2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: June 4, 2020

I ordered two items, one item started at $17.95 and ended with me owing $33. Same with another item that started at $9.95 and now I owe $22. These are items that I had been able to purchase anywhere without them tacking on all the extra money. I was also charged for two of one item, they did remove the second item but made sure to tell me that never mess up basically and I need to pay attention, somewhat bittersweet result. Do not order from them, the prices are outrageous, by the end you will have doubled your bill. Shipping is outrageous as well. I knew better. Very bad move on my part!

Original review: May 31, 2020

HaHa.. I think that PCH is nothing but a big joke and a scam. and the emails are nothing but a big lie. I got an email said that they was giving out 1 million on May 30 and 500 hundred on May 30 but they did not give anything out on May 30. It was given out on May 27 and the emails said it was guaranteed to be reward but nothing like always.. PCH is nothing but a money market and scammers and IF you go to Googles look up PCH they come up as a scam.

I think they should be sued and where I played for over a 1 year nonstop but the past 4 months my health has got worse and my legs are weak... and it's worse than a job. It's a 7 days a week job and they want you to buy stuff and when you log into the website they make money from it... And when you order stuff it takes a long time and its cheap made but not cheap when you have to pay for it. I think are nothing but actors and when you call them you cannot understand what they say and they cannot understand you...

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

These people did nothing for me. I went ahead and paid their exorbitant charges so I'd get done with it. And now? I'm back on their irritating mailing list. And guess what?!? I'm most likely one of their current WINNERS! Just keep buying crap and mailing in their stupid stamps a fake authorizations...and you know the drill.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Their sweepstakes maybe real, but please! If you're smart don't order any merchandise. They misquote prices and and send you Dollar Store merchandise at exorbitant prices. Those ads they send w/ sweepstakes said $2 a month for 5 months for plastic measuring cups. Now trying to charge me $20 and measurements washed off 1st time. Now I have cups. Coloring books 5 5X6 and 6 regular colored pencils? Supposed to be $10? $22! Paper so thin you only get 1/2 the pics. Colors leak through if you use markers cause pencils don't color well. They are shysters in retail department. 2 cheap thin paperbacks w/ jokes on aging (terrible self-published jokes) $19! Read both in an hour. I would NEVER have ordered this junk for these prices. Inserts had reasonable prices. This is surely how they make the $$ to fund their sweepstakes. You didn't see Ed McMahon advertising this junk. Not sure what to do.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have been with PCH for many years, even before you started the sales online. Your customer service people are terrible! The token system is a joke. I have play a lot of games and where do all my tokens go? I should be in a hundred with the tokens. I do not understand the mystery gift at all. I suppose to have won that many times. I have bought a lot of things on the internet. Last summer you had a special and you already had my card and claim I did not paid it was your offer to make it monthly. I call customer service and they were horrible and so unkind, who are these people? I got the supervisor, he was not not nice either, but he gave me twenty dollars off. Sometimes I wonder if those people you claim have, really winners? You also double the prize and we complete that and seen like it is a joke too. I would love to get some feedback from you people. I love what I have bought but you push it too much and it appears like if we don't buy we will not win. I am sick of the house thing too!

Original review: April 9, 2020

PCH needs to let people know POSITIVELY that entries are VALID. All else should be clearly identified as extra bonus opportunities ABOVE AND BEYOND THE MAIN ENTRY. I cannot understand how PCH has an "A+ Rating with The Better Business Bureau". The tactics PCH uses have made me highly skeptical of the BBB's reliability. Thankfully, ConsumerAffairs has made it possible to air the dirty laundry of both enterprises.

I ordered ONCE from PCH. Merchandise was shoddy, & overpriced; shipping, handling etc., greatly inflated. AND, they were made in China, from materials that might not pass safety standards in the USA. There was a time when the PCH contests were respectable, fun, & sent by snail mail. Once your entry hit the mailbox, you knew you were in the running. Now they use nasty tactics of trickery, bribery, fear-mongering, and not-so-subtle bullying. One must scroll past tons of gimcracks & geegaws. Then, when you're SURE you entered correctly, you're bombarded with email after email of dire warnings that you missed a critical step! To try to correct the "omission", you're forced to scroll past the same dreadfully expensive cheap merchandise, only to get more emails that you somehow "goofed" again! ENOUGH!

Original review: March 7, 2020

They say there's no purchase necessary to enter but would not finalize until I did. Or to be more accurate, they kept prompting "next step", which were page after page after page of advertisements. I finally decided to order something if there was anything I could actually use. Even after that, I couldn't finalize - more ads showed up. My husband had tried this also and had the same experiences. I saw other reviews from people who said they had won but who had spent a great deal of time doing it, one person said they had won something twice, once $5 and once $10! The odds of winning are very high, I can accept that. The pressure to buy, I can't. The amount of time spent is extreme. I would not recommend anyone bother unless they have nothing better to do with their life.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

PCH advertises no purchase necessary to win.... What a joke! I gave it a try and since entering their 5,000.00 a week for life sweepstakes I have been bombarded with daily emails wanting to know why I haven't made a purchase, and even though I have completed the entry process, they constantly email me saying I need to complete "one more step". That step, of course, leads me back to the order form, where the hard sell continues and they continue to insinuate that my entry will not be valid without an order. I believe this is fraud.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I entered the advertised sweepstakes and have been bombarded with upsell offers, and worse, recurring incendiary and intimidating email follow-ups saying such things as my entry will be voided, or incomplete unless I buy more useless, overstock merchandise, most made in China btw.. PCH should be reprimanded for inappropriate and misleading advertising campaign... It's all a rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I am very close to a billion tokens. Though, I've never won a dime. I don't rely on PCH, as I find this gaming to be immoral at every level. However, I do trust God and the Universe to supply my every need. I call and play every day. What I don't appreciate is the mind games, ie: You could soon be very blessed, Retirement may be earlier than you think, Waiting on your response, From the desk of Executive with a name provided etc. I find it to be exceptionally disheartening to day the least. Never ever should this be deemed to be legitimate or acceptable. People's emotions are really high with the prospect of winning, very sad that they aren't taking any of this serious. Notifications such as the ones I've shared has people's emotions extremely high.

Restructuring of their practices should be carefully considered and revised. I play all the Sweepstakes and enter in every way possible, inclusive to the sweepstakes, I play Mahjongg ever single day keeping my own scores and I have never been on the list... And this is factually accurate that I score the highest every day. I should be in the Guinness book for breaking records. Hence, whoever is claiming to read these reviews are fake and lie too. Lastly, who are these individuals winning every 5 minutes???? I couldn't work for a company such as this with no laurels or integrity.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Publishers Clearing House is nothing but a scam. I have played the games the scratch offs and have entered most of the sweepstakes multiple times and use my tokens on a Amazon Fire stick almost 6 million of them and still haven't won a penny in prizes and sweepstakes. The only then I have gotten from these games and sweepstakes are sent to surveys and different sites to sell something to do someone that has no money that lives on Section 8 that has multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.

I was hoping to at least win something as many times have I played these games and as many tokens I have won. But from what I've seen on television and on the posts on the PCH website the only people who do when are the ones that are already financially privileged and have homes of their own and the ones that can look pretty on television and living with good health and don't have a care in the world so I'm assuming that's the only kind of people that are able to win anything off this bogus sweepstakes.

Publishers Clearing House should be ashamed of themselves for not allowing someone that has nothing to experience what it's like to have something in their life but I guess that's the direction this country is going under President Trump and take care of the rich and privileged and leave the common people and the sick and disabled in the gutter. This country it's supposed to be about equal opportunity but somewhere down the line those values have been forgotten.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information