Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.49/5

Dashlane Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Very pleased for the past 3 years, although must simplify your questions for support since you get answers first as FAQ's, then totally irrelevance.

1) Indicate available for multiple devices, it's true, for our my laptop, android, and desktop.
    2) They also indicate for privacy and security to create another account but at what cost?
    3) Then they indicate family plan and give you prorated price from your premium plan but again have no clue what the real price is?
    4) Working on the 3rd request for my answers.

Note; when you have multiple issues as most below, instead of support you get frequently requested questions, hence a lot of communication.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I really want to provide a positive review, because when Dashlane works, its fantastic. But herein lies the problem. It never works properly. I have used this on many devices, Android phones, iPhones, MacBooks & Windows PCs. Not one of these operates as it should. On Mac, the auto login or fingerprint login never works and for every device, the majority of the time it does not recognise and log you into websites. You either have to reload the page and hope it picks it up or you just end up opening the application every time, looking for your password to manually copy the password and into the website.

A very temperamental offering. And there is next to no support from the support team. Each time I log an issue I am told that my issues only affect a minority so therefore it's not a priority. Great. However I have used Dashlane premium for around 3 years now and not one of these issues has ever been fixed! I definitely will not be renewing and switching to an alternative, like LastPass, which has always worked as intended when I have used for business.

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Have been a Dashlane user for several years - premium version. One bug has existed for a couple years and another for the past several months. Both of these have been discussed at length with their technical support. No resolution other than "reinstall Dashlane" has ever been offered. Reinstallation of the app and the browser extension ahs not resolved either problem. The two problems are seen in Windows 10 but not in IOS.

Problem 1 - Dashlane will not consistently supply a user id and password for some commonly used websites.

Problem 2 - Dashlane unlocks the security preferences and changes them so that the Master password is required for every website.

They also have a tendency to pass the email chain between support personnel who apparently don't read what was already suggested and tried. That is, you get the same unhelpful suggestions from multiple support persons.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

After using my very expensive Dashlane Premium for a few months I am desperate to figure out how to get it off my computer. Where to begin wit the issues? Basically it does nothing it's supposed to to do. It continually logs out so you cannot rely on it to auto sign. Websites often don't recognize the auto sign and there are continued problems with generating and saving new passwords. Most frustratingly I have several times gotten locked out of various accounts I use because of login issues with this software. Don't buy this product -- it's supposed to make login processes smooth and effortless and it has instead made it a constant hassle and frustration.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Considering the price we paid as a small business for this product the lack of support is incredibly disappointing. Time and time again we have written to support to try to resolve issues and receive robotic responses. I have not been able to use the mobile app for several months. It is one star from me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I used Dashlane for a few months. It was easy to set up, and incredibly difficult to move away from. Troubleshooting and options are very limited. I'm used to have control over my PC, Dashlane commandeered it. Notifications would pop up constantly, over site content, over desktop with no way to stem the flow. Out of all the passwords I keep, only 5 were eligible for smart password replacement (a feature which replaces your passwords with long and secure ones). Meaning that if I wanted to improve my security, I'd need to spend days replacing passwords one by one. Options for this program, including Advanced Options are not robust enough for me to customise what I wanted, or remove intrusive Dashlane ads, popups and marks wherever there's a password to be entered. When I moved away from dashlane, I just abandoned all the passwords, most were unchanged. I don't know how to get them back at any point.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

When I downloaded this software at no time did they mention that the product in the form presented was good only for 30 days. After that you have to pay $ 59.99 per year which is overpriced. All I really needed was a place to look up my passwords rather than keep it in a notebook. Even then I found the product very mediocre. Stay away from them!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

After purchasing Dashlane Premium and using it for the past couple of months I have now removed it from my laptop and phone for various reasons. There is an opening page each time you turn your computer on asking you to login with your pin or with your master password and there is a small tick box to keep you connected for fourteen days which I thought was a good idea for me as I live alone and nobody has access to my laptop but that didn't work. Each time you shut down or reset your computer you will be asked for your password or pin. When referring this issue with Dashlane I got the response of uninstall the program then re-install it which I did and that was another twenty minutes of my life gone that I won't get back, and still this problem persisted.

On checking this program has not been updated since 2017 and in my mail to Dashlane I said the I thought it time that they worked on fixing all the small niggly problems that people like me are also finding fault with this disastrous program. Another thing I am unsure of is I never used Dashlane as a password manager for my purchases due to just a sense of insecurity revealing sensitive passwords in that sphere. It appears in today's current climate there are hackers who can hack anything so I am maybe possibly a little afraid using the net for banking. Though I do use my own banks app online but then if it's hacked the bank pays should funds be lost.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I have tried Dashlane for at least 2 years. It is consistently slow to open, slow to respond when it does open, and freezes unexpectedly during use. I have followed every instruction Customer Service has provided in attempts to fix the issue, but there has not been a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

It is designed for security and to save time on logging in to many different apps. You have a master password which you *must* remember as there's no reset and then details of all your logins are stored in your vault. Unfortunately, after a while of using it, it keeps asking repeatedly if you want to unlink your accounts, upgrade, do this, do that, before you can log in. If it asked you to do this once a month, I wouldn't mind, but the requests are a bit excessive.

Dashlane author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dashlane is a standalone password manager that can be run on a computer or smartphone. It saves all sorts of sensitive information, not just passwords.

• Dashlane is easy to install and use: Users can quickly and easily download and install it on their computers and mobile devices.

• Password use is automated: Dashlane works by automatically saving passwords when users enter them online. It then autofills the login screen when the user returns to the site.

• Offers help with password creation: Dashlane offers comprehensive tools for generating secure passwords as well as rates user-generated password strength.

• Password recovery: If a user forgets the master password, he or she has no way to recover it and get back into Dashlane.

• Must install Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication: Users who want an extra layer of security must install a third party app; while this app is highly stable and secure, its presence still represents a security risk.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dashlane questions and answers

What problem is Dashlane trying to solve?
      Dashlane is focused on making identity and payments simple and secure everywhere.
      What sets Dashlane apart from the competition?
      We place a priority simplicity and universality. Dashlane is designed so even the most novice users will be able to easily navigate the product. We strive to have this same simple user experience on every platform.
      What needs does Dashlane fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Dashlane helps users manager their online identity with a fully-featured password manager and secure digital wallet app. Dashlane allows its users to securely manage passwords, credit cards, IDs, and other important information via advanced encryption and local storage. We have helped 3 million users manage and secure their digital identity, and have enabled over $2 billion in e-commerce transactions.
      How does Dashlane measure success?
      Success in the short-term is based upon user feedback and public reviews of the product. We have worked hard to deliver a great product that works and have been lauded by The New York Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal as having the best product on the market.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about password managers?
      Unfortunately the greatest challenge is that most people do not even know that password and identity managers exist. The majority of the public struggles with organizing and securing their online life and have no idea there are solutions that can fix their problems.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      The industry has become more visible as the number of security breaches and hacking incidents have increased. 10 years ago, a product of ours was considered a luxury or non-essential. In today's online climate there is a growing understanding that it is a necessity.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dashlane?
      We wish every consumer knew about identity and password solutions. Most consumers struggle with these issues and are completely unaware about how to tackle the problem. We believe Dashlane offers a solution that merges convenience and security; two elements that consumers often believe are mutually exclusive.
      Has Dashlane received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      We have been selected by the following publications as being the best in our industry:

David Pogue/The New York Times – “Dashlane is life-changingly great.”

The Wall Street Journal – “I recommend Dashlane. It's so simple, so you'll actually use it.”

USA Today – “Bottom line? My nod goes to Dashlane.”

PC Mag – Best Security Product of 2013

CNN Coolest Gadgets of 2013

Highest rated productivity app on iTunes
      How has Dashlane grown or evolved?
      We released a new version of our product that enables users to securely share passwords and have additional features that will be rolled out over the coming year.

We closed a $22 Series B venture funding round in May 2014 which made us the password manager with the most venture funding.

Dashlane Company Information