’t sleep good either night and thought maybe I caught a virus. I stopped the pills and feel much better.

Get expert buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Hydroxycut hardcore - I've taken different versions of this pill. But this version is extremely dangerous. I stopped them after the third day, to try again to make sure it was these pills. Close to vomiting all of a sudden, thought I was going to pass out. Needed food immediately and didn't care what I ate I was desperate to not feel so awful so quickly. Took only the one pill in the morning; and the side effects made my entire day difficult... nervousness, dizziness, tachycardia, even while resting and getting ready for bed that night. Stomachache I couldn't explain because I wasn't hungry but felt I needed to eat - without this pill I am able to focus and get proper nutrition. With it I felt so bad I just wanted it to stop. I suffered awful symptoms from the morning. It never went away until sometime after midnight all from one pill at 10am.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I started taking the product on a Thursday, by Sunday I was experiencing itching, puffy and lazy eyes, as well as extreme fatigue. I took it one last time this morning, just to kind of confirm that it was the product that was causing this to my body. Spot on- the itching started and then I felt my eyes start to get puffy. I will definitely be discontinuing. Luckily, it's not a lot of money I invested.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I decided to try the gummies when I started to gain weight after my cancer treatments ended. I waited several months. I've taken them about 3 weeks now. I have had severe cramping, pain and diarrhea for over 2 weeks now. I called my doctor and tests showed an infection so I stopped taking the gummies and was put on antibiotics. After feeling better and issues gone, I went back ok n the gummies and within 3 days it was all back. Spoke with my doctor yesterday and was told to stop the gummies. I'm hoping this clears up soon. It has gotten so bad that I can't leave my home because of all the pain and the diarrhea. I sit with a heating pad everyday just to try to relieve pain. Now I have bleeding from my rectum and will be seeing the doctor about that today. She feels it could be bleeding hemorrhoids from all the diarrhea. Please take it from someone suffering. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxycut?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I took Hydroxycut for three days. It was the powder form to mix with water. I'm still feeling it in my stomach and my chest. Here it is a week after I stopped taking it. It was the best near death experience you'll ever have.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I started using HYDROXYCUT VITAMIN GUMMIES just recently and I've got to say, they have made a difference. I have a lot more energy, I feel motivated and I've lost a few pounds already. I would recommend this product to every adult out there struggling with their weight and motivation to lose the weight. This is a very good product for health and weight loss!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have been taking this product (Hydroxycut gummies) for 4 weeks now and have stomach pain and diarrhea so bad that I had to call my doctor and make an appointment to check for colon cancer. Also extreme acid reflux. Really didn't think about this being a side effect from Hydroxycut. Now that I have read these reviews I believe it's all caused by Hydroxycut. I will STOP taking these immediately!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I decided to try Hydroxycut gummies because my friend said she had got some and it gave her energy so I thought I would try it. After a few days of taking them I didn't notice anything so I thought well I will give it a week and see. Still didn't feel any different, but I did start to have really bad stomach pains and loose bowel movements. I have had them every day now right after I eat. I hope it gets out of my system soon, this is very uncomfortable and miserable. In fact there has even been a change in the color of my loose bowels. It is now black. The reason for my review is because I think this has become a health concern.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I used Hydroxycut Pro Clinical for 7 months. As soon as I started I got bad headaches. The headaches got worse as time went on. I didn't pay any attention to them. I honestly thought maybe they were tension headaches from dieting. About 5 months into taking them, my scalp got tender. I notice while taking a bath I would lose more hair than normal, also while brushing. I text my aunt and sister, because we started at the same time. They said they were too. We all stopped taking them. By the times we figured it out, we had bald spots. My aunt and sisters still has scalp tenderness not as bad as before. My headaches stopped a week after taking them.

After this, we googled, "Does Hydroxcut cause hair loss?" We found a blog of woman complaining about hair loss. I wish we would have known before taking these. They did help with losing weight, I think it was more a mind boost than anything. This was back in 2016. We messaged Hydroxycut on Facebook, along with the receipts, also called in reported the problem, they did refund us the money. Yet, told us they never had no one complain about hair loss. I did this back in 2016, just wanted to share my experience. My hair did grow back. I just would never of tried them if I had known that.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I started taking Hydroxycut SX-7 with my husband. The first day I started having severe stomach pain/cramps, nausea followed by loose bowels. I continue to give it a chance thinking maybe it would go away. It just got worse. I am on day two of not taking the pills and I still can’t sleep because of the pain in my stomach. Not only that but I am still overly hungry and have a sour stomach. I followed all directions and drank plenty of water. I am concerned how long it will take to get out my system and these stomach pain and loose bowels will disappear.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have been using Hydroxycut and love the fact that I have been losing weight. It works. The not good thing about it is I did not pass a drug test because of it. I do not do drugs of any kind. Hydroxycut is the only thing I have taken. I came up positive for **. I would recommend not using Hydroxycut for a while before if you are looking for a job and have to pass a drug test.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have been taking Hydroxycut Gummies for about 2 weeks now. Since then I have had on two occasions, severe stomach cramps with loose bowel movement. It also seems my stomach is bloated more than it was when I first started. This is what brought me to this page today. I decided to check to see if anyone else who took or is currently taking the same product had this experience. I bought a month supply to see how it works. Now I'm torn between whether to continue using at a reduce dosage so as not to waste my money then don't purchase again or to discontinue use and discard.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I'm currently taking Hydroxycut Gummies. I've been taking them for over a month & noticed bloating. I've also noticed I'm always hot! I mean, uncomfortably hot. I feel like I'm having hot flashes. I haven't lost weight, in fact, I've gained weight. So, I'm going to quit. I feel sorry for other people who are having more severe side effects.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've tried this Hydroxycut advanced product on 3 separate occasions within the past 3 years hoping I would get a different reaction but each time I would start seeing red spots in my bowel movements. I don't know what to take from it. It starts rather quickly from starting the capsules so I'm a little scared to continue taking them. They're not red in color so I don't think it's dye.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Used Hydroxycut for 2 days and my wife a nurse noticed I was erratic behavior and said something is wrong. Go see Doctor. Doctor diagnosed me with high blood pressure due to taking the Hydroxycut. I have to take blood pressure med the rest of my life...

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I purchased Pro Clinical Hydroxycut to lose weight and to have more energy. An hour after taking 1 tablet I started to notice I am extremely hungry. After 2 weeks I have actually gained weight and feel bloated. I paid $17.00 for this product and had made the commitment to see it to the last tablet. I will not repurchase this product and feel that I wasted my money. You will have trouble sleeping. You will have loose bowel movement issues. You will be extremely hungry. You we will have moments of hot flashes and sweating with bouts of nausea. Pro Clinical Hydroxycut L# 704847.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I started taking this about 3 months ago... I love it. Yes it will make you a little jittery and I had some nausea with this... But I didn't mind it. The nausea feeling wasn't unbearable and it did control me from eating when I'm bored/over eating/snacking. The jittery feeling is when you need to move around/workout/etc. I take it in the morning before breakfast with a good amount of water... Within an hour the effects go in and I feel pumped to start my day. If you take this with the intent to sit around and not move about you will feel the jitters worse. You can't expect results just taking a pill. This does what it's intended which is just give me a little boost to be active and control my appetite.

Also I would not recommend taking this and eating right after. That could make you sick cause you get a full feeling already once it kicks in. So take it and wait an hour or so and see if you feel like eating after. People complaining here are unrealistic. You can't take a weight loss energy boosting pill and not expect side effects. Follow directions CLEARLY. Again I would recommend this to someone who is serious about wanting to be active, make diet changes and needs just a kick of effort.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I've taken a total of 5 Hydroxycut pills and I'm calling it quits. I've lost a lot of weight, all naturally. I decided to try a thermogenic to help me lose the last pounds. The first two tablets I took made me feel jittery. The next two, same thing: jittery. Today I took one tablet and went on my morning run. I started to feel butterflies in the pit of my stomach, like fight or flight type sensations. I was in a safe and very peaceful location. There was no reason for me to suddenly start feeling this way. This lasted through my whole 3 mile run and finally went away several hours later.

I just took another tablet 30 minutes before dinner (as the label instructs). The anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach has returned. My sister warned me about Hydroxycut. I'm taking these pills back to the store where I bought them tomorrow for a refund. I'm not sure if I'll try a different thermogenic that is time-released or not. I do not like feeling like this. Hope this helps someone who is considering taking Hydroxycut. I want to lose my last stubborn pounds but this is not worth it.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Within an hour of taking one pill I had severe stomach pain and nausea, by 10pm I was vomiting hard. Sunday progressed to extremely frequent, watery light colored stools. Still 4.5 days later my stomach feels like it's swollen, I have a headache, weakness, fatigue, still can't eat hardly anything... It's been a very rough recovery. Hydroxycut Max for women Gold bottle, Lot #503840.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I bought Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite and have been following instructions on number of pills to take and when to take them. Within the first two days I had cramps, was vomiting, and had water coming out my rear. Just straight up clear water. I also experienced complete loss of appetite and on occasion being lightheaded and nauseous. At first I thought that it was just an initial reaction but all the side effects that I am experiencing has not stopped. Granted I have lost weight but at the expense of my own physical health it's not worth it.

Original review: June 2, 2016

Since I been taking Hydroxycut for a couple of days I been having stomach pain. Cramp up like I am bloated... Pain hurt so bad that I had stop taking them... I will not recommend them to anybody. I just continue reduce my carb and junk intake... focus more on my excise to burn more fat...

Original review: July 23, 2015

I purchased the Hydroxycut Gummies 6 weeks ago at the local WalMart. I'd heard that it was a good product for weight loss. I read the side effects and understood them well. However, after the first time taking them. My stomach began to cramp badly. I thought it was going to be temporary. However after a few days of taking the gummies, my stomach continued to hurt. I drank more water and even exercised more hoping that it was just a phase. I gave up quickly. I felt that $19.00 of my hard earned money went down the drain literally and physically. I will NEVER again take the Hydroxycut Gummies nor any other affiliated product. The bottle is still sitting in my drawer as a reminder of what not to buy.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I have taking Hydroxycut pills for over 3 months as directed. That's 3 boxes just over $100.00 and I have not lost even one pound. I changed my diet, diet sodas; I am watching my sugar & carb. intake. I cut back on some of the red meat. I bake a lot more instead of frying. I also exercise more. I am 5ft. 7in.& 190LBS male. I want to get back to 170lbs. I also don't drink & never smoked. How do I get a refund?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2010

Developed severe yeast infection and vaginitis as a result of taking Hydroxycut. medical treatment for 7 days to clear infection.

Original review: July 14, 2009

I had severe stomach pain and nausea. An EKG showed slightly irregular heat beat. I stopped medications after using 2 and 1/2 bottles of this medication. My last EKG since stopping the medication was normal and the stomach pain and nausea have stopped as well. I paid $29.99 per bottle; 4 bottles is $119.96; add MI sales tax of 6% for $7.19 and the total is $127.15.

Original review: June 30, 2009

After taking Hydroxycut for 3 years on and off, I had abnormal liver function. The year was 2001. The consequence is extreme pain on my right side. It’s so severe that I couldn't move. There’s frequent side pain.

Original review: June 25, 2009

I have been taking Hydroxycut for at least 3 years. I have had stomach issues during that entire time, but I never associated it with this drug. In the last 8 months, I have started having vomiting, extreme stomach pain and weakness. Now that I'm hearing about the issues with Hydroxycut, I believe that is to blame.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2002

I was admitted to the hospital for Atrial fibrellation at age 28 and have no previous medical history.

Hydroxycut Company Information