4.5/5 (73 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental Medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit. United Medicare Advisors’ service is completely free to users.

Pros

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

Cons

• Not available in every state

Bottom Line

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

Top United Medicare Advisors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

United Medical Advisors did an excellent job explaining all the options to me. They told me the different plans, prices, coverages, and how everything works. Their team was very p...

Verified

Jordan provided both my wife and I answers to all of our questions about Medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues...

What is United Medicare Advisors?

United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. Its representatives can also compare plans for you.

Explain your needs to one of United Medicare Advisors’ licensed agents, and they can recommend a match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 400,000 Medicare supplement policies since 2009.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

How much does United Medicare Advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisors website.
Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?
If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?

Yes, United Medicare Advisors is a reputable company offering legitimate services and insurance products. Its licensed agents can provide free, reliable advice as you navigate the confusing world of Medicare supplement insurance so that you can choose the best plans for your needs and budget. It’s worth browsing United Medicare Advisors’ offerings; the company makes it easy to compare options on its website.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I was skeptical to work with United Medicare Advisors in the beginning. But after a little while, it was rather nice having somebody that knows the ins and outs and up and down of all the plans. The rep already had quite a bit of information and after talking with him for a little while, I was well convinced he is what he said he was. I researched the plan well and from all the indications, it seemed like I got a good deal. I only wish they could have had the drug plan all in one building where you could talk to everybody at one time instead of having to go somewhere else for it. I talked to them about the drug plan and they told me that there was somebody that they work with. They would give me a number or they would get them to call me. That's a little bit of a letdown. We got through everything else then there was something else different for the drug plan.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The rates on my supplemental insurance kept going up every year on my birthday. It was time to do some comparison and see if I could get something similar with a better premium. United Medicare Advisors was really good about listening to what I wanted, which was to get the same coverage but with a lower premium. They found two and I chose one over the other because of who they were. I had had an experience with Aetna in the past and was happy with them.

I really liked the rep that I had and he answered all my questions. I had to call back one time and he returned my call, which is really important. I was pretty happy. We did have a little confusion with the follow-up with Aetna. The rep told me that I was probably going to get a call from them for a phone interview. We got a phone call and they left a message. But when I read the message, it was for my husband. That got squared away yesterday. Overall, I had a good experience all the way around.

Original review: July 2, 2021

My Medicare supplement insurance was costing me an arm and a leg. I was getting tired of paying that much for it. I did United Medicare Advisors and my experience with them went very well. Their rep was very personable and he explained a few things to me that I didn't really understand when I first got my supplement. His explanations were very good.

He was asked me if I lived by myself and I explained to him that I've been living with somebody for 30 years. He quoted me some prices but he didn't make it clear that if my friend didn't go with Aetna, it would be more money. He didn't mention that there was a 14% discount if the other member of the household joins Aetna. That was the only problem I had. But that might have been me not hearing him. It was probably me not asking the right questions or him thinking I realized it. I get confused easily when it comes to this stuff.

Other than that, he was quite clear on everything else like how Plan F and Plan G work. I didn't realize that if a hospital or doctor took Medicare, they also had to do Plan F from whatever insurance company you had. In the end, the rep gave me a company that seemed to be the best one to go with. I am definitely going to save money.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The plan I have is very good. We signed up mid-February and they've taken the money out of my account but I haven't gotten any kind of a card for my dental, vision, and hearing. I have been trying to get ahold of United Medicare Advisors but I can't get a callback. I'm back and forth and I may have not heard a call. I've left 3 messages and I've asked them to leave me a message when's a good time to call but I haven't had a message saying we can talk. Now it's a problem because we're in a hotel intermittently because we're building a house. My mail's being forwarded but I won't get it for two months so I'm kind of screwed.

The person we dealt with was lovely. He helped me with a lot of stuff. Perhaps, he's on vacation and didn't put it on his voicemail, and nobody's checking his messages. Up until then, they were great. Everything came through. The coverage began and we had Medicare Part D come through. We're getting prescriptions. I did have questions on how to use the gap coverage, the part N and part G. That was one of the things I wanted to talk to them about. I don't understand that piece of it. I wasn't sure how it initiated, how it knows to pick the other 20%.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm happy with United Medicare Advisors. I wanted to cover all my expenses. I've been with United Medicare Advisors for more than 25 years. I was looking to make sure that I had everything, except maybe my deductible, met and it would cover me. I don’t wanna have to worry. As a matter of fact, when my brother needed supplemental, I recommended him to United Medicare Advisors, and he was very happy with them.

The people from United Medicare Advisors were very nice. They explained that there were different kinds of programs, and then I told them that I wanted something that would cover me as completely as I could be covered. I live down here and my children are up north. I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to bother with them, and I would have good coverage and they would know that I was taken care of. I have regular Medicare, the United supplemental and now, I picked up the Part D for the drugs. United Medicare is very competent, and they assured me that if I had any questions, I don't have to hesitate to call them. They left me a number that I could call.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

United Medicare Advisors is a marketing front that routinely spams people (with no option to unsubscribe) even if they haven’t asked for the information. Would you trust a scam company like UMA?! I certainly wouldn’t and have filed an FTC complaint.

United Medicare Advisors response

Paul, we're terribly sorry about the issue and want to help. We reach out to help customers learn about and enroll in Medicare-based health plans. We understand you do not want to be contacted by our agency. We will reach out privately to get your information so we can remove it from our marketing efforts. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Anthony from United Medicare Advisors helped me and he did a really good job. I was going to go with something else but after speaking with him, he convinced me that was the way to go.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I worked with Damon **. He helped me with figuring out what I needed seeing I'm new to Medicare. We came up with Manhattan Life which seems to be a good fit for me. I would like to thank him for all his help and the follow-up phone call to see how things are going. Hope to talk to him again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

A rep asked me some questions on what I was looking for and he took the time to look at the plans that would fit me best in his views. The one he selected seems to be a good plan. Give United Medicare a try.

Original review: July 13, 2021

We had an idea about what our options were but United's rep explained it better. Their team was really good and they gave us lots of options.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information