Dashlane

100%

Compare Password Manager

Research top Password Manager recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Dashlane:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

The version of Dashlane I'm using is free so the price is definitely right. The product worked well for a while, until Windows 10 / Edge, and the program will not work with Edge. It was easy to install and get set up properly. Adding new accounts was easy enough and upgrades have improved that process making it even better/easier. Once into the program it is ok to use, but the automatic updating feature for passwords will not function properly when using Microsoft Windows Edge browser so anytime a password is changed you have to remember to go into the program to change it. I have not run into any problems with security being breached, although I'm not sure how I would know it was an issue with Dashlane if something was to occur.

I highly recommend Dashlane as your password manager. It is easier to use than other password managers I have tried. It is well worth the premium app to give you a bit of extra password security. This app is very easy to install and master. I think you will find it better than most password managers. An autofill application is also included. It took me no time to master using this application. Within a few minutes I felt like I have been using it forever. I have used other password managers before. This one is as good and even better than most. Security will not be an issue to you with this application. I use it to save receipts and banking information without even thinking my information will be compromised.

It is extremely helpful in preventing identity theft by allowing me to have many different passwords for all of my different accounts. It will remember every password. Installation was quick and easy. It didn't take up much space and only about 5 min to install. Quick and easy to use for people of all ages. Extremely easy to use and navigate. Makes it easy to change passwords and update them as deemed necessary. Very user friendly application. So far it has been very secure. It will update passwords as needed to prevent any security theft from gaining access to my personal information. Would recommend.

Majorly incompetent customer service. You will be corresponding, via a ridiculous back and forth email process, with very unreasonable, unhelpful "customer service" reps. I bought Dashlane on the recommendation of a friend. I will say, as a service, it seemed like it had potential. It was a bit glitchy (auto login worked about 50% of the time, the wallet feature allowed for adding credit cards but not other wallet items (membership cards etc), the password change feature seemed like it could be pretty useful.

So I decided to try the premium service for a year and see how it grew on me. Through my iphone app, I "upgraded" to premium. This cost me 39.99 for 1 year. I was charged on my itunes account, and assumed I had premium features. But I noticed that I still was not syncing across devices, and it wasn't working as smoothly for me as it did for my friend. I looked several weeks later, and it still had me as a free account, telling me to upgrade to premium to enjoy all the awesome features of the dashlane elite.

I double checked on my itunes account, sure enough they charged me 39.99 and I had a "subscription" to dashlane premium until October of 2016. Honest mistake right? Easily correctable surely for a tech company? I repeatedly asked for someone to call me to straighten this out. No one did. After providing them with lots of documentation from Apple of my purchase, I finally gave up and asked for a refund when they said they wouldn't accept a forwarded invoice from Apple but instead wanted a screen shot of said invoice. And if customer service is important to you, think about another service for your password

management.

I was hoping that Dashlane would end all of my problems of remembering passwords but that has not happened. It worked fairly well on my old Dell computer with Windows 7. I installation a new Dell with Windows 8.1 pro. It now has a mind of its own. I can log in to one of my bank accounts with my old computer. When I use the new computer it gets confused. It is trying to use a log in for some other account. I have deleted the password and tried to enter the log in info manually and it refuses to accept my new information. I have tried to contact them with no response to my inquires. I even paid for the premium. So far I am not happy with this product. I have had it try to repeatedly log into one of my accounts and have it try to the point that I had to reset passwords. I don't like passwords in the first place so this is quite troubling. At this point I would not recommend this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dashlane is a standalone password manager that can be run on a computer or smartphone. It saves all sorts of sensitive information, not just passwords.

• Dashlane is easy to install and use: Users can quickly and easily download and install it on their computers and mobile devices.
  • Password use is automated: Dashlane works by automatically saving passwords when users enter them online. It then autofills the login screen when the user returns to the site.
  • Offers help with password creation: Dashlane offers comprehensive tools for generating secure passwords as well as rates user-generated password strength.
  • Password recovery: If a user forgets the master password, he or she has no way to recover it and get back into Dashlane.
  • Must install Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication: Users who want an extra layer of security must install a third party app; while this app is highly stable and secure, its presence still represents a security risk.
  • Best for People who can’t remember passwords

Question and Answers - Dashlane

What problem is Dashlane trying to solve?

Dashlane is focused on making identity and payments simple and secure everywhere.

What sets Dashlane apart from the competition?

We place a priority simplicity and universality. Dashlane is designed so even the most novice users will be able to easily navigate the product. We strive to have this same simple user experience on every platform.

What needs does Dashlane fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Dashlane helps users manager their online identity with a fully-featured password manager and secure digital wallet app. Dashlane allows its users to securely manage passwords, credit cards, IDs, and other important information via advanced encryption and local storage. We have helped 3 million users manage and secure their digital identity, and have enabled over $2 billion in e-commerce transactions.

How does Dashlane measure success?

Success in the short-term is based upon user feedback and public reviews of the product. We have worked hard to deliver a great product that works and have been lauded by The New York Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal as having the best product on the market.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about password managers?

Unfortunately the greatest challenge is that most people do not even know that password and identity managers exist. The majority of the public struggles with organizing and securing their online life and have no idea there are solutions that can fix their problems.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The industry has become more visible as the number of security breaches and hacking incidents have increased. 10 years ago, a product of ours was considered a luxury or non-essential. In today's online climate there is a growing understanding that it is a necessity.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dashlane?

We wish every consumer knew about identity and password solutions. Most consumers struggle with these issues and are completely unaware about how to tackle the problem. We believe Dashlane offers a solution that merges convenience and security; two elements that consumers often believe are mutually exclusive.

Has Dashlane received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

We have been selected by the following publications as being the best in our industry:

David Pogue/The New York Times – “Dashlane is life-changingly great.”

The Wall Street Journal – “I recommend Dashlane. It's so simple, so you'll actually use it.”

USA Today – “Bottom line? My nod goes to Dashlane.”

PC Mag – Best Security Product of 2013

CNN Coolest Gadgets of 2013

Highest rated productivity app on iTunes

How has Dashlane grown or evolved?

We released a new version of our product that enables users to securely share passwords and have additional features that will be rolled out over the coming year.

We closed a $22 Series B venture funding round in May 2014 which made us the password manager with the most venture funding.

Compare Password Manager