Find a Movers partner

1.2/5 (140 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Father & Son Moving

Father & Son Moving & Storage is a local and long-distance mover based in Boca Raton, Florida. The company offers residential and commercial moving services, and it also helps with specialty items like artwork, pianos and safes. It provides free assembly services and guaranteed delivery dates.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Upfront pricing
    • Accepts specialty items
    • Guaranteed delivery dates
    • Free assembly services

Cons

• No services in Hawaii and Alaska
    • No instant quotes

Bottom Line

Father & Son is a family-owned mover with a wide variety of moving services for local and long-distance moves. It works with both residential and business customers. It also guarantees estimates and delivery dates.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Father & Son Moving Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Father & Son Moving?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Father & Son Moving?

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience has been a complete horror. Reading all these reviews on Father and Son has made me really angry. I moved from Brooklyn New York to Naugatuck CT. I was quoted a price 2600 with a cash deposit before they left. When they arrived they told my boyfriend it was 250 more because of traffic. We explained that was my move we settled on this price. They told us we aren’t unloading till they get it. They were gone for hours. We called the owner. He told me I would have to pay for storage. He would need the money. I’m borrowed the 250 and was told what to write on a piece of paper if I want my things back.

I signed because my husband died. They were all my memories. They brought it all in. Most was banged, scratched. I was just happy to get my things back. This was three years ago. I never put numbers on the boxes. When they leave for hours they take boxes off the truck. There is nothing I could do about this. We need to report their tactics. Most of my things are gone years later but was looking for things you don’t know. I can’t do anything about this now. They draw you in with a good price then change it then leave for a few hours and take your things. Don’t use them.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I received 3 quotes from three different moving companies one being Father & Son Moving. To try and keep costs down I decided to go with them. The original quote was $640 with $50 upfront. They were supposed to be at my house between 9 and 10 a.m. When they weren't here by 10 I decided to call the company I was told by Brian. Oops, they had an issue with traffic. They are running a little late. They will be there within the hour. I just got off the phone and spoke to a different gentleman who then told me they were still 20 to 30 minutes out. Now mind you they never called me to tell me they were running late. I had to call them.

I have my cable company meeting me at my new location at 2 p.m. They are very prompt. Stay away from this company. I would not hire them again. It is now 11 and they're still not here. They should have been here at least an hour ago. If you like to chase people down and moving day by all means hire them but otherwise this is a company that I would not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

So you need to move but you require professional help. You call around and get quotes and a feeling for who best suits the job for you. At Father and Son Moving and Storage, you WILL receive quality customer care service over the phone. John ** will personally see to it that he comes across as someone that cares and listens. His supervisor Keith will even back up his ability to give you job number one A-1 service. Kristen will follow right behind them letting you feel like you have made the right choice! At this point you will never think that you are dealing with money hungry thieves or deceitful liars-but you are!

Once the moving day arrives you get the sensation that everything will go smooth. Then, three angry looking gentlemen that refuse to speak the English language, arrive and grab your stuff and pile it on a rented, random truck (you would expect to see advertising signage that proudly represents the company you hire and not some Penske rental truck). I requested once my belongings were loaded onto the truck that the movers follow me. They agreed and got in the truck to await departure. I walked in the house to get my keys and did not see them until they arrived at the destination that was 20 minutes away, 2 hours later.

The unloading began and these three professionals became turtles that couldn’t lift anything. I assisted with the whole move and in the end, they demanded $300 over the estimate plus individual tips per mover!!! But my favorite part, was contacting the ever so loving John **, Keith his boss and the company mistress Kristen. Not one callback, not one followup to ask about customer satisfaction not one care in the world. nce those thieves and liars got their money. Hey Father and Son Moving company, why don’t you relocate to North Korea-you and the country’s leader are 2 peas in a pod. Never again will my money go to support their foreign labor program or their ability to steal from people.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I have had a horrible experience with Father & Son movers out of Billerica. I have had the same experience as the others on this site. On May 17th, they arrived 4 hours late. They said there was an emergency at 6 am with a closing and needed to pack someone up right away and that is why they were late. They called several times saying they would show up and then didn't until 11. They were not even done with my move until 10 pm!!! I sold my house and was moving into a hotel for 35 days with my two girls ages 10 and 6. I had to leave at 7 pm to get my girls to hotel, unpack and put them to bed for school the next day. I left the movers with my neighbors to lock up my house around 7.

I get a call a week later. They said my stuff would not all fit into my storage unit in Northboro MA, that I had rented. I had checked with manager at storage location and she said a 3 bedroom house would fit. I told her I had sold my dining room, kitchen table, sunroom furniture, grill, deck furniture, my 10 year old's furniture and a huge leather couch. She said it would definitely fit then. Anyway, the receptionist called me and told me they had been calling for a week. I said "No you haven't. As you have had my cell and email for months and no one has called me." I found out a week later that half my stuff was in Northboro and half at their facility in Billerica MA an hour away... So convenient for me.

They only accepted cash when I left for hotel, which I paid $2400 for the first part of my move from my house to the storage facility in Northboro. Charged me another $600 for the storage facility and labor in Billerica because my stuff didn't fit into unit in Northboro and took them until 10 pm to finish work. I am in a hotel for 35 days between home closings. I went to check on my stuff in Northboro today and it was just thrown into the storage unit. My $3000 dollar brand new mattress is ruined as it was in the middle of the unit and is bowing out with no support whatsoever. I have no clue what my stuff looks like in Billerica at their facility. When I called today so upset I was crying. The woman told me it was my fault because I needed to get to the hotel and put my kids to bed for school the next day. It was my fault I wasn't standing there watching them move my stuff into the storage unit at 10 pm at night.

There was a box of glass items just thrown in a box with no paper or bubble wrap or anything. I sent the woman the picture and she said that was my fault because I didn't ask the movers to wrap it. They left my college diploma hanging on the wall in my house. I had the manager at the storage facility look at how they packed it and she said she had never seen anything packed liked this before. She said my stuff was probably all ruined especially the mattress which I took pics of as it was on top of my treadmill and in the middle of the storage unit totally unsupported.

These people are so nice over the phone and in person and are evil once something goes wrong that you discover. They tell you that everything is your fault and have their excuses ready. I am so scared of what I am going to find when I open all of my boxes in both storage facilities. I sent a very long complaint to them today and have not heard a word. I don't want them to move me to my new location for the second part of my move. I want to hire another mover to get my things out of storage. If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

We used Father and Son Moving to move from NY TO NJ. They were late, unprofessional, and rude. Cursed in front of my children. Banged up my furniture. When we called the owner Rick to complain he was downright abusive. Terrible experience. Unreal.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

First of all, this company flat out lied over the phone about their rates and they denied it when I called back with the movers still in my house. They smoked during the move causing my old home and new home to smell like smoke. They caused significant damage to the property, banged up my wooden staircase real and bashed the walls with everything they brought down. The movers did not care about anything and appeared threatening when I did not want to pay the full amount. I have just started my correspondence with them regarding it, but they seem to not really care. If I have to I will just file a police report against them. The WORST COMPANY AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Worst company I have ever had to deal with!!! Never mind that they broke a bunch of our stuff when moving. When we did the final walkthrough they made sure that the stuff that they broke was either facing a wall or had something else on top of it... TV's, dishes, lamps... you name it!!! When they first came in they wanted cash up front, no credit cards accepted... never said anything about that when they gave me the quote. They also told us that they "expected a big tip"... almost like they were threatening us!!! Can't believe these people are still in business... SAD!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I was quoted $550-600 for an 18 mile move and was charged $1700... THEY ARE THE WORST. After the fact I contacted them and the person who quoted me, Marc **, became very belligerent and hung up on me. They proceeded to call my office and scream at our receptionist... real class. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

On 6/1/16 I filed a police report in Providence, RI as a result of a Father & Son Moving Company truck hitting and totaling my legally parked car. They fled the scene of the accident. The estimated damages are $7300. I have two witnesses with 2 written affidavits and a lawyer trying to help me, but the company, as well as their insurance adjuster from York Insurance, refuse to accept liability of this claim. I'm currently going down every avenue to pursue them legally and obtain justice.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I moved recently and they broke glass items. One of their employees slammed boxes that were clearly marked "Glass - Handle With Care". They broke one of my picture frames. They took off without notice and left me with close to 10 boxes. I had to make arrangements the following day to get picked up by friends. They scratched my furniture which they denied. I'm still missing pieces from some lamps they dismantled. I have no idea what they did with the pieces and get this, to top it off one of their guys decided not to work on moving night. He Sat on my sofa and said he was not going to help any more. He even had the nerve to ask me if I could fix him dinner! Well HELLO, 1) I am not his "wife" nor friend and 2) my apartment was empty with no food!!! Like what the heck??? The other employees kept telling him to get back to work and he got up over 1 hour later.

My sons had to help the movers! Get a load of that! I'm paying and my sons had to do the lazy jerk's work!!! So much for Father & Sons... Yeah MY sons were doing the work. Then to make things even horrible, the next morning we realized one of the movers stole an expensive very small item out of one of the boxes worth over $800. I contacted the company the next morning and got an "Oh well, not our problem". I will NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Oh yeah and to top it off, one of the guys who answered the phone told me to go ** myself. So that pretty much sums up the lack of class they have. Right from the person who answers the phone down to the movers. I will definitely never use them again and I will NEVER recommend them at all. I was forced to pick a star above but I give them ZERO stars. I hope they go out of business.

Father & Son Moving Company Information