3.8/5 (251 ratings)

About Register.com

Register.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Register.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Register.com?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

This is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Forever hold times, service agents who don't know what they are doing, ignoring requests, setting up impossible rules and guidelines. They started services for me that I did not request or use, then when I tried to cancel and get a refund, they did not really cancel and kept billing me. And then said that because it was not cancelled, they would not give a refund. Read their reviews on all the different review sites. They all agree. This company is horrible and a dishonest rip-off. Giving one-star is far too generous.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I called their customer support a dozen times and their technical support couldn't provide clear direction. They were even rude! I had to fight to get my money back. Don't use them and go with GoDaddy or someone else instead.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

The worst company, they have locked my account for the 3rd time. Each time I go to move my account they lock my domain and hold it hostage. They do it for 60 days. When you go back to move they do again. Criminal at best. ICANN and Web.com all in bed together. They lie.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

A domain renewal was set to 'auto-renew' in error. When it was auto charged to my card I tried to get a refund as this is an old company no longer in existence. They refused because it was 37 days past the charge date and their policy is 30 days. It took 37 days because it took me 7 days past the billing cycle to get the credit card bill - thanks to the slow postal service. The charge was made on the FIRST day of the new billing cycle. Tried multiple times to get customer service to work with me but they refused. It was a 3 YEAR RENEWAL so it was a substantial amount. I've been a customer for over 30 years for multiple domains so I was outraged they would not consider a refund.

Original review: May 19, 2021

They advertise domain transfers for $10 which includes a year, plus another extended year for free. Then it is supposed to renew at the current price upon expiration. In fact, they added the two years, but then charged me an additional $15 immediately for a total of $25. It's a misleading scam. A long phone call achieved nothing. Also, they charge $1 for privacy on the listing which had been free at GoDaddy.

Original review: May 4, 2021

We have 2 email addresses and our domain set up with Register.com. Recently, the emails from another web mail server weren't being received by our Register.com email. When I called Register.com, I was told that the problem was with our other web mail server (Ionos) and would not take the initiative to find out what to do to correct our issue. I called Ionos and they told me that the problem was with our DNS at Register.com. When I research the problem, it appears that the Ionos person was correct but yet Register.com does NOTHING. We will probably have to move our DNS service and web mail addresses to Ionos because Register.com doesn't provide competent customer service and leaves the customer with the problem - after they are being paid on an automatic renewal. This is unethical and basically, stealing from consumers. Beware of Register.com!

Original review: April 12, 2021

Some time ago I stopped the auto renewal of my domain at Register.com, and asked if a refund was possible as I did this before the expiration date. They never answered this question, but instead turned on a monthly renewal for the same account! Completely unaware of this my credit card has been charged every month since then!! I regret so much I didn't Google register.com until now, because I can see they have a really bad reputation with stories much in style with my experience - and a long time back. I clearly consider this to be credit card theft because I have never approved of these charges, and I have proof that I was in contact with their support and clearly stated that I didn't want to renew the account but to get a refund if possible. Instead they did this.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

When you have trouble accessing their site due to... a password issue etc... Register.com offers a few options to get a hold of them... Email Us - here's an option that is useless. You have to "LOG IN" to submit a support ticket. Chat Now - Lol... this button actually doesn't do anything. Call Us - You can speak to their award-winning (they made this up) support team.

"Call Us" is really your only option... but... When you do get a hold of them by phone, you get a person with a foreign, hard to understand, accent. Because they're not good with English, they misunderstand your concerns. They may send you a password reset and tell you it'll take 15 minutes... then have a nice day. Or, they'll sit on the phone and listen (pretend) to your concerns but offer no real help that you couldn't give yourself if they could just figure out how to unlock your account. Bottom Line... if you need a company for their customer service, go somewhere else.... Register.com ain't it!! Oh, and when I finally got an email to do a password reset... I got an error message saying "Error - We couldn't process this action at this time, please try again later."

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This company is very shady, not upfront on anything. They randomly charge without providing services and when confronted you never get an email back. I highly discourage using this service. They don't disclose renewal costs either which is dishonest.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I’ve been using this company for well over a decade with “not too big” issues until 3 years ago, when ghost payments of few dollars were moved from my bank acct. to their company. They weren’t able to explain what happened and refund half the money. This year I received an email saying my account was being auto-renewed, setting that I have set off, and by the way, one month earlier than it should be. The auto-payment was of 38 dollars. After few hours online spent with a representative, unapologetically told me the payment was going to get refunded into my account. Today I checked my bank acct. and only 28 of the 38 was refunded. I last years excuse was a mistake. Haven’t heard back from them as online help shows very busy. This is A FRAUD and as so I will take legal action to avoid this scam artist to keep stealing people’s money.

Register.com Company Information