Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Register.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Register.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Register.com?

Original review: May 27, 2020

The worst company I have ever dealt with, total morons. The site is always down. The tech support is the worst ever. I cannot update the DNS. They won't let me move my domains. They keep charging my card for no reason. GRRR!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Register.com account management and customer service sucks. There is no way you can initiate a transfer or get EPP. The client needs to contact them and wait endlessly to hit a wall. If you want to change account holder there is no warning that this will put an automatic 60 days lock on the domain.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2020

They are trying to prevent me from transferring domain out. They claim they cannot verify that it's me that wants to transfer the domain. But I authenticated with a password, responding to email, using a phone on my account, and providing credit card details. Complete jerks. I spent 6 hours on this today and it's not done and I have no commitment from them that they will allow it.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Purchased domain name and email services on 2/28/2020. Attempted to activate my email and build my website, but could not access "Manage Account". Called a variety of customer service numbers listed, on hold for 2+ hours on Fri afternoon. No answer. Called Sat and got "we are closed" message though they claim to have Sat and Sun customer service hours. Called Mon and got "we are experiencing high volume of calls". Took my money and failed to provide services. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

The past 4 times I have called regarding the same subject, I have gotten 3 different answers, and the minimum I had to wait was 24 minutes upwards to 36 minutes. If we didnt have so many domains with them, I'd go somewhere else. Check out Hostgator or Dreamhost if I were you, even GoDaddy.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Been a customer for years and while not stellar service it was good enough. Went to order a new domain name today and placed the order including their Private Domain Registration which masks your info when people look up the Domain name. The web page just went back to my Control Panel page after placing the order but the new Domain name wasn't listed. I also didn't get a email receipt. Just for fun I did a who is and the new domain was listed with my private info showing. Exactly what I DID NOT WANT. Called support and she basically said maybe if I wait it will mask itself. Grrr.

Waited an hour. Received 3 calls from the automated IRS system telling me that unless I call them back they were going to shut off my SS# or something.. Coincidence? Nope. Also during that time my main email address started filling up with spam.. Called support back and DEMANDED that they cancel the account if that's what it took to get my private info off the net. The new rep hemmed and hawed but finally got my info masked. A day late and a dollar short. Future will only tell how many people grabbed my email and phone number before that.

So basically, Register.com did the exact OPPOSITE of what I paid them to do, compromising my email address, physical address, and phone number all while not caring about any of them and hoping for the best without actually doing anything. I will never use them again and will be transferring all my current domain names asap.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Whenever I have an issue with a client's product and it's with Register.com, the problem is rarely resolved and you have to figure it out yourself. Every review I've seen on this Consumer Affairs website I completely agree with. Don't use this company for anything. If you do use them and have an issue, prepare to be on hold with support for an eternity. I'm typing this review as I'm on hold with them. It's been 48 minutes so far. Disgusting customer service.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

It has been terrible experience. Promising to expedite the transfer and still no results. It's been 10 days and numerous phone calls. I have been waiting on the finalization of the transfer. They are taking their time holding my domain hostage. They keep sending me emails with new deals to stay. My email box has stopped working so I have not been receiving my emails. They say they are working on it. It's been a nightmare switching. New buyers beware....

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Register.com's interface is designed to intentionally obfuscate some settings and it intentionally makes it impossible for an admin user to change them easily as well. The settings in question are those with respect to auto renew. Basically, you can't not have a credit card on file and you can't turn off auto-renew without dealing with their impersonal and time wasting support. Making DNS changes is slow and seems antiquated in format. Support is slow to respond and usually only somewhat knowledgeable.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Client for 14 years. Needed to install SSL to WordPress site. My time support installed and rendered site unfixable. No links worked. Was told site too old after they ruined my site. New site, called to get right hosting. They deleted old hosting, deleted my site and signed me up to the wrong package. 48 hours later was told that was wrong package. New package bought. Told it would work within minutes to upload new site. Did not work. Called again. Told would take 2 hours. Did not work. Called to cancel all products and get refund.

They cancelled two and then charged me $2885 for "professional email." Called back. Told supervisor would have to reverse charge that I NEVER authorized. No supervisor ever called or emailed so I took it up with my Visa. Also, in all this I was told I needed to extend email and domain name. I did not. Confirmed by billing. This company is not only shady they are criminal. Steer way clear of them. They are a disaster. Paid my web designer 180/hour times 5 hours to try to make this work. He finally said, "Cut your losses and leave."

Register.com Company Information