Find the Best Storage Units in Albuquerque, NM
Top 9 Albuquerque Self Storage Companies
|Extra Space Self Storage||Read 290 Reviews|
Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977 and is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the United States. It is a publicly-traded company focused on increasing shareholder value.
|A-1 Self Storage Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Operates citywide locations offering personal, business, boat and auto storage. Units start at $17 a month. Sizes range from 12 square feet to 600 square feet. Offers climate-controlled units. Sells packing supplies.
|Albuquerque Self Storage||Read Author Review|
Provides personal, business and vehicle storage. No deposit. Units range from 25 square feet to 300 square feet. Open daily from 8 a.m. until at least 6 p.m. Provides free lock upon rental. Offers long-term rental discounts.
|American Self Storage||Read Author Review|
Offers climate-controlled and drive-up units. Provides vehicle storage. Rents units ranging from 50 square feet to 1,200 square feet, starting at $55. Daily access until 9 p.m. On-site managers. Sells packing supplies.
|CubeSmart Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Provides monthly lockers and units up to 300 square feet for personal, business and vehicle storage. Work stations, printing and packaging available. Free Wi-Fi. Prices start at $30. Sells insurance.
|EZstorit Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Finds local storage units through its search engine. Offers free reservations. Climate-controlled and 24-hour units available from 16 square feet to 600 square feet. Prices start at $13 a month. Offers discounts.
|RightSpace Storage - Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Offers drive-up, climate-controlled, vehicle and indoor space rentals in Albuquerque. Prices start at $29 a month, plus insurance. One-time $20 setup fee. Open late every day.
|SelfStorage.com - Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Provides a comparison of facility amenities and prices. Units available from 24 square feet to 300 square feet, some with free truck rental and optional climate control, easy access or 24-hour entry. Prices start at $35 a month.
|SpareFoot Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Locates, compares prices and reserves local storage space online for personal items and vehicles. Finds units with climate control and 24-hour access. Prices start at $35 a month. Offers discounts.
Average cost of storage units in Albuquerque
A 10’ x 10’ storage unit in Albuquerque costs about $100 a month to rent, which is roughly equivalent to the national average of $1 per square foot of space. The average cost for a 5’ x 10’ unit, which is the most popular size option in Albuquerque, is around $50 a month.
In suburban towns like Edgewood, prices dip slightly for a 100-square-feet unit. You also pay less per square foot for larger spaces — for units that are 150 square feet or larger, the average cost is only $0.75 per square foot.
Size is the most significant factor when determining storage unit prices, but other things that influence the cost include:
- Amenities like climate control and electricity bump up monthly rates, as do heightened security measures and 24-hour access. In more crowded areas of Albuquerque, where units are contained in multilevel buildings, ground-floor storage is more valuable due to its easy accessibility.
- Renters insurance
- Albuquerque law allows storage facilities to require tenants to carry insurance, and some do. Companies are not liable for property damage caused by fire, burglary or pest infestations, so storage insurance helps you recover financially in the event of unforeseen loss. The average rate for storage insurance in Albuquerque is $20 a month for $10,000 worth of coverage. Policies are available through the same companies that offer renters and homeowners insurance, and some storage companies also sell insurance. You may already be covered by your homeowners or renters policy — ask your provider to be sure.
- Additional fees
- Some storage facilities charge a one-time administrative fee when you move in to offset the cost of processing your account and paperwork. Some locations also require security deposits. Storage users should read their lease agreements and be aware that rates on month-to-month leases can increase at any time, typically with just one month’s notice. They should also familiarize themselves with New Mexico state lien laws, which make it possible for storage companies to auction your belongings if you don’t keep up with your rent payments.
- Specials and discounts
- Targeted specials are commonly available for students, military personnel, AAA members, seniors and first-time customers. Companies may also provide discounts for signing a long-term lease instead of a month-to-month agreement.
Choosing an Albuquerque self storage company
Once you know what you want to store and how much room you need to store it, you can narrow your list of storage providers. Some popular features Albuquerque residents look for include:
- Indoor or outdoor storage
- Indoor storage is expensive for space-hogging vehicles, but it’s common for other possessions. Small units keep documents and valuables safe, and larger ones are often used for furniture and appliances. Climate control is an optional upgrade. Temperature-sensitive items — electronics, heirlooms, private collections and artwork — should be stored in climate-controlled units to prevent damage. Outdoor units often have drive-up access and are great for convenient unloading and loading or items that aren’t temperature sensitive.
- Facility location
- If you plan on dropping off your possessions and then not accessing them until you clear out your unit, it’s often worth saving money by choosing a storage facility in a more remote area. If you are part of a small business and need to visit your unit daily, however, it’s usually worth it to pay more for convenient access.
- Unit location
- Consider where you want your unit to be located within the facility. If it's not on the ground floor, you may be lugging your items up and down stairs. Not all storage facilities have freight elevators, so it’s best to check before signing a lease.
- Some locations are equipped with free Wi-Fi, work stations and services like printing and copying. Others sell boxes and packing materials on-site. Also consider amenities such as video surveillance, self-service kiosks and 24/7 access.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Albuquerque self storage company information
Albuquerque Self Storage offers indoor and outdoor multipurpose storage units at its site just off I-40 outside the city. Personal, vehicle and business storage is available. The facility does not require a deposit, and units range from 25 square feet to 300 square feet. Albuquerque Self Storage also rents large moving trucks. Customers receive a free security lock upon rental. The company gives discounts for rentals of six months or longer.
- Address: 13041 Central Ave., Albuquerque, NM 87123
- Phone: (505) 431-6747
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 7pm
- Website: albuquerqueselfstorage.com
A-1 Self Storage has 10 locations in the city that provide indoor and outdoor storage units for personal or business use. The company also offers boat and vehicle storage. Prices start at $17 a month, and the facility accepts credit cards, checks and money orders. A-1 Self Storage has move-in specials. Units range from 12 square feet to 600 square feet and include ground-level and climate-control options. Packing supplies can be purchased on-site.
- Address: 7610 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
- Phone: (505) 266-1086
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: storeata1.com
SpareFoot is an online search provider that locates, compares and lets you reserve units at local self storage facilities. Units range from roughly 25 square feet to 600 square feet, and some have optional climate control and 24/7 access. Prices start at about $35 a month, and discounts are available. SpareFoot does not require a credit card for online reservations, and you can cancel for free at any time. The company also offers portable and college-specific storage services, moving supplies and trucks.
- Address: Serves Albuquerque residents
- Phone: (844) 611-1976
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: sparefoot.com/Albuquerque-NM-self-storage.html
SelfStorage.com is an online self storage locator that compares amenities and prices at local storage centers. The available units in Albuquerque range from 24 square feet to 300 square feet. Some units come with optional climate control, easy access or 24/7 entry. Prices start at about $35 a month. Free online reservations can be made without a credit card.
- Address: Serves Albuquerque residents
- Phone: (844) 611-1091
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: selfstorage.com/self-storage/new-mexico/albuquerque
EZstorit is a web-based search service for self storage and vehicle storage units in Albuquerque. No credit card is required to reserve space, and there’s no obligation to rent. The offered units have features such as climate control, drive-up access and 24/7 facility access. Amenities and prices vary by company. Units range from approximately 16 square feet to 600 square feet, and prices start at $13 a month. Discounts and specials are available.
- Address: Serves Albuquerque residents
- Phone: (888) 686-2849
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: ezstorit.com/Albuquerque-NM-self-storage
CubeSmart provides lockers, mini-storage and storage units up to 300 square feet for personal, commercial and vehicle storage at six facilities across the city. Special features include moving carts, roll-up doors and drive-up access. The company offers climate-controlled units. CubeSmart sells packing supplies and accepts deliveries at some locations. A few facilities have printing, copying, free Wi-Fi and on-site workstations. Prices start at around $30 a month.
- Address: 2001 Girard Blvd. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
- Phone: (505) 247-9841
- Hours: M - F: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 8:30pm - 5pm; Sun: 11am - 3pm
- Website: cubesmart.com/new-mexico-self-storage/albuquerque-self-storage/
RightSpace Storage rents drive-up, climate-controlled, indoor and vehicle storage spaces. Five facilities are located in the Albuquerque area: three in the city, one in Los Lunas and another in Bernalillo. Prices start at $29 a month. Units range from 50 to 500 square feet. Insurance is $10 a month. The company doesn’t charge a security deposit, but there is a one-time $20 setup fee. Right Space offers free online reservations with no change or cancellation fees.
- Address: 4620 Pan American Freeway, Albuquerque, NM 87109; multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 888-7594
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 5pm
- Website: rightspacestorage.com/self-storage-locations
American Self Storage has three monthly storage locations around Albuquerque. The company's available features include climate control, drive-up units, truck rentals and vehicle storage. American Self Storage has on-site managers and enhanced security features. Units range from 50 square feet to 1,200 square feet, with prices starting at $55 a month.
- Address: 5220 San Mateo Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
- Phone: (505) 883-9250
- Hours: M - Sat: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sun: 10am - 3pm
- Website: albuquerquenmselfstorage.com