3.16/5

90 Dashlane Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Feels like a very immature solution. Microsoft Edge Dashlane Extension: total disaster. Took a very long time to load. Firefox: Comparably bad to Edge, some (ie: Paypal) do not autofill. Ironically manual fill is faster. I will be using some other product. Do not bother with this.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. I have Dashlane premium since about last 5 years and I never used it as I paid for almost 10 years in advance when I bought it without researching. When I tried to use it on my all PC's including LINUX I got to know they do not even have LINUX software. As they still do not have but somehow after 5 years they managed to build a plugin which do not allow you all access to your Dashlane account.

Now let's come to the worst part. I gave Dashlane website a visit today and thought about to use my account again. Then I thought why don't I upgrade my account for more years as I have decided to use it again. I still have 5 years on my account already by the way. They mention on their website $3.33 and $39.99 of total. But what they did not mention is about their renewal price. As I was already a premium user I entered my previous account email and as soon as their system detected my email the price went to $59.99 which make it $5/Month. Seriously? This awful company who managed to release their just 1 plugin after 5 years and not even capable of hiring someone is charging me $59.99 for 1 year?

Now they might come up with lame excuse like read our terms and conditions and bla bla bla. Dude you are selling a product. You must give users a sign on the pricing like other companies like a star (*) sign which identifies that terms and conditions applied. Or write this line in your sales box. NO there is nothing written about $60. This is hidden cost scam.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchased Dashlane software based largely on online reviews. Installed fine, but unfortunately when I went to actually change a password, the menu option to do so was missing. Worked with Dashlane customer support opening two separate tickets, they had me waste hours uninstalling and reinstalling the software, to no avail. Never worked. Then when I asked for a refund, they refused. Worst experience with a software app in years.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have a Dashlane Premium Subscription that expires on June 8, 2019 and use Dashlane on my MAC desktop running software version 10.12.6. I use both Firefox and Chrome as my browsers. During the course of the last several months, I've had to restart my computer 4 times after upgrading other software programs. Following each restart, EACH and every time I attempt to connect to the Dashlane VPN, the Dashlane product states that I must "Buy Premium" and preventing me from connecting to the VPN for which I'm paying.

This situation has occurred on 4 separate occasions and the response from Dashlane (I'm still waiting for their 4th response) is that I am at fault and that I must uninstall Dashlane and reinstall Dashlane or take some action denying or granting access (whatever that means). I've asked why the company has not fixed this SNAFU to which either the customer service or tech support rep states that Dashlane is aware of the problem and working to fix it.

I ask, "How many years does it take to fix a known software problem?" Because of my experiences with Dashlane's VPN, I will not renew my subscription to this otherwise excellent password managing product. Dashlane has certainly strayed well outside their technical knowledge base and is offering a VPN service with their password product that the company knows is flawed when used on a MAC.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I liked Dashlane when I first got it, but now it doesn't work for Firefox. Luckily it works for Chrome, but only about 3/4 of the time. Support said they would let me know when Dashlane was fixed for Firefox, but I doubt if I will ever hear from them. I'm using Windows 10.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dashlane ?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Ditto all the comments on the opaque communication process. No phone no chat. They took my money. I paid last year (frankly don't remember that upfront commitment) but it was $150.00 for 5 years of Dashlane Premium. Last week I decided to upgrade to Premium Plus when I set up a new laptop. The advertising says 10.00 per month for Premium Plus. Well, they charged me 119.99 through iTunes even though I ordered it on the website while in my current account. I immediately tried to remove it but no way to do it.

When you go to iTunes subscriptions, where they send you, it only gives you the option to downgrade to Premium for 59.99 a year vs. 119.99 a year for Premium Plus. No ability to cancel. So these clowns have way more of my money than I want them to. If you have been through the email support you are alarmed at the lack of comprehension or ability to speak English and it takes days for them to respond. I can't believe we trust our security to these people. I'm an idiot.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Their IOS app seems to work ok, however their desktop version (for Windows + Browsers) is incredibly buggy. I've now had Dashlane for over 4 years (across different versions and computers) and, since the beginning, their app will at times randomly crash or just not work. I'm tech savvy so I can force-quit it and relaunch but my less tech-savvy parents are always calling me that the app won't open (at which point rebooting is the easiest way to fix it). Honestly, I've had it with Dashlane. I'm not sure why but they refuse to fix it (or have incompetent desktop developers - try QAing the damn thing). I've switched over to LastPass (which has a totally free version that syncs across devices) and it seems to work fine.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I've been inundated with so many constant changing passwords at this point that I was desperate to find one solution to help manage all of them. After reading the PC Magazine review I spent the $59.99 on August 5th, 2018 for 1 year of Dashlane Premium and while it would take a bit longer for my PC to load it was nice to see all of my passwords in one place. Being that we all have a ton of passwords I used a random password generator to come up with a Dashlane master password and didn't write it down because just like IT security 101 says - "Don't write down your passwords."

Come today I turn on my computer and Dashlane opens and tells me I'm forced to change my password without letting me log in first with the original password! No I don't remember my original master password that's THE WHOLE POINT OF A PASSWORD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM!!! If you don't remember your master password there is no recovery option. The only option is to uninstall which then wipes all of your Dashlane passwords meaning you have to start again from scratch!!! So let me get this straight... now I need to find a way to manage my passwords for a company that wants to manage my passwords??? Total garbage!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Dashlane is complete garbage. They did not send us any notification of account issues and removed some of our data (ie. They Lost Our Data!). We are saying goodbye to Dashlane. I mean these clowns want to charge you UPFRONT for an entire year of service. No monthly options. So when their software breaks and no longer functions, they don't have to offer any customer service whatsoever. With their recent rollout, I wonder if we are the only ones with these issues or if it is systemic. Rating: 0.5 out of 5.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've been using Dashlane for 3 years as a Premium user. It's always been 'quirky' and iOS always requires cut and paste despite repeated contact with support. My main usage is desktop. V6 release just made Dashlane desktop unusable. Entering a password automatically or manually can take 20-20 seconds. Opening Dashlane to find and open a password record can take up to 1 minute.

I reported to support on August 8. Had 'nice' reply 3 days later but basically said 're-install as new version will fix.' When that didn't work and reported straight back took 1 week for new response which said the same, i.e. reinstall new version. Told them that was no good and I wanted it elevated. It was elevated, to second level. That was 5 days ago. Black hole - no response. Even sent screen cams to show exactly the time delay - waste of time. If you really wanted to hack people off it is quite easy - just do what Dashlane support do - i.e. treat premium customers as if they weren't important.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I purchased Dashlane Premium a few weeks ago, and so far, it has been a nightmare. My purpose in purchasing was to improve security of my many logins, keep all login info in one secure location, and to be able to sync across my devices (laptops, phone, iPad). The software documentation claims to do all of that, and the PC Magazine reviews were solid, so I purchased a 3-year subscription for $99. Big mistake.

If you only used one device (not sure that applies to anyone these days), it wouldn't be so bad, but it does not work well across multiple devices. I eventually got the app installed everywhere, and the information is synced, but there are many operational issues. For instance, when you pull up a site that requires a login, Dashlane may or may not fill in the info. Since the passwords are made impossible to remember, you will need to access the Dashlane app, search for the particular account, enter the master password, and then copy and paste the account password into the site.

It really kills productivity/efficiency. On my laptops, I would guess that Dashlane fills in the password maybe 60-70% of the time, as long as you're not on a site that requires IE/MS Edge. Dashlane does not work with the Microsoft browser (that's a pretty big miss!). With the iPhone, Dashlane NEVER enters the password. That always requires the lookup and copy/paste. Very frustrating.

Another problem I've run into is the difficulty in changing passwords within the app. Sounds crazy, I know. Changing a password in a password manager ought to be the easiest thing to do, but it isn't. Here's the scenario - my banking app now logs me out and disables touch ID since installing Dashlane, so I have to go through the lookup, copy, and paste routine to get into my banking app on my phone. Then, it asks me for other identifying info and requires that I change my password (you'll be changing passwords more often than you change your socks once you download this software!).

I go to the Dashlane app and look for an option to generate a new password. No such option exists! There is a "password changer" button, but it only works with a few sites. How do you change passwords on other sites? The only way I've found is to manually change the password on the site to something not secure, and save that to Dashlane, which then will usually note that it's weak and recommend generating a new one. It works, but very cumbersome and time-consuming!

Dashlane also advertises the ability to store payment info securely and automatically fill in websites when making purchases. I've only tried this once, and it did not work. I now have a Dilemma - I'm not sure whether I can cancel and get a refund, as Dashlane has essentially no customer support, even if I do cancel it, the nightmare will continue, as I have 100+ system-generated passwords out there and will need to document them all somewhere. My advice - do not purchase this software! Save yourself from hours of headaches.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have used Dashlane for a couple of years, a satisfied customer. All of a sudden this week - apparently after the introduction of a new version (V.6 update) - my 100% safe storage of some 90 passwords became an apparent cesspool of some 60 "compromised" passwords. Bad as that may be, what's even more upsetting is that even with my premium (i.e. PAID) status, supposedly providing extra customer service, I cannot get help. There is only email contact, and while my message received a machine acknowledgment, no contact was made. There is no phone support and a supposed chat widget is nowhere to be found. It's a shame to do this to a service that was commendable... until now.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I used Dashlane for the last 10 months with a Dashlane Premium account across my phone and 2 computers, one of which was my work laptop. My work laptop, I will admit, is behind when it comes to versions of OS X and could use an update. However, that is out of my control and it isn't THAT far behind. I loved Dashlane until recently a new update to Dashlane dropped support for the version of OS X I had on my work laptop.

Here's my problem with that. For the last 10 months Dashlane has been storing my passwords and personal data, and even generating the passwords for me. It was great, but now 1 day they've just decided to limit my access to that data on one machine. I paid for a year of Dashlane Premium, but can no longer take advantage of it as I did. The issue here is that I paid for a year of subscription and Dashlane has not held up to supporting my machine for that year. The second and more important issue is that Dashlane has collected my data and then restricted my access to that data. This is completely unfair. A company like Dashlane should be built on a reputation of trust and they clearly broke that trust here.

I contacted support to see if there was a way I could get an older version of the extension and obviously they wanted no part in that and wanted everyone on the new version. I asked for a refund on my last 2 months of Premium as I could no longer sync across all my devices and would like to go to a competing service. I got nowhere with support. After 3 days of talks with support I got escalated to Tier 2 support. After 2 weeks (!!!) I finally got a response that just repeated that the refund period was 30 days. Again, I can't give my personal data to a company with a support team that is so unresponsive.

It's not about the $17 I would like back, it's about the integrity of Dashlane. Any company that asks to hold personal data of any kind should be held to a high standard. They are setting a high bar. Dashlane can keep my $17, it's a small price to pay to find out this company isn't trustworthy, I'm glad I found out now and my data is safe, and I can remove and move it before an actual issue occurs and I need to rely on Dashlane for anything.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Have been using Dashlane premium for a couple of weeks on two systems. Passwords are properly synced between the two. One oddity: your Dashlane account ID is your password when you sign up for Dashlane. If your email address ever changes, there's no way to change your Dashlane ID. You can change the email address that they send notifications to, but not your ID. Seems a bit shortsighted.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I just paid $99.99 to renew this program, only because I can't afford to lose all of my password data. I have come to loathe this program. When I complained to Dashlane very recently, they wrote back "Maybe the problem is because you use Dashlane on more than one device"! Duh! I want syncing between my phone and laptop and PC, isn't that what they promise?

Why does Dashlane ask if I want to save a password when it just signed me in? Why, when I delete a password on Dashlane in order to get a clean slate and start over, does it remember my old password and interfere in my process? Why does Dashlane not work at all on some sites? Why do I have to copy my own password from Dashlane in order to log into a site? Why do I find multiple listings of the same site in Dashlane on so many different sites? I am getting rid of this program as soon as possible. I used to like it, but the longer I have it the more I dislike it because the performance has deteriorated over time. :(

Original review: July 22, 2018

App logs you out of all your accounts. As the major ones have two factor authentication enabled, using Dashlane will force you to use it every time. That means having to take out my mobile and load up the app and enter the new code. This is a real annoyance. I'm happy for my browser to remember once and not have to re-log in every single time. Sure, I know it's secure, but the point of a password manager is to make things quicker and more convenient, right? As everything important already had an extra layer of protection, I don't feel Dashlane adds anything useful at all.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I very much regret paying for this crapware. I WILL NOT re-login every few days, that's BS. How can they charge $40 a year and offer zero support??? I use very long complicated password and do not want to have to write it down and keep it nearby or have it constantly available in a text document. This is why I bought software to remember passwords and NOT to have to re-login to the software itself all the time. Very, very poor software. I will have to cancel it before the membership is up. I feel extremely ripped off. Had I know or had any idea that it cannot and will not save my master password on the same computer but for 14 days I would never have bought it. That for me is a deal breaker, but what's even worse is they offer no support whatsoever. Too expensive to not have any support.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I wanted to like this program, but I was unable to import all my info from LastPass. The information provided by Dashlane did not work. I have tried to use their help page some 10 times and it doesn't work. Terrible customer service. I will not use the program nor waste any more time with it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Doesn't work 60% of the time. Why does Dashlane have 5 star reviews in computer magazines, and 1 star reviews elsewhere? I don't understand. My own experience has been pretty dismal -- it just randomly works or doesn't work; sometimes going to the app and copying passwords manually helps, sometimes those passwords have just not been updated. I don't recommend it.

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

The company was responsive in this case and provided me a full refund. Based on the customer service response I have updated my star-rating from one to two stars.

Original review: June 12, 2018

After only 3 months of using this product as a Premium member my password database was erroneously deleted (or corrupted) on both my computer and the cloud. The response received from Dashlane support included, "Thank you for your message. You should not have lost your data this way. We are investigating the cause of this data loss," followed by, "Unfortunately, after more investigation, my software engineer colleague was not able to find why your data got erased and could also not recover it. As a compensation for the loss of your data, we offered you 6-month of Premium for free." I am now attempting to obtain a refund as 6-months of free service does me no good as I do not intend on wasting my time rebuilding my password database only to have it susceptible to accidental deletions.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Very frustrating that I signed up yesterday and they double billed me. When I went on website to search for contact info was disappointed in how hard or impossible it is to contact Dashlane to resolve the issue.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I bought Dashlane because of the stellar reviews by PC Magazine. Then discovered with the first failing of the product that support was unsatisfactory as it was difficult to use and the cut and paste capabilities which I had to figure out for myself were horrible to get the application to work. I tried using other password managers but there was no way to efficiently transfer the larger number of passwords I had to move over. Finally when after months of research I located a product which met my expectations fully. I researched not only the operation of that product but how the service product has been reported on the internet. I checked for ripoff reports and found favorable reviews from the user community.

The user community for the Dashlane product regarding service and use is horrible. Dashlane rates in the low 2.5 stars. There are numerous complaints about the failure rates of Dashlane and I'm just another user in that group. It's not just the lack of support, it's the failure of Dashlane to work consistently as a web extension (it stopped working on and off on a daily basis). I had to open up the extension and copy the user ID and Password into the fields and click on the login button manually. Dashlane had stopped working autofill and support was non-existent. I gave up on trying to find a solution other than looking for another product. On the phone app, I have to copy and paste the PW into the app, because there is no process for 2FA and fingerprint entry in your app. In short, the Dashlane for the price lacks the technology I required. And there have been hacks and compromised passwords too.

For so many reasons I felt Dashlane was inadequate and presented a cybersecurity risk as a password manager was more of a risk than an aid and the cost was outrageous. I didn't get any value for it and I felt I got ripped off. When I asked for a refund the company refused. As a Cybersecurity Coach and Cybersecurity Professional, I highly advise against using Dashlane PW Manager. In fact, any PW manager doesn't fully protect anyone from a cyber threat. It is recommended that any PW manager that is selected be fully researched by a competent cybersecurity consultant, or at least research the reviews other than PC Magazine. Look at the forums and complaints on consumer boards like this for both high and low reviews. All anyone needs to do is to enter a search for reviews on the topic you are looking for information including ripoff reports". Be careful.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I purchased Dashlane from Dashlane.com last year but stopped using it when the program became more effort than I wanted to give to it. I saw an automatic renewal charge on my credit card bill. I found their website confusing as well in trying to get this rectified. I finally was able to register a complaint and a request for a refund. A very nice lady emailed me and resolved everything. I should receive a full refund in 2 -3 weeks. High marks for resolving the problem and low marks for the difficulty in reaching someone.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have tried in vain to learn more from Dashlane. From chats, to email instructions, videos, you name it. I had six employees sit with me for a chat for the company use. I have premium. We all piled into my office, the person appointed to work with me was 30 minutes late, once we started the chat, we had to wait for responses as I assume he was also working with other customers, and in the end, we were amazed at how bad the chat was. We could not believe the horrid service. We learned nothing, and it took forever to go back and forth. We needed to get back to work, so we just ended the chat. One of my employees is very tech savvy, and he just shook his head and laughed when he left my office. Shame they don't monitor their reviews.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have for a year tried to get help from Dashlane. They have no Chat nor do they have a phone to call. They will not refund me nor will they give me any instructions to solve the situation. It will not log my information consistently. Mostly it does not work at all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Dashlane will not capture my log in information to Twitter. This has been a recurring problem with just about every app on my iPad. I am sure there is a workaround but it will be a pain and will take a lot of my time. I signed up for premium because I want the full functionality. I am afraid that I have been duped and wasted my money. I will be looking for another password manager.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Have been a premium customer 3 years. Very good in features and syncing ability. Have had a few problems along the way which were addressed via email instructions. However 6 weeks ago I requested help with a multitude of ongoing issues on 2 of my devices, but the first response was a generic one 5 days later (not 24 hours). No further follow up as promised so replied with same detailed questions, same response and my same reply... 3 times. A good product does not outweigh that product that doesn't work and with no support. Service is the most important element in business, and I am done. It really is a shame.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I've been a paid subscriber of Dashlane for a year now and it has been a nightmare. Dashlane has been unreliable. New versions and updates have left me stranded and without a way to access my passwords. Not realizing my paid year was coming to an end, Dashlane literally held my passwords hostage and forced me to pay another $40 ($80 in total for 2 years) in order to get them out of Dashlane and safely into another app. Dashlane customer support is a complete joke that will leave you literally hanging, waiting for a response.

Then guess what? No response ever comes. With so many customers always complaining they installed a new email you can write to. VIP@Dashlane.com. Guess what sort of response you get from them? NONE. The regular customer support sends out autoresponders. Numerous submittals to the email provided to paid members for customer service, Response he VIP sends out nothing ---- at all. No confirmation. No Nothing. My best advice for you would be Don't Do Dashlane!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have used password managers in the past and would never use one that saved any information of mine in the 'Cloud'. That being said, I have noticed that the default installation method for several other programs, one of them being some sort of tool or update from Intel (?), stealthily installed Dashlane by default. When I found Dashlane on my computer, I immediately used a heavy duty program (IObit Uninstaller) to remove any trace of Dashlane from my system.

IMHO, any company that wants to, needs to, or does try to surreptitiously install its software during the installation of some software (application, driver, utility, etc.) that has nothing to do with the program being stealthily installed is NOT to be trusted. There are a lot of good password managers available which are recommended or written by some of the top, very well-known security experts in the industry, and several are free and/or OpenSource. One of those is what I would choose to use for password management.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

In Nov of 2017, Dashlane did an upgrade on their product (Password Manager). I downloaded and used the free version. I adored the options and extra areas where I could make notations and refer back when needed. I pride myself on keeping my clientele information secure, but after an upgrade, the password to login booted me out. After contacting their so-called CS, John and Gabrielle made me jump through hoops like a trained circus dog, and after almost 3 months and multiple logs and "Try this" or "do this" I am fed up with this product. I won't refer, nor will I continue to use this should they fix it.

Meanwhile, I have lost over 15 years of accumulated information that I can not retrieve, despite their "external backup" option on their Premium account. After a year of using this product, I am livid and hope others avoid this massive loss should they consider it. Dashlane, you are a hideous disappointment and until you get your act together, I can't even think that you deserve one star. I have never dealt with such ignorance and lack of "care" from a company for a client than this mess.

Dashlane Company Information