3.43/5

7 Keeper Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

I love the Keeper app. I’ve been using it for years. It keeps my passwords protected. It has saved me many times when I couldn’t remember a password! It’s very easy to set up and very easy to use and yeah it’s $29 a year if you want it to sync to all of your devices, which is totally worth it!!! When you set it up it gives you the information that one device is free if you want to add any devices you upgrade and it’s $29 a year, read what you’re installing or purchasing people!!! I am a tech-support supervisor for Concentrix and I know when people forget passwords it’s a huge inconvenience. When you’re setting it up it does not automatically add extras to your account if you read everything carefully and you don’t want to add anything extra like the dark web protection you can exclude it! I feel it’s absolutely worth the $29 a year!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Unlike Terry, I read the instructions, when the extras are added on, you press the continue button and then you can remove any of the add-ons you don't require. I changed from a password manager that didn't work to Keeper and I have to say I'm most impressed with it, very easy to use and good on Windows desktop and both my IOS devices. It was very easy to set up, importing my data from a CSV file from the old PM. I would recommend this to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I've used Keeper Security for over 8 yrs with much success. I store all my passwords plus other important information within the App. It's easily accessible on your smart phone when you need either a password or some other important piece of information. I sort of use it as an open platform and I store SS#'s, drivers license information, passport #s and other "private" information within the App, neatly organized, retrievable and SAFE. Plus of course the normal storage of pass user IDs and Passwords for the many web-sites that I have access to. I've turned many of friends and family onto the app and they love it. Easy to use, extremely affordable for the value it brings and SAFE. I've never had an issue accessing the information with my smart phone or PC.

Original review: April 14, 2019

After reviewing numerous password managers and then reviewing them several times again, I elected to purchase The Keeper Family Plan Bundle which should come with KeeperChat and 50 GB of storage vs just 10 GB without purchasing the bundle. I have spent several hours yesterday and today to get what I purchased, which included one chat session yesterday and two emails today sent to Keeper support. As of this review on Sunday April 14 I have had no response from Keeper's “24x7” customer support and still don’t have what I purchased. If this is not resolved by tomorrow morning I’ll have no choice but to reverse the charges to my credit card and purchase a different password manager.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was totally shocked to see how this company has set up to purchase their simple personal plan. The plan is $29.99 USD per year, which is fine but here comes the amazing blunt rip off. When you click on the "buy now" button on the personal plan for $29.99 you are suddenly issued an invoice with payment box with a total of $59.99 USD. They add all these extras on without you even asking or ticking any boxes with no way of unticking them, you need to go further into do this. BE warned about this very inappropriate way to sell a product. go to their site and see for yourself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keeper ?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I loved this software, I have it on all my devices. I needed to transfer my account to a new device, so last year I purchased a cloud backup plan (1 year plan) to transfer to my other devices. Now it is expired, and demanding that I renew. My only option is to pay $29.99 per year, auto-renewing. If I select cancel it dumps me back out to the login screen, so Keeper is essentially holding all of my passwords hostage for $30. Now I have to pay them $30 to retrieve all my passwords just to switch to some other free service. Once you retain a cloud account, you have to continue paying (AN OUTRAGEOUS FEE) yearly. Bad business, Keeper, SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

After a scare regarding a potential breach of information on my computer, my daughter recommended Keeper to me. It is free, if you choose not to upload your passwords to be secured safely in iCloud. If you want to sync with other computers and cell phones, you will need to upgrade, but it is very reasonable. You can add up to 5 family members if you upgrade as well. I like the ease of entering and saving the information. I can categorize it when entering, but if I want to just see an alphabetical list, that is also possible. I definitely recommend this for password protection security. I have it on all of my laptops and iPhones.

Keeper expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Keeper is a standalone application that offers web access and a multitude of security features to help keep passwords stored safely.

• Cost-effective solution: Keeper is less expensive than many comparable password management products.

• Offers a variety of security features: Keeper self-destructs if the wrong master password is entered enough times and times out after a short period of inactivity.

• Offers cloud and local storage options: Users can decide how to store and back up passwords.

• Unlimited syncing: Although Keeper is generally inexpensive, users who need to sync a lot of information to a variety of devices may pay more for the unlimited syncing feature.

• Basic tools: Keeper offers additional tools such as password generators and evaluates password strength to help users increase security.

• Best for: Small business owners and people who can’t remember passwords.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Keeper questions and answers

What sets Keeper Security apart from the competition?
Keeper is the most secure product in the market today. As a zero-knowledge security provider, only the user have the ability to access their information. We utilize 256-bit AES Encryption and are SOC-2 certified. Unlike our competition, we provide a transparent explanation of our security to all users. Here is the link: https://keepersecurity.com/security.html

Most password management applications only provide users the ability to store just that, passwords. Keeper is a comprehensive digital vault that allows users to attach sensitive files, photos and videos in addition to passwords. Users can take pictures of their passports, tax returns and social security cards and store these documents in their vault and none of those photos will reside on the device's camera roll.

Keeper is the only product that has been vetted and pre-loaded by major mobile carriers around the globe. AT&T selected Keeper as the only password manager to be pre-loaded on all of their Android and Windows devices and Keeper is in the midst of launching with other global carriers.
What needs does Keeper Security fulfill, and how does Keeper Security fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Good password hygiene has become more difficult to achieve for consumers and businesses as the amount of passwords required to live in today’s world has increased exponentially and password fatigue has set in. Many individuals use the same password for all of their accounts or utilize weak passwords that can easily be hacked. According to the results of a new study carried out by TeleSign, over 60% of adults don’t follow safe-use guidelines and continue to use the same passwords over and over again. The most common reasons why were the inability to remember multiple passwords, the fact that they get asked to change their passwords far too often or in many cases just pure laziness.

Keeper enables users to utilize strong, randomly generated passwords that can be auto-filled to log into their favorite websites and mobile applications. All the Keeper user needs to remember is their single master password. Users can also enable two-factor authentication as an additional security layer. Keeper fulfills the need for convenience and security when accessing websites and mobile apps.

Consumers need access to websites and mobile applications from a wide range of platforms. Keeper is accessible from more operating systems and devices than any other product in the market today. Keeper also utilizes biometric login methods such as Touch ID on iOS or fingerprint scanner on Android.

Accessibility across all platforms sets Keeper apart, but the launch of our newest feature, Keeper DNA re-defines the way users verify their identity. Traditional two-factor authentication requires users to enter a numeric code in order to verify their identity. Instead of using a numeric code sent to a device, Keeper DNA uses a person’s connected objects and IoT devices to create a unique “Keeper DNA Profile” for that user’s identity. It can be thought of similar to DNA in the human body; a unique “strand” of molecules (in this case, unique devices and physical factors) that define and identify a person. With Keeper DNA, users can enter their master password and utilize their smart watch to verify their login credentials. Keeper DNA is rolling out first with the Apple Watch and will extend to other IoT devices throughout 2015 and beyond.
How does Keeper Security measure success?
Success is measured by growth in customer adoption and satisfaction. We have more than 100 million active downloads and pre-loads on devices. On average, we get a new Keeper user every 5-10 seconds. We are the top grossing password management application in iTunes and Google Play and we are the premier global product selected for pre-load by major mobile operators. Keeper has received more than 53,700 5-star reviews in iTunes and Google Play and we listen to our customers in order to iterate and provide features that enhance their experience with Keeper.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Keeper Security?
A common misconception is that consumers actually have to know the passwords to all of their sites even if they are stored within Keeper. If you asked most Keeper users to tell you their Amazon password, they wouldn’t know! That’s because they’ve utilized Keeper to randomly generate and store a complicated password that they can simply auto-fill when they are prompted to login. Additionally, as a Zero-Knowledge security provider, Keeper does not know any of our user’s passwords. The user has full control over the encryption and decryption of their records and all of this occurs at the device level.
How has your industry changed in the last 10 years?
My co-founder, Craig Lurey, and I built Keeper on a 40 hour plane flight to China in 2008. We knew the iPhone 3G was coming out and the App Store was debuting, but nobody had a password manager app out there for the mobile space. We believed that the world was moving towards mobile, so we built the app with mobile domination in mind, while our competitors were concentrating on desktops and computers.

With the increase in cyber-hacking and identity theft in today’s world, it seems like there is a report of a new hack every week. For this reason the industry has grown exponentially in the past 5 years and will continue to grow. The cyber security market is estimated to grow from $95.60 billion in 2014 to $155.74 billion by 2019.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Keeper Security?
Every person deserves their own personal Fort Knox of online security and that we want them to experience it in the most convenient and elegant manner.
Has Keeper Security received any rewards or recognition for its products that the customers would like to know about?
Yes. Keeper Security was named 2014 Product of the Year by the Chicago Innovation Awards. It is also the #1 password manager in iTunes and Google Play.
How has Keeper Security grown?
Keeper has doubled growth every year since 2008 and today has more than 50 employees in three offices; Chicago, El Dorado Hills, CA and the Philippines. The company is expected to grow to over 100 employees by the end of 2015.
What problem is Keeper Security trying to solve?
Keeper Security is committed to solving password management and data storage issues for consumers and businesses by providing them an easy-to-use and secure password manager and digital vault. Users can easily store and access all of their confidential login credentials along with secure files, photos and videos in a military-grade vault.

Keeper Company Information