1.67/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

70 Dashlane Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was using another password manager and all of a sudden in one of my notebooks appeared pop-ups from Dashlane when I was trying to open my database. The msg was "password incorrect" and it seems Dashlane has spoiled it. Fortunately I had backups, but their commercial campaign to sell was more than disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I paid for Premium and have reported numerous times it appears someone had been poking around my password list as it will be expanded when I keep it collapsed. The code generator stopped working and I reported that several times and only get back the most basic, boilerplate responses that never address exactly what I took the time to outline in my email nor offering any fixes. No phone support, no email to the executive office, no help. Oh, after reporting the code generator doesn't work, therefore, I cannot log into the desktop version, they tell me to use the chat feature. How can I access this when I cannot log in? Stupid ineffective customer service. This has been a horrible experience and I will be dropping Dashlane. New users beware!

Get expert buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

No phone support, Took over a month to resolve issue. The chat support was severely lacking in their ability to solve a problem. Horrible experience in answering a simple question. One of the worst customer support experiences I've had. They wanted to control my screen, but wouldn't talk using the audio capabilities of Zoom. What a waste of time. Trying to communicate with smoke signals would have been as effective.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have been using Dashlane for over a year and have requested problems to be fixed - they have not been fixed. It is cumbersome to use Dashlane in that logging in is tedious. To be clear to use Dashlane on mobile or Desktop a master password must be used and to be safe a lengthy password or multiple types of characters should be used. Yet trying to use their own feature of Windows passcode cannot be relied on. It will function until it stops functioning. They used to have a feature of keeping you logged in, that went away; now they have a two-week window to keep you logged in, but a user isn't assured of that working either.

My point is that a user is forced to have a text file located on the device to copy and paste. Clunky and not safe or useful. Also if a user has a lot of passwords there isn't a speedy way to find them. They offer a search feature but it doesn't work at times; not reliable. I requested a simple Alphabetized list or grid, they didn't respond. Also, syncing to mobile from desktop or vice versa isn't assured-sometimes the sync never happens. Also, they tout a major feature of never having to sign into websites: that feature is a joke as many websites change their pages without notice and combine sign-ins on a single page requiring a selected dropdown.

When the feature is installed a web browser, Dashlane will try to fill in any text block that matches what it thinks are correct and many times the pages are thus filled in incorrectly. Also, if the Dashlane is installed on a web browser and a user hovers over a particular UserID or password block a popup appears asking if you want to change your password or UserID; so clunky. It is better to uninstall the feature. Today I have had enough and will be going back to a PWM that is much simpler and I feel safer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had the free Dashlane service for a few months, which was, in retrospect, barely adequate. Then I foolishly decided to spend the money and get the Premium service. It never worked as promised -- just as badly as the free service -- and there is NO phone Customer Service. When I used the Chat feature, they couldn't help me at all. Sending a request by email got no response. What a disappointment. Find another password protector company. This one is not customer friendly and the Customer Support, unfortunately, is one of the worst I've ever dealt with. I'm sorry to be a downer, but if I had read this review before spending the money, I would honestly have gone somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have had subscriptions with Dashlane off and on because it didn't always work for me. On August 2, 2018, I ordered a new subscription for the Premium version which included some new features I wanted to try out. Shortly after that I decided to uninstall the software because it wasn't saving my passwords which was an issue before and it was repeatedly prompting me to log in which was annoying. Since I paid in full for the subscription there was no way I could cancel it and get a refund. I figure that's why they make us pay annually and not monthly which is an unfair advantage for the customer.

Since that time, I deleted the email address I used for that subscription because of identity theft issues that are too lengthy to explain here. I had to get rid of that email address, my cell phone, and my cell phone number because of it and I explained to the person at Dashlane that I no longer had access to that email address which means I could not log into the software unless they changed it for me. This is something Dashlane has to do for me since I had done it before without issue.

On October 30, 2018, I sent them an email requesting they change my email address to replace what they already had on file. My case is probably different from most because the email address that I had to use to sign in was another one that had been deleted back in 2016, but I still had to use it to log in. It could not be used for their verification codes so I had to use the former new email address that I am trying to replace now for those codes.

After several emails passed around from one person to another, the bottom line on their end is I have to submit a copy of an identification card to them to verify my identity. As a recent victim of identity theft and high risk from previous cases, this was not an option for me. I told all of them I was not sending a copy of any identification because it was a security risk especially for sending via email. I told them forget it. For the record, this is what they required to change my email and give me back access to my subscription which they were denying me:

"Could you please send me a copy (picture or scan) of your ID?", "Could you please give me the name of the two devices you are most active on with Dashlane?", "Could you please tell me how many passwords are saved in your Dashlane application (approximately)?", "Could you please confirm with me when your Dashlane account was created (month and year)?"

I told them there was no way I can answer most of these questions because I have no access to my passwords since they are preventing me access. The "two devices" question didn't make much sense either since often I forget to deactivate older devices and I had gotten rid of a few laptops recently. I couldn't tell them how many passwords I had because I haven't used Dashlane since I uninstalled it and there was no way to look it up without access which Dashlane was blocking me from. As for when the account was created, I wasn't sure whether they were talking about my original subscription in 2016 or this new one. I gave them an estimate.

Since then all I am getting from Dashlane representatives is a request for ID which is very suspicious to me. I asked them what good is my ID going to do them in relation to my email address change since there is no information on an ID card that could be compared to anything on record. It sounded like a scam to me. November 2 is the last time I received an email from Dashlane. November 5, I sent them the original email that showed when I paid this current subscription and haven't heard back from them. I doubt I will since they are intent on me providing my ID card and I refuse to since I never had to do it before when I had my email changed. Why now and for what reason?

I requested in my email of November 5 that I would like my subscription cancelled and I do not want it to renew. I cannot do this myself within the software since they have me blocked out of it. I think it is outrageous that Dashlane can hold my account hostage when I paid for it already and now using extortion tactics to give me back my access.

I told them I am not interested in the passwords or other data in my account because all of the passwords were recently deleted, the email address is long gone, and any other data in my account is useless. A solution would be to just open up a new account (free version), but I'm disconnected from my subscription and there is no way to get it back without them changing my email address. I keep emphasizing I do not need the data and it can be stripped. They aren't listening to me about that and keep saying they cannot do it unless I can show who I am. Ridiculous.

I doubt I can get a partial refund even though they owe me one for preventing me access. However if no refund is possible at the very lease I want my subscription and renewal cancelled so I am not charged again next year. They didn't respond to that email so I have no idea what they are doing. Probably nothing if they're still waiting for that ID card I won't send them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Just to mention that it took almost 2 GB of the hard drive space. It is a comfortable to have the passwords on one space, and especially that you can automatically log in to a lots of pages and services, but I'm curious what it's doing on the background within those 2 GB of space.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Feels like a very immature solution. Microsoft Edge Dashlane Extension: total disaster. Took a very long time to load. Firefox: Comparably bad to Edge, some (ie: Paypal) do not autofill. Ironically manual fill is faster. I will be using some other product. Do not bother with this.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. I have Dashlane premium since about last 5 years and I never used it as I paid for almost 10 years in advance when I bought it without researching. When I tried to use it on my all PC's including LINUX I got to know they do not even have LINUX software. As they still do not have but somehow after 5 years they managed to build a plugin which do not allow you all access to your Dashlane account.

Now let's come to the worst part. I gave Dashlane website a visit today and thought about to use my account again. Then I thought why don't I upgrade my account for more years as I have decided to use it again. I still have 5 years on my account already by the way. They mention on their website $3.33 and $39.99 of total. But what they did not mention is about their renewal price. As I was already a premium user I entered my previous account email and as soon as their system detected my email the price went to $59.99 which make it $5/Month. Seriously? This awful company who managed to release their just 1 plugin after 5 years and not even capable of hiring someone is charging me $59.99 for 1 year?

Now they might come up with lame excuse like read our terms and conditions and bla bla bla. Dude you are selling a product. You must give users a sign on the pricing like other companies like a star (*) sign which identifies that terms and conditions applied. Or write this line in your sales box. NO there is nothing written about $60. This is hidden cost scam.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchased Dashlane software based largely on online reviews. Installed fine, but unfortunately when I went to actually change a password, the menu option to do so was missing. Worked with Dashlane customer support opening two separate tickets, they had me waste hours uninstalling and reinstalling the software, to no avail. Never worked. Then when I asked for a refund, they refused. Worst experience with a software app in years.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have a Dashlane Premium Subscription that expires on June 8, 2019 and use Dashlane on my MAC desktop running software version 10.12.6. I use both Firefox and Chrome as my browsers. During the course of the last several months, I've had to restart my computer 4 times after upgrading other software programs. Following each restart, EACH and every time I attempt to connect to the Dashlane VPN, the Dashlane product states that I must "Buy Premium" and preventing me from connecting to the VPN for which I'm paying.

This situation has occurred on 4 separate occasions and the response from Dashlane (I'm still waiting for their 4th response) is that I am at fault and that I must uninstall Dashlane and reinstall Dashlane or take some action denying or granting access (whatever that means). I've asked why the company has not fixed this SNAFU to which either the customer service or tech support rep states that Dashlane is aware of the problem and working to fix it.

I ask, "How many years does it take to fix a known software problem?" Because of my experiences with Dashlane's VPN, I will not renew my subscription to this otherwise excellent password managing product. Dashlane has certainly strayed well outside their technical knowledge base and is offering a VPN service with their password product that the company knows is flawed when used on a MAC.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I liked Dashlane when I first got it, but now it doesn't work for Firefox. Luckily it works for Chrome, but only about 3/4 of the time. Support said they would let me know when Dashlane was fixed for Firefox, but I doubt if I will ever hear from them. I'm using Windows 10.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I read the other reviews that expressed frustration regarding Dashlane's slow customer service and was on the verge of requesting cancelation of my Dashlane premium account, but finally, after a week of slow customer service communication and inadequate help Dashlane resolved my problem. So my suggestion to other's experiencing problems with Dashlane is to hang in there. In the end the solution was not complicated and the instructions they sent me were easy to follow. I needed to remove the version of Dashlane that I downloaded from the Mac app store and install the newer version of Dashlane directly from their site.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Ditto all the comments on the opaque communication process. No phone no chat. They took my money. I paid last year (frankly don't remember that upfront commitment) but it was $150.00 for 5 years of Dashlane Premium. Last week I decided to upgrade to Premium Plus when I set up a new laptop. The advertising says 10.00 per month for Premium Plus. Well, they charged me 119.99 through iTunes even though I ordered it on the website while in my current account. I immediately tried to remove it but no way to do it.

When you go to iTunes subscriptions, where they send you, it only gives you the option to downgrade to Premium for 59.99 a year vs. 119.99 a year for Premium Plus. No ability to cancel. So these clowns have way more of my money than I want them to. If you have been through the email support you are alarmed at the lack of comprehension or ability to speak English and it takes days for them to respond. I can't believe we trust our security to these people. I'm an idiot.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Their IOS app seems to work ok, however their desktop version (for Windows + Browsers) is incredibly buggy. I've now had Dashlane for over 4 years (across different versions and computers) and, since the beginning, their app will at times randomly crash or just not work. I'm tech savvy so I can force-quit it and relaunch but my less tech-savvy parents are always calling me that the app won't open (at which point rebooting is the easiest way to fix it). Honestly, I've had it with Dashlane. I'm not sure why but they refuse to fix it (or have incompetent desktop developers - try QAing the damn thing). I've switched over to LastPass (which has a totally free version that syncs across devices) and it seems to work fine.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I've been using LastPass for years... maybe 8 years now. I think. In any case LastPass worked for me despite its quirks. Then the 2015 hack of LastPass happened which gave me pause. Then they updated their front ends in 2017 which then caused all sorts of headaches. I had enough and started looking for another password manager.

I have been using Dashlane for the past month and it's been a breath of fresh air. Yes it doesn't work on all websites, (LastPass didn't either) but it's easy enough to pull up the app (on my OS X machine) and search for my password. Easier and faster than LastPass. On my Note 8, it doesn't work with the Samsung browser, but again, it's easy enough for me to swipe to the app, find my password, copy and swipe right back. Although I wish it integrated better with the Samsung browser, it works well enough. In any case I give this 4 stars as the product has worked well for me so far. I realize there is no phone number for customer support but that's fine. I don't like calling and wasting time being on hold anyway. Email support is preferred.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I've been inundated with so many constant changing passwords at this point that I was desperate to find one solution to help manage all of them. After reading the PC Magazine review I spent the $59.99 on August 5th, 2018 for 1 year of Dashlane Premium and while it would take a bit longer for my PC to load it was nice to see all of my passwords in one place. Being that we all have a ton of passwords I used a random password generator to come up with a Dashlane master password and didn't write it down because just like IT security 101 says - "Don't write down your passwords."

Come today I turn on my computer and Dashlane opens and tells me I'm forced to change my password without letting me log in first with the original password! No I don't remember my original master password that's THE WHOLE POINT OF A PASSWORD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM!!! If you don't remember your master password there is no recovery option. The only option is to uninstall which then wipes all of your Dashlane passwords meaning you have to start again from scratch!!! So let me get this straight... now I need to find a way to manage my passwords for a company that wants to manage my passwords??? Total garbage!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Dashlane is complete garbage. They did not send us any notification of account issues and removed some of our data (ie. They Lost Our Data!). We are saying goodbye to Dashlane. I mean these clowns want to charge you UPFRONT for an entire year of service. No monthly options. So when their software breaks and no longer functions, they don't have to offer any customer service whatsoever. With their recent rollout, I wonder if we are the only ones with these issues or if it is systemic. Rating: 0.5 out of 5.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've been using Dashlane for 3 years as a Premium user. It's always been 'quirky' and iOS always requires cut and paste despite repeated contact with support. My main usage is desktop. V6 release just made Dashlane desktop unusable. Entering a password automatically or manually can take 20-20 seconds. Opening Dashlane to find and open a password record can take up to 1 minute.

I reported to support on August 8. Had 'nice' reply 3 days later but basically said 're-install as new version will fix.' When that didn't work and reported straight back took 1 week for new response which said the same, i.e. reinstall new version. Told them that was no good and I wanted it elevated. It was elevated, to second level. That was 5 days ago. Black hole - no response. Even sent screen cams to show exactly the time delay - waste of time. If you really wanted to hack people off it is quite easy - just do what Dashlane support do - i.e. treat premium customers as if they weren't important.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased Dashlane Premium a few weeks ago, and so far, it has been a nightmare. My purpose in purchasing was to improve security of my many logins, keep all login info in one secure location, and to be able to sync across my devices (laptops, phone, iPad). The software documentation claims to do all of that, and the PC Magazine reviews were solid, so I purchased a 3-year subscription for $99. Big mistake.

If you only used one device (not sure that applies to anyone these days), it wouldn't be so bad, but it does not work well across multiple devices. I eventually got the app installed everywhere, and the information is synced, but there are many operational issues. For instance, when you pull up a site that requires a login, Dashlane may or may not fill in the info. Since the passwords are made impossible to remember, you will need to access the Dashlane app, search for the particular account, enter the master password, and then copy and paste the account password into the site.

It really kills productivity/efficiency. On my laptops, I would guess that Dashlane fills in the password maybe 60-70% of the time, as long as you're not on a site that requires IE/MS Edge. Dashlane does not work with the Microsoft browser (that's a pretty big miss!). With the iPhone, Dashlane NEVER enters the password. That always requires the lookup and copy/paste. Very frustrating.

Another problem I've run into is the difficulty in changing passwords within the app. Sounds crazy, I know. Changing a password in a password manager ought to be the easiest thing to do, but it isn't. Here's the scenario - my banking app now logs me out and disables touch ID since installing Dashlane, so I have to go through the lookup, copy, and paste routine to get into my banking app on my phone. Then, it asks me for other identifying info and requires that I change my password (you'll be changing passwords more often than you change your socks once you download this software!).

I go to the Dashlane app and look for an option to generate a new password. No such option exists! There is a "password changer" button, but it only works with a few sites. How do you change passwords on other sites? The only way I've found is to manually change the password on the site to something not secure, and save that to Dashlane, which then will usually note that it's weak and recommend generating a new one. It works, but very cumbersome and time-consuming!

Dashlane also advertises the ability to store payment info securely and automatically fill in websites when making purchases. I've only tried this once, and it did not work. I now have a Dilemma - I'm not sure whether I can cancel and get a refund, as Dashlane has essentially no customer support, even if I do cancel it, the nightmare will continue, as I have 100+ system-generated passwords out there and will need to document them all somewhere. My advice - do not purchase this software! Save yourself from hours of headaches.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have used Dashlane for a couple of years, a satisfied customer. All of a sudden this week - apparently after the introduction of a new version (V.6 update) - my 100% safe storage of some 90 passwords became an apparent cesspool of some 60 "compromised" passwords. Bad as that may be, what's even more upsetting is that even with my premium (i.e. PAID) status, supposedly providing extra customer service, I cannot get help. There is only email contact, and while my message received a machine acknowledgment, no contact was made. There is no phone support and a supposed chat widget is nowhere to be found. It's a shame to do this to a service that was commendable... until now.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I used Dashlane for the last 10 months with a Dashlane Premium account across my phone and 2 computers, one of which was my work laptop. My work laptop, I will admit, is behind when it comes to versions of OS X and could use an update. However, that is out of my control and it isn't THAT far behind. I loved Dashlane until recently a new update to Dashlane dropped support for the version of OS X I had on my work laptop.

Here's my problem with that. For the last 10 months Dashlane has been storing my passwords and personal data, and even generating the passwords for me. It was great, but now 1 day they've just decided to limit my access to that data on one machine. I paid for a year of Dashlane Premium, but can no longer take advantage of it as I did. The issue here is that I paid for a year of subscription and Dashlane has not held up to supporting my machine for that year. The second and more important issue is that Dashlane has collected my data and then restricted my access to that data. This is completely unfair. A company like Dashlane should be built on a reputation of trust and they clearly broke that trust here.

I contacted support to see if there was a way I could get an older version of the extension and obviously they wanted no part in that and wanted everyone on the new version. I asked for a refund on my last 2 months of Premium as I could no longer sync across all my devices and would like to go to a competing service. I got nowhere with support. After 3 days of talks with support I got escalated to Tier 2 support. After 2 weeks (!!!) I finally got a response that just repeated that the refund period was 30 days. Again, I can't give my personal data to a company with a support team that is so unresponsive.

It's not about the $17 I would like back, it's about the integrity of Dashlane. Any company that asks to hold personal data of any kind should be held to a high standard. They are setting a high bar. Dashlane can keep my $17, it's a small price to pay to find out this company isn't trustworthy, I'm glad I found out now and my data is safe, and I can remove and move it before an actual issue occurs and I need to rely on Dashlane for anything.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Have been using Dashlane premium for a couple of weeks on two systems. Passwords are properly synced between the two. One oddity: your Dashlane account ID is your password when you sign up for Dashlane. If your email address ever changes, there's no way to change your Dashlane ID. You can change the email address that they send notifications to, but not your ID. Seems a bit shortsighted.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I just paid $99.99 to renew this program, only because I can't afford to lose all of my password data. I have come to loathe this program. When I complained to Dashlane very recently, they wrote back "Maybe the problem is because you use Dashlane on more than one device"! Duh! I want syncing between my phone and laptop and PC, isn't that what they promise?

Why does Dashlane ask if I want to save a password when it just signed me in? Why, when I delete a password on Dashlane in order to get a clean slate and start over, does it remember my old password and interfere in my process? Why does Dashlane not work at all on some sites? Why do I have to copy my own password from Dashlane in order to log into a site? Why do I find multiple listings of the same site in Dashlane on so many different sites? I am getting rid of this program as soon as possible. I used to like it, but the longer I have it the more I dislike it because the performance has deteriorated over time. :(

Original review: July 22, 2018

App logs you out of all your accounts. As the major ones have two factor authentication enabled, using Dashlane will force you to use it every time. That means having to take out my mobile and load up the app and enter the new code. This is a real annoyance. I'm happy for my browser to remember once and not have to re-log in every single time. Sure, I know it's secure, but the point of a password manager is to make things quicker and more convenient, right? As everything important already had an extra layer of protection, I don't feel Dashlane adds anything useful at all.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Not sure why a lot of 1 stars are throwing such things around, however they must have some sort of problems I cannot figure out from here. I also did take the ratings Dashlane had and still has, since then the product has exceeded some expectations. I thought it might slightly disappoint, but it has worked perfectly and I had to use support once. Support was no hassle and quick. The only issue I have and this may be for all PW management software is using logins for web hosts that use WordPress.

Logins are many and the PW manager may not know the exact time to throw a login since the links are different when one changes any PWs. Dashlane allows me to edit them all to keep them organized, however, due to the nature of sites out there and how they all do PW changes differently by link/screens, this is the only issue, and it rarely causes any real problem. No issues here, sorry to see others do, the ratings I saw DO hold up. I use W10 and it also works on my Samsung S7 Edge. Syncing works, but sometimes the PW manager does not trigger, again, probably due to links being different on specific functions. I suggest Dashlane could upgrade the design to work beyond just hyperlinks to trigger or allow multiple links per login.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I very much regret paying for this crapware. I WILL NOT re-login every few days, that's BS. How can they charge $40 a year and offer zero support??? I use very long complicated password and do not want to have to write it down and keep it nearby or have it constantly available in a text document. This is why I bought software to remember passwords and NOT to have to re-login to the software itself all the time. Very, very poor software. I will have to cancel it before the membership is up. I feel extremely ripped off. Had I know or had any idea that it cannot and will not save my master password on the same computer but for 14 days I would never have bought it. That for me is a deal breaker, but what's even worse is they offer no support whatsoever. Too expensive to not have any support.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I wanted to like this program, but I was unable to import all my info from LastPass. The information provided by Dashlane did not work. I have tried to use their help page some 10 times and it doesn't work. Terrible customer service. I will not use the program nor waste any more time with it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Doesn't work 60% of the time. Why does Dashlane have 5 star reviews in computer magazines, and 1 star reviews elsewhere? I don't understand. My own experience has been pretty dismal -- it just randomly works or doesn't work; sometimes going to the app and copying passwords manually helps, sometimes those passwords have just not been updated. I don't recommend it.

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

The company was responsive in this case and provided me a full refund. Based on the customer service response I have updated my star-rating from one to two stars.

Original review: June 12, 2018

After only 3 months of using this product as a Premium member my password database was erroneously deleted (or corrupted) on both my computer and the cloud. The response received from Dashlane support included, "Thank you for your message. You should not have lost your data this way. We are investigating the cause of this data loss," followed by, "Unfortunately, after more investigation, my software engineer colleague was not able to find why your data got erased and could also not recover it. As a compensation for the loss of your data, we offered you 6-month of Premium for free." I am now attempting to obtain a refund as 6-months of free service does me no good as I do not intend on wasting my time rebuilding my password database only to have it susceptible to accidental deletions.

Dashlane expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dashlane is a standalone password manager that can be run on a computer or smartphone. It saves all sorts of sensitive information, not just passwords.

• Dashlane is easy to install and use: Users can quickly and easily download and install it on their computers and mobile devices.

• Password use is automated: Dashlane works by automatically saving passwords when users enter them online. It then autofills the login screen when the user returns to the site.

• Offers help with password creation: Dashlane offers comprehensive tools for generating secure passwords as well as rates user-generated password strength.

• Password recovery: If a user forgets the master password, he or she has no way to recover it and get back into Dashlane.

• Must install Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication: Users who want an extra layer of security must install a third party app; while this app is highly stable and secure, its presence still represents a security risk.

• Best for: People who can’t remember passwords

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dashlane questions and answers

What problem is Dashlane trying to solve?
Dashlane is focused on making identity and payments simple and secure everywhere.
What sets Dashlane apart from the competition?
We place a priority simplicity and universality. Dashlane is designed so even the most novice users will be able to easily navigate the product. We strive to have this same simple user experience on every platform.
What needs does Dashlane fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Dashlane helps users manager their online identity with a fully-featured password manager and secure digital wallet app. Dashlane allows its users to securely manage passwords, credit cards, IDs, and other important information via advanced encryption and local storage. We have helped 3 million users manage and secure their digital identity, and have enabled over $2 billion in e-commerce transactions.
How does Dashlane measure success?
Success in the short-term is based upon user feedback and public reviews of the product. We have worked hard to deliver a great product that works and have been lauded by The New York Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal as having the best product on the market.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about password managers?
Unfortunately the greatest challenge is that most people do not even know that password and identity managers exist. The majority of the public struggles with organizing and securing their online life and have no idea there are solutions that can fix their problems.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
The industry has become more visible as the number of security breaches and hacking incidents have increased. 10 years ago, a product of ours was considered a luxury or non-essential. In today's online climate there is a growing understanding that it is a necessity.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dashlane?
We wish every consumer knew about identity and password solutions. Most consumers struggle with these issues and are completely unaware about how to tackle the problem. We believe Dashlane offers a solution that merges convenience and security; two elements that consumers often believe are mutually exclusive.
Has Dashlane received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
We have been selected by the following publications as being the best in our industry:

David Pogue/The New York Times – “Dashlane is life-changingly great.”

The Wall Street Journal – “I recommend Dashlane. It's so simple, so you'll actually use it.”

USA Today – “Bottom line? My nod goes to Dashlane.”

PC Mag – Best Security Product of 2013

CNN Coolest Gadgets of 2013

Highest rated productivity app on iTunes
How has Dashlane grown or evolved?
We released a new version of our product that enables users to securely share passwords and have additional features that will be rolled out over the coming year.

We closed a $22 Series B venture funding round in May 2014 which made us the password manager with the most venture funding.

Dashlane Company Information