3.78/5

United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit.

BOTTOM LINE

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

PROS

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

CONS

• Not available in every state

United Medicare Advisors review

It’s no secret that Medicare can be confusing. United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. The company’s representatives can compare as many as 30 or 40 plans for you. Explain your needs to one of UMA’s licensed agents, and they can recommend a best-fit match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research and headaches.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 100,000 Medicare Supplement policies since 2008.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?
Yes. United Medicare advisors is a legitimate online insurance marketplace.
How much does United Medicare advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisor website.

Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?

If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

The company don't have a website for HMO SNP plan which makes it hard to get any information we may need. Every time I have questions I need to call. They have good customer service but a website is very much needed.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have Plan F which covers all of my costs as long as it’s approved by Medicare and they pay at least a penny. This is great but they don’t offer any of the so called “perks” of the advantage plans like dental or eye care. Overall I may pay a little more out of pocket, but my costs remain flat & I can budget for the dentist and eye doctor.

Get expert buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

The coverage under a plan level that we chose is excellent. A catastrophic surgery in 2015 was completely covered for both hospital and several doctors who billed. The policy offers wellness visits that attribute to a more healthier person is several I take advantage of. I have never had any billing or coverage issues, which is important at times of serious illness.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I am a travel nurse. I like the passport services United (AARP) has so I am covered at any place... I think the copay too high but it’s still less hassle. The customer service center is very good... actually talk to a human... short on hold wait times.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

When I first signed up; several years ago, they were not very interested in my concerns; they have changed policies and listen patiently and executing solutions well. Still takes a while to get in to a referred specialist unfortunately. Overall, better!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Although I have found United's insurance policy to be adequate, I have encountered several customer service issues plus my physicians have complained multiple times about the authorization process United puts them through.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

United Health Care coverage is spotty and we have had to appeal some of their decisions relative to pay or not paying. The agents who answer on the customer service lines are, for the most part, courteous but almost without exception give different answers to the same questions. The billing department is atrocious. The dates they send invoices with arrival dates that make it impossible to get the check back to them in a timely manner. The result is a constant showing of past due. It is a bookkeeping issue but it is very frustrating. I rate the value of the policy low because they have eliminated the dental care requiring the policy holder to pay extra for very basic coverage. Vision care is also skimpy at best. Hearing aids are not covered and for seniors that is a problem.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This company delivers excellent service with great courteous staff. They pay the claims timely according to your benefits. They stand behind their product! Much easier to deal with than the other BCBS brand.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information