Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

About Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Daily sweepstakes
  • Friendly service
  • Free to enter
Cons
  • Marketing overload
  • Slim odds

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 9%
  • 9%
  • 19%
  • 63%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Reviewed March 19, 2024

I've been entering PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE since 2002, 22 years, I'm a VIP red diamond elite 5 × over. I have nearly an overall total of 2 Billion coins. I've enter multi millions in the redeem tokens almost everyday and can't even win a money gift card, I play the apps to get the tokens all day, I've done a boatload of surveys to no avail. I've mentioned this to them. From what they say everyone has the same chance of winning by entering. That means I could put a million in entries and a person putting 1 entry in can win it over me 1 to a million!! That's some BOLOGNA! I've been entering years longer than the two prize patrol were even prize patrol members too. It Tuesday March 19th 2024. I'm really thinking this is a Scam in some sort of way,

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2023

Been foolishly playing and entering for decades. Recently, one survey required for an entry seemed normal, until they wanted complete demographic information, including exact date of birth. I would have given a false date, but then just exited. That's phishing and dishonest, as far as I am concerned.

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2023

So, I have played Publishers Clearing House for years, since 2016. Never won a single penny and never will. This is a waste of time and frankly they should be ashamed. I will never mess with this again. You can spend all day playing their games and so on and it will be for naught. They also push that you make a purchase. They claim that making that purchase does not affect if you win or not. But I can tell you the emails they send are all about buying their products. This is a long time running marketing scheme and not even a very good one. Don't waste your time on this bull, I know I won't.

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

I've been playing PCH well before the 90s, I've bought numerous magazines and have submitted millions upon millions of tokens, and have never won a single penny. BE AWARE! Just in the past years (you can guess the years, ha) The PCH surveys you get to gain more tokens is a scam. Why would every single survey need to know your political affiliation? Does 1 party buy more than the other party? Maybe it's to get a count so they know who you're voting for. As I've always known that it's not anyone's business what political party you're on. It's also funny that you can prefer not to answer on race, color, religion or what you identify as, but you can't when asked your political party. At the end of the surveys, if you don't answer the political question then it says you did not qualify for this survey...why? Yes I tried both ways and it works if you answer the political part. This should be investigated! But why should they. It's not a real game anyway.

Bill

I ran into a similar survey. After identifying as a moderately conservative Republican, several of my VIP Elite entries were cancelled and I was blocked from sweeps entries! Cancel culture is alive and well at PCH!

Angelic

I just pick the political party democrats that’s what the PCH ceo is

Reviewed July 1, 2023

For nearly 2 years I have been playing the back and forth emails from PCH always telling me I have one more thing to do to enter. They tell you that you can enter without a purchase but that is not what they push. I have never won and never will because apparently, you have to make a purchase. Don’t get hooked into the lies they tell you…all they want is you to buy from them... and they swindle you into purchasing with dangling the 7k a week for life crap. Don’t be sucked in to believing for a second that you could actually win. This is nothing more than a scam to build business.

Verified purchase

Reviewed March 11, 2023

So we have been playing the PCH games sending back all correspondence they send and occasionally buying products. Last month I received a coupon with my envelope for $30 of "free" merchandise. It says I can select items from the included merchandise advertisements. So I did place an order, ordered slippers for my wife and 2 bathroom bath rugs. Well, when I received to merch it included a bill and no credit for the $30 coupon. I made sure I did everything right to include the coupon and everything needed with this order. So I called PCH and they said that I didn't include the coupon! I have the stub but not the coupon, so I KNOW I sent it. They will not honor this and said I will have to pay for the cheap merch they sent. I said I will only pay for the amount over $30, she said they will send the other amount to collections then.

The slippers are dollar store quality and the bath rugs won't lay flat, slip on floor and smell like chemicals. This cost almost $40, which I refuse to pay anything over $30!!! Also they "backordered" the bath rugs and sent in separate box. They are also charging for 2 S/H charges. This is total ** and a scam! I am done with shady, dishonest business. I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also I am NOT paying, if they wanna threaten me with sending the <$10 to collections, let them. They think they can scare people and bully them, not me. This is a dishonest business, beware and don't spend any of your hard earned money with them, disgusting...

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

I placed an order with a $30.00 coupon offered. What a scam, they send a FREE item of their choice and charged me shipping $6.99 for the $30.00 coupon FREE item. It cannot be more deceiving than that. I have no use for this item and the $30.00 coupon was actually not honored on my order, WHAT A SCAM.

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2022

You Can Win: 400,006,535 tokens spent, thousands of other entries, Winnings $10. I have purchased a few times, interesting products but tend to be low cost and cheaply made. Good website that loads quickly. Kind of fun at times bu

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2022

Play same games daily, once a month all my earned points are removed and my Elite VIP status is removed. When I contact PCH they give a boiler plate response to clear cookies or use different browser, but never address the issue! Been playing for 35 years, did win $100. but nothing else. So every month I contact PCH with no fix in sight, they open and close tickets when it doesn't go along with their boiler plated response. Sad, thought they legit!

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2022

I've been playing PCH a few years now. I have reached Red Diamond status and have put over 350 million in tokens for chances to win various prizes. I've played the slots many times it's fun and just a dream of winning. I know the odds are great and have never won a prize of any kind but I play every day before and after work sometimes in the hopes of winning someday!

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2022

They're full of crap! I entered it for years and nothing comes to my door. They're a scam and a pieces of crap. I don't believe in them and all they want you for some reason and possibly they want your information.

Reviewed May 27, 2022

9 Months entries 10 -12 hours per day. As of 05/27/2022 on my PCH account login Token Activity Current Balance: 252,815,640. PCH - PCH Rewards Welcome Tokens+30,000. I received only a $10.00 check for all these works I deserved justice and to get paid as a Citizen in this country nothing is for free and no one is above the law. They are acting just like Donald Trump's businesses no one can touch them because they all are over the word, "It is a Mafia Business".

Reviewed May 2, 2022

Been playing Publishers clearing house contests for over 40 years. Never WON anything ever. Ended up with magazine subscriptions and cheap products that they charge more than double for. Plus it takes a month to receive product on average. Also many items fell apart. Ordered some peanut brittle, You get a small tin can with about 5 oz's for $20.00. Same product at a local store for $5.00. Been playing the games and contests for years online. Racked up over 250 million tokens that were applied to cars and other items. 250 million and NEVER WON A SINGLE ITEM. Oh all that time earning tokens. You do not get them back once entered. They are also have 0 value and can not be cashed in.

On the entry pages, they post all this money you COULD win. $5000/$7000 a week for life. Then take you to the order page's, usually 6, you have to look at. Their statement at the end "an order would be appreciated." By the way their favorite word "COULD WIN". So if you have a lot of time on your hands and earning worthless tokens, watch countess ads, and never win anything, this is the place to be. Do not expect to win anything. Because you will NOT. This is the biggest waste of time anyone could ever do.

Reviewed March 9, 2022

They will send you emails to claim a prize number and all that does is redirect you to a website to buy life insurance or other products. All their emails are just fake links to trick you into signing up for services like insurance. If you enter once, just block their emails after.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2022

After years of VIP playing status I closed this account because of Numerous spam emails, site pop-up sponsor redirects that Were Not selected. Final straw: phone virus alert after redirect to one of their sponsored sites that was not even selected. My Phone call to their customer service went to offshore call center. Also unsatisfied with quality of orders received. DONE.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2021

Been a customer for about 11 years. Haven't won anything yet. I haven't seen no discount for the customers that spends so much time on the phone trying to win the product, I stop playing because I think it's a scam.

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2021

So I've only been on PCH about 6 months and haven't won anything. I don't mind the email reminders to go online and finish lotto, sweeps, scratch-offs etc. I've placed a few orders because the markdowns were so low, however, their S&H prices are absolutely outrageous. Nowadays when I go online to play I'm very, very careful that my "cart is empty" before I hit the Continue button. You can image my surprise when I get a random email the other day stating they are processing my order. What just happened? Where did this come from? I emailed support with my customer number and order number and although they weren't able to cancel the order due to "automated order processing" they did say I wouldn't be billed. They need a way for customers to log in and cancel their own orders just like almost EVERY OTHER SITE out there. If this happens again I'm most definitely closing my account.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

I started with PCH about a year ago with low expectations. I wasn't disappointed. Along my PCH journey I was dumb enough to make 4 purchases (they repeatedly make you feel guilty if you don't). I kept it to low dollar items. The quality of the merchandise is so-so. I believe they make a good deal of money just on their shipping charges. I compared the items to what I would experience using Amazon Prime. Prime was not only cheaper on the item, shipping was free and I would have had the merchandise within a week.

PCH took almost a month with each item I bought. So, I'll likely reach Red Diamond status in a week or so, and I'm ashamed to say that with all of the inane ads I've been exposed to and all of buying pleas I've sailed through, I've not won one cent and believe that I ever will. PCH makes for a great time-wasting buddy that will keep you out of trouble (unless you gamble on games). Have you ever met anyone who has won anything on PCH? I didn't think so!!!!

Reviewed Sept. 14, 2021

Since playing the PCH games for a good while now, I have fun. I win tokens, I get to exchange those token for prizes, I’ve won several times, the checks are real. I’m kinda old school and the new games are not really my style. But, pch games are very cool to me. I like to gamble and that’s what pch games does for me. I’m like everyone else, I want to try to win big! But, if I don’t play the games I won’t get an entry to win. You never know what can happen? Who knows, it’s like the song says; “miracles can happen and it can happen to me.” That’s why I like playing the pch games….

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2021

For years I've entered the PCH sweepstakes and they always say you needn't buy anything in order to win. This year I tried once again and was advised via letter that I would receive my final documents for entry within two of receipt of said letter. The documents didn't arrive for another TEN days; this was AFTER the drawings were held. I felt compelled to write this review because this sort of behavior has been going on for years and someone has to say something. SHAME ON THEM!

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2021

I have been playing Publishers Clearing House for decades. Most recently, online. While I did make purchases earlier, I WONT EVER AGAIN. I know they say "purchase not required" but I felt SOMETHING was holding me back from even the tiniest prize. NOW, I have accumulated OVER >TWO HUNDRED MILLION TOKENS< and NOT WON the smallest prize NOR first CENT of money! Those who play regularly KNOW "Black Diamond" status (second highest!) is no small chore. I have "redeemed" ALL OF THOSE TOKENS and..nothing.

FIRST, to offer "Games" with ODDS HIGHER THAN the COMBINED POPULATIONS OF INDIA AND CHINA to ONE should be banned! It is a SCAM because I'm surmising they get "pay per click" funding and YOU MAKE THEM THE MONEY while NO REALISTIC Winning odds! Curious, I began to research "Winners" this I found: Here are ALL the OVER One Million dollar winners I could find - HAGMAN - 1MM; JONKER -1MM; MARSHALL -1MM; FEDER - 1MM; and FELDMAN{!} 2.5 MM! Check your Hollywood-similar name rosters and SEE if you can draw a conclusion!

Yes, others "win" smaller but NOT at this ratio! Check out the names of PCH hierarchy too. The Federal Trade Commission should investigate this, but, my guess, is they would be paid off too. Like so many of YOU, I am just an ordinary citizen and Disabled Veteran. Except for Lotteries and Sweepstakes, there is NO other path to wealth for Us. Jackpots are everyone's goal BUT NOT a SINGLE CENT with all that entry tells me something IS WRONG! There is ZERO TRANSPARENCY.

I have contacted PCH numerous times about Winning/Winners. HOW many times has someone played to Win? HAVE they won smaller prizes before? How many entries did they submit when they won a jackpot? DO long term players get beat out by new players when TV ads appear just days before final entry? ZERO RESPONSE! I NEVER ask for personal data either JUST FACTS! SO, continue to play if you wish but I think I'm done and going back to Mega Millions and Powerball where odds are ONLY 300 MM to 1!! I hope this saves some of you more grief and clarifies what I have been through!

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Been playing for 16 years; so far, I've won a whopping 10 dollars within that time span. I never buy anything for one so that is definitely something they may consider, even with them stating they don't consider it, I've had this account for over a decade, even played when I was in the Military, and since I don't buy anything my account access online, recently started... about a month ago July 2021, has come to a crawl to their servers. It use to be a fast connection.

The snail pace connect means that each entry I attempt to do takes roughly 20 minutes to complete online, that's just one entry and I usually enter into ever chance at winning including the instant wins, just want to see if they are honest about not needing to purchase anything to win the larger prizes. It has been 16 years, I only won 10 dollars, and I never buy anything because there's no guarantee to win anything and the odds are low.

They say I can win but it's a long time coming with a very low pay out of 10 dollars over 16 years I've played, I guess that's their proof you can win without purchase. I never do win big no matter how many contest I've entered; the grand prizes never came to me. No transparency in these contest mean no way of knowing and also mean for me. I will never give them money at a off chance of winning with low odds of it happening. For me it's "Free" which means I may never win. The odds are lower than most state lotteries, that's not the powerball or mega millions; With not knowing if my entries online are being honored and the slowed connection to the site which is recent, it takes a entire day to enter everything, like I usually do, but when the connection was fast it took about 2 hours.

I guess here's to another 16 years of marriage to playing PCH for Free maybe never reaping a large win. I may be the oldest account... It's so low of a chance of winning that I even created a Consumer Report account.... for every game I don't win from here on I will place in a stock account; into passive income dividend stocks and see which will reap more for me... This has been my experience with PCH, I won 10 dollars in the past 16 years and still play to see if I can win. LOL.

Reviewed July 15, 2021

This is a 100% fraudulent organization that pushes everyone who enters its sweepstakes into buying its own products and services, most of which are not worthwhile or worth the price that they're selling for. I hate criminals like these people are.

Reviewed June 27, 2021

On Feb 9th of 2021, I won $100 on the $10,000 power cash drop bonus game at 9:30 am. They sent me an email congratulating me. They said it will take 3 to 5 weeks to get paid. After contacting them they say they will "reissue" the check. Well, you can't reissue something that was never issued in the first place. So as requested, I sent them the screenshot of my winning. Which is stupid because they know I won.

They are scam artists and complete frauds. Stay away. They think they can get away with it. Because they do everyday. What they don't know is that my son works for a high profile law firm as an attorney. You would think they would be smart enough to know they have lost lawsuits before. Well, they messed with the wrong person. If I don't get my $100 soon, which I won fair and square, they will be sued again and have zero chance of winning. But hey, if they are dumb enough to not pay the $100 and want to lose much more in a lawsuit, I'm all in for that. Don't deal with these scam artists.

Reviewed June 14, 2021

I've been entering & playing the Publisher's Clearing House games for more than a few years (almost daily) & have even purchased items through their mail order services since 2013. As for the products received through mail order, the items received were (for the most part) very similar to what was advertised & I really have no complaints about them. Basically, ya get what ya pay for & as for pricing, the individual prices are comparable to what ya might find on Amazon or possibly at Walmart.

However, when you add in the shipping, the pricing/costs of most products can be better through Amazon and/or Walmart. I will say, however, that the quality of the products are good & I've been quite satisfied with the products I've chosen. As for the sweepstakes, I truly believe the sweeps are for real & that REAL people win. Odds of winning are (literally) astronomical, on paper it's easier to win the lottery, however Publisher's Clearing House does not require any investment & therefore more entrants are procured. As for customer service, I'll say the customer service has been top notch. From personal experience, I have returned products that didn't live up to expectations & have received full refunds.

I have even accidentally ordered a product, called customer service immediately & later found the order to have been reversed, with no charges to my debit card incurred. While I realize that others have posted negative reviews related to their own experiences with customer service, I'm a bit confused when reading about their experience as mine has been very pleasing. Maybe it's because I don't expect more than I should from a mail order type business, or maybe it's just dumb luck (I don't really think this is the case) but I definitely disagree with those reviews. Also, I've won $10 on 2 occasions & believe (in my heart of hearts) that the big win ($1k /day for life) is absolutely real & I remain hopeful that one of these jackpots have MY NAME on it. That said, I will continue to enter the sweeps nearly every day until I do win & after I HAVE WON, I'll continue ordering products through their mail order offerings for the rest of MY life!

Reviewed May 23, 2021

I am here to report a definite scam by Publishers Clearing House. I played the game Tri Peaks Rush and was number one leading the token board up until midnight when the game ended. My name was Kris H on the token board, at the top. I should have won the $100 promised, but they won’t recognize that I won at all. They say they have no record of me even playing under my email address, even though I played for 5 hours straight. I sent them a snapshot of the board showing I was number 1 right before the time was up to play the game. It still made no difference to them. They are a scam for sure. I am so disappointed as I have played for hours on end for over a year, and for them not to acknowledge that I won the $100 is beyond comprehensible. I will not play, ever again.

Reviewed May 18, 2021

PCH isn't a scam but folks need to manage their expectations. The odds of winning even small prizes are in the millions, it's aspirational and not an effective way to make money. It is basically a lottery, but instead of buying tickets with money you buy them with your personal data and time watching ads. I feel that elderly folks in particular need to be very careful and read through what they're clicking on. No purchase is necessary, you just need to keep clicking "continue" at the bottom until you're entered. Spam email can be avoided by always unchecking the boxes that say "yes, sign me up for the mailing list" and also creating a separate email account just for giveaways just in case.

Angelic

Well what about all these people who say they won something and never received their winnings?

Reviewed April 7, 2021

I registered for the sweepstakes. When I completed, they prompted me to complete the process. It then became obvious they wanted me to purchase something. No cost or obligation, remember? I stopped the process. Now they keep harassing me with these emails to complete so I can "win". Stay away!

Reviewed March 5, 2021

The number associated with my current review is **. This is the number I was called from saying I won the sweepstakes!!! I keep calling this number and they kept telling me they would call me back. The last time I talked to him he wanted some kind of card from Dollar General in the amount of $500 dollars. When I refused he hung up!!!

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2021

I have been doing their sweepstakes for 10 years or so, I believe that people are using bots to submit entries, which has been brought up in chats, and makes this unfair for those of us who actually spend time on their website. Have not won anything even submitting millions of tokens. Who else is having this issue?

Publishers Clearing House Company Information