4.65/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BlueStar HonorCare is a veteran-owned business on a mission to provide seniors the best value on products and services that improve their lives and help maintain their independence throughout their golden years.

Our medical alert systems are the lowest priced in the industry and our satisfaction guarantee makes us the preferred choice among senior veterans and non-veterans alike.

Our prices range from only $26.95 per month for an in and around the home device to $39.95 monthly for a mobile device with built-in state-of-the-art Fall Detection. Our most popular device is mobile, water resistant and is the smallest, lightest on the market and it is just $32.95 a month. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available. No long term contracts, only month-to-month. Free use of equipment, free shipping, free setup, free activation, you pay only for the 24/7 professional U.S. based monitoring that is just a press of a button away.

BlueStar HonorCare Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

554 BlueStar HonorCare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was having really bad dizzy spells and I live alone so I looked around for a medical alert device. I looked for BlueStar HonorCare online and thought it would be a good fit. I also have a lot of relatives who are in the military so I got a military discount. They had really good sales and I really liked their device. I had one false alarm because the cat stepped on the button and the BlueStar team was wonderful.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My son has a program to sell BlueStar HonorCare's medical alert devices and I’m one of his clients. My interaction with their team was fine and very good. Overall, they've been excellent and better than expected. I am very satisfied and hopefully, I don't have to use it. But if I do, I know where to turn.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have cancer and my daughter was worried about me and wanted me to have BlueStar HonorCare. But I've stopped it and I would not go with them. They had billed me for two months and they won’t give me a refund on half of it. I’m on a fixed income so that really ticked me off. The second time I tried to stop it, they said they couldn’t do it. I didn’t appreciate not being able to get my money back when it was their mistake.

Good Morning, Charlene,

BlueStar appreciates you taking time to provide us a Consumer Affairs review; your feedback is important to us.

We had the opportunity to speak with you on August 3, 2017. We were more than happy to accommodate your request to place your account on hold. We offered to provide you some time to find your financial footing and catch up on your finances. Our end goal was to help you maintain your services in whatever way possible. However, we were disappointed when you abruptly ended our call and did not return our subsequent calls.

You contacted BlueStar again on August 31 requesting to cancel your services. The CSR with whom you spoke with sent you a prepaid FedEx label the same day. Our policy states that we will refund the customer upon receipt of the device within fifteen days of receiving your prepaid return label. We have not received your returned device since we mailed it on August 31; therefore, it is our policy to continue billing your account.

It is our hope that you will ship your unit to us as soon as it is convenient for you using your provided prepaid return label. If you require another prepaid return label, our customer service team is happy to provide you one.

Any time a customer requests to cancel their services with BlueStar, our customer service representatives ascertain more information from said customers, so as to learn how we could better meet our customers' needs. Your request was met by our customer service team - we mailed you a prepaid FedEx return label and are awaiting the return of your package. As mentioned above, once we receive your returned package, we will be happy to close your account.

I attempted to contact you today at the number listed in our records and was unable to reach you. Please contact our customer service team at your earliest convenience at 1-800-300-1724 (press two when prompted).

BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have three forms of arthritis, and they have known to lock up and I’ve fallen. BlueStar HonorCare's medical alert system is great. They are always on call and anytime I need them, it's right there. Plus, they're always willing to help anybody and everybody. I would tell a friend about them.

Hi, Bonnie,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a Consumer Affairs review. We appreciate your feedback!

We are sorry to learn about that you are affected by arthritis, but we are glad to know that your BlueStar device is helping you to maintain your lifestyle.

If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at 1-800-300-1724.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have a pendant medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare for four months now. In case I fall, I have a way of calling 911 earlier. I feel more at ease knowing that I have the device with me. I had another pendant and also a wrist device from another alert system provider but I like the BlueStar HonorCare better. They’re topnotch, lighter and shaped better.

Hi, Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Consumer Affairs review. We appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased to learn that your BlueStar device helps make you feel secure! We encourage you to take your device with you when you're on the go and continue to place a test call once or twice a month.

If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at 1-800-300-1724.

Director of Customer Service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My knees give out on me and I fall a lot so I got BlueStar. There’s nobody here but me and if I’m not near a phone, I can’t call 911. I had one instance where the device accidentally went off because a lot of times, I’d drop the button due to having Parkinson’s. I’d grab it and I’d think I got it, and I didn’t. It’s supposed to call right away because that’s considered a fall, but they never called. Since that incident, it’s been all right. I fell out in the yard, the police came, the ambulance picked me up and I was okay. I also fell at the gas station and the ambulance came. At other times, BlueStar has been responsive and the people there were very polite and very nice. My son lives out in the street but he, as well as the neighbors, is always coming up here, checking on me. He tells me to wear my button but I tell him to get out of here because I know and I’m not stupid. I’m glad that I got BlueStar and I thank the Lord I got one.

Hi, Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave BluStar a review. We appreciate your feedback!

We are especially happy to learn that your BlueStar device is helping to live a safe, healthy and connected lifestyle. We are glad to know that your BlueStar device came in handy when you needed it the most.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-300-1724.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have Parkinson’s and I get nervous at times. I also got some other issues going on and I want to be covered just in case I need somebody. I had a chance to talk to a person from BlueStar HonorCare and it seemed that they are easier to talk to. Their rep was very well-mannered and he didn’t push me. He listened to me and it felt that he was more interested in helping me. Unlike BlueStar, a lot of other companies would call to sell their product and try to push it over on you. And you would try to talk but they would just keep on talking and won’t listen to you. They just want you to buy their product and leave them alone.

I got the necklace and I should have gotten the bracelet. But besides that, I’m satisfied with BlueStar and I like the device because I know that when I go somewhere, even when I’m on the highway, I’m safe having the device on. A friend of mine who lives in Harrisburg would also like to get one because she’s by herself a lot of times and she has a lot of problems going on, too.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I live by myself and I have quite a few health issues that are not getting any better. I got the BlueStar device, and I like that I could carry it anywhere I go. I wear it around my neck, however, it feels so bulky and heavy. I was thinking about returning it because I’m at home and someone’s with me all the time. But then, if I go on a short trip, it might become useful. It's a good deal because it has not only served its purpose at home but if you’re away too. But they didn't check more often to make sure the machine was properly working since I had used it. They should check at least once a month to make sure their product is of use.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My children got Bluestar for me. I set it off by accident twice and they called to see if I was okay. Once, I wore it to bed and I must have laid on it so now I take it out and set it by my pillow. But then, I put it on before I get up. The other time, I had it on under a sweatshirt. I was wiping off my cupboard and on the big counter, I must have leaned over too far. To my surprise, they called me to see if I was okay. Otherwise, it’s fine.

Hi, Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Consumer Affairs review. Your feedback is important to us.

How wonderful that your children decided to purchase a BlueStar unit for you! To avoid setting off your unit at night, we suggest you keep your unit nearby you at night inside of its charger. If you happen to wake up and have an emergency, your unit will accessible.

Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-300-1724 if you have any further questions.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

BlueStar's advertisement convinced me to get a medical alert system, and I needed one. I have a low blood pressure problem. It was my family who got and paid for BlueStar for me. The first day I had it, I tested it and they were supposed to call everybody, tell them it was a test and cancel my call. However, ten minutes later, the cops were here, asking all kinds of questions. It was quite embarrassing. All kinds of people started calling too and I've been afraid to test it since. I was considering that I'll give it another test but I want to call them first and let them know I'm going to do a test. They really should check in calling out their tests and get it together a little better on that.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

BlueStar called every so often to find out if I was okay. One time when my daughter and I were in Wal-Mart and my grandson pushed the SOS button, I got a call from them and I said, "No, my grandson might have pushed the button. I'm okay." There were also a couple of times where my device is sitting on the dresser and I was watching TV and all of a sudden I heard a ringing and someone talking through the device. They were asking for somebody. When I called BlueStar, they said that they would take care of it. Apparently, somebody by mistake got into that number but BlueStar took care of it right away. They're wonderful and I'd recommend them to everyone that needed the device to help them because they were right on the spot. However, I no longer have BlueStar. I cancelled the program and sent them back the device because I moved and started living with my daughter.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I stick my BlueStar device with me and if it has no battery signal they know. I recently acquired a scooter so I got it. A couple of times I've been out and there's been some trouble and nobody got to call me and they called the ambulance. It’s an excellent device for older people like myself to have and I would advice all that needed it to acquire one.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My parents live here with me and I wanted them to have a little extra something so we ordered a medical alert device. We chose BlueStar HonorCare since it's veteran owned and operated. So far, they've been fine.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I'm an amputee and I fall a whole bunch of times. I'm also a diabetic and I would pass out along with having some diabetic issues. I definitely needed a medical alert device and BlueStar's was cheaper than anybody else. They were also friendly and knowledgeable. When I had to use it, they told me that they were calling somebody and it wasn’t long until somebody was here. Then I knew it really worked. They've been caring and trustworthy. I feel more secure when I'm left alone and right at home.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I love BlueStar with all my heart because they are there for you. They help veterans and their children. My father was a veteran and I have four brothers who were in the military, so I know that they are good. I take my device wherever I go and I have a list of family members on there. If anything happens to me, I will push the button and they'll get in touch with my family. They're very nice. When one of my grandchildren would knock off the device from the charger, they would call me and let me know that my batteries are running low. I recommend it to anybody that's been in the military. They go beyond the call of duty. When they tell you they're going to do something, they do it.

Hi, Clara,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Consumer Affairs review on behalf of BlueStar. Your feedback is important to our company!

We are so happy to learn that you are enjoying your BlueStar! Our company was founded by a retired Navy rear admiral! Our mission is to look out for our veterans, seniors and veteran families. We are glad to know that your device provides you with the security to live safe, healthy and connected.

If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out by calling us at 1-800-300-1724.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I’ve had BlueStar Veterans for a while. I had a different one before that and BlueStar seemed more prompt. They are also courteous and very caring. Even when I accidentally pushed the button, they responded to me. But the biggest reason why I got BlueStar is that I needed it because of the veterans. Also, I got it for the fact that there’s always somebody on the other end. I had knee surgery and I was having a lot of problems walking and with my balance. I live in an RV park and we use a shower in the building. And so, a lot of times, I wear my device and I like it because it’s waterproof for one thing and it’s like having my buddy with me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I had two back surgeries in 2015 and I fell. I had to call 911 and it took everyone to get here. But with the BlueStar, all I do is press the button and I'm quite sure they will respond real quick. I am also a diabetic and I'm getting ready to go through knee surgery within the next couple of months. So, it’s going to really come in handy. It’s very easy to use, efficient and reliable. My daughter was a marine so I got the BlueStar and I’ve been very satisfied with my experience.

When I ordered the device, they sent me one that worked with a landline but I don't have a house phone and I only have a cellphone. So, then they sent me the one to go around my neck. It was a matter of days before I received it so I was very satisfied with that. They had to call to remind me to do a test straight. And I've had two phone calls checking to make sure that my device was working. Everybody that I talked to has been very nice to me. If I had any question, they took the time to explain anything that I didn’t understand. And I really appreciate it. I also received a 4th of July card that was very nice.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had fallen and I broke my ankles and then the next time, I broke my knees. Somebody heard about it and they emailed me about Bluestar. I trust the brand and Bluestar is an honorable system. I've spoken to one of the gentlemen from Bluestar several times. They were very courteous, very sleek and I felt very comfortable with them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had a different brand before and it didn't work out of the house but my Bluestar did and I can travel with it. I called their reps once because I felt that I wasn't able to get myself up. Also, I have bumped it a couple of times but I haven't had to use it yet. I would recommend them to a friend.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

BlueStar HonorCare had the cheapest medical alert system. Their team are nice and congenial people.

Hi, E.J.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Your feedback is important to us!

I left you a voicemail today to learn more about your review. Please contact us at 1-800-300-1724 at your convenience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My son works for BlueStar and he recommended the device to me and he got it for my sister, too. The two of us have it though she has a different type, it gives us a sense of security. I'm 81 and I have a hard time with my balance and I lose it easily. During the day I'm by myself so I wanted it for that reason. I was home the other Sunday and I had just come out of the bathroom. I came back into the bedroom and there was nothing for me to stumble over or fall over. The next thing I know, I was sitting on the floor, just plopped down. I didn't break my fall and I wasn't aware I was going to fall. I ended up on the floor and I didn't have my device on. It was on a bed stand table. When my son found out, he got upset with me because I didn't have it on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I had to call 911 a couple times and I didn’t have a device, and it was something that shocked me. I called up BlueStar and the price was right. They were also friendly and very nice. They would answer any questions and take care of any problems I might have.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I’m 88 years old and by myself. My daughter got BlueStar Veterans for me and it is around my neck. It makes me feel more comfortable and secure.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I live alone in an apartment and have a number of health problems. I had an open heart surgery in December 2005 and bypass operation the year after it. I also have diabetes such that my legs are somewhat dark and I have the tingling and the pain in the toes a little bit. I have some numbness in my hands, in my jaws, in my neck and my throat and jaws swell a little bit. I have a problem with breathing at times, too. I used to have a medical alert with a cellphone then it was gone. I can’t get out and do much anymore.

Yet because of my health situation, I got the BlueStar. But I am currently unsatisfied with it and the biggest problem is figuring out the time on charging. I was told it can go for four days when I got it, but all of a sudden I’m only having it for two days at most. I also get a call from somebody most of the time telling me to charge the battery, which is nice. But if I have to charge the battery so often, that means I only get a short time with the use of it. I don’t understand why they would put a machine with a few days and it’s wasting my money so I’m thinking about sending it back.

Good Afternoon, John,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Consumer Affairs review on behalf of our company.

It was a pleasure to speak with you today, and thank you for all your excellent feedback. We value our customer's input; we use the information you provide us to improve our day-to-day operations.

We are happy to honor our financial agreement that we reached today and look forward to maintaining you as a customer. We'll be sure to monitor your unit for any malfunctions. As we discussed today, if your unit has any further charging issues, we would be happy to exchange your current unit for another.

Please contact BlueStar at 1-800-300-1724 if you have any further questions or concerns.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I got the BlueStar medical alert device through the mail and I liked it. I can wear BlueStar anywhere except for swimming. My mother has an alert system and she can wear hers all over but it’s only effective inside the house. It doesn't respond to her if she falls outside, and I didn't want that. I love BlueStar because I have the freedom to move around not only in my home but wherever and if I fall or faint they can find me and send any help. Also, it’s a veteran-owned company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

BlueStar's price seemed good and the product seemed to be what I was looking for. They also have a good program but I have cancelled with them. I found one that was about half of the price and doing the exact same thing. I'm 73 and on a fixed income, so I have to watch all of those things. I felt that I should go ahead with the cheaper ones since it would give me the same service. But I had a very good experience with BlueStar and I have recommended them to several friends.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I got a medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare. It's a fob I wear around the neck where I can mash the button. However, if I wear it and lean over and reach across to get something, I can accidentally engage the button. It's good and bad because BlueStar will respond or call and say, "Are you having an emergency?" but that's an acceptable annoyance. Also, each one of these devices apparently has a unique phone number and the people that don't have anything better to do randomly pick numbers and call for robo-calling or misdials the number. BlueStar HonorCare needs to work their technology to block all incoming calls except the call that originates from their base. There was also this one time when I accidentally set the device off and 15 minutes later, somebody called me back, which in my opinion was too much of a delay. But even so, they were quick.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bluestar has been great and I highly recommend them. They're veterans and they've served us. They continue to help us and using them is a way of paying them back. Plus they gave us a good deal. My husband Bob carries the device on him. He has senile dementia, and I'm not sure how much the device is going to help us because he forgets that he wears that button. If he gets lost, I'm worried that he's not going to remember to punch that button. Though Bob hasn't needed to push the button. We've been forgetting to check in and have the system checked, but we'll start doing that now. Overall Bluestar has been very helpful and respectful. They've given us good information with the service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I looked around and tried to find something inexpensive for security, and I had seen BlueStar on television. When I saw the button on their device, it was what I liked. It was also cheaper than AT&T as BlueStar was $32 which I felt good about. Also, I knew what BlueStar was doing for veterans so I bought the device from them. The interactions with their team were fine. Somebody called me once as they wanted the device activated. They said that I needed to charge my button and I told them I would do that as soon as I can. I'm having a fantastic time with my medical alert device and I feel very secure with it. When I go places, I don't feel afraid. If anything would happen to me, I have it around my neck and I can get to it, so it's a very good thing. Overall, having BlueStar was a very good way of doing two things in one - having a security button and having a contribution to the veterans.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have atrial fibrillation and I was afraid of falling. I had an alert device before and it wasn’t as small as my BlueStar service button. It was a little bit big but it was all right. I had a place for it and I never had to charge it. And the least little touch on it, they were on there. But it didn’t have the GPS system so I made the switch. I thought I would like the GPS system that BlueStar had. But they didn’t tell me that it had to be charged when I first ordered it. I didn’t like that it had to be charged every four to six days because what if I needed it during the time that it was being charged?

Then one day, I was sitting here and it said the battery was low so I charged it. Then I had it on one day when it started popping and crackling. So I took it off and after a couple of days, recharged it again and then put the device back on. I tested it and nothing happened. I tried again a couple of days later and nothing happened. I pressed it about four times and didn’t get any response. So I took it off because nobody’s paying any attention and canceled it today. BlueStar is not reliable and I'm very dissatisfied.

Hi, Shirley,

We are sorry to learn that you are dissatisfied with your BlueStar services. While we understand that you have indicated that you would like to return, we will be in touch again to discuss how we could have made your experience a better one.

BlueStar HonorCare Company Information