2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5
Based on 1,195 ratings

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: July 19, 2018

PCH is deceptive. You never win nothing but tokens. They send you tons of email everyday stating "Don't forfeit your prize of cash" whatever the amount is. So you have to click on it to enter. By then they are getting you to play all these games for cash but NONE of the games are cash prizes. ALL Of them are only tokens. Then you have to enter tokens for a chance to win a gift card. Variable gift cards with so many tokens you have to enter. You can enter all your tokens and never win. It is rigged.

You are also hit with tons of advertisement between each game. They want you to search and use ONLY their search engine every day. Each search gives you tokens but leads you to nothing on the search engine every time you click on something to have to keep searching. That alone they should be sued over! I actually did win a couple of games that was suppose to be a cash prize but it ended up giving me tokens. That is their way of making you think you have won. PCH has been around for years yet the gov has not shut them down. Something needs to be done about it. PCH can not keep deceiving people like this.

Now they have posted odds of winning because they were sued, etc. however their odds of winning are probably zero in all actuality. They also give you a Winner's List but there's no way to contact a winner even if they supposedly won $500. How do you know the Winner's List is not made up. There are all kind of ways that they are deceiving people by these games and by email and by the search engine alone. There have been many people to speak up about PCH. Supposedly PCH was recently sued. I am thinking about starting my own lawsuit against this place myself. It is not right for companies to be able to get away with this.

Original review: July 16, 2018

PCH E-mails are disruptive and annoying, every day and almost every minute of every day there is some form of e-mail sent stating "YOU MUST DO THIS!", "DO THIS NOW!", "Immediate attention required!" or "Immediate action needed now!" or YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED for "x" prize mentioned in the e-mail. And no matter how many times you click on the offending action they want you to do, you then have to go through so many hoops. It's just not worth it, you end up wasting nothing but time you could be using for other activities, like cleaning your house, going out to lunch or a movie with family or friends, going to a mall, anything, but wasting time on game that you will never win!

I can't recall the name of the current game they have where you click on a circle to launch a ball to win either a specific amount of tokens or possibly $10,000.00 cash. This game IS RIGGED and my experience with it was just that, the ball literally landed and stopped in the holder that shows I'd win $10,000.00 cash, but what happened next, the ball LITERALLY JUMPED out and landed in a lower level, offering me tokens. I think it was 250, maybe 500. But by all rights, I SHOULD HAVE WON that cash. Then on the football game, you pick a player. He kicks the ball and what happens, right as the ball is heading DIRECTLY between the goalposts, it looks like it has already gone between them, then it swerves and goes off to the left or right of the goalposts! Definitely rigged as far as I'm concerned.

I used to write software and I know that it's entirely possible to make a game "CHEAT" folks out of lives, extra's or anything else in a game. The coders of the games PCH.COM uses SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES for coding games in such a manner. As another stated, the race car and horse race game are 2 more examples of this, you will always come in 4th or 5th, never less than 4th place, yet, I picked a car and it crossed the finish line FIRST, then the game dropped that car back and it came in 4th.

I also ordered 2 items from PCH.COM, paid in full up front, I never got to make payments as they claim, combined my payment as one, 1 item has been shipped thus far, waiting for 2nd item to ship, paid twice for shipping, why can't PCH COMBINE shipments when they TAKE FULL PAYMENT and combine that with shipping so you only pay one small shipping fee instead of 2. Been tracking the package since it was shipped, 4 days later and the FedEx they used for shipping shows the package HAS NOT MOVED at all!

Makes me wonder if I'll ever see the two items I purchased, and they always force you into scrolling through everything, at least FIVE PAGES of product BEFORE you can get the SUBMIT ENTRY, and then they tend to hit you up with a special and you have to go through the same process of FIVE PAGES of PRODUCT again! You should be able to submit entry from PAGE 1 of this, since they always claim: {no purchase necessary to win!}. Another load of malarkey as far as I am concerned. You better off to buy things direct from the manufacturer, as I've actually and literally found the same products CHEAPER there and sometimes even with free shipping!

And that's another thing that gets me, they offer a FREE GIFT or free gifts but you have to ORDER something to get that/those free gift{s}! And then you have to pay SHIPPING on a supposed free gift{s}! What is up with that? If you're sending me something for free, then do it, don't charge for something that should be on their cost, not us, the consumers! My advice is set your e-mail up to put them into your JUNK folder and also BLOCK their e-mail address, then you'll NEVER see their arrogant and deceptive practices to fool you into playing their shenanigans ever again. These people ARE NOT WORTH THE TIME or YOUR MONEY!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased an amethyst ring from them with the option of making monthly payments. I sent in my first payment way before the due date, and the next thing I knew, I was getting NASTY emails from them, saying my account was delinquent and I had better pay up!!! (My bank records proved they had received and cashed my check!) I quickly paid it off with my debit card and then they began to pressure me to buy more merchandise. NO WAY! I have unsubscribed unsuccessfully, so now I have marked them as spam. I am quite certain the whole thing is a joke and they are a disreputable company.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I wanted to alert other consumers and their families, especially for the elderly. This company will sent notices to entice purchasing under the guise of winning something. They will ship multiple substandard quality and over priced products for months and months. By the time a person realizes they have won nothing and now have a huge bill. Followed by a rude exchange with a supervisor. Shame on you PCH!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have been on their mailing list now for thirty years. And bought all kinds of trash from them and never won A thing. There was A time I'm sure they sold my DNA to boulder county during the JonBenet Ramsey investigations.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have 25 million tokens and not one win. You have better odds in some PCH prize categories with the Lottery. PCH is kind of fun and the site is professional. You just cannot get excited about winning. If you are looking to win as a means of income, etc. PCH is not the way to do it. Your time can be better spent in other potential areas.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Publishers Clearing House is just that... a clearing house for magazines and goods. Their primary objective is to sell stuff. If you go in knowing that, you will understand how they operate. Winning money is a come-on to generating sales. Keeping you coming back via hyped-up emails is their MO. If you think you might get lucky and actually win money well, let me advise you that you will probably do better by buying scratch-off tickets. I actually won a total of $350 from scratch-off tickets. As for pch.com, I received a check for $10 in the mail which covered the cost of a magazine I ordered.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have been ordering PCH merchandise for about 3 years. I have found some things are cheap and break. However PCH has been great about refunding or replacing, if I call about something broken. Recently my friend broke his sunglasses he received from PCH. I called PCH and they replaced them for free! I like PCH. You just have to be selective on what you order!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have been told that I have to buy things to be eligible to win in their current contest. I purchased goods 3 separate times. Now I am being told I have to buy again or I will be disqualified and unable to win in the current contest. I am not going to buy again! I have spent over $100. On goods. I think I should be qualified to win. What a scam!!! You see all of their wonderful T.V. commercials and believe they are a reputable company. They are not! What is happening in our country? Does everyone lie all of the time???

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have bought and played regularly games and sweepstakes for over 2 years, all I've won is a $10 gift cert, it's not the winning, it's the programming behind all of pch.com's stuff. Example if you land on $100 or ? You see it quickly jump to you won only tokens, no cash. It also trips you up constantly, trying to get you to buy or loose time. I recommend NYS to take a hidden sample look at the programming behind the whole deal. I know from using computers, you can set them up to make sure no one MUCH wins in NY, the sad part is I like the games, but knowing that it's not real hurts, help us consumers.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have been playing for a little over ten years. And boy do they make you believe you are the next big winner. But I've finally caught on and noticed that we don't ever win. It's just like all the fake apps on marketplace. They get paid to keep our minds busy. Another brainwashed American citizen I have let myself become with dreams of the all American dream. I've become a slave to PCH... smh. Makes me wonder if they care about the hopes and dreams they are crushing.

I can't say how many times my spins on let's say the gift wheel... it landed between cash all five tes not once but twenty nine times over a two month period. By the way the other times just tokens of course. Way too many emails and even phone calls. They get paid for our clicks... over ten years of loyalty and not even $1 to show they do something for me. They can start by paying for all my wasted data. Should be able to sue for fraudulent activity. I'm gonna look into it. Try Lucky Day people at least they pay you. Lol. Good luck.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I received an email saying I won $1,850,000.00 US dollars in their 2018 PCH giveaway and to send my details to them. This isn't the first time they sent me an email saying I won. I just never responded because I think it's fake and don't want to give out my information online. It would be nice to know that it was real and to have that kind of money or even have cause I've been playing for a while and still haven't received anything in the mail not even a phone call. I can't even get a happy birthday email. Shaking my head.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Ordered HGTV/House Beautiful magazine through Publishers Clearing House on Mar 8, 2018. It was for 20 issues at $25.96. I paid Publishers Clearing House via check when I received the bill on Mar 28 '18. To date, (3 1/2 months later) I have not received a single issue. Just got off the phone with Publishers Clearing House and talked with an agent (who seemed and sounded bewildered). My account shows paid in full but she could not explain to me why I have never received a single issue. She put me on hold for several minutes and then came back and gave me no explanation still as to why I have not received any issues. She said maybe the magazine only comes out once in a while... duh, it is monthly.

I then asked for a refund of my $25.96. She said okay, it takes 24 to 48 hours for the cancellation to go through and it will take 2 to 3 weeks before I can be issued the refund. My advice is not to "ever" purchase a magazine subscription through Publishers Clearing House due to their obviously lousy inefficient processing of magazine subscriptions! Better to order directly from the actual magazine itself rather than through Publishers Clearing House. I am publishing this review because ordering through Publishers Clearing House for magazine subscriptions is probably not a good idea. Their customer service is lousy!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I make payments every month soon as I can. I also only get paid once a month. What do they think I am. I surely don't have a million dollars. I even pay more than what I'm to pay every month. They called me on June 6th 2018 and I made a higher payment than I had to. I was also promised that I would not be called again. But they call me 5 days later again. I was so upset that I was partly mad but crying. Doing this to me it affected my bipolar that I wished that I was dead. Because it's like who cares and keeps their word?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I've been playing Publishers Clearing House for 5 years and I still haven't won the sweepstakes and a downfall is I've been in this for a long time and I still haven't won anything but five bucks here. In there it says make we can make your dream come true but the sad part about all that is about time they make your dreams come true you pretty much have been real real old and that's not fair. It shouldn't take 10 years or longer than that just to win a sweepstakes.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I stayed up playing the game Keno for 24 hours and won it. I got a email from Publishers Clearing House saying that I won and I would get 400 dollars in 3 to 4 weeks but now they are saying that I violated the rules. They block me and won't pay me the money that I won. They won't tell me how and what rules that I violated. I work my butt off getting to 180 lifetime tokens and now I have been blocked. I can't even think of any rules that I violated. I won fair and square and they won't even pay me for what I won. Don't waste your time playing their games because they are nothing but liars. I'm disabled and the 400 dollars was going to help a lot and it got my hopes up for nothing.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have felt many times no one wins these but about 15 years ago they actually came to my parents’ home and my father answered the door. When I came home he told me they had come to ask for the address of the person who won in our small town in central IL. Then about a year later they did the same thing looking for another winner when it was just me at home. It does happen, just not very often to most people, just like the lotto.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Ok does anyone ever win? How the hell can they say you've won when in reality they are lying and deceiving the public!!! How does this happen without having to pay out something? Why can they send out emails and letters saying you've won and not have to pay out anything? I wanna know would a lawyer be able to sue them for deceive and tricking you to open email saying you win? I would like an attorney to shed light on this. Can you tie them up in court. Is there a legal way to "stick it" to Publishers Clearing House???

Original review: May 25, 2018

I play game after game after game - WIN ZILCH. Good examples are the horse race & the car race - never finished higher than 4th place no matter what horse, or what car I choose. Never win any big money, & very little small money. Won $5 one time. Won $10 one time. I don’t even know how I won. What good are tokens? I have submitted over 10 million tokens and never won diddly-squat!

The latest winners for the token entries all seemed to begin with the name Paul. Check it out these 05/23-24 Winners: Paul ** $75 Omaha Steaks; Tara ** $100 Walmart Gift Card; Nancy ** Canon EOS Rebel Digital SLR Camera; Paul ** $75 Omaha Steaks; Paula ** Hamilton Beach Wave crusher blender. Could have been a misprint. Paul ** won $75 Omaha Steaks on 5/23 AND 5/24. WOW! What Luck! Bottom line - I’ll probably quit this soon, as nobody is exactly twisting my arm to play; however, they sure make the prizes sound phenomenal. We all want to ride that rainbow to the pot of gold. I’ll even take a fancy coffee pot. Maybe I’ll change my name to Paul ** or Pauline ** or something like that. Good Luck Y'all.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought a Toucan automatic can opener. The first time I used it the start button fell into the machine. I contacted Publishers Clearing House to get a refund. They instructed me to return the $14.96 product at my cost for a refund. I packed it and brought it to the USPS who wanted $10.32 postage to return it. With no assurance that they would refund my money, I chose not to waste more of my hard earned cash. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

So I decided to give their app a try, and astonishingly, I actually won. Just $5 on the wheel spin for a newly acquired gold member, but it was like I was getting a tiny refund for the time and money I gave them in the past. I tried to claim it and I was brought to a nearly blank page. I tried to back out of the page and it told me I could claim it later, but when I went back to the app, there was no option to claim my reward, let alone prove that I even won anything.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I've been buying and submitting my chances for over 18 YEARS now and have NEVER WON ONCE, I see that people have won a least 10 or 25 in gift cards, but in all the time and money I have put into this, not once have gotten something in returned. The products they sell are OK, but very high price as if you buy them from the store itself. They give you free stuff IF you pay for the shipping which is 10 times more expensive that the product itself. I hate to see their emails or paper mail saying that I am a winner and that just need to confirm my address and so on. So many times got excited thinking... this is the time, but nothing. All is advertising for me to buy their products :(. Very sad to see a company give hope to people that would love to be a winner some day!!! Is not fair to received a mail saying YOU ARE A WINNER with a note inside saying, send this back for a chance to WIN!!! WHICH YOU NEVER DO :(!

Original review: May 21, 2018

After trying to enter a far fetched idea of perhaps winning a dollar or two, signed with PCH on 3-17-2018. Numerous emails from them and associated, to a total of 312 to this date of 5-21-2018. Would not want to count the time invested to read and see all of them, and realize that they are in business to sell, but do think that it is a scam. Do you know of anyone that has won? REALLY.

Original review: May 13, 2018

PCH is total garbage. They have longer odds of winning than lottery odds. Also, they send you reminders to play their games constantly to your email. They want you to play all day long the hundreds of games they have of which you can never win. I won once on PCH search after playing for years and they send me a message saying that they would not pay me. They accused me of using a bot or something when I was just searching from site to site through their portal. PCH sucks hard.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have read other reviews of Publishers Clearing House. I bought some of their products 2-3 years ago. I got the products. They were ok. I have never had any problems since then. Their website is a little confusing but overall my experience with them was ok. I was never charged for anything I did not buy. I have just read so many many negative reviews. If I saw something I liked I would probably buy it. Hopefully they will try to improve their customer service and address the complaints.

Original review: May 8, 2018

First of all they do not give you payment options. They want all of their money. Second of all their items are not worth the money and shipping is not fair. 3rd when I return an item it never shows up on their end and I’m out of the postage for returning it and the money that I put into it for the garbage they send you. I will not ever buy from them again. They have a terrible practice to make you think you're going to get something great and you really just have a big bill that they want all at once. They are not giving you anything. They just keep taking. They also charged me $15.00 on shipping for coins that came as regular postage... Then they wanted all of the money or I will be charged a late fee of $4.50 if not paid in full. This is BS.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I just started playing and entering this year to hopefully win money to help my sister. I have learned through reading these comments that PCH is a scam. The winning number draw date changes. Items purchased do not arrive. I have spent too much money and plan to just drop this whole site. It is a shame that even I, the most skeptical person in the world, fell for this. Desperate people do stupid things, I guess.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I want PCH to explain why no one living in mobile homes or apartments are never shown as winners? Always nice homes! Also...why are the majority "winners" primarily on the East Coast? Looked up weekly winners... I saw two! After years of weekly games. Are the winners big winners or say, $100,000. You can't see the checks. Something smells! I too, am one of those players who play every day and have for years. Ziltch! Nada! Shame on PCH!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have been playing PCH games for over 2 years now. I won a 5 dollar Amazon gift card once as a result of a player level increase. And it worked. I just had to claim it at Amazon. Never anything else as a result of thousands of hours on the site. I will not order again after receiving two items of very inferior quality. One, a medical bracelet that caused my skin to blister and rupture. I have never had a reaction to metals before but this one had something very reactive in it! And a birdhouse that fell apart a few months after purchase. I tried to find the info on these two orders, but it has been long enough since they were placed that I could not find the numbers or receipts for them.

My main reason for writing this review is to comment on the awful practice they have of running endless pharmaceutical commercials back to back and over and over and over again. I am sure that the companies pay PCH mega bucks to run these ads for medications that they warn are addictive, but then, they run them many times over, and many of them last 2 minutes or more. They do after all have to have time to tell you everything that can go wrong if you take them! I have watched so many hours of these pusher commercials that I have sworn off ever buying anything from the companies they represent or PCH! No one should push drugs like that! But then you are apparently willing to overlook what is right when you are being paid so much to do so I guess.

At least give us the opportunity to skip listening to these pushers over and over again! And, yes, I do turn down the sound. I still get tired of watching these sleepy, or happy, slow motion actors over and over again when I know that the majority of the commercial is all the while droning on about what can go wrong if you take it! At the same time asking you to ask your doctor for it! Don't you make enough money without being in the pocket of pharmaceutical companies? SHAME ON YOU PCH!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I am so done with PCH. From now their e-mails will be going in the spam folder. The whole thing is fixed. My opinion is that whoever works for PCH it's their family members that are the ones winning. I put in for things with my tokens and get nothing. I'm done with PCH for good because nobody is ever going to win. It's all FIXED.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information