1.6/5 (1217 ratings)

About Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Pros

• Daily sweepstakes
  • Friendly service
  • Free to enter

Cons

• Marketing overload
  • Slim odds

Bottom Line

Publishers Clearing House is a company that offers low-stakes daily sweepstakes prizes. There’s no purchase necessary to win, but the odds of winning are small and playing results in frequent email and mail offers.

Top Publishers Clearing House Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been the top token earner on the KENO contest held every day several times… since then I have won $400 three times, $500 twice and $10 because I hit a cash prize instead of...

Verified

We play for the dreams, for the hopes, for the chances to change our lives and the people we hold dear. But it's still never promised to us. I'm shocked and blessed that I won 10....

What is Publishers Clearing House?

Publishers Clearing House is a sweepstakes and marketing company. Since it was founded, Publishers Clearing House has awarded more than $483 million in prizes.

The company awards between $3 million to more than $13 million in prizes annually, and at least $10,000 in major prizes are awarded each month. The SuperPrizes that range from $1 million to $10 million are awarded at least three times per year. In addition to cash prizes, the company awards winning entrants with cars, computers, gift cards and more.

How does Publishers Clearing House work?

You can enter to win Publishers Clearing House contests online, by phone and by mail. You can play games and enter the sweepstakes online through mobile devices, tablets or desktop computers. The company’s suite of digital properties receives more than 5 million daily visits and around 2 billion monthly page views. According to the company, someone wins a prize every 10 minutes, and you can enter to win daily.

Entrants must be 18 years or older, and no purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize in any amount. Players who choose to purchase magazine subscriptions or merchandise do not receive an advantage over those who do not make a purchase. Shopper benefits include installment pricing, special offers, frequent discounts and a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy.

Is Publishers Clearing House free?

Publishers Clearing House does not charge its players to enter sweepstakes or play games, and there is no fee to collect a prize. You can purchase a variety of products and merchandise that range in price, however.

If a company contacts you claiming to be Publishers Clearing House and requesting money to claim a prize, it is most likely a scam.

Publishers Clearing House FAQ

How does Publishers Clearing House notify winners?
Publishers Clearing House awards prizes throughout the year. Major prize award winners and SuperPrize winners are notified in person by the company’s Prize Patrol, while runner-up winners are notified by overnight express carrier or email.
What happens if you win Publishers Clearing House and you’re not home?
The Prize Patrol will locate its winners at home, at the office or even on vacation. The team once waited for an entire weekend for a winner to return home.
Where does Publishers Clearing House money come from?
Prizes awarded by Publishers Clearing House are funded by company revenue earned from merchandise and magazine offers. No purchase is necessary to enter to win.
Does anybody really win Publishers Clearing House?
Yes. The sweepstakes is legitimate, but the big prizes are sought by so many people that the odds of winning are slim. According to its website, there is a prize awarded about every 10 minutes.

Is Publishers Clearing House real?

It’s rare to be able to enter to win cash prizes with no purchase necessary, but Publishers Clearing House offers that opportunity. The company does have some merchandise and magazine subscription offers with customer perks, but buying products does not increase your chances of winning. While Publishers Clearing House is legitimate, it does send its subscribers lots of marketing communication, and the overall odds of winning large prizes are small.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

You Can Win: 400,006,535 tokens spent, thousands of other entries, Winnings $10. I have purchased a few times, interesting products but tend to be low cost and cheaply made. Good website that loads quickly. Kind of fun at times bu

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Play same games daily, once a month all my earned points are removed and my Elite VIP status is removed. When I contact PCH they give a boiler plate response to clear cookies or use different browser, but never address the issue! Been playing for 35 years, did win $100. but nothing else. So every month I contact PCH with no fix in sight, they open and close tickets when it doesn't go along with their boiler plated response. Sad, thought they legit!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I've been playing PCH a few years now. I have reached Red Diamond status and have put over 350 million in tokens for chances to win various prizes. I've played the slots many times it's fun and just a dream of winning. I know the odds are great and have never won a prize of any kind but I play every day before and after work sometimes in the hopes of winning someday!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

They're full of crap! I entered it for years and nothing comes to my door. They're a scam and a pieces of crap. I don't believe in them and all they want you for some reason and possibly they want your information.

Original review: May 27, 2022

9 Months entries 10 -12 hours per day. As of 05/27/2022 on my PCH account login Token Activity Current Balance: 252,815,640. PCH - PCH Rewards Welcome Tokens+30,000. I received only a $10.00 check for all these works I deserved justice and to get paid as a Citizen in this country nothing is for free and no one is above the law. They are acting just like Donald Trump's businesses no one can touch them because they all are over the word, "It is a Mafia Business".

Original review: May 2, 2022

Been playing Publishers clearing house contests for over 40 years. Never WON anything ever. Ended up with magazine subscriptions and cheap products that they charge more than double for. Plus it takes a month to receive product on average. Also many items fell apart. Ordered some peanut brittle, You get a small tin can with about 5 oz's for $20.00. Same product at a local store for $5.00. Been playing the games and contests for years online. Racked up over 250 million tokens that were applied to cars and other items. 250 million and NEVER WON A SINGLE ITEM. Oh all that time earning tokens. You do not get them back once entered. They are also have 0 value and can not be cashed in.

On the entry pages, they post all this money you COULD win. $5000/$7000 a week for life. Then take you to the order page's, usually 6, you have to look at. Their statement at the end "an order would be appreciated." By the way their favorite word "COULD WIN". So if you have a lot of time on your hands and earning worthless tokens, watch countess ads, and never win anything, this is the place to be. Do not expect to win anything. Because you will NOT. This is the biggest waste of time anyone could ever do.

Original review: March 9, 2022

They will send you emails to claim a prize number and all that does is redirect you to a website to buy life insurance or other products. All their emails are just fake links to trick you into signing up for services like insurance. If you enter once, just block their emails after.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

After years of VIP playing status I closed this account because of Numerous spam emails, site pop-up sponsor redirects that Were Not selected. Final straw: phone virus alert after redirect to one of their sponsored sites that was not even selected. My Phone call to their customer service went to offshore call center. Also unsatisfied with quality of orders received. DONE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Been a customer for about 11 years. Haven't won anything yet. I haven't seen no discount for the customers that spends so much time on the phone trying to win the product, I stop playing because I think it's a scam.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

So I've only been on PCH about 6 months and haven't won anything. I don't mind the email reminders to go online and finish lotto, sweeps, scratch-offs etc. I've placed a few orders because the markdowns were so low, however, their S&H prices are absolutely outrageous. Nowadays when I go online to play I'm very, very careful that my "cart is empty" before I hit the Continue button. You can image my surprise when I get a random email the other day stating they are processing my order. What just happened? Where did this come from? I emailed support with my customer number and order number and although they weren't able to cancel the order due to "automated order processing" they did say I wouldn't be billed. They need a way for customers to log in and cancel their own orders just like almost EVERY OTHER SITE out there. If this happens again I'm most definitely closing my account.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information