1.32/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

1720 Publishers Clearing House Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

I received an email saying I won $1,850,000.00 US dollars in their 2018 PCH giveaway and to send my details to them. This isn't the first time they sent me an email saying I won. I just never responded because I think it's fake and don't want to give out my information online. It would be nice to know that it was real and to have that kind of money or even have cause I've been playing for a while and still haven't received anything in the mail not even a phone call. I can't even get a happy birthday email. Shaking my head.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Ordered HGTV/House Beautiful magazine through Publishers Clearing House on Mar 8, 2018. It was for 20 issues at $25.96. I paid Publishers Clearing House via check when I received the bill on Mar 28 '18. To date, (3 1/2 months later) I have not received a single issue. Just got off the phone with Publishers Clearing House and talked with an agent (who seemed and sounded bewildered). My account shows paid in full but she could not explain to me why I have never received a single issue. She put me on hold for several minutes and then came back and gave me no explanation still as to why I have not received any issues. She said maybe the magazine only comes out once in a while... duh, it is monthly.

I then asked for a refund of my $25.96. She said okay, it takes 24 to 48 hours for the cancellation to go through and it will take 2 to 3 weeks before I can be issued the refund. My advice is not to "ever" purchase a magazine subscription through Publishers Clearing House due to their obviously lousy inefficient processing of magazine subscriptions! Better to order directly from the actual magazine itself rather than through Publishers Clearing House. I am publishing this review because ordering through Publishers Clearing House for magazine subscriptions is probably not a good idea. Their customer service is lousy!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I make payments every month soon as I can. I also only get paid once a month. What do they think I am. I surely don't have a million dollars. I even pay more than what I'm to pay every month. They called me on June 6th 2018 and I made a higher payment than I had to. I was also promised that I would not be called again. But they call me 5 days later again. I was so upset that I was partly mad but crying. Doing this to me it affected my bipolar that I wished that I was dead. Because it's like who cares and keeps their word?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I've been playing Publishers Clearing House for 5 years and I still haven't won the sweepstakes and a downfall is I've been in this for a long time and I still haven't won anything but five bucks here. In there it says make we can make your dream come true but the sad part about all that is about time they make your dreams come true you pretty much have been real real old and that's not fair. It shouldn't take 10 years or longer than that just to win a sweepstakes.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I stayed up playing the game Keno for 24 hours and won it. I got a email from Publishers Clearing House saying that I won and I would get 400 dollars in 3 to 4 weeks but now they are saying that I violated the rules. They block me and won't pay me the money that I won. They won't tell me how and what rules that I violated. I work my butt off getting to 180 lifetime tokens and now I have been blocked. I can't even think of any rules that I violated. I won fair and square and they won't even pay me for what I won. Don't waste your time playing their games because they are nothing but liars. I'm disabled and the 400 dollars was going to help a lot and it got my hopes up for nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have felt many times no one wins these but about 15 years ago they actually came to my parents’ home and my father answered the door. When I came home he told me they had come to ask for the address of the person who won in our small town in central IL. Then about a year later they did the same thing looking for another winner when it was just me at home. It does happen, just not very often to most people, just like the lotto.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Ok does anyone ever win? How the hell can they say you've won when in reality they are lying and deceiving the public!!! How does this happen without having to pay out something? Why can they send out emails and letters saying you've won and not have to pay out anything? I wanna know would a lawyer be able to sue them for deceive and tricking you to open email saying you win? I would like an attorney to shed light on this. Can you tie them up in court. Is there a legal way to "stick it" to Publishers Clearing House???

Original review: May 25, 2018

I play game after game after game - WIN ZILCH. Good examples are the horse race & the car race - never finished higher than 4th place no matter what horse, or what car I choose. Never win any big money, & very little small money. Won $5 one time. Won $10 one time. I don’t even know how I won. What good are tokens? I have submitted over 10 million tokens and never won diddly-squat!

The latest winners for the token entries all seemed to begin with the name Paul. Check it out these 05/23-24 Winners: Paul ** $75 Omaha Steaks; Tara ** $100 Walmart Gift Card; Nancy ** Canon EOS Rebel Digital SLR Camera; Paul ** $75 Omaha Steaks; Paula ** Hamilton Beach Wave crusher blender. Could have been a misprint. Paul ** won $75 Omaha Steaks on 5/23 AND 5/24. WOW! What Luck! Bottom line - I’ll probably quit this soon, as nobody is exactly twisting my arm to play; however, they sure make the prizes sound phenomenal. We all want to ride that rainbow to the pot of gold. I’ll even take a fancy coffee pot. Maybe I’ll change my name to Paul ** or Pauline ** or something like that. Good Luck Y'all.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought a Toucan automatic can opener. The first time I used it the start button fell into the machine. I contacted Publishers Clearing House to get a refund. They instructed me to return the $14.96 product at my cost for a refund. I packed it and brought it to the USPS who wanted $10.32 postage to return it. With no assurance that they would refund my money, I chose not to waste more of my hard earned cash. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

So I decided to give their app a try, and astonishingly, I actually won. Just $5 on the wheel spin for a newly acquired gold member, but it was like I was getting a tiny refund for the time and money I gave them in the past. I tried to claim it and I was brought to a nearly blank page. I tried to back out of the page and it told me I could claim it later, but when I went back to the app, there was no option to claim my reward, let alone prove that I even won anything.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I've been buying and submitting my chances for over 18 YEARS now and have NEVER WON ONCE, I see that people have won a least 10 or 25 in gift cards, but in all the time and money I have put into this, not once have gotten something in returned. The products they sell are OK, but very high price as if you buy them from the store itself. They give you free stuff IF you pay for the shipping which is 10 times more expensive that the product itself. I hate to see their emails or paper mail saying that I am a winner and that just need to confirm my address and so on. So many times got excited thinking... this is the time, but nothing. All is advertising for me to buy their products :(. Very sad to see a company give hope to people that would love to be a winner some day!!! Is not fair to received a mail saying YOU ARE A WINNER with a note inside saying, send this back for a chance to WIN!!! WHICH YOU NEVER DO :(!

Original review: May 21, 2018

After trying to enter a far fetched idea of perhaps winning a dollar or two, signed with PCH on 3-17-2018. Numerous emails from them and associated, to a total of 312 to this date of 5-21-2018. Would not want to count the time invested to read and see all of them, and realize that they are in business to sell, but do think that it is a scam. Do you know of anyone that has won? REALLY.

Original review: May 13, 2018

PCH is total garbage. They have longer odds of winning than lottery odds. Also, they send you reminders to play their games constantly to your email. They want you to play all day long the hundreds of games they have of which you can never win. I won once on PCH search after playing for years and they send me a message saying that they would not pay me. They accused me of using a bot or something when I was just searching from site to site through their portal. PCH sucks hard.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have read other reviews of Publishers Clearing House. I bought some of their products 2-3 years ago. I got the products. They were ok. I have never had any problems since then. Their website is a little confusing but overall my experience with them was ok. I was never charged for anything I did not buy. I have just read so many many negative reviews. If I saw something I liked I would probably buy it. Hopefully they will try to improve their customer service and address the complaints.

Original review: May 8, 2018

First of all they do not give you payment options. They want all of their money. Second of all their items are not worth the money and shipping is not fair. 3rd when I return an item it never shows up on their end and I’m out of the postage for returning it and the money that I put into it for the garbage they send you. I will not ever buy from them again. They have a terrible practice to make you think you're going to get something great and you really just have a big bill that they want all at once. They are not giving you anything. They just keep taking. They also charged me $15.00 on shipping for coins that came as regular postage... Then they wanted all of the money or I will be charged a late fee of $4.50 if not paid in full. This is BS.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I just started playing and entering this year to hopefully win money to help my sister. I have learned through reading these comments that PCH is a scam. The winning number draw date changes. Items purchased do not arrive. I have spent too much money and plan to just drop this whole site. It is a shame that even I, the most skeptical person in the world, fell for this. Desperate people do stupid things, I guess.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I want PCH to explain why no one living in mobile homes or apartments are never shown as winners? Always nice homes! Also...why are the majority "winners" primarily on the East Coast? Looked up weekly winners... I saw two! After years of weekly games. Are the winners big winners or say, $100,000. You can't see the checks. Something smells! I too, am one of those players who play every day and have for years. Ziltch! Nada! Shame on PCH!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have been playing PCH games for over 2 years now. I won a 5 dollar Amazon gift card once as a result of a player level increase. And it worked. I just had to claim it at Amazon. Never anything else as a result of thousands of hours on the site. I will not order again after receiving two items of very inferior quality. One, a medical bracelet that caused my skin to blister and rupture. I have never had a reaction to metals before but this one had something very reactive in it! And a birdhouse that fell apart a few months after purchase. I tried to find the info on these two orders, but it has been long enough since they were placed that I could not find the numbers or receipts for them.

My main reason for writing this review is to comment on the awful practice they have of running endless pharmaceutical commercials back to back and over and over and over again. I am sure that the companies pay PCH mega bucks to run these ads for medications that they warn are addictive, but then, they run them many times over, and many of them last 2 minutes or more. They do after all have to have time to tell you everything that can go wrong if you take them! I have watched so many hours of these pusher commercials that I have sworn off ever buying anything from the companies they represent or PCH! No one should push drugs like that! But then you are apparently willing to overlook what is right when you are being paid so much to do so I guess.

At least give us the opportunity to skip listening to these pushers over and over again! And, yes, I do turn down the sound. I still get tired of watching these sleepy, or happy, slow motion actors over and over again when I know that the majority of the commercial is all the while droning on about what can go wrong if you take it! At the same time asking you to ask your doctor for it! Don't you make enough money without being in the pocket of pharmaceutical companies? SHAME ON YOU PCH!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I am so done with PCH. From now their e-mails will be going in the spam folder. The whole thing is fixed. My opinion is that whoever works for PCH it's their family members that are the ones winning. I put in for things with my tokens and get nothing. I'm done with PCH for good because nobody is ever going to win. It's all FIXED.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I'd been playing thru the PCH app, after playing on it for several months, gaining tons of tokens, I was hoping to win 7000 a week for life, I decided to Like the PCH Facebook page, I received tons of emails about winning different prizes... Well after liked the Facebook page, Clifton ** added me, his profile showed to be with the PCH team, so I accepted, one other added me but I can't remember his name. They said I attracted to win 3,500,000,000.00 USD dollars plus a Mercedes, they asked for my info address, phone, my d.o.b., my mom's full legal name, my dad's same info, I then before giving anymore info, I questioned why? They said a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, I clicked to report all of them to Facebook scam. That was that. What went from hopeful turned to sad disappointment. I felt like they were pressing information that was unnecessary.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I agree with the other reviews. I do not believe anyone truly wins. My grandmother played, my mother played and probably still does and I have been playing since back when it was paper entries that came in the mail and you had mail them back, with your order of course. Most of my family has played forever and believe me, we have a large family, you think someone would have at least won one of the hundred dollar prizes by now if this was legit. But it's a good way to waste an afternoon when it's not good weather to be outside or you're unable to do anything else, just for fun and no use of brain cells.

I doubt the legitimacy of the "winners list" but if you don't play you won't ever win if there is a real possibility. Hahahah. It's like any other game people choose to play to pass time, just something to do. If your hopes are up that you will be the big winner you are likely to be disappointed daily. But if you do it for fun with no expectations there are lot of different games to play to occupy you for hours.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I agree with the other consumer, I play every damn day and all I ever win is tokens. I also find it very hard to believe that out of at least 20 or scratch offs and other games that I play every day that I still haven't won a single cent, I mean even playing regular lottery games you can at least win a dollar or two. This never lets you win anything, and I don't believe them when they advertise that others have won, they must work for them!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've used millions of tokens that I've gotten and have never won anything with PCH's token exchange program for prizes. I'd like to know if anyone has ever won anything using tokens. I find it odd that I can spend a million tokens on one prize yet have never won that prize or any of the other prizes. I wrote them about the situation and did not receive a response. Do they make up the names of winners on their website? (It's always a first name and last initial only.) Who checks these things? Is the token prize drawing a hoax with made-believe names?

Updated on 05/14/2018: I realize the odds are slim but more transparency would be nice. For example, it states that the prizes offered may be offered in other promotions. I would like to know where else the prize for an Amazon gift card is offered. How many different promotions? Just how bad are the odds for any given prize on the token exchange program. (I'm skeptical that anyone ever wins using tokens.)

I did win $10.00 from PCH a month or so ago. I'm not sure whether to cash it in or frame it. The prize never stated what contest I entered to win this windfall. I read somewhere that to win a big prize the odds are 1 in 2 billion. Are those the same odds to win an Amazon gift card using tokens? The rules need to be clearer on just how bad these odds are. That way the consumers know that playing these games is just for fun and people rarely win anything. This is not only true of the token games, it's true of the searches, scratch offs, lotto, slots, blackjack, instant wins, mail-in promotions, etc. What good are tokens when so few people (if anyone) win? Why not let consumers use tokens for discounts on your products? If you are not going to award prizes with the tokens, give them some other value so people don't feel like they are completely wasting their time -- which is exactly what is happening now.

Original review: April 17, 2018

If you have nothing better to do, then PCH is a good way to waste your time. I have played periodically for several years, but haven't ever won anything. The games and sweepstakes get too repetitious after awhile. Everything about PCH is clearly rigged, and your chances of even winning giveaways with your tokens just doesn't happen. I was once determined to win with over millions of tokens, but after attempting to redeem most of my tokens for certain giveaways and not getting a thing, I quickly realized that my time would be better spent going to the casino. Sure, it costs money, but your odds of winning are almost guaranteed to happen compared to PCH's odds.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I ordered a solar lighthouse by mail from a PCH flyer that I received by mail. The flyer stated that I could purchase it for four payments of $4.99 each. When I received my bill, almost $8 had been added for shipping and handling, which was mentioned nowhere in the flyer. It was a bait and switch. I notified PCH by email of their error. They said that I ordered it online, which I didn't, and the S&H was disclosed online. It was an outright lie. They finally made a correction "for this one time only" as if I was mistaken, which I wasn't. PCH obviously scams clients into paying more for an advertised product. I feel that many clients are taken advantage of, especially the elderly.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Regarding everyone whom complained about the instant wins, you're correct, the games are rigged. Read the rules to the games, instant win, scratch offs, etc. Even though the games are called "Instant" "Wins" there is nothing instant nor winnable about them. Only on certain dates and a split second on those days does PCH allows a win. Scratch offs for example. It's April yet the scratch off rules states no one playing the scratch offs will win a money prize until June when the timer lets the system know to let one person win that day. That means until then no one will win anything except tokens and only for a split second on the winning dates. These games are not set by chance as the law requires. PCH should get rid of these games or change the names seeing as it's false advertising and illegal.

Original review: April 9, 2018

PCH is a ripoff. The instant win games are a joke. Tokens are the only thing they allow you to "win". Not once have I won as much as a dollar! I can go up street and buy a real lottery ticket and have actually won some money. Can't win anything from PCH! Every day I get "urgent" email from them stating that I am close to winning, which is a lie! I've been playing along for years but now I've had enough. Everyone should contact the BBB, describe your experiences on Twitter, Facebook and everywhere else to expose these frauds! PCH is a huge waste of time!

Original review: April 8, 2018

When I playing on 4 different games, but I just found out two of type games are fake which never wins it all. Also "error message tech" means that you will NOT win something like $3,000.00 or $5,000.00 game card. Beware that ads banner came on with MALWARE and VIRUS file itself upload to your PC. Just use the Ad blocker. Stay away that scam, malware, etc. It is true, PCH wants hurt your PC damaged. If you trying to win a 1 million dollar game with order, Just do skip the order nothing, they accept to earn the tokens that it all. As I order one at time and look up the item with price and search. Yes they all made from CHINA items. They look like $1.00 store items and PCH gives you rip off price like $11.99 each items but one thing "You pay shipping costing each one items $5.95." That not free shipping. Be warned. Dont spend too much your money.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I’m reviewing because I can’t understand how anyone with a full time job and family would have the time to complete the endless request to play every day. I own a business and it was ridiculous to try to keep up to it. Then it says it will end this date and then it keeps going for months. I had way over 10,000,000 tokens. Sunk them all into a few one of the gift certificates I wanted to win and got nothing. I never won a thing on any of the games. And once it landed on money and instead it gave me tokens. Really this company makes you sick of it and after 3 months of playing with no incentive, I quit. Not worth it to a productive human being with a family.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Recently ordered an item from PCH and anxiously looked forward to it. When I checked out they informed me that a "FREE" item was added to this order. Great! I actually "won" something--right? Wrong. The shipping and handling was enormous. When the items arrived the free cutlery was cheaply and dangerously "Made In China" and was not worth the almost $10.00 I paid to receive it! My entire bill came to $32.96 and the website said "Billable in Four (4) Easy Payments." I went on the website and guess what? There is NO OPTION online to pay in installments. So, I wrote PCH to ask why/how? I was advised by the CSR "You can't do installments online. You have to call in to do that." I've called to make my payments and now I only have one left to finish off.

Here's the rub: Even after I made payment by phone with the CSR I received an email with big block letters "We hope you're enjoying your PCS products. Please PAY YOUR BILL NOW!" What the what? This was a few days [after] I'd already paid and the money taken out of my account. I said all that to say I will never enter another PCH contest. I will never buy another product from them. Most of the stuff they offer can be purchased from other vendors--online as well as offline. They overcharge for the products and they sting the consumer with ridiculous shipping and handling fees. The "FREE" products they toss in are junk.

I will no longer accept emails or snail mail from them. Instead? Find their products in "As Seen on TV" displays where you shop regularly. The other options are second-hand stores and dollar stores. Do your due diligence and stop allowing them to bait and switch you. Note: Their magazine offers are a trick bag. The fine print tells the customer that after the initial "low rate" period the price for the magazines will go up to the regular price "using the method of payment of record." In other words--the customer is going to be billed much more than what was originally advertised by PCH. Never again, folks. Not under any circumstance will I do business with this company.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information