USAA Life

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This bank USAA housed my personal retirement that was teacher retirement plan. I cashed out and had personally invested in my home state which were security certificates in my maiden name. The financial institution at USAA allowed my husband to change the ownership to his name, when I went to address the bank they told me I could not see my investments and they refused to talk to me in person and also told me I had to go through my then husband.

I really like the whole company of USAA. They don't fool around and they just get things done in a timely orderly fashion. I mean the other insurance companies really need to step their whole game up on this new millennium. Who knows maybe I will be a lifelong customer for them, more than likely.

Love USAA! I have had no problems whatsoever with any of my services there. They will work with you and guide you in the right direction for what you are looking for.

Very bad company. Constantly freezing my account access without any warning. My insurance was almost cancelled because I could not access my information. Had to call customer service at least 3 times to verify it was me that was using the account. Customer service was terrible.

Being a Veteran, it is important for me to know my loved ones will be protected when I pass. My agent was very knowledgeable and helped me choose the best policy for me and my family. My premium is reasonable and I know that my family will be able to cover my final expenses and have money left over. I have peace of mind knowing they won't have to worry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAA Life?

I have been a customer of USAA for over 5 years. They are a GREAT company. I have shopped around for quotes after purchasing an additional vehicle and was not satisfied with the results. I plan on being a customer of USAA for another 5 years or longer!

They have always been good to us and very reliable! Never done us wrong and are always respectful. Very great customer service and never had any issues. Always highly recommend them for their services.

We use USAA for all of our insurance needs. We trust that we will get the amount of insurance we need at a fair price. Customer service and adviser have always helpful.

We have had very little feedback with our life insurance company other than paying the monthly bill for the life insurance. We obviously hope that we don't have to use this anytime soon.

Great staff and caters to your needs. They have really gone out of their way to help me and my family. I have never had any issues and they even saved me a lot of money a couple of times. I am so blessed I found USAA.

I gave it the rating because their customer service is awful. I have never needed to file a claim through USAA and dread when I have to. Every time I call I get transferred around, I can hear people laughing and talking in the background. Don't ask them to call you back. They will not.

I trust the company and it is also have good reputation. Lots of positive comments too so I know it's worth it. They have a good customer service, good policies and they are willing to guide me always in all my concerns.

It is a great company with excellent customer service.

USAA life insurance was decently affordable. The life insurance policy was the cheapest without having to make too many sacrifices to my policy coverage. The only downside to USAA's life insurance regulations is that you have to be a member of the U.S. armed forces or a direct relative or spouse of such a member. If the applicant does qualify for the USAA life insurance policy, the applicant will noticeably see a lower price point compared to other more popular insurance companies.

They are easy to work with and answered my questions to my satisfaction. Prices were reasonable. I can call and talk to a real person with very little effort. Their website is well organized and easily navigated. I can't comment on the claims department as I have not needed their services.

I just bought it last year and I am happy so far. I have experienced no problems with USAA. I would recommend this company to anyone. The cost benefits is great.

I have been a customer of USAA for over 15 years and they have always provided great service. When filing claims, I have never had an issue and they offer extra services like free towing which I've used a few times and it's been a real life saver.

The rates are pretty good, the monthly payment are affordable but it is only term life. It is always easy to get in touch with a sales person and not a recording where you have to select a lot of options.

USAA is the best insurance company. They are very helpful and make sure you get the best customer service. They have awesome customer service representatives.

It has been nothing but spectacular. USAA and I have a long relationship on many different products and they all are top-notch. I have been able to call them and get whatever I need from them whether it be a claim, an adjustment of my policy and they are the best deal around and have the best service I have ever had in my life.

I have 2 different life insurance policies and both were really easy to obtain. I called up and spoke to someone about getting my policies. With one policy a short medical evaluation was needed. They sent a nurse to my home in order to do the medical portion of the policy. The cost of my policies are really low and paying them is easy since I have automatic deductions taken from my checking account.

It is a great company to be represented by. I didn't have to post much at all for car insurance. I do have over a 10 year good driving record so that could help but the customer service is excellent.

I have auto, homeowners and life insurance through my current company. It's easier this way because if I have any kind of question or concern I'm dealing with the same company. Also I have a discounted rate for using all three insurances that are offered.

Great customer service. They pay claims quickly and efficiently. They also have great rates and good discounts for various things. We also have our homeowner's insurance with them and are very satisfied.

It was simple to get, payments are automatically made out of my account. All of my financial dealings are made in one place, making it easier on my wife if anything was to happen to me or for me in the event of something happening to her. My lawyer and our children (who bank at USAA) are familiar with the bank and its management personnel, so they too will have help sorting things out if something happens to my wife and me.

I have had no interaction with my insurance company regarding my life insurance policy. I have made no claims. I simply pay my premiums on time and I receive periodic mail from the company regarding several additional insurance offers and articles regarding terms and suggestions regarding my life insurance policy.

My life insurance policy was very easy to sign up for. My husband and both got adequate coverage with little hassle. Fortunately for us, we haven't had to use it yet. From what I understand this company is fast and efficient.

They have the best agents available on the market today. If any problems arrive they are very quick to respond and correct any issues that you might encounter. Also they have a wide variety of products to choose from. They stand behind any product they offer. I think they are the best choice for myself or others.

No problems. I won't know until the time comes to use it... not too soon I hope. Only have a term policy. Ask my widow how the company treats her after I am gone.

Signing up for this policy was very easy. At the time I signed up I was happy with the coverage. However when I contacted this company to see what my options are in the future I was not completely Satisfied with the aid that I was given. The agent was not very helpful and did not seem to know enough about the product.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

USAA Life offers a variety of life insurance policies for active-duty, retired and discharged members of the military and their spouses, as well as a term life insurance plan for customers' children under the age of 17. Unlike other life insurance companies, USAA will pay benefits on a member's policy even if he or she is killed in war. Additionally, some USAA life insurance policies do not require a medical exam.

• Severe injury benefit: USAA Life offers all of its active members an exclusive benefit of $25,000 if they receive certain severe injuries while deployed or otherwise doing their military duty.
  • Fast-track insurance application: The company will expedite an application for military term life insurance to make sure that you have coverage before you deploy.
  • Free financial advice: USAA Life helps counsel your beneficiaries on their finances in the event of your death.
  • Initial insurance quote: The company provides an online form that lets you enter some basic personal information and, in turn, receive price quote estimates for both universal and term life insurance policies.
  • Online account access: The company lets you manage your account on a variety of devices, including laptops, mobile devices and iPads.

Compare Life Insurance Companies