3.9/5 (183 ratings)

About Web.com

Web.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: July 22, 2020

I finally made my dream of owning a food truck a reality. Now I could offer my yummy doughnuts to appreciative diners as opposed to just my family and friends. My dream became a reality with Web.com!! I learned so much. They helped me build my website and taught me all about SEO and PPC. My business is on the right path.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Getting my own accounting business up and running took a lot of effort and I did not have a lot left to think about a website and its security, much less marketing. Web.com took care of all of those aspects with ease so that I could focus on my business itself. It's been an awesome experience!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I own a small construction company so I have lots of building experience but that does not include websites! That said I still wanted to be involved in creating mine. I didn’t want to just hand that task off. Web.com was the perfect solution for me. I found a template I could customize and I found it for a very fair price.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I went to Web.com to create a unique website for my business which took 15 days to complete, I accepted this timeframe thinking this website is going to be great but then came to realise after the late completion (5 weeks) that it's a website that anyone could have created on a simple builder that you can get for free nowadays, it then came to light that they are apparently only web designers and not web developers, this is not clear at all therefore they cannot create a viable platform for a decent sized business, meaning it's only ok for hobbies or if you are not looking to create an information website.

The website and Logo (a total of £1320) are disappointing that they are so basic. I haven’t asked for a refund for these as I respect the fact that someone has done some work and needs to be paid. But what I have kindly requested was a refund in kind to reflect the fact it was not at all what I required or what they sold me, they told me they won’t do this.

I decided to pay for all my emails upfront as I wanted to keep my monthly costs down and was promised if I ever needed to cancel whether it be in 6 months time I’d get a refund for what I haven’t used, this is not the case at all - they will not refund you - not to mention the email costing £60 per user per year which is an absolute ripoff when you can get many more emails for less than half that price a year with many more options on control of your own domain swell!

I had highlighted that I wanted to keep my monthly outgoings down to the web.com team who then sold me the custom Facebook page as if it was gold, I said that I'd try it for one month and that is it and if it's any good I'd come back to them in the future to continue it however I had stated after one month I do not want to continue due to being a start-up and not having the funds - the team assured me it would be stopped I paid £720 for the first month which included the setup fee, they then continued to take an extra 2 months - another £720 which they refuse to just kindly refund back the money that they had taken out of my account without any authorisation in such unprecedented times!

I haven’t received a call or been shown this very expensive Facebook setup that I have paid for! I was told that the web chat they sell for £432 would look as if it's integrated into your own website supporting the design of it - this is clearly not the case at all, when you can use HubSpot for free with more features and looks a lot nicer it’s an obvious misspelling money maker for them!

The lack of help from their customer facing employee and her team is absolutely eye opening - The Customer Facing Employee is apparently there to arbitrate but is actually there to see what web.com can get away with and have an answer for absolutely everything where web.com are never in the wrong. I came to web.com in a tough time and all they have done is ignore customer's requirements and have then tried to cover it up with misinformation and a lack of service. I have transferred my site elsewhere and they have still yet to refund me - they have only agreed to refund the unauthorised funds taken.

In summary they misled me on sale, created something that I never asked for and on delivery when it wasn’t what I wanted, they take no responsibility to pay for their mistakes or make up for the inordinate amount of upset on my part. In such times you would think they would take into account a startup with limit funds cannot afford this issue they have created. Don’t waste your time if you're a business that needs results. I should have listened to the 1 star reviews!

Original review: July 6, 2020

Being my own boss is exciting but scary as well. Or at least it was until I found the support and solutions I needed at Web.com. From identifying the perfect domain name for my pet care business to providing me with a toolbox full of what I needed to make myself a presence online they were there for me every step of the way.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I am usually a do-it-yourselfer but when it came to building my website I preferred to leave it to the experts at Web.com. Am I ever glad I did! Their professionals served up content that is making my small business feel like a large one.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have nothing but praises for this company. From the very start of opening an account to assistances on domain name, design and any tech issue, they made things easy peasy for me and I never had these billing issues I see here so I’m not sure what is up with that. All is straight forward as far as I can tell.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I have tried since March 30 to get Web.com to acknowledge a problem with my online email accounts that are tied to the web page they host. I have yet to talk to an actual person other than my first call and they tried to pass blame to GSuites. They were wrong and ever since they have either not responded to my requests for help when we called. Finally on April 9th in desperation I opened a new ticket to see if they would fix the problem. The web page promised that they would get back to me within 24 hours. I never received an email or call and I had left both options with them.

Finally today I went online to see if the ticket was still open and it is closed. They had a message included that asked me to give the system 24 to 48 hours to reload there changes. Well it has been way over the 48 hours and still not working. I will be moving my web page to someone else. Some companies get way to big for a small account like mine. I will not ever look back to web.com in the future. Dennis. CPA.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Appalling service. Failed to respond to me after pushing me into signing up with them initially. Failed to take instructions properly on content. Astonishingly they started charging me for the monthly subscription even before the site was ready! Eventually, they notified me of the site being ready but the content contained nothing of any use and contained bare outline information copied from standard similar businesses. Don't ever use these cowboys; I am in the process of obtaining a refund and have instructed another provider to design my site. They have opposed and not properly answered my complaint in a pathetic manner.

Original review: April 7, 2020

6 months straight of on-hold phone service, requesting $550 of refund for double billing and erroneous charges. All the Web.com representatives agreed it would be refunded each month, but the charges remained and the double billing continued. After no action taken from them after 6 months, I disputed the charges on my 2 credit cards. 4 days later, they shut down my website and email accounts, deleted them, and when I called in to get the service turned back on, the reps could not even find my account. After 4 hours on the phone with them that day, I was at the end of my rope, hung up and spent the rest of 2 days moving to GoDaddy.com. The worst customer service of my lifetime.

Web.com Company Information