4.65/5
  • 1 star
Based on 636 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a medical alert system?

BlueStar HonorCare

BlueStar HonorCare is a veteran-owned business on a mission to provide seniors the best value on products and services that improve their lives and help maintain their independence throughout their golden years.

Our medical alert systems are the lowest priced in the industry and our satisfaction guarantee makes us the preferred choice among senior veterans and non-veterans alike.

Our prices range from only $28.95 per month for an in and around the home device to $44.95 monthly for a mobile device with built-in state-of-the-art Fall Detection. Our most popular device is mobile, water resistant and is the smallest, lightest on the market and it is just $39.95 a month. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available. No long term contracts, only month-to-month. Free use of equipment, free shipping, free setup, free activation, you pay only for the 24/7 professional U.S. based monitoring that is just a press of a button away.

BlueStar HonorCare Gallery (6)
    A+BBB Rating
    FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Dec. 29, 2017

642 BlueStar HonorCare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have had all kinds of falls. I had a stroke when I was between 67 and 68 and I have fallen off and on that was why my son got BlueStar. I just use it, go about my business and put it in my pocket. BlueStar reps would tell me that I had overstayed my minutes and I should plug it in. I would recommend it if I had friends who are my age.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have been wearing BlueStar and it seems to be working all right. My wife bought it and we chose BlueStar because it works in our location and a lot of the others don’t. I usually charge it every other day and they also called me to let me know when my battery was low. BlueStar has been fine so far.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I’m dissatisfied with BlueStar HonorCare as it only works in my apartment, but not outside. I fall a lot and had a stroke. I'm outside often so I got one that works anywhere and I’m paying for it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have a medical condition, so I take a walker with me to bed and everywhere I go to keep me from falling. I got used to the BlueStar device after a bit. I put it around my neck and away I go. But I have to charge the device every day because the dumb thing tells me on the directions that I should charge it every four to six days. I thought maybe there was something wrong with it. Nevertheless, I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I had a medical thing before and its battery died so I gave it up and kept a few bucks. I sent it back and got the Ranger device from BlueStar. I’ve tested it out and BlueStar's team responded fast and they were nice. I wear my device around my neck and I never go outside without it. I’m home by myself quite a bit and sometimes, I go walking outside. I feel a lot better having the device because I know if I fall outside, I can push the button and somebody will come and get me. I’d recommend BlueStar to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I fell in a bathtub and tore some ligament in my left knee. After that, I ended up deciding to get the BlueStar alert system because I've already got a fractured hip that if I fall, my bones are so fragile that they could break. The BlueStar team explained how the system works. They can monitor me with a map, and they can find me with GPS. I'll be out on the road as well, so I selected them.

There's a guy who works for them and he told me that if I had any problems, just call it in. But I haven't had any problems. So I just wear it, plug it in and it charges. I then take it and hook in on my coat or my shirt. So far, I'm enjoying it because I have no worries now. In case I fall, then I know that if I push that button, they'll be right there. And I'd recommend it to anybody. I have a friend who's going to be traveling with me and she's going to give it a try. Once she gets the cash, she's going to order it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

It’s been two months since I got my BlusStar Ranger. They said put it in the spot where it stays and I got it all in there. I can just hook it up and charge it. Also, if something happen, they call my grandson. I recommend BlueStar. I told the older ones that this would be much better.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I have family members that were in the military and BlueStar's cost is much lower than the other companies. It's more convenient to use, too. I have their Ranger product and when I accidentally bumped it a couple of times, they responded quickly. They were sweet people and it was so easy to talk to them. They were very helpful and I really appreciated them. They were the best and if I knew somebody that needed a service like this, I would most definitely recommend BlueStar.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I don’t have a really good health. I've had four heart attacks, I'm diabetic, I have asthma and I fell at times. I'm also living by myself now and I felt like I needed some kind of a safeguard in case I got sick or fell while I was by myself. A friend of mine told me about BlueStar and I ordered the Ranger. It gives me and my children peace of mind. I've tested it and I've talked to the BlueStar people because I made some mistakes and set it off when I wasn’t planning on it. Sometimes I just lean into something and it pushes the button and sets it off. The reps were right on it, called me and were polite and they made sure there wasn’t anything wrong. I like the device and found it to be a very satisfying piece of equipment. It makes me feel very secure.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I'm very unsteady on my feet, fall quite often, and I'm by myself so I've felt that the medical alert is really something important. When BlueStar HonorCare sent me a card in the mail, I called them up and now I've had their medical alert for over a month. I wear it all the time and I appreciate the fact that I feel very secure with it. It started out good and there were times that the BlueStar team had to call me up and tell that the device was low on batteries. I charged it up right away but then I got to the point that they called on a steady basis and I have to charge it every 24 hours. So they sent me a new charger which came yesterday, and I'm hoping the battery will now last longer. The BlueStar team has been great and wonderful. Also, I've talked to a woman before and she has a grandmother who refuses to do anything she says. I told her how great the BlueStar medical alert is, gave her the telephone number, and that I really recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I was reading up on medical alert systems, and thought that it would be a good thing to do because sometimes, I’m home alone by myself. If I do go out to different places, my son thought that I might need it too because I always talk to him about it. Even my daughter was glad that I decided to get one because I have a problem with walking with my knees, and she worries about me all the time. I got the ranger medical alert from BlueStar Veterans, and it’s a good thing to have if you’re all by yourself a lot of the times. So, if I’d have an accident, I’d have it and it would be helpful. I haven’t had to use it for anything yet. But, I figured that if I did, they’ve got all my information, and I think that they would respond pretty good with it.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had a Medical Alert but they treated me so mean and I got rid of it. I sent the device back to them then they had made me pay $75, saying it was lost. But it wasn't lost because the mailman mailed for me. I tried BlueStar. I like it because no matter what happens, I can get help with it when I fall and can't get up. I've been keeping it on the charger a lot and and it's really good. I called them every week to ask if they got the money when I gave them a check because somebody beat them to it. Medical Alert went into the bank and took out some so I had to put some money into it again for BlueStar.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My wife has two types of cancer, and she’s walking around with a walker and a cane. In the beginning, she started falling down all the time, so we decided to get a medical alert device. I’ve called a few different companies, and the Ranger Medical Alert from BlueStar Veterans is an all-around better product than most products out there. I’ve had one from another company, which I paid more money for, but it didn’t do a whole lot. If I went away on vacation, I couldn’t use it. It also didn’t have other features like being waterproof.

When I called BlueStar, I liked what the representative had to say, and he talked me into getting one. And now that we have it, my wife is more independent, and we are worrying less. I called up on test mode, and they were perfect. And when I went on vacation and tried it down at Cape Cod, it worked perfectly as well. Then they told me that anywhere I go to try it, everything will be alright. BlueStar has got good service, and it’ll be the best money you’ll ever spend. Once you get it, you’ll never have to worry about your loved ones.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

BlueStar's product is a wonderful thing to have and I have recommended them to every organization I belong to. They cope with the veterans and give them a discount. I'm 73 and I fell. I also have a lot of issues so I got their medical alert. But they put a thing on the doorknob and the keys on the door don't work. Every time I walk into the door, it's open and it's not closing right. I've had two already and neither one worked. So that's not good. I couldn't get back to their reps for some reason, too. My phone wouldn't work and it kept calling 911 for me. The button also wouldn't work. Finally, I got my granddaughter on my phone to help me with that.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Aside from being sick, I've been operated on for cancer. I live by myself, too. The device is very good, and the people from BlueStar are nice. They talk to me and explain everything. They also call me when something's going wrong or to let me know when my battery is low, which happened to me one time.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I recommend BlueStar. It’s just that it’s so sensitive. When I hit something, it goes crazy. But it's worth having. When it goes off they respond right away. I feel comfortable with BlueStar. A friend of mine is going to take the same thing for her father.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I'm deaf in one ear and not too swift in the other one, so I have to buy hearing aids. I got two of my daughters living here with me now but I am still going off by myself and I got leery of going out to drive. When I'm right at the house, I can fall off the bed and hurt myself. My daughter and I were looking to see what we thought did best and it was BlueStar, and it's important to have their medical alert in any way, shape, or form that we can because they deserve support. Since I got it, it made me feel a little more secure knowing that I got somebody with reach. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I am a senior citizen and I do a lot of gardening. Sometimes, I use my BlueStar pendant when I go to my garden because I'm afraid that something might happen and I want to have something to at least get help with if needed. The first time that I received this pendant, I called several times because I felt that it was not working very well. They explained everything to me and everybody tried to help me when I needed some direction.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

BlueStar was thorough, and it sounds like they keep their customers in mind of what's going on, and very straight with them. I tried their device that I can use in the shower, but it's bulky. They have to hook up to the telephone, and I can't really get much help while I'm outside. It wasn't for me. I have the BlueStar Ranger and I'm really happy. I charge it up at night, and if I go anywhere during the day, I can stick it in my pocket or my purse. It's about the size of a dollar. I have it with me all the time. I've checked the device, and they were right on top of everything that's going on. I could have worn it around my neck or wrist, too. An adapter was there where I could wear it either way. I'd tell my friends to go for Bluestar. It's a matter of keeping it charged up and knowing it's there for you when you need it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I had a stroke and heart surgeries five years ago. And I thought it would be good to have a medical alert device. The only thing I've done with my BlueStar HonorCare medical alert device was to make a test call and the BlueStar team was good. They've also called me twice telling me that they were getting a signal that the device's battery was running low even though it has been on the charger all the time. But everything worked right other than that.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Someone I knew had a BlueStar device and I was wondering what it was. I figured maybe I need one of those. I had medical problems and wanted to make sure I'm in contact with somebody to get me to the hospital. I'm retiring my BlueStar device, though. I'm not seeing what I expected from it. I've had the device for a year and I've reached out to the BlueStar team three or four times. Whenever I have an issue, I press the button, and it takes an hour for them to get to me. I don't think I'll recommend BlueStar. There's other things out there besides that.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I got BlueStar HonorCare's Ranger medical alert device before I went to the hospital. I had a weakness in my leg coming from my back and I may fall so I was trying out the medical alert. It has a GPS and they told me somebody would come if I press the button. Then I was in the hospital for about a month for a back surgery and I haven’t used the medical alert. Yet I’d recommend it to anybody who’d want one and looks like they need one. There’s nothing wrong with it and it’s a nice thing to have.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I got the Ranger medical alert device through BlueStar instead of AARP. BlueStar was a little bit cheaper and has nationwide service, which a lot of others don’t. I've had the Ranger device for about a year now and having it, I can go outside. I’m absolutely thrilled with it and I love that they can find me when I’m in trouble or I’m sick no matter where I am in another town or state. I have a heart disease, COPD, and cardio vascular disease, and when I requested help with the button, BlueStar provided an absolutely excellent response service. They did an excellent job making the other phone calls to my family members, which turned out to be all that I needed. My family members were able to take care of it for me. Also, I have accidentally pushed the button before and they were extremely nice and didn’t seem short tempered or upset with me that I had made a mistake and wasted their time. I tell my friends to go with BlueStar.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I'm a diabetic and sometimes I feel like I'm going to fall on over. And being 70 now, I need something to use in case anything happens. BlueStar's offer seemed like a better deal that the others so I got their device. Every now and then, I check it to see it it's still working or if the battery is low. And so far, it's working as well as it could.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I kept on falling and had to call the emergency ambulance to get up. I had my phone outside when I fell, so after that, I tried to find one that would fit in my suit and decided to try the Ranger medical alert from BlueStar, which I’ve heard about from a friend. It’s handy, and I know that I can grab it when I need to. I’ve been with them for almost three months now. And though I haven’t used it yet, my grandkids have pushed it. So, I had to tell BlueStar that it was an accident, and that it was a false alarm. Nonetheless, their response time was quick, and they were courteous and polite.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I am a cripple and I still take care of myself in my own home and having BlueStar is one of my better decisions. I feel safer with it though I haven’t had to use it. I pressed my BlueStar Ranger to test it and see if it was dead or not and they came on line right away. I’m happy with it. If I have a problem and it worked, then God bless it.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I’m 75 years old and I go outside a lot. So, I figured that I should get a medical alert device. My wife’s got a BlueStar, so I picked this one, and she’s got one. Their representatives are professional, and they’ve been attentive as far as letting me know if the battery is dead, or is about to die. They’ve given me a phone call to check on it. They’ve also called me a few times on it to let me know that either I bumped it, or that the dog stepped on it when he was getting on my lap and triggered it, and we really appreciated those calls. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I could be anywhere and my BlueStar button would help me if I needed help. I'm left alone a lot and I could buzz out somewhere that they would be right there to help me. One day, my great grandbaby who is two, accidentally pressed my button. They called me right away to see if I was all right and it really made me feel secure. The person that I talked to also made me feel comfortable. Even when I initially called them about the button, whoever I talked to was very nice to me. I've told a few friends that fell about BlueStar. I told them they'd never know the day would come that they were going to need it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I had a seizure and I needed a medical alert button. I liked the cost of the BlueStar Veteran device and I have it for three months now. I used it one time when I had to go to the hospital and they responded in 15 minutes. Everything went well.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

When I called about BluStar, they told me it was all veterans that took care of it. I knew it had to be good because my husband, my father-in-law, my sons and my grandsons are all veterans. I stick with the veterans with everything I can. I had my BlueStar in my purse and my dog sat on my purse and set it off. They sent everybody to my house and I wasn’t even here. I was at the Moon’s Lodge. They notified my grandson and then my son called me. I got in my car and it rang again so I talked to them and I told them what had happened. They said they already sent somebody to the house. My daughter-in-law told me that they said it was low battery, reason they could not find me on at the Moon’s Lodge.

I brought it home and I put on charge soon as I brought it home. Sometimes, it beeps for nothing. When I put it on the charger, it becomes red and green and then the red goes right off. But I usually leave it on there. In the night time, when I go to bed, I leave it on charged because I got my phone right by the bed anyway. I would recommend them. If you need it, get it.

BlueStar HonorCare Company Information

www.bluestarhonorcare.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use