Transamerica Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Compare Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Research top Medicare Supplemental Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The features of the places fit in nicely to my needs. They did everything to accommodate my situation. I would recommend to others looking for supplemental insurance. The other insurance offerings met my needs for my health issues at the time. From dental to regular checkups I was taken care of. They found a policy to meet my needs. The customer service I received was excellent. They answered all my questions and were interested in listening to me. I did not have any problems with them. The value of the policy was affordable. It fit into my budget and was what I was looking for.

I really needed this service. I was out of work and out of insurance, and I had a kidney stone. Without medicaid, I'd have been super screwed. They gave me insurance that I didn't have, and it was really needed. Their customer service was absolutely fantastic. Always answered every question I had easy and simply. I was really really happy with everyone I spoke to. The value was fantastic. It was medicaid, so it was free.

Very helpful and beneficial for the means of coverage, helps with everyday life and people that can't afford coverage. The coverage is better than average and better than any plan an employer could offer. Helps with vision for glasses or contact lenses, and covers most prescriptions. Helps with dental as in cleaning and regular visits. And may choose from life insurance. Customer service is very kind and outstanding ready to answer any questions you may need for any benefit that your card covers. And you can call most any hour of the day within the business hours. The plan added a great deal of value, a lot of people including myself do not have the money to cover many expenses that this plan offers.

Help when need insurance. I used when I was pregnant with my son and there was no other options for me as I was not working. Any time I needed to go to the doctor, there was no issues with claims or bills that were sent to me to pay. Customer service reps were top notch and very knowledgeable. Other insurance companies will try to scam you and tell you that they offer this and that. Always shop around for what your needs are. There is insurance available for every need. Customer service is key with any position is insurance. If they do not know what they're doing, it will not make sense to either of you. I have never had any issues with customer service with my insurance company. I have had a good experience and am not in debt because of an insurance claim. I value the care I receive in a health care facility and want the best care for me and my family.

I couldn't get my medication before. I couldn't go to the doctor. I could go to the eye doctor now that I have my Medicare insurance through Transamerica. I can get medical rides dental, eyes, ear, nose, throat, my diabetic medication. I love it. Now I can go to the diabetic doctor. I can pay for my medicine. There's only a small co-pay at $20. I can do anything now because I can actually pick up my medications without worry. I was at the pharmacy the other day and I had a problem. Only had to do was call the Customer Service at Transamerica and everything is fixed in 5 minutes. I have no problem. Pharmacist got right through and everything was handled accurately and accordingly. I started getting disability 2 years ago and I couldn't pay for anything, but to just mail the check is so small. Now that I have Medicare everything is gravy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Transamerica Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

It paid for some test and medications but a lot of prior approvals and hoops to jump through to see a specialist. But the prescription plan helped a lot as a supplemental insurance. I was happy with it. The insurance company paid for a lot of refills and provided somewhat helpful customer service. It was a hassle switching doctors but I guess that is to be expected with any insurance company. The customer service was in a nutshell like dealing with a bunch of kids. We can't get this done or we need prior approval. When a doctor writes a prescription that means he wants you to take that medication. Why do I need a letter from the doctor saying he wants me to take it. The insurance helped my life greatly. I would probably be easier without it. I would not have been able to pay for doctors visits and medications so I would not have the quality of life I have had for the last few years.

They cover my bills pay for my prescriptions and allow me to go to well check up appointments. They are the reason I stay healthy and Alive for that matter. They cover all of my medical expenses in every shape or form. I don't have to worry at all when I get a sore throat or a stuffed up nose because I can just run straight to the emergency room. I don't actually have to get in touch with them all that often, only when I need to confirm something or get a new card sent out and they call occasionally to check up on me and my service. They are very friendly. Having peace of mind about your health is the best feeling in the world knowing you are covered no matter what. Knowing you won't go in debt staying healthy is an amazing feeling.

It helps with some of the extra medical expenses that I might have. I just don't want to worry my family if I needed more money to cover my medical expenses. They are good with the payouts that I do need. They respond very fast and they do care about your privacy. They make sure that only you and other people you allow to see any of the plans you have gotten from them. It is always good to have some backup plan just in case something happens. So the premiums are good for what they are.

Being on Medicare for my disability and utilizing Transamerica Supplemental Insurance was demeaning. I was treated horribly and often with suspicion on account of my young age. I have required non-elective surgeries every year for the past decade and I was treated like a drug addict and a loser for simply being born with a heredity medical condition by the insurance company. My doctors had to waste time fighting for my proper treatments and pain management constantly. As a person on SSDI, I did not truly have a choice.

This insurance was what was offered to me for free. To pick up better insurance it would have cost money I did not have and still do not have at this time. It felt like being treated like a second class citizen. Terrible. I do not believe this insurance company actually offers insurance to non-medicare people just so they can hire the cheapest call center force they can of indifferent people who clearly hate their careers. The customer service is atrocious, unprofessional, and also demeaning. It was free. I did not choose it. Sometimes, I believe having no supplemental insurance (like I do now) is a better value than using this company.

It all sounds good on paper but really it makes no sense at all. The whole thing is a scam, features? What features? Nothing is featured. There was nothing worth offering except that supposed to be if you go to the doctor they pay you, but you have to fight with claim service. It's ridiculous. Everyone was very nice but like I said all and all the thing is useless but the people are nice. It's not their fault their job is a sham. All of it was "free" so I guess it's a good value if someone explains the whole process correctly but that honestly is very doubtful so good luck with that.

The features of this insurance is good. It pays for most of my medicine and doctor visits. The premium is high. You have to meet your yearly deductible to be able to afford your medicine. The insurance offerings covers just about everything you need... However the more you get or choose to have, the more you will pay monthly. The customer service I've had to call a few times. I get some bills that are really high and they didn't seem to care... I wasn't suppose to pay a deductible and was never reimbursed. The value is great. You get what you pay for. I get to choose my doctor and which ones I want to visit. I get my medical needs met and really can't complain.

The features to this product are amazing. They really attend to my needs and can be very reliable. I'd definitely positively recommended to anyone seeking. The insurance offerings are just as great as the features in the same way that they both attend to my needs which is positively great since. I'd recommend to anyone. The customer service are very helpful. I really enjoy the business relationship between them and I. Again, I recommend to anyone seeking great insurance. The value of this program is amazing. It really is getting your money's worth. I hope this is very useful for anyone.

They have different investments, insurance, and also if you are ready to retire they have that too. Many options to choose from. I only use the insurance part. Their insurance plans are as low as 15 dollars per month which isn't bad especially if you don't have that kind of money to pay for something like that. They offer life insurance, dental, medicare, long term care, and learning center. The customer service is really nice because they are hardworking people and they always keep their promises. If you have a problem with something they are always there to help. It is inexpensive especially if you don't make enough money as I said before and you can always get different plans to fit your lifestyle.

Expert Review

Cyril TuohyInsurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.    More about Cyril→

Transamerica has roots going back to the beginning of the 19th century and took its current form and name in 1952. It became a part of Aegon N.V. in 1999. The company headquarters are located in Baltimore.

• Retirement solutions: In addition to Medicare supplement insurance policies, Transamerica also offers several financial services and retirement accounts. Product options include mutual funds, annuities, retirement accounts and more.
  • Guaranteed acceptance: Customers who apply for a policy during open enrollment just before or in the six months following their 65th birthday are guaranteed to be approved for a Transamerica Medigap policy.
  • Discounts: Transamerica offers discounts to individuals who enroll before they turn 65. Coverage does not begin until the customer’s 65th birthday, but they can purchase a policy in the three months preceding their birthday. The company also offers discounts for certain payment methods and/or payment schedules.
  • Quotes: Interested consumers can get an instant quote online by entering some personal information into the company’s quote tool. The quote tool shows both standard and discounted rates for each available plan option.
  • Best for Transamerica is best for retirees and people with qualifying disabilities who can pay their premiums semi-annually or who are 64 or 65.

Compare Medicare Supplemental Insurance