Adept Moving & Storage
3.85/5

Compare Movers

Adept Moving & Storage

Los Angeles

The relocation specialists at Adept Moving and Storage have years of experience and will treat your belongings as their own throughout the packing, loading, and delivery process. Let our staff of professionals guide you through your move, smoothly and efficiently, so that you can focus on the finer points of this adjustment. Moving is considered to be one of the most stressful events in life... Why make it harder than it needs to be?

Compare Movers

58 Adept Moving & Storage Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

Adept Movers - the most unprofessional, unprepared moving company I have ever used, and have used a lot. AVOID!!! Constant delays, never showed up on time, can't get anyone on the phone. Unprofessional throughout the entire process. Sent 3rd party movers who broke our furniture, demanded cash upfront. An absolute disaster. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Dear David,
      We’d like to inform you that the moving company you had experience with has no relation to Adept Moving Company Los Angeles which performs only local services in South California.

Original review: July 15, 2019

This has been the worst experience of my life in moving. There isn’t enough room to list my damages, nasty sweat stains on cloth furniture that I can’t steam out. Not sure if all of my furniture was even wrapped, as it came in the house unwrapped. Not to mention loaded in a “U-Haul” truck. If they’ve been in business so long why don’t they have their own professional trucks. Their time factor is a joke. They still haven’t delivered all of our furniture, I’m not sure they even know where it is. We have items in our garage that isn’t ours, which makes me ask, “does someone else have our remaining furniture and boxes?” If you have to hire strangers off the street and rent your own truck, you will at least know where your items are and no doubt will spend less. They were to be at our house between 8am & 10am to began loading, didn’t show up until after 6pm. Obviously they didn’t finish.

There was a thunderstorm but it hit around 10pm. If they had arrived on time they would have beat the storm. The following morning they were going to arrive at 8 but didn’t get there until 10:30. This was on June 26 & 27. We request ALL OUR POSSESSIONS the following week, July 10th (Wednesday). They had a problem and said it would all be delivered on Saturday the 13th, but they called and said they would arrive on Friday the 12th. Good news.... we thought. They demanded the balance of payment in cash BEFORE unloading the first piece. What can one do, so we paid. BIG MISTAKE! Now mind you we moved to Florida about 50 miles south of their Sarasota location. Easy right, lol on no!

After an intense conversation with Taylor, my husband suggested he just go. But, he promised to call us back Saturday or Sunday with the next delivery date. Phone hasn’t rung, I have however called Taylor numerous times, but could only leave voicemail. What a joke. We have beds, some were busted, we have dining chairs, all with a bit of damage. NO dining table, bedrooms are lacking matching pieces. Many of our boxes looked like they’d been thrown, due to the damage of them. My $1,000 buffet has a lot of damage and the $600 mirror that matches can not be hung as they removed the heavy wire from the back. No wire to be found!!!

We have good pieces, some family heirlooms, and my husband made me a table from driftwood, which is broken. Taylor’s response was, “well it’s a clean break so you can glue it back easily.” ???? And that made it ok. I could go on and on with more details but you get the gist of our experience. Call someone else and have a good moving experience.

Dear Rick & Wanda,
      Our phone #: 323-466-2611

Adept Moving Los Angeles

Original review: July 10, 2019

This is a factually accurate review and I welcome anybody to verify my use and experience of this company. It is been 14 days since Adept Moving and Storage picked up my items in St. Mary’s Georgia. 14 days later in Flat Rock, NC I have not gotten a single phone call returned. I have 29 unanswered phone calls into the owner of the company. I have significantly more phone calls than that into the dispatcher. My booking agent will not answer phone calls or emails. I have no idea where my stuff is. I’m in my new house with no furniture. They literally picked up all of my household goods and disappeared. I’m using Adept Moving and Storage out of Sarasota, Brian was my booker. Tim is the owner. Taylor is the dispatcher. I have NEVER heard of such a terrible scenario, much less experienced it. I’m having to do this myself because my fiancé is halfway around the world in Bahrain at the Navy base there. They know this. Who DOES THIS?

Dear Jennifer,
      Sincerely

Adept Moving Los Angeles

Original review: June 9, 2019

I am writing a review for Adept Moving & Storage out of Sarasota Florida, worst experience I have ever had. The foreman stated that he was going to bring my stuff back to the warehouse and make sure my TV's were properly packaged. Both of my TV's showed up the exact same way they left my house wrapped in a blanket with both screen shatters. Brand new boxes I bought for the moved completely destroyed, smashed, holes and re taped. Glass items inside the boxes shattered. My furniture was damaged and we are missing a Blu-Ray player and Xbox headset. In addition to everything else they charged me $2000 more than originally quoted and didn't tell me the price until they had half of my stuff in the truck and the other half in the street. Communication is horrible with this company! I would never recommend Adept to anyone!

Dear Alisa,

Adept Moving Los Angeles

Original review: June 6, 2019

I moved most of my items myself. The only things that were left were the big items. I originally booked for 2 guys. At the last minute they said they only had 3 guys and wanted to change the price. We finally compromised. The guys came and they were extremely unprofessional. They took turns play on my workout equipment, one guy completely disappeared. They wrapped some stuff but the items that should have gotten wrapped got scratched up. Once they were down we left at the same exact time. They showed up an hour later.

I asked what took them so long and they said traffic. I informed that we left at the same time though. They tried to charge me more. They broke my fitness equipment and my dining room table. They head guy doubled the quoted amount. I told him that I wasn’t going to pay it. He would not leave and called me a "**". He wanted a tip and I told him that he wasn't going to get one due to his behavior. I threatened to call the police. He finally left and I complained to the office. I threaten to go to BBB and they finally changed the amount. Be careful with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adept Moving and Storage, Inc.?

Original review: April 6, 2019

It's been a hectic week since my move and I'd like to warn others of my experience. I moved from a small two bedroom apartment to another location about 1 mile away. We made sure to move all the small items ourselves so the only remaining items we couldn't move were the couch, two beds (full and king), dining table, and refrigerator. There were two movers and the total move time -- 6.5 hours, this included us helping them set up two beds!!!

On top of that I was charged $165 for the plastic wrap!!! I paid over $600 for everything!!! They intentionally took a long time to move and wrapped each item until it was literally encased in a cocoon of plastic wrap. Each roll cost $60 and they used 2.5 rolls for 5 items! I checked the clock when they were moving the king bed (only mattress and box springs no frame) and it took 45 minutes?!?! A friend who used this company paid almost the same amount for a 3 bedroom house with 3 movers. It's as though they have a target of how much they need to charge per move. Stay away from this company, their tactics of dragging the time out to bill the customer and using excessive materials is unacceptable.

Resolution response: April 25, 2019

Company took care of the matter and I am satisfied with resolution.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Very disappointed, another reviewer mentioned that they lost a box, well, turns out they are not losing things, they just take what they feel like. I had large commercial bin liner boxes that went missing even though I pointed them out at the last minute to put in the truck and saw them doing so. Also, a bag that was full of shipping tapes among other things just disappeared, and when I asked about them, they pretended like they have not seen it at all... I live in a house, the truck was backed up in front of my garage, and came to a new home with a garage. Things cannot possibly just go missing like that unless you purposely take them. I will never use this company again since I cannot trust my things with them, this is extremely troubling. Moving is hard enough, the last thing you need is someone helping themselves to your possessions.

Resolution response: Feb. 23, 2014

Thank you for providing me a partial refund. I appreciate you being responsive to customer feedback.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

These guys do a nice job moving you: fast and careful. HOWEVER, be careful about the pricing. Read all of the fine print, not just the "flashy" charge per hour. They nickel and dime you on EVERYTHING! For example, they carefully wrapped my furniture in blanket, saran wrap, and tape and then, at the end, charged me almost $50 for the use of the saran wrap and tape! These items would cost you MAYBE $20 at a local Target. They charge you twice the travel cost (they say it is CA law)....and are only willing to give you a discount IF you give them 5 stars on YELP. Can you say blackmail? It is no wonder every person is giving them 5 Stars to save a drop of money after being charged for every little thing! Anyway, I gave them the 5 but planned to change it later...as I am now. Like I said, they did a nice job moving the stuff, but at the end of the day, it cost me MUCH more than the $59/hour advertised on the side of their trucks. So, all I can say is READ THE DETAILS!!

Dear Daniel,

We are happy that your issue has been successfully settled. We always take any issues seriously and address them immediately to ensure complete satisfaction of our customers.

Thank you for your business. We hope you enjoy your new lovely place.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2013

Wow! I've never had such an easy and quick move. Painless and effortless. Really surprised that there are moving companies which do a really good job! Polite managers, great customer service, strong movers willing to follow my instructions! By the way, I tipped them well. Thank you guys for your great job!

Adept Moving & Storage response

Thank you so much Phil for taking your time to share your experience of working with us! If you are satisfied, we are satisfied, that's how we work here at ADEPT MOVING. Moving again? We'll be more than happy to service your moving needs. Just give us a call and we'll be here to help.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2013

The move was GOOOOD! This is the 1st time I moved without any problems, no hidden fees popping up during the move, no time dragging, no arguing with office staff, very happy! The dispatchers were willing to provide me with all the information I needed to know over the phone and the movers were eager to follow the instructions (i.e., what items to move first, etc.).

Adept Moving & Storage response

Thank you so much Helen for your heart-warming words. Our customer's smile after the move is the number 1 award for us showing your complete satisfaction with our moving services.

Adept Moving & Storage Company Information

Adept Moving and Storage, Inc.
      1998