Call toll free*
Call toll free
1.72/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Wawanesa Auto Insurance

Wawanesa Insurance offers auto, home, renters and condo insurance to clients in Canada, Oregon and California. Wawanesa is not an official carrier with InsuraMatch, which powers the *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. Speak with an InsuraMatch representative for free quotes from multiple providers today.

107 Wawanesa Auto Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Let me start by saying that I was a happy customer for 4 years. I made a couple of claims. None my fault and they were good, always will deduct my deductible and they will pay me the difference. I ran into a vandalism claim and that's when things went south. I made a claim not because I wanted Wawanesa to pay but because I wanted them to support me engage the party at fault to pay the damages.

I spoke with Wawanesa twice and they close my claim without notifying me or giving me a courtesy call, the first time I spoke with them was to make the claim and the second time was when my claim was transferred to a claims representative. Long story short, I took my car to a repair shop. They have an estimate lower than my deductible and Wawanesa just close my policy without notifying me that my claim was being closed, I gave them a call and I was just told that the damages were lower than my deductible and I have to pay for my damages. The whole reason I open a claim was for them to help me get the other party to pay for the damages but as long as they don't have to pay money they won't lift a finger for you. I'm pretty sure the story will be totally different if they had to pay thousands of dollars. I'm pretty sure they will call me more than twice.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My auto insurance is increasing every 6 months even though Department of Insurance has not approved the rate increase every 6 months. I got about $100 - $200 minimum increase every 6 months. My rate increased more than 300% within a few years. I know Department of Insurance has not approved the rate change for the period of 1/2018 - 12/2018 but they increased my premium anyway even though I did not have any violation during this period.

I called and talked to the rep who hung up on me when she could not answer my questions. I then wrote email from their secured site. After 2 days, while I am still active customer, they deleted my account and I could not write them anymore. Then I used regular email address and wrote them, they totally ignored my emails. They are basically telling me that I have to take it or leave but rate increase does not need approval from Department of Insurance. I had no choice (limited time to shop around this time) and paid higher premium. What a monopoly by Canadian company in the United States!!! Can Department of Insurance allow this kind of monopoly by Wawanesa? Please help!!

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi M, thank you for your feedback on your experience. We would very much like to have a manager reach out to you directly to discuss. Please email your full contact info and policy number to marketingus@wawanesa.com so that we can resolve and clarify these issues. We thank you for being a customer and taking the time to reach out with your concerns.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Wawanesa was good company until about 5 years ago. But they started increasing about 25% on auto insurance every 6 months. Within 3 years they increased 150% as rate adjustment approved by Department of Insurance (per Wawanesa, need to verify with DOI) and they increased 200% at the same time for 2 violations. So, within 3 years, my auto insurance increased by 350%. They know that you won't get better rate when you leave them with 2 violations. So, they rip you off. If you are in the same situation, you must file a complaint with DOI just the way I did. I will continue to make noise in the Internet until they start to listen and DOI starts investigation on Wawanesa's monopoly practices.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi Raj, thank you for your feedback on your experience. We would very much like to have a manager reach out to you directly to discuss. Please email your full contact info and policy number to marketingus@wawanesa.com so that we can resolve and clarify these issues. We thank you for being a customer and taking the time to reach out with your concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2018

I recently moved out of Alberta to Ontario, I am looking to start a new insurance policy here. I phoned my broker, she informed me that it takes 3-4 weeks for me to get a simple letter of experience (which took all of an hour to receive in my email from State Farm). My broker put in a request and suggested I call Wawanesa directly and see if I have any luck with customer service, maybe they could speed it along. I have NEVER heard of a letter of experience taking more than a couple hours... When I just called (780) 469-5700, I spoke to the girl in the payments department, she was very rude. I explained that I'd like to start a new policy and need that letter so my insurance will be cheaper. She asked me which broker I spoke with, so she could call and ask why they're telling me these things (like how I should call them directly to request it). I told her I'm not going to get anyone in trouble, so she hung up on me. Awful, AWFUL customer service.

Hi Samantha,

We are concerned to hear about your issue regarding your experience and thank you for being a long time customer. In order to better assist you, please email us at marketingus@wawanesa.com and let us know if we are right in assuming that you are a Canadian customer so we can reach out to their office and make sure the right people reach out to you. We kindly ask that you please include your full name and policy number.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 29, 2018

I experienced an incident where one of their insured vehicles backed up into my vehicle and this is where the nightmare began. The driver assumed fault, Wawanesa failed to get back with me or my insurance company for over (3) months and once I did get an opportunity to speak with someone he was not informed, unprofessional and was very disrespectful. The finding provided to my insurance company varied from the information provided to me once I informed them that the call would be recorded.

Any person in their right mind knows that it does not take (3) months for any insurance entity to find out if a driver is excluded, if so, run for the hills! This is something that you could find out in days if not immediately. I now have to take additional time off of work to take the driver to small claims court and I will be obtaining a lawyer to turn over the recorded call and subpoena the calls placed by my insurance company which clearly demonstrates fraud being committed. If you have an issue with Wawanesa it is important that you be persistent or seek legal counsel if need be as their unethical practices need to be brought to light.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi Sharolyn, thank you for your feedback on your claims experience. We are concerned to hear about your issue regarding your claim. In order to better assist you, please email us at marketingus@wawanesa.com. We kindly ask that you please include your full name, claim number, and any other information you feel is relevant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wawanesa Auto Insurance?

Original review: May 25, 2018

It always good to have this insurance coverage. When filing a claim, the broker contact the insurance company for me, next day I received a call from the adjuster, and few days after from the appraiser. But when I have to deal with a personal injury claim staff, she doesn't sounds too pleasant.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi Chris, thank you for your feedback on your claims experience. We are concerned to hear about your issue regarding your experience with our claim staff. In order to better assist you, please email us at marketingus@wawanesa.com. We kindly ask that you please include your full name, policy number, and any other information you feel is relevant to your claim.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2018

20 years of loyalty and referrals are toast, thanks to their lack of training and unprofessionalism. Before my most recent accident my last claim with them was 9 years ago. At that time they were the best insurance company around. Always fair with strong customer service skills. In the last year things have changed. Read any review on this company in the last year. They have dropped service in exchange for numbers. I’ll spare the readers all of the details simply because every other review tends to agree to issues such as doubled rates, falsifying fault, and low ball settlements. My complaint is about Donnelle **, and Meghan **.

Concerning Meghan, she was my claims representative. She tried to handle the claim, however her lack of customer service skills was too distracting to listen too. I’ve called Wawanesa many times over the decades and figured it was a one off from the norm. I called to ask for any other claims representative and was kicked to her boss Donnelle **. This is where things get strange. Donnelle seamed to be distracted during our conversation or she just didn’t care about the lack of service skills in her people. To top things off she flat out lied to me twice, and the began yelling at me that I was calling her a liar. In my experience people who shout “Are you calling me a liar?” are almost always full of it. First thing she told me was that it was against all rules to change claims representative, UNTRUE. With one email I got a new claims rep.

Secondly and more important is their low ball scam. Wawanesa will never pay you what your car is worth. They go low and if you don’t comply they will force you into an appraisal contest that you pay for out of your own pocket. The cost can run up to $500. I asked Donnelle ** how much it normally cost to get her response after showing no interest in complaint about poor customer service skills. I had already been told by 3 Wawanesa employs the cost, so it was a bit of a test. Donnelle ** made it clear to me she had no earthly idea how much it could cost to argue the amount of the loss. I found it extraordinary difficult to believe that she didn’t have the knowledge that 3 lower employees had of the top of their head. Then after catching her in a lie she begins to yell at the customer. Long story short, after 20 years of loyalty and referrals, I’m now looking for someone else.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi Israel, We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing issues lately and want to assure you that the information we received has been passed through the appropriate channels. You should hear back from someone within the next 24 hours.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Wawanesa Auto Insurance always answer any questions correctly the 1st time. Saved enough on premiums to get earthquake ins. Had a wind damage claim at my home the next day.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Hi Robert, thanks so much for leaving a review and for being a loyal customer. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience with us all the way from the phone to home repairs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I was with Wawanesa for my auto insurance for 19 years and renters insurance for 9 months. Even though my house was stripped down to studs and the foundation and rebuilt, they wouldn't insure it because it was too old on the public records but they did insure my things after I sold my house. For most of my time with them they were absolutely outstanding. I only had 1 claim.

My car was a melted pile of aluminum after the 2003 Cedar Fire. I filed my claim the next day and had a check in my hand 5 days later with no red tape. Up until the beginning of 2017 I would have given them 5 stars. However, something happened and they plummeted into a dark hole. Calls were impossible - you would be on hold easily for an hour with no connection. If you left your number to be called back, it would take days for them to return your call, if at all! And of course, the call back would be random so it was unlikely that you would be there for their call so the frustration would continue.

I moved out of state and wrote them a notification of my address change, requesting my car and renters coverage be cancelled. I didn't get my refunds but was consumed by a complicated and difficult move so I just resigned to letting the refunds go after two attempts to call them about it failed (again - impossible to reach them by phone). Then I started getting bills! I was finally able to talk to a human and she treated me like I was lying. She said there were no problems with long phone waits and that I never put in an address change!

She finally said if I could prove I had other insurance to show I really did move at that time, she would send me a refund. I did and received a bill for another year!!! I sent a letter explaining the whole series of events along with a copy of my new insurance at the time of my move and all I got was a call saying they only received a notice of address change with that letter - 6 months later!!! So no refund on either policy, no apology, no acknowledgement of any of the things I stated in my letter. I am so angry and frustrated with them!!! It's not worth those consuming emotions so I'm just going to drop it.

Bottom line: They are impossible to contact, impossible to work with, horrible with their customer service and use their incompetence to hold onto money due their customers! On top of that, at about the same time the problems started, they increased their rates DRAMATICALLY with no explanation! I am SO glad to be done with them!!! I don't understand how or why they changed so drastically but I recommend you stay far away from them.

Hi Anne,

Original review: April 16, 2018

Due to a little bad luck on my part and being a victim of insurance fraud, Wawanesa canceled my policy after having been in business with them over 10 years. When I called to inquire why and reiterate the fraud part, I was told that they don't insure "bad drivers." Fine. No problem. I get it. So I go to Mercury. Then almost immediately after the policy expires, they start sending me, in the mail marketing material to insure with Wawanesa. When I call, they said I requested it which I did not. I asked to for myself and my wife to be removed from their lists. But they're still sending me quotes. I've called 3 times. Each time told I would no longer receive mail. Yet today, I get another mailer for my wife. I called today and asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told the supervisor would call... They didn't. This is not how you treat clients.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I have been with this company 24 straight years. ZERO tickets, ZERO accidents and my rates have gone up nearly double. When I called them for explanation they said it's not good for them as a company not to make a profit and they need to recuperate losses from paying out so many claims. I say how about you recoup your losses on those who have accidents and tickets instead of smashing their good customers with hefty rate increases, thanks Samantha (aka supervisor). NO good reason. I hope to find A new insurance company real soon. Also check your policies people. Wawanesa is also charging their customers extra if say your car is hit and you don't want aftermarket parts used to repair your car, YEP more money more money. Get rich Wawanesa pay up customers. Congrats Wawanesa you win biggest scam of the year award.

Hi Lorie,

thank you for your review and for being a long-time customer of Wawanesa. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing issues lately and ask that you email us at marketingus@wawanesa.com with your full name, phone number, and policy number so we can follow up with you directly. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: April 3, 2018

After having insurance with Wawanesa Oregon for over 10 years, I was hit in March 2017, at that time the police determined there was no fault, as I was not in the wrong, and supposedly the unlicensed driver who hit me was also not in the wrong. The claim adjuster or analyst, said the other party would not give a statement. All of the sudden my insurance DOUBLES and I call to ask why, I'm told it's because I was AT FAULT... WHAT???! No one even fully investigated the issue because the other party wasn't complying. That being said, I am searching for a new insurance company and am 1 day past Wawanesa's grace period as I did not pay my newly DOUBLED rate on time, and was hoping to only pay 1 month while I looked for other insurance. I had planned on staying with them, and paying on time until I had realized my quote was only for 6 months and not a year like usual and had increased sooo much! More than double.

Anyways, I call them today in regards to just make a stupid payment and they want to lapse me! Couldn't be more upset!!! I have always paid on time, always paid a year in advance, the one time I am "late" without receiving a cancellation letter, and they tell me I am one day too late and they can't make an exception to re-instate me! **!!!! By the way, I tried to log on earlier in the week and make said payment but their services were down... so I waited until today, my day off. They could care less. No incidents, no lapses, nothing prior, until 2017... cannot believe they treat their customers this way! I'm leaving nonetheless. You really do get what you pay for, and now that they have raised their rates, I can say you would be majorly overpaying for their services if you chose to go with them!

Wawanesa Auto Insurance response

Thank you for your feedback and for being a long-time customer, Amber. We’re sorry to hear about your frustration with rate changes and the difficulty with your claim. We’d be happy to have one of our representatives look into this for you. Please email us at marketingus@wawanesa.com with your full name, policy number, and phone number and we’ll be sure to reach out. Again, thank you for your business.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I had the worst experience with Wawanesa when I actually needed their help as one would when carrying an insurance policy. Their rates are lower than most but you get what you pay for once you are actually involved in an accident. I was struck by an 18 wheeler tractor trailer from the driver side with $18,000 done in damages. The police did not make a conclusion on who's at fault and I was assigned a horrible adjuster by the name of Shimmy **. She was very insincere and rude and made me the culprit when I was the one who was struck by an 18 wheeler. I was dissatisfied with them concluding me at fault without ever leaving their San Diego office to access the car's damage and or location of the incident. I have never heard of one being at fault when you are the one who was struck.

I have called a lawyer to sue for what is right and I have decided to cancel my policy with Wawanesa as soon as my policy is up for renewal. Regardless of the outcome of who's at fault, I have never witnessed such a cold reaction from an adjuster in all my years of experience. It is Shimmy who has caused me to want to cancel my policy. An old saying rings true, you get what you pay for.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

After paying car insurance for 15 years with Wawanesa. I was paying about $1,600 for two cars yearly. I do my payment once a year, so my insurance is due every August. Apparently the changed they billing now for 6 months. I didn't read the dates that they were billing me the same amount but for six months instead of a year. How can that be? I felt so disappoint for not reading the dates right. Today I received a new bill for $1747. I was like, "Why are they billing me again if the insurance is due in August?" I am so mad and feeling angry for not paying attention. They can keep my money but they lost a great customer who never had a ticket or car accident.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I hit a deer coming home. Truck was drivable, but serious front end damage to hood and grill. I phoned Wawanesa at the time of the accident. When I said I wasn't hurt, and was mobile, and there were no other parties involved but a dead deer, they said to call in the morning. The next morning I put in my claim. Gave me a number, asked me where I was getting it fixed. Told them and they had no problem with that provider. A week later I was on the road again. I've called my agent on several occasions and he remembers details about me. I needed proof of insurance for a contract I was bidding on and he faxed it to me an hour later. On a few occasions I've tried to find a better deal, they consistently come in about 30% below anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

When I first set up a policy with Wawanesa. I saw a broker, and the broker and I discussed a first payment date of May 28th (My checks come in at the end of the month) the Broker, told me that that worked when I was setting up my insurance to start on the 28th of April, (30 Days of time, was said to be sufficient) only to find out a payment came out immediately, and bounced (I didn't notice because my account remained at 0$ when I checked, and I didn't see a negative balance) then on May 28th they took a payment, and it succeeded.

Then 5 days later they tried to take April 28ths payment again, and of course the money was not there, now I have been trying to get this amended for the past little while, and Wawanesa continues to send me letters of experience that only state canceled due to non payment, when if the miscommunication did not happen, I would not be here. Wawanesa has officially caged my life, and I can no longer afford to get any insurance with basically any company, with all requiring down deposits of 2000$ or more, they have screwed me over, for basically my entire life, so if anyone knows a company that will insure me in Canada Nova Scotia, with a non-pay on file, that should not exist, for a monthly bases insurance with no huge down deposit please let me know at **. Seriously Disappointed in Wawanesa, and Huestis Insurance Brokers.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

From the automotive side, they offer excellent service. Came out of the building to see that someone had run into the bumper of my car. Called Rep from Wawanesa and they came out to evaluate the situation. Booked repair work within the week. We have both our auto and property policies through Wawanesa. To cancel one or the other increases the cost of our policies.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I've been with Wawanesa for over 10 years and have never had a problem until today. I found out today that when I paid my 1,400 premium in October it was only for 6 months. I've been paying 1,400 for 3 cars for several years and all of a sudden they double my premium. I can understand a rate hike... but let's be reasonable, double? Really Wawanesa? I'm so disappointed in this company. I'm shocked that they would do this. I wasn't even aware that they changed me to a 6 month policy. I'm definitely going to cancel my policy and take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I was so happy to be with Wawanesa for the last year and even recommended them to several friends. Today I get the renewal emails... GOOD LORD! After paying around 1200 for 3 vehicles for a year, my policy changed to over 1400 for 6 months! Are they crazy? Both my Husband and I have spotless records. Needless to say, I will go back to Progressive. I have a feeling this company will be going belly up real soon!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

My son was involved in traffic collision while away at a university. On his way to class, he was struck by another motorist. My contact with the officers and my son indicates my son was not at fault. A week later I received a letter placing my son 100% at fault and Wawanesa paying out for the other insured claim. The only evidence of my son's determination to be at fault, was the Wawanesa adjuster interview with my son. They did not rely on the police report nor were they able to interview the other party. I obtained a police report which clearly places the other party at fault and an independent witness on the police report corroborates my son's non-fault. I forwarded a copy of the police report to Wawanesa and I have been told they will contact the other insured, State Farm, and ask for reimbursement.

It is over two weeks now and I still have not been able to get an adjuster to give me an assessment on my son's truck. I have sent emails and made calls to previous and current Wawanesa insurance adjusters and I am yet to get any straight answers from my own insurance. Emails have not been answered, except once, that they are trying to rectify Wawanesa's mistake.

Wawanesa was quick to pay out on the other party 100% at fault and I still can't get any answers. It does not appear that Wawanesa is looking out for me as their insured. Next step is to get legal representation and send letters of dissatisfaction up the chain of command at Wawanesa. For what it's worth, my son did not fair well during finals week due to the stress of this incident and follow-up service by Wawanesa. Terrible experience for any of us parents that send our kids off to good universities and think they will be safe and in good hands.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have been with Wawanesa for many years. I pay renewal in September, well my son needed some information on the policy, so looked at the policy for him and I realized that the policy changed without any notice from one year to 6 months, basically they double my policy, NEEDLESS to say that I will be shopping for a new company by March, by the way I will cancel my home insurance also.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Well first off they got rid of 1 year policies to only 6 month policies which made my rates go up $500 a year. Their reason was because their profits were only 1% because of customers falsifying their yearly mileage on their vehicles, which is what I was told by a Wawanesa Rep. So I accept the increase because the rates are still cheaper. I did renewed twice with the 6 month policy. Now renewal is up again. My rates are going up another $200. With no tickets no adjustments to the policy. Zip zero. Nothing and my rates are going up. Now my rates are borderline with AAA. Might as well go with AAA at this point.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

It use to be the older you and your car get the cheaper the rates are... not the case here. I've been with this company for years and happy at the rates I was paying for 2 cars. I've noticed rates were not dropping. Just earlier this year I get my renewal notice and I went from paying $1200 full coverage for the year to $900 for 6 months (full year payment no longer available). No accidents... no tickets. I called and spoke to a rep and their reason for the increase was due to how much the company has had to pay out on claims. Looks like I'm gonna have to take my business elsewhere!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've been a Wawanesa Oregon customer since March of 2017. I've not had a single problem. Customer service is fabulous. Everyone is very friendly and professional! Out of all the insurance companies I've had I'd have to say that these guys are the best! A company I can rely on to protect me and my vehicle! My hold time has never been more than 3 minutes and if prompted to get a call back they always reach out within 15 minutes of the requested call back!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have had Wawanesa for 35 years. They have always been outstanding in customer service, low rates and I loved the 1 year policy. The last 2 years my rate for 12 months was $460, even though I had an accident 2 years ago. My new policy in July was only for 6 months and was over $300. It still gave the option of monthly payments on the statement, so I sent in the first month. Then I got a "past due" notice. I paid the balance asked for and emailed, asking why I was sent the late payment notice, and wanted to know why the 6 month policy and huge rate increase. The reply that I must set up the monthly payments by phone using my checking account, although nowhere in the billing statement did it state that when the payment options were listed. I got a "sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding" reply.

As for the 6 month policy instead of 12, and the huge rate increase, the reply was like others I read here: that Wawanesa wanted to be competitive with other insurance companies. That's B.S. I can't try to get other insurance for another year because of the accident on my record, but when that time is up, I will definitely be shopping for quotes from other companies. I did get a call back from a C.S. person who said to call her back and she would see if I was eligible for discounts, but they already give me a "persistency" discount, and with an accident, they won't give me any other discounts, so why bother?

I am SO disappointed in Wawanesa! In the past when I would periodically shop around for quotes, I was always told that "we can't compete with Wawanesa's low rates" but obviously that isn't the case now. Their CEO most likely makes an 8 figure salary, and they no longer want to be the best company. I hope everyone that has them goes elsewhere. Then they'll find out what their greed got them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had an accident where a driver swerved into the shoulder and hit me while I was stopped in the area between two parallel parked cars and the driver was speeding. Wawanesa claims adjuster said it was my fault. I showed them a diagram and a dash cam video. "No it's still your fault". Hispanic claims adjuster sided with hispanic driver to throw old white driver under the bus so insurance company could raise my rates. Although they assured me they would not raise me rates but did it anyway. This ploy allows them to keep you after they raise your rates because you now have an at fault accident on your record and can't get insurance with another company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Just got renewal premium up 300%??? No accidents. Been with them over 15 years. Over $6000 premium yr now. Last year $2000. And the new 6 mo prem bs, and new easy statement bs. They must be swimming in money, rip offs.

Original review: July 24, 2017

This happened to me twice. They sent me the renewed policy payment. I am an old man and forgot to put somewhere. A week later I remember call them for the new payment. They sent me a new one and raised the price. Now I have moved to Texas. I purchase a new truck and buy a new insurance for it. I found out there is a strange accident I caused in early 2013. I knew I am a good driver, I never had any serious accident for 39 years I have driven. I just refresh again in early 2013, I stopped at the red light in Buena Park, California, a lady hit me on the back. I had full coverage insurance.

I called Wawanesa to take care the problem. They sent me to a body shop to repair. Later, they collected the money from the other insurance and paid me back the deductible. Now, my driving record shows I made this accident! All insurance companies gave me a bad number when I try to purchase insurance for my new truck. Wawanesa did this because they don't want their customer change their insurance company. WAWANESA IS A DIRTY INSURANCE COMPANY. Do your own research before you purchase auto insurance.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Wawanesa used to be the best company. Great rates and customer service. Now they are like loan-sharks with their six-month billing cycles. They start sending you warnings and then cancel you with the promise of renewal at a later date. I paid my two six month fees on time and started getting warning letters again. Just give me a date when something is due. I don't have time to have an ongoing correspondence with my insurance company, I don't need a pen pal. And, hey, call me if I am unknowingly driving around without insurance. Totally reckless and greedy. I left for Geico. Really sad. One of my longest vendor relationships.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have been with Wawanesa insurance for 20 years. I always felt it was a small company with good rates, But oh how times have changed at Wawanesa! Over the past two years I have noticed my premiums going up for no reason and when trying to call for info, I get transferred around to different people who always need to put me on hold. That's after waiting on hold for 10-20 mins to speak to a live person. I've been trying to delete one car and add another since yesterday. CS agent didn't know how to help me. After wasting 45 mins I asked for a supervisor, Of course none were available. I finally agreed to have a supervisor call me back. It's been over 26 hours and no one has called me. Hmmm. I just called them back and asked to speak to a manager.

I was speaking to a nice c.s. agent who was trying to help me. I said no, I want a manager, that I've been waiting for more than 26 hours. She tried to get one but they refused to answer the phone. She said they were in a meeting (maybe same one as yesterday). It's starting to scare me to have them as my insurance company. I think it's time to start looking for another insurance company! Since starting to write this review a supervisor actually just phoned me. What a nightmare trying to add another vehicle. Horrible customer service. I feel like I'm speaking to new hires with no insurance experience. I can see by reading the other reviews that most people seem to be complaining about the same issues I'm having.

Wawanesa Auto Insurance Company Information