1.34/5

Publishers Clearing House

Founded in 1953, Publishers Clearing House is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based consumer products and magazines. The company calls attention to its products by providing consumers entry for chance to win sweepstakes prizes. No purchase or payment is ever necessary to enter or win. Since 1967 the company has awarded over $228 million in prizes and awards. Consumers seeking direct assistance can contact PCH's customer service division, toll free, at (800) 645 9242.

1854 Publishers Clearing House Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I placed my first ever entry for the 08/31/2019 sweepstake for $5,000.00 for life and what a "major mistake" it was. I had to shut down my e-mail account because I was bombarded with e-mails pushing me into placing an order, playing their useless games and selecting tokens for product I did not need or want. I placed the order thinking it would get PCH.com off my back but to no avail. The LIE about not ordering or ordering is just that a "BIG FAT LIE" and to date I NEVER received an order number or customer ID so I could pay for the purchase online. "Thank G_ D" I had the smarts to complete at least six (6) online website contact forms for customer service informing PCH.com to CLOSE down my account as the e-mail address was shut down, CANCEL the pending order and REMOVE all contact information from the PCH.com website ASAP. I let PCH.com know in writing that the order was only placed to get them off my back but to no avail.

That I was being bombarded with numerous e-mails asking me to complete my entry and guess what-there was no way I could ever complete the entry as even after placing an order for merchandise I did not need or want I found out my entry never made it into the sweepstake contest yet?! I informed PCH.com in writing that if the order was shipped I would REFUSE the delivery and RETURN TO SHIPPER and so mark the delivery to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding!!!!

I remember my grandparents ordering numerous magazines and merchandise because they thought they would WIN because they did not understand what a RIP OFF/SCAM getting involved with PCH.com really was. They were foreign and did not understand-of course, they NEVER won either. Save yourself the aggravation and stress because PCH.com must think the consumer is not smart enough to realize what a waste of time and effort these bogus entries really are!!!! I am very surprised to see Steve HARVEY doing PCH.com commercials-AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Publishers Clearing House is a total scam perpetrated on the elderly (such as myself). They make entering in their "$7,000.00 per week sweepstakes" sooo confusing... They intentionally make you feel that purchasing anything from "PCH" will improve your chances of winning. Their tactics are 100% misleading and all of their products are junk. Save your money and buy a state lottery ticket. (Better odds).

Original review: July 9, 2019

We have been playing their games over the past few years (and dreaming of the "big win") and have also placed an order from time to time for some of their products, which have been of good quality, but in the past two months PCH has started sending us items we never ordered. It's getting to be a pain returning these items. I just wonder how many other unsuspecting people they're doing this to as well and who are probably sending PCH their hard earned money for this stuff when they get the bill thinking that's what they have to do. I'm really surprised they've stooped to this level to increase their sales. Needless to say, we're not going to participate in any of their online or mail-in submissions anymore. (July 9, 2019)

Original review: July 1, 2019

Don’t waste your time with PCH. No matter how much effort and countless hours, you’ll never win. The token leaderboard is fake as no one can reach up to 300,000 or more tokens in a day...no matter how many devices you have. PCH does everything they can to fail you. Those commercials are FAKE with paid actors/actresses who pretend to win.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have been trying to win PCH for the third time now. I am up to 7,463,250 tokens and my level status is Sapphire Blue. I entered this time because I wanted money for college and for my family. But, I am worried though that I might just be wasting time and that it is a scam, my aunt and grandmother have both seen the commercial that use to come on TV and stated they've been out for years scamming people and tricking them into buying their products, mainly magazines.

They don't really give out money like they promise, you can even see the fine print down the bottom in small letters, they are using and paying men and women to say they have won to promote for business and get money from people. At first I didn't believe them. I thought you actually won but after reading the other reviews on this site and how PCH really are I am extremely disappointed and sad about how these people like me go on their website and they get nothing at all. So now I am quitting for good, I don't think I would have won anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: June 24, 2019

It makes zero sense that a company would give away money for free as part of their main financial and marketing strategy. Even the lotto charges money for scratch tickets. All these people who got involved amaze me.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I get their offers through the mail, rather than online. People should bear in mind, before getting involved, that this is not a one-time entry. Once you enter, you will continually get envelopes with a lot of advertising material, as well as a form to send back for the entry. They have stickers in various places in the bundle you receive so it's a matter of finding them, stick them on the entry form, and returning by mail. They provide an envelope but you provide the postage. Since these bundles come every 2-3 weeks, if you faithfully return them, it will cost you a lot in postage.

I used to look at the stuff they were advertising because they often have neat little gadgets, especially for the kitchen. I've ordered a few but the price is too high, and the shipping even higher. The items do not always work. Some of these items can be found in your local Dollar Tree or Christmas Tree Shops. Between having to send in my forms too often, and ridiculously priced gadgets, I decided not to continue this. Maybe they have real winners, maybe they don't. I'd love to see someone who was a BIG winner, post their story here. For me, I'd rather buy lottery tickets in my state's lottery.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I bought many items from PCH and spent many hours playing the games. I paid for items when I received them and without any explanation was removed from the list of PCH and being able to play any of the games. I have called and written letters to the head of PCH and have not had any answers at all. I am very disappointed in this and would like an explanation. I do not understand what I have done wrong. I have spent several hundred dollars. I just would like someone to respond to me. Helaine **

Original review: June 13, 2019

I think it's really shady that this company uses ads that are encrypted with viruses. Not only that, but their target demographic is elderly people which is even more shady. My mom has gotten three viruses trying to enter Publisher's Clearing House. I think it's disgusting that this company is knowingly taking advantage of people who may not be very tech savvy. Shame on them.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I've been entering the Publishers Clearing House online since 2007 by mail since 1989 and I have never won one cent. In their entries they say "A Guaranteed Winner In Your Town" but that's not true as I live in a small town of 400 residents where all of us are friends and talk with each other and if someone won the Publishers Clearing House we would throw them a party as all we have to do here is watch weeds grow or birds digging worms and according to our residents not one person ever won in the history of the Publishers Clearing House.

Everyone in our town believe it is a scam and toss the snail mail entries in the trash versus entering. I've wasted too many years entering the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes expecting to win to get ahead financially with being disabled and barely able to exist on Social security Disability and Public Assistance which I am always in debt only to like so many contestants be disappointed having not won. I firmly believe that the Publishers Clearing House Contests are a SCAM to give false hope of winning to their contestants as their "Bread and Butter" comes from orders placed and Advertisers who's advertising you view. The only way to shut down Scams like this is to avoid the Publishers Clearing House all together in every way possible.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information