Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

LastPass Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We have finally ditched LastPass and will never go back. Their service is deplorable. I was all excited to introduce their password service to my wife and boy was that a mistake. After months of trying to get her to be a member it never happened. I paid them for the family plan and since I am a very busy person, every once in a while I would try to get her account setup. Each time we tried there was a problem with her password. The irony is that they are supposed to be experts with passwords.

I reached out to their customer service and we went back and forth for months because I did not have the time to deal with this on a regular basis. They finally added her email as a member but she could never log in because it was like she was stuck in a loop. They would try to reset her password but she could never log in because they could not verify her. It kept asking for her password which she could never get to work. It got to the point that I had to curse at their support which must be overseas for my money back. They refused to give our money back even after I said that I would write a truthful review of our experience all over the web. The bright side of this is that I found a better service called Dashlane. It is way more user-friendly and advanced. Goodbye LastPass forever!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My wife purchased LastPass and followed the instructions but then the software didn't work as expected. She read the FAQs and also watched videos but that didn't help. Then we tried to call customer service and just got a recording to look at the website. We also sent an email request for help. No luck there either. Do not purchase this product!

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My 6th website I've searched out to tell people to RUN FROM LASTPASS! It is the BIGGEST POS I've ever tried to use. Fills in 1 in 20 forms.... Must sign in at least 3 times on Android and then it more often than not won't fill anything in. Don't give me permissions crap excuses, I'm in IT and know what I'm doing. Also, the UI switch last spring SCREWED even more the usability. You can't freaking find anything and the extension takes up 10 inches of a drop down. You allow your access to 2 of your passwords for that site. As an IT person who manages many many sites with multiple logins...this just SUCKS! Desperately trying to move over 1000 passwords to another service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

If you have a problem with LastPass - and you will at some point, there is NO customer support - literally NONE. They have a robot that cannot understand even the MOST BASIC question. Any attempt to solve a problem puts you in a circular loop of uselessness. I have used it and my family members. Several times someone has had to delete. Start all over (which means crating a new email account - for starters). Then there are hours of putting in all accounts and passwords - again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Chaos unneeded - hit and miss. Do not waste your time. It forgets more than it remembers - hit and miss - try signing back in and you are in hell. Autofill almost never autofills. Stay with Google Password Manager - it works minus chaos.

'

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LastPass?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Used free version for years. Site was fine. Easy to work. Site recommended to change password. I did and could not remember even with hint. Tried all recovery methods. Tried one time password and got - "Login Failed. Invalid username, one-time-password or one-time login is restricted by company policy." Tried by email and got message "failed gateway." Cannot get password. Maybe limited to free option but would not pay in case this happened.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The software itself works great. But geez Louise, if you need customer service good luck to you!!! There is no phone number. You can only fill in an online form. They take well over a day to get back to you (which is an eon in internet time and when you have an emergency with your password system). I have now been trying to get an answer to a question for FIVE DAYS. I've had three BAD email responses that DO. NOT. ANSWER. MY. QUESTION. Seriously makes me want to find a new password manager. And hey, LastPass, I'm the person in charge at my company who makes this decision!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

This product does not do what it claims and the validation to get into the account doesn't work at all. I requested a refund a few days after purchase and they refused. The online verification forces you to retry about 5 or 6 times before it works. It offers a secondary protocol through your phone and that never works and you have to reset your master password every time you need to log into your account. None of the online password fill-in functions work until you log into the LastPass website.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I've been a paid Premium user for the last few years. All of a sudden I'm not able to access my vault. It is NOT a password problem. It just won't let me login -- gives me an error message that says "Already login in with a different account. Please log out of other sessions (website and plugin) and try again." But I'm NOT logged in anywhere else, and there's no option to log out of all sessions -- which means I can't login to any of the dozens of password-protected sites and software programs whose passwords are being managed by LastPass. And LastPass has no live support -- only an exasperating bot that tells me over and over how to recover my main password, which is NOT the problem. So the program doesn't work anymore. But this is a program without which I cannot access OTHER programs and websites. Now I am looking for another password manager. My advice is to stay away from this company/software. You will regret using it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I can't decide which is worse... changing a time-proven tool like LastPass to make it harder to use and render it useless, or being totally unresponsive to customer complaints and requests for help and solutions. If you're thinking of buying/using LastPass, please visit their user forums. No good news there. Plus, they engage in shady business practices... They have jacked up the price and auto-renewed my subscription the last several years, and double billed me twice. There are better companies that do what LassPass does. Keep looking.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

LastPass expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LastPass is a standalone password manager that integrates with any web browser so that users can log in even if they use a different browser at home than at work. It is one of the best-known password managers available and has received critical acclaim.

• Works across browsers and platforms: LastPass users can access passwords via any web browser, including their mobile device browser, making it easy to access passwords no matter where they are.

• Offers extra features: LastPass offers a password generator that helps users create secure passwords and an online form filler that saves time.

• Has two-factor authentication: Users can set LastPass to require them to insert a flash drive in addition to putting in a password to unlock the software.

• May be too easy to access: Anyone with an Internet connection can access a LastPass account if two-factor authentication isn’t set up and they have the password.

• Additional features: LastPass offers a premium account option, which requires users to pay more to access advanced customer service tools such as screen shares.

• Best for: Small business owners, CEOs and executives

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LastPass questions and answers

What problem is LastPass trying to solve?
            LastPass is a password manager that helps millions around the world solve their password security problems. By remembering your passwords, generating strong passwords, and autofilling your web forms and logins, LastPass makes it easier and safer to get things done online.
            What sets LastPass apart from the competition?
            You can access and use LastPass from every device you use, at any time, including any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Opera browsers. With our Premium service for $12 per year, download our apps for Android, iOS, BlackBerry and more for convenient on-the-go access to your important information.

Our architecture is also unique, because LastPass never knows your master password. Your data is encrypted locally on your device, so everything that is synced to LastPass is encrypted, and LastPass never has that encryption key, ensuring your data remains accessible to you and only you.
            What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
            LastPass makes online life more efficient and more secure. It fills the need to remember all your passwords and enter those passwords daily as you login to your online accounts. LastPass instantly fills out any online form as you register for new services or complete online purchases, saving you from having to waste time typing in the same personal information over and over. LastPass is an essential tool for managing your passwords and online accounts.
            What’s the most common misconception consumers have about LastPass?
            LastPass never has the key to your LastPass account. Because only you know your master password, and because data is encrypted locally on your machine (and not after syncing to LastPass), your sensitive data remains secure and accessible to only you. LastPass is a "zero-knowledge" cloud service.
            What is something you wish every consumer knew about LastPass?
            Password managers are for everyone! Everyone who goes online can benefit from a password manager to help them remember their logins and generate unique, strong passwords just like the cyber security professionals recommend.
            Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
            LastPass has received multiple PC Mag Editors' Choice awards since 2009, and was named one of TIME's Top 50 Sites of 2012.

LastPass Company Information