General Motors is recalling 194,105 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2018-2019 Chevrolet Cruze and Buick LaCrosse,
- Model year 2018-2020 Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Terrain,
- Model year 2018 Chevrolet Malibu,
- Model year 2019-2020 Buick Encore, Buick Enclave, Cadillac XT4, Chevrolet Blazer and GMC Acadia, and
- Model year 2020 Cadillac XT6 vehicles.
The start/stop accumulator endcap may have missing or loose bolts.
Missing bolts on the start-stop accumulator endcap could result in a transmission oil leak and progress to a loss of propulsion, increasing the risk of a crash.
Additionally, transmission fluid leak in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of fire.
What to do
GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the start-stop transmission accumulator and replace it if any bolts are missing free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin December 14, 2020.
Owners may contact GMC customer service at (888) 988-7267, Buick Customer service at (800) 955-9007, Chevrolet customer service at (800) 222-1020 or Cadillac customer service at (800) 458-8006. GM's number for this recall is N202313440.