Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Keeper is a standalone application that safely stores passwords. Tools include a password generator, a password strength evaluator and a self-destruct option if someone enters the wrong master password enough times. Keeper times out after a short period of inactivity. Unlimited syncing is available for an additional fee.

Keeper Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2020

I've not had much experience with other password managers. I've tried two other password protection programs before Keeper, and soon as I tried Keeper, I knew that I found the Password Manager for me. It helps you generate very difficult strong passwords. You can also add additional security if you want to buy a device that plugs into USB, that allows you to use Bio-Metrics on your laptop, not just your mobile phone. I had a serious problem with Identity Theft, and when I got this, I checked my score on breachwatch, and they showed me how low my score was, how many accounts used the same login information, and basically a score that shows the chances of being hacked again.

I no longer forget my passwords, I honestly don't even know them, I have a printed document with all of my passwords and user info so if somebody does try to break into my vault, everything will be erased, but when I'm on my laptop, I log into my extention onto my browser, plug in my device that allows me to use Biometric Login on top of my regular password information, and everything is done for me.

I would recommend this to anybody. Also if your new, feel free to email me at chris.ignatius@outlook.com, and I will get your a promo code for 50% your first year, and thats 50% your entire purchase, so if you buy multiple add-ons to your subscription, those will also be 50% off. I can also try to get your 50% off your next year as well. I hope this will higher their score. I hope this review helps somebody. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I'm all about helping my community.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I never signed up for 10GB Storage yet they charged my debit card, despite the fact that on my account there is no credit card/debit card on File. They are using the data I have stored in their system! This should be taken very seriously. I am appalled.

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I have been using the Keeper app to store all my account information and passcodes for several years now. All of a sudden I could not access any of my stored information after signing in, so I contacted them by email to try to find my information. They took it upon themselves to delete my account so now I can never get access to all my stored passwords and account information. It is not a safe place to store your information if you ever want to have access to it in the future.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Promised free password manager on one device, pay for cross platform use. Popups constantly harrassed me for upgrade, then I was notified my free option was expiring and urged to upgrade. I contacted them and berated them for the bait and switch. I was assured it would remain working on one device. After one month I lost access to all my saved passwords. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CHEATING LIARS LIKE THIS EVER.

Original review: April 14, 2020

When it works, it works ok. The problem I have is every hour at the most it logs itself out. So I have to re-enter my password, use my authenticator app to get a code, all to get it working again. I even select the option of remembering the credentials forever so in theory, I would not have to go through the process several times a day. I phoned Keeper to ask for advice - they were worse than useless. Never again, I'll make sure this does not auto-renew. Save your cash, I got a lifetime subscription for Stickypassword for about $19. Don't waste your money on garbage like Keeper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keeper ?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Keeper came up as the best reviewed product by most bloggers and tech sites, which usually concerns me and rightfully so. I ended up purchasing the product and the process seemed very driven to automatically select add on products. This tactic is scammy and dishonest right off. So I continued on and got blasted with notifications and emails about adding my accounts. Curious if they cannot access my information, why is their main email system sending me emails saying my vault has no websites in it yet? Is it not locked and only accessible to me? BEWARE! This is a warning sign right here.

The website was very pretty, looks like a lot of work went into making it. Usually a pretty car for a cheap price has some issues under the hood. Many more issues here to discuss, but I do not have the time. It looks like Keeper paid off a lot of review sites to get top spot. Their encryption is okay, not that amazing though from a techie spot. BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

In order to review a password manager objectively, you must have tried multiple applications. I used Dashlane for quite some time before it decided to double its subscription price a couple of years ago. I decided to look for an alternative and found Keeper – a much cheaper alternative. Well, I guess the old saying “You get what you pay for” has some merit as Keeper doesn’t even come close to Dashlane’s capability, stability, and functionality. I still however, use Keeper because of its low cost but, I decided to write this review because it is extremely frustrating most of the time. It fails to fill in at times. It will suddenly close my browser for updates, making me lose all my work. It constantly ask to upgrade every time you log into the vault. Not sure if I’ll be using Keeper for much longer but this by no means is a 5-star product – just try other managers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

First off, not sure how the previous poster, Chad, has been with Keeper 20 yrs, since the company was founded in 2009. Secondly, all the people complaining that they were forced to to pay the $29.99 did not do enough research before posting a bad review. If you go to the original device that you downloaded Keeper app on, you can opt out of all that stuff, and stick with your old plan or choose the free plan, simple as that. I love Keeper, been using it 4 yrs now, and just discovered about 3 months ago I can use it on my PC browser as an add-on. Makes things soooo much easier. I am thinking about upgrading to the Chat feature, but I can't find anywhere that will tell you if you can text with everyone through the Keeper Chat, or only other users of Keeper Chat. If it's the prior, I am definitely getting it.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Been using Keeper for 20 years and finally had enough with their poor support time and constant updates that makes Keeper less user-friendly each update. Very cumbersome today when it was the best app I owned just 2 years ago.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I love the Keeper app. I’ve been using it for years. It keeps my passwords protected. It has saved me many times when I couldn’t remember a password! It’s very easy to set up and very easy to use and yeah it’s $29 a year if you want it to sync to all of your devices, which is totally worth it!!! When you set it up it gives you the information that one device is free if you want to add any devices you upgrade and it’s $29 a year, read what you’re installing or purchasing people!!! I am a tech-support supervisor for Concentrix and I know when people forget passwords it’s a huge inconvenience. When you’re setting it up it does not automatically add extras to your account if you read everything carefully and you don’t want to add anything extra like the dark web protection you can exclude it! I feel it’s absolutely worth the $29 a year!

Keeper author review by ConsumerAffairs

Keeper is a standalone application that offers web access and a multitude of security features to help keep passwords stored safely.

• Cost-effective solution: Keeper is less expensive than many comparable password management products.

• Offers a variety of security features: Keeper self-destructs if the wrong master password is entered enough times and times out after a short period of inactivity.

• Offers cloud and local storage options: Users can decide how to store and back up passwords.

• Unlimited syncing: Although Keeper is generally inexpensive, users who need to sync a lot of information to a variety of devices may pay more for the unlimited syncing feature.

• Basic tools: Keeper offers additional tools such as password generators and evaluates password strength to help users increase security.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Keeper questions and answers

What sets Keeper Security apart from the competition?
      Keeper is the most secure product in the market today. As a zero-knowledge security provider, only the user have the ability to access their information. We utilize 256-bit AES Encryption and are SOC-2 certified. Unlike our competition, we provide a transparent explanation of our security to all users. Here is the link: https://keepersecurity.com/security.html

Most password management applications only provide users the ability to store just that, passwords. Keeper is a comprehensive digital vault that allows users to attach sensitive files, photos and videos in addition to passwords. Users can take pictures of their passports, tax returns and social security cards and store these documents in their vault and none of those photos will reside on the device's camera roll.

Keeper is the only product that has been vetted and pre-loaded by major mobile carriers around the globe. AT&T selected Keeper as the only password manager to be pre-loaded on all of their Android and Windows devices and Keeper is in the midst of launching with other global carriers.
      What needs does Keeper Security fulfill, and how does Keeper Security fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Good password hygiene has become more difficult to achieve for consumers and businesses as the amount of passwords required to live in today’s world has increased exponentially and password fatigue has set in. Many individuals use the same password for all of their accounts or utilize weak passwords that can easily be hacked. According to the results of a new study carried out by TeleSign, over 60% of adults don’t follow safe-use guidelines and continue to use the same passwords over and over again. The most common reasons why were the inability to remember multiple passwords, the fact that they get asked to change their passwords far too often or in many cases just pure laziness.

Keeper enables users to utilize strong, randomly generated passwords that can be auto-filled to log into their favorite websites and mobile applications. All the Keeper user needs to remember is their single master password. Users can also enable two-factor authentication as an additional security layer. Keeper fulfills the need for convenience and security when accessing websites and mobile apps.

Consumers need access to websites and mobile applications from a wide range of platforms. Keeper is accessible from more operating systems and devices than any other product in the market today. Keeper also utilizes biometric login methods such as Touch ID on iOS or fingerprint scanner on Android.

Accessibility across all platforms sets Keeper apart, but the launch of our newest feature, Keeper DNA re-defines the way users verify their identity. Traditional two-factor authentication requires users to enter a numeric code in order to verify their identity. Instead of using a numeric code sent to a device, Keeper DNA uses a person’s connected objects and IoT devices to create a unique “Keeper DNA Profile” for that user’s identity. It can be thought of similar to DNA in the human body; a unique “strand” of molecules (in this case, unique devices and physical factors) that define and identify a person. With Keeper DNA, users can enter their master password and utilize their smart watch to verify their login credentials. Keeper DNA is rolling out first with the Apple Watch and will extend to other IoT devices throughout 2015 and beyond.
      How does Keeper Security measure success?
      Success is measured by growth in customer adoption and satisfaction. We have more than 100 million active downloads and pre-loads on devices. On average, we get a new Keeper user every 5-10 seconds. We are the top grossing password management application in iTunes and Google Play and we are the premier global product selected for pre-load by major mobile operators. Keeper has received more than 53,700 5-star reviews in iTunes and Google Play and we listen to our customers in order to iterate and provide features that enhance their experience with Keeper.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Keeper Security?
      A common misconception is that consumers actually have to know the passwords to all of their sites even if they are stored within Keeper. If you asked most Keeper users to tell you their Amazon password, they wouldn’t know! That’s because they’ve utilized Keeper to randomly generate and store a complicated password that they can simply auto-fill when they are prompted to login. Additionally, as a Zero-Knowledge security provider, Keeper does not know any of our user’s passwords. The user has full control over the encryption and decryption of their records and all of this occurs at the device level.
      How has your industry changed in the last 10 years?
      My co-founder, Craig Lurey, and I built Keeper on a 40 hour plane flight to China in 2008. We knew the iPhone 3G was coming out and the App Store was debuting, but nobody had a password manager app out there for the mobile space. We believed that the world was moving towards mobile, so we built the app with mobile domination in mind, while our competitors were concentrating on desktops and computers.

With the increase in cyber-hacking and identity theft in today’s world, it seems like there is a report of a new hack every week. For this reason the industry has grown exponentially in the past 5 years and will continue to grow. The cyber security market is estimated to grow from $95.60 billion in 2014 to $155.74 billion by 2019.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Keeper Security?
      Every person deserves their own personal Fort Knox of online security and that we want them to experience it in the most convenient and elegant manner.
      Has Keeper Security received any rewards or recognition for its products that the customers would like to know about?
      Yes. Keeper Security was named 2014 Product of the Year by the Chicago Innovation Awards. It is also the #1 password manager in iTunes and Google Play.
      How has Keeper Security grown?
      Keeper has doubled growth every year since 2008 and today has more than 50 employees in three offices; Chicago, El Dorado Hills, CA and the Philippines. The company is expected to grow to over 100 employees by the end of 2015.
      What problem is Keeper Security trying to solve?
      Keeper Security is committed to solving password management and data storage issues for consumers and businesses by providing them an easy-to-use and secure password manager and digital vault. Users can easily store and access all of their confidential login credentials along with secure files, photos and videos in a military-grade vault.

Keeper Company Information