Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit.

BOTTOM LINE

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

PROS

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

CONS

• Not available in every state
United Medicare Advisors Call Now Toll Free (855) 534-7192 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

United Medicare Advisors review

It’s no secret that Medicare can be confusing. United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. The company’s representatives can compare as many as 30 or 40 plans for you. Explain your needs to one of UMA’s licensed agents, and they can recommend a best-fit match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research and headaches.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 100,000 Medicare Supplement policies since 2008.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?
Yes. United Medicare advisors is a legitimate online insurance marketplace.
How much does United Medicare advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisor website.

Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?

If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: July 19, 2020

The rep of United Medicare was wonderful. I was absolutely clueless as to what we were doing. She just took me by the hand and led me step-by-step. She went over the options and the rates and what each one covered. She steered me away from the one that can get more expensive every year. There was Medigap and then there was another one. She told me the difference between the two, because my mother-in-law had told me that for Medicare part B or C or D, was running her just a whole lot every month. The rep told me it's because she probably got railroaded into picking the wrong one and it goes up every year. So the rep showed me the difference between all the different plans. She let me make my own decision, but she made it easier to do it.

I had not a clue what I was doing. I was so nervous and I figured I'd really sound stupid, but she never treated me stupid at all. She just guided me right through so easily. I was totally in the dark on this and really afraid. I didn't know even where to make the first move. She also told me that I'd go to the Social Security office to get things squared away. She just made my life so much more pleasant. By the time I got off the phone, I was smiling again.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I was looking for information about Medicare, and then my phone started ringing. A couple of people called and said, "Do you have questions about Medicare?" I said, "This isn't a good time. Call me back tomorrow.” Only one called me, and that was the guy back from United Medicare. I felt very good. I've said, from the initial conversation, "Who's paying for you?" He said, "You're not paying us anything. We are independent brokers and we will analyze what we think is best for your area. We're licensed to do business in your state." So, I said, "Okay, then let's talk." He was very informative. He gave me a lot of information for me to process. He did a very good job.

The only comment I would make was that because I had to do everything very quickly, I was not aware that I had to apply for Medicare Part B through social security. It wasn't until way toward the end of our conversation when I had already signed up for a supplement that I found out I had to do that. I could have done that way before if I'd known, but we didn't discuss that per se. He was more interested in what I was gonna to do to supplement the B, not that I hadn't applied for B.

Original review: July 14, 2020

My Medicare keeps going up and up. Last year, I finally consulted through my credit union and an advisor and we tried to change my policy that we had had with United Healthcare for years, and just to change it from F to G. They would not approve us to do that, even though it was the current policy. So I decided this year, I would start early and pay a lot more attention and just wanted to see some prices out there. I saw this pop up someplace. So, I filled out a request for a quote and one of the agents of United Medicare called me. We could get a G policy with them and the pricing was not quite half, but it was a considerable savings. I was very satisfied. The advisor was very helpful.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The rep from United Medicare Advisors was very nice and helpful. However, I didn't understand that she was signing us up because it wasn't during my signup period. We were signed up before July 1st. When I called Aetna to cancel, they were kind of shocked but they said it does happen that people are signed up without their knowledge. But it was just a misunderstanding. The rep from United made contact with me and explained the whole thing. I really did appreciate that. She just wanted to lock me in at a good price and I didn't realize that I had to actually register to do that. I understand now but it should be made more clear how that process works to the customer they're dealing with, that they are gonna go ahead and sign up. I just thought she was getting all our information to get ready to sign us up.

I ran numbers for over a month trying to figure out which would be the right fit for us expense-wise. I don't really care for Express Scripts, but I called them. They have their own plan too. I talked to that guy and one of my medications was gonna cost $300 something for three months. We are paying $110 for three months right now. But we'll go over to this Medicare plan that I suppose State University has. We’ll only pay $150. It's a little bit more, but not that much more. We decided to go with a plan that my husband's employer has because it has better drug coverage. It has a $1,500 dollar out-of-pocket, and it'll play 100% after that. It's not quite a Medicare D plan, which I really like. It's because of the drugs that I have to take that it would’ve been way too expensive.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I'll be Medicare eligible in September and I needed to start looking for a Medicare supplement insurance. I did a search online and just a few minutes later United Medicare Advisors called me. Mary was the one who helped me. She was on the phone for close to two hours explaining all my options, giving me price, what this one and that one did, and it was very easy. Most plans are similar, but it's up to the individual company as to what they want to charge for that plan. Based on the fact that I'm fairly healthy and I don't go to the doctor very often, the consideration was mostly the cost.

The couple of people that I've talked to have been very helpful and nice. I was supposed to hear back from another company called SmartMatch regarding the prescription plan. I left voicemail messages six days in a row and never heard back from anybody so I ended up having to go out on my own to get my part D. Other than that, the experience has been very painless. It was very positive all the way around. Everything that has to do with the supplement plan and a couple of the questions I had after I signed up have been answered.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

United Medicare Advisors called me and their service was good. I was looking for a lower priced supplemental insurance and I went with their recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I was looking for a Medigap company to supplement Medicare. The agent that I had, Skyler, was very good. She was very thorough. We went over a lot of different scenarios and she was very patient. She assured me that this was for what my needs were with the health issues that I have, and we decided that we would go with the coverage that they were offering. They were awesome. Initially, I've got all the confidence in the world that they're gonna come through with what they said they would with the coverage I'll be having with them and the Medicare and Medicaid. I'm covered at 100%.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

They were able to explain the different options of the supplements and what we would need to go along with Medicare Part B. They were very helpful.

Original review: July 25, 2020

The reps at United Medicare Advisors were straightforward and upfront. The process seemed like it was long, but it was by telephone. It was a lot of paperwork and back and forth but it wasn't unreasonable. It really wasn't too bad, looking back on it.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I turned 65. So, I went to Medicare, and then I needed the supplemental insurance. I went with United Medicare Advisors. The rep did a very good job. I was really happy with dealing with her. She got me more than one quote together, and then she explained the differences in each company and why she had recommended those particular companies. She was great. I was happy with the options, too. I have no problem recommending United Medicare Advisors.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I told the rep from United Medicare Advisors what I wanted and he got the cheapest price for that. He gave me the plans and which ones were money-wise. He was wonderful.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I searched for Medicare supplemental insurance because the price of my old policy was high compared to some of the new ones. United Medicare did a good job of explaining everything. The first question I asked the rep and the only one I really wasn't sure about was whether they have a policy G and that was yes. He also gave me several options, which I wasn't interested in. I even told him right up front, "No. I don't want any of the other options. That's the policy I want." My overall experience was excellent.

Original review: July 16, 2020

United Medicare was awesome. The rep guided me through everything. She told me what I needed, what I had to do and let me choose what I wanted and hooked me up. She even sent everything in to all of these places. She got a response from them and got hooked up. It was so easy and it was perfect. Everything was done and I really didn't have to lift a finger.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Our experience with United Medicare went great. Zac walked me through it and we got enrolled. The representative did a good job of explaining everything and went through everything. I wanted to research the company and him before I gave out any information and he gave that to me. Then when I told him I was ready to discuss, he got back with me. So I was very pleased.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I'm retired and I was searching for Medicare supplemental insurance. I went with United Medicare Advisors. The reps I dealt with were good.

Original review: July 11, 2020

United Medicare Advisors was very helpful and I've already referred my sister to them. The rep answered all my questions. She seemed to know her stuff. She was very personable and polite. One thing I haven't been able to do is the prescription part of it. She said I’d be getting phone calls from somebody, but I don’t know that I have. It'd be good if they had the prescription information available also.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Unfortunately advised by sales agent of gym membership benefit with Aetna supplement plan while submitting application on November 21,2019. Sales agent was misinformed and the YMCA I belong to did not accept the Aetna plan. I reached out to my sales agent when I was informed of this problem but have only been able to reach her voice mailbox. I have left numerous messages to get her help to withdraw application to no avail. It is now December 2 and I am concerned I will be getting a plan that does not work for me. I have also contacted the customer service team at United Medicare Advisors and they assured me I would be getting a call. Not so far.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

The company don't have a website for HMO SNP plan which makes it hard to get any information we may need. Every time I have questions I need to call. They have good customer service but a website is very much needed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Although I have found United's insurance policy to be adequate, I have encountered several customer service issues plus my physicians have complained multiple times about the authorization process United puts them through.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have Plan F which covers all of my costs as long as it’s approved by Medicare and they pay at least a penny. This is great but they don’t offer any of the so called “perks” of the advantage plans like dental or eye care. Overall I may pay a little more out of pocket, but my costs remain flat & I can budget for the dentist and eye doctor.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

United Health Care coverage is spotty and we have had to appeal some of their decisions relative to pay or not paying. The agents who answer on the customer service lines are, for the most part, courteous but almost without exception give different answers to the same questions. The billing department is atrocious. The dates they send invoices with arrival dates that make it impossible to get the check back to them in a timely manner. The result is a constant showing of past due. It is a bookkeeping issue but it is very frustrating. I rate the value of the policy low because they have eliminated the dental care requiring the policy holder to pay extra for very basic coverage. Vision care is also skimpy at best. Hearing aids are not covered and for seniors that is a problem.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

The coverage under a plan level that we chose is excellent. A catastrophic surgery in 2015 was completely covered for both hospital and several doctors who billed. The policy offers wellness visits that attribute to a more healthier person is several I take advantage of. I have never had any billing or coverage issues, which is important at times of serious illness.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I am a travel nurse. I like the passport services United (AARP) has so I am covered at any place... I think the copay too high but it’s still less hassle. The customer service center is very good... actually talk to a human... short on hold wait times.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This company delivers excellent service with great courteous staff. They pay the claims timely according to your benefits. They stand behind their product! Much easier to deal with than the other BCBS brand.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

When I first signed up; several years ago, they were not very interested in my concerns; they have changed policies and listen patiently and executing solutions well. Still takes a while to get in to a referred specialist unfortunately. Overall, better!!!

United Medicare Advisors Company Information