4.11/5
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

9 State Farm Medicare Supplemental Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

The features they have for you to choose from is out of this world. So I'm gonna say it was great for me and everything I needed but everyone is different. The offering I was given was great. I have never felt safer when I'm home and on the go cause I know they got me insured to the fullest. I love it. The service they provide me when needed is so great. I'm taking super great top notch lv service. I love them so much and I will stick with them. The value I highly recommend. This is great. I got to say best price I have found anywhere and I been dealing with insurance for years, I'm so happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

A variety of plans and add on features to suit your needs and budget. Good details to know how and what is covered. Nice price points on all features. Expanded packages and features to make buying insurance easy and affordable. Variable and variety help to make for a nice rounded options that are helpful without being overwhelming. Agents work with you to help make your plan right for you. Smooth transactions. Unfortunately they don't always work with you if rates go up. There is safety in knowing you are covered and will not be creating huge bills. Can pick my own medical places knowing I will be covered.

Get expert buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Rude service but great coverage. A bit pesty at times but there are still better than most. I would recommend them long say can ignore clerks. Decent prices for great coverage. Smaller packages is less money but also less coverage as it always goes but if you want to be covered. Very rude when I couldn't find my information and told me not to waste their time and I asked to be transferred they denied me and hung up. It definitely made things more easy for on my out of pocket expenses plus it does a lot for mentality knowing I'm covered by a great company with broad shoulders.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

They just have some of the best possible options and stuff. I really enjoyed them and they were useful. Very easy to use features and such. They're nice. Maybe not the most best in the best of the class, but they're still pretty great. They have the best offers in the industry in my opinion, so no problems here. Very awesome support. Able to answer all the questions and concerns I have. Just nice and most helpful to our specific needs and situations. Just very good quality, they're the best of the best values. I liked them a lot and I would love to do business with them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

It has quite a few features you can use on the website that helps you in any way you need help. They also have an online chat feature just in case you need a quick question answered right away and are great for everything you need and like. They have a lot of different types of things to choose from and if you have any questions about them they will always be glad to help. I love it so much. Great insurance prices and just overall great stuff to choose from. Will recommend. I have only had a few bad experiences but that's only a few bad apples. After those experiences it has been just amazing with customer service. They are very educated about the business and always answer my questions truthfully and quickly. There are a few things I can't afford but they have so many different things to choose from and will work with anyone's budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The features are super, very easy to use. They also have great customer service. So if you need any help they are more than willing to help. They offer great insurance. It's very cheap, not expensive as some other insurance offers. They provide great quality insurance for a low price. The customer service is phenomenal! They are so friendly, kind, and helpful. No question is a stupid question. Whatever question you have just ask They are very helpful. The value is absolutely impeccable. They are awesome. Everyone should switch to State Farm.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Quick pay out and customer service representatives were knowledgeable and courteous. No hassle or sales pitch. Just good workers. Kept me informed on the process as needed. Offered several different packages at different price ranges. Was able to find one that fit my budget. Thanks to the customer service representative. Not a long wait time on hold. Directive easily maneuvered and representatives were friendly helpful. Payment options were good. The value of the product was priceless. No red tape just payment as needed without a lot of hassle or unnecessary paperwork and good network of doctors.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

The extra features are expensive and I think it does not get my attention because I am looking for something good but cheap and that is why I don't use the extra features. The extra features are some of the offering that the insurance has and they require more payment. That is the reason that I don't look for offering of the insurance. The insurance customer service is good. The people that are there to help with any questions are always nice and helpful. I have never had any trouble with customer service. The value of the insurance seems a little low for the price they are required. I think that the insurance needs more work in order to have the value they are asking people to pay.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

It had a variety of packages to choose from. I could change it if I needed to. Everything met my needs. Representatives were always there if I had any questions. They had an answer for every question I had, and explained things to me in ways I understood. I never felt overcharged for anything. The benefits in case of an accident were the best I've seen. I never made a claim, but I am sure if I would have their customer service would have been great. After comparing rates, they were the best option for me. Affordable and had exactly what I was looking for in a medicaid company. Everything I needed.

State Farm Medicare Supplemental Insurance expert review by Cyril Tuohy

State Farm Insurance was founded in 1922 and is a mutual company, meaning it is owned by policyholders, not investors. The company holds more than 80 million insurance policies and offers more than 100 products, including Medicare supplement insurance.

• Easy to see options: Interested consumers can very quickly find which plans are available in their state from State Farm’s supplement insurance website by selecting their state from a drop-down menu. This action takes users to another page that lists available State Farm policies and gives them the opportunity to find an agent.

• Quote: State Farm’s website offers instant quotes for supplement insurance based on the potential customer’s age, residence location and tobacco use. Those interested in more information can have their information sent directly to an agent of their choice or a random agent in their area. The agent will contact them to discuss their options.

• Company size: State Farm offers a wide variety of other insurance products, so many customers who are interested in Medigap coverage will already have a relationship with a State Farm agent. Customers may find it easier to work with a single company for all their insurance needs.

• Best for: State Farm is best for seniors, retirees and people with qualifying disabilities who want one company that offers multiple types of insurance.

Profile picture of Cyril Tuohy
Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

State Farm Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information