Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

LastPass is a secure password manager. You can use LastPass to store all of your usernames and their matching passwords in one place. The program can be used with any device by using a mobile app or the browser extension. LastPass autofills your username and password anytime you need to log into a site.

LastPass Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LastPass?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LastPass?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have been using Lastpass on my computer with relatively few problems but I cannot use their two factor authentication because their push notification Is sent to a phone number which I no longer use. I have tried over and over again to get them to respond to my request to change the number but their customer service/support procedures are the worst that I've ever come across. Now I have to go through the inconvenience of changing to another provider but first I would like to warn anyone To beware of Lastpass and all the potential problems which you may face. I would also be great anyone could suggest another service to which I can switch.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

They are forcing customers to install things, register, accept things that I don't want to. Weird bugs are occurring, it's not user friendly and it seems like some junior developers worked on this service. I would honestly never leave my passwords to this cheesy service.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We have finally ditched LastPass and will never go back. Their service is deplorable. I was all excited to introduce their password service to my wife and boy was that a mistake. After months of trying to get her to be a member it never happened. I paid them for the family plan and since I am a very busy person, every once in a while I would try to get her account setup. Each time we tried there was a problem with her password. The irony is that they are supposed to be experts with passwords.

I reached out to their customer service and we went back and forth for months because I did not have the time to deal with this on a regular basis. They finally added her email as a member but she could never log in because it was like she was stuck in a loop. They would try to reset her password but she could never log in because they could not verify her. It kept asking for her password which she could never get to work. It got to the point that I had to curse at their support which must be overseas for my money back. They refused to give our money back even after I said that I would write a truthful review of our experience all over the web. The bright side of this is that I found a better service called Dashlane. It is way more user-friendly and advanced. Goodbye LastPass forever!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My wife purchased LastPass and followed the instructions but then the software didn't work as expected. She read the FAQs and also watched videos but that didn't help. Then we tried to call customer service and just got a recording to look at the website. We also sent an email request for help. No luck there either. Do not purchase this product!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My 6th website I've searched out to tell people to RUN FROM LASTPASS! It is the BIGGEST POS I've ever tried to use. Fills in 1 in 20 forms.... Must sign in at least 3 times on Android and then it more often than not won't fill anything in. Don't give me permissions crap excuses, I'm in IT and know what I'm doing. Also, the UI switch last spring SCREWED even more the usability. You can't freaking find anything and the extension takes up 10 inches of a drop down. You allow your access to 2 of your passwords for that site. As an IT person who manages many many sites with multiple logins...this just SUCKS! Desperately trying to move over 1000 passwords to another service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

If you have a problem with LastPass - and you will at some point, there is NO customer support - literally NONE. They have a robot that cannot understand even the MOST BASIC question. Any attempt to solve a problem puts you in a circular loop of uselessness. I have used it and my family members. Several times someone has had to delete. Start all over (which means crating a new email account - for starters). Then there are hours of putting in all accounts and passwords - again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Chaos unneeded - hit and miss. Do not waste your time. It forgets more than it remembers - hit and miss - try signing back in and you are in hell. Autofill almost never autofills. Stay with Google Password Manager - it works minus chaos.

'

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Used free version for years. Site was fine. Easy to work. Site recommended to change password. I did and could not remember even with hint. Tried all recovery methods. Tried one time password and got - "Login Failed. Invalid username, one-time-password or one-time login is restricted by company policy." Tried by email and got message "failed gateway." Cannot get password. Maybe limited to free option but would not pay in case this happened.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The software itself works great. But geez Louise, if you need customer service good luck to you!!! There is no phone number. You can only fill in an online form. They take well over a day to get back to you (which is an eon in internet time and when you have an emergency with your password system). I have now been trying to get an answer to a question for FIVE DAYS. I've had three BAD email responses that DO. NOT. ANSWER. MY. QUESTION. Seriously makes me want to find a new password manager. And hey, LastPass, I'm the person in charge at my company who makes this decision!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

This product does not do what it claims and the validation to get into the account doesn't work at all. I requested a refund a few days after purchase and they refused. The online verification forces you to retry about 5 or 6 times before it works. It offers a secondary protocol through your phone and that never works and you have to reset your master password every time you need to log into your account. None of the online password fill-in functions work until you log into the LastPass website.

LastPass Company Information