4.6/5 (121 ratings)

About United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental Medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit. United Medicare Advisors’ service is completely free to users.

Pros

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

Cons

• Not available in every state

Bottom Line

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

Top United Medicare Advisors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

United Medical Advisors did an excellent job explaining all the options to me. They told me the different plans, prices, coverages, and how everything works. Their team was very p...

Verified

Jordan provided both my wife and I answers to all of our questions about Medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues...

What is United Medicare Advisors?

United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. Its representatives can also compare plans for you.

Explain your needs to one of United Medicare Advisors’ licensed agents, and they can recommend a match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 400,000 Medicare supplement policies since 2009.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

How much does United Medicare Advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisors website.
Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?
If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?

Yes, United Medicare Advisors is a reputable company offering legitimate services and insurance products. Its licensed agents can provide free, reliable advice as you navigate the confusing world of Medicare supplement insurance so that you can choose the best plans for your needs and budget. It’s worth browsing United Medicare Advisors’ offerings; the company makes it easy to compare options on its website.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: July 2, 2021

My Medicare supplement insurance was costing me an arm and a leg. I was getting tired of paying that much for it. I did United Medicare Advisors and my experience with them went very well. Their rep was very personable and he explained a few things to me that I didn't really understand when I first got my supplement. His explanations were very good.

He was asked me if I lived by myself and I explained to him that I've been living with somebody for 30 years. He quoted me some prices but he didn't make it clear that if my friend didn't go with Aetna, it would be more money. He didn't mention that there was a 14% discount if the other member of the household joins Aetna. That was the only problem I had. But that might have been me not hearing him. It was probably me not asking the right questions or him thinking I realized it. I get confused easily when it comes to this stuff.

Other than that, he was quite clear on everything else like how Plan F and Plan G work. I didn't realize that if a hospital or doctor took Medicare, they also had to do Plan F from whatever insurance company you had. In the end, the rep gave me a company that seemed to be the best one to go with. I am definitely going to save money.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The plan I have is very good. We signed up mid-February and they've taken the money out of my account but I haven't gotten any kind of a card for my dental, vision, and hearing. I have been trying to get ahold of United Medicare Advisors but I can't get a callback. I'm back and forth and I may have not heard a call. I've left 3 messages and I've asked them to leave me a message when's a good time to call but I haven't had a message saying we can talk. Now it's a problem because we're in a hotel intermittently because we're building a house. My mail's being forwarded but I won't get it for two months so I'm kind of screwed.

The person we dealt with was lovely. He helped me with a lot of stuff. Perhaps, he's on vacation and didn't put it on his voicemail, and nobody's checking his messages. Up until then, they were great. Everything came through. The coverage began and we had Medicare Part D come through. We're getting prescriptions. I did have questions on how to use the gap coverage, the part N and part G. That was one of the things I wanted to talk to them about. I don't understand that piece of it. I wasn't sure how it initiated, how it knows to pick the other 20%.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

My Medicare Part A and Part B were cancelled by Social Security in error. When I applied for the Medigap, the agent had to cancel. When I contacted Social Security, the first representative who took my case told me that it should be resolved on January 4th. But then, afterward, I kept calling and there was no response to it. It was just a lot of cost to try to get it resolved. This agent advised me to call and ask to speak with a supervisor, which I did.

I still couldn't get Social Security. He kept his word in saying, "I will follow up on a certain date." So, he did. He called me and told me again, "Don't give up. Just keep calling if they haven't responded." I called again and finally, I got the supervisor to call me back. The following Monday, I made the case. I told her, "This is urgent. For this new pandemic, I cannot afford not being able to slip back to Part A." Social Security was allowed to have 15 days to process the case. It was already over 15 days, by that time, it was about 20 days. Just the past Monday, I got it approved. The guy was going to call me on Monday. But I called him back. He kept his word in calling me back, that was the first thing. Second, he gave me wise advice as to how to push to get the problem solved. He was very nice in saying, "Don't worry, we'll get this resolved." So, that was really good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I needed to enroll in Medicaid. I was flipping through the internet and put my name and phone number. In the next 30 seconds, I got a call from Niles. He was informative. These are difficult choices that you have to make and he went through them with me. He answered my questions even if they would seem to be on the goofy or dumb side. He would stop in the middle of an explanation and let me ask a question. That's where I felt like I was a human being. I was having problems getting this all done and he was very helpful.

I was trying to get on Medicare. Once I told them that I was not on Medicaid yet, they would say, “Call me back when you get it,” and that was the end of the conversation. Niles did not treat me that way. He got me through the ones that I needed and I signed up. He directed me and gave me the numbers in order to get on Medicaid. I called him because the number he gave me for my local SSA wasn't working. He called me back. He was having the same problem and he gave me another number.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

April from United Medicare Advisors did a good job presenting all the policies. It was very thorough. She took her time and she was very patient with me. She ran 10 options and I took out a policy that was the best and fit for me. The payments are coming directly out of my check. I have to see if I can manage to pay all my bills and have that, too. She put a maximum and minimum of what I'm paying but even with that, it's a stretch for me.

I'm retired and I'm not working right now because of the pandemic. I took out a policy to make sure I'm covered while I continue my search for something that's cheaper. But I most likely will go back to work very shortly and I can continue to keep this. And it's the one I would like to keep. It was very appropriate for what I'm going through right now. Also, April gave me a card and I could follow up. She said if anything better came along in the future, with the new administration coming in, there may be some changes that would benefit me. I could contact her or she would be reaching out to me, so that's good.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I was skeptical to work with United Medicare Advisors in the beginning. But after a little while, it was rather nice having somebody that knows the ins and outs and up and down of all the plans. The rep already had quite a bit of information and after talking with him for a little while, I was well convinced he is what he said he was. I researched the plan well and from all the indications, it seemed like I got a good deal. I only wish they could have had the drug plan all in one building where you could talk to everybody at one time instead of having to go somewhere else for it. I talked to them about the drug plan and they told me that there was somebody that they work with. They would give me a number or they would get them to call me. That's a little bit of a letdown. We got through everything else then there was something else different for the drug plan.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Anthony from United Medicare Advisors helped me and he did a really good job. I was going to go with something else but after speaking with him, he convinced me that was the way to go.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I worked with Damon **. He helped me with figuring out what I needed seeing I'm new to Medicare. We came up with Manhattan Life which seems to be a good fit for me. I would like to thank him for all his help and the follow-up phone call to see how things are going. Hope to talk to him again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

A rep asked me some questions on what I was looking for and he took the time to look at the plans that would fit me best in his views. The one he selected seems to be a good plan. Give United Medicare a try.

Original review: July 13, 2021

We had an idea about what our options were but United's rep explained it better. Their team was really good and they gave us lots of options.

Original review: July 12, 2021

United gave me options which were very substantial and from when I first contacted them, the whole process took several months. I worked with Jonathan and he was very informative and very friendly. He was also very helpful in guiding me as to what I needed to do. At the time, I didn't have Medicare Part B and I later found out why I didn't have Medicare Part B. He gave me a bunch of numbers that I could call to straighten that out and told me that when I got that all together, I could call back, which was what what I did. He never bothered me until I was ready and I was the one that reached out to him again. He responded to my questions and I never felt any pressure from him. I felt very comfortable and I trusted him. He was very easy to contact, too. He gave me his email address and I had his phone number.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The rep helped me in all the questions that I wanted to have answered. He gave me all the options and showed me what each one did. I'm satisfied with the recommendations he gave. I still got to do the prescription drug. I'm still waiting on my card. Once I get that, I can call the rep and give him that information. But for the most part, I'm pretty well done.

Original review: July 10, 2021

The rep did a good job. I can't imagine making the process work better. It was pretty smooth.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The rep walked me through all of the different options, comparing and contrasting the C, D, E, F, G, L, M, N, O, P, and what I would get with one that I wouldn't get with another. He priced out five companies with each of the three options that we narrowed it down to, the C, G, and N. And I made my decision from that. He made it easy to understand. Everyone I've spoken to has been very professional and thorough.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Their agent was nice and polite but he did not explain to me in detail the benefits part of it. When he said $2,000, he didn't explain that this 2,000 is for all three coverages. When the lady today explained that to me, I was so disappointed. I had canceled all my other insurances with the other companies that I originally had where I was getting 2,000 alone for my dental.

United Medicare Advisors response

We're so sorry about the misunderstanding, Victorine. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can certainly look for another option. We'll alert your agent so they can reach out to you.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I've always had Medicare supplemental insurance but I decided to look and see if maybe I could get it cheaper. United Medicare Advisors guided me very well and I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish. I spoke with their guy and he was excellent. My husband and I took out one supplement. I then took out another one for dentist and eye care. I changed to Aetna but they wouldn't accept my husband.

Original review: July 6, 2021

My rep, Meredith, was talking to my wife and decided that Plan D wouldn't be good. My experience with Meredith has been excellent. United Medicare said that the G is the best plan to go with.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The rates on my supplemental insurance kept going up every year on my birthday. It was time to do some comparison and see if I could get something similar with a better premium. United Medicare Advisors was really good about listening to what I wanted, which was to get the same coverage but with a lower premium. They found two and I chose one over the other because of who they were. I had had an experience with Aetna in the past and was happy with them.

I really liked the rep that I had and he answered all my questions. I had to call back one time and he returned my call, which is really important. I was pretty happy. We did have a little confusion with the follow-up with Aetna. The rep told me that I was probably going to get a call from them for a phone interview. We got a phone call and they left a message. But when I read the message, it was for my husband. That got squared away yesterday. Overall, I had a good experience all the way around.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I'm about to turn 65 and I'll be on Medicare. I didn't want to have all of that out-of-pocket. United made getting a Medicare plan very easy for me. Their rep was great. Another guy gave me a phone number and said that was the number to call. The people would really help me through the process. I went with all their recommendations. I also told several people about United Medicare.

Original review: July 3, 2021

United Medicare Advisors gave me some good information. I spoke to a gentleman about receiving Medicare and he gave me a company. At one point, I had one company in mind and we concentrated on that company because that's the one that I was more concerned about. United Medicare did a step-by-step thing. I had a list of questions and the gentleman answered all of them. I asked about the comparison between Medicare gap and another one that's a lot cheaper. I chose the one that would pay 100% of my bills. United Medicare Advisors is well and knowledgeable about Medicare.

Original review: July 1, 2021

United Medicare Advisors gave me the price of coverages and what they all covered. They provided me with enough options.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I went with one of United Medicare Advisors' recommended plans and their customer service was fine. It's just I still haven't received all the paperwork. But I did find out some things that I didn't know about and I got a plan that is very similar to the one I had before and it is for about $100 a month less. I'm pleased so far.

Original review: June 27, 2021

United Medicare Advisors compared the one that I had to the ones that were available in my area and found the cheapest one. The rep gave us all the information we needed.

Original review: June 17, 2021

The reps from United Medicare Advisors were very understanding of what I knew and didn't know, and was able to help me based upon that knowledge. They guided me very well.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I dealt with James and he seemed pretty straightforward. He took me through United Medicare. I’m kinda glad I got that taken care of.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I had been talking to a local group and they helped me find out that the "O" on my Medicare number wasn't a zero. It looked like a 90 and it was a 9O. At the time, I could not log on to Medicare and I kept hitting 90. They were very helpful and then they sent a letter asking me to fill out a questionnaire to be their client. I was very confused, so I was talking to my friend about this. And she said that there are some good people at United Medical Advisors and so far, I'm glad I went with them. I had a good talk with Scott. We found lots of common ground and I appreciated that. I was very overwhelmed with how well it worked out and I've been giving Scott's number and name to a couple men who are turning 65 in December.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I turned 65 last month, and I had signed up for Medicare. Then I went through United Medicare Advisors for my coverage. They were pretty informative. I was satisfied.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I just signed up with United Medicare Advisors. It took maybe 40 minutes after I got all the insurance and they got my information on what type of insurance I can join. They're supposed to be helping me out through most that I couldn't do on my own. I got M Insurance. I got another type of insurance that takes care of hospital bills. It was some good advice that their rep had given. They seemed like they were honest. I feel like they gave me a lot of options.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We were very comfortable with the rep from United Medicare Advisors. She answered a lot of questions that we had and made us feel comfortable.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Spoke to Ryan **. He was a rude, arrogant and NOT helpful at ALL!!!! Called another company. Was super helpful and switched my insurance. Stay away from this rude person. It's a shame this company has a long list of agents. Hopefully they are not all as rude or terrible sales people

United Medicare Advisors response

Stephen, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're so sorry about the poor experience and we will address this with the agent. We're happy to hear you got the health coverage you needed.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information