toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

BlueStar HonorCare

So glad to hear you're getting some fishing in Jerry! More importantly, it's good that you have an extra layer of protection wherever you happen to be, even out on thee water. We hope your friend will stay onboard in the future! Thank you for letting us and other know that you think BlueStar is the best you've found over the course of the last 10 years! - David C.

Original review: May 25, 2017

When I bring my sugar down, my blood pressure goes up. And, when they come down, my sugar goes up. The doctor told me to get a life alert. I got a BlueStar HonorCare that hangs on my neck. I have life alert on my own that say waterproof, but it wasn’t so I sent that one back and get the BlueStar to came out to be real good. I was with three companies about 10 years and BlueStar's work better than all three of them. I like that they could hear it out while fishing. In fact, they were able to get in touch with me when one of my friends fell off the boat and I got at the water. A few minutes later they called me on my phone and asked if I was okay. They responded quickly and I didn’t even know that it went off of me. Their reps were really good. They'd keep in touch with me if my battery is low and they'd tell me to charge it. Overall, I love it.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for your feedback Darrel. So glad to hear you're getting along fine! I'm also glad you're better protected in the event of an accident or emergency with one of our medical alert devices. Thank you for sharing your feedback. - David C.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I'm 86 years old so I decided to get a medical alert device. I’m getting along fine with my BlueStar help button. I spend a good deal of time by myself and having the device gives me peace of mind. Once, I had to reach out to the Bluestar team and they did well. They said something to me through the system, but I couldn’t grasp what they were saying because the button was inside my shirt. By the time I got to them, I forgot what she said and she had to repeat herself, which is a big help for people like myself that can't get through the questions right away. It was a good experience.

I had fallen and broken my arm when I was in the yard so I realized I needed something to wear when I'm out. Now I have the medical alert device that goes around my neck from BlueStar HonorCare and I got it because it's usable outside in either way. I've enjoyed it very much. I wear it all the time and not worry about it.

BlueStar Veterans called me. They were more reliable than the other company I had plus it was cheaper. My experiences with BlueStar have all been positive and I like their reliability.

I fell in the garage and I had a stroke before. I shut the lights off and I was in a blackout. When I got in the house and I got disoriented. The rep from BlueStar called and assured me. I also liked what I heard about BlueStar and the way I was treated. I was impressed with the service. I've got both the medical alert devices that go around the neck and go on the wrist. I wear the one around the neck more and it's hooked to my clothes. However, that one goes off more and I have trouble with it all the time, but I'd rather have it work than not work if I get to have a situation. The response time is very quick. My experience with BlueStar has been great and the biggest part is the people.

BlueStar offers a discount to veterans so I ordered the medical alert for my father. He lives alone and it’s a good thing to have. When I talked to the BlueStar team on the phone, they have been very helpful.

I have fallen several times so I got a medical alert device. BlueStar sounded good and I have veterans in my family. When it would go off, the BlueStar team would call to make sure everything’s all right. However, I’m supposed to be sending the device back but I had been sick and I wanted to make sure that the device was put in the right box. The device is too big and bulky, and then the string that goes around my neck and the one to clip it on popped. Also, if I put the device in my purse because of the clip breaking, it would go off when I set my purse down too hard. It’s not a loud alert but somebody would usually call me. It made it seem like I had fallen down.

The first time I called to try to return the BlueStar device was before the first of last month, before BlueStar took anything out of my check. The lady said they were busy and a lot of people had taken off. They were going to call me back. But I was trying to tell her that I haven’t even been using the service but nobody’s called to check on me and they were still taking the money out. And I know that if it’s being monitored, they would see that the service was not on and the device had no charge for about two months. I’m paying for the service but no one seemed to care. All they want is the $39.00.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar HonorCare?

My legs don’t work well when I’m standing a lot. And when I am alone in the house, I can trip, bang my head and fall and something could happen. I was watching the “I fell and I can’t get up” commercial on TV all the time. So I went online and looked at different types of lifeline and BlueStar was on the list. I looked at the list and read all of it and they were number four. But what attracted me was the fact that they had Veterans and I am a vet. Then I talked to my wife and said that I’m gonna get one and she was happy that I was. So I purchased the help button that hangs around the neck. It's a black unit with the button in the middle.

However, I had issues with it. It got to the point where I just told them I’m done and I didn’t want to be bothered anymore. They talked to me and gave me a newer unit. The guy said that he's gonna waive my fee for the next month and just try it out and I said, “Okay.” What they sent me was a device where people were calling in on the telephone number which I didn’t know anything about. The people said, “Hello. How are you doing? This is so and so.” I got this thing hanging around my neck and all of sudden there’s somebody talking to me. So I said, “You got the number. This isn’t an emergency device.” They said that they dialed this number. It would also go off when I didn’t even push the button. It also went off when I had it off my neck one time. I was like, “What in the world?” I called BlueStar two or three times and then finally they responded. They said it's strange and they didn’t understand that. I told them that I didn't either.

They corrected the error and realized they didn’t know what was happening. They immediately replaced it and told me not to pay for next month because that’s their fault. They’ll have to look at the old one when I send it back. I got the other one FedExed the next day and they sent me a box to send the old one back. I dropped the old device in a box and dropped it at FedEx. So they had an immediate response to the issue.

Someone named Brian from BlueStar kept calling me and wouldn’t stop so I bought the medical alert device. My mother is always complaining and I wanted to make sure that she’s okay in her house. She dropped the device one time and BlueStar is on point. They called her to ask if she fell. It's cool and I'm very satisfied.

My husband has been falling when he was by himself and I was afraid he’d get really hurt and need somebody so I got the BlueStar button. The customer service called when the device has been low on battery and needed to be charged. Then there were a couple of times that my husband had pushed it and they asked if my husband was all right but luckily he just accidentally hit it or our puppy jumped up on him and pushed the button. They’ve been very helpful with everything when I talked to them.

I have a lot of medical issues and I wanted something that, at the press of a button, would know exactly what the problem was and could get me the help I needed. With 911, you call them but they don’t know what's going on and they send urgent care. With BlueStar HonorCare, their team has been very helpful. They’ve been very easygoing as far as setting up the machine and getting all the information. I had trouble with it once and when I notified the team, they were able to talk me through resetting it and getting it going again. They were also able to direct me to a Medical Arts place where they showed me how to use it better. The product is unique and I've been very satisfied.

I bought a BlueStar HonorCare medical alert device with a voice and if I fell or had a problem I can get assistance. But I had problems with the customer service. I had to explain something three different times. I thought I explained to her what I needed but she talked back and kept being rude to me. I was either getting my payment in or I have a cancellation or an upgrade done and she said, "Well you need to do this and you need to do that." So I said I'll just send the product back. I don't need to deal with people like that.

Then a guy tried to talk to me to go ahead and continue the service. We talked about it for a while and so I decided to go with it and find somebody else. That has been months now but I've been driving a truck ever since so I haven't had time to find another company. But I've had a great experience with BlueStar except for that one employee.

I had heard very good things about BlueStar and I knew that getting it was imperative because we're in our 80's. Also, I don't want to threaten my husband in any way and keep his control so he can be saved if anything were to happen, and I figured that getting an alert device was the best way to go. The rep was very helpful. He checked to see if I was getting a reception. Overall I'm very pleased with the way the system works and I feel safe that way.

I've been thinking about having a medical alert device because of the amount of times I'd fallen and my friend starts moving out, so I will be alone in my house, and for some reason, BlueStar struck me. I like the extra protection there and I wear it even though I'm not going to be alone. If I get in a car crash, my phone can go flying and I won't find it, so my medical alert device is around my neck. It makes me comfortable as it's going to get people there quicker than trying to find my phone or maybe not even finding it. I usually wear it under my shirt. People could see the cord but nobody has ever asked me, "Hey, what's that?" when I wear it under my shirt so it's not bulky. I wear my shirts quite loose so if I had a tight shirt, I'd probably have to tuck it in my bra.

Once, when we were just getting it started, I couldn't get the device charged and I spoke with a rep who is a wonderment. He's always been so helpful and kind that it's really good to have him. I got his number with his extension if ever I need anything. I've been really pleased with his service and care. I would recommend BlueStar and I want my sister to get it.

We have had Blue Star in our house for our mother for nearly 2 years and have had great experiences with both customer service and when emergency calls were required. We are happy with our decision.

My wife needs supervision and she needs to act quickly if something goes wrong if I’m not there. A friend recommended BlueStar and the device goes around my wife's neck. I would recommend it.

I'm diabetic and sometimes I get really low and nobody is there but I have the medical alert device from BlueStar Veterans. My experience with them has been good so far.

I'm a 92 year-old World War II vet and retired Presbyterian clergyman, and my family decided to purchase a BlueStar HonorCare for me. They feel comfortable that I can continue to live alone because I have a medical alert device.

Good Afternoon, Ms. Williamson,

We are happy to learn that you've been a customer with us since February 2017. We had the opportunity to review your account and will do our absolute best to rectify whatever issue you're having with your device.

According to our account notes, we haven't heard from you regarding your technical support issue. Your Consumer Review is the first we have heard that you were having issues with your unit; otherwise, our customer service team would have immediately corrected the issue and attempted to troubleshoot the device.

We undoubtedly have a solution for you: We'll upgrade your unit to a new Ranger, but before we exchange, our customer service team must be able to reach you; we haven't been able to do so. Please contact us at 1-800-300-1724 at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Ryan Miner
Director of Customer Service

BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: July 11, 2017

I stay out a lot in my car and if I step outside in the yard and I'm over 500 feet from the house, BlueStar could not help me or they couldn't hear me whine. The first time I set it off, it went off and called my neighbor, not me. It never called me and I never heard it say anything. It's so soft that you can't tell what they're saying but if I was in the city with satellites all over the place, I could understand them. Then, I have had an emergency but my device didn't work. I was at my house, I had to get up, find a telephone and call 911.

When I called in for technical support, the guy tried it and he couldn't get it to come on. They told me to keep it off for an hour and then try it. They're trying to get me to reactivate it by pushing the telephone, activate it in the beginning, shut it off and then reactivate again. But it's still taking a few minutes for him to get a buzz. It takes them forever to get back to me but that time, it went through. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to call customer support again, reactivate it and then talk to technical support again. I'm not too satisfied with the experience when it comes on.

My daughter is a retired military and she found out everything about the BlueStar medical device and got it for me. I'm 84 years old and living alone and I have a balance problem so she gave the device and I've been wearing it since she asked me to. I fell one time but didn’t require any service. I also accidentally dropped it and pressed the button when it fell down. They responded quickly but there was one time when it didn't complete a service and I have talked to them about it. And they’ve been very cooperative even when I make mistakes and drop it frequently. I don’t like wearing my device around my neck so I put it in my bra. I'm totally satisfied with how it's worked so far and I would recommend BlueStar to a friend.

I went online when I was looking to compare prices and BlueStar HonorCare was the number one listed. I talked to several of them and somehow, they were connecting better than the others. So, I went with them. Also, my father’s a 20-year Army veteran. He’s now deceased. My son was 12 years in the Navy. So, I have a soft spot for veterans. They employ veterans and a lot of this is by veterans so that was the deciding factor.

I ordered the Admiral Protect medical alert. They tell you to wear it inside your clothes so it’s not flapping around. I set the thing off three times when I was leaning across the table. But I hadn’t set it off in several months and I’m proud of myself. I went swimming the other day and I tried to take it off and put it in the car. But I forgot it so I put it in my swim bag. I’m getting back in the car and I heard emergency siren noises. I had set it off again. Last Monday, there was a senior swim for an hour at the War Memorial Park pool. I came in and I had some wet towels. I took off my cover-up and tossed it in the dryer but I had picked up my alert button out of the cup holder in the car when I came in. And I went back and I changed.

I was doing something in the office and the phone rings. I don’t always answer toll-free calls but I did and she said she’s from BlueStar. She asked, “Do you have an emergency or are you okay?” I said, “I’m fine. Did that alert go off?” It was laying on top of the dryer while it was running and that set it off. I’ve always wondered how they would know if you fall. That is how sensitive it is. I feel bad that it went off but I know that if I do take a tumble, it’s going to pick it up. And they have always been very nice. They haven’t said, “How can you be such an idiot?” It’s obviously working well and the experience has been excellent.

My wife's got Alzheimer's and she's in a facility. I live alone now and I do a lot of outside work on cars, trucks and trees where I have to get on the roof of the house. So my children had been fussing at me, then I saw BlueStar, showed it to my daughter and she agreed. I have the service button and I can also get somebody online immediately or call support if I have a question or medical alert. I haven't had very much experience with them but I've hit the button by accident twice. The button gets hit easily and they need to have a cover like in the pictures with the remote control. If we had a system similar to that it would be much better. Also, the response should have had a shorter phone call before they called for the medical team and the resident then just automatically draw in the police. But so far, I've had a very good experience with BlueStar.

Good Afternoon, Ms. Losh,

We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with your BlueStar customer experience. It was a pleasure to speak with you today and learn more about your interactions with our company. While we could not find any resolution, I was most happy to learn about

As your product expert explained when you first purchased your BlueStar unit, the fall detection feature can be sensitive, which explains why any sudden movement in the form of a fall may have activated the unit. Our monitoring center's responsibility is to contact your emergency contacts in the event that you are unreachable. The GPS attempted to locate you but was unsuccessful; therefore, it is standard protocol that our monitoring center route emergency services to your home address. We sincerely apologize EMS services entered your home as a result.

On 13 April 2017, according to our account notes, you contacted BlueStar to return the device due to your inability to afford the device. Unfortunately, you made no mention of your concerns with the device at that time. Nevertheless, a BlueStar customer service representative offered you a reduction in your monthly fee by nearly 35%. You accepted the offer and we did not hear from you again until 25 April 2017.

You contacted us, as written above, on 25 April, 2017, requesting to return the device. Our customer service representative offered to assist you with troubleshooting the device; however, you refused. In addition, our customer service representative offered to exchange your unit, but you requested to cancel when we could have provided you a new device. An exchange of the device would have likely resolved the issue, and we would have done everything we could to help you set up the device.

When we spoke today you informed me that there was nothing more than we could have done to improve your customer service experience. I offered to assist you during our phone call and work with you to improve upon your customer service experience. However, you refused further assistance.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of BlueStar that we did not leave 100% satisfied - which is our promise to every customer. While our customer service team worked hard on your behalf, we clearly failed to meet your expectations.

If there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 1-800-300-1724 (extension 107).

Best regards,

Ryan Miner
Director of Customer Service

BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: July 6, 2017

I'm a senior citizen, but I still do a lot of driving and I live alone. I liked the Admiral Protect Medical Alert from BlueStar HonorCare because it has GPS on it. It could tell where I was and they'd be able to locate me even if I'm not able to talk. However, it kept going off. The first time, I was at church and I had my phone on silent so I couldn't get at them when they called me. Then they called my son and the emergency response, but they didn't use the GPS. They sent the EMTs out to my house, and because they thought it was an emergency, they broke into my house.

This went on and the alarm kept going off. I could bend over or go to the bathroom and this thing would go off. I sent it back when I finally couldn't handle it because it's inconvenient at the time it would go off. The other times that it went off, the reps were just as puzzled as I was. But, they did try to be helpful in ways that they could. They offered to send out a lockbox for my door so that they wouldn't have to break in anymore and they would have access to the security code if they need it in. Overall, I have a son and a great grandson that are marines, so I thought that BlueStar would be good. It didn’t turn out that way.

I got a BlueStar life alert because I'm not in very good health and I used to go out by myself. The BlueStar team is good and if we pushed the button, there was somebody here right away. I was really pleased with it. But when I realized I don't need it, I figured I'm not going to spend on something I don't need. I sent the equipment back to them. I'm never home alone and now, I don't go anywhere without somebody with me.

I fell several times and my husband passed away so my kids thought it would be a good idea for me to have a medical alert system. The BlueStar Ranger was the one that I picked out and it wasn't as expensive as the other ones. BlueStar also said it was veteran sponsored and my husband and son were both veterans. The price is reasonable but I get calls on it. I got a call from a lady who wondered why I was calling her boyfriend's old cell phone number and I get telemarketer calls three times a week. Other than that, the BlueStar team calls to remind me that its battery is getting low and I need to plug it. They're very nice. Overall, the experience has been very good.

I stay by myself and I was getting ready to have knee surgery. And I have heard so many people fall and in the future, I need something in case I fall. I got BlueStar and I love it. I accidentally hit the button one day and I wasn’t at home. They were out searching for me and they found me. They're awesome, quick and very helpful. Anybody that needs one should get BlueStar.

I have two medical alert devices, one from Medical Mobile Alert and one from BlueStar HonorCare. I don't have to pay for my batteries with Medical Mobile Alert. And when I got the cell phone, I told BlueStar that that's the way it works for the soldiers, so they told me when I checked in that the veterans are free. Every time I turn the device on and I bump it with my grandkids, it goes off, so I know the device works. They'd call me but I couldn't hear them if I'm in a bad area. I could hear them talk to me, I'd answer back and they'd still call to make sure. My suggestion would be for them to come up with the one that goes on the wrist or something that hangs on the neck so my grandkids can't muzzle the device.

My mom used to be at home and she was always by herself. She needed an alert device at that time so we got her one. At the time, we would get in touch with the life alert provider and they would take a long time just to get to our house. We were paying for a service that's taking us longer than we're not getting the service for. We were just wasting our money on that and so we decided to switch to BlueStar. My mom got the BlueStar Ranger because I was told that she can take it anywhere in El Paso and she could use it anytime she leaves home and goes to her doctor. It would alert them if she falls and where she's at. It had like a GPS in it and she wore it around her neck. But my mom went back to the nursing home, so we didn't need it anymore and I told them to stop it. But it was good. And if she ever comes home, I will go back to BlueStar. I would recommend it.

My father was going to be living with me and he had an electric chair that he wanted to drive outside and I didn’t want him to get lost. I bought the Ranger from BlueStar because we got a military discount. It goes around his neck and the price was alright. Also, the BlueStar team was nice and helpful.

My daughter-in-law went online and looked up all the different alarm companies. The minute I heard "Veterans", that's what I went for since I figured they're honest. The BlueStar device is easy to wear and shower with. I stick it in my bra when I'm fully dressed, which isn't often. I've hit it on the counter a couple of times or up against the desk. So when I'm sitting at the desk, I take it off. When I get up, I put it back on. The same when I go to bed at night. I used to tuck it under my pillow, but if I turn to the other side, I had it screwed around my neck. So I take it off when I go to bed and put it on my nightstand.

In the few times that I squeeze it up against the counter if I was reaching for something, BlueStar answered immediately. I told them it was my error, and they were very nice. I've never had anybody come on that was not very nice. One time I was unaware that it wasn’t working. I called them and the tech went through everything with me, and in three days, they sent me a new one and I sent the old one back. I was a little put out that I was wearing it for months and it wasn’t working, but that wasn’t their fault. It just took me that long to get in touch with them.

Overall, BlueStar is a lifesaver and I couldn’t speak highly enough of it. It gives me the freedom to take a bag of garbage out to the garbage barrel without fear of falling and not be able to get in touch with anybody. The price is also in a good range because I'm living on Social Security. The only thing I have a problem with is that they tell me to hide a key, but I don’t know where to hide a key where it is slightly safe.

I got the Ranger Mobile from BlueStar. I'm on a limited income and I was going for the price more than anything else. When I first got it, I pushed the button and got through. They took my information and put me on file. It would be good if I could call one of my kids and have them here as fast instead of waiting for somebody else to come because they live close by, but they insisted that I have this.

I got the BlueStar HonorCare help button around the neck for my dad. He has Parkinson's on his legs and although he lives with me, I'm not home all the time and no visiting angels on here all the time either. Compared to other companies, BlueStar had a good price. It was also nice that they had options. I received the device in the mail and I talked to someone to set it up. The rep was knowledgeable and professional. I tested it and it has worked fine. I would recommend them.

BlueStar HonorCare Company Profile