1.58/5
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings

38 LastPass Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was locked out again within the last four months. Account recovery does not work. They say create new account, so I try using my email address, which results in LP saying that email account already exists and therefore I cannot do that. The password hint box sent to email is blank. I have received several emails from LP which haven't helped me one bit. I have no idea how to get around this ridiculous runaround. There is no way to actually get real help. I forgot my master password which is my fault, I will take responsibility for my own mistake, but LP will not do anything but give the same pat advice over and over. I do not have the receipt as I only use the free version, and I am glad I do because if I was paying for this lousy help I would really be sick.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I signed up for a Premium Family account at a cost of $48 annually. I was supposed to be able to add up to 5 family members. However, the family member I added was never able to establish a password, and the technical support I requested was unhelpful. We were directed to delete her account then create a new one. However, we could not create a new account since her email remained in the system. The support team didn't get the problem despite multiple explanations, and the ultimate recommendation ended up with my account reverting to the one person, free account. My issue is not with how LastPass is effective, but the difficulty in obtaining technical support that can actually understand the problem and the impossibility of actually talking to a person.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

LastPass does a good job of saving passwords and keeping them in a secure "vault." It's nice to remember only one password. It also generates complex passwords which is helpful. There is an option for multifactor authentication which is a good idea. I chose Yubikey and purchased two of their keys on Amazon for $80.00. LastPass prompts for the Yubikey but if I don't provide it it will open the vault containing all my passwords anyway. So even though I enabled Yubikey multifactor authentication in my settings I don't get it. Naturally, they want everyone to upgrade to the $12 version of LastPass but it makes no sense to start paying for something that doesn't work.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Not a Premium account. While I do not keep bank account and other important passwords online I find LastPass keeps library, educational and other passwords accessible. I've used LastPass for years. Never had an issue. Plus, when I can't be creative enough to make my own password I love that LastPass can generate one for me. And with just one password to remember I can log on from any of my devices. :-) Even when away from home.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I've paid a for a 1 year LastPass Premium Subscription on April 7, 2016. On May 9, 2016 I was billed for another 1 year subscription! Again. They say I over billed myself?! Customer Service said 'sorry' No Refund. After showing screen shots to prove they made the extra bill. NO REFUND 'sorry'. I made sure auto renewal was unchecked. Today, Auto Renewal checked ON again! Not by me. So disappointed. They've changed since being bought out by LogMeIn. Your payments go to Marvasol Inc DBA LastPass. Forget being heard after they have your money- whether their fault or not. Stay with free account or better yet, use another password manager.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LastPass?

Original review: March 31, 2017

I am a long time Premium user and I JUST renewed about a month ago and have more than 11 months left and asked for a full refund as I will not use it any longer due to all the exploits and security issues. I was told no it was too long ago (Ummm it just renewed 3/9/17) and to transfer it to someone else. I do not want to transfer it nor should I have to especially with all the security risks of late. I was denied my refund and forced to lost money while my husband who also renewed received his back.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Here you go! LastPass has been fairly straightforward and I have been using the service for about 3 years. Out of that time I have loss my passwords on two different occasions. The first time support after a week was able to retrieve my passwords and I was able to continue without any further disruptions. Recently, LP has lost my passwords again. This time and it's been over three weeks support hasn't been able to retrieve them. I will post every couple of days to let you know when I finally regain my passwords.

Original review: May 26, 2016

It has been said that today's age of doing everything through computers and the internet opened up our generation to a new age of criminal activities. Not being tech savvy, I've been wary in making online transactions because I'm afraid it doesn't have the safeguards I'm used to when doing it old school. But with LastPass, I'm not afraid to have an online life anymore. It's easy to use and gives almost instant alerts whenever my email or bank account is opened in any device other than my cellphone or laptop. It makes me feel secure and unexposed. I have told family and friends about it.

LastPass Company Information