3.9/5 (656 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About United Medicare Advisors

United Medicare Advisors is an online Medicare insurance marketplace that provides seniors with easily comparable plans and unbiased resources for selecting supplemental Medicare insurance. The team is staffed with licensed agents who help seniors purchase plans once they find the right fit. United Medicare Advisors’ service is completely free to users.

Pros

• Get help from unbiased licensed agents
  • Free service
  • Compare top providers

Cons

• Not available in every state

Bottom Line

United Medicare Advisors is an independent insurance marketplace that offers unbiased help enrolling in a variety of supplemental Medicare policies.

Top United Medicare Advisors Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

United Medical Advisors did an excellent job explaining all the options to me. They told me the different plans, prices, coverages, and how everything works. Their team was very p...

Verified

Jordan provided both my wife and I answers to all of our questions about Medicare. He set both of us with companies that provided for our health insurance coverages, and continues...

What is United Medicare Advisors?

United Medicare Advisors is an independent and unbiased resource and marketplace that helps seniors understand Medicare. The company’s experienced representatives work with seniors to make signing up for Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D health insurance as straightforward as possible.

• Services and tools: The company’s website provides information on the basics of Medicare, plan options, the enrollment process and other resources. Most notably, the site offers a comparison tool that allows users to quickly compare multiple rates and options.
  • Availability: The site offers quick-access quotes from top insurance companies and is licensed to sell insurance in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company does not serve Alaska, California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island.
  • Enrolling: After reviewing plan options and quotes, customers can call UMA’s toll-free number and enroll with the help of one of the company’s licensed agents.

How Medicare advisors help

When dealing with complicated Medicare issues, partnering with a trained advisor or consultant ensures you get the health coverage you need. United Medicare Advisors’ team has expert knowledge about Medicare plans, coverage and supplemental policies, and the company’s employees provide a full explanation of your options. Its representatives can also compare plans for you.

Explain your needs to one of United Medicare Advisors’ licensed agents, and they can recommend a match and give in-depth information on the specifics of your top choices. The team is on call to answer all questions, which can save you hours of research.

The team at United Medicare Advisors has submitted more than 400,000 Medicare supplement policies since 2009.

United Medicare Advisors FAQ

How much does United Medicare Advisors cost?
The service is free to use and provides customers quotes from top insurance agencies. United Medicare Advisors is a marketplace and does not set policy prices.
What is a United Medicare Advisors agent?
United Medicare Advisors’ agents are employees who are licensed to sell insurance. You can view their individual state licenses under each agent's profile on the United Medicare Advisors website.
Is United Medicare Advisors worth it?
If you’re struggling to sift through your Medicare options, a service like United Medicare Advisors is worth your time. Partnering with a trained advisor who explains your options ensures you select the right plan for your needs and feel confident in your choice.

Is United Medicare Advisors legitimate?

Yes, United Medicare Advisors is a reputable company offering legitimate services and insurance products. Its licensed agents can provide free, reliable advice as you navigate the confusing world of Medicare supplement insurance so that you can choose the best plans for your needs and budget. It’s worth browsing United Medicare Advisors’ offerings; the company makes it easy to compare options on its website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Medicare Advisors?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I was skeptical to work with United Medicare Advisors in the beginning. But after a little while, it was rather nice having somebody that knows the ins and outs and up and down of all the plans. The rep already had quite a bit of information and after talking with him for a little while, I was well convinced he is what he said he was. I researched the plan well and from all the indications, it seemed like I got a good deal. I only wish they could have had the drug plan all in one building where you could talk to everybody at one time instead of having to go somewhere else for it. I talked to them about the drug plan and they told me that there was somebody that they work with. They would give me a number or they would get them to call me. That's a little bit of a letdown. We got through everything else then there was something else different for the drug plan.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

United gave me options which were very substantial and from when I first contacted them, the whole process took several months. I worked with Jonathan and he was very informative and very friendly. He was also very helpful in guiding me as to what I needed to do. At the time, I didn't have Medicare Part B and I later found out why I didn't have Medicare Part B. He gave me a bunch of numbers that I could call to straighten that out and told me that when I got that all together, I could call back, which was what what I did. He never bothered me until I was ready and I was the one that reached out to him again. He responded to my questions and I never felt any pressure from him. I felt very comfortable and I trusted him. He was very easy to contact, too. He gave me his email address and I had his phone number.

Original review: July 9, 2021

The rep walked me through all of the different options, comparing and contrasting the C, D, E, F, G, L, M, N, O, P, and what I would get with one that I wouldn't get with another. He priced out five companies with each of the three options that we narrowed it down to, the C, G, and N. And I made my decision from that. He made it easy to understand. Everyone I've spoken to has been very professional and thorough.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The rates on my supplemental insurance kept going up every year on my birthday. It was time to do some comparison and see if I could get something similar with a better premium. United Medicare Advisors was really good about listening to what I wanted, which was to get the same coverage but with a lower premium. They found two and I chose one over the other because of who they were. I had had an experience with Aetna in the past and was happy with them.

I really liked the rep that I had and he answered all my questions. I had to call back one time and he returned my call, which is really important. I was pretty happy. We did have a little confusion with the follow-up with Aetna. The rep told me that I was probably going to get a call from them for a phone interview. We got a phone call and they left a message. But when I read the message, it was for my husband. That got squared away yesterday. Overall, I had a good experience all the way around.

Original review: July 3, 2021

United Medicare Advisors gave me some good information. I spoke to a gentleman about receiving Medicare and he gave me a company. At one point, I had one company in mind and we concentrated on that company because that's the one that I was more concerned about. United Medicare did a step-by-step thing. I had a list of questions and the gentleman answered all of them. I asked about the comparison between Medicare gap and another one that's a lot cheaper. I chose the one that would pay 100% of my bills. United Medicare Advisors is well and knowledgeable about Medicare.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I filled out a request for Medicare quotes. He & many called, texted & emailed. It gets scary. He asked questions & I began to wonder if he was I dependent why did I feel he was dominating me? He was overbearing & rude when I said it might take us 2 weeks to check info out & accept. I didn’t want to lose my existing policy & get one worse. He became anger & told me to call back when we were ready. We couldn’t wait long. He wanted my trust & business NOW or he got anger. Then he hung up!!! Seniors are afraid to trust people with healthcare. Insurance has turned Malfia. Someone Help!!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Yesterday I filled out the form online during a break at work. Received a call within a minute (I realize that normally this would be a good thing but the ensuing chain of events left me feeling a bit harassed) but I was back at work and couldn’t answer. The woman left a voice mail asking me to call back when I could. Over the next three hours someone from UMA called every hour. This morning I had three calls - again every hour on the hour.

I was able to answer the last one and when I did I told him that I was not happy with the constant calling and that when the callers asked me to call back, that should be at MY convenience and that I wanted him to take me off the call list. He got a little snarky with me, using that tone that implies that you are a simpleton and instead of apologizing for the inconvenience he said that he didn’t know what the story was on what I had told him but I had to understand that he is calling to help me and they are only doing their job. Eventually I got him to say he would take me off the call list.

United Medicare Advisors response

Gerianne, we're so sorry about this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can address it. We wish you the best!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

United Medicare Advisors is a marketing front that routinely spams people (with no option to unsubscribe) even if they haven’t asked for the information. Would you trust a scam company like UMA?! I certainly wouldn’t and have filed an FTC complaint.

United Medicare Advisors response

Paul, we're terribly sorry about the issue and want to help. We reach out to help customers learn about and enroll in Medicare-based health plans. We understand you do not want to be contacted by our agency. We will reach out privately to get your information so we can remove it from our marketing efforts. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Anthony from United Medicare Advisors helped me and he did a really good job. I was going to go with something else but after speaking with him, he convinced me that was the way to go.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I worked with Damon **. He helped me with figuring out what I needed seeing I'm new to Medicare. We came up with Manhattan Life which seems to be a good fit for me. I would like to thank him for all his help and the follow-up phone call to see how things are going. Hope to talk to him again.

United Medicare Advisors Company Information