Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Web.com Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have had nothing, but continued problems with the products and services for over a year now. Failure to address issues in a timely manner, failure to follow through and communication with each other and with other departments is deplorable. Many, many employees do not call back or email by the time/day they specify that they will and employees have issues understanding their own products. Over a year of ongoing issues with too many tickets to count that show the incompetence of the staff and how bad their products truly are. This includes products sold to me, but they admitted that they do not have the staff to perform the actions I paid for.

Two departments passed the buck back and forth for weeks claiming "not my job". I have now been waiting for over a month to publish my site, because the engineers have failed to do their job by the "worst case scenario deadline" on an issue that they've known about for several months?! Is it really too much to ask for people to do their jobs? How about providing a status update when requested once every couple of weeks or an ETA of completion? This current issue does not just impact me. There are many who are impacted. They are, ultimately, negatively affecting all of our livelihoods.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am a professional web developer. I have never had a harder time transferring domains away from a registrant than Register.com. I had to transfer 5 domains. I spent at least 6 hours on the phone, filed an official ICANN complaint, and ended up just letting one domain expire because they would not let it go. Objectively the worst registrant I have ever worked with. Register with GoDaddy, then transfer to Cloudflare if TLD is supported.

Original review: May 13, 2019

The salesman talked a good game and sold me on their lead program, so I was sold. Web.com did not deliver at all. Total waste of time and money, so if you get a call in hopes of generating leads to grow your business, turn the other way.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I made the huge mistake of getting involved with this company for a few hours. I paid them 4 figures to get help for my business website, as soon as I received a call from them I was told just what little assistance I will get. I emailed them immediately to cancel our contract 5 HOURS after I had paid them. They said they have started work and have to this day refused to refund the money. I am currently in court proceedings trying to get my money back. Save yourselves and don’t have anything to do with them!!!!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Do not use their services. I wish I would have found the reviews before moving forward with this "company". There is no support at all. They sell you on a great package then fall on their face. No customer service, you must call in and get passed around through a multitude of departments and still no one has the answers you need. Completely inept company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Web.com?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Slow as can be, I could have done better myself and would not recommend to anyone, even trying to get a hold of someone for answers is useless, they work at snail's pace and this is why they take you for 3 months payments.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

How BAD this huge, well known company actually does helping their clients. At Brandtastic we recently had the opportunity to take over from Web.com for a 2 companies in the DC area. When we logged in we were aghast! They were wasting sooooo much money with poorly constructed Ad Campaigns, the Social Media Management was mediocre at best and what they called "SEO" was a joke.

In the past month since we took over the CPC went from $15 to $3 and our Organic and Local results have skyrocketed. Never would have imagined that Web.com was so poor. It looks like they have real amateurs actually managing everything. And the price was no joke either, At 5K each a month we are getting these companies SOOOO Much More Bang for their Buck. We will be searching for other companies that have had poor experiences with this company for sure!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

A complete waste of money. We were told typically for this kind of advertising campaign we'd get between 14-20 good leads per month. In three months we received two leads. If their sales call was to be believed we should have had at least forty more. We didn't count the phone calls as leads when confused residents were looking for the manager of their apartment complex...which wasn't our company! Neither did we count the phone calls as leads where other vendors were calling us to try and sell us their services. We called Web.com monthly and gave them the opportunity to put it right as obviously they had no idea about our market. At a rate of $2,250+ per lead - it's way over the top.

I could say a whole lot more...as we feel the only expertise we received were the experts would took our $4,500 and failed at everything else. On our last call we were told that our leads didn't have to be quality leads...just leads...sorry but someone calling us trying to sell us something...or looking for their apartment complex manager is not a lead. A lead is someone looking for the services you provide. We asked for a refund and what was offered was an insult.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was a web designer and IT specialist. Outsourced my website to them because I was too busy to manage it myself. Well I went through the entire year with them at 299.95 a month, when I downgraded my site to hosting only after the first yr. the site was indexing above my competition, as well as some of the citations such as Yelp. I downgraded four months ago, and uploaded an exact site copy they provided, sweet nothing to change right?

Well I was going to show a customer how my site ranked organically both one that I manage (web design portion) and the one they created and host. Well the one they created did not show up in the nine pages of Google at all. When searching for my business name I was wondering what was going on so I took a look at my site's control code meta information and realized it was set to no index. Well let's explain what indexing is, indexing tells search engines (aka Google) if it is okay to rank your site in the non-local listings, a web designer uses this function when a site is not ready for ranking or under construction. Well this tells me that before they packaged up my site they switched the index to no index thus creating a problem of lost revenue and lost contract.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am trying to transfer a domain away from web.com/Network Solutions and this is what I have done so far: Requested them, and they want to email an authorization in 3 days (ok, done). Went to GoDaddy (the new registrar) and entered the auth code. GoDaddy said that Network Solutions's approval was needed (AGAIN) and that would take another WEEK... STILL waiting... Sorry I went with them in the first place, now that I have walked into their parlor, I can ne'er go out again... :(

Web.com Company Information