ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
After a scare regarding a potential breach of information on my computer, my daughter recommended Keeper to me. It is free, if you choose not to upload your passwords to be secured safely in iCloud. If you want to sync with other computers and cell phones, you will need to upgrade, but it is very reasonable. You can add up to 5 family members if you upgrade as well. I like the ease of entering and saving the information. I can categorize it when entering, but if I want to just see an alphabetical list, that is also possible. I definitely recommend this for password protection security. I have it on all of my laptops and iPhones.
Keeper expert review by ConsumerAffairs
Keeper is a standalone application that offers web access and a multitude of security features to help keep passwords stored safely.
- Cost-effective solution: Keeper is less expensive than many comparable password management products.
- Offers a variety of security features: Keeper self-destructs if the wrong master password is entered enough times and times out after a short period of inactivity.
- Offers cloud and local storage options: Users can decide how to store and back up passwords.
- Unlimited syncing: Although Keeper is generally inexpensive, users who need to sync a lot of information to a variety of devices may pay more for the unlimited syncing feature.
- Basic tools: Keeper offers additional tools such as password generators and evaluates password strength to help users increase security.
- Best for: Small business owners and people who can’t remember passwords.
The ConsumerAffairs Research Team believes everyone deserves to make smart decisions. We aim to provide readers with the most up-to-date information available about today's consumer products and services.
Keeper questions and answers
- What sets Keeper Security apart from the competition?
- Keeper is the most secure product in the market today. As a zero-knowledge security provider, only the user have the ability to access their information. We utilize 256-bit AES Encryption and are SOC-2 certified. Unlike our competition, we provide a transparent explanation of our security to all users. Here is the link: https://keepersecurity.com/security.html
Most password management applications only provide users the ability to store just that, passwords. Keeper is a comprehensive digital vault that allows users to attach sensitive files, photos and videos in addition to passwords. Users can take pictures of their passports, tax returns and social security cards and store these documents in their vault and none of those photos will reside on the device's camera roll.
Keeper is the only product that has been vetted and pre-loaded by major mobile carriers around the globe. AT&T selected Keeper as the only password manager to be pre-loaded on all of their Android and Windows devices and Keeper is in the midst of launching with other global carriers.
- What needs does Keeper Security fulfill, and how does Keeper Security fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Good password hygiene has become more difficult to achieve for consumers and businesses as the amount of passwords required to live in today’s world has increased exponentially and password fatigue has set in. Many individuals use the same password for all of their accounts or utilize weak passwords that can easily be hacked. According to the results of a new study carried out by TeleSign, over 60% of adults don’t follow safe-use guidelines and continue to use the same passwords over and over again. The most common reasons why were the inability to remember multiple passwords, the fact that they get asked to change their passwords far too often or in many cases just pure laziness.
Keeper enables users to utilize strong, randomly generated passwords that can be auto-filled to log into their favorite websites and mobile applications. All the Keeper user needs to remember is their single master password. Users can also enable two-factor authentication as an additional security layer. Keeper fulfills the need for convenience and security when accessing websites and mobile apps.
Consumers need access to websites and mobile applications from a wide range of platforms. Keeper is accessible from more operating systems and devices than any other product in the market today. Keeper also utilizes biometric login methods such as Touch ID on iOS or fingerprint scanner on Android.
Accessibility across all platforms sets Keeper apart, but the launch of our newest feature, Keeper DNA re-defines the way users verify their identity. Traditional two-factor authentication requires users to enter a numeric code in order to verify their identity. Instead of using a numeric code sent to a device, Keeper DNA uses a person’s connected objects and IoT devices to create a unique “Keeper DNA Profile” for that user’s identity. It can be thought of similar to DNA in the human body; a unique “strand” of molecules (in this case, unique devices and physical factors) that define and identify a person. With Keeper DNA, users can enter their master password and utilize their smart watch to verify their login credentials. Keeper DNA is rolling out first with the Apple Watch and will extend to other IoT devices throughout 2015 and beyond.
- How does Keeper Security measure success?
- Success is measured by growth in customer adoption and satisfaction. We have more than 100 million active downloads and pre-loads on devices. On average, we get a new Keeper user every 5-10 seconds. We are the top grossing password management application in iTunes and Google Play and we are the premier global product selected for pre-load by major mobile operators. Keeper has received more than 53,700 5-star reviews in iTunes and Google Play and we listen to our customers in order to iterate and provide features that enhance their experience with Keeper.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about Keeper Security?
- A common misconception is that consumers actually have to know the passwords to all of their sites even if they are stored within Keeper. If you asked most Keeper users to tell you their Amazon password, they wouldn’t know! That’s because they’ve utilized Keeper to randomly generate and store a complicated password that they can simply auto-fill when they are prompted to login. Additionally, as a Zero-Knowledge security provider, Keeper does not know any of our user’s passwords. The user has full control over the encryption and decryption of their records and all of this occurs at the device level.
- How has your industry changed in the last 10 years?
- My co-founder, Craig Lurey, and I built Keeper on a 40 hour plane flight to China in 2008. We knew the iPhone 3G was coming out and the App Store was debuting, but nobody had a password manager app out there for the mobile space. We believed that the world was moving towards mobile, so we built the app with mobile domination in mind, while our competitors were concentrating on desktops and computers.
With the increase in cyber-hacking and identity theft in today’s world, it seems like there is a report of a new hack every week. For this reason the industry has grown exponentially in the past 5 years and will continue to grow. The cyber security market is estimated to grow from $95.60 billion in 2014 to $155.74 billion by 2019.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Keeper Security?
- Every person deserves their own personal Fort Knox of online security and that we want them to experience it in the most convenient and elegant manner.
- Has Keeper Security received any rewards or recognition for its products that the customers would like to know about?
- Yes. Keeper Security was named 2014 Product of the Year by the Chicago Innovation Awards. It is also the #1 password manager in iTunes and Google Play.
- How has Keeper Security grown?
- Keeper has doubled growth every year since 2008 and today has more than 50 employees in three offices; Chicago, El Dorado Hills, CA and the Philippines. The company is expected to grow to over 100 employees by the end of 2015.
- What problem is Keeper Security trying to solve?
- Keeper Security is committed to solving password management and data storage issues for consumers and businesses by providing them an easy-to-use and secure password manager and digital vault. Users can easily store and access all of their confidential login credentials along with secure files, photos and videos in a military-grade vault.
Keeper Company Information
- Company Name:
- (312) 829-2680