2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

BOTTOM LINE

Publishers Clearing House is a company that offers low-stakes daily sweepstakes prizes. There’s no purchase necessary to win, but the odds of winning are small and playing results in frequent email and mail offers.

PROS

• Daily sweepstakes
  • Friendly service
  • Free to enter

CONS

• Marketing overload
  • Slim odds

Top Publishers Clearing House Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

I have been the top token earner on the KENO contest held every day several times… since then I have won $400 three times, $500 twice and $10 because I hit a cash prize instead of tokens. That is very rare. But PCH is legit and they do pay off.

We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10.00 dollars on playing games and watching ads, without me spending any money...

What is Publishers Clearing House?

Publishers Clearing House is a sweepstakes and marketing company. Since it was founded, Publishers Clearing House has awarded more than $483 million in prizes.

The company awards between $3 million to more than $13 million in prizes annually, and at least $10,000 in major prizes are awarded each month. The SuperPrizes that range from $1 million to $10 million are awarded at least three times per year. In addition to cash prizes, the company awards winning entrants with cars, computers, gift cards and more.

How does Publishers Clearing House work?

You can enter to win Publishers Clearing House contests online, by phone and by mail. You can play games and enter the sweepstakes online through mobile devices, tablets or desktop computers. The company’s suite of digital properties receives more than 5 million daily visits and around 2 billion monthly page views. According to the company, someone wins a prize every 10 minutes, and you can enter to win daily.

Entrants must be 18 years or older, and no purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize in any amount. Players who choose to purchase magazine subscriptions or merchandise do not receive an advantage over those who do not make a purchase. Shopper benefits include installment pricing, special offers, frequent discounts and a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy.

Is Publishers Clearing House free?

Publishers Clearing House does not charge its players to enter sweepstakes or play games, and there is no fee to collect a prize. You can purchase a variety of products and merchandise that range in price, however.

If a company contacts you claiming to be Publishers Clearing House and requesting money to claim a prize, it is most likely a scam.

Publishers Clearing House FAQ

How does Publishers Clearing House notify winners?
    Publishers Clearing House awards prizes throughout the year. Major prize award winners and SuperPrize winners are notified in person by the company’s Prize Patrol, while runner-up winners are notified by overnight express carrier or email.
    What happens if you win Publishers Clearing House and you’re not home?
    The Prize Patrol will locate its winners at home, at the office or even on vacation. The team once waited for an entire weekend for a winner to return home.
    Where does Publishers Clearing House money come from?
    Prizes awarded by Publishers Clearing House are funded by company revenue earned from merchandise and magazine offers. No purchase is necessary to enter to win.
    Does anybody really win Publishers Clearing House?
    Yes. The sweepstakes is legitimate, but the big prizes are sought by so many people that the odds of winning are slim. According to its website, there is a prize awarded about every 10 minutes.

Is Publishers Clearing House real?

It’s rare to be able to enter to win cash prizes with no purchase necessary, but Publishers Clearing House offers that opportunity. The company does have some merchandise and magazine subscription offers with customer perks, but buying products does not increase your chances of winning. While Publishers Clearing House is legitimate, it does send its subscribers lots of marketing communication, and the overall odds of winning large prizes are small.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

A few years ago I played around with the app of Publishers Clearing House playing the games and it would give free promotions to try a magazine for free! A magazine no a subscription of magazines! I drive a truck so last year while gone I was receiving these magazines in my mailbox three different kinds of magazines! So I tried to find a phone number and on a envelope I found they were trying to bill me but there's no number to call only a email to customer service! You send a email and they get back to you and this is how I had to communicate. I explained I did not order these and I wanted it stopped. Customer service said they would cancel this and take care of this. For about two months no magazines and then all of a sudden am getting them again. Am really tired of this and need new avenues to take!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I cannot believe some of you people. You think you can sue them because you do not win? First no one forces you to play their games or enter the contest. Have you even looked at the odds? It is like 3 billion to one that you get chosen. They say in writing that to make a purchase will not improve your odds of winning. So if you buy anything that is on you. I play all the time, for fun! Sure if I could win would be great, but I do not get my hopes up. Get real people.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Publishers Clearing House is a scam. They send me bills for products that I have NOT ordered. These Devils will then ruin your credit over unpaid bills for junk you haven’t ordered. Call they be stopped!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I am going to be contacting an attorney due to the experience I have had with PCH and the $7000 a week for life. I entered the sweepstakes under the contest rules of “no purchase to win” and I have been contacted daily since with emails stating that I still need to finalize my entry by completing the last step. That last step is a purchase of junk merchandise. This is all very misleading and not what they have advertised to the public. All in all, it is fraud. I will get the advice of an attorney and see what happens. And going forward, I won’t ever deal with PCH again.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have been a customer and sweepstakes player of PCH for 13 years now since 2007 and I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with their delivery services on getting your item or product to you after it's ordered. It has taken me almost two months to get products delivered to me. I know with covid it takes a little longer but pch has always been slower than most places I've ordered items from like up to three to four weeks more and their sweepstakes is a hassle to try to submit a entry. You have to scroll through several pages of items and products they market online to finally get to the submit button and I have entered numerous entries. I would say a good couple hundreds of thousands of entries since 2007 and never won a thing. I think it's just a way to keep you playing. You think a person would win something since that time.

Original review: July 2, 2020

This company is the definition of a scam artist in the purest sense because they have honed their craft. They push the limits of legality through deceptive and misleading emails that ultimately connive their way into convincing you to buy dollar store products at ridiculously inflated prices---they also convince you that purchase isn't necessary but keep buying to increase your chances of course. They prey on the elderly which is why I'm here. A family member nearly drained her savings for this company because they relentlessly bombard people with cleverly worded emails with "fun" illustrations that make it seem like they've already won something.

People that defend them by saying they are a legitimate company have been sucked into this carefully laid trap that winning millions is one click (and purchase) away. They even set the hook by letting people win a very small cash prize initially to keep them coming back and buying. Their email promotions are downright disgusting because they clearly have a legal team that has advised them how to word things to be as deceptive as possible yet still be "legal". Yes, this company is "real" but so were snake oil salesmen. Scams come in all forms.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Order Number: **

Status:Paid

Date:06-10-2020

Called today to ascertain where it is-per tracking number is waiting to go to USPS. As usual have paid high shipping costs to still be waiting. CS person, Ann, hung up on me when discussing situation. I have only used mailed products during pandemic, all come soon except PCH which has always been about a month to 1.5 months while they say should arrive in 2 wks. PCH tried to use excuse of pandemic however, everyone else seems to be able to get products to people much quicker. After ordering several products, they want your money immediately and too long to ship, product quality is usually disappointing. DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY ESPECIALLY IF A CS SUPERVISOR HANGS UP ON CALLER WHO IS DISSATISFIED AND TRYING TO FIND SOLUTION.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Only after relentless emails and promotions nonstop I ordered some flower bulbs. They took forever to arrive and did not bloom. I paid my bill by check and still got put in collections. I tried to pay online. That is impossible. There is no phone number to call. It is impossible to speak with somebody. Do not do business with Publishers Clearing House. They should be taken out of the marketplace.

Original review: June 22, 2020

This compaNY IS FAKE! I registered because they said for a raffle to win something and then once I am there they made me choose some product and I looked at it, some has price, some don't so I choose the one that don't have price just to be in raffle draw because you need to pick like 2 product for your entry. If I know that it was a tricky way of them getting your money I will never get the ugly country clock and a plastic plate for about more than 30 dollars each so I have bill for over 71 dollars just for the plastic plates and plastic clock.

I just know it after weeks they send me bill that I need to pay I was shocked. I don't know that it was this amount they don't showed the price when I pick it just to have entry. And I just ignore it because I was upset. I shouldn't believe this scam. They report me to credit union because I don't pay them. If I knew that it was this price I don't think I will do it. THIS IS TOTALLY A SCAM. NEVER EVER TRUST THIS COMPANY! They are sneaky and will trick you just to get money from you by using this kind of scam sweepstakes. If I can give zero I would. This time now I suffer for pandemic and they scamming people.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Hands down this is the worst website I've ever had the displeasure of visiting. It's extremely slow and has severe lag. Even after turning off ad block it constantly tries disconnecting my internet. Awful.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information