BlueStar HonorCare

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Virgil, thank you for taking time to offer a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with your BlueStar alert, and hope you are finding peace of mind knowing that help is nearby when you need it.

Call us at 800-300-1724 if you ever have any questions....we are here for you!

Kind regards,

Kristin & the BlueStar team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I’m 79 years old, live by myself, had a stroke before, have diabetes now and anything can happen. I was very impressed with BlueStar HonorCare because they dealt with veterans and I'm one, so I picked them. The people that I’ve dealt with were very nice and helpful. One time, we had an appointment with one of the individuals at Comcast, but it ended up with the Comcast guy calling me from his personal cell phone. I was given a follow up on it, so that’s really good. All my questions were answered as well. I’m pretty satisfied with the service so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you for taking time to offer a review, Veronica. We're happy that you are happy with your BlueStar device and our service, too!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I have been stumbling and I was afraid that I might be somewhere and fall. I got BlueStar and it's been good. The sales rep and everybody has been very courteous. Even the lady when I called in to check the device was really nice.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you sir! We appreciate your feedback.

~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

When I originally got an alert system from the VA, it had to be tied into my home phone. But I don't have a home phone and there wasn't a way that I could figure out how to tie it into my cellphone so it was really of no use to me. So then I decided to get a BlueStar because it alerts you without having to have a phone. Most of the time I don't have the device with me which is probably not a wise thing to do, but I always have my phone. When I first got it, I wasn't thinking about the fact that I always have my phone with me and it isn't going to give me any good in the shower. So that wouldn't help and I have to pay off this stuff. But I figured I can afford it so I'll just keep it and use it as I can.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you Debbie! We appreciate your feedback. Happy New Year to you and your mom!

~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I do a lot for the VA, and my husband was killed in the military so somehow, I got some information on BlueStar. So, I called about it and thought that it would be a good thing for me and my mom to try because I’m 65 and she's 81, and we both live alone. I'm the one that took out the thing, and we both like BlueStar. Their team has called a couple of times to check and see how we like the device and checked it to make sure it’s working.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you Areatha! We appreciate your feedback. Please stay safe and have a great New Year!

~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Someone called my daughter and talked to her about BlueStar. She picked the device for me since I had been asking her about it. I thought it will be best to get something that will keep me a little safe. I live with my daughter but when she decides to make errands, I don't want to be in the house by myself. The BlueStar device is in my bag. This way, if I don't feel like I want to go to church and she leaves me here for a while, then I can call somebody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you Veronica! We appreciate your feedback and recommendations to others that they consider getting a PERS device as well.

~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have a home health care and the lady who came to talk to me told me to get BlueStar. I did but I haven't been using my device since I haven't needed it. But the device is right on point and I would certainly recommend it. I accidentally pushed the button one day and they called me to check. They would also check and tell me when to charge the device.

I've been thinking about getting a medical alert device but I kept backing out of it. But then my niece said that I'm here by myself, I could fall and hit my head, so I need to get one. I chose BlueStar. I'm satisfied with it but I haven't been using the device in the past three weeks. Something went bad on it and it's not keeping the battery charge. I talked to somebody about it the week before and they're supposed to be sending me a smaller device, but I haven't seen it yet.

When I called BlueStar, the first contact person was kind, professional, and wasn’t pushy. I liked that because one wouldn’t find that too much these days. A lot of people would push more than what you need down your throat and then expect you to feel good after. I didn't feel that I was abused or anything like that after I got off the phone with him. I felt good about spending my money. He was the first person I called and right then and there I had already decided I was going to use BlueStar but I just wanted to check out a few others. I don’t like making my mind right away. He called back the next day and I told him I'll go ahead with them.

BlueStar has been real good to me and I've been very satisfied with them. They're the best thing that ever happened to me. The price is pretty okay, too. It works but the only thing I don’t like is it's really bulky. I tried, but I don’t like wearing things around my neck. I'd slipped it in my pocket sometimes but it’ll press the button when I sit down so I just hook it on the belt loop.

Other than that, I'm real happy with BlueStar. It's an answer to my prayer especially that winter is coming up in New York City and it gets icy and cold, and snow build up on the street would get real slippery when it starts melting. I don’t have to worry about having one of my nieces or someone go with me to a doctor’s appointment or go with me to a far point where I might slip and fall because I've got BlueStar. My cellphone is my primary mode of contact with anybody but if I slip and fall and somebody sees the cellphone, they’ll grab the cellphone. But who’d want to grab BlueStar? They’ll make fun of me but they won't grab it. They won't even know what it's for. It looks like one of the beepers from the ‘80s and nobody wants to mess with beepers these days.

My mother died a couple of years ago and they found her face down in the bedroom. She didn’t have an emergency alert system. I figured since I live alone I should get one in case anything should happen. So when I was looking for an alert system, I was trying to get the best value, and BlueStar has the best price. The other ones cost too much. I then called the people at BlueStar a couple of times. The first time was when I asked what it was all about. The next was when I was doing a weekly test and I messed it up, and they called right away and asked me if everything was okay. Now, if I don’t test my device for a week, there's a beeping on the phone when I pick it up. When I test the thing, the beeping goes away.

I had a stroke in 2014 and I live by myself. All my kids live in a different State. I don’t have family around here and there's nobody staying with me. I have no nurse. So I had to get an alert device just in case. I figured that’d be a safe thing for me. I've tried other companies but they cost $100. I'm on disability and BlueStar's $39 a month is a lot better. I have used it twice, and it's been awesome. They came to my house and checked me up. The thing is, I've sent a paper to them with the people to contact in case something happens to me. But when I went to the hospital and I asked my friend if BlueStar called him. He said, “No. But maybe." For the time that I had to use it, it has been really good.

I have myelopathy and my balance is terrible. And I have fallen several times and my husband told me it was time for me to get one of those medical alert devices. I liked the fact that BlueStar was a veteran. I like if I could do things for the veterans. I'm really satisfied with BlueStar. Everybody was very polite and helped a lot. They're also very knowledgeable people and they explained everything to me.

I've fallen several times, but I always had my husband at home. I was afraid I was going to fall one day and he wouldn’t be here. And since I wanted BlueStar, I got in contact with them and got their medical alert device the same day. But the bracelet is too big. I try to do that as tight as I can, but it gets bigger and bigger that’s why I'd rather use a necklace with the bracelet.

I bought BlueStar for my mother. She's got diabetes. And one time, she had a minor attack but there were people there, but they're not there all the time. When I saw BlueStar, I thought that that’s what she needed. I would recommend BlueStar because people need it and it’s something good to have.

I went on the internet to see what was the best in our area, and BlueStar came up as the best medical alert system in the area. Plus, my father is a veteran and so I decided to take that medical alert system. I like the guys, and they are really nice when I have a discussion about billing.

I underwent five surgeries on my hips, got an artificial hip and knee. But I kept falling so I need a medical alert device. I learned about BlueStar through my daughter and so far, the device is working fine. When I bumped it one time, somebody from BlueStar came on and I said, "Oh, I just bumped it." They were good.

I'm an old marine and I first heard about BlueStar through the Marine Corps League. I got them for my parents and I usually put them on when I know I'm going to be home here with them. The first time we got them, they sent these big things that look like a suitcase, but I've got that all squared away. We just made one phone call and then they paid for shipping for the bulky ones back and sent me the new little ones and everything worked out great. I've also called them a few times and they've always been helpful. They called back when I had to have them call back and they seemed very interested in the well-being of the people that bought it for use. However, I wasn't able to ask them how often I have to charge the devices, and that's not in the book too. Other than that, I would recommend them especially with a GPS locator which is a cool option too.

My husband fell and broke his back a year ago, and has gone downhill considerably in the last year. It has caused other issues, so we felt he needed something. I work and was afraid of him being here alone because on numerous occasions, he fell while I was at work and laid there for quite a while because he either didn't have his phone on him or it wouldn't work. My husband was impressed with the guy from BlueStar that called him so he ordered the device. He's been treated well by BlueStar. One day, he bumped the device once and they asked him if there was something wrong, and he told them no.

I'm an old, retired police chief and navy man. BlueStar said something about veterans and I'm from the war years where we got spit on when we came home. And I just thought, "Well, it's somebody talking about something I know about." So, I called them and they set me up. At that time, I said, "I will have to wait until payday to join." And they said, "Well, we'll just send it to you now and you can pay us payday." And that's what happened and I've been happy with them ever since. There were probably some times that I was stupid, and they had to tell me my alarm went off. They've been very good and I’ll be more than happy to refer them to anyone who's looking. In fact, I've already talked to them about it at the legion.

I fall a lot, my legs are weak, and I have seizures, so I got BlueStar. Their sales team was very good. I haven't had a chance to use my device yet, but I've accidentally pushed the button several times, and they called me right back. I've thought about changing it because I've seen some that are free, but then I said I may as well keep this one. So far, everything has been fine with it.

I had started having periods of vertigo, I live alone and needed some help whenever that happens. I chose BlueStar because of the veteran thing, and I like them. I have pressed the help button on my device, and the response service was very good. Plus, their team had a good level and were very helpful.

My husband has dizzy spells and weak spells. He would collapse and I'm not always around when that happens, so we decided to get a medical alert device. He's a vet and the people I was talking to were vets, so we chose BlueStar. We haven't had to use it for an emergency. However, we can't figure out how to hook it up to the phone like it's supposed to so I'm paying for something we can't really use yet and it's just sitting there. But the people there are really nice and very informative.

Emergency help from BlueStar came once because I've called them without even knowing it. The girl said she called, but I didn't hear it because I was listening to music in my car. It was frustrating. Though I did call them for a couple of things, and they go out of their way. They've been wonderful and I can't say enough good stuff about them.

At first, I called BlueStar HonorCare to see what it was. Then a man explained it to me and told me that I could try it for three weeks. I want to keep it but I haven't hooked it up yet. I got to get somebody to do it because I don’t know how to do it. I'd recommend BlueStar, in fact I told one girl about it.

I have a tendency to be alone and I fall sometimes. I didn’t want to take a chance of that happening and not having a way of getting in touch with anybody. I got the BlueStar and I'm comfortable because I know it is there in case something happens. I have a backup system where I know I can get in touch with them and it gave me peace of mind. But I was going to turn it back in because according to Medicaid and Medicare, I’m supposed to be getting it for free.

I had a stroke last January. I've had a heart attack and heart surgery and I use a motorized wheelchair to get around. For this kind of condition, I needed to have a medical alert device. I went with BlueStar and had a good experience with them. Every time I've called and talked with them about something, they were always pleasant, and I never had trouble with any of them. I pressed the button accidentally one day and they answered immediately. I would like to get it back one of these days as soon as I get all the bills paid off as right now, I’m just pretty much strapped for money. There was a gentleman that I interacted with and he completely understood the situation.

My father is a fall hazard and when he falls, he can’t get up. We wanted peace of mind knowing that if we’re not here, he can push the button and get help. We got the BlueStar and the experience has been very helpful and positive.

I need the medical alert but I haven’t even used the BlueStar because the thing doesn’t fit on my door and I don’t know if it’s activated. I haven’t even checked it yet. But it's great that I’d be able to get it in a cheaper way because it fits in my budget and it’s neat for emergencies when nobody else is around. The BlueStar reps were very nice, really kind, and explained everything right compared to most people who just take the money.

BlueStar seemed pretty economical and that was the main reason I went with them. I wasn't looking for anything but from what I heard about it, it seemed pretty good. I’m in good health but I'm at the age where anything can happen. I have had a stroke so I know it is possible. I haven’t activated my device yet but from what I know about it, I'd recommend them.

I'm concerned that I'm getting older and am gonna be by myself. I travel by myself, too. So now, I wear the BlueStar device most of the time. The guy that called said he was from a group of veterans and that made me get the device from them. I got the device right away and it was nice that BlueStar didn't take the money out of my account until I received it. I would recommend them and as a matter of fact, I already did.

My wife goes in and out of the hospital, she has a tendency to sometimes fall and she’s a diabetic. She’s also a heart patient and when I'm not around, I like some kind of support there for her because she needs help. The gentleman from BlueStar explained to me that their medical alert service was operated from the VA for the veterans’ families and since I am a veteran, that’s a lot of reasons to go with them.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network) Company Profile