1.39/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

1858 Publishers Clearing House Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I'm an active sweepstaker. I enter on lots of sites other than PCH. I'm aware of reading rules, gimmicky advertising, spam, and the fact that a purchase will NEVER increase your odds of winning. I love PCH. If you play often you increase your odds. I play on the website, mobile site, PCH app, PCH Lotto App, and participate on Inside PCH live show on their Facebook page. Yes I give up a lot of time but this is my hobby and favorite thing to do. I've won lots of prizes on other sites over the years from small to large like trips. I started PCH spring of 2018. I claimed $2460 in winnings to the IRS. Those winnings came from Inside PCH, being top token earner, searching on their search engine and on a spin after moving up a level.

THIS year...I've won $1559 so far on Inside PCH -- I was the 10th caller, top token earner and a surprise $10 for who knows what. Yes I put in a lot of time, energy, internet data, spam (I have a dedicated account just for sweepstakes spam and I enter every spam email I get from PCH to generate more entry numbers). That's the game. Increase your odds or maybe just get lucky. I increase my odds. I've been in some of their YouTube videos as a winner. I'm not paid to talk nicely about them but I can't ever get upset when these wins pay for my kids sports and school expenses. Of course a job would pay more for the time I spend on PCH but like I said, this is a hobby and as a stay at home mom it's the most convenient way to contribute to my family while multitasking and have fun and try for the big ones.

I've learned some tips to be more efficient. I use my keyboard home and end page buttons to skip over order pages. I accidentally ordered once. I called customer service and had it cancelled with no problems. If I'm going for top token earner, I make sure not to miss any bonus plays. I do the Sweepstakes and Instant Win tabs first on the site and do the bonus play after every 5 games. I'm in 2nd place today but I've won twice before so it's possible just time consuming. Sorry for the long post, I can go on forever with tips and my experience. Overall, yes the marketing and spam suck, but the wins are possible if you put in the work or get lucky. I stay positive and persistent because even the losing entries are important. They make it possible for someone else to win because they generate an entry number. I love to see people win even if not me because I know my time will come. Good luck all--$5000 a week for life awarded soon.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I've been reading some of the reviews and wanted to say that you DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING to better your chances of winning. PCH states on its home page that ordering a product will not increase your chances to win. They list the ads in order to be a free to play website. It is not fake. I won twice. Even though I only won $5 and $10 Amazon cards, I did win something for my time. PCH IS FREE TO PLAY and that's good enough for me. All that they require is your time.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Member since 2012 and won $10 and first ever review. My token balance will be 600 million this month but I took long breaks. I tell myself I'm gonna play every day and see how long I can keep it up. It takes me easily 8 hours to get through the mobile, app, pc, and email and I love the thought of winning but gets very tiring and my disabilities mess me over but I have nothing else to do so why not. For hereon out this is my promise that I am going to make it my routine.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been a member since 2015 and have won 10.00 dollars. Awarded in a check by mail. I was warned by all the warnings about the odds of winning a grand prize. So I'm not expecting anything less than if I was playing the lotto. We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10.00 dollars on playing games and watching ads, without me spending any money. And I do not expect much more.

The odds are against you for any winnings and they have the warnings everywhere. So to get upset or pissed off because you don't win is pointless. As for the ads, how do you think they make the money to pay the winners and as for the freezing problems it is their software or hardware trying to keep up with so many people trying to win a grand prize to support their dreams. But in the end I do believe they have many winners and people's lives changed forever.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I just want to say I've read a lot of your reviews and I can understand people being upset over money they've spent and lost throughout the years, but on that note in Publishers Clearing House's defense if you're one of those people like me who actually takes the time to read the small print before just sending off my hard earned money to everything. They clearly state buying things from them does not increase your odds of winning. Your odds are just the same as someone like me who never purchases anything. I just submit for my chance to win, take a few surveys and go on about my day. I know the odds of me winning will probably never happen, but it's worth a shot to try. If you are tired of wasting your money then stop sending it. You're not doing yourself any good. Hope this helps someone out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have been with Publishers Clearing House since 2017. I have ordered merchandise and I like the return policy, the hook is when they charge you for shipping and handling and $4.50 late fee. I returned some items because I was not satisfied with the merchandise and any credit from them was added to other orders separated per credit, and then charged the late fee and keeping the money that was supposed to go on the last older order like they promote.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

PCH sweepstakes. In order to submit your entry you are prompted to enter personal information. I get that, and the “no purchase necessary" routine but I am now besieged with phone calls on numerous products and when you request your number be removed they hang up and another sequence of numbers ends up on your phone. The real problem is that the area code is in my region and waiting for a return call from my doctor's office when these calls come forces me to answer and the process never ends just like my chances of winning anything. This is why I hesitated entering the PCH contest and YES, I read the rules and the fine print. Good luck to those of you that play their game.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

They just want you to buy crap and more crap. And they flood your email with more crap on an almost hourly basis. I am just tired in trying to play their stupid games. I am just gonna block them and then return the crappy things that bought.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I would advise that you NEVER open ANY Emails from these jagoffs. I did, sadly and as a result I was BOMBARDED with annoying SCAM, FAKE "Award" notices and at the end of the day, billed $30 for something I did not actually order but, rather only looked at!! I paid it because, they sent the mop but, I NEVER ORDERED IT and I just don't have the time to be going back and forth with them over $30. But they're AWFUL people and crooks and other bad thing you can think of.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Been with PCH since 1989. I used to place many orders thinking in my silly mind that one day I will be a lucky winner. Well we are now in the year 2019, yes 30 years since and never won a single thing from them. It doesn't pay to be a loyal customer. Honestly I gave up after many years of participating and being loyal. It became a disappointed to see others who been with PCH less than me win. I no longer read nor order anything I get in mail from this company, all goes to the trash. I lost so much money to wish I now highly regret. People seem to forget this is a one in a million winner chosen winner. What I find most amazing is how they write almost making it look or sound like you're the next winner up. Waste of time, no more for me.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information