Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.36/5

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit.

BOTTOM LINE

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

PROS

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

CONS

• Not available in every state
United Medicare Advisors Call Now Toll Free (855) 534-7192 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

United Medicare Advisors review

It’s no secret that Medicare can be confusing. United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. The company’s representatives can compare as many as 30 or 40 plans for you. Explain your needs to one of UMA’s licensed agents, and they can recommend a best-fit match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research and headaches.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 100,000 Medicare Supplement policies since 2008.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?
Yes. United Medicare advisors is a legitimate online insurance marketplace.
How much does United Medicare advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisor website.

Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?

If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: July 19, 2020

The rep of United Medicare was wonderful. I was absolutely clueless as to what we were doing. She just took me by the hand and led me step-by-step. She went over the options and the rates and what each one covered. She steered me away from the one that can get more expensive every year. There was Medigap and then there was another one. She told me the difference between the two, because my mother-in-law had told me that for Medicare part B or C or D, was running her just a whole lot every month. The rep told me it's because she probably got railroaded into picking the wrong one and it goes up every year. So the rep showed me the difference between all the different plans. She let me make my own decision, but she made it easier to do it.

I had not a clue what I was doing. I was so nervous and I figured I'd really sound stupid, but she never treated me stupid at all. She just guided me right through so easily. I was totally in the dark on this and really afraid. I didn't know even where to make the first move. She also told me that I'd go to the Social Security office to get things squared away. She just made my life so much more pleasant. By the time I got off the phone, I was smiling again.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I was looking for information about Medicare, and then my phone started ringing. A couple of people called and said, "Do you have questions about Medicare?" I said, "This isn't a good time. Call me back tomorrow.” Only one called me, and that was the guy back from United Medicare. I felt very good. I've said, from the initial conversation, "Who's paying for you?" He said, "You're not paying us anything. We are independent brokers and we will analyze what we think is best for your area. We're licensed to do business in your state." So, I said, "Okay, then let's talk." He was very informative. He gave me a lot of information for me to process. He did a very good job.

The only comment I would make was that because I had to do everything very quickly, I was not aware that I had to apply for Medicare Part B through social security. It wasn't until way toward the end of our conversation when I had already signed up for a supplement that I found out I had to do that. I could have done that way before if I'd known, but we didn't discuss that per se. He was more interested in what I was gonna to do to supplement the B, not that I hadn't applied for B.

Original review: July 14, 2020

My Medicare keeps going up and up. Last year, I finally consulted through my credit union and an advisor and we tried to change my policy that we had had with United Healthcare for years, and just to change it from F to G. They would not approve us to do that, even though it was the current policy. So I decided this year, I would start early and pay a lot more attention and just wanted to see some prices out there. I saw this pop up someplace. So, I filled out a request for a quote and one of the agents of United Medicare called me. We could get a G policy with them and the pricing was not quite half, but it was a considerable savings. I was very satisfied. The advisor was very helpful.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The rep from United Medicare Advisors was very nice and helpful. However, I didn't understand that she was signing us up because it wasn't during my signup period. We were signed up before July 1st. When I called Aetna to cancel, they were kind of shocked but they said it does happen that people are signed up without their knowledge. But it was just a misunderstanding. The rep from United made contact with me and explained the whole thing. I really did appreciate that. She just wanted to lock me in at a good price and I didn't realize that I had to actually register to do that. I understand now but it should be made more clear how that process works to the customer they're dealing with, that they are gonna go ahead and sign up. I just thought she was getting all our information to get ready to sign us up.

I ran numbers for over a month trying to figure out which would be the right fit for us expense-wise. I don't really care for Express Scripts, but I called them. They have their own plan too. I talked to that guy and one of my medications was gonna cost $300 something for three months. We are paying $110 for three months right now. But we'll go over to this Medicare plan that I suppose State University has. We’ll only pay $150. It's a little bit more, but not that much more. We decided to go with a plan that my husband's employer has because it has better drug coverage. It has a $1,500 dollar out-of-pocket, and it'll play 100% after that. It's not quite a Medicare D plan, which I really like. It's because of the drugs that I have to take that it would’ve been way too expensive.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I'll be Medicare eligible in September and I needed to start looking for a Medicare supplement insurance. I did a search online and just a few minutes later United Medicare Advisors called me. Mary was the one who helped me. She was on the phone for close to two hours explaining all my options, giving me price, what this one and that one did, and it was very easy. Most plans are similar, but it's up to the individual company as to what they want to charge for that plan. Based on the fact that I'm fairly healthy and I don't go to the doctor very often, the consideration was mostly the cost.

The couple of people that I've talked to have been very helpful and nice. I was supposed to hear back from another company called SmartMatch regarding the prescription plan. I left voicemail messages six days in a row and never heard back from anybody so I ended up having to go out on my own to get my part D. Other than that, the experience has been very painless. It was very positive all the way around. Everything that has to do with the supplement plan and a couple of the questions I had after I signed up have been answered.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

We’ve used United Medicare Advisors the last 2 years, but cannot get a callback this year. Contacted them on their website on 10/22, and called on 112 and 11/9; contact promised within 24 to 48 hours. None happened.

United Medicare Advisors response

James, thank you for your feedback. We see that you were able to connect with agent Kayla Sheets. If you have any questions in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team at 855-538-2998.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Joseph ** was great and patient with me and my husband Rex. He went over everything in detail with us and we are very happy so far. We have not used any benefits- they are starting next month. So I will be able to give you more information then. Have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Madeline **, was very informed and helped describe the Aetna Plan G in such a way that it was very easy for me to understand. I After I completed my enrollment I did have a couple of questions. If Madeline was not available I left messages for her and she quickly called me back. She was able to answer my questions and put my mind at easy. I recommend Madeline to anyone seeking a Medigap Plan G or just wanting information. Thank you Madeline.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I am so glad to have had the experience I did with Jaimie at United Healthcare Advisors. She explained everything thoroughly, and there was absolutely ZERO pressure. She let me take the time to think about my options, and she even answered questions about other offers I had received in the mail!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Emily ** was great to work with although the rate she quoted for a different plan for me was much higher than her quote. My account was charged more than $25 more than her quote for the different plan. I left a message for her several days ago and have not had a return call. I would like to get this resolved ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I would like to say that Craig ** is the best!! He took care of all my questions and needs through my Medicare enrollment experience. He is kind, professional and very knowledgeable. I have already given his business cards to my friends. He is my go to man! You’re very lucky to have him representing your company.???

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I was paying too much for my drug plan and called your company. The advisor not only said she could get me a cheaper drug plan but she also said she could lower my insurance premium which was $227/month from United Healthcare down to $185/month with Accendo/CVS Health. Done. I look forward in mid-October for the change in premium for my drug plan.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The subject line pretty much says it all. I feel as if I bought a car from a dealer who seemed remarkably helpful in the beginning; that is, until I made my payment. With no intent to malign anyone, something the last agent I spoke to said to me put things in a nutshell - paraphrased, "once we have you signed on, you are on your own." That essentially explained to me why I couldn't make contact with the agent who got me started. It's not as if I speak to him frequently... Haven't done so since the beginning of the month, which is fine since I bother no one unless I have to, but I did need help within the last week and couldn't get connected, which I interpreted/misinterpreted as intentional. However, I did and am following the advice that I received from the other agent. I am taking care of the business on my own... A little more of a headache, but it is getting done.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Christopher ** was very informative and gave us all the information needed to make the decisions for our coverage going forward with Medicare. He took the time to answer all our questions as we have very different situations that need insurance coverage. He was polite and very patient. There was no pressure on us and we were not rushed in any way. Working with him was a very good experience. We received all the information promised when promised. We both highly recommend Mr. **.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Sales representative was thorough with good explanation. Difficult follow-up when card did not arrive in mail in timely fashion, but call to the main office with good explanation corrected the problem.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I am satisfied with the service I received. I am have trouble with contacting Smart Match Insurance Solutions, which I believe will provide my prescription coverage. A representative named Molly left a call back number, but not all of the numbers were understandable in her message. When I call the number from their website, I have been disconnected before speaking to someone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Bryan was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would give him 10 stars. He was patient with me and gave me all the options (and more) regarding the supplemental insurance. I appreciate his help and hope he will be available in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Scott ** was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, professional, organized and patient. Scott was able to organize the conversation and systematically, step by step, walk through traditional Medicare, supplemental coverage (for what Medicare does not cover), drug coverage (based on your specific needs) and even coverage for personal expenses, in case of a catastrophic health diagnosis of cancer, stroke or heart attack. Scott's approach answered all my questions and I always felt comfortable, informed and confident in my options and consequent decisions and we moved through each topic. Thank you Scott, for turning this ominous, dreaded and confusing topic into a positive experience!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Alex, the agent that helped me, was very knowledgeable about the best product for me and gave me advice me about the products available. In no time at all I made the choices I wanted. I had been worried about doing this online but everything went smoothly because of the agent. He was great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I worked with Jody **. She was prompt, efficient, & friendly. She answered what I asked and was quite knowledgeable. The information allowed me to pick the most appropriate company. When I didn’t hear from a part D representative I called her and someone called within days.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I now know why United Medicare Advisors have a five star rating, with agents like Dylan ** you can`t go wrong. I have referred two of my friends who will be turning 65 with Dylan`s number. Thank you United Medicare Advisors.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

My agent, James ** did not let me know that Aetna was asking for more documentation. As a result, they canceled my application. He was never available and never returned my call after leaving messages asking him to do so.

United Medicare Advisors response

Janice, thank you for leaving a review. We take every customer experience seriously whether positive or negative. We confirmed that you did speak with the agent this week and that you have been able to resolve the application issue directly with the carrier.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I came to our conversation about insurance with LOTS of prepared questions. The agent patiently covered all my questions and raised ones I had not considered. It was a very satisfying process, and in the end I feel good that my choices are tailored to my needs and circumstances.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Being entirely new to the Medicare process, I contacted UMA based on the glowing reviews posted online by Consumer Affairs. Very professional staff. Excellent follow up by phone and email. I would definitely recommend this company to friends exploring their healthcare options.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I need more info. 90% of the times can not get the same rep. to talk with. I need more Information about Aetna. What do they carry with RX drugs and their co-pay. Called 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for a call back.

United Medicare Advisors response

Ms. Johnson, thank you for your review and for allowing us to assist you. If you have any questions please contact our customer care team at 855-538-2998.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My new policy started September 1. AETNA has already debited my account 2 payments in 3 weeks! No wonder why they require policyholders to set up auto pay!! That and the fact that their Customer Service is terrible! Month 1 - NOT HAPPY!

United Medicare Advisors response

Cynthia, We are sorry that we were not able to reach you. We spoke to your carrier who confirmed that they have reviewed the payment situation with you. If you need any further assistance please contact our customer care team at 855-538-2998.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My experience was great, very easy to talk too and trust means a lot. This year my husband and I had Taylor **. She followed through with everything she told us she would do. Most seniors don’t understand Medicare. All your advisors that I have had have been awesome.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Well I always thought Medicare was for old people and it is a confusing maze for me- you have made it into a more simple thing to understand what it is - My only concern now is I wanted to add the drug prescription onto my plan- I am not sure if I hung up on someone who called or if they represented another company--? I could not understand them because they could not speak English clear enough for me to understand! Please have someone contact me for this.. Thursday 9/24/20 will not be a good day as I will be in a meeting all day, Thanks. Jay.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Madeline ** helped me to find the better Medicare Supplement N & Dental Vision Hearing from Aetna with reasonable premiums. Thanks so much Madeline for good services. I will recommend to my friends for your service if they need one. Tim

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Marcus ** I contacted him to ask questions about Medicare gap insurance. He was very helpful with my husband needs so I gave him a call. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful to me in my problem.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information