2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5
Based on 1,195 ratings

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have been entering these sweepstakes for many years and have never won but keep playing, today 2-21-2018 I got another entry that said I was entered into the 5000 a week forever prize. Well I opened it for I was going to fill it out and send it back as I always do and I gotten to notice that it says the deadline was 02-20-2018 REALLY? This is past the deadline. So I chatted with a customer rep by the name of Meagen and she said, "Sorry some was sent out late but I could send it in anyway" and they would enter me for the next drawing. Hmmm ok, sounds a little fishy to me don't it?

Well to my reply to her I told her to take me off their address list and never send me anything again because all they want is for you to buy something and not give anything in return. Been wondering where they get all this money they give away. Think about, is this for real? Na I don't think so. Just my opinion and I hope that no one else falls victim to this years and years of scam.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Been playing those PCH games the last month since I’ve been laid up with a broken leg. I’ve scored 16 million tokens and used them to enter various drawings, never won a dime, never won a dime playing any of the games either. All they do is beg you to buy their 99 cent store type garbage and when you don’t I’m sure their computers lock you out of ever winning anything but more useless tokens. What a scam, never met anyone in my 60 years of life who won anything from these scammers. Don’t waste your time playing, or your money on the cheap garbage they try to sell you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have had all of the experiences listed by the other reviewers before me. The PCH people "talk out of both sides of their mouths!" They try to play with our heads with a statement; however, inside that statement will be a word/s that limit/change the statement. In tiny almost unreadable text, they assure us that it is not necessary to purchase anything; however, they continually insult us with very large text reminding us that our "cart is empty," [as though we are too stupid to know it], and they do not allow us to proceed to "enter" until they have forced us to go through the lists of products several times.

In fact, the first time "enter" is presented, it is quickly removed before it can be clicked and we must go through the products again and again. Even if a purchase is made, they will require that we go through the publications---and saying that "the cart is empty" even though it has been filled! There is no end to the ways that PCH practices its trickery.

They also used the gimmick of claiming that I had never paid for some long-ago purchases. [I noticed that another reviewer had experienced this also.] Lie! I checked my account each time---nothing owed. When I would place an order it would be canceled using this claim. I checked every time. Eventually, they shipped all of these items, without prior notice---all at one time, but separately, a small fortune in shipping charges. The items and shipping came to several hundred dollars, which made life rather difficult [I'm 86].

I also agree that the stuff is over-priced, falls apart, poor workmanship, not as presented, dead on arrival; and the freebies turn out to be stuff they can't sell so they make up the money by high shipping charges. I have received emails telling me to play the games all day! With their emails, they try to lead us to believe that we are the most likely person to win the sweepstakes in our area. Everything is all ready for the go-ahead signal. And suggested that we buy a new dress for the occasion [the TV people will be there to take pictures of the occasion]. LOL I didn't!

I do not know if there is a connection but, I never received very many spam emails---just one or two here and there---until this past year, after PCH purchases and games---but then I started receiving many, at least 100 every day. In the end, since PCH's method of doing business is not acceptable to me, I decided not to order anything else from them. That's it, done, finished! I have not included an order number as this review would include many. This encompasses my overall experience with PCH.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Do they ever really pay out money? I have never seen anyone win, only what they show on TV. I play their games on their site, they say this game you can win $100 or this one you can win $500 or this one pays out $2500 but I haven't even seen $1. From what I keep reading on them, no one has ever won any money. They just want you to come to the site so they can try to see you something. I bought from them one time, they sent half but tried to make me pay for all of it. I tried explaining that I didn't receive everything and they refused to listen. I now just play their games, in hopes of beating the top score, which by the way, I have never even gotten close to.

I had issues with the site freezing but I downloaded a free ad blocker and it helped tremendously but I still can't get anywhere near the top score, I can't even make the lowest of the top scores. I believe they just want you there playing the games and seeing the ads. Yep and they send at least 5-10 emails a day. I delete most of them. I like the slots game and I can play for free so that's all I do. I am not buying anything, I don't expect to ever win anything because I don't believe they pay out anything, through their games or the jumbo prize sweepstakes. For me it's just the fun of playing the slots now. Everything else is a joke.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Whenever you have only a limited time to finish a game section, the site freezes over and over. Today I had to log out and log back in over twenty times. I had multiple times that I completed a game and got my token score, but the site would freeze up before the score was added. When I would get back in, that game would be back, as if I hadn't already played it. I have yet to be able to complete all games in one day, due to site keeps freezing up. Tired of getting "difficulty loading" message.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Very simple! If I order THEY WIN. I enter but NEVER order. Because I want to WIN. When I win $1,000,000 I'll order. They could have so many more winners if they would give away $1000 or $2000 a week instead of $5000 or $7000. Who needs $5000 a week anyway?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have tried three different browsers. I get as far as a page that says submission is pending and to click to continue. There is no continue button in any browser. There is a next button where I can buy useless crap. On that page, there is nothing related to submitting an entry. If I return to previous page I still get a message to click continue to submit my entry, but of course, there is still no option. I am quite tech-savvy, but how is it that I cannot find a way to submit my entry in Safari, Chrome or Firefox?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Why does PCH force you to buy their products if their sweepstakes are free? I am disabled and on a very limited income and I cannot afford their items. Frankly I don't want any of them. So done with this.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have ordered things from Publishers Clearing House before I just paid off my last to cut two accounts. I know how I have all my accounts paid up and they're trying to say I still owe 420 some dollars from two years ago. I'm tired of the threatening letters that they're going to send it to collection and they keep sending me bills. As I explain to them they scammed me before and I've paid for things twice and I explain to them I'm not paying for anymore. I'm all paid up in full. They can send these bills to collections because I know I don't Owe this money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

You're watching ads in-app and window pops up saying you've won 1000.00 gift card from Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc... After you give your contact info and checkbox to receive text, you find out participation by paying them money is required. Now you've been scammed and get bombarded by salesman as a reminder. I see PCH ads on Consumer Affairs page now. So they've paid y'all off too. Good grief. Oh and you won't win anything on those games either.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

What you read from PCH and what they actually do is diametrically opposed. I receive 3 to 5 email warnings daily with failure to respond will result in forfeiture of any prize money. Almost threatening to begging for an order. I’ve tried it not ordering and with ordering for years, perhaps 40 or more, hundreds of magazines, useless foreign junk easily less money at Walmart and in all cases even with guarantees of winning have reaped a big fat zero.

They work a grey area that’s absolutely fraudulent and to many Seniors they feel threatened if they don’t respond or order something. They continue to be confronted with lawsuits and have a legal staff unmatched by few major countries. These folks are the masters at deception and by simply signing up all your info is sold to their sponsors creating a ton of unwanted mail both in your mailbox and on your computer. They squeeze as much out of you as you let them. They aren’t selling. They are taking and the ripple effect will go on for years. Do something, another class action suit is in order.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I love playing these games, but with all the freezing, it's impossible to win anything. Solitaire games: We have 3 minutes to play. I'd be willing to bet that 2 of those minutes are spent waiting while the game is frozen. When you click on cards to put them up, they end up all over the board and you can't see the cards underneath; you completely lose track of what you're doing... more time wasted trying to figure out what card is on top, and what card goes next.

Keno: Again, with the freezing and the amount and time of the ads, it's impossible to complete 5 cards. The most I've ever gotten was 3. Scratch Offs and Instant Wins: Does anyone EVER win the money advertised as a prize? I feel like I'm playing all day for nothing but tokens. I don't mind losing if I'm losing in a fair manner. I feel that PCH is cheating us out of any possibility of winning. I understand the games are free, but when you're advertising big payouts for winning, then there should be a fair chance of winning, and there isn't. Please fix all these glitches so the games are a little more fair OR stop falsely advertising the possibility of winning actual money.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

They tell you no purchase necessary. They tell you there’s a chance to win. I fell for it before and now again. If you win, you get tokens. They just keep sucking you in and get nothing but tokens. Supposedly you have entered the sweepstakes but there’s always another email telling you there’s another step. They keep doing their best to get you to order. I am once again unsubscribing. People who need money the most are the ones who get sucked in that’s why WE keep falling for it. The wheel spinning and Et games are just another addition to get started. I don’t believe anyone wins except Publishers Clearing House.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

When PCH robs you with your earned tokens, what else will they cheat you out of??? I accumulate about 1.2 to 1.4 million tokens a day normally. As I accumulate tokens I keep track of them, at the end of a section I check what they show I have accumulated. OOPS what they show is way out of what it should be. So I have started everything I accumulated at the end of each game and write it down and total with the previous. I then check what they show what my total is. Result - sometimes they add part of it, a few times they show all of it and frequently they show none of it. Tracking the totals over that last 4 days I find they have robbed me of about 100,000 tokens a day. IF THEY WILL ROB YOU OF TOKENS, what else WILL THEY CHEAT YOU OUT OF. Are these people a scam or worse???

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I'm so upset with these people. No one ever wins. I feel like you all are getting paid for us using our internet. Then you say we won something but we got to buy something or go thru all these different things and never finish with the first attempt of winning anything. If you get finish there is still no winner. Y'all post face of employees winning 100 here and there. No no no run it right. I have not seen no one win the big money. They say they legit. Where is the proof. Nothing on TV but your commercial. I'm over it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

For lack of a calmer demeanor at this moment, I will start with this "screw you PCH". What does a person HAVE to do short of shutting down their personal email to get you TO STOP BOMBARDING ME WITH EMAILS! I have "unsubscribed" 3 times and you still send me upwards of 7 emails a day. I too played and played (no I didn't win either and that part's okay) but realized I JUST DON'T WANT TO ANYMORE. I didn't really expect to win anything and I am cool with that.

But at this point PCH has taken away my right to say no. It is a CRIME by ANY means of the law AND moral society that when someone says NO... It means NO. Don't bother with customer service because you will get NOWHERE with them. They are trained assassins who show no mercy or understanding. PCH you are a violator of the worst kind. You invade my space, my time and my precious moments of looking at my email notifications and seeing "IT'S YOU AGAIN FOR THE 5TH time today". BACK OFF PCH. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU ANYMORE. NO MEANS NO!!! (By the way did anyone else happen to notice that pch has ads on here too??? Wily savages.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I tried to enter contest online. After several attempts and a multitude of emails from them alternating between telling me I was registered then several more telling me I had to search their product lists again and again (I already searched 3x) to meet compliance with their rules, it was clear you had to order something or enter an eternal search loop w/o a confirmed entry. This appears to be a scam now.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Unethical business practices. PCH sent me a bag to cook a potato in, and a bill for $23. Lol. It's a law that you do not have to pay for something that's sent to you without paying for it first. Otherwise anyone could send you something, and a bill. Think about it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Yes, PCH is still targeting the most vulnerable adults in our society. Through plays on words and slick looking mass mailers claiming that you may already have WON! Hogwash. My elderly mother-in-law was giving out thousands of dollars each month, because she thought it didn’t matter since she had won $34M from PCH. WE (actually “I”) contacted PCH and demanded that they cease any/all contact with her. They agreed, but never quit. And yes, she still buys their dollar store nut & candy garbage - because the reps assure her that gives her extra chances to win. I’m disgusted! Mailings, and any other forms of contact.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

On December 22nd, I got an email from them saying the prize has been awarded and they are on their way. On December 23rd, they said they hadn't really gotten a matching winning number and the prize was still up for grabs... So look at our products again! They wanted people who were desperate to win to think a miracle had happened and they still had one more chance to win.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Is PCH using our computing power to mine for cryptocurrency? While using my smartphone and/or iPad, the contests move right along. While on a computer, everything is at a snail's pace. It takes forever to load games and play. No, it is not my computer nor my internet connection. I am an electronic tech and am very savvy about computers, Windows, iOS, etc. The most likely explanation for the slowwww computer gaming is that PCH is using our bandwidth to mine cryptocurrency in the background. BTW, not the issue here but been Pch'ing over 40 yrs and never won a thing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I've been entering since 1978. I have won nothing, I would be better off playing the lottery. If I had the money I spent on stamps I would have quite a bit of money. I've also entered online and you can never get thru all the pages to finally enter. It's a scam, The government should put a stop to junk like this.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I've been playing the games... Never win any money, redeemed the tokens to enter for prizes... Nothing. I'm up to almost 7.5 Million tokens, but have never hit any money. Did order a few things... pretty cheap goods for what you pay. Shipping and handling price it out of the market. Will NEVER order anything again. Don't waste your money! Play for fun only.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I’ve been a “customer” of Publishers Clearing House for years! Easy payments, but all their products are super expensive for cheap workmanship and sometimes defective products. Trying to get their customer service to do anything is a joke! The shredding scissors, OMG! NO don’t buy anything from PCH! You can enter without purchasing but you have to read the fine print. I’ve never won anything from them... Are the people that win real? That’s an interesting question... Happy Holidays!! Be aware! Be smart! Be good to yourselves!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

On VIP scratch off games - I've played 3 games several different times and it says I have to do two more to "unlock" for the big try. The short of it is I can do the last three games but cannot do the first games - hence - it refuses to accept the selection. I just sit and look at no action! Holy cow I just might be a big winner without a chance to claim it (smiles). Can I get an email on what to do!! I have faith cause I won before. Let me know what I am doing wrong. Keep the contests coming. Play every day and mail every entry.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have been on and off this site for over 3 years now. I am a relatively active member, a few million away from Diamond level status and yet over all of those 4-5 hour nights I have only received a $5 check in the mail, yes a $5 check! It costs nearly that much for me to drive to the bank and back, and not even worth giving them my bank info over. That right there put a fire in me to QUIT playing the site for hours at a time, it's not worth it. The rate of money they pay out for the amount of ads I've watched is ludicrous. I'm sure they've made hundreds if not thousands off of me in ad revenue, and I get a $5 check. What a crock. Stay away and don't spend more than a few minutes a day filling out stuff, it won't make a difference.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I just started playing PCH, and love it! I've so far won $10, and play every day, and there's reasons that they State, and let me tell every reviewer out here buying, so I purchasing will not increase your chances of winning! If you're called, or that you have to buy something to win or get in a sweepstakes It's a scam! Let me repeat a scam, you don't have to purchase anything, and my experience thus far, is the games/apps are easy, though they do have some accessibility issues to work on even on PCH.com. I love it!

Yes, there are PCH scams out there, and used to be by mail, this is why they now State and it's by law! They have to State buying will not increase your chances of winning. So, you should not have to pay for anything, or purchase anything to win, and you know the odds of winning or something like 1 + 1 billion some odd number like that! So yes it's pretty high! Pretty high in the fact that you may or may not win, I will come back and write another review or update this review as time goes on, and as I keep playing. I did however purchase one thing off of there, $31 total, and actually I love it. It's it iron pan or an iron grill, it's pretty nifty!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

All you get is tokens no cash. And I got a call last year said I won a prize. Patrol was on their way but I had to go to Walmart and send 2500 cash for processing fees before they arrived. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Playing the PCH games for a long time and never win a thing especially the low income and people below low income so they can stop struggling and the rich or above low income people not as much. I have been playing the PCH games and everything else since my daughter was in my belly and now she is almost 4 years old.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I've been playing the instant win games now for about 5 months and redeemed thousands of tokens and I have WON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. How can they continue to fool people so much? I am totally disappointed in Publishers Clearing House.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information