Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Dashlane Reviews

Original review: May 6, 2020

I've been paying for Dashlane for several years. Lately there has been no kind of support when there is a problem with the software. They expect you to resolve all issues by reviewing their archived support, which doesn't fit all problems. It's just so they can save money by not having staff and forcing their customers in resolving their issues, while paying for it too. That's it not what I consider support - it's stealing. Dashlane is useless. I'm looking for another password manager. Dashlane no longer has the support they use to have from me.

Original review: April 29, 2020

$60.00 a year for untold harassment. They get your credit card number. They will not let you cancel and renew you every year for a service that is worse than useless and you cannot get it out of your computer. Conflicts with Samsung fingerprint and Google will not work at all with the majority of websites I use and you cannot get rid of it. Once they assign a password, lots of luck trying to find out what it is. Support is non existent. The only thing they can to do efficiently is take your money!!!!

Get buying tips about Password Manager delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Ugh... Dashlane sounds great on the surface. Decent price for a Premium license with good features. But...you can not rely on this software. One day it will work, then the next it stops auto-filling usernames and passwords. Go ahead and reach out to support and they want you to record your screen so they can see it. Really? They have to be aware of the problem just from looking at the reviews here. Do not trust the other review sites as those reviews are most likely fake which is common with a lot of software vendors. I really wanted Dashlane to work but it doesn't 50% of the time. PLEASE DASHLANE - fix your software!!!!

Original review: March 20, 2020

Tested the app for a month and until then everything was fine. Then I purchased the premium abonnement. Big ** Mistake.... Now I got Problems with two banking sites. The browser extension in all 3 browsers which are supported do not fill in the login credentials. Where should be the username it tries to fill in Identity instead of Username. Reported several times a problem for this sites. No reaction. Not even an info mail from Dashlane that they would work on my problem or so...

So I tried to help myself. Googled and found this help article on their site: "Dashlane isn't working on a specific website. What can I do?" I mean it is an official support site. And so I thought I missed that I could fix the problem myself. Got back to one of my banking sites and tried. But there clearly is not even the option "Experiencing an autofill issue? Fix it now."!!!! Why would you deprecate such an option? I mean there wouldn't be a support site mentioning it if it hasn't been implemented at some time, would it? I tried the second site I got problems with. Nope no option to fix my problem either. Thought I maybe missed a new version of the application or of the browser extension. No. No new version either... Maybe this option shows up in Firefox or Internet Explorer (I mainly use Chrome). No, definitely no option to fix my problem on my own...(**!!!!)

Whatsoever I searched the support site and saw a help button where you can start a chat. I hoped that I can somehow chat with their support. Nope... a **... chatbot... It couldn't help me. As I asked for help with autofill problems on specific sites it just linked to the help article I mentioned before. Other possibility was to leave a message... so I did that. Again. As before in the browser extension I told them in every detail what exactly my problem is. What I already tried and so on. Attached screenshots to show that the option is missing so I can not fix it myself. Two weeks later still no reaction. And now I canceled my subscription and am going to tell everyone that wanna listen not ever ever ever to buy this or pay for this application. They don't listen and they clearly don't wanna help you with any problem you have.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Our organization went through a lengthy process exploring password-management solutions. We ultimately selected Dashlane based on the features advertised (these ARE NOT the features actually offered) and our limited internal trials. On a small scale, Dashlane might be fine if your org manages relatively few passwords and doesn't need to sync often. However, for a corporate solution, Dashlane is an absolute nightmare.

Our passwords very rarely sync, which ends up creating an IT overload as resources are squandered trying to help many employees every single time a password is updated. Moreover, we encountered several instances where passwords suddenly stopped working, to ultimately find out that the passwords had somehow reverted to very old passwords. Overall, Dashlane is without doubt one of the worst platforms I have ever used and that's saying something. I've been in this industry for more than ten years and have seen some truly awful apps but this one is easily the worst experience I've endured.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I've used Dashlane for three or four years now, and I was a big believer early on in that period. But in the last year+, the product has really gone to **. Basic password functionality doesn't work properly anymore (on major websites, like Google, for example) and I'm constantly having to go back and forth to manually copy my login. You know what I could do just as quickly and easily? A DAMN SPREADSHEET with all my passwords, which is what I used to do. These guys have clearly cashed out and don't give a ** anymore. You can't contact them, the only thing they've improved lately are the graphics and logo... at the expense of yet MORE sites no longer working. Thanks for nothing, I wish I could get back the money I gave them. It feels like fraud at this point. I can't begin to express how angry I am at these scammers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

It works once in a while on some web sites when it wants to. Now I am trying to pay credit card bills online and every time I try to enter the amount Dashlane attempts to enter my credit card number. Avoid!!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I've used Dashlane for over three years and in the beginning it was a good service that worked well and was reliable. Over the past year it has gotten SLOW SLOW SLOW. If the app is minimized on my desktop I have to completely exit the program and log in again to get it back to a functional state. It "syncs" but doesn't really sync so any password updated on another device may or may not work because after the app says it has synced there are always passwords that aren't current. If I look on one device it will have a different version of the password than another device. It can take up to an hour before they completely sync. The autofill function works about half the time and simply won't work at all at times. In short, I find Dashlane expensive for the level of service they provide and am looking for alternatives that are easier to use.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have stored my IDs and Passwords on Dashlane for years. Open a site and (if those items were saved to Dashlane) Dashlane logs you in and completes name, address, etc. on certain forms. IT WAS GREAT UNTIL THEY 'UPGRADED.' Now, none of that works. They want to tie you to Chrome and you have to logon to Dashlane each time you open Chrome. It no longer fills in my ID and Passwords on the sites I visit most and I PAY FOR "PREMIUM." No problem, talk to someone! Their site even says they don't have people answering calls!! Keep fishing around to find a question that closes matches your issue and I'll bet the answer(s) don't fix your issue. Now, I have to find something else that's easy to use and works like Dashlane used to work!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I've used Dashlane for years and, for the most part, it served its function. But they recently released this "makeover" and now it's no longer doing what it is supposed to do - log me in to sites, fill in my personal info, etc.. I have to input everything as if I don't have a password manager. Every site I open it asks if I want to set this up for the first time, like my address, or email, etc. yet it has all the data in my vault. Bottom line, it is not recognizing all my data that is in my vault already and I am stuck having to re-input it all. And so now I am creating two sets of all my data in my vault. So, if you are new to Dashlane, I am guessing it will work fine for you since you have to enter in all your info anyway. I was already on the fence as to switching to another provider as it has certainly had its issues in the past. This latest upgrade on their part has done me in.

Dashlane author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dashlane is a standalone password manager that can be run on a computer or smartphone. It saves all sorts of sensitive information, not just passwords.

• Dashlane is easy to install and use: Users can quickly and easily download and install it on their computers and mobile devices.

• Password use is automated: Dashlane works by automatically saving passwords when users enter them online. It then autofills the login screen when the user returns to the site.

• Offers help with password creation: Dashlane offers comprehensive tools for generating secure passwords as well as rates user-generated password strength.

• Password recovery: If a user forgets the master password, he or she has no way to recover it and get back into Dashlane.

• Must install Google Authenticator for two-factor authentication: Users who want an extra layer of security must install a third party app; while this app is highly stable and secure, its presence still represents a security risk.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dashlane questions and answers

What problem is Dashlane trying to solve?
      Dashlane is focused on making identity and payments simple and secure everywhere.
      What sets Dashlane apart from the competition?
      We place a priority simplicity and universality. Dashlane is designed so even the most novice users will be able to easily navigate the product. We strive to have this same simple user experience on every platform.
      What needs does Dashlane fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Dashlane helps users manager their online identity with a fully-featured password manager and secure digital wallet app. Dashlane allows its users to securely manage passwords, credit cards, IDs, and other important information via advanced encryption and local storage. We have helped 3 million users manage and secure their digital identity, and have enabled over $2 billion in e-commerce transactions.
      How does Dashlane measure success?
      Success in the short-term is based upon user feedback and public reviews of the product. We have worked hard to deliver a great product that works and have been lauded by The New York Times, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal as having the best product on the market.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about password managers?
      Unfortunately the greatest challenge is that most people do not even know that password and identity managers exist. The majority of the public struggles with organizing and securing their online life and have no idea there are solutions that can fix their problems.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      The industry has become more visible as the number of security breaches and hacking incidents have increased. 10 years ago, a product of ours was considered a luxury or non-essential. In today's online climate there is a growing understanding that it is a necessity.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Dashlane?
      We wish every consumer knew about identity and password solutions. Most consumers struggle with these issues and are completely unaware about how to tackle the problem. We believe Dashlane offers a solution that merges convenience and security; two elements that consumers often believe are mutually exclusive.
      Has Dashlane received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      We have been selected by the following publications as being the best in our industry:

David Pogue/The New York Times – “Dashlane is life-changingly great.”

The Wall Street Journal – “I recommend Dashlane. It's so simple, so you'll actually use it.”

USA Today – “Bottom line? My nod goes to Dashlane.”

PC Mag – Best Security Product of 2013

CNN Coolest Gadgets of 2013

Highest rated productivity app on iTunes
      How has Dashlane grown or evolved?
      We released a new version of our product that enables users to securely share passwords and have additional features that will be rolled out over the coming year.

We closed a $22 Series B venture funding round in May 2014 which made us the password manager with the most venture funding.

Dashlane Company Information