3.9/5 (208 ratings)

About Dashlane

Dashlane Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021
I used to say that Dashlane was pretty good because I was happy with the fact that the support has always responded to my requests. But there’s a question that looms that if that’s the best thing about the product, and I have exchanged 80 emails with them, maybe the product itself isn’t really good. And that’s what I’ve been feeling for over the one and a half or two years that I’ve been using the product. So, the most pressing matters were that sometimes some of the notes were not saved when I saved them, even though it appeared as if they were saved. But most importantly, for today, if you have a Two-Factor Authentication setup, like this time, in October 11th of 2021, you’re not able to disable 2FA. Because they had removed their old application which had a setting, a configurable. And in their new app, it’s not present. It’s not present in the web app, not in the extension, not in their new Apple Store app, and not on the phone app. So, you’re stuck with the 2FA.  And interestingly enough, you’re not even able to use your backup codes in the new app, because the new app only consumes the six codes generated by a 2FA device. And if you have backup codes, you cannot place them there. So you’re not even able to log in into the new app. So you’re forced to use the old app, but to get to the old app, you need to contact support. And even if you install the old app, it will not open because it will tell you to go to the new app. So you kind of have to remove yourself from the manage logins. Well, it gets really crazy. And I think that’s very unprofessional from a product. You can’t basically log in to your data.
Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Initial received a response from chat online support which was helpful....then nothing! I still can't access my account 10 days later! No reply from any of my recent emails. I am now going to legally request my personal data, which they are withholding without my consent! Initially Dashlane was fantastic until something goes wrong then try all your might to get back in to your account! Such a shame customer support lets this company down. I really do get the impression some young lad designed it and can't be bothered resolving issues.

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2021

When I first started using Dashlane I was happy with it. Eventually I had some problems. Dashlane would create multiple passwords, so that I had 2-3 of the same account and passwords. I researched trouble shooting. I could not find anything that would help fix my issues. Dashlane has NO tech support or customer service. I canceled my account and asked for refund of the balance. I ended up getting billed for another year 6 months after I canceled my account. I sent many messages advising them of problems I had experienced and requested them to refund the new charge. I never received a response if any kind. After sending more messages I finally got a reply saying it had been more than 30 days so they would not issue a refund. This is very sad because it could be a good product. SAVE YOUR MONEY. This company has NO tech support and NO customer service. They do not honor their refund policy.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I upgraded my Dashlane password keeper to premium several years ago. Today I found out what I was paying for-nothing. As late as just last night I changed my password to an account that I had only created within the past nine months or so. I logged into the website only to see create an account without noticing the log in in smaller print at the bottom. In the process I created a new password that I immediately changed in dashlane only to be met with the prompt on the app that an account already existed. Despite my many attempts to change my password no e-mail was ever received to reset it. Thankfully, Dashlane now features a password history feature that, in my case, only went back as late as six months ago. There was no record of my password change last night- USELESS! What a waste of money!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I've been using Dashlane successfully for many years. My problem began with their online version. It only imported a few passwords, All remain on my computer but no auto logon. Originally the website I was trying to enter prompted me to set a new password. I've had to resort to copy and pasting. Then Dashlane app offered to save the info, After doing this a few times I created a mess in my passwords. Customer service - no people, no phone, no chat--only Dashy the automated response. I had upgraded to family premium. Within 30 days I was entitled to a refund. Ha!!!! I'd like to give the 0 stars.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

No phone calls to them allowed. 2 days to respond to first email, 5 days to respond to second. Their web page and my credit card both show I'm premium till July 21; they all of a sudden say I'm not. Sent me the same identical non-response twice. Consumer Reports has 4 other p/w managers rated above them (Keeper, 1Password, BitWarden, Lastpass); I'm moving on. They are a Canadian company and have shown less and less interest in keeping their American customers happy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I took Dashlane out of my comp. I find it useless and glitchy and was able to uninstall it thankfully but I know many who cant take it out. But this is the worst program I have every seen, all the reviews I see are horrible for dashlane. I will never put it in my comp. It came preinstalled but it's gone now.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I used both Dashlane and 1password. Dashlane premium is right now couldn't get any worse. So many problems:

1. Auto fill and auto-save only work for some website especially the auto-save that every so often will save my password. (I have to do it manually like handbook.)
    2. I used dashlane 2fa code as well names security code, the auto-fill doesn't work for that either. (Customer support told me they are fixing it, that was 3 months ago.)
    3. Some settings always goes back to default even when I changed it. (Like how I don't wanna be asked to enter master password when I want to view my card number but again and again it happens.)

4. They recently fixed the 14 days login. Thank you. Although dashlane should thank us for being patient with their slow process.

Only good thing about them is the UI and they reply your email, at least you have hope someone is there doing something. Oh btw the VPN is good.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Very pleased for the past 3 years, although must simplify your questions for support since you get answers first as FAQ's, then totally irrelevance.

1) Indicate available for multiple devices, it's true, for our my laptop, android, and desktop.
    2) They also indicate for privacy and security to create another account but at what cost?
    3) Then they indicate family plan and give you prorated price from your premium plan but again have no clue what the real price is?
    4) Working on the 3rd request for my answers.

Note; when you have multiple issues as most below, instead of support you get frequently requested questions, hence a lot of communication.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I really want to provide a positive review, because when Dashlane works, its fantastic. But herein lies the problem. It never works properly. I have used this on many devices, Android phones, iPhones, MacBooks & Windows PCs. Not one of these operates as it should. On Mac, the auto login or fingerprint login never works and for every device, the majority of the time it does not recognise and log you into websites. You either have to reload the page and hope it picks it up or you just end up opening the application every time, looking for your password to manually copy the password and into the website.

A very temperamental offering. And there is next to no support from the support team. Each time I log an issue I am told that my issues only affect a minority so therefore it's not a priority. Great. However I have used Dashlane premium for around 3 years now and not one of these issues has ever been fixed! I definitely will not be renewing and switching to an alternative, like LastPass, which has always worked as intended when I have used for business.

Dashlane author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dashlane is a standalone password manager that can be run on a computer or smartphone. It saves all sorts of sensitive information, not just passwords.

• Dashlane is easy to install and use: Users can quickly and easily download and install it on their computers and mobile devices.

• Password use is automated: Dashlane works by automatically saving passwords when users enter them online. It then autofills the login screen when the user returns to the site.

• Offers help with password creation: Dashlane offers comprehensive tools for generating secure passwords as well as rates user-generated password strength.

• Password recovery: If a user forgets the master password, he or she has no way to recover it and get back into Dashlane.

• Must install Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication: Users who want an extra layer of security must install a third party app; while this app is highly stable and secure, its presence still represents a security risk.

Dashlane questions and answers

What problem is Dashlane trying to solve?
    Dashlane is focused on making identity and payments simple and secure everywhere.
    What sets Dashlane apart from the competition?
    We place a priority simplicity and universality. Dashlane is designed so even the most novice users will be able to easily navigate the product. We strive to have this same simple user experience on every platform.
    What needs does Dashlane fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Dashlane helps users manager their online identity with a fully-featured password manager and secure digital wallet app. Dashlane allows its users to securely manage passwords, credit cards, IDs, and other important information via advanced encryption and local storage. We have helped 3 million users manage and secure their digital identity, and have enabled over $2 billion in e-commerce transactions.
    How does Dashlane measure success?
    Success in the short-term is based upon user feedback and public reviews of the product. We have worked hard to deliver a great product that works and have been lauded by The New York Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal as having the best product on the market.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about password managers?
    Unfortunately the greatest challenge is that most people do not even know that password and identity managers exist. The majority of the public struggles with organizing and securing their online life and have no idea there are solutions that can fix their problems.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The industry has become more visible as the number of security breaches and hacking incidents have increased. 10 years ago, a product of ours was considered a luxury or non-essential. In today's online climate there is a growing understanding that it is a necessity.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dashlane?
    We wish every consumer knew about identity and password solutions. Most consumers struggle with these issues and are completely unaware about how to tackle the problem. We believe Dashlane offers a solution that merges convenience and security; two elements that consumers often believe are mutually exclusive.
    Has Dashlane received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    We have been selected by the following publications as being the best in our industry:

David Pogue/The New York Times – “Dashlane is life-changingly great.”

The Wall Street Journal – “I recommend Dashlane. It's so simple, so you'll actually use it.”

USA Today – “Bottom line? My nod goes to Dashlane.”

PC Mag – Best Security Product of 2013

CNN Coolest Gadgets of 2013

Highest rated productivity app on iTunes
    How has Dashlane grown or evolved?
    We released a new version of our product that enables users to securely share passwords and have additional features that will be rolled out over the coming year.

We closed a $22 Series B venture funding round in May 2014 which made us the password manager with the most venture funding.

Dashlane Company Information