4.5/5 (128 ratings)

About United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental Medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit. United Medicare Advisors’ service is completely free to users.

Pros

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

Cons

• Not available in every state

Bottom Line

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

Top United Medicare Advisors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

United Medical Advisors did an excellent job explaining all the options to me. They told me the different plans, prices, coverages, and how everything works. Their team was very p...

Verified

Jordan provided both my wife and I answers to all of our questions about Medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues...

What is United Medicare Advisors?

United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. Its representatives can also compare plans for you.

Explain your needs to one of United Medicare Advisors’ licensed agents, and they can recommend a match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 400,000 Medicare supplement policies since 2009.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

How much does United Medicare Advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisors website.
Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?
If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?

Yes, United Medicare Advisors is a reputable company offering legitimate services and insurance products. Its licensed agents can provide free, reliable advice as you navigate the confusing world of Medicare supplement insurance so that you can choose the best plans for your needs and budget. It’s worth browsing United Medicare Advisors’ offerings; the company makes it easy to compare options on its website.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: March 23, 2021

The plan I have is very good. We signed up mid-February and they've taken the money out of my account but I haven't gotten any kind of a card for my dental, vision, and hearing. I have been trying to get ahold of United Medicare Advisors but I can't get a callback. I'm back and forth and I may have not heard a call. I've left 3 messages and I've asked them to leave me a message when's a good time to call but I haven't had a message saying we can talk. Now it's a problem because we're in a hotel intermittently because we're building a house. My mail's being forwarded but I won't get it for two months so I'm kind of screwed.

The person we dealt with was lovely. He helped me with a lot of stuff. Perhaps, he's on vacation and didn't put it on his voicemail, and nobody's checking his messages. Up until then, they were great. Everything came through. The coverage began and we had Medicare Part D come through. We're getting prescriptions. I did have questions on how to use the gap coverage, the part N and part G. That was one of the things I wanted to talk to them about. I don't understand that piece of it. I wasn't sure how it initiated, how it knows to pick the other 20%.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

My Medicare Part A and Part B were cancelled by Social Security in error. When I applied for the Medigap, the agent had to cancel. When I contacted Social Security, the first representative who took my case told me that it should be resolved on January 4th. But then, afterward, I kept calling and there was no response to it. It was just a lot of cost to try to get it resolved. This agent advised me to call and ask to speak with a supervisor, which I did.

I still couldn't get Social Security. He kept his word in saying, "I will follow up on a certain date." So, he did. He called me and told me again, "Don't give up. Just keep calling if they haven't responded." I called again and finally, I got the supervisor to call me back. The following Monday, I made the case. I told her, "This is urgent. For this new pandemic, I cannot afford not being able to slip back to Part A." Social Security was allowed to have 15 days to process the case. It was already over 15 days, by that time, it was about 20 days. Just the past Monday, I got it approved. The guy was going to call me on Monday. But I called him back. He kept his word in calling me back, that was the first thing. Second, he gave me wise advice as to how to push to get the problem solved. He was very nice in saying, "Don't worry, we'll get this resolved." So, that was really good.

Original review: July 19, 2020

The rep of United Medicare was wonderful. I was absolutely clueless as to what we were doing. She just took me by the hand and led me step-by-step. She went over the options and the rates and what each one covered. She steered me away from the one that can get more expensive every year. There was Medigap and then there was another one. She told me the difference between the two, because my mother-in-law had told me that for Medicare part B or C or D, was running her just a whole lot every month. The rep told me it's because she probably got railroaded into picking the wrong one and it goes up every year. So the rep showed me the difference between all the different plans. She let me make my own decision, but she made it easier to do it.

I had not a clue what I was doing. I was so nervous and I figured I'd really sound stupid, but she never treated me stupid at all. She just guided me right through so easily. I was totally in the dark on this and really afraid. I didn't know even where to make the first move. She also told me that I'd go to the Social Security office to get things squared away. She just made my life so much more pleasant. By the time I got off the phone, I was smiling again.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I was looking for information about Medicare, and then my phone started ringing. A couple of people called and said, "Do you have questions about Medicare?" I said, "This isn't a good time. Call me back tomorrow.” Only one called me, and that was the guy back from United Medicare. I felt very good. I've said, from the initial conversation, "Who's paying for you?" He said, "You're not paying us anything. We are independent brokers and we will analyze what we think is best for your area. We're licensed to do business in your state." So, I said, "Okay, then let's talk." He was very informative. He gave me a lot of information for me to process. He did a very good job.

The only comment I would make was that because I had to do everything very quickly, I was not aware that I had to apply for Medicare Part B through social security. It wasn't until way toward the end of our conversation when I had already signed up for a supplement that I found out I had to do that. I could have done that way before if I'd known, but we didn't discuss that per se. He was more interested in what I was gonna to do to supplement the B, not that I hadn't applied for B.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The rep from United Medicare Advisors was very nice and helpful. However, I didn't understand that she was signing us up because it wasn't during my signup period. We were signed up before July 1st. When I called Aetna to cancel, they were kind of shocked but they said it does happen that people are signed up without their knowledge. But it was just a misunderstanding. The rep from United made contact with me and explained the whole thing. I really did appreciate that. She just wanted to lock me in at a good price and I didn't realize that I had to actually register to do that. I understand now but it should be made more clear how that process works to the customer they're dealing with, that they are gonna go ahead and sign up. I just thought she was getting all our information to get ready to sign us up.

I ran numbers for over a month trying to figure out which would be the right fit for us expense-wise. I don't really care for Express Scripts, but I called them. They have their own plan too. I talked to that guy and one of my medications was gonna cost $300 something for three months. We are paying $110 for three months right now. But we'll go over to this Medicare plan that I suppose State University has. We’ll only pay $150. It's a little bit more, but not that much more. We decided to go with a plan that my husband's employer has because it has better drug coverage. It has a $1,500 dollar out-of-pocket, and it'll play 100% after that. It's not quite a Medicare D plan, which I really like. It's because of the drugs that I have to take that it would’ve been way too expensive.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We were very comfortable with the rep from United Medicare Advisors. She answered a lot of questions that we had and made us feel comfortable.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Spoke to Ryan **. He was a rude, arrogant and NOT helpful at ALL!!!! Called another company. Was super helpful and switched my insurance. Stay away from this rude person. It's a shame this company has a long list of agents. Hopefully they are not all as rude or terrible sales people

United Medicare Advisors response

Stephen, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're so sorry about the poor experience and we will address this with the agent. We're happy to hear you got the health coverage you needed.

Original review: April 18, 2021

There was a rep that was very pushy. He went as far as having the money taken out of my account. That made me upset and I told him that all the other people that I talked to told me it wouldn’t come out until the first of July or the first of August. He said, "Yeah, well, we can do it that way, but it’s liable to increase by then.” Other than him, everybody else was understandable and knew what I was doing, and that I was just trying to inquire and ask them what is the best. Once I got it straightened out, the money was put back into my account immediately. So that was a good thing.

United Medicare Advisors response

Nina, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience and we regret any misunderstanding. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: April 17, 2021

They called me back and the rep made the process easy and explained everything. I was stressing on what I needed to do. She laid it all out and it was pretty simple. It was a pretty pleasant experience. It took away a lot of stress that I was having. It put it in one little neat package. I would advise somebody to go through somebody like them, where everything makes a little better sense.

Original review: April 16, 2021

United Medicare's rep, Randy, explained everything really well and he was fantastic. He told me their plan was the best deal and when I did some checking around, it was the best deal. Also, I wanted to postpone signing up until June and he tried to do that, but we found out that I had to have it in May. It was no big deal though.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I reached out to Medicare Advisors and got ahold of my rep and he was absolutely wonderful. Then Christian called about the deep part of the supplemental. The whole experience was great. They always responded to my questions. They had to change the date of my enrollment and both of them had quickly responded and made the appropriate changes. They gave me their numbers to contact if I had any questions. I was glad to have reached out to the company. They're very trustworthy and easy to work with. They go over the programs very easily with you and explain which would work best for you. With the drug companies, Christian was really good to find out who in the Raleigh area and North Carolina area would accept which companies and the coverage. So it was absolutely the best, easiest, and seamless thing to do.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The only thing I didn't like was when the prescription guy called, he wanted a Medicaid number but I didn't have it. I went and logged back in and got a social security thing. But I still don’t have that part of the insurance.

United Medicare Advisors response

Dale, thanks for your review. Once you have your confirmation from Medicare, please let us know and we can note your member number at that time.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I talked with Josh at United Medicare Advisors and he was awesome. I told him our situation because my husband had a stroke and his employment is going to terminate soon. He told me all the best possible options then let me know which ones based on where we were at with insurance would be the best for us. But he still gave me time to think about it and call him back. I could not be happier with him. He was very knowledgeable, very professional, not pushy at all, and available to me for all of my silly questions. He made a very difficult time of life a lot less stressful. Initially, we selected the wrong date because we thought my husband would be terminated from work by June 1st. So we're still waiting to hear back and make sure that we got what we wanted.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I talked to two representatives and the both of them were very helpful. They walked me through everything. It was a good experience.

Original review: April 11, 2021

They have extremely good service. I was so gung-ho on Blue Cross Blue Shield and the rep explained to me the benefits of taking this one over that one. And I'm paying a higher premium when I get the same benefits. So, he was extremely helpful. I appreciate that. I would recommend the gentleman that I worked with to anybody.

Original review: April 10, 2021

When the rep explained everything, he went step by step to expand my knowledge of what is going on with Medicare and the supplements. So, he just didn't throw it all on me at one time. He did little at a time to show me and explain to me and it went right along with the way I think. I love that step-by-step process that he used. He did a great job. The knowledge he had, the understanding and the way he communicates with people, it was very good.

Original review: April 9, 2021

The rep was very informative and he really helped me understand what the products were that they were offering.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I researched for several months and finally called United Medicare Advisors back and I took it. It was great working with Alan, the one person I dealt with. If I have any questions, I can call him. I've got his number.

Original review: April 7, 2021

The rep was very helpful. As a matter of fact, he gave me a couple of different plans and led me to a less expensive one based on my health. He guided me to another plan that I wasn't even considering. I was very pleased with him. I definitely would tell friends to go with United.

Original review: April 6, 2021

They gave me what I think is the cheapest plan for the same coverage that I was looking at. I'm satisfied with the price. The rep was also very helpful, and she was pleasant.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I knew what I wanted and when I called up, I had one guy take care of all of it for me and my wife. He was very good. No doubt about it. A lot of knowledge. I was a little surprised that I got sent to another company for Part C, but it is what it is.

Original review: April 4, 2021

United Medicare's rep was very good. My contact there explained the options and choices I had in good plain English, unlike some insurance and other terms. He did a great job and I couldn't been happier.

Original review: April 3, 2021

My father had Medicare Supplemental Insurance and it did him well. So, it's a pretty good coverage. I work with their rep, Brandy, and she's great. She answers all my questions. Initially, I almost didn't go with them because I was lost. My husband died three years ago and I'm by myself. But she explained everything to me and I was pleased with her. Other than that, they call too much. I realize that they're in business but I get calls at 10 o'clock at night from reps wanting to sell me Medicare supplements, then they hang up on me. They're really rude. But Brandy is not like that at all and she's really professional.

Original review: April 2, 2021

The company I retired from offers retirement medical, which I was on until May, and it'll turn over it to their Medicare Advantage with United Healthcare. We decided to go that route as opposed to the plans that the rep had offered and was trying to guide us through, strictly for cost. My wife is four years younger than me, and if I don't go with the Medicare Advantage plan, then we have to go get a plan just for her for an additional four years, which was going to be around $1,700 a month. We can't do that.

The overall experience with them was okay with the start. But they wanted to collect money to start the policy, and that wouldn't go into effect until May. So it would not be spent until it was enacted. But that was not what happened. It almost immediately went through and passed through our bank, which was kind of disturbing since we were told that was supposed to be just a placeholder. We didn't like that at all. Then we couldn't get the agent to reply back to us at all. It was several attempts to try to talk to her. We did find someone else that was in the organization to talk to. They helped us get that supposedly returned. But it hasn't come back yet. We still don't know if we got our money back yet. So it was not very good. One of the real downsides is that this Medicare Advantage plan that we're going to take is put in jeopardy. They could possibly refuse me to join the policy because I paid for another policy.

United Medicare Advisors response

Thank you for the review, Henry. We're happy to hear you were able to get the health plan that works best for you.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I got a call from a representative of United Medicare Advisors. The woman was extremely courteous and seemed knowledgeable. She also understood that it was months away from when I was turning 65. She said, “You don't need to be deciding on anything now. I'm gonna put you down to contact you on a certain date and time.” That worked out fine. Everything was explained very thoroughly and the plans were compared. The representative was looking out for my best interest in trying to match me with the best plan and I went with one of her recommendations. She was the best.

Original review: March 26, 2021

The lady that I talked to was really nice and she was able to find me a policy that work better for what I need right now. She gave me her extension number so that I could call her back if I had a question. It worked out really well because I was able to call her and ask her the question. United was really helpful there to give me the phone number to reach the same person I dealt with. That was important, so I don't have to start all over in talking to somebody new and they don't know what I'm talking about. The whole experience was really good.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I had firsthand experience with my brother using Medicare. They treated him right and they paid for everything. I liked that so I went with them too. So far, they've been good to me. Medicare works and their rep, Emily, was great.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The rep explained everything to me and helped me make a decision. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He was wonderful and was just a very nice person.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Lauren, my advisor at United Medicare, was a peach of a lady. She was so sweet and I could adopt her. She was great with me.

Original review: March 19, 2021

When I first talked to rep and I was talking about getting insurance, he told me that I would have to give him my bank account number and that the money would be taken out automatically. I told him, “No,” and that I'll find somebody else. I talked with somebody else at UnitedHealthcare and they said, “No, that doesn't happen.” Then it just happened that he called me the next day and I said this to him. He said he never said that. He was a really nice man, but he was giving me that kind of crap. I eventually ended up doing the insurance with him. I love United. I've had them for a good 15 years.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information