4.04/5

Looking for a life insurance company?

83 USAA Life Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2016

USAA is the best insurance company. They are very helpful and make sure you get the best customer service. They have awesome customer service representatives.

Original review: March 12, 2016

It has been nothing but spectacular. USAA and I have a long relationship on many different products and they all are top-notch. I have been able to call them and get whatever I need from them whether it be a claim, an adjustment of my policy and they are the best deal around and have the best service I have ever had in my life.

Original review: March 11, 2016

I have 2 different life insurance policies and both were really easy to obtain. I called up and spoke to someone about getting my policies. With one policy a short medical evaluation was needed. They sent a nurse to my home in order to do the medical portion of the policy. The cost of my policies are really low and paying them is easy since I have automatic deductions taken from my checking account.

Original review: March 10, 2016

It is a great company to be represented by. I didn't have to post much at all for car insurance. I do have over a 10 year good driving record so that could help but the customer service is excellent.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I have auto, homeowners and life insurance through my current company. It's easier this way because if I have any kind of question or concern I'm dealing with the same company. Also I have a discounted rate for using all three insurances that are offered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA Life?

Original review: March 9, 2016

Great customer service. They pay claims quickly and efficiently. They also have great rates and good discounts for various things. We also have our homeowner's insurance with them and are very satisfied.

Original review: March 8, 2016

It was simple to get, payments are automatically made out of my account. All of my financial dealings are made in one place, making it easier on my wife if anything was to happen to me or for me in the event of something happening to her. My lawyer and our children (who bank at USAA) are familiar with the bank and its management personnel, so they too will have help sorting things out if something happens to my wife and me.

Original review: March 7, 2016

I have had no interaction with my insurance company regarding my life insurance policy. I have made no claims. I simply pay my premiums on time and I receive periodic mail from the company regarding several additional insurance offers and articles regarding terms and suggestions regarding my life insurance policy.

Original review: March 7, 2016

My life insurance policy was very easy to sign up for. My husband and both got adequate coverage with little hassle. Fortunately for us, we haven't had to use it yet. From what I understand this company is fast and efficient.

Original review: March 7, 2016

They have the best agents available on the market today. If any problems arrive they are very quick to respond and correct any issues that you might encounter. Also they have a wide variety of products to choose from. They stand behind any product they offer. I think they are the best choice for myself or others.

Original review: March 6, 2016

No problems. I won't know until the time comes to use it... not too soon I hope. Only have a term policy. Ask my widow how the company treats her after I am gone.

Original review: March 6, 2016

Signing up for this policy was very easy. At the time I signed up I was happy with the coverage. However when I contacted this company to see what my options are in the future I was not completely Satisfied with the aid that I was given. The agent was not very helpful and did not seem to know enough about the product.

Original review: March 5, 2016

Affordable insurance with a great online interface, thanks USAA for providing veterans and military families with awesome life insurance. You can do anything you need from the website which is very convenient and the one time I did have to call in the customer service was very nice and quickly resolved my issue.

Original review: March 5, 2016

I have had life insurance with my current carrier for at least 20 years. My husband passed away 13 years ago and my agent did everything in his power to make sure that I was taken care of. Anytime I have questions I can get answers quickly and courteously.

Original review: March 4, 2016

I've had nothing but a good experience with them. The rate is great, and the policy is very thorough. I would definitely recommend this company. It covers pretty much everything I'm looking for life insurance. I'm a member of the credit union, and they offer great products to members. But it fits my needs.

Original review: March 4, 2016

I have been with USAA for over 40 yrs. I have never had any problems and I also do my banking with them. My life insurance is also with them. My father was in the Air Force and my ex husband was in the Air Force. I live in Michigan - Insurance is real high and I pay out not a lot.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I get my life insurance through my employer. It is a great benefit. My employer works hard to provide top notch benefits, health and life insurance. Great coverage and minimal out of pocket costs.

Original review: March 2, 2016

Great rates. Superior customer service. Never experienced a problem in the 17 years I have been with them. Easy to pay and website and mobile app are great tools.

Original review: March 2, 2016

My life insurance through USAA is a term policy for $250,000. I am 47 years old, in good health and pay $25.00 a month for this policy. This policy was easy to apply for and is great coverage for the price. I am very satisfied with this policy right now and have no desire to change. I would recommend life insurance through USAA if you are a member because they have great customer service and will work to get you the best prices.

Original review: March 1, 2016

I recently switched due to high premiums at Liberty Mutual, my previous provider. I was a 5+ year customer with them, but USAA was a better cost savings for me.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

It was easy to obtain with no doctor's visits. As I am still alive we have no experience cashing it in, but hope it will be a long time before my husband does.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Great experience and have had no issues with my insurance. I've always had great customer service and always notified of changes that were made on my account. I have recommended my insurance to quite a few people because I've never had a problem with it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

I like USAA. It is a good and reliable car insurance company. I have been a member for six years now and my payments are reasonable. My payments are also very affordable. I would recommend this company to all of my friends and coworkers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

They are there for service members and they offer a lot of different products like life insurance, auto insurance, financial help and much more. I've been with them for years now and they offer great products at a reasonable price.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

They are there when have questions and rates don't go up. I feel like they care about the people that have been with them for years. They also have been beneficial to the care so my family won't have to worry when I'm no longer here.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

USAA has fair prices and fantastic customer service. There was no hassle involved in applying for and getting life insurance from them. I think they are overall one of the finest financial institutions in America.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I don't know enough to rate them. No one in my family has died so I have not had to use it. My husband gets life insurance through his employer and I believe it is a very good rate, but I'm not even sure who it is through.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

USAA has helped our families across the nation who have sacrificed so much by serving in our military. USAA has been able to keep the cost down so military personnel or other family members can be comfortable knowing their loved ones will be taken care of even after they are gone. They offer low rates for other family members too just like other companies do. However I have not seen another company that offers as much as USAA. I sleep better at night knowing we have a policy in place that will help our family if the unexpected ever happens. We never like talking about death but in reality when you don't talk in the end this means you are not prepared for situations out of our control. That's why we are sticking with USAA BECAUSE THEY HAVE US PREPARED!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

It's a good company. I had no bad issues and have used them for years. They arranged for the nurse to come to our house for the physical, which was quick.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Low rates, fast service, great customer service, easy payment plans, has a bank, has investments available. Easy to use website, secure website.

USAA Life Company Information