Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.55/5

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit.

BOTTOM LINE

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

PROS

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

CONS

• Not available in every state
United Medicare Advisors Call Now Toll Free (855) 534-7192 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

United Medicare Advisors review

It’s no secret that Medicare can be confusing. United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. The company’s representatives can compare as many as 30 or 40 plans for you. Explain your needs to one of UMA’s licensed agents, and they can recommend a best-fit match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research and headaches.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 100,000 Medicare Supplement policies since 2008.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?
Yes. United Medicare advisors is a legitimate online insurance marketplace.
How much does United Medicare advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisor website.

Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?

If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

United Medicare Advisors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

My Medicare Part A and Part B were cancelled by Social Security in error. When I applied for the Medigap, the agent had to cancel. When I contacted Social Security, the first representative who took my case told me that it should be resolved on January 4th. But then, afterward, I kept calling and there was no response to it. It was just a lot of cost to try to get it resolved. This agent advised me to call and ask to speak with a supervisor, which I did.

I still couldn't get Social Security. He kept his word in saying, "I will follow up on a certain date." So, he did. He called me and told me again, "Don't give up. Just keep calling if they haven't responded." I called again and finally, I got the supervisor to call me back. The following Monday, I made the case. I told her, "This is urgent. For this new pandemic, I cannot afford not being able to slip back to Part A." Social Security was allowed to have 15 days to process the case. It was already over 15 days, by that time, it was about 20 days. Just the past Monday, I got it approved. The guy was going to call me on Monday. But I called him back. He kept his word in calling me back, that was the first thing. Second, he gave me wise advice as to how to push to get the problem solved. He was very nice in saying, "Don't worry, we'll get this resolved." So, that was really good.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2020

The rep of United Medicare was wonderful. I was absolutely clueless as to what we were doing. She just took me by the hand and led me step-by-step. She went over the options and the rates and what each one covered. She steered me away from the one that can get more expensive every year. There was Medigap and then there was another one. She told me the difference between the two, because my mother-in-law had told me that for Medicare part B or C or D, was running her just a whole lot every month. The rep told me it's because she probably got railroaded into picking the wrong one and it goes up every year. So the rep showed me the difference between all the different plans. She let me make my own decision, but she made it easier to do it.

I had not a clue what I was doing. I was so nervous and I figured I'd really sound stupid, but she never treated me stupid at all. She just guided me right through so easily. I was totally in the dark on this and really afraid. I didn't know even where to make the first move. She also told me that I'd go to the Social Security office to get things squared away. She just made my life so much more pleasant. By the time I got off the phone, I was smiling again.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I was looking for information about Medicare, and then my phone started ringing. A couple of people called and said, "Do you have questions about Medicare?" I said, "This isn't a good time. Call me back tomorrow.” Only one called me, and that was the guy back from United Medicare. I felt very good. I've said, from the initial conversation, "Who's paying for you?" He said, "You're not paying us anything. We are independent brokers and we will analyze what we think is best for your area. We're licensed to do business in your state." So, I said, "Okay, then let's talk." He was very informative. He gave me a lot of information for me to process. He did a very good job.

The only comment I would make was that because I had to do everything very quickly, I was not aware that I had to apply for Medicare Part B through social security. It wasn't until way toward the end of our conversation when I had already signed up for a supplement that I found out I had to do that. I could have done that way before if I'd known, but we didn't discuss that per se. He was more interested in what I was gonna to do to supplement the B, not that I hadn't applied for B.

Original review: July 10, 2020

The rep from United Medicare Advisors was very nice and helpful. However, I didn't understand that she was signing us up because it wasn't during my signup period. We were signed up before July 1st. When I called Aetna to cancel, they were kind of shocked but they said it does happen that people are signed up without their knowledge. But it was just a misunderstanding. The rep from United made contact with me and explained the whole thing. I really did appreciate that. She just wanted to lock me in at a good price and I didn't realize that I had to actually register to do that. I understand now but it should be made more clear how that process works to the customer they're dealing with, that they are gonna go ahead and sign up. I just thought she was getting all our information to get ready to sign us up.

I ran numbers for over a month trying to figure out which would be the right fit for us expense-wise. I don't really care for Express Scripts, but I called them. They have their own plan too. I talked to that guy and one of my medications was gonna cost $300 something for three months. We are paying $110 for three months right now. But we'll go over to this Medicare plan that I suppose State University has. We’ll only pay $150. It's a little bit more, but not that much more. We decided to go with a plan that my husband's employer has because it has better drug coverage. It has a $1,500 dollar out-of-pocket, and it'll play 100% after that. It's not quite a Medicare D plan, which I really like. It's because of the drugs that I have to take that it would’ve been way too expensive.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I'll be Medicare eligible in September and I needed to start looking for a Medicare supplement insurance. I did a search online and just a few minutes later United Medicare Advisors called me. Mary was the one who helped me. She was on the phone for close to two hours explaining all my options, giving me price, what this one and that one did, and it was very easy. Most plans are similar, but it's up to the individual company as to what they want to charge for that plan. Based on the fact that I'm fairly healthy and I don't go to the doctor very often, the consideration was mostly the cost.

The couple of people that I've talked to have been very helpful and nice. I was supposed to hear back from another company called SmartMatch regarding the prescription plan. I left voicemail messages six days in a row and never heard back from anybody so I ended up having to go out on my own to get my part D. Other than that, the experience has been very painless. It was very positive all the way around. Everything that has to do with the supplement plan and a couple of the questions I had after I signed up have been answered.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My agent found United Medicare Advisors for me. It has allowed me to do a deductible but it's worth it because the premiums are low. Paul has been my representative for years and I like him. He sends me emails all the time. I've brought in other family members for him.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I worked with Stevens & Associates out in Santa Barbara and they helped me find the plan. It was the F plan and it was the best one to go with my Medicare. I’m very happy with it. I like Stevens because they not only work on the plans but they go to work on bills too.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Our advisor didn’t tell us she couldn’t set up our meds even though she had asked us both (wife and I) which meds we were on. So we didn’t find out until we ran out of our previous insurance that we weren’t covered, we did get coverage yesterday that won’t take effect for a month. Hope no more surprises.

United Medicare Advisors response

We appreciate this valuable feedback. We have communicated this information to the appropriate parties for review. Please do no hesitate to contact our customer care department at 855-538-2998 with any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I switched over to Medicare when I was 65. I hired a woman who looks into companies and knows my medical history, and she found United Medicare Advisors. It’s very useful for me and the reps have been very good.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I'm happy with United Medicare Advisors. I wanted to cover all my expenses. I've been with United Medicare Advisors for more than 25 years. I was looking to make sure that I had everything, except maybe my deductible, met and it would cover me. I don’t wanna have to worry. As a matter of fact, when my brother needed supplemental, I recommended him to United Medicare Advisors, and he was very happy with them.

The people from United Medicare Advisors were very nice. They explained that there were different kinds of programs, and then I told them that I wanted something that would cover me as completely as I could be covered. I live down here and my children are up north. I wanted to make sure that I didn't have to bother with them, and I would have good coverage and they would know that I was taken care of. I have regular Medicare, the United supplemental and now, I picked up the Part D for the drugs. United Medicare is very competent, and they assured me that if I had any questions, I don't have to hesitate to call them. They left me a number that I could call.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I needed supplemental insurance. I had a broker who specializes in Medicare Insurance and she was excellent. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I haven't signed up for Medicare yet, so I might be contacting United Medicare Advisors again. It's nice to have something in place for when I do sign up and I should be signing up in a few months. I'd like to know more about the advantage programs, but the option that I was given sounded good. I'm satisfied. So far, it's been great. Definitely talk to them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Jordan provided both my wife and I will answers to all of our questions about medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues to remain in contact to insure our satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I liked United Medicare price-wise and their coverage was better than other companies. My experience with their team was very good but so far, my policy hasn't gone into effect until February 1st, so I don't know how it's going to work yet.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I was trying to get on the Medicare website, and then it said, “Click if you need the supplement insurance.” So I clicked on it and I had a call within 15 seconds. I talked to the guy about it and he signed me up for my insurance that I need. He gave me three different options I could go with. By the time it was all said and done, it was more than I wanted to spend. But that’s the way it goes sometimes. I got my card in the mail two days ago. Everything’s on time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Everything went really well. Melissa was nice. She helped me with my mom's and then she called back when I wanted to do my husband's. He was on an Advantage plan and we switched him over to a supplement. She was very good and informative. For people that really didn't understand how all this stuff works, she explained everything very well. I felt very confident we were making the right decision. My husband needs to get a prescription plan and Melissa gave a company called Spring Venture Group. They're good people and they called me, and I asked for them to call me back. But they never did. So I called. I've been calling for the last couple of days and I'm not getting any callbacks. So I was thinking about calling Melissa to see what she could tell me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The United Medicare rep I spoke with was a good person. He explained everything. I had previously talked to somebody else but then I talked to a certain person with United and I got a better deal.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

United Medicare reached out to us and we did a couple of options with them. Everything was fine.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I’m very satisfied with this service and I was quite happy with all my interaction. They were very thorough.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I really enjoy United Medicare. The representatives are great and very helpful. They offer great dental benefits and offer extra benefits that the states don't offer or social security doesn't offer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

As my mother's familial care provider, I handle all of her business and recertification, as needed. With utilizing her supplemental insurance, we've been able to obtain all of her other functional needs via her plan (wipes, OTC, personal hygiene, medical supplements & vitamins).

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

United Medical Advisors did an excellent job explaining all the options to me. They told me the different plans, prices, coverages, and how everything works. Their team was very professional. There was plenty of dialogue and time for questions and answers. Everything was top-rate. My wife will be retiring and will be using them as well.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

United Medicare Advisors helped me pretty well. I got new healthcare insurance from them and it seemed they were gonna meet all the needs I had. Their team calls me and if I have any questions, they will answer them. Anytime I think of something, they're there for me. Going with them worked out well for me. Consumers are in need of this help. I hope you take advantage of it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

United Medicare's rep did a very good job. He explained everything about all the different plans and how they worked, then showed me some different options. He was also very knowledgeable and polite. So, I was very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I needed to enroll in Medicaid. I was flipping through the internet and put my name and phone number. In the next 30 seconds, I got a call from Niles. He was informative. These are difficult choices that you have to make and he went through them with me. He answered my questions even if they would seem to be on the goofy or dumb side. He would stop in the middle of an explanation and let me ask a question. That's where I felt like I was a human being. I was having problems getting this all done and he was very helpful.

I was trying to get on Medicare. Once I told them that I was not on Medicaid yet, they would say, “Call me back when you get it,” and that was the end of the conversation. Niles did not treat me that way. He got me through the ones that I needed and I signed up. He directed me and gave me the numbers in order to get on Medicaid. I called him because the number he gave me for my local SSA wasn't working. He called me back. He was having the same problem and he gave me another number.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I told Nathan what my friend had told me, that she was saving by going with Aetna. He looked into it and that's what we went with. He was very good and very down-to-earth. He and I talked farming and hunting and all kinds of good stuff. He was very nice and helpful too. He told me that next year, we'd look at it again and see if there'd be anything else that would cheaper and if we'd need to switch. That is wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I'm completely pleased with United Medicare. I don't really know what's out there so I rely on them to help me.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Dr. Martin ** was very knowledgeable when I talked to him. Everything went well 'cause he explained everything step-by-step, showed me the pros and cons and asked me medical questions. He got all the input and read it back to me. He was awesome. The best part was I could call him anytime I had questions.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

It was great working with United Medicare Advisors. They were polite and they got to the point. They didn't stretch things out. I was happy with them and got one of the plans they suggested.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

United Medicare Advisors laid out a few plans and asked me about my medicines. And we worked out which one was best for me. I'm very satisfied with their recommendations and they did a great job. They were all pretty helpful and they provided me with enough options.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information