1.33/5

Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

1834 Publishers Clearing House Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been a member since 2015 and have won 10.00 dollars. Awarded in a check by mail. I was warned by all the warnings about the odds of winning a grand prize. So I'm not expecting anything less than if I was playing the lotto. We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10.00 dollars on playing games and watching ads, without me spending any money. And I do not expect much more.

The odds are against you for any winnings and they have the warnings everywhere. So to get upset or pissed off because you don't win is pointless. As for the ads, how do you think they make the money to pay the winners and as for the freezing problems it is their software or hardware trying to keep up with so many people trying to win a grand prize to support their dreams. But in the end I do believe they have many winners and people's lives changed forever.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I know that PCH Is a legit company and I play every single day. Just because you have not won yet, doesn't mean you won't. If you don't play, there is a 100% chance you will not. I am finally a PCH VIP ELITE with coming up on 1 billion on my token history. It has taken me just over a year to reach my all time token history. I have won twice and a very active player who is dedicated to PCH. No, you do not have to purchase a thing to win.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I just want to say I've read a lot of your reviews and I can understand people being upset over money they've spent and lost throughout the years, but on that note in Publishers Clearing House's defense if you're one of those people like me who actually takes the time to read the small print before just sending off my hard earned money to everything. They clearly state buying things from them does not increase your odds of winning. Your odds are just the same as someone like me who never purchases anything. I just submit for my chance to win, take a few surveys and go on about my day. I know the odds of me winning will probably never happen, but it's worth a shot to try. If you are tired of wasting your money then stop sending it. You're not doing yourself any good. Hope this helps someone out there.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I play PCH all the time online, and I won four times, small amounts, not any major sweepstakes yet, but I wish, first time I won $50, then $20, then $250 then $10. And if you got asked to send money in order to receive a cash winning, then it wasnt PCH, your contents got into the wrong hands somewhere and some con artist is trying to rip you off. So take the word from someone who has took those PCH checks to Walmart and got them cashed, PCH is real.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have felt many times no one wins these but about 15 years ago they actually came to my parents’ home and my father answered the door. When I came home he told me they had come to ask for the address of the person who won in our small town in central IL. Then about a year later they did the same thing looking for another winner when it was just me at home. It does happen, just not very often to most people, just like the lotto.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I changed my mind not to order by not filling in the payments type, in other words the ordering was not completed. After reading all the reviews I decided to unsubscribe, I received the order today with a bill saying payment is due. ??? what kind of business is this?? Called customers service and was told they receive calls like this a lot...so why wasting your time and other's? She said I can go ahead to send it back with the return label behind the bill and she'll take me off the mailing lists. It has been a week since I unsubscribed and still get mails from them. I'm glad I changed my mind not to be in this fishing bait. I hope this is the end of the story, if not then I'll be back to write another review.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Irrelevant products. I'm not holding my breath to win even $10 on their website. I did win $25 by check from them back in the 90's (which probably didn't even cover the postage for all the entries I mailed in). What bugs me most is the longest ads are the most irrelevant to the average person willing to spend time to play their games. Main offender- SK-II. I'm willing to bet less than 5% of the people who play PCH games and enter online can even afford that product, but they beat us to death with these long-winded ads. I might stop just for that reason. If I could afford that product, I wouldn't even waste my time on that site.

Original review: May 18, 2019

In 2007 my name was used on Publishers Clearing House website. This was an early bird sneak peek. I was using search engine blingo. The company used my first and last name on their website. There were other winners named Emmanuel etc. This was the 1170 super prize. I called the company and they lied and said I didn't win. A few years later my identity ended up on the California lottery website website page under winning numbers page. When I called the California lottery I spoke with Catherine and she said did I ever win anything because they only use winners that have won.

Since then I've been trying to get through to PCH and all I get is the runaround. I feel because I'm black they used my information any way they wanted without giving me my prize. Shutter stock, Avalon modeling agency used my likeness and picture for advertising without my permission. All I asked was to be treated fair. I've been robbed 3 times. Stitches in my eyebrows cut with a dull edged knife on my hand, hospital bills etc, even time I was robbed I had no money. Just food stamps. Even had to move out of state because people thought I was a millionaire. It's unfair. It's as putting a gun to someone's hands and pulling the trigger. Still haven't received my 5000 a week for life prize.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased a small $34.26 item a couple months ago. When I received the bill I promptly wrote a check for the full amount and mailed it in the provided envelope. This was on March 15, 2019. I then got another bill on April 22 stating it was past due and needed to pay it to avoid an extra charge of $4.50. I checked my bank and the check had not been cashed, so I wrote another check and included a note about the previous check. This time I copied the check, my note and the addressed envelope. I took it into the post office rather than using a post office box. Coincidentally I mailed a couple other bills outer state. This was on April 23.

Today I received an email advising me to pay online or get the $4.50 worth of charges. I don't like giving my account information online to them. I called and got stuck in a loop all trying to get me to pay online through an automated program. After several choices and getting nowhere, I called their fraud department to talk to a human. It turns out she really is with customer service. They are still claiming they don't have my blasted check.

What is frustrating is something similar happened to me with Publishers Clearing House several years ago. That time I paid the bill and the check was lost. The second notice had a finance charge added on it. I paid it because I never could get a live person and it was only $15. I wanted it paid, I was in the process of buying another house and didn't want anything left hanging. That check with extra fees was cashed. It feels like a scam to get consumers to pay bogus finance fees. None of these checks are as much as a stop payment will be. Lesson learned, never be from Publishers Clearing House again. Meanwhile, I am not sure who I should report this to. Thank you, Barbara **.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I am "expert in certain word games--worked at mental hospital==played one word game on computer break allowed fwd and back except sick sex words like yaws =rn 30 years was sway backwards --noticed many words did that--1st day playing 60 sec word on home pc for PCH did same and hate words=I wrote down+word yew (a tree not allowed etc=wrote those down 3 days later allowed many good words had not allowed but still took ** etc= and freezes oddly. Taking up to 5 seconds per letter on 10x day and freezes altogether too and when unfreezes goes from 60 sec to 48, 42-when havent been able to play-oh btw-it's showed up at my desk after 1st day play -I asked re game-git smile they're meant for patients= I never played it again!! But occurred in court could set people up=what bs!!

Original review: May 3, 2019

I think it is fair to say that we all would like to keep some sort of hope that we can be the next winner???? From PCH pay out of some sort. How it would just help out in so many ways but aside from the huge far fetched dream the real question is the PCH for real or is it just fake with paid actors claiming to win? Well I do have some real evidence from first hand experience myself with this PCH monster company that I have been contemplating that very question for the past few years until I myself was contacted by this PCH themselves more than once by email notifying me that I was a winner.

Now this was not those fake emails that we all get from time to time saying we won and we need to pay to get the money some transferred to our bank account. Which is so stupid because if we someone really won and it was for real they would be able to take whatever taxes or fines straight from the winnings and would not need you to pay anything from your pocket whatsoever. So if you ever are asked to pay out of your pocket it is fake. Sorry backed to my real email from PCH. They sent me a message saying my name in huge capital letters. GERALD ** from SUNNYVALE CALIFORNIA just won $10,000. So I said to myself, “Oh my God. This is a joke. Did I really win?” I asked myself. Then I seen I was sent another email immediately after again from PCH apologizing for a mistake that they made and were looking into it so that it never happens again.

Explaining that name was accidentally copied in to the real winners spot and that I did not win. And they left a name and number if I wanted to contact them if I had any questions. I was upset and left questioning is this real or fake. That is where I am still in search of finding the truth. But I have can confirm they do have some real winners because I have been contacted by PCH four different times by email saying I won $100 because I was the top score of the blackjack contests they have every day at midnight 12:00a.m.

I did receive a real check for $100 four different times from PCH so they do have real winners but my only question is do they have big huge winners too? That does not have my full confidence because I have not seen the proof for any million dollar winners. I only can speak for a $100???? Which I can say is real. But not the 10,000 winner sweepstakes that I believe is fake.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was reading the Facts and Rules for a Giveaway (Ford Escort). On the page that you enter your tokens for a chance to win. The giveaway # was 11749 but on the Facts and Rules page the giveaway # was 13652. Also they state that it is only for US residents. They say the odds of winning are 1 in 1,600,000,000 but there are only about 400 million people that reside in the United States so how can their statements be true unless I have some of my facts wrong but I don't think I do. They don't have to give anything away but stop misleading everyone.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Sales sent two pair of shoes when mom ordered one. Then they sent two die cast car twin packs instead of one. She paid for one and they are billing her for the second. She will not pay. She paid for both pair of shoes because she is 85 and felt she had to or she'd be arrested for cryin' out loud. They are threatening to charge her for non-payment of the second set of die cast cars she NEVER ordered. She feels she has to buy to win or they throw your envelope away if the box is checked "no order". They should be shut down by Consumer Affairs for taking advantage of the elderly. No matter how many times we call they are always busy. It is a very frustrating experience trying to straighten things out. I TOLD HER STOP BUYING and STOP SENDING THEIR CRAP IN. They make you jump hoops like a monkey. At least a monkey gets peanuts for doing so.

Original review: April 27, 2019

You order, put in mail, about 3 weeks-4 weeks later you receive your item - write a check. Then you receive a statement saying balance is due because you failed to make payments. I had this happen claiming the post office claimed to have delivered pkgs within 2-4 days of me mailing an order in. People this has to be a scam - they claim because I waited so long to make a payment (same day as item received!) All balances are due and payable. Beware.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I don’t believe their statements that say if you don’t order you can still be a winner. I have been playing PCH Sweepstakes for about 10 years now and can’t afford to order anything, nor have I won a damn thing. So I think they only pick the people who place orders to be in the winner pool. I’m beginning to think this is nothing but a scam!!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

The games are standard, but it takes forever to load compared to any other site. I'm stuck watching full minute commercials that don't pertain to me, and it's the same one over and over... and over again. The extreme low chance of winning anything doesn't make it worth the time and frustration.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Be VERY cautious about making purchases from PCH. Their prices are vastly inflated when compared to what comparable and identical items sell for when purchased from other sources such as Amazon or Walmart. It is not uncommon for PCH to show an initial price which is 10-25% higher than other sources AND then they add bogus shipping charges plus, in some cases, a "heavy item" fee so their final price is 30-50% more than what a customer can find online elsewhere.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My favorite token game is not working correctly. It is only giving 100 tokens per game. It should be 10 x the points score. No one will help. ___ "How Wonderful! Your Score: 140. 10xTokens Earned: 100. Play Again."

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been buying for a couple months. Everything I bought either didn't work or was trash. If you have to return anything, that's wrong, they don't refund shipping. They make money from shipping. So, anything I bought I could have bought at the Dollar Store and been happier. I will never buy from them again. You have to pay to return, so what's the bother. It doesn't to return anything to them.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ok. Here's the deal. You will not win playing games or entering sweepstakes on pch.com. It was not designed for that. It was designed to give you the false hope of winning to keep you playing the games on their site as long as they possibly can. The webmaster can then look at the logs to get statistics to put infront of advertisers to get them to buy commercial time and if you've ever been to pch.com you know it's all about advertisement. Every page is absolutely covered in animated advertisement and you get advertisement videos between games and in the case of the slots you will get an advertisement between every spin.

Pch.com more than likely pulls in hundreds of millions of dollars a year from this set up. Do people really win? I don't know. You don't know. All we know is that they say they pay out and there is a banner at the bottom of the page claiming that this person or that person won a 6, 10, or 20 dollar gift card the last hour. It can take you 12 hours or more some days to play all the games due to the repeated advertisements between games and what sucks even more is there is no variety in the advertisement, I want to find the people in the Skin Chat video and punch all of them in the mouth since their commercial is played over and over and over and over again.

Original review: April 14, 2019

So, I'm one of those PCH Presidential Preferred Top Customers, and I get multiple entries, from 3-10 entries per entry site. Today SIX entry screens froze during my attempts at entering. I have cleared my browsing histories and cookies, but it does not help at all. This really pisses me off. That put me at losing out on about 20 entry numbers. What if one of them was a winner? It isn't my computer doing this, it's PCH's computer messing up. I've been entering since 1972, with nothing to show for it. That's 47 years of HOPING I might win. What kind of fool am I?

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have used the playing of game to relieve the stress of all the emails I take care of. All was good til they did not like my Adblock. I do not work so the ads are useless on me. Another I know has Adblock and they are not bothered by them, I told them I maybe had been next to win and they wanted to thwart me. Not a good thing at all. I have gone to the tablet to continue to do PCH entries. The tablet is bounced out all the time and I need to re-enter and their system says I already collected whatever I entered in the first place. I agree PCH is no longer the place to be. Just takes time a lot of us don't have to entertain the possibility of a win. It plain sucks.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have been an avid consistent contest member with PCH since 2002. I only continue to enter the Sweepstakes, reason to continue the legacy my mom entering since when Art Linkletter was hosting PCH, god bless my mom's soul. She has been without us for 14 years now. Still no results at winning a single thing. I am starting to agree with all of the reviews of PCH being a non-Legit Company. What is up with the winners? PCH do show who have won only been members for a short-term.

Original review: April 7, 2019

This "company" is a SCAM. There's no if, ands or butts about it. I know there's a lot of idiotic people on here who for some reason come flying to the defense of this scamming ** company with the typical "Only people who don't win anything talk bad about PCH." Well duh. No **, that's kinda what happens when a company claims to have sweepstakes and gives away money when in fact it's all fake and one big scam to get views on the spam so they can get money. It's not just about not winning, that I could deal with. (Although let's admit it. Spending years and countless time on PCH and never winning anything is annoying **.)

It's the fact that once you sign up with this company you're bombarded NONSTOP with spam emails. Their website is literally nothing but spam, you can't enter/do anything without being forced to go through endless pages of spam article links, spam ads all over their site and don't get me started on the hellish spam emails I get nonstop from them. They're making millions if not billions off of us and in return we don't get jack except a never ending supply of spam and lies.

I've been on PCH for years now so trust me when I say I have a pretty good knowledge of how their site looks, how it operates and things like that. The fact that their whole site revolves around spam, the fact that once you sign up with them and enter your first "sweepstakes" you're bombarded day in and day out with spam emails and the fact that all these supposed "winners" of their contests they show on their website make no sense and sound made up. (Someone with the name Tamar? Someone with some made up stereotypical Indian name living in the deep south? Multiple winners with the same name and same first letter of their last name being drawn at the same time or within a couple of days of each other?)

And the fact that they give out the location of each of these supposed winners (like come on now, would any real person in their right mind who just won thousands - millions of dollars want their name and location posted for the entire world to see? Not unless someone wanted to be robbed or harassed for money I honestly cannot see a real person being okay with that, now a made up person I'm sure would be cool with it.) PCH screams scam.

I've stupidly used PCH for years, put in countless time earning tokens, entering their contests and sweepstakes and have never won a single thing. I'm one of the people who does these kinds of things because I need money and needing money to survive can really make you desperate and make you do stupid things which is why I've been using their site for so long. Deep down I always knew something was off about their site but the fact that I desperately need money made me ignore it.

What made me snap so to speak was something that's been going on the past couple of days with their Prize Grab "instant win" game, I've played it easily thousands of times and always got tokens, yesterday and the day before yesterday I'm playing and for the first time it grabbed a money bag but guess what? I didn't win jack, it grabbed the money bag and just as it was about to hit the top to show my reward it dropped and said "Woo Whoo you won 50 tokens."

(I know I'm not the only one who gets annoyed ** with those cheesy ** congratulation messages you get... I'm winning nothing but tokens from a online website something that's literally meaningless and not money - something I desperately need so don't ** congratulate me, congratulate me when I win money... which let's admit it you have a better chance of Jesus Christ coming down from the sky then you do of winning these scam artists contests.) That happened twice, yesterday and the day before yesterday but today it went back to grabbing tokens. Once again they just scream scam, even when you do what you need to win you still don't win...

It's my honest belief that only older people and/or rich people win lotteries and things like that, people who actually need money for survival never win. Not too long ago there was a lotto that hit a billion dollars and what age do you think the person was who won it? 90 years old. Don't believe me? Go do your research and you'll see how many older and/or well off people win things. It's such a painful feeling when you put so much time, effort, money and hope into something only for it to be dashed then you get that why bother feeling and want to give up, but at least with lottery tickets and things like that there's no shady BS going on, you either win or you don't but with PCH you never win, no one does except for PCH.

They make millions and billions of dollars off of all that spam they cram down our throats, they take advantage of people who desperately need money people who spend hours of their time a day trying to win. PCH's website even looks like a spam site. I honestly have no idea how or why this "company" is even allowed to continue. They need to be shut down, preying on people who desperately need money for their survival, preying on hopes and dreams is the lowest form of scammer.

I and anyone else who have been preyed upon for years by the living definition of a scam that is PCH need to start a petition to get PCH shut down, people managed to get their "having to buy our junk to enter" tactic they used to do shut down, there's endless evidence of PCH's scamming out there, 99.9% of their reviews are bad, so I know getting them shut down is very possible. Hopefully everyone will start coming to their senses like I did to get this monster shut down.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been entering Publishers Clearing House for many years. Playing their games for tokens and to enter their deals like $7000.00 a week for life. I have been cheated time and time again, out of tokens. For instance when you first enter the $7000.00 a week for life contest, it shows that you have won 10.000 tokens for the token board. But then when it puts the number of tokens on the token board, it only shows 1000 points. Then as you play more games during that time, you lose more tokens due to the fact you can't get the games to play. This all comes up empty, showing you have played the games and you have not even seen some of the games.

Also when it shows that the entry has been confirmed it only shows 150 token points. That is one of the biggest, sorriest excuse for points. Also every time I redeem my tokens, I don't see a thing from it. Beginning to think that they are very much a scammer. You enter and enter all the time, but what do you get. If I was to win the $7000.00 weekly for life it would really and truly be a miracle. They have sent me names of people that was suppose to have won in my state, but I have not found a single one of them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

After 26 years of entering PCH contests and ordering things, I received a phone call asking me my opinion. After that call, all entries stopped; without any notification. When I asked about this, this is the response I received: "Under an agreement between Publishers Clearing House and your State Attorney General, PCH is required to interview customers whose purchase activity with our company meets a certain criteria. Your account was identified as having met the criteria outlined in the agreement. You may recall completing a telephone or written survey where we asked you a number of questions about entering our sweepstakes and buying products.

Our agreement with your State required that your name be removed from our mailing list based upon the information provided in the survey. As a result we are required to reject any current or future PCH orders under your name. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you for your past patronage with our company." I should have been given the opportunity to enter the sweepstakes, even though I have never one ONE thing. This is a big rip off.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My mother has played their sweepstakes for almost 20-years and I grew up watching her return notice after notice multiple times every week. She has won nothing in all that time, not even one of their basic $100 winnings. She's getting older and has felt so horrible about wasting her time and "all those stamps" that I started playing the games under her name hoping to win her even a gift card.

I spent all of my free-time making daily visits to play everything available (while also not winning any of their 'instant wins'). I finally thought I'd saved up enough and for a month I've used my nearly 70-million tokens on their rewards. I've put in thousands of entries on single items on a weekly basis. This week I finally used every single token I had collected and I wasn't even able to win her a $20 McDonald's gift card. I haven't sat down and calculated the odds of this but I'm rather positive that it's close to nearly impossible and I'm done with them.

In reality those games are mainly there to generate ad revenue (and seeing as how there is at least one ad popping up every single time you do anything - that's a LOT of money) and to get people to buy their overpriced catalog items (which she has also done). They feed off the desperation of people like my mom who see winning as their only means to financial stability. Rather than doing something rational and making up a dozen smaller but equally meaningful prizes they dump the winnings on one major winner, in what is a brilliant move to make people more competitive. Save yourself the headache and don't even get started.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Played one of the games that was a tournament. Once I started getting high scores PCH wiped out my scores and said I violated against their rules!!!! So I will never play another game as you can't be getting good scores, if you do you are automatically cheating!!! I never have won anything and obviously never will. Going to block PCH, don't send me your trashy e-mails either!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I entered the sweepstakes because it says "No Purchase Necessary" in the Official Rules, however, I got to the end of the survey and it forced me to choose a product to purchase! I ended the survey at that point and tried to cancel, but I was inundated with phone calls by telemarketers and others trying to sell me products. This happened within minutes after entering my info in the survey. I also received emails from PCH saying I need to finish my entry even after canceling it! This is a total scam!

Original review: March 23, 2019

PCH runs its sites with add Ins that tell you if you sign up for something you will get a gift card for a $1000. I signed up for Apple Music but never received the card. Call PCH and they stated that it was an outside group. I believe they should be responsible for who they allow to use their site.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information