1.00/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Web.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 28, 2018

21 Web.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 28, 2018

Web.com and Leadstream is horrible service. If you're a small to medium business, STAY AWAY. All of the negative reviews that you find online are TRUE. They prey on small business and offer ridiculous "promotional" packages and "AD CREDITS" which essentially means nothing. As you go through their trial period, they manage your account with some detail. It almost seems like they actually care. Don't be fooled, this immediately stops after the trial period is over. There are many additional charges, they charged our credit card without proper authorization, they refuse any refunds as all "SERVICES ARE RENDERED". It's a sham and really unfortunate that a company like this is still in operations.

My request to cancel my service was met with excuses and multiple reasons why we should stay with the service. Our account manager continuously expressed to us how incredible the 4 clicks in the past 30 days were. (Given our package, that broke down to 125.00 a click!). Our rep was attempting to explain to me how incredible the leads were and we should really reconsider keeping the service. She even laughed at the names of the customers that reached out to us... Really?

I had a SEO service work on our site and we received 125+ clicks and website visits in 1 day. MailChimp will do what Web.com/Leadstream did in 1/10 of the time and at 100% of the cost! MAILCHIMP IS FREE! They prey on hard working small business. THERE IS NO RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT. Save your hard earned money and work with MailChimp or a reputable SEO service.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Worst company ever... reel you in with promises and expectations... charged 2 separate amts every month... NEVER RECEIVED ANY ORDERS. All to get me to spend MORE monthly on SEO fees to promote. After 15 months I had enough. After trying to understand why the hype to sign up but not to help after the fact except to sign up for more money monthly. Canceled Dec 2016. NOW MARCH 2018 Can't access my website from my other provider because Web.com would not transfer my domain name. Had to pay MORE MONEY to renew with Web.com!! Am now trying to transfer domain name to my new provider but they are holding it hostage saying they need more money to transfer. BEWARE OF WEB.COM. AND if you are not tech savvy they talk to you like you are ignorant just because you don't understand their lingo.

551,441 savvy shoppers have a headstart. Don't miss out.

Get trending news stories and exclusive consumer resources straight to your inbox.

We respect your privacy, unsubscribe easily.
Original review: March 7, 2018

Hiring Web.com was the worst business decision I've ever made. I had an old website that I did myself before this. It was OK, but it clearly looked like I did it myself. I was ready to IMPROVE my online image so I wanted to hire someone else to handle building it/hosting it for me. After seeing the ads, I figured Web.com would be an ideal fit. But after they got a hold of my credit card everything changed.

Customer Service: HORRIBLE - It would take DAYS AND DAYS to get in touch with someone anytime I had a quick question. You call, and you get passed around from agent to agent and no one actually knows what they're talking about. I wish I could just speak to a person with some competence! They cannot be contacted and won't respond to my emails. Very unprofessional. Design: NOT GOOD AT ALL - Some of the templates are OK, but as soon as you want to do some very basic and minor customization to them, they essentially fall apart and look like they were made by a 8 year old. Billing: UNSCRUPULOUS AND IMMORAL - It's nearly impossible to cancel your account. On top of that they say you'll be charged one rate, but when you check your bill, you've been duped! You're paying more than you thought with no explanation as to why your costs went up.

Recommendation: DO NOT USE! They are one of the worst possible companies you can work with and they are only in it to swindle as much money from you as they can. They have no interest in helping your company. We now use SetMySite for our website and they are incredible. If you're like me and you want someone else to handle the website design and hosting and maintenance, SetMySite is the answer. If you're more interested in saving a little money and just using a template and using a do-it-yourself service that doesn't treat their clients like garbage, my friend uses Squarespace and she loves the templates and support. All in all, don't be like me. Read the reviews first and inform yourself! Choose a service that treats their customers well and cares about the product they're selling.

Original review: March 7, 2018

This company literally gets you hyped up and once you make a payment they don't care! Spoke to Emma ** today about renewing my contract. She was so rude and disrespectful when I tried to explain why I didn't want to renew my contract, she told me that I'd never understand how SEO works and if I tried to learn I will still never understand. I was then told from an ex employee of this company that all they really do is add your company to different directories, which you can do buy yourself for free. Be smart people! They charged me £300 for the whole year. Callum and Emma claimed this would get me more customers through SEO but when you think smart and break it down, the £300 I paid for the year was not going towards the 'SEO specialists' because that would only work out for them getting: Annual £300.00, Monthly £25.00, Weekly £5.77, Daily £1.15, Hourly £0.14 which is clearly lies as SEO specialists get paid a lot more.

The truth is that they have no SEO specialists etc, all lies. All you are essentially paying for is to be on their database. The ex employee then told me they don't even do SEO...they also use 'scare tactics' to pressure customers into paying i.e 'your website will be taken down from google if you don't renew your contract'. Emma was clearly attempting to 'scare' me but obviously failed hence why she hung up on me. It all seems like a big scam to be honest...so done with this company. Seriously consider sending your staff on a customer service training course.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Received a phone a phone call from Web.com and was very excited and I started to listening to the presentation. At first I was very interested, then I started hearing "backouts" in the presentation like there are no guarantees. And towards the end they ask me for $3,000 plus but as a trial. First all they cannot deliver what they claim and have a lot of bad reviews and now trying makeup all the potential money that have not gotten. Stay Clear.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had a bad experience with the sales people at Web.com. They are very high pressure, rude, and unprofessional. First the person who I was scheduled to talk to did not make the call and it was another representative which to me was a red flag. Then she went through her sales pitch and was asking questions and wanted me to share margins and I told her I am not going to give her that information. I asked her to give me her presentation and I would evaluate it. And she refused to go farther till I give her my margins and got rude and belligerent on the phone. I finally had to hang up on her. They basically do Google adwords and other seo type work and charge a premium for it. I would be very careful on doing business with this company if you do business with them at all. Feel free to email me directly if you would like more details.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I was talked into a lead generation service with a $3,000+ contract. I was promised 7-9 leads a month. I was told they would develop a mini site for one of the areas of my business to be used only for their lead generating ads. Instead, they hijacked my Google Listing to make it point only to their mini-site, bypassing my main site. I also received exactly zero leads. They refunded $2,000, but kept my $1,000 for which I received nothing, and may have even lost business as they put a "tracking number" which used a cell phone exchange on my Google, making my 60 year business appear "fly by night" and potential clients going to my google listing would see only the site they created, not the site with the many other things we do. The salespeople wear you out with their long sales pitches which are misleading.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Will not cancel account over email, tells you that you must call, sit on hold for a hour, never get to anyone, cannot cancel website that is month to month. Stop payment on card, continues to leave website up in a attempt to force you to pay even more when you have not paid. Going to seek attorney advice.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Web.com is the biggest RIP OFF PASS THE BUCK host we have ever dealt with. First they bill us 135.00 per month for hosting package with help any time which includes SEO services. We never received one lead in 12 months!!! Then we switch to do it yourself and they inform us the website has to be taken down, copied to cd then reloaded. We get the cd, we call and they say, "Oh no. We have a copy of your website!" We PAY to have the site RESUBMITTED then go thru the request quote for only to find out the form is: 1) Incorrect when it comes thru. 2) The required fields do not work. The website has old color charts. Now on the phone for 50 minutes. Passing the buck to the 7th person. DO NOT GET A WEBSITE OR HOSTING WITH WEB.COM. THEY ARE TRULY INCOMPETENT.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Horrible quality and service. Our experience with Web.com was such a letdown. Our 3 account managers, Christine **, Reylyn ** and Nathaniel ** treated us so unprofessionally and we were astonished by how they ignored our requests and failed to help us even after countless promises. Look elsewhere for web design and marketing! Make sure the people managing your account are dedicated to giving you the best service, especially if you are paying for it!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Total fraud! I was promised a new website developed, more internet traffic and 4 years of domain name if I paid $99.95 for 3 months. When I now look at my website (6 months later) some plumber website comes up and I can't find my old website or domain name anywhere. I've got a billboard sign up with that website and passed out business cards all over town. Those plumbers should be getting some calls. I tried contacting web.com for 2 weeks and finally someone reimbursed 1 month charge but I have 6 month charges of $99.95 cause I gave them my card. I don't know what to do but try that AMEX FRAUD I guess. This has been such a waste of time and a lot of money.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I feel they're like all I've tried, average, no outstanding quality. None of them have established better than fair capabilities with any of us consumer needs from privacy, protection, storage, search engines etc.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

This company offers "Free Website development", which should have been a warning because NOTHING with this company is free or even correct. We told them up-front that we were not open for business and waiting for our building to be built and all of the business licenses and permits required. They said "No Problem, we will design the website to meet your approval and will not publish or charge you anything until you open for business."

WHAT THEY DID: Web.com created a totally "FAKE WEBSITE" using our name, and "stock pictures" of products that we do not even sell! We are an antique and art company and they started posting all sorts of bogus pictures of products that we don't even sell such as automobiles, paintings that we don't own, antique furniture that is not ours. As a result, we have had numerous bad reviews from would-be customers and we aren't even open yet!

FRAUD: I made the mistake of giving Web.com my American Express card number and they charged $3100.00 in fictitious charges NONE OF WHICH I SIGNED FOR OR AGREED TO. This matter has been turned over to AMEX FRAUD and their account has been suspended with me. My next step will to file an inquiry the Attorney General's Office on a State and Federal Level. Beware and be careful.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Had a website built and hosted there for years... lots of history. These people have no problem in wiping out years of work in an instant by just simply deleting your web pages without notice or warning. Much of it was unrecoverable simply because we trusted them... NEVER AGAIN! Just closed up our website and gave up...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I wanted to start my own website. I am a writer. Web.com advertises that you can get one for $10 a month. So, I signed up for it. This was about five months ago. If I thought there were going to be other charges, I wouldn't have signed up for it. If I thought it was going to be hidden fees, I wouldn't have signed up. It was only supposed to be $10 a month. But recently, while checking my online banking I came across more than one charge in the same month. So, I went all the way back to August and checked if the same thing had happened in other months. I found out that there have been repeated multiple withdrawals from my bank account since at least August. And the sum total for all of the months' withdrawals added together is a grand total of $322.65. It should have cost me $10 a month. Instead, I was charged over $60 a month.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

Someone at Web.com needs to be held accountable for what they have put me and their other clients through these last 2 1/2 weeks. I have lost thousands of dollars in business in what is my busiest month of the year. I'm not sure why you did not plan the move in January or February when nothing is going on on the Internet. This was poor planning and the way that the plan was executed was one of the biggest debacles I have ever been involved with. You are losing a 10 year customer. I can no longer trust you. Know what you are doing Mr. or Mrs. CEO. I see your commercial on TV (Web.com) and want to warn everybody. Don't do it.

Original review: July 24, 2001

July 5, 2001 - I submitted an order with Interland to register the domain pizzapit.com. This order was placed after I had verified through networksolutions.com that the domain was available for registration. Interland charged me for services and assured me that the domain would be registered.

July 6, 2001 - From the networksolutions.com site, I verified that pizzapit.com was open for registration. I called Interland to reverify that the domain had been registered by Interland and was assured to that effect.

July 7, 2001 - From the networksolutions.com site, I verified that pizzapit.com was open for registration. July 8, 2001 - From the networksolutions.com site, I verified that pizzapit.com was open for registration, I initiated a trouble ticket with Interland, Inc.

July 8, 2001 6:40AM - another individual registered the domain name. Verified with that individual.

July 10, 2001 - Attempted to determine the status of the issue via e-mail to Larry Lee who stated that Interland's Domain Administration was looking into the issue. I reiterated the request for information about what specifically was being done to rectify the issue.

July 11, 2001 - Larry Lee stated that I would be contacted once he was contacted by Domain Administration. July 12, 2001 - Inquiry about the status of the problem, no reply.

July 13, 2001 - Inquiry about the status of the problem, no reply.

July 16, 2001 - Discovered through Interland's website all trouble tickets had been closed. No direct replies from Interland. Interlands resolution from the website was to the effect that the domain was not available, the order had not been processed and suggested other domain names.

July 17, 2001 - Received a forwarded e-mail from Larry Lee, (no comments from Larry). E-mail author suggested that I purchase the domain directly from the third party.

July 18, 2001 - Spoke to an agent at Network Solutions (InterNic), who stated that the domain name in question was open for registration from June 25, 2001 until July 8, 2001

July 18-23, 2001 - Attempted multiple times via e-mail to work towards resolution of this issue. I proposed desired solutions. No replies to my proposals.

July 23, 2001 - Purchased the domain name in question from the 3rd party for $500.

July 24, 2001 - Received an e-mail from Ken Gavranovic which stated that Interland cannot be held responsible for registration timing issues. Following e-mail correspondance with Ken Gavranovic led to a refusal to my requests (except refund of registration fee, $78) and statement to the effect of good luck finding another company that will tolerate you. My desired settlement with Interland called for refund of the charges billed to me for services not rendered, $500 to cover the actual costs of purchasing the domain name from the 3rd party, and refund of any outstanding service or credits following the transfer of services to another provider.

I hold Interland completely responsible for this issue and find them unwilling to work with me towards a solution. They are unwilling to accept any fault in this issue, despite being presented evidence supportive and demonstrative of fault. They have failed to register another domain name for me in the past and have overbilled me for services. I have full documentation, e-mail and written phone logs, of all events in the case(s) described above.

Original review: May 21, 2001

My company has been hosted by Interland for about a year now, with 2 sites up for the moment. It has been, to say the least, a struggle. In the last 6 months, we've had 6 representatives, each one worse than the one before. We've have 7 days of total or partial down time in the last two weeks - with virtually no explanation.

Our mail servers are out of contact at least 3 hours a day, intermittently. Their technical support personnel are pleasant enough, with a few notable exceptions, but they know about enough to send a caller to the next level of support ... who then knows enough to send callers to the next level of support ... get the picture?

My (latest) representative, Jason, will not return phone calls or e-mails. Lately, my messages have become increasingly hostile, so I guess he'll hand me off to the next unqualified rep to jerk us around.

Subscribers to our site have been treated to 504 NOT FOUND errors for long enough. I have enough to do for a living - now I get to transfer our web sites to a new location, wasting more of our time and money. We recently began setting up a subscription service to our on-line magazine, and we cannot charge for it yet, because we must first find a new hosting service.

An update to my earlier post: Hoorah! I finally recieved a response from Interland! It is so typical, I just had to share it.

This is from my rep, Jason:

"If you would like to cancel this account you would just need to let the billing department know the exact date you want the account terminated. The account will continue to run until they are notified by you regarding the cancellation. I am not sure what problems you are having but I would recommend directing all tech related issues to the tech support department. We can handle some issues on the sales floor but do not have the means to fix most technical issues."

Pardon me: when I ask for help, I get no answer, no comment, no phone call, no e-mail, not a peep. I mention I am disgusted and considering leaving? BOOM! In fifteen minutes I get detailed, explicit instructions on how to LEAVE THE SERVICE.

Now THAT's what I call a speedy response and great customer service. At least it simplifies my escape...

Still, I guess I'm glad we got to this point now, before we entered into more business with these people.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2000

I signed up as a reseller and gave them about 15 sites to start, and added more shortly thereafter. The service and reliability is AWFUL. Sites are frequently down, my email goes down, and their tech support is incompetent.

I have to spend extensive time calling tech support, which is a big waste of time and money. Email outages cause severe embarrassment for an Internet marketing company, in addition to loss of credibility. They refuse to give me a refund, and I have signed up many of the sites for two-year periods.

Original review: July 7, 2000

I signed up for two years of Web hosting service with Interland.com. The service was horrible, with the Web site being out for over a week at a time. After six months, I cancelled the account and asked for a credit for the remaining year and a half I paid (almost $600). Interland refused, and refunded only $115 -- cheating me out of almost $500.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2000 I prepaid for a full year of internet services. The service was not good, so I asked to cancel the remaining 7 months and get a refund on the balance due. This request was refused.

Web.com Company Information