Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ordered some batteries. Received notice from PCH ordered had shipped but FedEx shows a request for number but not shipped as of today 11/29/2016. Extremely poor service. They are requesting payment long before receiving order.

PCH is FREE. No one has to enter or play it. Like any company, their computer system can mess up. I play it constantly and have for years. And I've never won a dime. But c'mon! Its FREE. People are complaining about not winning. It's like the state lotto. It's luck of the draw. And people do win. My daughter won $40k on one scratch off. She played for years. If anyone should complain, complain to the US government. They withheld $13k of it.

PCH, once you click on any link, forces you into a long cycle of buying options, from cheap consumer products to magazines. They rely on people making a purchase, even though they prominently advertise "no purchase required". They know you will think you need to buy anything to 'win.' They NEVER send anything you order... nothing, ever! For that reason alone, they are a true SCAM and do not deserve to be allowed to solicit, pester, annoy respondents who know no better. STAY CLEAR OF ANY AND ALL PCH emails, especially the ones that try to get you to download a PCH LOTTO game. They re-sell your email and will hound you for life; eventually making you feel you're so special, only to trick you back into buying and getting NOTHING!

Extreme mental harassment online and in mail. Never won anything despite claim after claim that I have!! I suffer from extreme depression and this b.s. about winning money is very enticing and alluring to me as I live day-to-day financially. It is an extreme come-on baited with false delusions only to get you to buy some of the crap that they sell. I don't believe anyone has ever won anything ever and am extremely sick and tired of their selling a sick poor old man false hope for a better life for me. Please leave me alone!!

They try and trick people to buy something. I entered their sweepstakes and kept getting emails saying I had to do more. All those emails contained items they wanted me to purchase. I NEVER even indicated I was going to buy anything yet I get an email saying my order for pearls was confirmed. They can take their pearls and shove ‘em. I never ordered anything!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

On Sept 17th I also entered when it came up saying I won $10,000 dollars. I showed my husband who also was excited when I received a email saying it was a mistake and that I was the only one to see my name, that it belonged to some guy in california. I still have the email and want my money which is the law. Not put in a drawing, how would we know if they actually did. Which I bet no one won.

I replied to PCH in response to a post card I received. Went to the actnow site, followed instructions, looked at 3 pages of junk merchandise and 2 pages of magazines I had no interest in. Click on submit only to receive a notice that the site did not exist. It seems PCH managed to leave a W off the WWW. How convenient.

On September 17 I received a message from Publishers Clearing Sweepstakes saying that I had won 10,000 Dollars!! Couple of hours later they said it was a mistake!! $10,000 mistake really?? Anybody involved in any kinda lawsuit or class action please email me I would like to be involved because I have been damaged!!

I was sent a postcard in the mail 3 days ago. I have tried to go to this web site for 3 days and it says this web site has been closed or is outdated. How can I get in this drawing if I can't put my activation code in?

They say that when you buy something that it is 4 payments of ______ whatever you buy but they don't do 4 payments of. They send you a bill for full payment. They have charged me late fees. As for giving away all that money every month isn't true. I think that it is time that the BBB investigates them. It is false advertisement on what they say on the TV and in their booklets that they send you.

On September 16, 2016 I got a notice from PCH on their website stating that I won $10,000.00. The next day I received an email informing me that they made an error. Then 3 days ago I got another notice stating that I was the VIP $30,000.00 winner. They again apologized for their error, informed me that this never happens and gave me a complimentary entry and 50,000 tokens. I have taken action, what PCH does is not okay. Email me if you want to be ADDED to my CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST PCH, **.

I also received notice of the $10,000.00 win and then was told it was not true, I was not a winner!!! But someone else was and I found this to be a disgusting human error... PCH should have owned up to their mistake and just paid everyone off!!! I've played for years and have watched every single ad faithfully that they tack on to each played game!!! What a fool I have been!!! What a fool we have all been for falling for their scams!

PCH gets rich off all us fools for watching those ads and we are the losers and wasting our valuable time!!! Most the time their games don't even work! And when you call Customer Service, they'll sit right there and lie to you!!! Their problems amount to hundreds per day and causes us to lose valuable time... After all of today's problems and their lies, I QUIT!!! NO more PCH for me anymore... It's over! I'm tired of being screwed and lied to by these people!!! I also believe that they discriminate against all APPLE devices and users!!! If you have an Apple device, God help you on PCH.com!!! Their server is worthless! Good riddance PCH!!!

Someone needs to investigate the PCH Token Leaderboard scam. It says you can win by being the high token earner for the day. I've played every possible game you can to earn tokens for this, but I never get close to the top. Take today, Oct 18 2016 for example. My token total for the day is 132,400. The leader so far today is 237,350. There's something wrong there.

I was playing games. It came across the screen "you just won 10,000 dollars". 5 hours later they sent an email saying I was the only one who seen my name. I was extremely excited. I was planning on getting a truck, but unfortunately I am not the only one that was lied to. I do Have the email they sent me.

On September 17th I was on PCH website playing games and my name came onscreen as a 10,000 dollar VIP winner. I was thrilled and couldn't believe I had won. Sure as I shouldn't have because PCH lied and have not and will not give me my prize money. I got the email offering 50,000 tokens. Ooooooh can they spare it? I want my $10,000. I want to start a class action against them. Anyone want to come in with me?

On or around Sept 17th Publishers Clearing House announced to me over the internet "congratulations to our newest $10,000 dollar winner Mickey ** of McCloud California". I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so excited I read the email over and over and over. Sure enough it was really from PCH Clearing House. This I told myself is a real and authentic PCH message and it was real from PCH. It was not from a scamming company but from PCH. Now you can just imagine how excited I became. I ran into my 33 yr old bedroom and woke her up with my excitement. I was so happy. I was crying cause this is a prayer answered. I could now catch up on my delinquent bills.

And within a few hour I say five or so hours later I was sent another message from PCH saying they made a mistake and a man from San Jose California was the real winner and that I was placed in a drawing five $10,000 dollars drawings a contest my name was placed into for their VIP. They left a number to call if I had any questions so of course I called only to be told that they made a mistake and it was basically my loss but tried to give me hope by adding my name in a drawing. I then called back after some time I was not a winner. And again admitted to their so called mistake that they were sure to never let happen again.

However I am not happy and I feel I have been judged and that I am not worthy of receiving the prize promised. I also believe that the majority of winners are on the east coast and the western coast is a rare event if a winner is picked over here. If one does the research they might find this to be true. I also believe that PCH false represented the money promised to me and others as well from the research I have done. I also believe that PCH still owes us our money and some for the embarrassment, deprivation of character, the mental anguished caused, and for the lies they told me and others. I believe there should be some kind of action taken on Publishers Clearing House for this otherwise PCH will continue to think they can treat people in this manner and it is not only wrong to treat us this way but false advertisement. Thank you.

This company called Publishers Clearing House has frauded me out of $100.00 or more of dollars. The customers services dept. sends you packages and orders that are wrong but yet in still they keep billing you for payment, and they put the payments on orders that you don't even ask for and not only that they charge your payment to a different order.

And they don't send you the order you requested for! One Customer Service Representative stated to me that I was not allowed to use their services at all to buy anything again. Because I was ** and they didn't care for my services. The customer service rep was very rude and incompetent. I have been playing for 4 years and having won anything I filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the ConsumerAffairs and I'm going on CNN News to let every know what a shady and low down bogus company this is and I'm suing this company for fraud and misrepresentation. This company is a complete SCAM, stealing people's money and selling a bunch of JUNK to elderly women. I'm a dying elderly woman with a rare brain disease, they should not be treating people.

Scam alert!! These people ask for money!! I was contacted by a person from phone # 876-434-4830. They say you have won a large amount of money and a car. They want you to pay 1% of the taxes by going to the nearest Walmart and sending cash to pay taxes and then you will get your check. They actually wait for you to get in your car and drive there. When you tell them you are there they proceed to talk to you as if you were a prostitute. Absolutely nasty!!! I hung up and called the sheriff. Fortunately I faked all of the driving, and didn't tell them where I lived. I hope others become aware of this.

I was so excited to find out I was a $10,000 winner on 9/17/16, only to have the winnings retracted 10 minutes later. I have played PCH faithfully and it was a great disappointment to find that your company chose someone else in an instant. I can only surmise from the error that I was lacking in some way. I no longer wish to associate with PCH or its affiliates. I am a disabled person who is going blind and the $10,000 prize would have been a great blessing to me and my family. Unfortunately, I have lost faith in other people because of this.

Please close my account with PCH and do not send me any more empty promises in the mail. I no longer believe that PCH is an honorable company. In all the time I played PCH and its "games" I failed to win even as much as $5. Instead, I spent quite a bit of time and money-making purchases from PCH, playing its games, and subscribing to its affiliates, just to find out that PCH is not in business to award money, but to get people to buy into its products and schemes. Again, please close my account with PCH and all of its affiliates.

Publishers Clearing House notified me that I had won $10,000. The message popped up on their website when I opened up an e-mail from them and clicked on the link. I thought to myself "Don't get too excited. You never win anything". I was right. I later received an apology e-mail stating that some guy in San Jose was the winner and that I would be put into a special drawing for $10,000 and that steps to prevent this from happening again were in place. I am thinking of calling a lawyer. It's not right!

I'm wondering if anyone REAL has ever won one of their sweepstakes. I got 4 notices to confirm my personal info, asked for my ss number and all so I could get my winnings and I've not gotten them yet. They said I won $850,000. Sent them all the info and nothing yet. It's just bull right?

I got a phone call from folks claiming to be from Publishers Clearing House. Their phone number **. Look, this was probably not PCH - they told me I was getting a car and a big certified check. All I needed to do was give them my address. Sure. :) What these morons are doing is seeing who is stupid and will fall for stuff. No coincidence I just settled a medical claim and they probably sold my phone number. So do not give out any - any information to these fraud people, call back if you want to from an office phone, and tell them they are stinking fraud folks. They want to meet you somewhere, tell them 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington DC at 11:30 on Friday. Sure they will be there, never at your house. Got time, call John at 1-876-845-2082 and ask for cash! Freaking jerks, sorry if your elderly parents were messed with.

Was told, I and many VIP players with PCH received notice that we had won 10,000.00, only to be told the following day, that they had a computer glitch, and I and none of the others had won. PCH then did a drawing for 5 people for the $10,000.00 each. Not fair and this company should be investigated. How can you tell someone they won and the next day say sorry?

Last Saturday morning, September 17th I opened up an email from PCH FrontPage and before I could do a search a winner's box popped up stating my name and where I live and that I won $10,000. I was so happy because it couldn't have came at a better time. I continued on for a chance to win 3x the amount per instructions. I waited for a confirmation email but, all I received was an email from their Customer Service person stating that they are sorry but my name and information was accidentally inserted in the notice and someone else had actually won the $10,000.

How pathetic can a company become! I've been playing PCH sweepstakes and games for over 25 years and I thought I finally had won something. Instead, they tried to dupe me into buying their junk! That's the only explanation I can come up with. How do you "accidentally insert" someone's name and information into a winner's notification?!! Regardless, I should still have received the winnings. It's not my fault they messed up even if it was true! PCH has zero integrity!!!

On September 17, 2016 I received a notice from PCH on my VIP Elite site congratulating me personally on winning $10,000. I was ecstatic - who wouldn't be - even more so when I realized that the award would be doubled by the VIP Elite site notice that any prize won up until 10/5 between $10,000 and $100,000 would be doubled. That amount could certainly help with bills, minor home repairs, and the savings account. The next day I received an email from PCH that they had made a mistake. I couldn't believe the unprofessional action - especially when they claim I am one of their BEST CUSTOMERS. Actually, I really thought they were a more professional organization. However, they really deflated my enthusiasm. I was shocked at their carelessness, lack of concern.

I copied my screen when I received my winning notice - couldn't believe it. Copied sites and emails pertaining to this issue. PCH did say that they were offering 5 people a chance to win $10,000 and would reimburse others involved with 50,000 tokens. The tokens cost them nothing! Needless to say, I will not be buying any more of their items. So just play the games you like and have fun, but nothing else. Better yet - read a good book or take a nature walk!

I had recently received crossword puzzle and Sudoku books from them that I had not ordered. I have "won" millions on multiple occasions but have never been given any money. I wouldn't recommend this scam of a business to anyone. I'm done with them.

I was playing when is Publishers Clearing House instant win games it suddenly said "congratulations Miss ** of Rock Island Washington. You have won $10,000. See people really do win". I turned my phone off for the night and went to sleep. The next morning I woke, turn my phone back on, went back to PCH website. There was my congratulatory at again saying I had won. So I contacted them asking how do I receive my money where. They probably told me it was a rogue email. I informed them that it was not an email. It was an instant win. They told me it was an error and that they were not going to pay me anything.

I want to know what's to stop them from doing this to everyone. They lied to me. Used me. Don't trust this company. I want to know who oversees these companies to make sure that they stay on it because whoever it is is not doing their job with this company because they are lying and people and it's not fair and I demand my winnings PCH. This was not an error or outside your company. It was not beyond your control. You said I WON so where's my prize money. Someone please help. I want an attorney to sue them... Please contact me at **.

I have been playing the PCH games for at least a couple of years wasting hours with them every day since. With tens of millions of tokens I won, but mostly not used by me (I used 35%). I have not won anything besides their worthless tokens. The other night I got an on screen message while playing that I won $10,000, but the next day I received an email from PCH that my winning announcement was a mistake, and the supposed winner was somewhere else (they gave me a name and a location). Emailed them that this is fraud. Emailed me again telling me that it was a mistake and they did things so it will not happen again.

Yesterday morning I opened a link in my inbox from Publishers Clearing House. It said that I won ten thousand dollars in MONEY. Later on in the evening I received another email from Publishers Clearing House that this was an error, and my name was mistakenly inserted as the winner. Then they apologized and gave me something like 3 free entries for the mistake. How can they do that? Anyone else have this happen to them?

9/16/16 I was entering a contest when a pop-up window appeared and announced that I was the VIP Grand Prize Winner of $10,000.00. Dubious, I took a digital picture of it. Once you click, they are forever gone. 12 Hours later, I got an email from Customer Service entitled "We Apologize for our Mistake." They claimed to have "confused" ME somehow with a MAN in California. HE was the recent winner and MY name was inserted in this announcement & sent to me by "mistake." I have NO similarities whatsoever with this gentlemen and his privacy was violated by telling me this! This is the most STUPID, ILLOGICAL thing I have ever seen ANYone do! I WANT my prize check!

Publishers Clearing House Company Profile