BlueStar HonorCare

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Virgil, thank you for taking time to offer a review. We are happy that you are satisfied with your BlueStar alert, and hope you are finding peace of mind knowing that help is nearby when you need it.

Call us at 800-300-1724 if you ever have any questions....we are here for you!

Kind regards,

Kristin & the BlueStar team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I’m 79 years old, live by myself, had a stroke before, have diabetes now and anything can happen. I was very impressed with BlueStar HonorCare because they dealt with veterans and I'm one, so I picked them. The people that I’ve dealt with were very nice and helpful. One time, we had an appointment with one of the individuals at Comcast, but it ended up with the Comcast guy calling me from his personal cell phone. I was given a follow up on it, so that’s really good. All my questions were answered as well. I’m pretty satisfied with the service so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network)

Thank you for taking time to offer a review, Veronica. We're happy that you are happy with your BlueStar device and our service, too!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I have been stumbling and I was afraid that I might be somewhere and fall. I got BlueStar and it's been good. The sales rep and everybody has been very courteous. Even the lady when I called in to check the device was really nice.

I have a husband that's almost 85 years old and he has Alzheimer's disease. I began to think about if something happened to me, he won't be able to call for help. I thought that a medical alert device was the safest thing for both of us that I could manage. BlueStar was what I was looking for and they were very courteous and helpful, so that helped me to decide when I did. As a patriotic citizen we're always ready to help our veterans with their projects.

Everything's been calm as far as the use of the BlueStar device and the experience I've had has been very positive. There was an accidental use of it and I just told them it was an accident, but they responded very quickly. I also did a test run when we first got it and the response was almost instant. I had to call for help about my machine one time and the guy that helped me was very nice and got it worked out. I feel more secure knowing that I have some help at my fingertips, and that gives me more peace of mind.

I liked BlueStar's price and presentation, so I went with them. I haven't had any experience with it for emergency, but I pushed the button on accident and the people from BlueStar were right there. The only thing is that the help button is bulky.

I'm only 5'6 1/2" but I have six-footer legs and arms. I had one of those high beds and one night and within an hour, I fell out of this thing twice and landed on my neck. Then I'm the only person in the house who has an extremely excellent hearing. Everybody else is partially deaf. So, we've got loud TV, snoring and all that. When I start hollering for help, nobody hears me so that's why I got the BlueStar button. I also have Vertigo. Sometimes, there are certain parts of the day like early in the morning when I get up to make breakfast, I'm not too steady 'cause I haven't taken my pills. So, I put it on and go downstairs in the kitchen. I'm also a Home Care tenant so I bring breakfast upstairs and I wear that just in case.

I had it on while sleeping and hit the button on accident. I must have been dreaming something because the next thing I know, there's an ambulance at the door. I was impressed. My old man came upstairs he said to take it off. So now, what I do is I sleep with it on the table next to me. Then their people would call and they let me know when the battery is low because I don't pay attention. I would recommend it to a friend if I knew somebody who needed one. With the few times that I wore it out, they would ask what that is and I explained to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

I was living alone and I was nervous that I could pass out and no one would know. I then got a medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare. Their reps were very nice, and customer service was excellent. I recently canceled my subscription, but I had a little bit of peace of mind. I'm going to have someone living with me. So, it'll be different as far as me needing a third-party. Overall, BlueStar is a nice company.

I was sticking around the house too much. I wanted to be able to go back out on my wheelchair and be able to have the access to help if I needed it. BlueStar HonorCare was cheap and I'm a veteran so it's all good to me. I haven't hit it on accident because the SOS button is very clear. But, when I tested the device as soon as I got it all charged up, they responded very quickly. Since having the device I had more peace of mind. It has been a wonderful experience and I have also recommended several people to BlueStar.

I'm an 88-year-old parent that's on her own and needed a medical alert device. I saw that BlueStar had GIS location and it was perfect. I've only tested it and the people there were super nice. They answer quickly, were helpful and super accommodating. It's been okay so far.

I got a better offer with BlueStar HonorCare than anyone else so I selected them. One day I was sorting it up. I messed around and mashed the button and they took no time to respond. The device is also easy to carry around. My experience with BlueStar has been great and I like it.

BlueStar HonorCare were always courteous and their response time has been excellent. However, I have to send it back in. So I'm waiting for a little while longer before I get it again, but I'll get the smaller version. This version doesn't have a fall and they automatically know it, which will make the unit smaller. But there are a few things I got to do and I've got to wait for it. Other than that, everybody's been very nice, and the return label came back working fine. I also got a callback and they said everything was perfectly fit with the unit. I have recommended it to several people.

BlueStar Veterans have been very responsive to my needs when I called them and it didn't take four or five weeks for them to get me the alert thing, activate it and get me set and secure with it. However, the sign says it's gonna be a key lockbox and an in-home system plus the one that you wear with, but all I got is the one that you wear. Also sometimes it goes off on its own and they answer and I tell them there's not an emergency problem. It was doing that a lot when I first got it, then eventually they got rid of that problem. I'm doing well with it.

I have a husband who has balance problems and falls periodically and I wanted to make sure that if I'm not around, somebody could take care of him. I talked to other organizations but I chose BlueStar HonorCare because I felt really good that it was all run by veterans. When I got it, they told me to test it to make sure that it would work in my area and if we changed areas, we should check there also. So I checked it one time and it worked fine. The gentleman picked up the phone. It took a little longer than I thought it might be but I don't know anything about those things and it was still a matter of seconds. So, it wasn't any significant amount of time lost. It was also very interesting and pretty cool when I asked how much would it cost if my husband, for some reason, breaks the monitor and the guy said to not worry about it. I won't have to replace it because they've never had one break. I now have a lot more peace of mind when I'm not there.

I got two knee replacements and found myself falling often so I looked into getting a medical alert device. Since I've gotten BlueStar HonorCare device, I'm more confident knowing that I've something I can fall back on. I have tested it a few times and the response time was excellent. They've always been courteous and professional.

I liked the price and that there was no contract, so I got the medical alert service of BlueStar. I had friends who were paying upward to $69. I now live in the country and I was going down my lane, and I had the device on. I had barely snapped the seat belt when this voice goes, "Are you okay?" I said, "Yeah. Who is this? Do I need to pull over? Am I hallucinating?" She starts laughing and says, "No. This is BlueStar. Your thing went off." So, we know that it works.

My son's friend is a police officer in Williams Bay, Wisconsin and he said, "Somebody had one and he was 41. He happened to walk into his living room, and he tripped and hit his head on the coffee table, and this knocked him out and cut his head severe enough. But his alarm went off and the emergency rescue people got there and said that he'd have bled to death within a half hour if he didn't have that. So, anybody alone should have one." I live on a farm and I have been knocked out myself twice in the milk house. Since I have gotten the medical alert service, I've been very satisfied and have recommended it.

With BlueStar, you get more for your buck. There is somebody with me but having the device gives me a lot more security even if I'm by myself.

BlueStar Veterans gave me a good deal and overall, I’m very happy with them. Their guy was really nice on the phone. However, the device is a little bit sensitive. It goes off several times and I'm definitely having them to answer my call a little bit more than I wish I did. But they responded very quickly and have been really nice about answering my call and just checking if everything's okay.

A lot of BlueStar's appeal to me had to do with the guy that told me that he was from the navy. He also told me about the person that had served the original BlueStar and I have a lot of family who's in the navy so that really intrigued me a lot, too. I've recommended the company even if I haven't had to use it yet. I got a thing in the mail about referrals and I talked to some people last night and also mailed it to them.

Sometimes, I lay on the BlueStar device when I'm sleeping and it calls by accident a lot in the beginning because I didn't understand fully how it worked. But everybody seemed to be nice with me when I do that. They also call me to let me know how to charge it when the battery is low. They're good about that. I try to charge it a bit every couple of days but somehow, I miss it. As far as I know, the device works fine.

I'd fallen in the bath tub and outside so I looked into getting a medical alert device. Everybody else had been yelling at me about getting one and I had been looking at it with several different companies. BlueStar called me and I selected their service because it's military-associated. The price is right and I know the service is there. Plus my neighbor next door is on my emergency list, so everything is set in case something happens.

I saw BlueStar HonorCare on TV and selected it for my medical alert device because I was concerned about being home alone. When I call their staff to do a check, they respond quickly and are professional.

I have vertigo and fell a couple of time so I looked for a medical alert device. BlueStar called me and I went with them since I have veterans in my family. I've used it by accident a couple of times and their response time was very fast. They've been very responsive and even the person that was getting me the equipment was very good. They give me more peace of mind.

I’m partially paralyzed and fell out of bed once. I couldn't get up and I had to crawl to a telephone in my house and told fire department to come over and help me. So, I thought that it might be better if I had some equipment on me. I went for BlueStar medical alert device due to the fact that it’s a veteran’s thing. The equipment, cost and its simplicity were also factors in my decision. I was just sent a pin unlike the other businesses which had all kinds of devices that need to be hooked up and maintained. I called in to test it and usually try to do it monthly to make sure everything is in working order but the response time was a little slow. Also I had a question but there are some administrative concerns that their team doesn’t have information for. Nevertheless, I've recommended it to a friend.

I'm being treated for high blood pressure, cholesterol and the lower version of sugar before you get to the next stage, diabetes. And last year I experienced so much health issues that my legs and things begin to give out on me, and I wasn't sure what was wrong. I was also having dizzy spells and then, I also live alone in my apartment and there are no family and friends around me. So, I was concerned that if I wasn't able to dial my phone number to call someone, that I would at least be able to alert an emergency service that I need some help.

I work part time and do the Rocket games and events. And I've worn it a couple of times there when it was not my good day and I was afraid I might pass out. When I originally had to do the test, I hit the button and they responded quickly. And since then, I haven't had to hit the button. However, it was weird when one day a woman was talking to me through it and I hadn’t touched a button. And then she said she must have had the wrong number. Other than that, I feel comfortable enough to know that if something occurred and as long as I'm able to push the button, then I believe their response would be immediate. I would recommend BlueStar.

Hi, Mr. Taylor -

Thank you for taking the time to submit BlueStar a review. We appreciate reading that our BlueStar staff was able to provide you a positive customer experience.

It was a pleasure to speak with you today regarding the issue that you expressed in your original review about your the response of the device. In the event that your unit responds again the same as before, please contact us at your earliest convenience; one of our customer service representatives will work with you to resolve the issue.

We are confident that our medical alert devices will always provide you loved one with the protection they need to feel secure.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-300-1724 if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I wanted to get an emergency system and BlueStar came up second besides the Life Alert so I decided to give them a try before I try the Life Alert. BlueStar's staff is great and really nice. The response time last time was slow and I was thinking about switching but we spoke to somebody who explained how and why sometimes it takes a little time to respond. Nonetheless, it's great knowing somebody you love is taken care of and that we can rely on the system to be there for us and God forbid if anything should happen. We just wanted to have that reliability and a medical system that really, really responds and understands our medical condition as well as not slow to respond to our emergency if need be.

I’m a retired Navy admiral and I live by myself so I got myself a BlueStar HonorCare medical alert. I have their device checked every month and I like their customer service. They’re good.

When I pushed the medical alert device by accident, the guys doing the day shift responded right away. However, the evening crew was messed up. The night I had an emergency, they were slow to respond. Then they go on calling me back on the phone. I said, “Now what if I couldn’t get to my cell phone?” They got the EMTs and were going to contact at the home office. Then they called me back on the BlueStar Button. I figured they’d already taken care of it but I said “This is confusing.” Still, I will recommend them to a friend.

I’m a retired military and when I spoke to the BlueStar HonorCare reps, I felt the kinship with them. I’m really very happy with the company. I accidentally set the alert device off once and their reps were very good in responding and telling me the things I needed to be careful of so that I don't set it off. Dealing with them has been pleasant and they were very courteous. Everything has been exactly as they told me it would be. We had a trial period, and our interaction with their reps and their responses were definitely a deciding factor of keeping it or not because if we don’t get good service, we certainly don’t want to be with the company like that for our emergency response team. I have recommended BlueStar to some friends

Hi, Ms. Francis -

It was a pleasure to speak with you today. We appreciate you submitting a review. Feedback is important to us; it only helps us to become more responsive to our customers' needs.

We are happy to hear that you placed a test call, albeit even by accident. Our monitoring center is equipped to provide you around-the-clock services, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

As we discussed earlier today, we believe we have corrected the issue with your device receiving phone calls. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result. Moreover, I mailed you a copy of your emergency protection agreement.

Please contact us at 1-800-300-1724 if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

My doctor got in touch with BlueStar since he wanted me to have their device because I had been passing out. A couple of times, they've called letting me know my battery was dead. Somehow the device got pushed one time and they asked me if everything was okay. They were pretty helpful all around. The only thing that gets annoying is they call all the time for me to take and buy things. But overall, I'm very satisfied with it.

I fell and broke my wrist the day before Thanksgiving. Then somebody from BlueStar called me, and I decided that I needed a medical alert service and went with them. But I have some questions. I pushed the alert button several times about two weeks ago, but nothing happened. I don't know if I'm supposed to hold the button down for a little bit. Then I put the alert device on charge, but it didn't seem to take the charge. So, I called BlueStar and some guy told me to charge it in to that little thing on the left side of the unit that goes around my neck. Anyway, it's acting all right. I tested the callback and a rep came on. But I'd like to know when to recharge the medical alert device, and if that's when the little button or green light quits blinking. The instructions said, "Charge it every four to six days." They told me that the alert service would work anywhere, but I have never checked it yet outside of my house and I don’t know how.

Resolution In Progress

Good Morning, Ms. Upchurch -

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We take customer feedback seriously, and we're always striving to do our best for our customers and improve where we can. Your review is especially important to us.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to connect today to discuss some of the issues you listed in your review. As we discussed on the phone, our company policy is to collect payment before shipping. Once we receive payment, we ship you the device.

We did receive your emergency protection agreement with your three listed emergency contacts. Your device was shipped fully activated, but the emergency protection agreement ensures greater protection in the event that you have an emergency.

Thank you for taking the time to place a test call with me today. My suggestion to you is to place a test call every two weeks - just to be sure the unit is working properly. If you ever discover any issues with your unit, you can reach our customer service team at 1-800-300-1724.

It was truly a pleasure to speak with you today. We are grateful to you for your military service and we thank you for being a BlueStar customer.

Semper Fi!

Director of Customer Service

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I like the fact that I can actually wear my BlueStar device. Also, it's not just set up for at home because I do have to go out for a time. I have COPD and I have to have oxygen both at home and out and I do have a risk of falling sometimes. The only thing was that they misquoted me because I was already charged the second month before this service was fully activated, which was when they got my medical alert statement. So, I'd have been charged too much. I don’t like giving my money away for something that I'm not gonna be getting the service for.

BlueStar HonorCare (formerly Blue Star Veterans Network) Company Profile