BlueStar HonorCare

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Virgil, thank you for taking time to offer a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with your BlueStar alert, and hope you are finding peace of mind knowing that help is nearby when you need it.

Call us at 800-300-1724 if you ever have any questions....we are here for you!

Kind regards,

Kristin & the BlueStar team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I’m 79 years old, live by myself, had a stroke before, have diabetes now and anything can happen. I was very impressed with BlueStar HonorCare because they dealt with veterans and I'm one, so I picked them. The people that I’ve dealt with were very nice and helpful. One time, we had an appointment with one of the individuals at Comcast, but it ended up with the Comcast guy calling me from his personal cell phone. I was given a follow up on it, so that’s really good. All my questions were answered as well. I’m pretty satisfied with the service so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you for taking time to offer a review, Veronica. We're happy that you are happy with your BlueStar device and our service, too!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I have been stumbling and I was afraid that I might be somewhere and fall. I got BlueStar and it's been good. The sales rep and everybody has been very courteous. Even the lady when I called in to check the device was really nice.

I bought my father a BlueStar medical alert device because father's sugar dropped so low that he passed out and we found him twice unconscious. I'm enjoying the device because he's wearing it and he's being more alert about everything. Their team members are great. They explained everything to me and even called back to make sure everything was working and everything was checked up on. They helped me with things that I needed for him to make him safe.

I have had a falling problem and my cardiologist thought I should get a medical alert. I usually had an extraordinarily bad fall that ended up with a concussion that has had significant effects on the quality of my life. So, I looked at various comparisons at Consumer Reports, Angie's List and so forth and I ended up with BlueStar HonorCare. I've had some questions with their reps at the beginning. I also called the tech people because I was unhappy about how long it takes to charge.

Its standard but my danger of falling is high at night and yet I need to wear it in the day time. So there's no simple solution to that problem. And, where I have to put the charger is not within reach. I know a lot of things happen to seniors particularly during the night, at about four a.m., as said by my sister who is married to a doctor. So I was concerned about that. Also, it's awfully big and ugly. I have tried wearing it under my clothes but if it's under my clothes, I don't think I'd be able to hit the button in an emergency. But so far, I haven't fallen since I've had it and I haven't had any kind of emergency that I would need to call people.

I live alone now since my husband died and I am supposed to have knee replacement surgery soon. I thought if I want to get home as soon as possible, I'll be all by myself so it would be a good idea to have something like BlueStar. I had also heard that they were founded by veterans and my husband and my father are veterans and I have a lot of respect for them. The reps were all very friendly and kind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

I've got neuropathy real bad and I fall all the time. So, having BlueStar was a good thing for me. A few times, I accidentally punched it and they called to see if I was okay. And I like their responses real well.

I've got pre-existing heart condition, I had a heart surgery back in April so I got a medical alert service. I liked the way that the Bluestar plan was presented. I've talked to a couple of people there and they were real good about sending informational stuff out like the Veteran's Day cards and birthday cards. The whole system seems to be up-to-date.

Resolution In Progress

We have BlueStar's medical alert device, but we can't use it. We were trying to hook the device up, but I don't have a landline and it won't work without a landline. They told me a couple of weeks ago, that they sent out something so we can send the device back as we couldn't use it, but nobody has ever done anything. We've had the device here for about two months and it's not even been hooked up yet. I'm probably paying a monthly fee and it's still sitting here in the box. I've been trying to get a hold of somebody to do something about it because they said they had another one that didn't need to have a landline for, but they were supposed to be sending me a return coupon to send it back and I'm not very happy with it.

I lost my wife in August and have been by myself. So my daughters got in touch with BlueStar and signed me up for it. I got the medical alert device about a month ago and so far I've been satisfied with it.

Two of my boys were checking medical alert systems and the oldest boy ran across BlueStar that was run by the veterans and my husband was a veteran so that's where I stuck. Having the alert has been fine and I've had a couple of times when it's gone off. They called me right back and I let them know that everything was okay. They were always very, very nice and understanding. There was one time that it went off when I leaned over the bed and it swung out. That was the first time it did that and so I've been very careful and I make sure it's underneath my clothes a bit so that it won't do that again. I wear it every day and I'm glad it's there because at times I feel very weak and could very easily fall. I like the security that I have with it because I'm alone most of the time.

I have been falling a lot and not conscious that I fell so I got a medical alert device. I got BlueStar because it has the GPS system and a waterproof case. Also, I looked at its cost and it's about the same as any other monitoring systems. I'm pleased with the information I have about the monitoring and other things that are available through it. I thank them for providing information and services that are very useful and giving a reasonable cost for poor little folks like me.

I need to get surgery. My pain is getting worse and I can hardly raise my arms. I got the BlueStar HonorCare device to help me out because the balance in my legs is off. When I spoke with a couple of their reps, they told me I was supposed to get a $25 medical card. I sent my paperwork out because they called me about it and I told them that I haven’t gotten the card yet. One time, I dropped my device and it hit the alert button. It went off and their reps called me. But I lost my alert thing again. It fell off my hip somehow at the VA Hospital. Overall, BlueStar HonorCare is a good company and I like the way they handled things. They’re very nice.

I have used BlueStar once and the service they provided was great. It was baseball season at that time, and that's why I got it because though I can walk to the stadium from here, it'd be dark when I come home. I have stopped going to the game but I still wear it even when I'm going out to my church at night. Most of the time, I get a ride back home but it might break down and I might need to catch the bus sometime. So I keep my BlueStar on me. It's a great thing to have especially at my age. I'm 70 years old and I don't get around as good as I used to. But with my medical alert device, I feel I can go about anywhere and be safe.

I've fallen a few times and I'm usually home by myself so I thought maybe I should take a better look into getting a medical alert device. I was online filling out a questionnaire and BlueStar were the ones that got a hold of me first. That's how I got it. When it was pressed accidentally they responded right away. They're very nice people.

I live by myself now and I wanted a medical alert device so in case I fall or anything happened, I have it on. Their team members are good and I'm satisfied with my experience. I got what I wanted in case anything did happen. They could get me to the hospital or call my child. It's good to have. I would recommend it to every person over the age of 60 or 50 because they need it.

I had fallen and my husband died last year so I needed a medical alert device. BlueStar HonorCare has been great. They have all been just terrific and I have no problems whatsoever. They're all on the ball, because a couple of times I've hit the button by mistake and a couple of times it just went off by itself. They'll and they say, "Cynthia is there an emergency? We have detected that you've fallen." I say "No, I'm sitting on my couch." They've all been very courteous and nice. They say, "Well, you have a good day. I'm glad everything is okay." I just look at it that they're on the stick and they're right there. It makes you feel good especially when you live by yourself. It makes my son feel good that I have something to protect me.

I've had two heart attacks and I've had a stroke. I called Life Alert but it was too much for me to afford so I got BlueStar. I thought it was supposed to be free for my MassHealth but it didn't cover it though. The device is a little too sensitive but I'm glad it is. I've had an emergency and the response provided was good. I recommend them.

Aside from getting old, I broke my Achilles tendon. I'm walking funny and I lack balance. When I talked to BlueStar, they convinced me the device is for veterans. Also, their price is right and they seemed to be efficient. They have tried to contact me to see how I'm doing. I find the medical alert device to be a little big, though. I also received a notice that they sent me a letter requesting information like who to talk to as an emergency connection, but I have never received such letter.

I’m senile so I got a BlueStar medical alert device because of their GPS. I’d recommend them. When I used them, I just remember being on the floor in the hotel and there were 4 EMPs there. I don’t know how they got there or how long I was on the floor and I planned to call and see if I could find out the name of who it was that responded. I‘d like to talk to them because I don’t remember what happened.

Im so glad I took up BlueStar's Admiral Project offer recently. Im home alone while my wife is at work during the day, and shes often gone from home during evening hours participating in church activities or babysitting grandchildren. I have a serious balance/vertigo condition which requires me to use a 4-wheeled walker simply walking through my house.

Just a couple of days after receiving my Bluestar device, I lost my balance while I had my hands off my walker and took a spill in the kitchen one evening earlier this week. Fortunately, my wife was at home and came to my aid immediately. What surprised me more was Bluestar's quick response. Im not sure, but I think a Bluestar rep was contacting within 15-20 seconds. I could not possibly be happier with my decision to go with Bluestar.

In addition, Im so grateful for the sturdy lock-box Bluestar provided me in which to store a house key in the event I require emergency assistance so they wont have to break our door down! Choosing Bluestar's services is a no-brainer for anyone considering such a service. I have an 83-year old aunt who lives alone, and she cant stray much farther than 100 feet from a monitoring device in her home without losing service. I may be a shut-in, but since my device is cellular, I can go almost anywhere and dont have to feel like a hostage or prisoner in my own home!

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Hi Mark - I'll have someone from our tec support team contact you. Thank you for letting us know you were having an issue with the belt clip. - David C.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I developed Parkinson’s syndrome and sometimes when I fall I can’t get up. So I figured I got to have a medical alert device around. BlueStar sounded good, so I took it. I tested it and they answered. The only thing is that the belt clip doesn’t work. I've bent over and it cuts off.

I drove myself to the hospital when I had respiratory failure, so my mom, kids, and my doctor said I needed a medical alert system. I also have osteoporosis, so when I fall, it's bad. My mom bought me a BlueStar and she said it was easy to get the device. It feels so good having it and it gives me peace of mind. I dropped it on the floor one time and BlueStar called right away and told me they detected a fall. They responded in a very timely manner.

I got surgery on my knees and they've been giving out on me every time. They might give out one day and I might fall and hurt myself and if that were to happen, then I want some help on the spot somehow and not have to wait for nobody to come by. I wanted to be on the safe side. I'm a veteran and I talked to someone who lives not too far from me about veterans. BlueStar is owned by a veteran so I decided since we stick together and leave nobody behind, I went and applied for the medical alert and ordered one for my mother and one for myself. I will be sending mine back though because I'm trying to catch up on things and I'll sacrifice but I want my mother to keep hers for her for protection. She's about 85 and she also had knee and back surgery and mostly goes out by herself because she lives by herself.

I ordered BlueStar for my sisters because one is 88 years old and the other is 85. And they have a tendency to fall at their age, so I decided that it was a good idea for them to get one. BlueStar's price was better than the other provider that I saw. My sisters haven't had any emergency, so they haven't used it yet.

I have a problem with my knee. It would go out if I stand and I fear that I'd fall in the tub all by myself so I wanted a little monitor that calls for help. I got BlueStar HonorCare so that if I fall, they'd call to see how I was. I wore it a couple of days, but I kept burning it up and had to keep putting it back on the charger. They said the battery lasts up to 36 hours, but it didn’t last that long on me. The first day I wore it I was cutting grass and had to recharge it. I don’t know if it's because it was new and it didn’t get the chance to charge all the way but I put it back in the box and was thinking about sending it back.

I had applied for something else and then I got a call from BlueStar and they offered it to me. It was for two months free but I missed the deadline for sending it back to get two months free. They took the first payment before I got the monitor, the second payment was supposed to come out on the 16th of October. I’m set to 60 days on that, but I’m still going to send it back. One night I was fooling around with it trying to see how to turn it back on and ended up calling them by mistake. But they were fast and answered the call so I apologized and told them I was just trying to turn it back on to see if it was working and they were okay with it. I’m still active out. I don’t wear it at work and I put it on when I get home, but when I get home I mostly walk around the house and I’d take it out because I had to get in bed. I’m just going wait until I retire and then I’ll it pick up.

BlueStar was upfront about costs, their limitations and worries, which weren’t very many, and I was pleased with what I heard from them. They called at the opportune time and everything fell into place. I had checked four or five units before I decided to go with them and I had an alert system before from another company who said they would respond all the time but they didn't, and that unit kept losing its charge.

I am perfectly happy with this BlueStar unit. It kept its charge for four days before I had to put it back on the charger. I press the button to test the device once a week to make sure that it was working, and their team's responses were very fast. I sent the documentation in and when I did the test on the button after they had received that, they were knowledgeable of about what my medical concerns are and knew who and when to call. But I will let them know when I'm travelling.

The medical alert device is a security blanket for me especially for my age, and medical conditions, and the fact that I was having another knee replaced. While I'm not often all by myself, there are times that I am and if something happens to me and I can't get my cellphone, then I've got the button right here and I know that they will respond right away. The only thing is that I wish the unit's a little bit smaller. I can’t hang it around my neck because of concerns around my neck. But it does have a belt clip so I can clip it on a pocket so that’s perfect.

I have congestive heart failure and I'm a diabetic. I just want to make sure that in case of an emergency someone will respond to me. BlueStar is great and I like it. It goes with me everywhere I go and tracks me everywhere I go, so that's a good thing. I've made the alarm go off a couple of times since I got it and they have responded in a timely manner. I recommend it to anybody who wants this.

I'm 91, sometimes live alone, and have fallen a few times. I also had a couple of times when I've punched the device by mistake and set it off. BlueStar quickly answered, and I just told them that I punched it by mistake and there's nothing wrong. My biggest problem is that most of the time, it's sitting on the desk, instead of where it ought to be, and I can't get used to it. Other than that, I would absolutely recommend it.

I used Connect America before and I like them but I canceled the service when I sold my house and moved to a smaller apartment. I have people around me, so I didn’t feel I really needed a medical alert service, but now I wanted one to make my family feel better. I had a TIA which is a small stroke and it was something that could happen again so I needed to be connected to emergency help promptly.

I went online looking for a device that I could use while I was in my car or visiting friends or family. BlueStar had a GPS system that suited my needs perfectly. I also got some much-needed discounts from it because of the fact that my husband was in the Navy. I've tested it twice and I thank the Lord that I never had to use it yet. I also talked to their customer service on three occasions and they were very polite, informative, and instructed me in layman’s terms on how to reactivate my device. There were a few complications in the beginning, but they got it all straightened out and I'm very pleased. They're a wonderful group and I feel really secure with them at my back.

Hi, Loree -

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

We appreciate your service and your father's service. BlueStar was created to help seniors in veteran families live better lives. As you are probably aware, our company's CEO, Robert Wray, is a retired Rear Admiral. We go the extra mile to take care of nation's vets because they have sacrificed so much for all of us.

We are glad to read that BlueStar was able to find a device that meets your specific needs, and we're even more happy to read that our sales team was able to guide your through your purchase with ease. At BlueStar, our word is our bond;we always give our customers as much information as possible to help them make their decision as fully informed consumers.

We hope you'll reach out to us if you ever have any questions regarding your device. Please let us know how we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Ryan Miner

Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

My father is a veteran and I did some time in the military myself so that’s what made me select BlueStar. I just got out of the hospital and I have some medical problems. I’m a severe asthmatic and I’m on oxygen and I had passed out and I was home alone. BlueStar does everything I was told it does and I’m pleased with it. Working with their reps were, in my opinion, exceeded professionalism. They were very understandable. They explained stuff to me and they answered all of my questions that I had. They were very honest with some questions that I was posting to them. I think they’re super and I hope they go far. I hope a lot of people choose them.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network) Company Profile