2.7/5 (18 ratings)

About Keeper

Keeper strengthens the security of your online accounts to help protect you from threats. The app uses zero-knowledge encryption to prevent sharing information and generates strong, random passwords for all your accounts. It works on most devices and lets you log into websites and apps with your face or fingerprint.

Top Keeper Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

I've not had much experience with other password managers. I've tried two other password protection programs before Keeper, and soon as I tried Keeper, I knew that I found the Pas...

What is the Keeper app?

Keeper is a cybersecurity platform that offers password management solutions for individuals, families and businesses. Keeper uses innovative security architecture that supports on-premise, cloud and hybrid-cloud environments for client-side encryption key management. Keeper plans are available for individuals, businesses and families.

Keeper for individuals
Keeper can store, save and create passwords for things you use every day, including email, social media accounts and subscriptions. The 256-bit AES encryption makes it safe and easy to use. Key features of Keeper for individuals include:
  • Autofill passwords
  • Secure file storage
  • Custom fields
  • Two-factor authentication
Keeper for businesses
Keeper assigns each employee of your business a private, encrypted vault to store and manage their passwords, credentials, files and client data. Keeper seamlessly integrates with many of the platforms you are already using, such as Active Directory, SSO, SCIM and developer APIs, to streamline the onboarding process.

Keeper enables teams to create, share and manage records or encrypted folders safely. It also encrypts and stores private keys, digital certificates, notes, lists, codes, confidential documents and media files. There are two Keeper options for business: Keeper Business and Keeper Enterprise.

• Keeper Business includes a digital vault for every user, a security audit, folders and subfolders, activity reporting, shared team folders, access from unlimited devices, policy engine and enforcement and basic two-factor authentication (SMS, TOTP, smartwatch and FIDO U2F).
  • Keeper Enterprise includes everything in the Keeper Business option plus single sign-on (SAML 2.0) authentication, email auto-provisioning, command-line provisioning, developer APIs for password rotation and back-end integration.
Keeper for families
Keeper can help families’ data and accounts secure by making it easy to share passwords while keeping them private. This helps keep documents, photos, videos, website accounts, bank info, social media accounts, security system codes and personal identification numbers safe.

The Keeper Unlimited Password Manager is available for individual, business and family plans. This option includes:

• Unlimited password storage
  • Fingerprint and face ID Login
  • Unlimited devices and sync
  • Secure record sharing
  • Emergency access
  • Web application
  • 24/7 support

The Max Bundle and the Plus Bundle includes all of the features of the Keeper Unlimited Password Manager plus BreachWatch Dark Web Monitoring, secure file storage and KeeperChat Private Messenger.

Keeper price

Keeper offers eight different cybersecurity options based on the number of users you have and the amount of data you need protected. Below, compare the company’s cybersecurity plans and rates, as of publishing date:

PlanMonthly rateAnnual rate
Family Password Manager$6.24$74.99
Family Max Bundle$12.39$148.72
Family Plus Bundle$8.62$103.48

How does Keeper work?

Keeper stores your login details and passwords from your most commonly used websites and programs in a secure online vault. It also creates strong passwords for you and stores them so you don’t have to remember an obscure password. You can use Keeper to share access to sites with trusted users without them seeing the password.

You can download Keeper onto almost any device. The app offers additional tools and resources, and the company hosts events and webinars to help you understand how to protect your information and keep your passwords secure.

Keeper FAQ

Is the Keeper app safe?
Yes. Because it uses zero-knowledge encryption and 256-bit AES encryption, your data and passwords are only accessible only by you.
Is Keeper security a virus?
No, Keeper is downloadable software that helps store and secure passwords and other private information. It does not attack your computer or change its operational systems.
Is there a free version of Keeper?
Yes, KeeperFree offers security options like random password generators and a self-destruct function. KeeperFree doesn’t cost anything, but it doesn’t have many of the features available through the paid service.
Where is Keeper located?
Keeper has locations in Illinois, California and Ireland.

Is Keeper a good password manager?

Keeper is a reliable and useful password manager that offers users the features they need to secure their passwords and private documents. Keeper uses the same user interface across all platforms, making it a consistent and versatile password manager for individuals and businesses.

Keeper Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keeper?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been using Keeper on my Android phone for several years without issue except for an occasional popup wanting me to pay for some feature, which I always decline. First note that I am in Arkansas, not Ohio. On 09/07/20, I added a fairly obscure town in Ohio to some of my notes in Keeper. The very next day, on a dating site (don't judge), I get a so-called "Match" from this town in Ohio. Coincidence? Highly unlikely but you be the Judge.

Keeper response

No,Keeper is a zero-knowledge security service provider. To learn more, please visit: https://www.keepersecurity.com/privacypolicy.html.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I never signed up for 10GB Storage yet they charged my debit card, despite the fact that on my account there is no credit card/debit card on File. They are using the data I have stored in their system! This should be taken very seriously. I am appalled.

Keeper response

Hello, did your problem get resolved? If not, we are here to help you! Please do let us know at support@keepersecurity.com.

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I have been using the Keeper app to store all my account information and passcodes for several years now. All of a sudden I could not access any of my stored information after signing in, so I contacted them by email to try to find my information. They took it upon themselves to delete my account so now I can never get access to all my stored passwords and account information. It is not a safe place to store your information if you ever want to have access to it in the future.

Keeper response

Original review: April 16, 2020

Promised free password manager on one device, pay for cross platform use. Popups constantly harrassed me for upgrade, then I was notified my free option was expiring and urged to upgrade. I contacted them and berated them for the bait and switch. I was assured it would remain working on one device. After one month I lost access to all my saved passwords. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CHEATING LIARS LIKE THIS EVER.

Keeper response

We appreciate your feedback. Please note that web access is a paid feature. For further assistance, please contact support@keepersecurity.com.

Original review: April 14, 2020

When it works, it works ok. The problem I have is every hour at the most it logs itself out. So I have to re-enter my password, use my authenticator app to get a code, all to get it working again. I even select the option of remembering the credentials forever so in theory, I would not have to go through the process several times a day. I phoned Keeper to ask for advice - they were worse than useless. Never again, I'll make sure this does not auto-renew. Save your cash, I got a lifetime subscription for Stickypassword for about $19. Don't waste your money on garbage like Keeper.

Keeper response

We appreciate your feedback. If you need further assistance, please contact support@keepersecurity.com.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Keeper came up as the best reviewed product by most bloggers and tech sites, which usually concerns me and rightfully so. I ended up purchasing the product and the process seemed very driven to automatically select add on products. This tactic is scammy and dishonest right off. So I continued on and got blasted with notifications and emails about adding my accounts. Curious if they cannot access my information, why is their main email system sending me emails saying my vault has no websites in it yet? Is it not locked and only accessible to me? BEWARE! This is a warning sign right here.

The website was very pretty, looks like a lot of work went into making it. Usually a pretty car for a cheap price has some issues under the hood. Many more issues here to discuss, but I do not have the time. It looks like Keeper paid off a lot of review sites to get top spot. Their encryption is okay, not that amazing though from a techie spot. BEWARE.

Keeper response

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

In order to review a password manager objectively, you must have tried multiple applications. I used Dashlane for quite some time before it decided to double its subscription price a couple of years ago. I decided to look for an alternative and found Keeper – a much cheaper alternative. Well, I guess the old saying “You get what you pay for” has some merit as Keeper doesn’t even come close to Dashlane’s capability, stability, and functionality. I still however, use Keeper because of its low cost but, I decided to write this review because it is extremely frustrating most of the time. It fails to fill in at times. It will suddenly close my browser for updates, making me lose all my work. It constantly ask to upgrade every time you log into the vault. Not sure if I’ll be using Keeper for much longer but this by no means is a 5-star product – just try other managers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

First off, not sure how the previous poster, Chad, has been with Keeper 20 yrs, since the company was founded in 2009. Secondly, all the people complaining that they were forced to to pay the $29.99 did not do enough research before posting a bad review. If you go to the original device that you downloaded Keeper app on, you can opt out of all that stuff, and stick with your old plan or choose the free plan, simple as that. I love Keeper, been using it 4 yrs now, and just discovered about 3 months ago I can use it on my PC browser as an add-on. Makes things soooo much easier. I am thinking about upgrading to the Chat feature, but I can't find anywhere that will tell you if you can text with everyone through the Keeper Chat, or only other users of Keeper Chat. If it's the prior, I am definitely getting it.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Been using Keeper for 20 years and finally had enough with their poor support time and constant updates that makes Keeper less user-friendly each update. Very cumbersome today when it was the best app I owned just 2 years ago.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I love the Keeper app. I’ve been using it for years. It keeps my passwords protected. It has saved me many times when I couldn’t remember a password! It’s very easy to set up and very easy to use and yeah it’s $29 a year if you want it to sync to all of your devices, which is totally worth it!!! When you set it up it gives you the information that one device is free if you want to add any devices you upgrade and it’s $29 a year, read what you’re installing or purchasing people!!! I am a tech-support supervisor for Concentrix and I know when people forget passwords it’s a huge inconvenience. When you’re setting it up it does not automatically add extras to your account if you read everything carefully and you don’t want to add anything extra like the dark web protection you can exclude it! I feel it’s absolutely worth the $29 a year!

Keeper Company Information