Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5

Web.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have nothing but praises for this company. From the very start of opening an account to assistances on domain name, design and any tech issue, they made things easy peasy for me and I never had these billing issues I see here so I’m not sure what is up with that. All is straight forward as far as I can tell.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I used Web.com to work on, and host my website. It's a reasonable, cost-effective way of getting it out to the public without breaking the bank. I was hosting my website with another company and I was used to the way that operated but they kept increasing their prices and I had to look for a more reasonable solution. Then when I moved it over to Web.com I couldn't find the files because it would not go into the right directory, but their team has been helpful. They answered my questions and they did well. Most of my activity was at the other web host, but I’ve transferred that over and gotten everything lined out. I’m loving it already.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This is my 3rd straight year being a customer with Web.com. I signed up initially because of the low price which was offered and didn’t expect much from the service. After my first year, I was surprised to experience the quality of service and support that was offered. Although the price was raised (slightly) after the first year, I found it value for money given the features that are offered with their service.

Their technical support has been good and their response time is quick and solutions offered are to the T. I have experienced downtime once or twice in the last 3 years but it was a matter of an hour or two. Downtime occurs with every web hosting company and what is important is their customer support is ALWAYS reachable to help. I Hope you guys continue providing value for money to future customers. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I was looking web hosting company that has great support for small businesses. I wanted something that was video-friendly, Mac-friendly and web-friendly as far as building my site. I did a search online, and after interacting with someone who used their service I decided to subscribe. I have been using them for 3 years and they've been very good. I'm not the most advanced or skilled webmaster and I struggle through things sometimes and then I've had a couple of issues but they always help out. If you have a question, you can post it or they give you a ticket that they use to get back to you. One issue I had was that I used a theme that had been corrupted and they pretty much helped me through it.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have tried since March 30 to get Web.com to acknowledge a problem with my online email accounts that are tied to the web page they host. I have yet to talk to an actual person other than my first call and they tried to pass blame to GSuites. They were wrong and ever since they have either not responded to my requests for help when we called. Finally on April 9th in desperation I opened a new ticket to see if they would fix the problem. The web page promised that they would get back to me within 24 hours. I never received an email or call and I had left both options with them.

Finally today I went online to see if the ticket was still open and it is closed. They had a message included that asked me to give the system 24 to 48 hours to reload there changes. Well it has been way over the 48 hours and still not working. I will be moving my web page to someone else. Some companies get way to big for a small account like mine. I will not ever look back to web.com in the future. Dennis. CPA.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Appalling service. Failed to respond to me after pushing me into signing up with them initially. Failed to take instructions properly on content. Astonishingly they started charging me for the monthly subscription even before the site was ready! Eventually, they notified me of the site being ready but the content contained nothing of any use and contained bare outline information copied from standard similar businesses. Don't ever use these cowboys; I am in the process of obtaining a refund and have instructed another provider to design my site. They have opposed and not properly answered my complaint in a pathetic manner.

Original review: April 7, 2020

6 months straight of on-hold phone service, requesting $550 of refund for double billing and erroneous charges. All the Web.com representatives agreed it would be refunded each month, but the charges remained and the double billing continued. After no action taken from them after 6 months, I disputed the charges on my 2 credit cards. 4 days later, they shut down my website and email accounts, deleted them, and when I called in to get the service turned back on, the reps could not even find my account. After 4 hours on the phone with them that day, I was at the end of my rope, hung up and spent the rest of 2 days moving to GoDaddy.com. The worst customer service of my lifetime.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This company actually lowered my business google ranking. They are impossible to communicate with. My rep Jodi ** is impossible to contact. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INCREASE THEIR BUSINESS RANKING.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I asked to have my domain unlocked on November 27, 2019. I have a ticket number and proof of them unlocking it. Here we are in January, and it's still not unlocked. Now I've been on hold, transferred around to 3 people, I've been on hold for an hour. When I hung up and called the sales department, he verified he saw the ticket and the notes proving everything. He then told me I would have to buy my domain back!! Then I was transferred AGAIN to Hold Hell. When I called the sales department back, they told me they have no ability to release my domain and everyone else is in a different country. I will never, ever use this company again!!! Truly horrible!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

A friend recommended them and I decided to give them a try. They designed and hosted our new site. The website looks good and each page opens at a high speed. I have also entrusted the responsibility of lead generation to them hoping to get outstanding results too.

Web.com Company Information