3.8/5 (146 ratings)

About Web.com

Web.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I hired Web.com to do the maintenance work on my website. It has been such a relief for me. They have given me the opportunity to continue to build my company with one critical piece secured by a really great team.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I didn't know how complicated a website might be to build so I hired this team to make a great site for me. I'm so happy with it. They even added some eCommerce options to the site for some of my more unique items.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Spent a lot of time using Web.com for our website and email hosting. Never ending issues with the service and non-existent support. All culminating in our email not working one day and I had to spend literally 6+ hours on the phone to get any assistance with the problem. Was bounced from one department to another, waiting at a minimum 30 mins or more each time I was transferred. This company is simply terrible. If you value your time and want a company to do the same, this is not the place to do business with.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Web.com has a very responsive customer service. They were extremely helpful as I came up with barrage of questions and they answered all of them. The wait time was a bit longer, but it lasted less time than the suggested wait time. The different people I spoke with were very helpful and polite. Their pricing is very reasonable, and on top of this they provide way more with their plans for a much more reasonable price than my previous provider did. It took about three days for them to do the migration and they did it perfectly.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I finally made my dream of owning a food truck a reality. Now I could offer my yummy doughnuts to appreciative diners as opposed to just my family and friends. My dream became a reality with Web.com!! I learned so much. They helped me build my website and taught me all about SEO and PPC. My business is on the right path.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Getting my own accounting business up and running took a lot of effort and I did not have a lot left to think about a website and its security, much less marketing. Web.com took care of all of those aspects with ease so that I could focus on my business itself. It's been an awesome experience!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I own a small construction company so I have lots of building experience but that does not include websites! That said I still wanted to be involved in creating mine. I didn’t want to just hand that task off. Web.com was the perfect solution for me. I found a template I could customize and I found it for a very fair price.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I went to Web.com to create a unique website for my business which took 15 days to complete, I accepted this timeframe thinking this website is going to be great but then came to realise after the late completion (5 weeks) that it's a website that anyone could have created on a simple builder that you can get for free nowadays, it then came to light that they are apparently only web designers and not web developers, this is not clear at all therefore they cannot create a viable platform for a decent sized business, meaning it's only ok for hobbies or if you are not looking to create an information website.

The website and Logo (a total of £1320) are disappointing that they are so basic. I haven’t asked for a refund for these as I respect the fact that someone has done some work and needs to be paid. But what I have kindly requested was a refund in kind to reflect the fact it was not at all what I required or what they sold me, they told me they won’t do this.

I decided to pay for all my emails upfront as I wanted to keep my monthly costs down and was promised if I ever needed to cancel whether it be in 6 months time I’d get a refund for what I haven’t used, this is not the case at all - they will not refund you - not to mention the email costing £60 per user per year which is an absolute ripoff when you can get many more emails for less than half that price a year with many more options on control of your own domain swell!

I had highlighted that I wanted to keep my monthly outgoings down to the web.com team who then sold me the custom Facebook page as if it was gold, I said that I'd try it for one month and that is it and if it's any good I'd come back to them in the future to continue it however I had stated after one month I do not want to continue due to being a start-up and not having the funds - the team assured me it would be stopped I paid £720 for the first month which included the setup fee, they then continued to take an extra 2 months - another £720 which they refuse to just kindly refund back the money that they had taken out of my account without any authorisation in such unprecedented times!

I haven’t received a call or been shown this very expensive Facebook setup that I have paid for! I was told that the web chat they sell for £432 would look as if it's integrated into your own website supporting the design of it - this is clearly not the case at all, when you can use HubSpot for free with more features and looks a lot nicer it’s an obvious misspelling money maker for them!

The lack of help from their customer facing employee and her team is absolutely eye opening - The Customer Facing Employee is apparently there to arbitrate but is actually there to see what web.com can get away with and have an answer for absolutely everything where web.com are never in the wrong. I came to web.com in a tough time and all they have done is ignore customer's requirements and have then tried to cover it up with misinformation and a lack of service. I have transferred my site elsewhere and they have still yet to refund me - they have only agreed to refund the unauthorised funds taken.

In summary they misled me on sale, created something that I never asked for and on delivery when it wasn’t what I wanted, they take no responsibility to pay for their mistakes or make up for the inordinate amount of upset on my part. In such times you would think they would take into account a startup with limit funds cannot afford this issue they have created. Don’t waste your time if you're a business that needs results. I should have listened to the 1 star reviews!

Original review: July 6, 2020

Being my own boss is exciting but scary as well. Or at least it was until I found the support and solutions I needed at Web.com. From identifying the perfect domain name for my pet care business to providing me with a toolbox full of what I needed to make myself a presence online they were there for me every step of the way.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I am usually a do-it-yourselfer but when it came to building my website I preferred to leave it to the experts at Web.com. Am I ever glad I did! Their professionals served up content that is making my small business feel like a large one.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have nothing but praises for this company. From the very start of opening an account to assistances on domain name, design and any tech issue, they made things easy peasy for me and I never had these billing issues I see here so I’m not sure what is up with that. All is straight forward as far as I can tell.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have tried since March 30 to get Web.com to acknowledge a problem with my online email accounts that are tied to the web page they host. I have yet to talk to an actual person other than my first call and they tried to pass blame to GSuites. They were wrong and ever since they have either not responded to my requests for help when we called. Finally on April 9th in desperation I opened a new ticket to see if they would fix the problem. The web page promised that they would get back to me within 24 hours. I never received an email or call and I had left both options with them.

Finally today I went online to see if the ticket was still open and it is closed. They had a message included that asked me to give the system 24 to 48 hours to reload there changes. Well it has been way over the 48 hours and still not working. I will be moving my web page to someone else. Some companies get way to big for a small account like mine. I will not ever look back to web.com in the future. Dennis. CPA.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Appalling service. Failed to respond to me after pushing me into signing up with them initially. Failed to take instructions properly on content. Astonishingly they started charging me for the monthly subscription even before the site was ready! Eventually, they notified me of the site being ready but the content contained nothing of any use and contained bare outline information copied from standard similar businesses. Don't ever use these cowboys; I am in the process of obtaining a refund and have instructed another provider to design my site. They have opposed and not properly answered my complaint in a pathetic manner.

Original review: April 7, 2020

6 months straight of on-hold phone service, requesting $550 of refund for double billing and erroneous charges. All the Web.com representatives agreed it would be refunded each month, but the charges remained and the double billing continued. After no action taken from them after 6 months, I disputed the charges on my 2 credit cards. 4 days later, they shut down my website and email accounts, deleted them, and when I called in to get the service turned back on, the reps could not even find my account. After 4 hours on the phone with them that day, I was at the end of my rope, hung up and spent the rest of 2 days moving to GoDaddy.com. The worst customer service of my lifetime.

Original review: March 26, 2020

This company actually lowered my business google ranking. They are impossible to communicate with. My rep Jodi ** is impossible to contact. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO INCREASE THEIR BUSINESS RANKING.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I asked to have my domain unlocked on November 27, 2019. I have a ticket number and proof of them unlocking it. Here we are in January, and it's still not unlocked. Now I've been on hold, transferred around to 3 people, I've been on hold for an hour. When I hung up and called the sales department, he verified he saw the ticket and the notes proving everything. He then told me I would have to buy my domain back!! Then I was transferred AGAIN to Hold Hell. When I called the sales department back, they told me they have no ability to release my domain and everyone else is in a different country. I will never, ever use this company again!!! Truly horrible!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I used Web.com to work on, and host my website. It's a reasonable, cost-effective way of getting it out to the public without breaking the bank. I was hosting my website with another company and I was used to the way that operated but they kept increasing their prices and I had to look for a more reasonable solution. Then when I moved it over to Web.com I couldn't find the files because it would not go into the right directory, but their team has been helpful. They answered my questions and they did well. Most of my activity was at the other web host, but I’ve transferred that over and gotten everything lined out. I’m loving it already.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This is my 3rd straight year being a customer with Web.com. I signed up initially because of the low price which was offered and didn’t expect much from the service. After my first year, I was surprised to experience the quality of service and support that was offered. Although the price was raised (slightly) after the first year, I found it value for money given the features that are offered with their service.

Their technical support has been good and their response time is quick and solutions offered are to the T. I have experienced downtime once or twice in the last 3 years but it was a matter of an hour or two. Downtime occurs with every web hosting company and what is important is their customer support is ALWAYS reachable to help. I Hope you guys continue providing value for money to future customers. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I was looking web hosting company that has great support for small businesses. I wanted something that was video-friendly, Mac-friendly and web-friendly as far as building my site. I did a search online, and after interacting with someone who used their service I decided to subscribe. I have been using them for 3 years and they've been very good. I'm not the most advanced or skilled webmaster and I struggle through things sometimes and then I've had a couple of issues but they always help out. If you have a question, you can post it or they give you a ticket that they use to get back to you. One issue I had was that I used a theme that had been corrupted and they pretty much helped me through it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

A friend recommended them and I decided to give them a try. They designed and hosted our new site. The website looks good and each page opens at a high speed. I have also entrusted the responsibility of lead generation to them hoping to get outstanding results too.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Been a customer 5 years. After a period of a year where we went from receiving valid leads to receiving sex spam through the site we were asked to be patient while they "fixed" the issue which was company wide. I have tried and tried again to have code embedded to track progress and make meaningful changes, but they have been unwilling or unable to do so. Needless to say we finally decided to cancel the service and go elsewhere. To add a final ** YOU to the matter they want $199 to release the domain name back us. DO yourself a favor and steer clear of this company. They are horrible at what they do and there are much better services out there!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

They hold domains without your consent, if you let the registration expire. This happened to me because I was not ready to launch my site. When I went back to use the domain, they were squatting on it with a so-called "Domain Expiration Protection" plan that I did not approve of. In addition, when I did have a website hosted by them, their website builder was not secure. I could not accomplish what I needed to without great trouble. I am still trying to resolve this matter after having spoken to THREE of their customer service reps. Don't use them. They are a scam.

Original review: July 31, 2019

They had a sale buy two get one free. I only put 2 in quantity when I received my order there was only two. I searched missed. I had to put three even though I was only paying for two. I feel this is a way to get out of sending the free one. I feel if they have a special you should get it. I have wrote two people. One was a supervisor. The response, "too bad, so sad. We unfortunately can’t send one because you messed." I would like others' thought and am I wrong. Bonnie

Original review: May 26, 2019

I registered at Web.com to see if the website building tools were what I was looking for. They were not and I never returned. But several weeks later, my credit card invoiced for $55.35. Numerous attempts to resolve the issue both by phone and live chat were a waste of my time.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have had nothing, but continued problems with the products and services for over a year now. Failure to address issues in a timely manner, failure to follow through and communication with each other and with other departments is deplorable. Many, many employees do not call back or email by the time/day they specify that they will and employees have issues understanding their own products. Over a year of ongoing issues with too many tickets to count that show the incompetence of the staff and how bad their products truly are. This includes products sold to me, but they admitted that they do not have the staff to perform the actions I paid for.

Two departments passed the buck back and forth for weeks claiming "not my job". I have now been waiting for over a month to publish my site, because the engineers have failed to do their job by the "worst case scenario deadline" on an issue that they've known about for several months?! Is it really too much to ask for people to do their jobs? How about providing a status update when requested once every couple of weeks or an ETA of completion? This current issue does not just impact me. There are many who are impacted. They are, ultimately, negatively affecting all of our livelihoods.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am a professional web developer. I have never had a harder time transferring domains away from a registrant than Register.com. I had to transfer 5 domains. I spent at least 6 hours on the phone, filed an official ICANN complaint, and ended up just letting one domain expire because they would not let it go. Objectively the worst registrant I have ever worked with. Register with GoDaddy, then transfer to Cloudflare if TLD is supported.

Original review: May 13, 2019

The salesman talked a good game and sold me on their lead program, so I was sold. Web.com did not deliver at all. Total waste of time and money, so if you get a call in hopes of generating leads to grow your business, turn the other way.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I made the huge mistake of getting involved with this company for a few hours. I paid them 4 figures to get help for my business website, as soon as I received a call from them I was told just what little assistance I will get. I emailed them immediately to cancel our contract 5 HOURS after I had paid them. They said they have started work and have to this day refused to refund the money. I am currently in court proceedings trying to get my money back. Save yourselves and don’t have anything to do with them!!!!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Do not use their services. I wish I would have found the reviews before moving forward with this "company". There is no support at all. They sell you on a great package then fall on their face. No customer service, you must call in and get passed around through a multitude of departments and still no one has the answers you need. Completely inept company.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Slow as can be, I could have done better myself and would not recommend to anyone, even trying to get a hold of someone for answers is useless, they work at snail's pace and this is why they take you for 3 months payments.

Web.com Company Information