1.03/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

LastPass Reviews

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

This product does not do what it claims and the validation to get into the account doesn't work at all. I requested a refund a few days after purchase and they refused. The online verification forces you to retry about 5 or 6 times before it works. It offers a secondary protocol through your phone and that never works and you have to reset your master password every time you need to log into your account. None of the online password fill-in functions work until you log into the LastPass website.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I've been a paid Premium user for the last few years. All of a sudden I'm not able to access my vault. It is NOT a password problem. It just won't let me login -- gives me an error message that says "Already login in with a different account. Please log out of other sessions (website and plugin) and try again." But I'm NOT logged in anywhere else, and there's no option to log out of all sessions -- which means I can't login to any of the dozens of password-protected sites and software programs whose passwords are being managed by LastPass. And LastPass has no live support -- only an exasperating bot that tells me over and over how to recover my main password, which is NOT the problem. So the program doesn't work anymore. But this is a program without which I cannot access OTHER programs and websites. Now I am looking for another password manager. My advice is to stay away from this company/software. You will regret using it.

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I can't decide which is worse... changing a time-proven tool like LastPass to make it harder to use and render it useless, or being totally unresponsive to customer complaints and requests for help and solutions. If you're thinking of buying/using LastPass, please visit their user forums. No good news there. Plus, they engage in shady business practices... They have jacked up the price and auto-renewed my subscription the last several years, and double billed me twice. There are better companies that do what LassPass does. Keep looking.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have been with LastPass for a number of years, but never had the need to contact them. Well, they just double billed me for my annual fees. First I sent them an email with no results. Then I tried calling them. That was futile. It has now been three days and still the problem has not been resolved, nor have they responded to my email, nor answered their phones. LastPass only wants your money. They have no customer service if you have a problem. I'm guessing that they are having financial problems!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

This company has no ability to help their customers. I can no longer login with the Master Password. Even when I went in to the master settings and it says the password I made it it does not work. If you have not set up any recovery methods you are screwed and will never recover unless you win the lottery and someone actually gets back to you. At this point I'm screwed and I now have no passwords and will start over with a new password manager that has live tech support. This is garbage company and wound not recommend it to anyone. Along with any LOGMEIN products. Total boycott of LogMeIn and all their products will protect you from being ripped off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LastPass?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I just discovered that Lastpass charged my credit card in June 2019 for $36. I have been a premium member for many years and have always paid $12. To make matters worse, I am unable to contact customer service by phone (703-712-8315) or by email. By the way, I have permanently canceled my account. Credit

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

My company was a Meldium user before it got bought out by LogMeIn and we were converted to LastPass Teams. We have always wanted to be able to allow (and control) our various employees and freelancers to log in to various sites without being able to see or store the usernames or passwords. However, in the past few months we've learned that our LP users can readily reveal/show the passwords shared with them via LastPass while logging into Google or LinkedIn (and whether in Chrome or Firefox).

The password reveal option is right there, in the password field, and if/when clicked on, it reveals the password. We have contacted support (which can only be done over email/support ticket) and have been told that a developer can find workarounds to be able to see passwords and that they (LP) cannot be responsible for a user being able to see the password once it's been released to a user's browser. This is crazy considering that's the whole purpose of LP Teams.

I have repeatedly tried to explain to them that this is NOT a matter of someone knowing how to get around LastPass to reveal the password. Developer tools or knowledge of how to edit the page source are NOT required in order for any normal user to be able to reveal the password once at the login page of the site. In fact, it’s almost impossible NOT to click on the eyeball or show button when clicking on the LastPass badge within the password field. We are actively looking for an alternative to LastPass!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

LastPass is a completely abysmal service run by a company who does not care in any way about their customers. Lost your password or someone in your family having a difficult time getting into their vault? The only support you will get from LastPass is exercises in customer deflection. I recently had a family member locked out of their account and the process to get back in was horrendous, and LastPass provided absolutely zero help. LastPass itself does not provide any customer support numbers, and when you call the one number they do have for sales and select technical support, you just get a voice telling you three times to go to the help site (which is useless for matters like these) and hangs up on you. So clearly, they prioritize selling to new people and taking their money over helping existing customers.

LastPass epitomizes why people are so frustrated with technology. Selling half baked services and running customer interactions based on nothing but pure greed. We've since moved to 1Password, what I use for work, for family use. We made the switch at work a year or so ago from LastPass Teams, which is also a completely abysmal service.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Along with many others who have posted on the Last Pass user forum, I get no response to my problem with the Recently Used function no longer working. Although this particular function is not critical, I find it very disturbing that this program, which is critical, appears to lack any support.

Original review: July 19, 2019

RUN, DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM LASTPASS. Like almost everyone else here, I have loyally paid for LP Premium for over 10 years. I needed help once and discovered that what they excel at is is blocking access to it. Lucy is more apt to let Charlie Brown kick the football, than LastPass is to provide the support you will inevitably need when your perfectly known password is rejected and all pathways to recovery fail. I cannot even get access to stop my annual auto-payment.

LastPass expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LastPass is a standalone password manager that integrates with any web browser so that users can log in even if they use a different browser at home than at work. It is one of the best-known password managers available and has received critical acclaim.

• Works across browsers and platforms: LastPass users can access passwords via any web browser, including their mobile device browser, making it easy to access passwords no matter where they are.

• Offers extra features: LastPass offers a password generator that helps users create secure passwords and an online form filler that saves time.

• Has two-factor authentication: Users can set LastPass to require them to insert a flash drive in addition to putting in a password to unlock the software.

• May be too easy to access: Anyone with an Internet connection can access a LastPass account if two-factor authentication isn’t set up and they have the password.

• Additional features: LastPass offers a premium account option, which requires users to pay more to access advanced customer service tools such as screen shares.

• Best for: Small business owners, CEOs and executives

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LastPass questions and answers

What problem is LastPass trying to solve?
      LastPass is a password manager that helps millions around the world solve their password security problems. By remembering your passwords, generating strong passwords, and autofilling your web forms and logins, LastPass makes it easier and safer to get things done online.
      What sets LastPass apart from the competition?
      You can access and use LastPass from every device you use, at any time, including any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Opera browsers. With our Premium service for $12 per year, download our apps for Android, iOS, BlackBerry and more for convenient on-the-go access to your important information.

Our architecture is also unique, because LastPass never knows your master password. Your data is encrypted locally on your device, so everything that is synced to LastPass is encrypted, and LastPass never has that encryption key, ensuring your data remains accessible to you and only you.
      What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      LastPass makes online life more efficient and more secure. It fills the need to remember all your passwords and enter those passwords daily as you login to your online accounts. LastPass instantly fills out any online form as you register for new services or complete online purchases, saving you from having to waste time typing in the same personal information over and over. LastPass is an essential tool for managing your passwords and online accounts.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about LastPass?
      LastPass never has the key to your LastPass account. Because only you know your master password, and because data is encrypted locally on your machine (and not after syncing to LastPass), your sensitive data remains secure and accessible to only you. LastPass is a "zero-knowledge" cloud service.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about LastPass?
      Password managers are for everyone! Everyone who goes online can benefit from a password manager to help them remember their logins and generate unique, strong passwords just like the cyber security professionals recommend.
      Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
      LastPass has received multiple PC Mag Editors' Choice awards since 2009, and was named one of TIME's Top 50 Sites of 2012.

LastPass Company Information