Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Web.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I used Web.com to work on, and host my website. It's a reasonable, cost-effective way of getting it out to the public without breaking the bank. I was hosting my website with another company and I was used to the way that operated but they kept increasing their prices and I had to look for a more reasonable solution. Then when I moved it over to Web.com I couldn't find the files because it would not go into the right directory, but their team has been helpful. They answered my questions and they did well. Most of my activity was at the other web host, but I’ve transferred that over and gotten everything lined out. I’m loving it already.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This is my 3rd straight year being a customer with Web.com. I signed up initially because of the low price which was offered and didn’t expect much from the service. After my first year, I was surprised to experience the quality of service and support that was offered. Although the price was raised (slightly) after the first year, I found it value for money given the features that are offered with their service.

Their technical support has been good and their response time is quick and solutions offered are to the T. I have experienced downtime once or twice in the last 3 years but it was a matter of an hour or two. Downtime occurs with every web hosting company and what is important is their customer support is ALWAYS reachable to help. I Hope you guys continue providing value for money to future customers. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I was looking web hosting company that has great support for small businesses. I wanted something that was video-friendly, Mac-friendly and web-friendly as far as building my site. I did a search online, and after interacting with someone who used their service I decided to subscribe. I have been using them for 3 years and they've been very good. I'm not the most advanced or skilled webmaster and I struggle through things sometimes and then I've had a couple of issues but they always help out. If you have a question, you can post it or they give you a ticket that they use to get back to you. One issue I had was that I used a theme that had been corrupted and they pretty much helped me through it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

A friend recommended them and I decided to give them a try. They designed and hosted our new site. The website looks good and each page opens at a high speed. I have also entrusted the responsibility of lead generation to them hoping to get outstanding results too.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Been a customer 5 years. After a period of a year where we went from receiving valid leads to receiving sex spam through the site we were asked to be patient while they "fixed" the issue which was company wide. I have tried and tried again to have code embedded to track progress and make meaningful changes, but they have been unwilling or unable to do so. Needless to say we finally decided to cancel the service and go elsewhere. To add a final ** YOU to the matter they want $199 to release the domain name back us. DO yourself a favor and steer clear of this company. They are horrible at what they do and there are much better services out there!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

They hold domains without your consent, if you let the registration expire. This happened to me because I was not ready to launch my site. When I went back to use the domain, they were squatting on it with a so-called "Domain Expiration Protection" plan that I did not approve of. In addition, when I did have a website hosted by them, their website builder was not secure. I could not accomplish what I needed to without great trouble. I am still trying to resolve this matter after having spoken to THREE of their customer service reps. Don't use them. They are a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2019

They had a sale buy two get one free. I only put 2 in quantity when I received my order there was only two. I searched missed. I had to put three even though I was only paying for two. I feel this is a way to get out of sending the free one. I feel if they have a special you should get it. I have wrote two people. One was a supervisor. The response, "too bad, so sad. We unfortunately can’t send one because you messed." I would like others' thought and am I wrong. Bonnie

Original review: May 26, 2019

I registered at Web.com to see if the website building tools were what I was looking for. They were not and I never returned. But several weeks later, my credit card invoiced for $55.35. Numerous attempts to resolve the issue both by phone and live chat were a waste of my time.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have had nothing, but continued problems with the products and services for over a year now. Failure to address issues in a timely manner, failure to follow through and communication with each other and with other departments is deplorable. Many, many employees do not call back or email by the time/day they specify that they will and employees have issues understanding their own products. Over a year of ongoing issues with too many tickets to count that show the incompetence of the staff and how bad their products truly are. This includes products sold to me, but they admitted that they do not have the staff to perform the actions I paid for.

Two departments passed the buck back and forth for weeks claiming "not my job". I have now been waiting for over a month to publish my site, because the engineers have failed to do their job by the "worst case scenario deadline" on an issue that they've known about for several months?! Is it really too much to ask for people to do their jobs? How about providing a status update when requested once every couple of weeks or an ETA of completion? This current issue does not just impact me. There are many who are impacted. They are, ultimately, negatively affecting all of our livelihoods.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am a professional web developer. I have never had a harder time transferring domains away from a registrant than Register.com. I had to transfer 5 domains. I spent at least 6 hours on the phone, filed an official ICANN complaint, and ended up just letting one domain expire because they would not let it go. Objectively the worst registrant I have ever worked with. Register with GoDaddy, then transfer to Cloudflare if TLD is supported.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Web.com Company Information