toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

BlueStar HonorCare

So glad to hear you're getting some fishing in Jerry! More importantly, it's good that you have an extra layer of protection wherever you happen to be, even out on thee water. We hope your friend will stay onboard in the future! Thank you for letting us and other know that you think BlueStar is the best you've found over the course of the last 10 years! - David C.

Original review: May 25, 2017

When I bring my sugar down, my blood pressure goes up. And, when they come down, my sugar goes up. The doctor told me to get a life alert. I got a BlueStar HonorCare that hangs on my neck. I have life alert on my own that say waterproof, but it wasn’t so I sent that one back and get the BlueStar to came out to be real good. I was with three companies about 10 years and BlueStar's work better than all three of them. I like that they could hear it out while fishing. In fact, they were able to get in touch with me when one of my friends fell off the boat and I got at the water. A few minutes later they called me on my phone and asked if I was okay. They responded quickly and I didn’t even know that it went off of me. Their reps were really good. They'd keep in touch with me if my battery is low and they'd tell me to charge it. Overall, I love it.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for your feedback Darrel. So glad to hear you're getting along fine! I'm also glad you're better protected in the event of an accident or emergency with one of our medical alert devices. Thank you for sharing your feedback. - David C.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I'm 86 years old so I decided to get a medical alert device. I’m getting along fine with my BlueStar help button. I spend a good deal of time by myself and having the device gives me peace of mind. Once, I had to reach out to the Bluestar team and they did well. They said something to me through the system, but I couldn’t grasp what they were saying because the button was inside my shirt. By the time I got to them, I forgot what she said and she had to repeat herself, which is a big help for people like myself that can't get through the questions right away. It was a good experience.

Good Afternoon, Ms. Henry,

We are sorry to learn that you are less than satisfied with your BlueStar services. We attempted to contact you at the number we have on file to discuss your customer experience. We look forward to you contacting us so we can learn more.

According to our account notes with respect to your device, you attempted to press your button and failed to respond to the monitoring center operator. Our monitoring center operators are trained to send EMS services to your home if they fail to hear a response from the customer.

Your device only requires a charge every four days, but our customer service representatives often recommend to customers to maintain a charging schedule. Our customer service representative suggested that you should charge your device every night, even though it's not a requirement. If that caused you any confusion, please accept our apologies.

If you fail to charge your system's battery, our monitoring center is instructed to contact the customer. Should you have had an emergency and your device was not charged, you may not have received emergency medical services. Both customer service and our product experts explain this important function to our customers as much as possible.

We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your customer experience. Please contact our customer service team by calling 1-800-300-1724.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: June 15, 2017

I'm 66 years old and I have trouble with my back. Sometimes if I'm walking from one end of my trailer to the other, I'm bent over double by the time I get there. Also, sometimes I get so stressed with it that I can't stand. I got a BlueStar medical alert but I sent it back after it decided to call EMS twice and there was nothing wrong, which upset me all through hell. I hadn't pushed the button and it automatically called EMS at 2:00 in the morning because the battery got low. According to the paperwork that came with it, it only charges every four days. But whenever I talked to BlueStar about it, they said I had to charge it every night.

I didn't like the fact that every time the battery got low, my son would get a call to come and check on me. The 2 times it called EMS, I was asleep and I didn't hear the little noise that it makes for me to identify I'm okay. The noise is like a little phone ringing but it was real low. So after the second EMS call, I let it sit on the charger and I didn't bother with it.

My husband has a tendency to be off-balanced and fall down. When he had dialysis, a social worker said BlueStar was good. We decided to get a Ranger medical alert device from them. We go everywhere and so I chose the Ranger because I wanted to make sure that everything was covered no matter where we were or what we were doing. If my husband would get hurt and we needed medical attention, we know that we have Bluestar's medical alert device with us.

Bluestar is a good company. They are always concerned about whether or not we're okay or if there's anything they can do for us. If they feel there is something going on, they make sure to call me. I think that's something you can't get anymore these days. We're very pleased and we would suggest Bluestar to anyone. Our experience with them has been fantastic.

I'm sickly and have COPD. I can’t get to the phone so I thought about getting a medical alert device that would help me out whenever emergency came up. I always thought about getting one but BlueStar really caught my eye. They are the first one that I looked at and I qualified for it because I had members in my family who served in the Army. The BlueStar team was wonderful and their level of knowledge was excellent. I had BlueStar for a couple of months and then I had to call them because I was having financial problems. They put it on hold for me and will start it back up on the first of July. They even went down with the price for me. Also, I didn’t know I had an issue with the device but they corrected everything. I love BlueStar HonorCare.

I have bad legs and sometimes they just drop out from underneath me. Fortunately they only try my cell when there wasn't somebody around. I didn't hurt myself too bad. I just laid there for a few minutes and I got up. But my grandson was here one time and I landed so hard that I laid on my kitchen floor for about 20 minutes. In the mobile home part that I live in, we've had two elderly people fall and split their heads open and bleed to death.

In my mother's later years, she was also taking falls. One time, I took her to the emergency room and they accused me of beating her up. She's black and blue to the whole side of her face and they called the police on me. But when she did come coherent where she could speak, she said, "No, I took a fall. And my son picked up me up, put me in the truck and drive." She and my stepfather had a medical alert device too. But the one my stepfather had was connected to the phone line and he couldn't leave the house with it.

One time, I fell down and couldn't get up. Then somebody gave me this number to call for BlueStar. I got a GPS one, so I can go anywhere with it around my neck. However, I've had to return it and they just sent me a new one. My grandkids had set it off a few times when we were horsing around. I had to tell BlueStar that it was a false alarm. Talking to with them wasn't too bad. They were very polite and understanding. I've talked to them from bookstores as well, and they're very nice, coherent and knowledgeable. I feel everybody uses it and I have nothing to complain about. They've been excellent and I extremely like it. I'd recommend them to anybody that needed them.

I mainly walk my dog about 16 blocks every day so I need to be careful because I’m an old guy. I have a BlueStar HonorCare device that I wear around my neck. This is my first medical alert and I’ve been figuring it out. I’ve got it on now and charge it every now and then, and that’s all I’m doing. This device is a positive thing. I sleep with it every night and try to charge it when I get up in the morning. Every now and then I forget to put it on just like when I walked my dog and I get halfway through the walk and I realized I did not have it around my neck. I ran off without anything at all yesterday and it ticked me off. I don’t understand why it's got a blue light that blinks every now and then, though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

My husband has already experienced falling and we got concerned that he might fall by himself again. I had fallen too, but that was a couple years back. So we got to think we need a medical alert device. We ordered the device that went around the neck. However, if we would have it hanging around our neck and touch it the wrong way, it would go off. We chose BlueStar because my husband was a veteran and we found the package attractive. The BlueStar team was very nice.

The problem we had with it is that mine went off too easy. We had the police and the fire department without even knowing they were here to take us. We stopped using them because we fear that we were going to end up with a problem. We have not used them in forever. In fact, we're going to cancel them because we can't afford to have it. They were too sensitive. We live out of the county and for 911 to make a real quick call, it was just bad. They do respond but it was totally inappropriate. I would have to tell my friends all that we went through. The experience was frustrating.

I'm getting older and I fell before in the bathtub due to a soap on the bottom of my foot. I had a medical alert device before from another company but I ordered the BlueStar device for my husband. I got one for him because he’s out on the street driving a cab every day and he might need it in an emergency. He likes his device so I thought that I’d switch to BlueStar which I did. I like the price and the fact that it is from an organization that supports veterans. I got the pear-shaped one that you put around your neck.

I like the BlueStar better than my old device. Their team has always been very nice too and I like that they check periodically when the battery is low. They also checked on me when I pressed the device accidentally. I also like how they are patient with me with my payments because I've had times where my bank account has been empty and I was trying to pay them. I'm very grateful for that. The only thing, though, was I noticed that both our devices are getting corrosion where the charging plates are on the little device. But other than that, it’s been a very good experience.

I have a history of falling and I had used another medical alert system before. I had to go to the monitor to let people know what was going on, and a lot of times I couldn't get to it. I used it for a year and did not renew my contract with them. I went through AARP and they had a whole list of providers. I talked to every one of them to find one where if I fell, could I get to the monitor because I may fall in the bathroom and the monitor is in the living room. That was one of the reasons that I went with BlueStar. Also, I found out that BlueStar was veteran-owned, had a discount for veterans and the program was designed for them. My husband was a Vietnam veteran, 100% disabled. I also liked that there was no contract. I would pay from month to month and the price was discounted because I was a veteran’s wife.

When the monitor is on my chest, I could just reach up and talk to BlueStar reps right into the alert button and I could go shopping and they will still be able to locate me if I fell. I was at the doctor’s office one day and he asked me to remove the monitor. I took it off and put it in my purse, which was sitting on the chair beside me, and BlueStar immediately called me to ask what the problem was. Sometimes I think the monitor itself is too sensitive but that’s a good thing. I put it off if I’m changing clothes and put it on the bed. I’ve learned to put it up as high as I am so that it won’t indicate that I’ve fallen.

However, I took the monitor off once and was testing it to make sure. By the time I took it off and put it in my purse, it took at least three to five minutes for BlueStar to respond to it. The few times I called, their response time is much too long. With the system I had before, almost the minute I hit the floor, they would immediately respond with “Do we need to call the police?” Also, if they couldn’t get a response from me to the monitor, they call me on my cellphone. With BlueStar, it’s always been through the pendant itself. If I’d fallen but I was all right, I wouldn’t want them to call the police department immediately. I’d rather have them check with me. That’s something they need to look at. But overall, I’d recommend BlueStar. I like a lot of the features they have better than what some of the other companies offered. I’ve been very satisfied and fortunately, I haven’t had any real emergency.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for your feedback Omar! - David C.

Original review: May 31, 2017

The VA was the one that sent BlueStar medical alert device to me. I needed it because I had concerns with falling, like falling in the shower. I was looking at the others and I believe that BlueStar is the one, it's all protective and it is used by veterans. It's a good experience. I would recommend BlueStar HonorCare.

I'm concerned about falling, and BlueStar HonorCare seemed a good company to go with. I got the button that goes around my neck and since I'm alone sometimes I need to keep it handy.

I had a heart attack before and we called in an ambulance. It ended up being an anxiety attack. I was alarmed then so I purchased a BlueStar HonorCare wherein it alerts people when the device user is having a heart attack or when somebody breaks into their house. For my age and my medical condition, that would be nice to have.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Teri and especially for telling your friends about us. People recovering from knee surgery are far more likely to have a fall than they would be otherwise so you're doing them a real favor by mentioning a BlueStar medical alert system to them. Thanks again - David C.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I'm going through some medical dilemmas right now and BlueStar Veterans was the only one that advertised medical alert like they do on TV. The medical alert device is waterproof and I put it on a strap, wear it around my neck then I'm good to go. I've hit it once by accident and their response was all right. I'd definitely recommend BlueStar and I've already told some people about it, especially the ones who had knee surgery.

I go to dialysis Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and I'm sometimes weak and dizzy when I come home and my husband's not always there right away. I wanted something I could get some help right away and would help protect me if I fell. Another gal who was taking care of her mom told me about BlueStar medical alert and it was a little cheaper but had a few little things with it. Its range seems to be further than the other one I had.

When I first signed up and we're hooking the device up, my friend had a problem so she called the BlueStar team and they walked us through it. I had the wristband and the necklace with it since February and I like that if I don't wear the wristband then I can put the necklace on. I mainly wear BlueStar around the house and outside and I feel confident with it on. I'm very satisfied with it and I would recommend it. I gave BlueStar's name and number to the social worker in my dialysis place because she was looking for a few other alerts for some people and since the monthly costs of the other ones were too high.

I was looking for an emergency device at the website of Blue Star and they had a survey. Then they contacted me. I ordered the Sentry medical alert for my boyfriend. It just sits there whenever we don't use it. His granddaughter, who's three years old so she's all hands, accidentally hit the emergency button and it just got canceled.

I'm on a Pacemaker and my heart's not that great so I was in the market for a medical alert device. BlueStar HonorCare had a GPS so I decided to get it and not other medical alert systems. I've got the one around the neck with the SOS button on it. I got one call from them saying that my battery was low so I charged it. Overall, I feel a little more secure when I'm using it.

Someone called me and asked me if I've heard about BlueStar. I already had a Philips but that person told me all about BlueStar and I was really impressed so I changed. I also looked up all the different providers and saw the pros and cons of all of them. I really like the BlueStar and it was like half the price of the other one.

I have the device that you're supposed to wear around your neck and then you have to plug it in for eight hours every day. But the plug is across the room from where I can get it and I don't have an extension cord to get it over to where I need it. So I haven't been able to wear the device. I wish I could get it around my neck since I tend to fall a lot. I had an emergency where I had a really bad fall but the device wasn't where I could get it. I couldn't get to anything and had to crawl to the door.

Also, about a week ago I got a call on my phone from them saying that the machine kept going off, did I make any call and if I needed any help. There was somebody in the room with me and she just wiggled the device around and it stopped doing that. They also told me what to do and to take the little next thing off, press the button and follow the instructions which the person did and it was fine. It fixed the problem. Overall, my experience has been okay and BlueStar was there when the machine went off so, I'm very pleased with it.

I’m 82 and I live in a senior assisted building. A lot of the people have the government kind of medical alert but they don’t go farther than the living room. I needed one to go beyond that and I can go with it anywhere that's why I ordered the Ranger Medical Alert from BlueStar Veterans. I keep it on and charged up. One time, I was in the store and it was on my neck. When I bent over to the meat counter, it must have pressed the button against the meat counter and it went off. Then a lady's voice asked, “May I help you? Can I help you? Are you all right”? And I couldn’t understand where the noise was coming from. I told her I was okay and thanked her for her concern.

The only thing that I was concerned about was that I could not download my little $25 coupon for my lunch. They wouldn’t accept it at Applebee’s, so I didn’t know what else to do with it. But everything has been all right so far. I’ve been trying to get other people to buy the device that could go farther but they already have the ones that they don’t pay money for.

Good Afternoon, Ms. Tribble,

It was a pleasure to speak with you last week. On behalf of BlueStar HonorCare, please accept our unreserved apologies for your negative experience you may have had using our products and speaking with our monitoring center.

Our company is working with our monitoring center to ensure that no customer in the future will be treated rudely by a call center operator. We hold our customers in high regard, and when customers are treated with disrespect, it reflects negatively upon all of us at BlueStar HonorCare.

It's unacceptable that you were treated with disrespect, and I can assure you that it will never happen again.

We are working to rectify the problem, and although we may have lost your business, I want to show you how we are working to fix the problem you experienced:

1) We are working directly with our monitoring center to true up our customer service expectations.

2) BlueStar HonorCare is working with our monitoring center to establish updated communication guidelines.

3) BlueStar is updating its technology.

We hope you have found a device that you know will keep you safe. Thank you for giving our company any opportunity to serve you and keep you safe. If you need any further assistance in the future, please do not hestitate to contact us at 1-800-300-1724.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 24, 2017

My husband has Alzheimer's and I knew that if something happened to me, he wouldn't be able to call 911. I'm not a sick or feeble person but you never know what's gonna happen in the future. I went with BlueStar and they told me that I needed to test my device and I noticed that whenever I push the button to test, it would take a long time before they would come on. What happened was I got a phone call from someone I don't know and I told him, "This is a secured line." So, I called BlueStar and got one of the representatives who told me they haven't called me in a few weeks. I told her a person called me and she said that if I have any concerns, I need to take it up with the main number. I then told her I've been thinking about changing and she said, "Well if you want to change go ahead and change."

I told her it's what I'd do. I also said, "When I do call to check up, I see you guys are pretty rude. You're supposed to be nice to the customers. You'll never know when somebody has an emergency." And so I called BlueStar and I told the guy that I'm canceling out and he said, "Let me see what we can do to keep you." But I told him I don't want it because I have spoken to other representatives and they had the same attitude. They also asked if I would recommend them to anybody else and I told them no. I was dissatisfied.

Good Afternoon, Mr. Syria,

We appreciate you submitting a review on behalf of BlueStar HonorCare. While we are disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with your unit, we appreciate your kind remarks about our attempts to assist you. Our customer service is second-to-none, and we pride ourselves upon the principles of willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer.

Our unit's fall detection is activated when the unit is worn around the neck or, by using the unit's belt clip. Unfortunately, if you suffered a fall and you somehow managed to break said fall, the fall detection sensors may not activate. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

As discussed today, we will happily refund your payment. Please contact us in the future if you have any further questions.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 23, 2017

Falling is my worst feature. I have fallen quite a few times and I'll probably end up dead because of it, so I got the Admiral Protect from BlueStar. I like that it was all encompassed in that one little device that hangs around your neck, and it’s quite convenient to wear compared to the other ones. But I fell pretty dramatically twice while I have the device on and it did not pick up the fall. So I shipped it back and hope I get the refund. But BlueStar was very considerate about letting me try out the device for 30 days. It’s as I expected as advertised except for the fact that it didn’t detect the falls.

I get light-headed and dizzy and I have fallen a couple of times. When I called BlueStar HonorCare, they were very positive with me so I got their Ranger Medical Alert. Their reps were all very nice and took their time with me. They cooperated with me and I could understand what they were saying. I’m very happy with BlueStar and I’ve recommended it to a few friends. I feel safe with the device and it goes with me wherever I go.

BlueStar is cheaper than most, for the same service. I have fallen quite a few times and I haven’t been able to get up without assistance so I thought I should have one. Usually, there is someone here with me, but once in awhile I’m by myself. So, hopefully, I won’t have to use it. But the fact that I can be by myself because I have the device is nice. I haven’t had to call in but they called me a couple of times to see if I had any problems with it, which I didn’t. They were friendly and sounded interested with my problems.

I have the Ranger medical alert with the button in the middle from BlueStar. I have a lot of arthritis going on so my hips and knees give out, and I never know when I might need it, so I keep it next to me usually. However, I lean on everything and I keep setting its button off and my son even shortened the device. In the beginning, I’d hear “Hello! Hello! Hello!” all of a sudden. I also talked to them when I was getting phone calls from people. They had to make sure my number was off of their list and they took care of it right away. They were very helpful and I didn’t have any more problem after that. I'm satisfied with BlueStar.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here Norma. We're glad to hear you identified the cause of your falls and that you have lowered the risk of any reoccurring! Stay safe! - David C.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I went with BlueStar because they have something to do with veterans. I didn’t ask at the time if they had the device for the wrist and I wish they had one. I had trouble with the necklace because it kept going down my front and it would click on even when there is nothing wrong. I had a couple of falls but they weren’t anything big. At that time, I didn’t know I was anemic and that’s why I was falling. But I haven’t fallen since then. I don’t worry about it so much at home because my husband’s always right here with me. I’m very satisfied with it and I would recommend it.

Good Morning, Ms. Allen,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Consumer Review as it relates to your customer experience with BlueStar HonorCare.

While BlueStar was aware of the two devices your sister was sent, we worked handily to correct the shipping error. According to our records, you contacted BlueStar customer service on May 1, 2017, requesting to return the device due to your sister now living with family members. We mailed a prepaid return label and received the returned device on May 17. We immediately issued a refund and closed the account.

BlueStar is a bit disappointed- based upon your review - that you may have had a negative experience with our company.

We will be in contact as soon as possible to learn more about your customer experience.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 16, 2017

I ordered the medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare for my sister. I ordered one but they sent me two boxes. It was really confusing. Also, the boxes kept talking to us all the time off the wall when we weren’t pushing the buttons. My sister moved in with me and then she was never here alone so we sent the devices back. I had spoken with their reps plenty of times about returning the products.

My husband was a veteran of the Air Force for four years during the cold war. He had fallen a couple of times and has a lot of medical problems. He has a pacemaker, a congested heart failure and he’s diabetic. So I wanted some type of device for him, which the doctors also recommended. Then I came to find Blue Star Veterans. We got the device very quickly and when I gave it to him, I put it in the couch in the morning and I told him to put it on when he leaves. And when he picked up a package from outside, he trips and falls in the garage on his way back and laid there for three hours. So now, the device is a permanent fixture, he wanted to wear this all the time and it’s like another piece of jewelry. I pressed the button once when I wanted to make sure that it’s working and they were responsive, friendly and helpful. They were very easy to work with. They were excellent.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for recommending BlueStar Mr. Stone! - David C.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I've wanted to get one of the medical alert devices that you hang around your neck for my wife, and I got one from BlueStar. It's working fine. I've been very happy with their team and I definitely would recommend BlueStar.

My boyfriend will be gone for several months so he thought I should have that in case something would happen while he's away. I had the Ranger because it was the most reasonably priced. A couple of times I would forget to put it on the charger, then someone from BlueStar called and mentioned that it had to be charged. I would recommend BlueStar price-wise.

My husband and I both have a need for a medical alert device from time to time. I fall a lot and he has Alzheimer's. I had a problem before where BlueStar didn't send me two of the necklaces initially as I had requested. I called and asked them about it and they sent them immediately to me. Other than that, I haven't had any trouble with BlueStar.

What BlueStar Veterans had to offer was better than what I had and also it was less expensive. I wanted to have a service where I could go to the grocery store or the doctor and still be covered. What I did have was only covered within my apartment. I got a device because of my age and I didn’t want to risk falling. I like the idea that they provide locks that you can put on your door that would hold a key. So that any other person who would be able to come to my apartment to get me would be able to by putting in the code. At this point of not having to use it yet, but so far I’ve had a very good experience with them and would recommend them.

My cousin Steven got an email about BlueStar and liked what he read. And being a veteran himself, it kinda helped boost him a little bit. He had two heart attacks and has got several things going on with him including COPD and dislocated disk. He stays active and on the road. He didn’t want to be out there and having to try to get 911 on the cell phone when something goes wrong. He was looking for something that he could have on the road with him and if he needed help, somebody could find him. The GPS capability was what made him happy and everything’s been really good. He feels safe with BlueStar. He knows anytime he needs help, he ain’t got to try to get to somebody’s house or dial 911 on the phone. He’s got somebody instant who he can get in touch with, and immediately, they'd be in the process of getting him located.

BlueStar HonorCare Company Profile