Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been playing the Publishers Clearing House app for a long while now. They have this game called the wheel & whatever it lands on you wins twice amount, coins or $. I hit the $500 & stayed for a while but I guess it recognized that it hit the amount I stated earlier then started to spin after it done stopped on the $500 which would be 1,000 because it's twice the amount that it lands on. I always thought they were legit but found out totally different. What a joke & I will no longer play again & advise everyone else the same. Thanks for your time & now you've been warned.

Month after month, week after week and day after, emails about winning, I finally thought who actually wins all this money week, no one? It is so much money, where would they get it? It is like the lottery without the donations. It has to be a scam, there is nowhere to check out who actually wins, Just a way to give false hope to those who hope and a way to take up a lot of time every day with their stupid games.

After entering their contest I purchased some items. Figuratively speaking, 1 out of 10 products were either defective, not as advertised, or just overall a bad product. Kept getting bills after sending products back. I had to pay the postage to send the defective products back. Some that were clearing not worth the postage I paid. Now, go figure. I am in the credit department again with these guys. I know this is a scam, including you guys, because even you are trying to get more information from me. We will just see, when I start getting more crap in the mail. Not even the Better Business Bureau will do anything about the complaints. Let's see what you do...

I have been playing PCH for a number of years now, whether is the Search or the Lotto games, I have played almost all of them and of course have never won anything. I find it quite ludicrous to expect to win when after they send you a PCH sweepstakes to your email telling you that you must enter ASAP or you will forfeit the winning numbers, when before they actually draw the lucky numbers they are already sending you a different PCH contest to win which of course tells you that you did not win the previous one no matter how many times you have played the game.

In example: they send you a contest to win $10,000 dollars a week for life and you enter every single one and play every single game and they are always telling you or sending you contest games that if you do not enter at that moment you will forfeit the big prize. Yet, a week before they actually announce the big prize winner, and they are still sending you false hope about winning that contest, they are already sending you another $5000 dollar a week prize contest, which tells you that you did not win the previous one. So why keep on playing the game when there are people that just started playing and they are winning when the people that have been playing for more than 10 years have not seen one win come their way. Unbelievable!!

I won $10.00 dollars twice and a useless $5.00 dollar Amazon card. They notified me but a couple days ago I won a $1000.00 dollars on one of the games. Now they're playing dumb. It's nothing but a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

PCH is a scam. I recently contacted them online after seeing very negative views, questioning their legitimacy and they responded, stating that everyone has the same likelihood of winning and then the message rambled on that. However, I questioned them to please ease my mind and to possibly give me a citation of how their money prizes work. What organization supplies this $5000.00 a week for life or why none of the "winners" are seen outside of their commercials and they closed my message.

I then questioned how much they paid those individuals on the commercials and they disregarded my question. In my eyes, when an organization cannot answer simple questions with a truthful response, especially with their prior history of what is shown on their Wikipedia page, I suggest anyone who is trying to win money to waste their time and money elsewhere.

On September 17th, I was also one that received notice of winning 10,000.00. When I contacted them they said it was in error and apologized, and I was not happy. Also stated that I am seeking an attorney and would not hesitate to let any social media know. It is wrong to do that to people. They did offer me 50,000 tokens and 5 extra chances in another drawing in which I declined. I do feel they owe me the $10,000.00 that it said I won. It may have been an error on their part but in life when you make an error you own up to it. For days I sent them emails regarding this. They would send me the same reply every time regarding the issue being resolved.

Finally I sent one back. Told them this issue was not resolved and won't be unless they gave me the $10,000.00 they owe to me and unless they had something more to say not to send me no more duplicate replies. Since then I have not heard no more from them. I do have the winning notice screen shot on my phone and emails to back what I say. Do I feel they're legit? Not really anymore and I have been playing for many years. If there is an attorney out there that deals with this I would love to hear from them.

I really was looking forward to using my Robo Twist as I am old and can't open jars. It does not work. I tried several batteries but it still doesn't work. Would you send me another, asap. I didn't keep the order number but my CUSTOMER ID IS **. Thanks.

I get my orders just fine and I pay my bills but I put a hold on my payments on the other stuff because they keep sending me bills with everything I already paid, on and trying to double and triple payments for a while. I keep paying them until I pulled out my money order receipts and found out I was paying double and triple on the same bills I already paid, and this has been happening since the day I first started and I've told them until they got my bill straightened out I wasn't paying another dime so they sent the bill to the a collection Agency.

PCH does send out a lot of marketing items to try to entice you to buy. THAT is what their company does - It is a CLEARING house. They can't give away money if they don't make any! Other companies pay PCH to advertise and sell items for them. It is FREE to enter, but, yes, you have to scroll through the products - that's just the cost of entering. They never say you have to buy to enter - I've bought some things because I wanted to, I did not consider it to be a way to increase my chances of winning. However, you have to be aware of scammers pretending to be PCH. On October 31, 2016 I received a phone call at work from "Dave **" saying that I had won 2.5 million dollars! It took me by surprise, and I said, "Shut up, it is not!" And the odd sounding voice said, "Yes, Donna, you have won 2.5 million dollars." And I said "Shut up, I did not!" And then it dawned on me, I said, "Besides, PCH doesn't call people!"

The police were called and it was determined that it was a foreigner calling random numbers and trying to scam people out of money - having them buy gift cards and transferring money to him. They said he was known for getting very angry when people didn't play along. So I'm saying when you review PCH just make sure that you haven't been scammed by someone pretending to be PCH. And as far as never winning - how many people buy lottery tickets every single day and never win - it's a fact - there are going to be some people that never win! But, as for me, I'll keep looking through their products and entering their sweepstakes because I enjoy it.

As for PCH website games - I didn't play those very long - too time consuming. They're just not for me, but I'm sure some people enjoy them. Anyway, it's all free so I don't know what everyone's complaining about. I've been entering since about 1975 and I have never been sent something I didn't order or charged for something I didn't order. They do send the full bill, but if you look at it - it does give you the option to make a partial payment. If you look at their Facebook page they tell you over and over to watch out for fake PCH scams and that they would NEVER ask you for private information. Anyway, I think they're awesome!

I am constantly being billed for something I never received. Or maybe I am being billed for something I paid for previously. I ordered jewelry once. Paid for it even though, it turned my granddaughters neck green and rash appeared. Now they are saying I ordered more jewelry and owe $32.00. They should check their records. I never ordered anything else after the first incident.

I have been playing with PCH every day for over 3 years from Mexico. As of now nothing works. I have to go to hola vpn for the US to make it work. They say the rules state no international transaction allowed?

Ordered some batteries. Received notice from PCH ordered had shipped but FedEx shows a request for number but not shipped as of today 11/29/2016. Extremely poor service. They are requesting payment long before receiving order.

PCH is FREE. No one has to enter or play it. Like any company, their computer system can mess up. I play it constantly and have for years. And I've never won a dime. But c'mon! Its FREE. People are complaining about not winning. It's like the state lotto. It's luck of the draw. And people do win. My daughter won $40k on one scratch off. She played for years. If anyone should complain, complain to the US government. They withheld $13k of it.

PCH, once you click on any link, forces you into a long cycle of buying options, from cheap consumer products to magazines. They rely on people making a purchase, even though they prominently advertise "no purchase required". They know you will think you need to buy anything to 'win.' They NEVER send anything you order... nothing, ever! For that reason alone, they are a true SCAM and do not deserve to be allowed to solicit, pester, annoy respondents who know no better. STAY CLEAR OF ANY AND ALL PCH emails, especially the ones that try to get you to download a PCH LOTTO game. They re-sell your email and will hound you for life; eventually making you feel you're so special, only to trick you back into buying and getting NOTHING!

Extreme mental harassment online and in mail. Never won anything despite claim after claim that I have!! I suffer from extreme depression and this b.s. about winning money is very enticing and alluring to me as I live day-to-day financially. It is an extreme come-on baited with false delusions only to get you to buy some of the crap that they sell. I don't believe anyone has ever won anything ever and am extremely sick and tired of their selling a sick poor old man false hope for a better life for me. Please leave me alone!!

They try and trick people to buy something. I entered their sweepstakes and kept getting emails saying I had to do more. All those emails contained items they wanted me to purchase. I NEVER even indicated I was going to buy anything yet I get an email saying my order for pearls was confirmed. They can take their pearls and shove ‘em. I never ordered anything!

On Sept 17th I also entered when it came up saying I won $10,000 dollars. I showed my husband who also was excited when I received a email saying it was a mistake and that I was the only one to see my name, that it belonged to some guy in california. I still have the email and want my money which is the law. Not put in a drawing, how would we know if they actually did. Which I bet no one won.

I replied to PCH in response to a post card I received. Went to the actnow site, followed instructions, looked at 3 pages of junk merchandise and 2 pages of magazines I had no interest in. Click on submit only to receive a notice that the site did not exist. It seems PCH managed to leave a W off the WWW. How convenient.

On September 17 I received a message from Publishers Clearing Sweepstakes saying that I had won 10,000 Dollars!! Couple of hours later they said it was a mistake!! $10,000 mistake really?? Anybody involved in any kinda lawsuit or class action please email me I would like to be involved because I have been damaged!!

I was sent a postcard in the mail 3 days ago. I have tried to go to this web site for 3 days and it says this web site has been closed or is outdated. How can I get in this drawing if I can't put my activation code in?

They say that when you buy something that it is 4 payments of ______ whatever you buy but they don't do 4 payments of. They send you a bill for full payment. They have charged me late fees. As for giving away all that money every month isn't true. I think that it is time that the BBB investigates them. It is false advertisement on what they say on the TV and in their booklets that they send you.

On September 16, 2016 I got a notice from PCH on their website stating that I won $10,000.00. The next day I received an email informing me that they made an error. Then 3 days ago I got another notice stating that I was the VIP $30,000.00 winner. They again apologized for their error, informed me that this never happens and gave me a complimentary entry and 50,000 tokens. I have taken action, what PCH does is not okay. Email me if you want to be ADDED to my CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST PCH, **.

I also received notice of the $10,000.00 win and then was told it was not true, I was not a winner!!! But someone else was and I found this to be a disgusting human error... PCH should have owned up to their mistake and just paid everyone off!!! I've played for years and have watched every single ad faithfully that they tack on to each played game!!! What a fool I have been!!! What a fool we have all been for falling for their scams!

PCH gets rich off all us fools for watching those ads and we are the losers and wasting our valuable time!!! Most the time their games don't even work! And when you call Customer Service, they'll sit right there and lie to you!!! Their problems amount to hundreds per day and causes us to lose valuable time... After all of today's problems and their lies, I QUIT!!! NO more PCH for me anymore... It's over! I'm tired of being screwed and lied to by these people!!! I also believe that they discriminate against all APPLE devices and users!!! If you have an Apple device, God help you on PCH.com!!! Their server is worthless! Good riddance PCH!!!

Someone needs to investigate the PCH Token Leaderboard scam. It says you can win by being the high token earner for the day. I've played every possible game you can to earn tokens for this, but I never get close to the top. Take today, Oct 18 2016 for example. My token total for the day is 132,400. The leader so far today is 237,350. There's something wrong there.

I was playing games. It came across the screen "you just won 10,000 dollars". 5 hours later they sent an email saying I was the only one who seen my name. I was extremely excited. I was planning on getting a truck, but unfortunately I am not the only one that was lied to. I do Have the email they sent me.

On September 17th I was on PCH website playing games and my name came onscreen as a 10,000 dollar VIP winner. I was thrilled and couldn't believe I had won. Sure as I shouldn't have because PCH lied and have not and will not give me my prize money. I got the email offering 50,000 tokens. Ooooooh can they spare it? I want my $10,000. I want to start a class action against them. Anyone want to come in with me?

On or around Sept 17th Publishers Clearing House announced to me over the internet "congratulations to our newest $10,000 dollar winner Mickey ** of McCloud California". I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so excited I read the email over and over and over. Sure enough it was really from PCH Clearing House. This I told myself is a real and authentic PCH message and it was real from PCH. It was not from a scamming company but from PCH. Now you can just imagine how excited I became. I ran into my 33 yr old bedroom and woke her up with my excitement. I was so happy. I was crying cause this is a prayer answered. I could now catch up on my delinquent bills.

And within a few hour I say five or so hours later I was sent another message from PCH saying they made a mistake and a man from San Jose California was the real winner and that I was placed in a drawing five $10,000 dollars drawings a contest my name was placed into for their VIP. They left a number to call if I had any questions so of course I called only to be told that they made a mistake and it was basically my loss but tried to give me hope by adding my name in a drawing. I then called back after some time I was not a winner. And again admitted to their so called mistake that they were sure to never let happen again.

However I am not happy and I feel I have been judged and that I am not worthy of receiving the prize promised. I also believe that the majority of winners are on the east coast and the western coast is a rare event if a winner is picked over here. If one does the research they might find this to be true. I also believe that PCH false represented the money promised to me and others as well from the research I have done. I also believe that PCH still owes us our money and some for the embarrassment, deprivation of character, the mental anguished caused, and for the lies they told me and others. I believe there should be some kind of action taken on Publishers Clearing House for this otherwise PCH will continue to think they can treat people in this manner and it is not only wrong to treat us this way but false advertisement. Thank you.

This company called Publishers Clearing House has frauded me out of $100.00 or more of dollars. The customers services dept. sends you packages and orders that are wrong but yet in still they keep billing you for payment, and they put the payments on orders that you don't even ask for and not only that they charge your payment to a different order.

And they don't send you the order you requested for! One Customer Service Representative stated to me that I was not allowed to use their services at all to buy anything again. Because I was ** and they didn't care for my services. The customer service rep was very rude and incompetent. I have been playing for 4 years and having won anything I filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the ConsumerAffairs and I'm going on CNN News to let every know what a shady and low down bogus company this is and I'm suing this company for fraud and misrepresentation. This company is a complete SCAM, stealing people's money and selling a bunch of JUNK to elderly women. I'm a dying elderly woman with a rare brain disease, they should not be treating people.

Scam alert!! These people ask for money!! I was contacted by a person from phone # 876-434-4830. They say you have won a large amount of money and a car. They want you to pay 1% of the taxes by going to the nearest Walmart and sending cash to pay taxes and then you will get your check. They actually wait for you to get in your car and drive there. When you tell them you are there they proceed to talk to you as if you were a prostitute. Absolutely nasty!!! I hung up and called the sheriff. Fortunately I faked all of the driving, and didn't tell them where I lived. I hope others become aware of this.

Publishers Clearing House Company Profile