2.0/5 (48 ratings)

About Hydroxycut

Hydroxycut offers diet supplements and a supporting weight loss program. Products include capsules, gummies and powders. Its primary ingredients include caffeine, green coffee extract (C. canephora robusta), apple cider vinegar and B vitamins.

Pros

• Multiple formats
  • Helpful mobile app
  • Large variety

Cons

• Drug interactions
  • Potential side effects

Bottom Line

Hydroxycut can be beneficial for some people who have struggled to lose weight, though the products may cause some discomfort. Many consumers have seen results they like after taking Hydroxycut.

Hydroxycut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxycut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hydroxycut?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I’ve been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore for 3 days now and I love it! Gives you a HUGE boost of energy to make you want to move your body. It also really curbs my appetite. No cramps or vomit for me.....

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Today would be the fourth day on Hydroxycut. I've read some of the worst reviews. I can't really speak on the weight loss because I haven't gotten to that part yet but side effect wise you feel fine nothing.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

One week on Hydroxycut Max blood pressure is up 146/102 this morning and my heart feels like it’s popping out of my chest but my heart rate is normal 82. My poop is pitch black and loose every time I eat. I’m so anxious and jittery to the point I just vomited. I have trashed them. Don’t take them. I have only been taking one pill in the morning with food.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I started using this product. Using it correctly, I also have been on a healthy diet plan and enjoy exercising everyday. I got extremely sick from taking these pills. I thought maybe it was the food I ate but I soon realized it was the pills. My stomach has been cramping and it is painful. I am extremely nauseous. I have had diarrhea for three days. No matter what I eat it comes right back out. I am still having horrible stomach pains. I discontinued the product and will not use again.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Had a migraine for 4 hours. The shakes started about 30 minutes ago. Yes, I took with food. The nausea set in about 20 minutes ago. Never reacted to anything like this. I’m anything but weak but this crap is about to send me to the hospital. DO NOT TAKE.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I feel like I have gained more weight than losing as anticipated after purchasing it. I feel more hungry and always tired. The 1st few days I used to get very fast heartbeats which really got me scared. I am not sure if I continue will still see me through my expectations.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've tried this product for a little over one week. At first, due to my lack of experience with this type of meds I only took one pill half an hour before my one hour walk in the morning, and then, one half an hour before my lunch. After 4 days, I tried taking 2 pills in the morning but I couldn't make to taking also 2 before lunch because of the terrible headaches... Since day one, it was more the feeling of tiredness than the energy felt. Loose BM since day one, strange feelings of nervousness, fatigue, long mornings, anxiety and headaches... no abdominal pains.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I feel I'm gonna have a heart attack. I can’t breathe. I can’t stop pooping so many eruptions. I have so much náusea and stomach pain, worst experience ever. DO NOT USE THIS! This is only my 4th day taking HYDROXYCUT BLACK PILL. I am definitely discontinuing after reading all these reviews. I confirm it’s the pills. I thought I had something else. I am dyingggg.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Since someone commented that the people that were getting cramps were not taking it as instructed I had to butt in. I have taken it exactly how it was instructed to the point where I set up a timer. I still got cramps. They are awful and have lasted for days, even though I stopped using it once I felt them.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Omg worst product ever. I thought I had some wicked bug until I saw other reviews on here. If I don’t have diarrhea, I have tons of bowel movements that feel like I’m pooping razor blades. That doesn’t begin to touch the lower gas and severe abdominal cramping.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This does what it says it will do, I have noticed a difference in my weight loss. I was 153 now I am 137 but that is also with exercise and eating clean. I didn’t get any stomach pains or vomiting experiences like everyone else did from the reviews I read. It gives you extreme energy so when you take it as instructed you should work out, it gives me more energy in the gym to last longer run longer lift longer etc. You can’t expect to take this pill and just sit around doing nothing otherwise it will definitely make you feel like crap and jittery etc.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because it says on the bottle to take it 5 hours before bedtime, and I’m assuming because of its high caffeine dosages so you can’t go to sleep at night. But I take it sometimes like 7 hours before bedtime and once I feel the energy I work out sometimes for 2 hours and feel awesome. But it still keeps me up and can’t go to sleep. That’s the awful part. I end up staying up till 3 am and being exhausted at work when it has finally worn off. That’s the only bad thing, which is why I now just do one pill vs two like the bottle instructs.. That has helped some.

Original review: April 8, 2019

This product works. I am reading the negative reviews... and they are irritating me so I need to put my 2 cents in. If you don't use as instructed, you will have a negative reaction. You take your tablet and/or gummy/drink 30 minutes before eating. As instructed. Most of these comments sound like people are not eating. You are not following instruction. This is an energy and vitamin supplement. You must eat a balanced diet of healthy food... not starve yourself. Use common sense.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I used to be 147lbs and after taking it I am now 121lbs. Stopped taking it for 4 years and maintained my weight, took it again to lose a few pounds and not sure why it does not work anymore. Maybe it only works for people who are over 140lbs.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I started taking Hydroxycut Max for Women. The reason we all do because I struggle immensely with weight loss. I've only been taking it for a week and I've actually been taking half the dosage just to be safe. I've lost 2 pounds. The third night I got up to let the dog out to pee and I suddenly got so weak. I collapsed on the floor. My husband had to lift me back into the bed because I couldn't get on my feet. My heart felt like it was going so fast. I couldn't catch my breath. I was truly scared for my life but I decided to pray and tough it out because we couldn't afford the ambulance bill especially if it was something that would quickly pass... I still feel it today. I will never touch those products again especially after reading these other reviews. It just sucks. I was really hoping this was something that could finally help me lose weight.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been taking Hydroxycut for several weeks now, I haven't noticed any dramatic weight loss maybe a couple of pounds but I am pretty sure that from extreme dieting and exercise. It does give a nice boost of energy once you get past the first few days of nausea, headaches etc. It makes you extremely hungry so until you can get used to the hungry pains it really sucks!!! And when I got to the bottom of my bottle I noticed a black substance inside some of my capsules that looked like MOLD!!! I immediately discontinued using the product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I took the Hydroxycut pill twice a day and took it for two days. I had severe headaches, felt nauseous, severely hungry, tired, had stomach cramps, burning sore throat and after having a BM my bottom felt like I ate spicy food. I didn’t sleep good either night and thought maybe I caught a virus. I stopped the pills and feel much better.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Hydroxycut hardcore - I've taken different versions of this pill. But this version is extremely dangerous. I stopped them after the third day, to try again to make sure it was these pills. Close to vomiting all of a sudden, thought I was going to pass out. Needed food immediately and didn't care what I ate I was desperate to not feel so awful so quickly. Took only the one pill in the morning; and the side effects made my entire day difficult... nervousness, dizziness, tachycardia, even while resting and getting ready for bed that night. Stomachache I couldn't explain because I wasn't hungry but felt I needed to eat - without this pill I am able to focus and get proper nutrition. With it I felt so bad I just wanted it to stop. I suffered awful symptoms from the morning. It never went away until sometime after midnight all from one pill at 10am.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I started taking the product on a Thursday, by Sunday I was experiencing itching, puffy and lazy eyes, as well as extreme fatigue. I took it one last time this morning, just to kind of confirm that it was the product that was causing this to my body. Spot on- the itching started and then I felt my eyes start to get puffy. I will definitely be discontinuing. Luckily, it's not a lot of money I invested.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I decided to try the gummies when I started to gain weight after my cancer treatments ended. I waited several months. I've taken them about 3 weeks now. I have had severe cramping, pain and diarrhea for over 2 weeks now. I called my doctor and tests showed an infection so I stopped taking the gummies and was put on antibiotics. After feeling better and issues gone, I went back ok n the gummies and within 3 days it was all back. Spoke with my doctor yesterday and was told to stop the gummies. I'm hoping this clears up soon. It has gotten so bad that I can't leave my home because of all the pain and the diarrhea. I sit with a heating pad everyday just to try to relieve pain. Now I have bleeding from my rectum and will be seeing the doctor about that today. She feels it could be bleeding hemorrhoids from all the diarrhea. Please take it from someone suffering. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I took Hydroxycut for three days. It was the powder form to mix with water. I'm still feeling it in my stomach and my chest. Here it is a week after I stopped taking it. It was the best near death experience you'll ever have.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I started using HYDROXYCUT VITAMIN GUMMIES just recently and I've got to say, they have made a difference. I have a lot more energy, I feel motivated and I've lost a few pounds already. I would recommend this product to every adult out there struggling with their weight and motivation to lose the weight. This is a very good product for health and weight loss!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have been taking this product (Hydroxycut gummies) for 4 weeks now and have stomach pain and diarrhea so bad that I had to call my doctor and make an appointment to check for colon cancer. Also extreme acid reflux. Really didn't think about this being a side effect from Hydroxycut. Now that I have read these reviews I believe it's all caused by Hydroxycut. I will STOP taking these immediately!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I decided to try Hydroxycut gummies because my friend said she had got some and it gave her energy so I thought I would try it. After a few days of taking them I didn't notice anything so I thought well I will give it a week and see. Still didn't feel any different, but I did start to have really bad stomach pains and loose bowel movements. I have had them every day now right after I eat. I hope it gets out of my system soon, this is very uncomfortable and miserable. In fact there has even been a change in the color of my loose bowels. It is now black. The reason for my review is because I think this has become a health concern.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I used Hydroxycut Pro Clinical for 7 months. As soon as I started I got bad headaches. The headaches got worse as time went on. I didn't pay any attention to them. I honestly thought maybe they were tension headaches from dieting. About 5 months into taking them, my scalp got tender. I notice while taking a bath I would lose more hair than normal, also while brushing. I text my aunt and sister, because we started at the same time. They said they were too. We all stopped taking them. By the times we figured it out, we had bald spots. My aunt and sisters still has scalp tenderness not as bad as before. My headaches stopped a week after taking them.

After this, we googled, "Does Hydroxcut cause hair loss?" We found a blog of woman complaining about hair loss. I wish we would have known before taking these. They did help with losing weight, I think it was more a mind boost than anything. This was back in 2016. We messaged Hydroxycut on Facebook, along with the receipts, also called in reported the problem, they did refund us the money. Yet, told us they never had no one complain about hair loss. I did this back in 2016, just wanted to share my experience. My hair did grow back. I just would never of tried them if I had known that.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I started taking Hydroxycut SX-7 with my husband. The first day I started having severe stomach pain/cramps, nausea followed by loose bowels. I continue to give it a chance thinking maybe it would go away. It just got worse. I am on day two of not taking the pills and I still can’t sleep because of the pain in my stomach. Not only that but I am still overly hungry and have a sour stomach. I followed all directions and drank plenty of water. I am concerned how long it will take to get out my system and these stomach pain and loose bowels will disappear.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have been using Hydroxycut and love the fact that I have been losing weight. It works. The not good thing about it is I did not pass a drug test because of it. I do not do drugs of any kind. Hydroxycut is the only thing I have taken. I came up positive for **. I would recommend not using Hydroxycut for a while before if you are looking for a job and have to pass a drug test.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have been taking Hydroxycut Gummies for about 2 weeks now. Since then I have had on two occasions, severe stomach cramps with loose bowel movement. It also seems my stomach is bloated more than it was when I first started. This is what brought me to this page today. I decided to check to see if anyone else who took or is currently taking the same product had this experience. I bought a month supply to see how it works. Now I'm torn between whether to continue using at a reduce dosage so as not to waste my money then don't purchase again or to discontinue use and discard.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I'm currently taking Hydroxycut Gummies. I've been taking them for over a month & noticed bloating. I've also noticed I'm always hot! I mean, uncomfortably hot. I feel like I'm having hot flashes. I haven't lost weight, in fact, I've gained weight. So, I'm going to quit. I feel sorry for other people who are having more severe side effects.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've tried this Hydroxycut advanced product on 3 separate occasions within the past 3 years hoping I would get a different reaction but each time I would start seeing red spots in my bowel movements. I don't know what to take from it. It starts rather quickly from starting the capsules so I'm a little scared to continue taking them. They're not red in color so I don't think it's dye.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Used Hydroxycut for 2 days and my wife a nurse noticed I was erratic behavior and said something is wrong. Go see Doctor. Doctor diagnosed me with high blood pressure due to taking the Hydroxycut. I have to take blood pressure med the rest of my life...

Hydroxycut Company Information