2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have read SO many bad reviews and it was upsetting. PCH is real. I have won real money from them (nothing big yet, but I am sure I will soon). :) They post their odds online. You just have to play (A LOT). I have over 495 MILLION tokens and will have over a BILLION by the end of 2020. I AM IN IT TO WIN IT. When I have called customer service, they were nice and informative. I only gave them 4 out of 5 stars because, I have ordered 2 products from them that did not work or were broken.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I'm an active sweepstaker. I enter on lots of sites other than PCH. I'm aware of reading rules, gimmicky advertising, spam, and the fact that a purchase will NEVER increase your odds of winning. I love PCH. If you play often you increase your odds. I play on the website, mobile site, PCH app, PCH Lotto App, and participate on Inside PCH live show on their Facebook page. Yes I give up a lot of time but this is my hobby and favorite thing to do. I've won lots of prizes on other sites over the years from small to large like trips. I started PCH spring of 2018. I claimed $2460 in winnings to the IRS. Those winnings came from Inside PCH, being top token earner, searching on their search engine and on a spin after moving up a level.

THIS year...I've won $1559 so far on Inside PCH -- I was the 10th caller, top token earner and a surprise $10 for who knows what. Yes I put in a lot of time, energy, internet data, spam (I have a dedicated account just for sweepstakes spam and I enter every spam email I get from PCH to generate more entry numbers). That's the game. Increase your odds or maybe just get lucky. I increase my odds. I've been in some of their YouTube videos as a winner. I'm not paid to talk nicely about them but I can't ever get upset when these wins pay for my kids sports and school expenses. Of course a job would pay more for the time I spend on PCH but like I said, this is a hobby and as a stay at home mom it's the most convenient way to contribute to my family while multitasking and have fun and try for the big ones.

I've learned some tips to be more efficient. I use my keyboard home and end page buttons to skip over order pages. I accidentally ordered once. I called customer service and had it cancelled with no problems. If I'm going for top token earner, I make sure not to miss any bonus plays. I do the Sweepstakes and Instant Win tabs first on the site and do the bonus play after every 5 games. I'm in 2nd place today but I've won twice before so it's possible just time consuming. Sorry for the long post, I can go on forever with tips and my experience. Overall, yes the marketing and spam suck, but the wins are possible if you put in the work or get lucky. I stay positive and persistent because even the losing entries are important. They make it possible for someone else to win because they generate an entry number. I love to see people win even if not me because I know my time will come. Good luck all--$5000 a week for life awarded soon.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Member since 2012 and won $10 and first ever review. My token balance will be 600 million this month but I took long breaks. I tell myself I'm gonna play every day and see how long I can keep it up. It takes me easily 8 hours to get through the mobile, app, pc, and email and I love the thought of winning but gets very tiring and my disabilities mess me over but I have nothing else to do so why not. For hereon out this is my promise that I am going to make it my routine.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been a member since 2015 and have won 10.00 dollars. Awarded in a check by mail. I was warned by all the warnings about the odds of winning a grand prize. So I'm not expecting anything less than if I was playing the lotto. We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10.00 dollars on playing games and watching ads, without me spending any money. And I do not expect much more.

The odds are against you for any winnings and they have the warnings everywhere. So to get upset or pissed off because you don't win is pointless. As for the ads, how do you think they make the money to pay the winners and as for the freezing problems it is their software or hardware trying to keep up with so many people trying to win a grand prize to support their dreams. But in the end I do believe they have many winners and people's lives changed forever.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I just want to say I've read a lot of your reviews and I can understand people being upset over money they've spent and lost throughout the years, but on that note in Publishers Clearing House's defense if you're one of those people like me who actually takes the time to read the small print before just sending off my hard earned money to everything. They clearly state buying things from them does not increase your odds of winning. Your odds are just the same as someone like me who never purchases anything. I just submit for my chance to win, take a few surveys and go on about my day. I know the odds of me winning will probably never happen, but it's worth a shot to try. If you are tired of wasting your money then stop sending it. You're not doing yourself any good. Hope this helps someone out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I entered the advertised sweepstakes and have been bombarded with upsell offers, and worse, recurring incendiary and intimidating email follow-ups saying such things as my entry will be voided, or incomplete unless I buy more useless, overstock merchandise, most made in China btw.. PCH should be reprimanded for inappropriate and misleading advertising campaign... It's all a rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I am very close to a billion tokens. Though, I've never won a dime. I don't rely on PCH, as I find this gaming to be immoral at every level. However, I do trust God and the Universe to supply my every need. I call and play every day. What I don't appreciate is the mind games, ie: You could soon be very blessed, Retirement may be earlier than you think, Waiting on your response, From the desk of Executive with a name provided etc. I find it to be exceptionally disheartening to day the least. Never ever should this be deemed to be legitimate or acceptable. People's emotions are really high with the prospect of winning, very sad that they aren't taking any of this serious. Notifications such as the ones I've shared has people's emotions extremely high.

Restructuring of their practices should be carefully considered and revised. I play all the Sweepstakes and enter in every way possible, inclusive to the sweepstakes, I play Mahjongg ever single day keeping my own scores and I have never been on the list... And this is factually accurate that I score the highest every day. I should be in the Guinness book for breaking records. Hence, whoever is claiming to read these reviews are fake and lie too. Lastly, who are these individuals winning every 5 minutes???? I couldn't work for a company such as this with no laurels or integrity.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Publishers Clearing House is nothing but a scam. I have played the games the scratch offs and have entered most of the sweepstakes multiple times and use my tokens on a Amazon Fire stick almost 6 million of them and still haven't won a penny in prizes and sweepstakes. The only then I have gotten from these games and sweepstakes are sent to surveys and different sites to sell something to do someone that has no money that lives on Section 8 that has multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.

I was hoping to at least win something as many times have I played these games and as many tokens I have won. But from what I've seen on television and on the posts on the PCH website the only people who do when are the ones that are already financially privileged and have homes of their own and the ones that can look pretty on television and living with good health and don't have a care in the world so I'm assuming that's the only kind of people that are able to win anything off this bogus sweepstakes.

Publishers Clearing House should be ashamed of themselves for not allowing someone that has nothing to experience what it's like to have something in their life but I guess that's the direction this country is going under President Trump and take care of the rich and privileged and leave the common people and the sick and disabled in the gutter. This country it's supposed to be about equal opportunity but somewhere down the line those values have been forgotten.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

This is a scam, but should know better, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is too good. They should make it clear before you start what you have to do, not wait until you already entered part of your personal information. This process does not keep your customer as a priority, makes them feel like a token.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

You have to go through several ads. You will eventually get to a point that you have to "apply for auto insurance" or you can't go any farther. Shame on you Publishers Clearing House.. Do better at monitoring your site because it seems like a scam.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information