1.6/5 (1212 ratings)

About Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Pros

• Daily sweepstakes
  • Friendly service
  • Free to enter

Cons

• Marketing overload
  • Slim odds

Bottom Line

Publishers Clearing House is a company that offers low-stakes daily sweepstakes prizes. There’s no purchase necessary to win, but the odds of winning are small and playing results in frequent email and mail offers.

Top Publishers Clearing House Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been the top token earner on the KENO contest held every day several times… since then I have won $400 three times, $500 twice and $10 because I hit a cash prize instead of...

Verified

We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10....

What is Publishers Clearing House?

Publishers Clearing House is a sweepstakes and marketing company. Since it was founded, Publishers Clearing House has awarded more than $483 million in prizes.

The company awards between $3 million to more than $13 million in prizes annually, and at least $10,000 in major prizes are awarded each month. The SuperPrizes that range from $1 million to $10 million are awarded at least three times per year. In addition to cash prizes, the company awards winning entrants with cars, computers, gift cards and more.

How does Publishers Clearing House work?

You can enter to win Publishers Clearing House contests online, by phone and by mail. You can play games and enter the sweepstakes online through mobile devices, tablets or desktop computers. The company’s suite of digital properties receives more than 5 million daily visits and around 2 billion monthly page views. According to the company, someone wins a prize every 10 minutes, and you can enter to win daily.

Entrants must be 18 years or older, and no purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize in any amount. Players who choose to purchase magazine subscriptions or merchandise do not receive an advantage over those who do not make a purchase. Shopper benefits include installment pricing, special offers, frequent discounts and a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy.

Is Publishers Clearing House free?

Publishers Clearing House does not charge its players to enter sweepstakes or play games, and there is no fee to collect a prize. You can purchase a variety of products and merchandise that range in price, however.

If a company contacts you claiming to be Publishers Clearing House and requesting money to claim a prize, it is most likely a scam.

Publishers Clearing House FAQ

How does Publishers Clearing House notify winners?
Publishers Clearing House awards prizes throughout the year. Major prize award winners and SuperPrize winners are notified in person by the company’s Prize Patrol, while runner-up winners are notified by overnight express carrier or email.
What happens if you win Publishers Clearing House and you’re not home?
The Prize Patrol will locate its winners at home, at the office or even on vacation. The team once waited for an entire weekend for a winner to return home.
Where does Publishers Clearing House money come from?
Prizes awarded by Publishers Clearing House are funded by company revenue earned from merchandise and magazine offers. No purchase is necessary to enter to win.
Does anybody really win Publishers Clearing House?
Yes. The sweepstakes is legitimate, but the big prizes are sought by so many people that the odds of winning are slim. According to its website, there is a prize awarded about every 10 minutes.

Is Publishers Clearing House real?

It’s rare to be able to enter to win cash prizes with no purchase necessary, but Publishers Clearing House offers that opportunity. The company does have some merchandise and magazine subscription offers with customer perks, but buying products does not increase your chances of winning. While Publishers Clearing House is legitimate, it does send its subscribers lots of marketing communication, and the overall odds of winning large prizes are small.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: May 27, 2022

9 Months entries 10 -12 hours per day. As of 05/27/2022 on my PCH account login Token Activity Current Balance: 252,815,640. PCH - PCH Rewards Welcome Tokens+30,000. I received only a $10.00 check for all these works I deserved justice and to get paid as a Citizen in this country nothing is for free and no one is above the law. They are acting just like Donald Trump's businesses no one can touch them because they all are over the word, "It is a Mafia Business".

Original review: May 2, 2022

Been playing Publishers clearing house contests for over 40 years. Never WON anything ever. Ended up with magazine subscriptions and cheap products that they charge more than double for. Plus it takes a month to receive product on average. Also many items fell apart. Ordered some peanut brittle, You get a small tin can with about 5 oz's for $20.00. Same product at a local store for $5.00. Been playing the games and contests for years online. Racked up over 250 million tokens that were applied to cars and other items. 250 million and NEVER WON A SINGLE ITEM. Oh all that time earning tokens. You do not get them back once entered. They are also have 0 value and can not be cashed in.

On the entry pages, they post all this money you COULD win. $5000/$7000 a week for life. Then take you to the order page's, usually 6, you have to look at. Their statement at the end "an order would be appreciated." By the way their favorite word "COULD WIN". So if you have a lot of time on your hands and earning worthless tokens, watch countess ads, and never win anything, this is the place to be. Do not expect to win anything. Because you will NOT. This is the biggest waste of time anyone could ever do.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

They will send you emails to claim a prize number and all that does is redirect you to a website to buy life insurance or other products. All their emails are just fake links to trick you into signing up for services like insurance. If you enter once, just block their emails after.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

After years of VIP playing status I closed this account because of Numerous spam emails, site pop-up sponsor redirects that Were Not selected. Final straw: phone virus alert after redirect to one of their sponsored sites that was not even selected. My Phone call to their customer service went to offshore call center. Also unsatisfied with quality of orders received. DONE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Been a customer for about 11 years. Haven't won anything yet. I haven't seen no discount for the customers that spends so much time on the phone trying to win the product, I stop playing because I think it's a scam.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

So I've only been on PCH about 6 months and haven't won anything. I don't mind the email reminders to go online and finish lotto, sweeps, scratch-offs etc. I've placed a few orders because the markdowns were so low, however, their S&H prices are absolutely outrageous. Nowadays when I go online to play I'm very, very careful that my "cart is empty" before I hit the Continue button. You can image my surprise when I get a random email the other day stating they are processing my order. What just happened? Where did this come from? I emailed support with my customer number and order number and although they weren't able to cancel the order due to "automated order processing" they did say I wouldn't be billed. They need a way for customers to log in and cancel their own orders just like almost EVERY OTHER SITE out there. If this happens again I'm most definitely closing my account.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I started with PCH about a year ago with low expectations. I wasn't disappointed. Along my PCH journey I was dumb enough to make 4 purchases (they repeatedly make you feel guilty if you don't). I kept it to low dollar items. The quality of the merchandise is so-so. I believe they make a good deal of money just on their shipping charges. I compared the items to what I would experience using Amazon Prime. Prime was not only cheaper on the item, shipping was free and I would have had the merchandise within a week.

PCH took almost a month with each item I bought. So, I'll likely reach Red Diamond status in a week or so, and I'm ashamed to say that with all of the inane ads I've been exposed to and all of buying pleas I've sailed through, I've not won one cent and believe that I ever will. PCH makes for a great time-wasting buddy that will keep you out of trouble (unless you gamble on games). Have you ever met anyone who has won anything on PCH? I didn't think so!!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Since playing the PCH games for a good while now, I have fun. I win tokens, I get to exchange those token for prizes, I’ve won several times, the checks are real. I’m kinda old school and the new games are not really my style. But, pch games are very cool to me. I like to gamble and that’s what pch games does for me. I’m like everyone else, I want to try to win big! But, if I don’t play the games I won’t get an entry to win. You never know what can happen? Who knows, it’s like the song says; “miracles can happen and it can happen to me.” That’s why I like playing the pch games….

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

For years I've entered the PCH sweepstakes and they always say you needn't buy anything in order to win. This year I tried once again and was advised via letter that I would receive my final documents for entry within two of receipt of said letter. The documents didn't arrive for another TEN days; this was AFTER the drawings were held. I felt compelled to write this review because this sort of behavior has been going on for years and someone has to say something. SHAME ON THEM!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I have been playing Publishers Clearing House for decades. Most recently, online. While I did make purchases earlier, I WONT EVER AGAIN. I know they say "purchase not required" but I felt SOMETHING was holding me back from even the tiniest prize. NOW, I have accumulated OVER >TWO HUNDRED MILLION TOKENS< and NOT WON the smallest prize NOR first CENT of money! Those who play regularly KNOW "Black Diamond" status (second highest!) is no small chore. I have "redeemed" ALL OF THOSE TOKENS and..nothing.

FIRST, to offer "Games" with ODDS HIGHER THAN the COMBINED POPULATIONS OF INDIA AND CHINA to ONE should be banned! It is a SCAM because I'm surmising they get "pay per click" funding and YOU MAKE THEM THE MONEY while NO REALISTIC Winning odds! Curious, I began to research "Winners" this I found: Here are ALL the OVER One Million dollar winners I could find - HAGMAN - 1MM; JONKER -1MM; MARSHALL -1MM; FEDER - 1MM; and FELDMAN{!} 2.5 MM! Check your Hollywood-similar name rosters and SEE if you can draw a conclusion!

Yes, others "win" smaller but NOT at this ratio! Check out the names of PCH hierarchy too. The Federal Trade Commission should investigate this, but, my guess, is they would be paid off too. Like so many of YOU, I am just an ordinary citizen and Disabled Veteran. Except for Lotteries and Sweepstakes, there is NO other path to wealth for Us. Jackpots are everyone's goal BUT NOT a SINGLE CENT with all that entry tells me something IS WRONG! There is ZERO TRANSPARENCY.

I have contacted PCH numerous times about Winning/Winners. HOW many times has someone played to Win? HAVE they won smaller prizes before? How many entries did they submit when they won a jackpot? DO long term players get beat out by new players when TV ads appear just days before final entry? ZERO RESPONSE! I NEVER ask for personal data either JUST FACTS! SO, continue to play if you wish but I think I'm done and going back to Mega Millions and Powerball where odds are ONLY 300 MM to 1!! I hope this saves some of you more grief and clarifies what I have been through!

Publishers Clearing House Company Information